PDA

View Full Version : Sir Tom Farmer

PatHead
02-07-2019, 06:42 AM
Well it looks like the end of the line for Sir Tom's involvement with Hibs.
From those of us old enough to remember the darkest days in our history when he saved us from going under right through to today.
A stadium to be proud of in Leith. A training facility second to none that we don't share with hockey students. A solid financial platform. And finally a team ready to challenge at the top end of the table on a regular basis.
Oh and did I mention the greatest day in my life.
All done the correct way with no cheating.
Thanks Sir Tom.

DarlingtonHibee
02-07-2019, 06:44 AM
From those of us old enough to remember the darkest days in our history when he saved us from going under right through to today.
A stadium to be proud of in Leith. A training facility second to none that we don't share with hockey students. A solid financial platform. And finally a team ready to challenge at the top end of the table on a regular basis.
Thanks Sir Tom.
Probably the most important person in the clubs history

The Harp Awakes
02-07-2019, 06:47 AM
Thanks Sir Tom.

STF can be proud of his role in saving the Club and putting us in such a healthy position today. Particularly admirable given he has admitted himself over the years he has not a great interest in football:not worth

we are hibs
02-07-2019, 06:48 AM
Is he actually leaving or has someone just put money in? If he was leaving and the club was being sold then shareholders would be aware first, no?

GordonHFC
02-07-2019, 06:50 AM
Is he actually leaving or has someone just put money in? If he was leaving and the club was being sold then shareholders would be aware first, no?

Depends what's being sold.

Todi114
02-07-2019, 07:02 AM
His last job is to ensure whoever buys his shares has the cash to ensure Hibernian football club have a bright future
no David Duffs

lyonhibs
02-07-2019, 07:11 AM
Is there anything official, anywhere, about this investment etc being an actual real thing?

If it spells the end of Sir Tom Farmer's involvement, he leaves as the literal saviour of Hibs. A legacy that cannot be debated or tarnished.

GloryGlory
02-07-2019, 07:14 AM
His last job is to ensure whoever buys his shares has the cash to ensure Hibernian football club have a bright future
no David Duffs

Or Duff David as I call him! :greengrin

franck sauzee
02-07-2019, 07:29 AM
I'm so glad this thread has been completely positive. He's been absolutely outstanding for us and it's incredible that there are a vocal minority out that can't recognise this

wookie70
02-07-2019, 07:31 AM
I agree with earlier posters. One of the most important people in Hibs history and he did it all for the right reasons. Ridiculous some of the crap he has had to put up with over the years.

bigwheel
02-07-2019, 07:40 AM
Yes. Will remain a key figure in our history. If we do get new ownership I hope they have the best for our club and its place in our community at the heart of their strategy too.

nellio
02-07-2019, 07:43 AM
IMO he's been that important we should be considering naming a stand after him.

Pretty Boy
02-07-2019, 07:43 AM
IF it is the end of STFs time with Hibs then it would be almost impossible to argue that he leaves us in anything other than an infinitely more positive position than the one we were in when he acquired us all those years ago.

A modern stadium, a modern training facility, a solid financial platform and 3 major trophies in the cabinet isn't a bad legacy to leave.

IWasThere2016
02-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Thanks Sir Tom.

:top marks Deserves a statue..

worcesterhibby
02-07-2019, 08:00 AM
during a time when he was under a lot of criticism, I once wrote to Sir Tom thanking him for his continued benevolence and good management of the club. He wrote me back a personal letter in reply within a few days. STF is a class act and has been the saviour of Hibs. Needs a stand naming after him IMHO.

WillowbraeHibby
02-07-2019, 08:02 AM

My own thoughts are, it would be deserving to say the least. He's had a big input into the club, as we all know..

