PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Improvements ?

GreenCastle
24-06-2019, 11:03 AM
Recently we had a thread on here about what you would like improved at Easter Road.

Can one of the fans reps or anyone else give an update to what's actually happening or planned to happen?

The reoccurring themes of...

Food quality / price / healthy options
PA system / Tannoy - so fans can actually hear what's being said.
Maintenance - new seats in Famous Five / fixing dated stands
Making the stadium more Hibs - Murals / Signage inside and outside stadium
Cleaning of stadium / fixing issues (updating) hospitality / Community Foundation interior (carpet / new paint)
Possible recycling initiatives - Go Green for Hibs (Green recycling bins around stadium / can fans pick up own rubbish (avoid seagulls / polluting local area)

Hibs should open it up to locals to help if the money isn't available or they don't have the staff - I am sure many would offer to help.

Any updates appreciated :aok:

MyJo
24-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Have Hibs considered reaching out to local education and training centres and offering the stadium as a tool for young people who need practical opportunities for their courses?

Get guys training to be joiners, plumbers, electricians and so on to come in and do some of the work, under supervision, as part of their coursework.

Saves us money gets some essential maintenance and refurbishments done and fits in with the community club aspect.

Capt Mainwaring
24-06-2019, 12:01 PM
Have Hibs considered reaching out to local education and training centres and offering the stadium as a tool for young people who need practical opportunities for their courses?

Get guys training to be joiners, plumbers, electricians and so on to come in and do some of the work, under supervision, as part of their coursework.

Saves us money gets some essential maintenance and refurbishments done and fits in with the community club aspect.

Good shout. Iím sure they would also get a few fans to volunteer for unskilled type work ( painting, weeding etc) and to lend extra pairs of hands to help

PaulSmith
24-06-2019, 12:08 PM
Recently we had a thread on here about what you would like improved at Easter Road.

Can one of the fans reps or anyone else give an update to what's actually happening or planned to happen?

Cleaning of stadium / fixing issues (updating) hospitality / Community Foundation interior (carpet / new paint)
Possible recycling initiatives - Go Green for Hibs (Green recycling bins around stadium / can fans pick up own rubbish (avoid seagulls / polluting local area)

Hibs should open it up to locals to help if the money isn't available or they don't have the staff - I am sure many would offer to help.

take them to the Working Group tonight, 6:30 at the stadium.

thorbs
24-06-2019, 02:05 PM
recently we had a thread on here about what you would like improved at easter road.

food quality / price / healthy options
pa system / tannoy - so fans can actually hear what's being said.
maintenance - new seats in famous five / fixing dated stands
making the stadium more hibs - murals / signage inside and outside stadium
cleaning of stadium / fixing issues (updating) hospitality / community foundation interior (carpet / new paint)
possible recycling initiatives - go green for hibs (green recycling bins around stadium / can fans pick up own rubbish (avoid seagulls / polluting local area)

hibs should open it up to locals to help if the money isn't available or they don't have the staff - i am sure many would offer to help.

keep hibs green?

Antonyopus
24-06-2019, 02:17 PM
At the recent open day on Fatherís Day I was surprised at the very poor standard of decor/maintenance/facilities of the Managers room, referees room and sorrounding areas. Interested to hear what others think. Walls crumbling, poor ventilation and lighting made the place look really poor and could really do with upgrading. I was a tad disappointed given the very nice areas upstairs.

Power
24-06-2019, 02:26 PM

Yer tapping into my June update! Loving your thinking.

I have taken the recycling initiative suggestion and itís in front of the board tomorrow. Iíll update everyone with what else and more at the end of this month.

Hibs have recently covered off a number of those points recently and you may find the below reply useful.

Our Home: Easter Road Stadium is our home, and one we are proud of. New arrangements were recently put in place to improve the maintenance and upkeep of the stadium. In the past few years we have also massively improved signage in and around the stadium Ė with more work to follow Ė and we have tried to make the stadium more identifiably the home of Hibernian FC.

