Think it's all over the daily hun

ben johnson
24-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Just heard from a ref mate.

It was reported yesterday he had stood down due to other commitments
He got Daddy to release a statement on it

H18 SFR
24-06-2019, 10:40 AM
My mate reckons he got three consecutive marks since January of 5.9 or lower which means he gets the chop from FIFA. Normally informed in October and gone 31st December. He's jumped before being pushed.

Eyrie
24-06-2019, 10:42 AM
It was reported yesterday he had stood down due to other commitments
He got Daddy to release a statement on it

Time spent on international duties probably meant that he wasn't getting enough use of his season ticket at Ibrox.

cabbageandribs1875
24-06-2019, 10:44 AM
ah well he will have more spare time to follow follow the filth

Antifa Hibs
24-06-2019, 10:51 AM
Time spent on international duties probably meant that he wasn't getting enough use of his season ticket at Ibrox.

Rangers won't be playing when its international weekend? :duck:

Hopefully steps down from his SFA role now! Useless ****.

DarlingtonHibee
24-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Think it's all over the daily hun

Sorry it is on bbc sport not the daily hun.

Looks like is continuing with the spf.

we are hibs
24-06-2019, 11:05 AM
There are some inept referees in scotland but thats all they are. some of the decisions he comes up with and the way he talks to the players is staggering. I don't think he's just a "poor ref" I think hes a cheat.

One Day Soon
24-06-2019, 11:19 AM
How sad. :greengrin

delbert
24-06-2019, 11:33 AM
There are some inept referees in scotland but thats all they are. some of the decisions he comes up with and the way he talks to the players is staggering. I don't think he's just a "poor ref" I think hes a cheat.

Sorry but I think your comment is out of order, Andrew Dallas isn’t and wasn’t a cheat, he was a young referee with a massive act to follow due to his Dad being a quite excellent referee which would have put him under massive pressure. What happened was that the SFA fast tracked him for all the wrong reasons and totally failed to spot that he didn’t remotely have the ability, talent or feel for the game his Dad had and consequently was put into the middle of games he was ill equipped, under prepared and just not good enough to handle. The blame here lies entirely at the door of the referee department in general and John Fleming in particular for not being able to spot the bleeding obvious, and I think Dallas showed a bit of bottle in trying to improve his game while under enormous pressure other refs weren’t under. I doubt any of this will change a strongly held opinion but there is no way this man was a cheat, just massively out of his depth.

we are hibs
24-06-2019, 11:43 AM
Sorry but I think your comment is out of order, Andrew Dallas isn’t and wasn’t a cheat, he was a young referee with a massive act to follow due to his Dad being a quite excellent referee which would have put him under massive pressure. What happened was that the SFA fast tracked him for all the wrong reasons and totally failed to spot that he didn’t remotely have the ability, talent or feel for the game his Dad had and consequently was put into the middle of games he was ill equipped, under prepared and just not good enough to handle. The blame here lies entirely at the door of the referee department in general and John Fleming in particular for not being able to spot the bleeding obvious, and I think Dallas showed a bit of bottle in trying to improve his game while under enormous pressure other refs weren’t under. I doubt any of this will change a strongly held opinion but there is no way this man was a cheat, just massively out of his depth.

Hugh Dallas certainly wasnt a "quite excellent referee". I've seen enough of his son to make my mind up that its more than human error or not being good enough when it comes to some of his decisons.

HoboHarry
24-06-2019, 11:50 AM
Hugh Dallas certainly wasnt a "quite excellent referee". I've seen enough of his son to make my mind up that its more than human error or not being good enough when it comes to some of his decisons.
The evidence would suggest otherwise, he was deemed good enough to be 4th official at a world cup final....

ben johnson
24-06-2019, 12:07 PM
The evidence would suggest otherwise, he was deemed good enough to be 4th official at a world cup final....

It was the 2002 World Cup Final A tournament littered with refereeing incompetence
Even the Italians were upset by the bias

meantime, the Italians fell victim to an unbelievable litany of refereeing errors. Francesco Totti was harshly sent off for diving; Damiano Tommasi had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside; Choi Jin-cheul two-footed Gianluca Zambrotta and Kim Tae-young threw an elbow at Alessandro del Piero without consequence, even if the Italians were less than blameless in the rough and tumble of the game

delbert
24-06-2019, 12:10 PM

Which means at the time he was number 2 in the world, because if Collina had gone down, Dallas would have refereed the game. Might also be worthwhile remembering that rather like us and our own referees, Italian football fans in general were not all that complimentary about Collina, many thought he was a hopeless referee, whereas in other countries he was almost god like !! Opinions eh ??

HoboHarry
24-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Which means at the time he was number 2 in the world, because if Collina had gone down, Dallas would have refereed the game. Might also be worthwhile remembering that rather like us and our own referees, Italian football fans in general were not all that complimentary about Collina, many thought he was a hopeless referee, whereas in other countries he was almost god like !! Opinions eh ??
I've said it before on here, there isn't a country in the world where the fans think that their referees are great.

brog
24-06-2019, 12:35 PM

You make a very good & cogent case for him, though it's a bit embarrassing that his default excuse is incompetence! The 4 penalty saga for Sevco against St M however will understandably lead many people to the cheat conclusion. The part in your post bolded above sums him up perfectly but no doubt he'll continue to blight the Scottish game for years to come yet!