PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2020 tickets

Mainstandman
27-06-2019, 07:56 AM
Went on to buy tickets for hampden next year, bit optimistic I know. Prices 50 euro behind the goal rising to 185 euro to sit in the north stand, Wtf!!!!!! No kids prices either.

Pub it it is then if we qualify.

bingo70
27-06-2019, 08:03 AM
Went on to buy tickets for hampden next year, bit optimistic I know. Prices 50 euro behind the goal rising to 185 euro to sit in the north stand, Wtf!!!!!! No kids prices either.

I can handle the price of the tickets, even if I don’t agree with them (probably as I’m unlikely to go)

What’s annoying me the now though is these adverts looking for volunteers, how much money will Uefa make out of this? If there are jobs that need doing, pay people to do them. UEFA aren’t a charity, why are they getting a free work force?

I’m sure someone will be along shortly with a reasonable answer but for now it’s annoying me.

Antifa Hibs
27-06-2019, 08:06 AM

I can handle the price of the tickets, even if I don’t agree with them (probably as I’m unlikely to go)

What’s annoying me the now though is these adverts looking for volunteers, how much money will Uefa make out of this? If there are jobs that need doing, pay people to do them. UEFA aren’t a charity, why are they getting a free work force?

I’m sure someone will be along shortly with a reasonable answer but for now it’s annoying me.

I'm surprised that you're surprised.

Robbing *******s and corrupt to the core.

Seekyit
27-06-2019, 01:27 PM
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/matches/#/dw/1185

If I'm reading this correctly, should Scotland qualify we'll automatically go into Group D with England (assuming they qualify). A draw would then be made to determine who gets the home game, Hampden or Wembley, so Scotland wouldn't necessarily get 3 group games at home.

Just sayin...

Hibbyradge
27-06-2019, 01:32 PM
I'm surprised that you're surprised.

Robbing *******s and corrupt to the core.

Golf tournaments do exactly the same.

Antifa Hibs
27-06-2019, 01:49 PM
Golf tournaments do exactly the same.

TBF I'm not overly fussed about the volunteer stuff. Plenty events will do it. No-ones forcing anyone to do it and those that do will get something out of it whether an enhanced CV or a freebie of sorts.

Prices are a joke though. The Open's £70 for an all day ticket which isn't bad value at all compared to £180 for a 90 minute match.

bod
27-06-2019, 02:09 PM

dublin & amsterdam are 50 euros for behind the goals aswell

Speedy
27-06-2019, 02:10 PM

Behind the goals seems a bargain compared with the North/South. Mental that they are so different when a usual game is only about a fiver different

bod
27-06-2019, 02:10 PM
https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro-2020/matches/#/dw/1185

If I'm reading this correctly, should Scotland qualify we'll automatically go into Group D with England (assuming they qualify). A draw would then be made to determine who gets the home game, Hampden or Wembley, so Scotland wouldn't necessarily get 3 group games at home.

Just sayin...

2 at home ,3rd 1 at wembley

Frazerbob
27-06-2019, 03:16 PM
Ticket prices are a disgrace. Seats in the North Stand that cost £30 for SSC members for the qualifiers against Belgium will be £130+ for what could turn out to be Hungary v Lithuania or similar. If you register your interest to buy and are successful in any ballot, you will be offered the option to buy the tickets before we know who is actually playing. If (and it's a big IF) Scotland qualify, the SFA will have around 7500 tickets to allocate to SSC members, presumably using the usual away game criteria. The England game would be home or away (decided on a draw/toss of the coin), the irony being we will get more tickets should it be at Wembley as, going on previous Euro Finals, the competing teams get 15% of the capacity each. Farce!

I'll be guaranteed tickets via the SSC should we qualify so haven't applied for Hampden tickets but have for the semis and final at Wembley.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2019, 03:47 PM
That’s totally unbelievable, how could anyone in their right mind even think of Scotland qualifying.

The 90+2
27-06-2019, 03:48 PM
That’s totally unbelievable, how could anyone in their right mind even think of Scotland qualifying.

They are 2 games away potentially home to Finland and Serbia.

£50 to watch Scotland in the Euros at home behind the goal possibly against England seems a bargain.

Frazerbob
27-06-2019, 04:07 PM
They are 2 games away potentially home to Finland and Serbia.

£50 to watch Scotland in the Euros at home behind the goal possibly against England seems a bargain.

Yes it is. £135 to watch Austria v Norway not so much. I fear Hampden will be half empty if we don't qualify.

Malthibby
27-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Had a look at the women's world cup semis in Lyon a week ago because I'll be over there; hardly any left & selling for £130 to £400.
I'll watch them in the local cafe.......
GG

Speedy
27-06-2019, 10:02 PM
Does anyone know what the fans first option for the final means?

I thought the idea behind 'fans first' was that by joining the ballot you get a 2nd stab if any are rejected but not quite following what it means for the final in particular.

Steve-O
28-06-2019, 03:09 AM
Prices for major tournaments are high, so I don't think these prices are necessarily that bad.

What is odd, to me at least, is the tickets being on sale now (or soon, whenever) before we even know if Scotland have qualified. If we do, I'd have a genuine interest in coming home for a holiday at the time the games were on.

But, no chance I'm buying a ticket on the off-chance we might qualify for once (I'd say it's more likely we won't, which is probably an obvious point to make)!

Is anyone going to buy these tickets for TBC vs TBC?!

Nakedmanoncrack
28-06-2019, 04:33 AM
Prices for major tournaments are high, so I don't think these prices are necessarily that bad.

What is odd, to me at least, is the tickets being on sale now (or soon, whenever) before we even know if Scotland have qualified. If we do, I'd have a genuine interest in coming home for a holiday at the time the games were on.

But, no chance I'm buying a ticket on the off-chance we might qualify for once (I'd say it's more likely we won't, which is probably an obvious point to make)!

Is anyone going to buy these tickets for TBC vs TBC?!

I'd expect them to be massively oversubscribed.