The sound system at Easter Road is an announcement system, for spectator safety, rather than an entertainment system. The entertainment system would be significantly more expensive, requiring a seven-figure investment. However, we are constantly looking at how we can improve the system we do have.

Kiosk catering is a regular source of discussion with supporters. We work with our catering supplier to try to reduce queueing and improve service and quality. This is kept under regular review, and we will be looking to make further improvement.

Match-day communications have significantly improved, with our social media activity now widely followed. However, supporters should also be assured that our media team is currently working on future content that will better reflect the desire of supporters to get a better and more entertaining view of the clubís operations, in particular at HTC.

GreenCastle
25-06-2019, 07:05 AM
take them to the Working Group tonight, 6:30 at the stadium.

I canít make these meetings due to another commitment.

I have been mentioned quite a few of these for months (PA and food is actually years) though and nothing has changed.

So hopefully we can see some improvements especially paying £££ for a season ticket.

GreenCastle
25-06-2019, 07:12 AM

I have taken the recycling initiative suggestion and itís in front of the board tomorrow. Iíll update everyone with what else and more at the end of this month.

Hibs have recently covered off a number of those points recently and you may find the below reply useful.

Our Home: Easter Road Stadium is our home, and one we are proud of. New arrangements were recently put in place to improve the maintenance and upkeep of the stadium. In the past few years we have also massively improved signage in and around the stadium Ė with more work to follow Ė and we have tried to make the stadium more identifiably the home of Hibernian FC.

The sound system at Easter Road is an announcement system, for spectator safety, rather than an entertainment system. The entertainment system would be significantly more expensive, requiring a seven-figure investment. However, we are constantly looking at how we can improve the system we do have.

Kiosk catering is a regular source of discussion with supporters. We work with our catering supplier to try to reduce queueing and improve service and quality. This is kept under regular review, and we will be looking to make further improvement.

Match-day communications have significantly improved, with our social media activity now widely followed. However, supporters should also be assured that our media team is currently working on future content that will better reflect the desire of supporters to get a better and more entertaining view of the clubís operations, in particular at HTC.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The sound system of lack of one needs to have a long term plan as itís been ignored too long. Club needs to save for it - least we know something is being done.

Who is responsible for the food checks ? Content ? I know ER isnít a restaurant as such but we can do better if the club actually surveyed fans.

Stadium improvements - having done the open day and tour recently there are still parts of the stadium showing 25 years of age and I hope the right person is in charge of identifying these otherwise costs will soar long term.

Glad the recycling issue is getting looked at - I donít this club even have a recycling policy or at least something that promotes it to help young generations etc not drop litter - rubbish blow into local streets / area.

BILLYHIBS
25-06-2019, 07:28 AM

If the announcement system is too expensive to replace for an entertainment system could you please ask them to turn the volume down just a notch in order that us peasants in the West can hear ourselves think and conduct conversations with those round about us

Pretty please! :greengrin

Glory Lurker
25-06-2019, 07:54 AM
Personally, I'd be happy for the PA system to be turned off. It doesn't work properly and I'd rather any money that could go towards it was spent elsewhere.

Greencore
25-06-2019, 07:57 AM
Blankets for when it's cold, hibs tartan though.

MagicSwirlingShip
25-06-2019, 07:57 AM
I reckon an array of Wireless speakers you can get from Pc World for £50 each all hooked up to the same source would be more effective than the current shambles in the East

hibbyfraelibby
25-06-2019, 08:57 AM
I come to ER to watch the football not listen to some crappy music blasting through a PA system at ear drum piercing volumes. As long as we can hear any important announcements fine but we do not need some rock concert sound system to be used for what 80 minutes a fortnight.

Now Jumbotrons that would be different

RyeSloan
25-06-2019, 10:19 AM
I come to ER to watch the football not listen to some crappy music blasting through a PA system at ear drum piercing volumes. As long as we can hear any important announcements fine but we do not need some rock concert sound system to be used for what 80 minutes a fortnight.