1van Sprou7e
02-07-2019, 08:04 AM
Agree re the stand

Would like to have at least one more stand with a specific name (rather than just east/west/south) and I can't think of anyone more deserving than Farmer

WillowbraeHibby
02-07-2019, 08:07 AM
Agree re the stand

Would like to have at least one more stand with a specific name (rather than just east/west/south) and I can't think of anyone more deserving than Farmer

:top marks

BSEJVT
02-07-2019, 08:07 AM
Whilst it is still a bit early for the eulogising I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments expressed.

Some of the folk who have criticized STF over the years for his stewardship of Hibs should be ashamed of themselves.

RP is a much more divisive figure but I have absolutely no doubt he acted in what he thought were the best interests of his principal and far more often than not by extension the club.

One of the great joys of the Scottish Cup Win was seeing how much it meant to STF and RP, none of whom could probably have given a damn about football before their involvement.

To see that Hibs could have such an effect of such hard-bitten businessmen tells you what our great club and support are all about.

GGTTH

J-C
02-07-2019, 08:08 AM
If all this investment is true and STF steps down, he will go down as a Hibernian legend. With no interest in football he saved our club and kept it on the straight and narrow, a stand and a statue please.

GloryGlory
02-07-2019, 08:10 AM
during a time when he was under a lot of criticism, I once wrote to Sir Tom thanking him for his continued benevolence and good management of the club. He wrote me back a personal letter in reply within a few days. STF is a class act and has been the saviour of Hibs. Needs a stand naming after him IMHO.

A stand? Let's just go the whole hog and rename ER as the STF Stadium. :flag:

TelaStella
02-07-2019, 08:11 AM

I remember meeting him outside the ground pre match years ago back when I was a young lad. Back then and being so young I actually had little idea of just who he was but I’ve certainly never forgot him since. Took all the time in the world to chat to me about my thoughts on the game, favourite players etc and to top it off arranged for me to be a mascot a few games later at Easter Road. Getting to run out of the tunnel with my hero’s facing onto the old east is something I’ll definitely never get to experience again and it was all down to him. Tell you what, you’d struggle to find an owner with the characters of him anywhere today in the modern game. A great servant to the club and even if it isn’t the end it’s still nice to come together and celebrate everything he has done for the club over the years in this thread as I don’t ever think he’s got quite the credit he deserves. “The STF West Stand” least he deserves imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
02-07-2019, 08:12 AM
I found it very poignant in the “Time for Heroes” video when he told the story of how his grandfather who at that time was a Director of the Football Club came home from the 1902 Scottish Cup Final and placed the Scottish Cup on the sideboard of the family home

We will be forever in debt to Sir Tom Farmer and his family for everything they have done for our great Football Club

Onceinawhile
02-07-2019, 08:13 AM

Name the training ground after him imo.

He's secured the future of the club after all. I'd leave the stands for former players.

Billy Whizz
02-07-2019, 08:14 AM
Great threat Pathead, nice to read of the deserved praise of STF

I’m sure if we move into new hands, he’ll make sure they are safe hands!

Blaster
02-07-2019, 08:15 AM
Name the training ground after him imo.

He's secured the future of the club after all. I'd leave the stands for former players.

I think the West stand should be named after him. The main stand for the main man without whom we’d be lucky to still be in existence

Golden Bear
02-07-2019, 08:29 AM
I'm so glad this thread has been completely positive. He's been absolutely outstanding for us and it's incredible that there are a vocal minority out that can't recognise this

:agree:

Absolutely correct. I've a feeling that any animosity is/was linked to politics rather than football.

