PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the best strip on bbc Scotland site

Hibby Gav
29-06-2019, 07:20 PM
You know what to do...... we only have 10% of the vote !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48712444

Sir David Gray
29-06-2019, 07:26 PM
What's happened to Hamilton, Livingston and Kilmarnock?

29-06-2019, 07:43 PM
Strange poll. Surely most people will just vote for their team regardless of what they think of the strip.

Moulin Yarns
29-06-2019, 08:59 PM
Strange poll. Surely most people will just vote for their team regardless of what they think of the strip.

It's a strange poll but so is the thing about 'famous' football anthems

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p078tr9w

Since90+2
29-06-2019, 09:06 PM

I think football anthems have abit more of a crossover appeal with supports.

Most fans in Scotland ain't Hibs fans but most would probably admit Sunshine on Leith is a fantastic anthem.

Onceinawhile
29-06-2019, 09:07 PM

T. H. I. S. T. L. E is possibly the greatest cover of any song ever. It's fricking awesome.

All those were on a view from the terrace if you didn't catch it? Highly recommended.

brianmc
29-06-2019, 09:14 PM
I voted for the rangers.

Who has everyone else gone for??

MacGruber
29-06-2019, 09:23 PM

I say this objectively and without bias - it is pretty clear the Hibs home top is by far the best and Hearts home top by far the worst 😅

Actually first time I've seen Aberdeen's away top - that would get my vote, gold and black is smart and different though understand it splits opinion. Motherwell away top also smart. Hibs and Hearts home tops are both good, prefer the Hibs one with more detail. I'm back and forward on our purple pin stripe away top.

Special mention for the Hearts away top which is awful - cheap looking training type top

hibeejeebies
29-06-2019, 09:32 PM
Utterly redundant poll as Hibs boast the most beautiful strip in world football, let alone the SPL.

theonlywayisup
29-06-2019, 09:49 PM
We should really have a caption competition for the Hertz picture.

Don't know if the link below will work, but sure someone will able to correct it, if wrong.

https://www.riddle.com/imageservice/q_80,f_auto,c_fill,w_809,h_455/mkw7klyhuvplotmjgb7i

Berra is obviously proud of his tackle, but Clare is obviously reminding him of the recent one by Darren McGregor.

StevieC
29-06-2019, 09:52 PM
It’s not on the list, but I think the ICT strip is a cracker.

heretoday
29-06-2019, 09:56 PM
It's between us and Hearts.

lord bunberry
29-06-2019, 10:48 PM
I voted for the rangers.

Who has everyone else gone for??
I voted for Ross County by mistake.

CMac1988
29-06-2019, 11:16 PM
Taking the specs off for a minute then the Motherwell away top. Simple, smart and effective.

Interesting that Hibs and Ross County use the new macron logo but At Johnstone are using the old one... Old template?

NAE NOOKIE
30-06-2019, 12:04 AM
Utterly redundant poll as Hibs boast the most beautiful strip in world football, let alone the SPL.

Have to agree and its not even bias … the Hibs strip seriously is one of the best out there when its kept simple and the white sleeves are kept off the shoulders. This years version is OK but we have had far better.

The Hearts have made the mistake they always make … maroon can actually be a nice colour ( there I said it :greengrin ) but time after time the shade they use is either wishy washy or the strip is made out of shiny material and utterly spoils what could be a decent top … it looks like this year is no different :aok:

As for the Celtic strip ….. I'm absolutely delighted to say its totally honking :faf:

cabbageandribs1875
30-06-2019, 12:38 AM
wtf is that aberdeen away one all about, it's like an outfit from a 70's disco

worcesterhibby
30-06-2019, 07:08 AM
St mirren and Motherwell for me...other than Hibs obviously

Marvellous
30-06-2019, 07:37 AM
Not a fan of our home kit at all, if we had control over the sponsor I don't know why it needs to be so big and uneasy on the eye. Slip up there IMO.

Nicest one there is Newco.

Bangkok Hibby
30-06-2019, 09:07 AM
I didn't vote but Motherwell away and St Johnstone home I like. Already bought Hibs home and love the away so will get it as soon as available.

hibstag
30-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Taking the specs off for a minute then the Motherwell away top. Simple, smart and effective.

Interesting that Hibs and Ross County use the new macron logo but At Johnstone are using the old one... Old template?

The away looks similar meck to our black one

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-06-2019, 09:47 AM
The Motherwell away kit has a good touch of retro about it. Not sure about that Hearts pic. Looks like if the camera pulled back a bit, they would only be wearing the tops.

Moulin Yarns
30-06-2019, 10:05 AM
I think football anthems have abit more of a crossover appeal with supports.

Most fans in Scotland ain't Hibs fans but most would probably admit Sunshine on Leith is a fantastic anthem.

Which isn't even in the link I mentioned.

Keith_M
30-06-2019, 10:11 AM
I preferred last year's home top, though I realise some people* didn't like it.

* i.e. miserable sods