Iím with you on this...as long as any emergency announcements can be heard then the rest is literally just noise.

OK the fans in the East might miss that half time birthday announcement while the fans in the West are deafened by it but beyond ensuring the safety of the fans what purpose does it serve?

Greencore
25-06-2019, 10:33 AM

The music we play is far from rock.
It would be amazing to have some motley crue or black sab. But what you gonna do.

hibbyfraelibby
25-06-2019, 10:48 AM
It would be amazing to have some motley crue or black sab. But what you gonna do.

We don't play music at ER never mind Rock Music. We broadcast insufferable white noise punctuated with garble DJ and the odd public announcement

One Day Soon
25-06-2019, 11:39 AM
A million quid for an 'entertainment' system? :shocked:

Pay a few grand to someone to build the Hibs App, make that the connection point for pre-match and half time entertainment, spend some cash on boosting broadband/wifi capacity at ER, the App is accessible on everyone's smart phones and you end up with an App that the club can use for a bunch of other stuff too.

Trouser the remaining £950,000.

Eyrie
25-06-2019, 12:54 PM

You sir, are a man of impeccable taste.

Wireless headphones connected to Anthrax and The Almighty on my phone works for me.

Oscar T Grouch
25-06-2019, 12:58 PM

Should a sound system in a stadium, that is used only for spectator safety, not have to relay messages of safety in a clear and understandable way? Serious question, because I cannot decipher a single thing that comes out of it. The announcer or the powers that be (nae pun intended :wink:) seem to think turning the volume up makes it easier to hear the announcements but it doesn't, it distorts an already unclear message. I cannot count the number of things I miss from not being able to hear what is being said through the sound system at Easter Road. It seems strange we cannot do anything about this without spending over a £1m where teams like St Mirren, Dundee, Livingston and St Johnston all have systems that can communicate the safety messages clearly.

The Modfather
25-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Thanks for the update. The catering update is the same as weíve been told for the last 5 years, ďunder reviewĒ. Iíd rather Hibs were just honest and said they were happy with the offering and service than their stock answer and nothing changes.

Donít mean to sound as if having a go at you personally, but itís a long time annoyance. Is card/contactless payment part of the review?

Oscar T Grouch
25-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Wireless headphones connected to Anthrax and The Almighty on my phone works for me.

I prefer a bit of Megadeth as I roll up to Easter Road. #GetWellSoonDave.

Last Minute
25-06-2019, 01:31 PM

Same old with regards to the catering (NOTHING ) leeanne and the board were meant to be doing something about it? what are they doing ? NOTHING. The catering at hibs is a joke and we have been promised for years they were going to do something about it. Quick enough in wanting your cash but slow in caring about what some fans want.

BSEJVT
25-06-2019, 01:41 PM
Same old with regards to the catering (NOTHING ) leeanne and the board were meant to be doing something about it? what are they doing ? NOTHING. The catering at hibs is a joke and we have been promised for years they were going to do something about it. Quick enough in wanting your cash but slow in caring about what some fans want.

Slightly OTT reaction?

If the main purpose of your going to a game is to sample the catering I can see the reason for your ire, but otherwise?

You do realise that it is not mandatory to partake of the catering?

It would probably be better for you if you chose not to do so.

I think I would be a really worried man if, given the challenges the club and board have withstood over the past few years if we had a Michelin star catering experience and a crap team on the park and a rented training ground.

The club have clearly decided not to take it in house, therefore I would suggest, pretty much like shirt sponsorship, that they are fishing in a pretty shallow pool for companies able and willing to run the match day catering for fans.

Maybe they are contractually bound to existing arrangements and /or struggling to interest anyone else in taking it on?

One Day Soon
25-06-2019, 01:46 PM

Bloody Nouves. It should be Motorhead, AC/DC and Rainbow.