EI255
02-07-2019, 08:29 AM
Thanks Sir Tom."A training facility second to none that we don't share with hockey students"

Should read... "A training facility second to none that we OWN and don't share with hockey students"

STF... Hibernian FC legend!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
02-07-2019, 08:47 AM
I like it STF Stand Lower K160 👌

norhfc
02-07-2019, 08:55 AM
I am old enough to remember how he saved us at a very dark time for the club. I fully support a stand named after him, it’s the least he deserves.

zitelli62
02-07-2019, 08:57 AM
Hibs before Sir Tom and hibs after sir Tom farmer like night and day the mans a legend I will never forget he saved our club and stepped forward when no one else did God knows where we would be today without him just look at the stadium and training centre and all done above board sir tom farmer one of the most important men in our history.

tonyrougier123
02-07-2019, 08:59 AM
Never had much money in my family growing up,was always a struggle trying to get cash for the games to go with my mates.90's halloween went guising up barnton with a couple of pals.not realising sir tom lived there.pressed the bell at the gates of this lovely house,gates opend up and we walked up to the door to see tom farmer standing ther he said tell u what guys I will give you a pound each if you dont sing.we recognised him and told him we were doing this to get tickets for the game,and he was delighted.very nice man,didnt have to open his gate then door but did,never forgot that night I met him.

Smartie
02-07-2019, 09:06 AM
I've long said that we should make a significant show of appreciation towards Sir Tom Farmer before it is too late for him to understand how much the vast majority appreciate what he has done for us.

tonyrougier123
02-07-2019, 09:08 AM
I've long said that we should make a significant show of appreciation towards Sir Tom Farmer before it is too late for him to understand how much the vast majority appreciate what he has done for us.

Totally agree 👍

Hibernian32
02-07-2019, 09:08 AM

Every word of this

Leitherhibs
02-07-2019, 09:09 AM

This.

Bill Milne
02-07-2019, 09:10 AM
A training facility second to none that we don't share with hockey students. A solid financial platform.

"Sharing" implies an element of ownership. In the case you are. evidently, referring to, the training facilities are rented from a university!!

ben johnson
02-07-2019, 09:19 AM
"Sharing" implies an element of ownership. In the case you are. evidently, referring to, the training facilities are rented from a university!!

Not according to posters on Kickback

I remember speaking to a Hearts scout a few years ago, he’s no longer at Hearts now. Apparently their facilities are actually pretty ****. No idea how true that is or not, just sharing what he told me.
Ah fair enough. They've got all the space in the world out there i suppose so investment could really turn it round for them.

Suppose we've always been spoiled with Riccarton and the Oriam!

Since452
02-07-2019, 09:19 AM
There should have been a Sir Tom Farmer stand as soon as the new main stand was built

Peevemor
02-07-2019, 09:20 AM
There should have been a Sir Tom Farmer stand as soon as the new main stand was built

Given that the man himself has the final say, that was never going to happen.

1van Sprou7e
02-07-2019, 09:20 AM

Would make more sense to do it when he leaves the club imho

Bill Milne
02-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Not according to posters on Kickback

I remember speaking to a Hearts scout a few years ago, he’s no longer at Hearts now. Apparently their facilities are actually pretty ****. No idea how true that is or not, just sharing what he told me.
Ah fair enough. They've got all the space in the world out there i suppose so investment could really turn it round for them.

Suppose we've always been spoiled with Riccarton and the Oriam!

Yes, Ben, but, as you are no doubt aware, many posters on Keechback dwell on Fantasy Island and employ a "1984" dictionary where bad actually means good and so on and so on.....

Eaststand
02-07-2019, 09:35 AM
Totally agree bud, STF has been our Clubs saviour and should be suitably honoured by our support.

If somebody starts the ball rolling to arrange a fitting tribute to STF, I would gladly donate and also help out in any way I can.

GGTTH

Hibs4185
02-07-2019, 09:40 AM
In the years of STF ownership I’ve never had a worry of hibs going bust or getting into financial trouble. In today’s climate that is almost unheard of in Scotland.

Today is marked with great sadness if the rumours are true and we cannot thank the man enough.

Personally I’m a little bit uneasy with new ownership as it has the potential to go wrong but I trust STF, RP and LD to have chosen the right person with the clubs best interest at heart.

JeMeSouviens
02-07-2019, 09:41 AM
The summer of 1990 was also a Time for Heroes, Tom Farmer most definitely among them. :not worth

banarc7062
02-07-2019, 09:41 AM

Fully Agree, just like the trio at Old Trafford. A Club saviour who gave us the greatest ever winning result agaist the Jambos.:flag:

Marvellous
02-07-2019, 09:44 AM

100% yes.

