PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Football should be proud of sectarianism efforts

Saturday Boy
27-06-2019, 12:23 PM
So says Doncaster in BBC interview.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48777876

Apologies, on my phone so you might have to copy and paste the link.

I really don’t know what to say.

Peevemor
27-06-2019, 12:26 PM

I didn't read it. Does it say that we should be proud of our efforts to be sectarian?

lord bunberry
27-06-2019, 12:28 PM
I didn't read it. Does it say that we should be proud of our efforts to be sectarian?
That would be more believable.

LancashireHibby
27-06-2019, 12:42 PM
World leaders in the field.

Smartie
27-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Some of us have said in the past that we need people to talk our game up a bit more, but having him slaver delusional nonsense is not necessarily what any of us had in mind.

Ryan91
27-06-2019, 12:53 PM

Said that we should be proud of efforts to stop it.

Because burying your head in the sand is something to be proud of

jeffers
27-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Watched him on tv last. The guys a clown and too scared to jeopardise his nice cosy job by calling out the Old Firm for their sectarian bile.

Sylar
27-06-2019, 12:58 PM
Aye, really proud: last year it was so bad, we had two top 6 managers speak out about it and another player that was subject to it in quite a high profile game.

We've done a ****ing stand-up job tackling it.

Tynie01011973
27-06-2019, 12:58 PM
So massively proud of our efforts to stop sectarian behaviour of fans, that SPFL shared their two year survey data with the Scottish Government ONLY on basis that the info was kept secret from the general public

neil7908
27-06-2019, 01:03 PM
Surprise, surprise no mention of what they've actually done.

One Day Soon
27-06-2019, 01:20 PM

What an absolute clunge.

"Everyone is actually extremely aligned in terms of the need to address unacceptable conduct" - Go **** yourself you enabling ********. One week after Humza Yousaf says more needs to be done.

And well done Liam McArthur MSP for calling out the ludicrous fact that data on sectarianism is being kept secret.

hibsbollah
27-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Beyond parody really. The game really needs revolution and guillotines to get rid of these idiots.

Bostonhibby
27-06-2019, 01:55 PM
Wow, has he been partying with Roger Mitchell?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

27-06-2019, 04:38 PM

I know what to say..... Doncaster you're an Ar$e!
Maybe if he extracted his head from up the back sides of Glasgow's ugly sisters he'd hear the sectarian bile that gets song at their matches.

Moulin Yarns
27-06-2019, 04:41 PM
Maybe if he extracted his head from up the back sides of Glasgow's ugly sisters he'd hear the sectarian bile that gets song at their matches.

I suggest he wears a green jumper in the broomloan road stand at the next derby.

Zazu62
27-06-2019, 04:42 PM
How can u stop 40k Huns signing sectarian songs?

JimBHibees
27-06-2019, 04:44 PM

Bottom line is he is merely parroting what the clubs want him to say. Too many spineless clubs including ours too happy with the status quo. Shameful in this day and age. Moral cowardice

marinello59
27-06-2019, 04:45 PM

Score a winner in the 92nd minute. :greengrin

jax67
27-06-2019, 04:46 PM

Where’s the peeing myself laughing with tears teeming down my face emoji, when you need one.

Zazu62
27-06-2019, 04:46 PM

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Frazerbob
27-06-2019, 04:55 PM

10/10

The Modfather
27-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Am I right in thinking it is the clubs that effectively employ the Chief Executive of the SPL. Can the fans reps get feedback on what it is Hibs see in Neil Doncaster and his abject failure that we the fans don’t see?

Kato
27-06-2019, 05:22 PM

:greengrin

NASAHIBS
27-06-2019, 05:25 PM

🤣🤣Top answer🤣🤣

jax67
27-06-2019, 05:27 PM

Love it!!😂

green.oracle
27-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Was this a serious statement?

Take points of them for one. Make them play behind closed doors is another.

Until something tangible is done it will continue as per usual.

Don't hold your breath though.

Doncaster along with regan should have been sacked back in 2012 re there stance on the old rangers.

Marvellous
27-06-2019, 05:36 PM
What an embarrassing buffoon of a man.

One Day Soon
27-06-2019, 05:36 PM

By arresting, charging and convicting 20 or 30 of them at every game week after week followed by lengthy or lifetime bans from attending matches. I think it would stop in one season as they started to realise any one of them could be next. Zero tolerance.

Of course police, football authorities and Scottish Government would actually have to have zero tolerance for that to work. They don't, otherwise we'd see policy and practice to evidence it.

Baldy Foghorn
27-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Staggering for him to say we should be proud. Really quite unbelievable. Lunatics running the asylum

The 90+2
27-06-2019, 05:41 PM

Amazing!!