RyeSloan
25-06-2019, 02:23 PM
Should a sound system in a stadium, that is used only for spectator safety, not have to relay messages of safety in a clear and understandable way? Serious question, because I cannot decipher a single thing that comes out of it. The announcer or the powers that be (nae pun intended :wink:) seem to think turning the volume up makes it easier to hear the announcements but it doesn't, it distorts an already unclear message. I cannot count the number of things I miss from not being able to hear what is being said through the sound system at Easter Road. It seems strange we cannot do anything about this without spending over a £1m where teams like St Mirren, Dundee, Livingston and St Johnston all have systems that can communicate the safety messages clearly.

Have you ever missed any announcements of any real significance though?

As it is Iím pretty certain I can hear the pre match safety announcement in the East reasonably easily. There is a horn like sound then some narrative telling everyone if they hear that noise then pay close attention to the next announcement then some blurb about the zillion things that fans are not allowed to do and that they maybe subject to a banning order if they donít.

Beyond that what else that comes out of the PA system is of any real value?

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-06-2019, 02:46 PM

I found the 7 figure estimate a bit hard to believe too.

Hakim Sar
25-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Clean it, paint it, pick out the weeds, replace the old rusting seats...

And put curly wurlies back in the kiosks.

WhileTheChief..
25-06-2019, 04:31 PM
In our quest to turn ER into a community centre I think we will soon have a soft play area, a sensory room, nappy changing facilities, safe spaces in each stand, a breast feeding room, a prayer room and maybe some of those isolation tank things that you can float in.

Remove the unhealthy food kiosks and give out free avocado and couscous served from hemp trays to anyone that fancies it.

And no more plastic. Obviously.

Actually that could be a song that Renton and Sick boy could do.

Eyrie
25-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Add some Iron Maiden, Metallica and Deep Purple and we've sorted the music out :greengrin

I found the 7 figure estimate a bit hard to believe too.
Probably based on Celtc's disco lights which they installed last year. We don't need anything that fancy.

Keith_M
25-06-2019, 06:39 PM
If the announcement system is too expensive to replace for an entertainment system could you please ask them to turn the volume down just a notch in order that us peasants in the West can hear ourselves think and conduct conversations with those round about us

Pretty please! :greengrin

I second that emotion. It's too bl**dy loud before the match and at half-time.

HibsAnnouncer
25-06-2019, 07:13 PM
I second that emotion. It's too bl**dy loud before the match and at half-time.

Hi everyone!

The PA system has one central volume switch throughout the stadium and I each stand is on one combined master level. Unfortunately the cure by does allow us to adjust sound in individual stands but we are trying to do everything we can.. The amps have limiters on them from many moons ago pre my time anyway. We can try push the volume on CaT A games but it makes no difference in and ends up blaring in the west.

I personally along with Micky have brought personal equipment to try improve things and we have seen a slight improvements.

As KPís update, the club have been trying to find solutions so itís not a case of them ignoring it I honestly can say it is noted.

With regards to tunes, there are some changes being made of benefit to supporters that I think will benefit your input musically. Iíll put a post out within the next week just giving you on update on that front but we plan on putting out a playlist graphic and giving local bands (where possible) a chance to have their track played.

As always, I started the HibsAnnouncer idea to try give an avenue for match days so any form of feedback, suggestions or input from here or any other forum fan wise is always taken on board and hugely appreciated.

BILLYHIBS
25-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Clean it, paint it, pick out the weeds, replace the old rusting seats...

And put curly wurlies back in the kiosks.

Chips in the West please

Keith_M
25-06-2019, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the update. The catering update is the same as we’ve been told for the last 5 years, “under review”. I’d rather Hibs were just honest and said they were happy with the offering and service than their stock answer and nothing changes.

Don’t mean to sound as if having a go at you personally, but it’s a long time annoyance. Is card/contactless payment part of the review?