Cannot for the life of me understand why it's common to wait for a person to pass away before things like this are done. Man Utd naming a stand for Ferguson and having him there to present it to him was brilliant, I hope we do the same thing.

FilipinoHibs
02-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Probably the most important person in the clubs history

Yes and wrote off half the debt by taking shares. Maybe will get out flat. A person of great values that saved our team.

My_Wife_Camille
02-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Get that West Stand named after him immediately

Phil MaGlass
02-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Thanks, Sir Tom.

02-07-2019, 10:06 AM
Would be good for Farmer and Petrie to get an appropriate send off at the opening game. Legends

DarlingtonHibee
02-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Yes and wrote off half the debt by taking shares. Maybe will get out flat. A person of great values that saved our team.

I can think of a journalist who should be ashamed the way he spoke about stf over the years.

MagicSwirlingShip
02-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Find myself getting a wee bit emotional today.

Thank you, thank you Sir Tom

Bad Habits
02-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Very sad to see them go. And I would 100% support any renaming of stands etc. To commemorate the legends that they both are.

Thank you STF and RP

Hibby Gav
02-07-2019, 10:15 AM
You saved our club, you kept it safe......you chatted with me in the Hibs shop just after the cup win and signed my book and told me it was the proudest moment you had had.....
You Sir Tom are a true Hibernian Legend....

The Sir Tom Farmer Stand is the least that should happen...

Thank you

GGTTH

Pretty Boy
02-07-2019, 10:19 AM
Find myself getting a wee bit emotional today.

Thank you, thank you Sir Tom

I'm the same.

It's obviously quite exciting to have a new owner and what looks like a bit more cash to play with but as long as I have been aware of being a Hibs fans STF has been around. There's a bit of me that feels a bit melancholy that he's gone.

Oscar T Grouch
02-07-2019, 10:20 AM
Get that West Stand named after him immediately

This.

Vault Boy
02-07-2019, 10:20 AM
Thank you Sir Tom. You've been the owner of the club I love for all my life, and I've never had a moment where I've feared for our financial stability or existence.

Hibernia&Alba
02-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Thanks Sir Tom.

Very much so!

BSEJVT
02-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Difficult to know what it means going forward

This day was always going to come and the short term increase in cash available made by the repayment of STF's loan is very welcome

But we are now pretty much in the hands of a guy with no attachment to Hibs whatsoever.

What happens if / when he gets fed up?

Will be interested to hear HSL's take on things?

I can't think that the new guy will be quite so willing to have his shareholding diluted at all and especially without trousering the cash from the sale of the shares, so that would effect players budget negatively

I guess that will be his first test, how I wish though we have that 25.1% safely tucked away in guaranteed friendly hands.

We probably do, but it is difficult to know who and what the nominee holders were in it for and what they will do.

He way well make an offer for rest of shares anyway and for me, the perfect scenario would be that he came up short of the 75% required to gain control but that the nominee holdings disappeared.

The mantra seems to be that the club will continue to live within its means, so other than his 7 figure investment finally finishing the clubs infrastructure requirements and tarting the place up again I doubt we will see any increase in playing budget other than the saved £500k and hopefully reduced maintenance costs going forward.

Unless he is completely philanthropic, I struggle to see what he gets out of it but remain hopeful that this will be the case.

Worst case we have got a new owner and a right few £ to help us finish things off and are faced as we were before with an unknown future when the new owner decides to disinvest.

Interesting and Exciting Times

WillowbraeHibby
02-07-2019, 10:30 AM
You saved our club, you kept it safe......you chatted with me in the Hibs shop just after the cup win and signed my book and told me it was the proudest moment you had had.....
You Sir Tom are a true Hibernian Legend....

The Sir Tom Farmer Stand is the least that should happen...