Sir David Gray
27-06-2019, 06:21 PM

:faf:

Ozyhibby
27-06-2019, 06:35 PM
We get the football administrators we deserve in this country. He’s been useless since the day he was appointed but we just ignore most of the time so I think he will be here for some time yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyeSloan
27-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Interesting he never actually addresses the specific sectarian issue. He rolls it up into a general ‘unacceptable behaviour’.

Typical head in the sand response from those at the top of Scottish football around the subject of sectarianism in the game.

Eyrie
27-06-2019, 07:43 PM
:not worth

Keith_M
27-06-2019, 07:48 PM
"We've seen several high-profile incidents that took place last season," Doncaster said. "Clearly that has given a profile to unacceptable conduct, but I think the broad picture is of a game in really good health. "

Aw that's a cracker, Neil.

Tell us another joke, you're on fire today

Keith_M
27-06-2019, 07:50 PM

I notice your location says 'Jupiter', but I could think of another planet you're wedged right up

BILLYHIBS
27-06-2019, 08:13 PM
$64000 question!

Ozyhibby
27-06-2019, 08:17 PM
Mass chanting = strict liability
Individual idiocy = Criminal justice problem.

The 90+2
27-06-2019, 08:18 PM
Community service orders should be given to anyone caught singing them and they should be sent to the stadium the offence occurred and made to clean the stand/fix seats the next time the mob comes calling.

The 90+2
27-06-2019, 08:19 PM
$64000 question!

Blow the ****s up.

OxoHibby
27-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Mass chanting = strict liability
Individual idiocy = Criminal justice problem.

But thats not the case. Mass chanting = strict liability.
Individual lunacy = strict liability.

That's why clubs outside if the uglies don't want it

BILLYHIBS
27-06-2019, 08:30 PM
Blow the ****s up.

The winner was Marinello 59 with “score the winner in the 90+2 minute”

Keith_M
27-06-2019, 08:30 PM
Three Hearts Fans have been charged with singing sectarian songs on a train back to Edinburgh after the recent Cup Final.

Hearts do have a sectarianism problem among an element of their support, and I'm glad they're being punished, but it's miniscule compared to that of The Rangers and Celtic. So how come we hear so few reports of arrests among their supporters for sectarianism?

Hibernia&Alba
27-06-2019, 08:31 PM
Insulting to even say this nonsense, which everyone knows is just not true. It merely confirms that no serious action will be taken to eradicate the problem.

BILLYHIBS
27-06-2019, 08:33 PM
What gets me the uglies are in denial it is always everyone else never them but the whole of Scotland even the establishment knows it is them

The 90+2
27-06-2019, 08:34 PM
The winner was Marinello 59 with “score the winner in the 90+2 minute”

I know, always good to have a plan b though :greengrin

The 90+2
27-06-2019, 08:35 PM
What gets me the uglies are in denial it is always everyone else never them but the whole of Scotland even the establishment knows it is them

The biggest issue is they don’t there’s anything wrong with the songs and it’s conspiracy against them. Both clubs are built on bigotry and it’s a massive money spinner for them, it will never be encouraged at top level to change.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-06-2019, 08:43 PM

Well done M 😊

BILLYHIBS
27-06-2019, 08:45 PM
I know, always good to have a plan b though :greengrin

👍🏾

Greencore
27-06-2019, 08:47 PM

Points deduction.

pacorosssco
27-06-2019, 08:49 PM
Was this a serious statement?

Take points of them for one. Make them play behind closed doors is another.

Until something tangible is done it will continue as per usual.

Don't hold your breath though.

Doncaster along with regan should have been sacked back in 2012 re there stance on the old rangers.

In Holland they have a buzzer. It goes of if unacceptable sounds are being sung. If it goes three times game get stoped . It works. They stop after 2nd warning

pacorosssco
27-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Points deduction.

Yes stop game award win to opponent

pacorosssco
27-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Three Hearts Fans have been charged with singing sectarian songs on a train back to Edinburgh after the recent Cup Final.

Hearts do have a sectarianism problem among an element of their support, and I'm glad they're being punished, but it's miniscule compared to that of The Rangers and Celtic. So how come we hear so few reports of arrests among their supporters for sectarianism?

Correct. West coast media part of problem. Highlight other teams to take away from Rantic

GlesgaeHibby
27-06-2019, 09:00 PM
"We've seen several high-profile incidents that took place last season," Doncaster said. "Clearly that has given a profile to unacceptable conduct, but I think the broad picture is of a game in really good health. "

Aw that's a cracker, Neil.

Tell us another joke, you're on fire today

He's burying his head in the sand on the issue of sectarianism, but the point in bold is reasonable. We have record crowds through the gates each week in the Premiership, one of highest supported leagues per capita in Europe, high profile managers have helped raise profile of league to secure our best TV deal (although still think this could have been better had that donkey not been the one negotiating it).