You've had a bit stick for your comment but I share the sentiments. I found the answers to be the usual... bland, corporate style and non-committal.

This is the problem when Fans Reps are appointed, they have to tow the party line.

One Day Soon
25-06-2019, 07:50 PM
You've had a bit stick for your comment but I share the sentiments. I found the answers to be the usual... bland, corporate style and non-committal.

This is the problem when Fans Reps are appointed, they have to tow the party line.

ĎToeí surely?

LeithMike
25-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Slightly OTT reaction?

If the main purpose of your going to a game is to sample the catering I can see the reason for your ire, but otherwise?

I think I would be a really worried man if, given the challenges the club and board have withstood over the past few years if we had a Michelin star catering experience and a crap team on the park and a rented training ground.

I dont think anyone is asking for Michelin starred food. Catering is an important part of the match day experience and it would be good if we had some decent fare to go along with a decent team on the park. Dont think they are mutually exclusive and, quite possibly, if the catering was done well, it could provide a valuable source of income to the club.

I loved going to watch Cologne a few years back where you could get tasty bratwurst, schnitzel and currywurst and other delicious goodies. Also love the bridies at East End Park. We just need a bit of imagination and ambition to make a success of it. Doing it well will improve the matchday experience, possibly encourage greater attendances and people pay for quality so there is no doubt it could generate funds.

I think it's worth a little investment.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Juniper Greens
25-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Hi everyone!

The PA system has one central volume switch throughout the stadium and I each stand is on one combined master level. Unfortunately the cure by does allow us to adjust sound in individual stands but we are trying to do everything we can.. The amps have limiters on them from many moons ago pre my time anyway. We can try push the volume on CaT A games but it makes no difference in and ends up blaring in the west.

I personally along with Micky have brought personal equipment to try improve things and we have seen a slight improvements.

As KPís update, the club have been trying to find solutions so itís not a case of them ignoring it I honestly can say it is noted.

With regards to tunes, there are some changes being made of benefit to supporters that I think will benefit your input musically. Iíll put a post out within the next week just giving you on update on that front but we plan on putting out a playlist graphic and giving local bands (where possible) a chance to have their track played.

As always, I started the HibsAnnouncer idea to try give an avenue for match days so any form of feedback, suggestions or input from here or any other forum fan wise is always taken on board and hugely appreciated.

Thanks for the response. As others have said, it's slightly frustrating we can't get anything better, but I'd not be spending the quoted seven figures on it

GreenCastle
25-06-2019, 08:09 PM
Easter Road was awarded gold status recently ?

I know some folk take the piss when it comes to the tannoy / PA system and food but if you travel around and see whatís on offer elsewhere others with less resources have better facilities so thatís when it doesnít make sense to me.

The PA system could be done through go fund me or has anyone of tried to get a sponsor to install it / help fund it ?

The food has been awful for years - again surely canít be too expensive to include some fresh fruit - healthier options?

I heard the steps are being painted in the stands which is a good start - hopefully a few more improvements before the season starts.

GreenCastle
25-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone!

thanks for reply - I do think you have tried to improve things.

I think the content deserves better and itís annoying when we have half time guests and former players and you canít hear their interviews.

I do think should stick to a final 2/3 songs which are played every home game before kick off.

Songs everyone knows that kick off is close.

Hibees heroís..
Plus 2 others

Anthems which fans can adapt / relate to.

Put it to a vote even but itís song which coming into the ground you know itís nearly kick off etc. Newcastle for example do this really well.

derekduval
25-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Imagine we had an an extra £100000 to spend but where could it come from??

Crazyhorse
25-06-2019, 11:09 PM

I very much agree with this!

Crazyhorse
25-06-2019, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=Eyrie;5823729]Add some Iron Maiden, Metallica and Deep Purple and we've sorted the music out :greengrin

And this!

Scouse Hibee
26-06-2019, 06:59 AM
Easter Road was awarded gold status recently ?