Thank you

GGTTH

:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
02-07-2019, 10:31 AM
During the bad times over the last 30 years I was one of the fans who was critical of STF who as owner of the club I felt should have been more proactive in funding the actual team on the park when it was required. I don't apologise for it.

But … That doesn't mean I cant appreciate his value to Hibs in the grand scheme of things which can only be described as immeasurable. Even without him Hibs would still be here of that I have no doubt, too many folk love this club for that not to have happened. But would it have been the Hibs we see today? of that I seriously have my doubts and that is his real legacy.

No football club can exist solely based on heroes and legends on the park, they all need off field heroes and this man is just that a true Hibs hero, a true Hibs legend …. naming the main stand the STF stand is such a no brainer it doesn't even require discussion … get it done now.

Thank you Sir Tom :not worth

One Day Soon
02-07-2019, 10:34 AM

That makes me quite emotional. Perhaps the most profound and important post I've ever read on .net.

hibeerealist
02-07-2019, 10:37 AM
West stand - STF stand and a statue of STF alongside one of the FF, that would make a fine frontage to our home!

penihibs
02-07-2019, 10:38 AM
Thanks Sir for saving us back in the day.
Good luck for the future.

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-07-2019, 10:43 AM

This...

jeffers
02-07-2019, 10:43 AM
As much a legend as the guys who won the cup. I hate to think what would have happened to our club if it hadn’t been for him.

Bad Martini
02-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Nothing more to add beyond what has been said already though I certainly add a big +1 to that. Naming a stand in honour of the man would be a gesture and one that would be well deserved; you can also bet the fact we are now debt free via this deal come down to the man directly or indirectly. I for one thank Sir Tom Farmer for all he has done and put in. You can bet he doesn't leave with anything like what he invested and that type of ownership is hard to find these days.

STF :aok:

One Day Soon
02-07-2019, 10:50 AM
I'd really, really like a silhouette image of the cup winning starting eleven with a twelfth man very close to that group and just to one side in the shape of Sir Tom - on display inside each stand somewhere.

If it was done properly it would make an iconic image, a great tribute and something to stir the spirit every time you saw it..

Springbank
02-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Sir Tom has been a true gentleman, any time that I have met him.

A captain of industry who was entirely up-front that he wanted to save Hibs for the community, for the people, but not someone looking to be a sugar-daddy, an ego, a long-term harmful Romanov or Murray.

He has been true to himself and true to his word throughout, even in the tough times, and the legacy of 2 league cup wins, as the warm-up act for The Big One, the Scottish Cup, at last, in 2016 (beating Hearts & Rangers & the cup holders all along the way) is one of the greatest sporting stories of all time.

Thanks Sir Tom, and all the best away from the spotlight.

:flag:

Fergos
02-07-2019, 10:55 AM
Sir Tom Farmers time at ER is remarkable enough, to do what he has in the football era in which we live, an era of £ oriented unscrupulous owners and it really puts into perspective how lucky we have been to have him at the helm.

Lucky enough to meet him one Sunday afternoon whilst working in a record shop in Edinburgh, he was in looking for some Folk albums, got him what he wanted and recommend a few whilst thanking him for what he had done for us. He Thanked me for my support. Still got his signature somewhere. To name a stand would be fitting.

Onwards and upwards. Glory Glory to the Hibees.

ads913
02-07-2019, 10:59 AM
I Just got the email regarding Hibs and immediately thought of Sir Tom and putting thread up about him.Its good to see someone beat me to it.What can i say thats not already been said the guys a legend and saved Hibs more than once. i had the pleasure of him calling me up about my son after sending a letter about a job and hes is real gentleman and explained his situation which he never needed to do but he took the time and this resonated with me and how he cares about the community . As a Hibs Fan i wish to thank him for saving the club and being supportive for all these years. Statue please

Hibrandenburg
02-07-2019, 11:19 AM
Thank you Sir Tom. I'm surprised at how emotional this news has made me. Your leadership of the club I love will rightly elevate you to legendary status, we should now ensure that measure are taken to ensure this legacy can be remembered and honoured by generations of Hibbies to come.

