PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray

SiinDubai
23-06-2019, 06:35 PM
Great achievement & great to see him back in action !!!

Still Smiling
23-06-2019, 07:04 PM
Top guy

The Pointer
23-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Watched it in London and I was delighted for him, as were the locals. He had a tumble and was straight back up again. Having had a hip resurfacing I felt for him. 😁

superfurryhibby
23-06-2019, 07:44 PM
The man is a legend. I never thought he would play tennis again. Whether he can ever be competitive in the singles is a big ask, but maybe he can become a doubles master and add more grand slams that way. .

BILLYHIBS
23-06-2019, 07:49 PM
The man is a legend. I never thought he would play tennis again. Whether he can ever be competitive in the singles is a big ask, but maybe he can become a doubles master and add more grand slams that way. .

Yeah!

Andy and Jamie Murray

Who knew?

The 90+2
23-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Well done Andy. Hero.

The Spaceman
23-06-2019, 08:02 PM
What an inspiration. We all felt his heartache when he was thinking that was it, what a story. Hope he gets back to the top of singles Tennis!

number9dream
23-06-2019, 08:50 PM
Moving well and the competitive edge is very much still there. Positive signs for Muzz.
Sensational display from Lopez. Singles & doubles titles at 37 as a wild card after a hellish period with injuries.
Great story all round.

Glory Lurker
23-06-2019, 11:00 PM
He is a national hero. No other Scot has ever attracted the support he has. He is a real legend.

MickeyEdwards
24-06-2019, 06:20 AM
As a result of Andy returning to active duty at Queens and, having watched each of his matches there, I am hooked on watching him playing live once again!
A super motivated, highly talented, very fit top level tennis player who makes us all proud as he takes the best in the sport with high win success stats to date.
Hopefully he will have a few more years of giving us many more of those exciting, edge of the seat, moments that we got again last night!
Andy, Jamie and Judy are all Hibs fans, often seen at Easter Road when in Scotland!

J-C
24-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Watched it in London and I was delighted for him, as were the locals. He had a tumble and was straight back up again. Having had a hip resurfacing I felt for him. ��

I've also had hip resurfacing and it's also called a sports hip as it allows you to get back to sports, I'm unsure as to the full level of sports it allows but I was able to get back to doing most of my heavy gym work a few years ago, my other hip is a full replacement so my days of heavy weighted gym work has gone, pus I'm an old bugger now. :greengrin

heretoday
24-06-2019, 12:20 PM
He is a national hero. No other Scot has ever attracted the support he has. He is a real legend.

He certainly is. I've never felt quite so protective of any sporting icon, even a Hibs player. I cringe when he hits the ground going for a shot.
I can't believe that he'll get back to the top again, except maybe in the doubles. I doubt he'd be satisfied with that though.

hfc rd
24-06-2019, 12:28 PM

This.

Is there a chance he could play at Wimbledon this year or unlikely?

GloryGlory
24-06-2019, 12:37 PM
This.

He is planning to play doubles. Singles isn't a starter. He is aiming to start playing singles later this year early next year.

Oscar T Grouch
24-06-2019, 12:41 PM
He is planning to play doubles. Singles isn't a starter. He is aiming to start playing singles later this year early next year.

Yeah, his first singles outing will be in Glasgow in September at The Murray Trophy a new ATP challenger tour event. Quite apt he's making his comeback at a tourny with his name.

Leitherhibs
24-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Got a real chance of winning doubles at Wimbledon, extremely adept at the doubles game and has a strong partner in herbert. Andy V Jamie final would be epic.

green day
24-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Watched it in London and I was delighted for him, as were the locals. He had a tumble and was straight back up again. Having had a hip resurfacing I felt for him. 😁

I've also had hip resurfacing and it's also called a sports hip as it allows you to get back to sports, I'm unsure as to the full level of sports it allows but I was able to get back to doing most of my heavy gym work a few years ago, y other hip is a full replacement so my days of heavy weighted gym work has gone, pus I'm an old bugger now. :greengrin

That makes three of us (at least) on here then !

I never made it back to squash or running was concerned about the impacts, but can do everything else including skiing.

Not sure if Murray will get back to top of singles, time will tell.

What a guy though

Sir David Gray
24-06-2019, 09:42 PM
This.

He definitely won't play singles until at least September, there's a suggestion he might play at the US Open but I still think it's unlikely.

He's entered to play the men's doubles at Wimbledon and will play mixed doubles if he can find a partner.

Sammy7nil
25-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Just got gubbed first round KO he is useless and finished

:wink: :wink: :wink: :greengrin