PDA

View Full Version : NHC Rafa Benitez

hfc rd
24-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Set to leave Newcastle Utd. Probably off to China.

The Geordies will not be happy. Talk of that mega Middle Eastern takeover has gone dead quiet and now they have lost their manager, that the fans loved, with pre-season just around the corner. Absolute huge mess!

StevesFamau5
24-06-2019, 12:31 PM
Think they are also potentially going to lose Almiron to Real Moneybags.

Not good for the Toon Army

Onceinawhile
24-06-2019, 12:58 PM

The Geordies will not be happy. Talk of that mega Middle Eastern takeover has gone dead quiet and now they have lost their manager, that the fans loved, with pre-season just around the corner. Absolute huge mess!

They should benefit their home friendlies and travel in large numbers to their away friendlies. Should probably give the home team double money as well.

That'd show the chairman.

gorgie greens
24-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Jim White tweeted earlier that Rafa off to Liverpool and Jurgen off to Barcelona,
some **** storm down in Liverpool if this comes off.

Michael
24-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Jim White tweeted earlier that Rafa off to Liverpool and Jurgen off to Barcelona,

No one's saying Klopp to Barca that I can see. Link to tweet?

Pretty Boy
24-06-2019, 01:17 PM
The Mike Ashley special. This was coming as soon as a restructuring of the youth system was announced at the weekend (something Benitez had demanded for years). There will be some bull**** about 'we tried to implement Rafa's plan but his mind was made up'.

The takeover talk will last until about 2 weeks before the season is due to start then there will be some mysterious breakdown, a cheap manager will be appointed and a few bargain basement signings will appear a few days later.

MWHIBBIES
24-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Never going to happen

The 90+2
24-06-2019, 01:20 PM
You think the prick would realise he would get more for them as a premiership team.

Sylar
24-06-2019, 01:30 PM

No, he didn't.

If he did, and has since deleted it, it was clearly because he realised it was total pony.

elevengoats
24-06-2019, 01:32 PM
Mourinho is the bookmaker favourite to replace him now.

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2019, 01:35 PM

😂

gorgie greens
24-06-2019, 01:43 PM
No, he didn't.

If he did, and has since deleted it, it was clearly because he realised it was total pony.

was around an hour ago but there is nothing on his tweet account now ,must have been deleted.

Since452
24-06-2019, 06:57 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if they were in a relegation scrap this season now. Rafa is a brilliant manager.

DetroitHibs
24-06-2019, 07:05 PM
I’m gonna lump on Newcastle being relegated if Rafa leaves.

hfc rd
24-06-2019, 07:15 PM

And Hibs to beat them in the pre-season fixture at the end of July 😁

DetroitHibs
24-06-2019, 07:22 PM
And Hibs to beat them in the pre-season fixture at the end of July 😁

Better make it a double then :aok:

GlesgaeHibby
24-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they were in a relegation scrap this season now. Rafa is a brilliant manager.

Getting that team to 13th last season was a fantastic achievement. Without him they'd have been relegated imo.

Hibernia&Alba
24-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Has the takeover fallen through?

The 90+2
24-06-2019, 08:38 PM
Has the takeover fallen through?

I’ve heard it’s going through and Arteta next manager. Easier to get rid no contract left.

hibsbollah
25-06-2019, 09:26 AM
It's time for the Geordies to grow a pair, do what they've been threatening for so long and boycott games until Ashley sells. Or if they can't stomach that, at least stop buying replica shirts. £65 for a home shirt from a South East Asian sweatshop. Its been a joke club for too long.

jacomo
25-06-2019, 09:28 AM

I think that would be a solid bet.

MagicSwirlingShip
25-06-2019, 10:07 AM
I’d be absolutely livid if I was a Newcastle fan.

MWHIBBIES
25-06-2019, 10:11 AM
It's time for the Geordies to grow a pair, do what they've been threatening for so long and boycott games until Ashley sells. Or if they can't stomach that, at least stop buying replica shirts. £65 for a home shirt from a South East Asian sweatshop. Its been a joke club for too long.

Some don't find it that easy to just abandon their club, nothing to do with growing a pair.

Haymaker
26-06-2019, 12:15 AM
Some don't find it that easy to just abandon their club, nothing to do with growing a pair.

Very true... And would a boycott actually cost him money? Didn't over half the EPL teams make profits before match day revenue?

Newcastle might not have been one of course.

hibsbollah
26-06-2019, 06:49 AM
Very true... And would a boycott actually cost him money? Didn't over half the EPL teams make profits before match day revenue?

Newcastle might not have been one of course.

I think the point of the boycott is its something the fans have been threatening to do for over a season now. It gets to the point where threats are meaningless unless you act on it.

A boycott isn't likely to make a huge difference to the Ashley bottom line, but as a symbolic gesture it would be massive in terms of sponsors sitting up and taking notice. You can't begin to understand the central place that club has in the city unless you've lived there.

hibsbollah
30-06-2019, 07:11 PM
This article has 'my thoughts exactly' written all over it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/30/newcastle-fans-trying-to-topple-mike-ashley-may-find-apathy-in-their-way

Lancs Harp
30-06-2019, 07:26 PM
Newcastle fans need to get serious. Blackpool fans boycotted and eventually got a result. Ashley only cares about money, cut him off Newcastle is just a cash cow and hobby to him.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2019, 07:38 PM
This article has 'my thoughts exactly' written all over it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/jun/30/newcastle-fans-trying-to-topple-mike-ashley-may-find-apathy-in-their-way

They really are a torn faced bunch who don’t tear their faces often enough. Bobby Moncur FFS. A whole generation have seen them win **** all. Ever.