GreenCastle
02-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Thought his son was Hibs daft and was going to take over..

Maybe in future ?!

matty_f
02-07-2019, 11:22 AM
STF took flak from some folk at a level that was completely undeserved.

Look at the club we have now compared to the one he took over, and o don't see any way anyone could say we are not in a massively improved position.

He's bright security and stability to the club, bailed us out when needed and set the tone for us to be self-sustaining.

Thank you, Sir Tom.

WhileTheChief..
02-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Hasn't he said on numerous occasions that he doesn't want his name on a stand?

He doesn't need it anyways. He will never be forgotten by the Hibs community.

Massive thank you from me Sir Tom - i never once complained about your ownership of the club :cb

hibee-boys
02-07-2019, 11:24 AM
First display this season should be STF related👍

Bostonhibby
02-07-2019, 11:26 AM
A genuinely pivotal figure in our club's history and should always be honoured as such.

Hoping his business nous is right on this one big deal for his legacy to roll on.

Exciting times ahead.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

sauzee=legend
02-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Sir Tom Farmer stand or Sir Tom Farmer training ground.
Scary thought what would/could have happened without him..

Thank you STF

JeMeSouviens
02-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Wee clip of STF speaking this morning:

https://twitter.com/HFCTalk/status/1146021857474297856

Sammy7nil
02-07-2019, 12:00 PM

Yip get it done asap while he is still around to see it.

Since452
02-07-2019, 12:02 PM
Is it just me whos feeling pretty emotional at work? Thank you Sir Tom Farmer for everything you've done for our club

AltheHibby
02-07-2019, 12:09 PM
Is it just me whos feeling pretty emotional at work? Thank you Sir Tom Farmer for everything you've done for our club

Not just you. It's like 21/5/16 all over again for me.

Thank you Sir Tom and Rod for leaving us in such a good place.

mjhibby
02-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Stf is a businessman but who always has been a leither. He saved the club after being asked to and duly did. I've never agreed with his politics but as for what he has done it is incalculable. Remember it's not his fault we were relegated but like many times in our history we have had bad times and bounced back. Anybody who has only started watchingus since we were relegated have seen a staggering transformation of the club which has culminated in being in the fantastic position we are now in financially. We have the best chief executive in Scotland and I feel a tremendous manager. Plus our own training centre plus debt free plus an extra 500,00 we would have still be paying now available for players.
We owe stf huge debt for what he has done and may 21 three years ago made the debt all the more visible. My mum met him twice at Lourdes and even pushed her wheelchair for a while. An outstanding achiever in business,an outstanding custodian of Hibernian and a wonderful guy to boot. Some guy and doesn't get the recognition by the wider Scottish community he deserves. Thankfully he's a humble man and isn't interested in that side. We owe you so much sir Tom. Hopefully we he can enjoy just watching Hibs now and let's give him a season to remember.

James70
02-07-2019, 12:27 PM
Thank you Sir Tom for everything. Not many miserable faces around Leith nowadays!

hfc rd
02-07-2019, 12:37 PM
Thank you for everything you have done for this club Sir Tom.

If it wasn’t for you, this club would have died.

Forever grateful

Phil MaGlass
02-07-2019, 02:57 PM
The guy saved my club and has done a sterling job looking after it, my hero.
I will be having a wee dram once I finish work tonight, to toast the guy.

Quite remarkable the effect he has on us, I´m a wee bit choked, jeees, I was a bit teary when Hibs announced they would be having the community on their shirts this year and now this, will yis stop bloody doin this tae me Hibs.:fuming:

02-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Can we perhaps organize something for him for the opening home game of the season? A display or something more official on the pitch before KO? This man deserves it, probably more than anyone in our history to be quite honest. Without him Hibernian FC quite likely could have ceased to exist.

truehibernian
02-07-2019, 08:15 PM
STF took flak from some folk at a level that was completely undeserved.