Back to sectarianism - if those at the top of our game are going to continue to deny the problem, we'll never tackle it.

The 90+2
27-06-2019, 09:02 PM

After checking with Var, replays of the actions? Imagine the reactions. Would be brilliant telly.

pacorosssco
27-06-2019, 09:06 PM
After checking with Var, replays of the actions? Imagine the reactions. Would be brilliant telly.

They do it in Holland. Not sure who makes call think ref in stand.

weecounty hibby
27-06-2019, 09:40 PM
That statement is up there with Roger Mitchell's. And to be honest as an administrator of our game he is up there with Roger Mitchell. What a grade A fanny. If he wanted to make a breakthrough with sectarianism give a warning, then a fine, then a closed doors game and then points deduction. Even the staunchest Billy boy and the most dedicated terrorist sympathiser will eventually get the message if they did that. Never going to happen though as the two clubs who would be hit hardest are the two darlings of the SFA/SPFL and the media

O'Rourke3
27-06-2019, 09:44 PM
Completely effective. Down with this sort of thing/Careful now. Dick

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
28-06-2019, 05:20 AM
They do it in Holland. Not sure who makes call think ref in stand.

In Italy in the noughties they had Strict Liability where they closed Stadiums to stamp out racist and political singing and banners

UEFA still have a diluted form as we already know

bigwheel
28-06-2019, 05:38 AM
In Italy in the noughties they had Strict Liability where they closed Stadiums to stamp out racist and political singing and banners

UEFA still have a diluted form as we already know

It still a fertile environment for those sort of things - didn’t have a lasting impact , that’s for sure

I actually think these things are not about clubs and much more about social views - it’s like drink driving - 30 years ago - almost a jokey reaction from friends / peers - now , people would look at you as if you were an idiot ..somehow, we need to get to that stage on topics such as racism and sectarian chants ...

JimBHibees
28-06-2019, 05:42 AM

When UEFA started fining them the club started taking it seriously told fans to stop and hey presto it stopped. UEFA then decided this was a local issue and it has started again.

BILLYHIBS
28-06-2019, 05:52 AM
It still a fertile environment for those sort of things - didn’t have a lasting impact , that’s for sure

I actually think these things are not about clubs and much more about social views - it’s like drink driving - 30 years ago - almost a jokey reaction from friends / peers - now , people would look at you as if you were an idiot ..somehow, we need to get to that stage on topics such as racism and sectarian chants ...

Agree!

There is zero tolerance to drink driving and it should be the same to sectarianism and racism

highland hibbee
28-06-2019, 06:39 AM

Brilliant

BILLYHIBS
28-06-2019, 06:48 AM

:agree:

:top marks

Post of the year so far

Eyrie
28-06-2019, 09:51 AM

Because it's easier to arrest three bigots on a train than it is to arrest 40k in either stadium.

Deansy
28-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Just another statement from a clown who's defied nature by finding paid employment !

Keith_M
28-06-2019, 12:07 PM
I have an instant solution that would immediately stop at least 95% of sectarian incidents in scottish football at a stroke.

Shut down The Rangers and Celtc.

WhileTheChief..
28-06-2019, 01:02 PM
People should be able to sing about whatever they like.

Freedom of expression and all that!

hibsbollah
28-06-2019, 01:05 PM

Like the 70s? Ain't no black in the union jack, you're just a town full of pakis, that sort of thing? :rolleyes:

WhileTheChief..
28-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Just like it’s now socially unacceptable to drink and drive, I doubt what you’re suggesting would happen at all.

Get a grip.

The Modfather
28-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Just like it’s now socially unacceptable to drink and drive, I doubt what you’re suggesting would happen at all.

Get a grip.

What about, as an example, the high profile racist abuse the England players took in Montenegro a few months ago. Are you saying that’s ok because it’s freedom of expression?

bigwheel
28-06-2019, 08:41 PM
What about, as an example, the high profile racist abuse the England players took in Montenegro a few months ago. Are you saying that’s ok because it’s freedom of expression?

no, they are racist pricks...but anyone who heard them thinks that - do you think they come out of it well? For me, I don't get bothered by songs and name calling - if you sing a bigoted or racist chant - you are a bigot or a racist - simple as that ...

poolman
28-06-2019, 08:57 PM

Didn't listen to link but in what way should we be proud did he say 🙃

Keith_M
29-06-2019, 11:00 AM

How about, in the spirit of freedom of expression, we all now post what we think about you.

Keith_M
29-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Didn't listen to link but in what way should we be proud did he say 🙃

Of how successfully they'd swept it all under the carpet to appease their masters at Celtc Pak and Ipox.

hibsbollah
29-06-2019, 11:04 AM

Get a grip.

And why do you think racist singing is now socially unacceptable?

