PDA

View Full Version : Random question regarding seating at Easter Road

Steven79
28-06-2019, 03:41 PM
Why do none of the stands have a row I or O (according to the seating plan online) ?

PH91
28-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Why do none of the stands have a row I or O (according to the seating plan online) ?

Easy to be mixed up with 1 and 0 would be my guess.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2019, 04:01 PM
If your in the West Upper you mostly have to guess,ask or work out the rows if you’re not a regular anyway, a shambles having so many missing row letters for years.

DarlingtonHibee
28-06-2019, 04:11 PM
Thinking of bringing a friend of mine for the Motherwell game in November.

He is bad on his feet, can you book the executive seats in the West stand?

Renfrew_Hibby
28-06-2019, 04:12 PM

Common practice with seating plans. Avoids confusion.

speedy_gonzales
28-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Easy to be mixed up with 1 and 0 would be my guess.

Yup, pretty sure cinemas/theatres are the same.

Billy Whizz
28-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Thinking of bringing a friend of mine for the Motherwell game in November.

He is bad on his feet, can you book the executive seats in the West stand?

You can book the padded ones in the lower, just behind the dug outs

DarlingtonHibee
28-06-2019, 05:28 PM
You can book the padded ones in the lower, just behind the dug outs

Cheers Billy

Billy Whizz
28-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Cheers Billy

Will cost you though😄

Ringothedog
28-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Will cost you though😄

Do we not charge for all our seats😎

Billy Whizz
28-06-2019, 05:36 PM
Do we not charge for all our seats😎

Ha ha, pay a wee bit extra for the padded ones, though might be worth it in November

DarlingtonHibee
28-06-2019, 06:51 PM
Will cost you though😄

No worries, going to a good cause

Keith_M
28-06-2019, 07:48 PM

Car registrations also miss out some letters, as they're too easily mistaken for numbers.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2019, 11:35 PM
Car registrations also miss out some letters, as they're too easily mistaken for numbers.

r standard plates, which are currently in the format 1ABC123, the letters I, O, and Q are not used for the first or third letter, because then they could be confused with numbers. There are also some 3-letter combinations that are not used because they could conceivably be considered offensive.

overdrive
29-06-2019, 08:48 AM
r standard plates, which are currently in the format 1ABC123, the letters I, O, and Q are not used for the first or third letter, because then they could be confused with numbers. There are also some 3-letter combinations that are not used because they could conceivably be considered offensive.

Yeah I thought you couldn’t get O at all in a reg plate until I got a new car last year with O in it. My stupid ex-wife got a parking ticket because she had typed a 0 instead of a O into the RingGo app.

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2019, 09:55 AM
Yeah I thought you couldn’t get O at all in a reg plate until I got a new car last year with O in it. My stupid ex-wife got a parking ticket because she had typed a 0 instead of a O into the RingGo app.

That’s a bit harsh, the traffic warden just being an erse. The warden in Brunswick Street didn’t give me a ticket last year when he realised I had used the wrong registration number on RingGo (I have two vehicles on it). When I returned he told me recognised the other reg but knew I had two so didn’t ticket me. Very decent of him.

overdrive
29-06-2019, 10:35 AM
That’s a bit harsh, the traffic warden just being an erse. The warden in Brunswick Street didn’t give me a ticket last year when he realised I had used the wrong registration number on RingGo (I have two vehicles on it). When I returned he told me recognised the other reg but knew I had two so didn’t ticket me. Very decent of him.

Normally, I’d agree (and she had been using RingGo with the typo in it for three months before she got pulled up on it) but in this case, the stupid bunt deserves everything she got. I’m actually amazed that she paid the fine without leaving it to me to get the reminder letter.

erin go bragh
29-06-2019, 01:04 PM

My van reg starts with oy,,, then it’s 02 🤔So your o bit is wrong 😜😁

Scouse Hibee
29-06-2019, 02:05 PM
My van reg starts with oy,,, then it’s 02 🤔So your o bit is wrong 😜😁

It’s not me that is wrong, I got it from DVLA site

h18eeynick
29-06-2019, 08:42 PM
It’s not me that is wrong, I got it from DVLA site

My registration plate is H18 EEY but I just pretend the 1 is an I !!!