01-07-2019, 08:32 PM
Signs a one year deal with Southend

Souter96Mac
01-07-2019, 08:34 PM
Signs a one year deal with Southend

Good luck to him! We probably had him about a year or two too late. Good pro

Sir David Gray
01-07-2019, 08:42 PM
He'll walk it down there. I went to Southend's game v Sunderland last season and they were dreadful.

Probably about Scottish Championship standard.

Smartie
01-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Good luck Mark.

Did someone say Wimpy?

yonder1875
01-07-2019, 08:43 PM
He'll walk it down there. I went to Southend's game v Sunderland last season and they were dreadful.

Was at a Charlton game last season and came to the conclusion that my ban would score a hat trick every game in that pub league.

tamig
01-07-2019, 11:48 PM
Was at a Charlton game last season and came to the conclusion that my ban would score a hat trick every game in that pub league.

Aye. The pub league that if you spend millions on to try and get yourself out of it, you sometimes just can’t quite make it. What a load of sanctimonious and disrespectful pish. And all the best to MM. 👍

Forza Fred
02-07-2019, 12:28 AM

Reading the official Southend press release, there is mention that after Mark finishes playing, ‘the intention’ is that he will slot into a coaching role there, either with the Academy or with the first team.

Long term and football are statements that do not necessarily go together though...so we shall see.

I thought Mark, other than poor gamesagainst Kilmarnockand Celtic , played well for us, and was a dedicated professional.

He is also a good guy.

I wish him well, and no doubt his family will appreciate the Southend beach!

The 90+2
02-07-2019, 12:56 AM
Reading the official Southend press release, there is mention that after Mark finishes playing, ‘the intention’ is that he will slot into a coaching role there, either with the Academy or with the first team.

Long term and football are statements that do not necessarily go together though...so we shall see.

I thought Mark, other than poor gamesagainst Kilmarnockand Celtic , played well for us, and was a dedicated professional.

He is also a good guy.

I hope it goes really well for him. Sounds like a good move.

BILLYHIBS
02-07-2019, 04:49 AM

He is also a good guy.

Agree probably came to HIBS 5-7 years too late but IIRC he was being linked to EPL clubs back then?

Since452
02-07-2019, 05:31 AM

Sunday league level at best imo

hibee316
02-07-2019, 05:53 AM

Do you actually believe that?

We always get our knickers in a twist up here when people slag our football off with absurd claims.

And to say that league is Sunday league level is definitely absurd!

nellio
02-07-2019, 08:46 AM

Leauge one Sunday league level? Have a word with yourself. I would say most of league one are on a par if not better than the bottom 6 in Scotland.

Barman Stanton
02-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Leauge one Sunday league level? Have a word with yourself. I would say most of league one are on a par if not better than the bottom 6 in Scotland.

I think some are missing the sarcasm here. Clearly a play on what the English say about Scottish football on any story online.

Allant1981
02-07-2019, 08:59 AM

No they arent, the standard is not great in league 1, English football is far to hyped up due to the money available

Smartie
02-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Has nobody on here ever seen Hamilton Accies play?

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Has nobody on here ever seen Hamilton Accies play?

When they put us down?