Look at the club we have now compared to the one he took over, and o don't see any way anyone could say we are not in a massively improved position.

He's bright security and stability to the club, bailed us out when needed and set the tone for us to be self-sustaining.

Thank you, Sir Tom.

I see Simon Pia is already laying his lazy ill informed boot in to Sir Tom on social media - the man's a disgrace and should be utterly ashamed of himself :aok:

marinello59
02-07-2019, 08:24 PM
I see Simon Pia is already laying his lazy ill informed boot in to Sir Tom on social media - the man's a disgrace and should be utterly ashamed of himself :aok:

To be fair he is entitled to his opinion. He is a total **** though.

truehibernian
02-07-2019, 08:29 PM
To be fair he is entitled to his opinion. He is a total **** though.

He's absolutely entitled to an opinion, just not spinning lies about STF marinello - which he and others have done continually for the last few years.

Glass half full
02-07-2019, 08:33 PM
I remember the Evening News being brandished bh Jambos with the headlines about the takeover. Looked grim for a bit. Put his own money in for good of community and ensures such nonsense wouldn't happen again.

Over the decades we've slowly built and have a good solid base - training ground, stadium, season numbers, average gate - is there for new owner to take us forward.

We're signing players on longish term contracts.

Good, solid, consistent from STF. Thanks should be from all especially those that remember grimmer times.

DarlingtonHibee
02-07-2019, 08:34 PM

Him and Kano are a disgrace.

Like to know how much money they have invested in the club.

marinello59
02-07-2019, 08:34 PM
He's absolutely entitled to an opinion, just not spinning lies about STF marinello - which he and others have done continually for the last few years.

I agree. It was typical of the man that he couldn’t make his point on Twitter without pointing out how clever he was to see what others couldn’t.

weecounty hibby
02-07-2019, 08:37 PM
In years to come who will be remembered for what. STF, royal knighthood, Papal knighthood, saved football club for the community, made millions of £££ and employed quite a big number of people, charity work, community work etc. SP, wrote ***** for years in newspapers, helped drive the Labour party to their worst election results ever and erm that's about it. Oh aye, let's not forget spreading malicious lies about the aforementioned STF

DarlingtonHibee
02-07-2019, 08:41 PM
In years to come who will be remembered for what. STF, royal knighthood, Papal knighthood, saved football club for the community, made millions of £££ and employed quite a big number of people, charity work, community work etc. SP, wrote ***** for years in newspapers, helped drive the Labour party to their worst election results ever and erm that's about it. Oh aye, let's not forget spreading malicious lies about the aforementioned STF

He should be ashamed of himself, not part of the Hibernian family.

Stuart93
02-07-2019, 08:46 PM
You’d think they’d just let it go now and concentrate on backing the new guy but they need something to moan about

Give it a few months and the new owner will be up to this and that no doubt, very tiresome especially coming from “supporters”

truehibernian
02-07-2019, 08:48 PM

Least said about Paul Kane the better in my opinion :aok: I agree mate :agree:

green day
02-07-2019, 08:53 PM

Simon Pia has been a prick since before he taught me 30+ years ago.

His hard-on for Farmer should be embarrassing for him and his "buy Hibs" pals.

Let's hope STF departure means him and Kano shut up for a year or two.

truehibernian
02-07-2019, 09:01 PM
Simon Pia has been a prick since before he taught me 30+ years ago.

His hard-on for Farmer should be embarrassing for him and his "buy Hibs" pals.

Let's hope STF departure means him and Kano shut up for a year or two.

Do the CCS have that kind of finance these days green day :greengrin:cb maybe he has shares in Stone Island or these Ponzi schemes he keeps banging on about :greengrin

DarlingtonHibee
02-07-2019, 09:06 PM
Least said about Paul Kane the better in my opinion :aok: I agree mate :agree:

Shame really, great assist at tynie for archie