Because the generation involved did something about it. Which you are suggesting we don't.

Get a grip yourself.

WhileTheChief..
29-06-2019, 11:10 AM
You really think there’s thousands of Hibs fans wanting to sign racist chants? The only thing stopping them is the law?

I’d suggest that’s it’s more to do with plain old common decency.

WhileTheChief..
29-06-2019, 11:11 AM
How about, in the spirit of freedom of expression, we all now post what we think about you.

Absolutely, 100%, go for it.

You should be free to say anything at all within the rules of the forum.

CraigHibee
29-06-2019, 11:28 AM

Embarrassing, nothing "proud" about listening to the bigotry from the ugly sisters and some elements of our maroon bafoon neighbours at times, not enough being done imo

hibsbollah
29-06-2019, 11:47 AM
You really think there’s thousands of Hibs fans wanting to sign racist chants? The only thing stopping them is the law?

Oh tremendous, distraction and straw men instead of making your case properly. I didn't say that and you know I didn't.

Let's get back to your post. You think we should let everyone sing what they want, no matter how offensive, because of freedom of expression. I'm fairly confident you are in the minority there, and more importantly the law disagrees with you as well. The law is clear but is not enforced in Scottish football grounds.

Greencore
29-06-2019, 12:19 PM

Nope, not at all. There would obviously have to be a review after the game, then after, the club should be docked points. They do it in Sweden with pitch invaders I believe.

What made you think about stopping the game? That's pretty f****** stupid.

Keith_M
29-06-2019, 02:24 PM

Except nobody said any such thing, but I'm sure you already know that.

People were commenting on your "freedom of expression" excuse for unacceptable conduct and it's logical conclusion.

Just a heads-up for you, the UK does not have a "Freedom Of Speech" law that overrides all other laws on abusive comments; sectarian, racist or otherwise.

Absolutely, 100%, go for it.

You should be free to say anything at all within the rules of the forum.

You do realise that totally contradicts your earlier argument?

Why should the rules of this forum restrict our "freedom of expression"?

:hmmm:

Pretty Boy
29-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Sectarianism is big business. It's not in Doncasters interests to tackle it at present.

He just looks daft quite obviously lying about the pride we should have in our 'efforts' to tackle it though.

WhileTheChief..
29-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Actually you’ve got a point, maybe the rules aren’t required.

I’m pretty sure that if someone came on spouting racist stuff they would quickly be shot down by everyone else.

My point is that it isn’t the laws or regulations at football grounds that prevent racism from the stands.

The Modfather
29-06-2019, 02:55 PM
Actually you’ve got a point, maybe the rules aren’t required.

I’m pretty sure that if someone came on spouting racist stuff they would quickly be shot down by everyone else.

My point is that it isn’t the laws or regulations at football grounds that prevent racism from the stands.

Are you saying it’s the self police inside football grounds that stops mass racism not the laws and regulations? If so why Isn’t that the case with sectarianism?

As someone else mentioned it is the lack of enforcement of the laws in relation to sectarianism that is the problem, that’s not the case with racism.

WhileTheChief..
29-06-2019, 03:01 PM
No, I just don’t think there’s that many racists in society!

The country has moved on from the 70s and pretty much everyone finds any form of racism abhorrent.

I don’t think that the law has anything to do with it.

Eyrie
29-06-2019, 06:29 PM
No, I just don’t think there’s that many racists in society!

The country has moved on from the 70s and pretty much everyone finds any form of racism abhorrent.

I don’t think that the law has anything to do with it.

So why haven't the supporters of two particular clubs moved on from sectarianism?

The answer is that it remains socially acceptable to be a bigot when supporting two football teams, so there is no peer pressure for them to stop in the way that there was for the casual racism of decades ago.

The law is there and needs to be enforced.

Is It On....
29-06-2019, 06:53 PM

Your phone probably has the lock on that stops access to offensive material.

Keith_M
29-06-2019, 07:27 PM
If anti-catholic, anti-irish chants were clamped down on, Rangers Fans would probably declare Scotland a "Protestant No Go Zone" and an abuse of their Freedom of Expression... or some such.

Much like the KKK have their lovely traditions and culture and should be allowed the Freedom Of Speech to abuse non-whites, what's the problem with singing songs mocking somebody else's religions and beliefs?

And if Celtc Fans want to sing songs praising some A-holes that murdered small children in Manchester, who are we to deprive them of their traditions and culture?

In fact, why not go to Ibrox and publicly mock a guy who's dying a hideous death from MS, laugh at the people that died in the Ibrox disaster, sing about a grieving widow and add in some songs about the IRA for good measure.... Oh wait, some Hibbies did that very thing just a few weeks ago.

I have no idea why anybody complains, it's all just a bit of banter. Where's the harm, chief?