I know some folk take the piss when it comes to the tannoy / PA system and food but if you travel around and see whatís on offer elsewhere others with less resources have better facilities so thatís when it doesnít make sense to me.

The PA system could be done through go fund me or has anyone of tried to get a sponsor to install it / help fund it ?

The food has been awful for years - again surely canít be too expensive to include some fresh fruit - healthier options?

I heard the steps are being painted in the stands which is a good start - hopefully a few more improvements before the season starts.

The food really isnít as bad as folk make out, the queues and regular sales are testament to that.

InchHibby
26-06-2019, 07:06 AM
Slightly OTT reaction?

The club have clearly decided not to take it in house, therefore I would suggest, pretty much like shirt sponsorship, that they are fishing in a pretty shallow pool for companies able and willing to run the match day catering for fans.

Maybe they are contractually bound to existing arrangements and /or struggling to interest anyone else in taking it on?
👍

Paisley Hibby
26-06-2019, 07:48 AM
The food really isnít as bad as folk make out, the queues and regular sales are testament to that.

Good point.And it can't be easy running what is basically a pop up mass catering service that over the course of a year operates only about 20-30 times. Not easy to cover the costs of that never mind turn a wee profit. So I recognise that the prices charged are about the cost of providing the service. But the quality is more "sweepings off the slaughterhouse floor" baked in the cheapest pie cases possible or fried in a cheap bun. And as for the hot drinks - full coffee shop prices but basically a tea bag or spoon of instant in a plastic cup - seriously?? I'm not asking for the world, I just wish our club would treat us with a bit more respect on catering.

Last Minute
26-06-2019, 08:40 AM
The whole stadium outside and in needs a jet wash . Its disgusting at some places and a jet wash would easily sort this out. Also the halogen lights outside the west need replaced been out for a season.

Last Minute
26-06-2019, 08:59 AM
I dont think anyone is asking for Michelin starred food. Catering is an important part of the match day experience and it would be good if we had some decent fare to go along with a decent team on the park. Dont think they are mutually exclusive and, quite possibly, if the catering was done well, it could provide a valuable source of income to the club.

I loved going to watch Cologne a few years back where you could get tasty bratwurst, schnitzel and currywurst and other delicious goodies. Also love the bridies at East End Park. We just need a bit of imagination and ambition to make a success of it. Doing it well will improve the matchday experience, possibly encourage greater attendances and people pay for quality so there is no doubt it could generate funds.

I think it's worth a little investment.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

:applause: Spot on with everything you have said. Hibs just need to look at East end park and other grounds that can do it with better quality food reduce the queues. The staff at Easter road Kiosks need training and arranged a different way. 1 member serving the drinks, 1 member hot food, 1 member collecting cash. that's how Dunfermline and Falkirk used to do it and its helps get customers served more quickly .

Greenbeard
26-06-2019, 09:23 AM
In our quest to turn ER into a community centre I think we will soon have a soft play area, a sensory room, nappy changing facilities, safe spaces in each stand, a breast feeding room, a prayer room and maybe some of those isolation tank things that you can float in.

Remove the unhealthy food kiosks and give out free avocado and couscous served from hemp trays to anyone that fancies it.

And no more plastic. Obviously.

Actually that could be a song that Renton and Sick boy could do.
Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. The hemp, not the couscous. That would be messy. Mind you so could 15,000 folk pipe-smoking hemp.

HibsAnnouncer
26-06-2019, 12:29 PM
thanks for reply - I do think you have tried to improve things.

I think the content deserves better and itís annoying when we have half time guests and former players and you canít hear their interviews.

I do think should stick to a final 2/3 songs which are played every home game before kick off.

Songs everyone knows that kick off is close.

Hibees heroís..
Plus 2 others

Anthems which fans can adapt / relate to.

Put it to a vote even but itís song which coming into the ground you know itís nearly kick off etc. Newcastle for example do this really well.

