PDA

View Full Version : Allan says he wasn't treated professionally at Celtc

1van Sprou7e
29-06-2019, 10:59 AM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4423771/scott-allan-takes-parting-shot-at-celtic-as-hibs-ace-says-he-wasnt-treated-professionally/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1561757652

Smartie
29-06-2019, 11:40 AM
The photo halfway down that article is a thing of beauty - a devastated Andy Halliday in the foreground, seething huns in the background and Scott Allan celebrating in a Hibs shirt in the middle.

YETI1875
29-06-2019, 12:42 PM
The photo halfway down that article is a thing of beauty - a devastated Andy Halliday in the foreground, seething huns in the background and Scott Allan celebrating in a Hibs shirt in the middle.

😂

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Don't really feel sorry for him. He didn't think twice about forcing his way out of Hibs first time but didn't bother in 4 years at Celtic. Glad he's back but he's not a victim here.

Betty Boop
29-06-2019, 01:16 PM
Don't really feel sorry for him. He didn't think twice about forcing his way out of Hibs first time but didn't bother in 4 years at Celtic. Glad he's back but he's not a victim here.
Couldn't agree more. Naebody forced him to sign for them.

The Spaceman
29-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Sold him to them for £££,£££, get him back for 1 of 4 seasons, and get him back permanently for a free at the peak of his career, thanks Celtic :aok:

Their staggering arrogance in the McGinn saga still infuriates me. Thank god we sold him to Aston Villa, for his sake and ours.

Since452
29-06-2019, 01:30 PM
Sold him to them for £££,£££, get him back for 1 of 4 seasons, and get him back permanently for a free at the peak of his career, thanks Celtic :aok:

Their staggering arrogance in the McGinn saga still infuriates me. Thank god we sold him to Aston Villa, for his sake and ours.

I'd be happy if we never did business with that arrogant mob again

1van Sprou7e
29-06-2019, 01:37 PM
I'd be happy if we never did business with that arrogant mob again

We probably wouldn't have won the cup if we hadn't done business with them

Bishop Hibee
29-06-2019, 01:40 PM
I can’t stand Celtc either Scott. I’m sure the 8K a week made the inconveniences bearable though. Best way to get back at them is for him to have a great season on the park.

SideBurns
29-06-2019, 01:41 PM

There's no 'probably' about it. I'd happily do business with the Huns & Jambos too if they wanted to give us good players!

In fact, I recall we took The Rangers player of the year in 2015. That hasn't worked out too badly...

MWHIBBIES
29-06-2019, 01:51 PM

Or we might have won both and got promoted, impossible to know.

iwasthere1972
29-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Such a waste of a talent for all those months when he didn't get any game time. It's a short career being a footballer and although he was on a decent wage at Celtic it's no substitute for getting out their and enjoying yourself.

Fingers crossed that he can pick up from where he left off when he was last with us.

Pretty Boy
29-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Scott Allan appears to have a bit of arrogance about him; that's hardly a unique trait in talented football players. I'm almost certain when he signed for Celtic he 100% believed he was good enough to force his way into their 1st team. He'd tried down south and for various reasons it didn't work out, some of the fault was allegedly his. He had a good season at Hibs and 2 bigger clubs (like it or not it's true) wanted him and he made his choice to leave. Hibs done well out of that deal; we received money and borrowed Liam Henderson for a year, it smoothed the way for McGeough to return to us permanently and probably helped in bringing in the likes of Stokes and Ambrose further down the line.

Reading the article if what he claims is true it does seem as though a few players were treated a bit shabbily by Celtic. I take no pleasure in that happening to Allan regardless of how he left us. We all do and say daft things when we are younger and it seems Allan has now realised he is wanted at Hibs, thrives at Hibs and is in the best place to play football in what should be the peak years of his career.

I hope he is such a success that we are in the position of other clubs taking interest again in the future. For now though I'll just enjoy him being back at Hibs. He's the kind of player I love to watch and we'll be a better team for having him with us.

BILLYHIBS
29-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Scott Allan appears to have a bit of arrogance about him; that's hardly a unique trait in talented football players. I'm almost certain when he signed for Celtic he 100% believed he was good enough to force his way into their 1st team. He'd tried down south and for various reasons it didn't work out, some of the fault was allegedly his. He had a good season at Hibs and 2 bigger clubs (like it or not it's true) wanted him and he made his choice to leave. Hibs done well out of that deal; we received money and borrowed Liam Henderson for a year, it smoothed the way for McGeough to return to us permanently and probably helped in bringing in the likes of Stokes and Ambrose further down the line.

Reading the article if what he claims is true it does seem as though a few players were treated a bit shabbily by Celtic. I take no pleasure in that happening to Allan regardless of how he left us. We all do and say daft things when we are younger and it seems Allan has now realised he is wanted at Hibs, thrives at Hibs and is in the best place to play football in what should be the peak years of his career.

I hope he is such a success that we are in the position of other clubs taking interest again in the future. For now though I'll just enjoy him being back at Hibs. He's the kind of player I love to watch and we'll be a better team for having him with us.
Spot on!

Onion
29-06-2019, 02:01 PM

Which you can imagine Celtic throwing at Hibs during the SJM debacle and the SA negs in Jan. Small-minded and petty behaviour by Celtic on both occasions.

SA has played so little football in his career, he’ll play til he’s 45!

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2019, 02:27 PM

100% Correct.

Allant1981
29-06-2019, 02:43 PM

Even though he came back on loan and wanted a permanent transfer back, so he did bother

brianmc
29-06-2019, 09:22 PM
Hands up!
Is there anyone on here that would agree to not work for the next 4 years if they were offered somewhere in the region of £600,000.00 to to so?

*I don't think Scott would've chosen to be frozen out , but once he realised the circumstances he rightly took the wage he was due.

AZhibee
29-06-2019, 09:30 PM
I feel the really sad point is that Celtic effectively paid money to keep a talented player off of competitors squads. It is part of the game but not a productive one.