Thatís exactly what was put in place last season. There was the same backing track for teams being read, Hibs heroes before run out then a instrumental for run out to let the fans take over.

.Sean.
26-06-2019, 02:15 PM
The one real gripe I have with the PA is the pishy Capital/ Radio 1esque playlist that gets played. Not one person I know who goes to the football wants to listen to Ed Sheeran etc or the rubbish you'd hear in George Street nightclubs. Bugged me for years.

WhileTheChief..
26-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Anything off the Trainspotting soundtracks is good for me.

We really should make more of the connection.

GreenCastle
26-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Thatís exactly what was put in place last season. There was the same backing track for teams being read, Hibs heroes before run out then a instrumental for run out to let the fans take over.

Thatís what happens when the PA system is so bad in the East!

Hopefully have similar this season and have you ever tried to seek sponsorship for the new PA system ?

stuart-farquhar
26-06-2019, 04:19 PM
I would like a zip wire fitted in the east so i can leave quickly and smoothly without the half-hour delay.

Thanks in advance.

Greenbeard
26-06-2019, 05:53 PM
I would like a zip wire fitted in the east so i can leave quickly and smoothly without the half-hour delay.

Thanks in advance.
Careful what you wish for......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDwxNcURTU

BILLYHIBS
26-06-2019, 07:30 PM

LAGER! LAGER! LAGER!

:greengrin

malcolm
26-06-2019, 08:03 PM
The one real gripe I have with the PA is the pishy Capital/ Radio 1esque playlist that gets played. Not one person I know who goes to the football wants to listen to Ed Sheeran etc or the rubbish you'd hear in George Street nightclubs. Bugged me for years.

Yeah none of that pop rubbish letís have something epic and loud like say...

The Ride of the Walkyres (with the sung lyrics) - Wagner, Montagues and Capulets - Prokofiev, or A Night on the Bare/bald Mountain - Mussorgsky/Rimsky-Korsakov. Stirs the blood :greengrin

90+2
26-06-2019, 08:10 PM

Bob Dylan would be great.

Eyrie
27-06-2019, 09:30 AM
Yeah none of that pop rubbish letís have something epic and loud like say...

The Ride of the Walkyres (with the sung lyrics) - Wagner, Montagues and Capulets - Prokofiev, or A Night on the Bare/bald Mountain - Mussorgsky/Rimsky-Korsakov. Stirs the blood :greengrin

I think Blackburn used the Prokofiev a number of years ago.

If we're going down the classical route, then you can't beat Verdi's Dies Irae (the louder, the better).

HibsAnnouncer
27-06-2019, 05:23 PM

Ed Sheeran hasnít been played for a fair while that I can guarantee 🤣🤣

The playlist is a lot less poppy that it has ever been. Drop over some suggestions mate Iíll def get Micky to stick them in for next season

we are hibs
27-06-2019, 05:29 PM
As long as we can hear sunshine on leith at the end after pumping Celtic rangers or hearts who actually cares?

malcolm
27-06-2019, 07:35 PM
I think Blackburn used the Prokofiev a number of years ago.

If we're going down the classical route, then you can't beat Verdi's Dies Irae (the louder, the better).

Mr Green how fitting ..How about that performed live with the gadgies (and gadgettes) dressed up in black tie and smashing their instruments (a la the Who) at the end... as a nod to the rock aficionados? No well maybe not but maybe the idea of playing a requiem only works if we expect to kill off the opponent as a club .. :greengrin mmm why does that sound familiar

May2116
27-06-2019, 07:50 PM
One major annoyance for me last season was the seats at the south end of the west lower absolutely covered in bird ****. I mean itís hardly the end of the world but I donít carry cleaning tools with me, nor should I have to, and Iím not sitting on a **** covered seat. TLC before match days, and ongoing maintenance to other areas should be a given. Not waiting until it literally needs done. Just because stands are built doesnít mean we canít look to keep improving them.