PDA

View Full Version : Stirling Albion (A) - LC group Sat 13 July

Topographic Hibby
22-06-2019, 03:24 PM
Any word on arrangements for this game? Ticket or pay at gate? Assuming ticket, when going on sale? How many will we get?

Any inside info?

Billy Whizz
22-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Any word on arrangements for this game? Ticket or pay at gate? Assuming ticket, when going on sale? How many will we get?

Any inside info?

Saw this on Stirling Albion twitter
Think our tickets will go on sale soon

https://twitter.com/stirling_albion/status/1142435035821330432?s=21

Keith_M
22-06-2019, 03:33 PM
We'll most likely get the West Stand, plus the terracing behind both goals.

That's just a bit over 2.5k

Billy Whizz
22-06-2019, 03:34 PM
We'll most likely get the West Stand, plus the terracing behind both goals.

That's just a bit over 2.5k

We’ll get the East stand, holds 1,000, plus 500 standing is available behind both goals

Keith_M
22-06-2019, 03:38 PM
We’ll get the East stand, holds 1,000, plus 500 standing is available between both goals

Sorry, got my West and East mixed up

:greengrin

According to Wiki (yeah, I know), there's 1,300 terracing spaces.

Topographic Hibby
22-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Thanks. I stay 10 mins along the road and have a free day to pop along to Forthbank, so keen to secure my ticket!! :flag:

Billy Whizz
22-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Thanks. I stay 10 mins along the road and have a free day to pop along to Forthbank, so keen to secure my ticket!! :flag:

You’ll be fine

Steven79
24-06-2019, 12:35 PM
Stirling are saying on twitter it's pay at the gate for both sets of fans.

I think that's a bad idea as it would be much more hassle both getting in and having to find seats togther (Away stand holds around just over a 1000 so surely we are likely to sell that many especially considering the prices which are as follows.

£14 for adults.
£10 for concessions
£5 for under 16's
Free for under 12's

https://twitter.com/Stirling_Albion/status/1142431744358080512

Antifa Hibs
24-06-2019, 01:18 PM
Stirling are saying on twitter it's pay at the gate for both sets of fans.

I think that's a bad idea as it would be much more hassle both getting in and having to find seats togther (Away stand holds around just over a 1000 so surely we are likely to sell that many especially considering the prices which are as follows.

£14 for adults.
£10 for concessions
£5 for under 16's
Free for under 12's

https://twitter.com/Stirling_Albion/status/1142431744358080512

Don't think we took 1000 to Alloa 2 seasons ago. Similar distance and prices. The side stand and a terrace behind the goal and it should be fine.

Hermit Crab
25-06-2019, 04:18 AM
I'll be heading for one of the terraces.

Topographic Hibby
25-06-2019, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

davhibby
25-06-2019, 11:05 AM
Don't think we took 1000 to Alloa 2 seasons ago. Similar distance and prices. The side stand and a terrace behind the goal and it should be fine.

We took more than that and that was a ground we’d been to plenty of times recently. As long as the weather is good considering it’s not a ground we usually get to go to and it’s a short trip I think we could take a big number to this one

Sean1875
25-06-2019, 11:20 AM
Still no official word from Hibs, all seems to be coming to a reply from Stirling Albions twitter to a fan. Reckon we could get a pretty hefty crowd through for this so im surprised if they are going for PATG.

Steven79
25-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Still no official word from Hibs, all seems to be coming to a reply from Stirling Albions twitter to a fan. Reckon we could get a pretty hefty crowd through for this so im surprised if they are going for PATG.

Hearts and other clubs have had their tickets onsale for a while now for the group games.

Hermit Crab
25-06-2019, 03:22 PM
AST holders will have received this email today regarding Stirling and Elgin away tickets. For what its worth I think Stirling are at it charging £14 for an adult for a league cup match.

Please see below details for both Elgin and Stirling Albion Cup games.

Stirling Albion will be pay at the gate:

Adults £14
Over 65 £10
Students £10 (with matriculation card)
Under 16 £5
Under 12s Free with paying adult

Elgin City will be sending us tickets of which I will have a number reserved for AST members, please contact me if you wish me to keep you tickets from this reservation, however please feel free to purchase your own tickets online when they become available.

Adults £12
Over 60/Under 16 £5
Under 5 yrs Free with paying adult

Steven79
25-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Hopefully we are letting kids in for free as well as both Elgin & Alloa are.

green&left
25-06-2019, 03:59 PM
AST holders will have received this email today regarding Stirling and Elgin away tickets. For what its worth I think Stirling are at it charging £14 for an adult for a league cup match.

Please see below details for both Elgin and Stirling Albion Cup games.

Stirling Albion will be pay at the gate:

Adults £14
Over 65 £10
Students £10 (with matriculation card)
Under 16 £5
Under 12s Free with paying adult

Elgin City will be sending us tickets of which I will have a number reserved for AST members, please contact me if you wish me to keep you tickets from this reservation, however please feel free to purchase your own tickets online when they become available.

Adults £12
Over 60/Under 16 £5
Under 5 yrs Free with paying adult

They are but we're worse - we charged £15 quid for Montrose and that was 4 year ago!

Was at Napoli v Samp in Feb and in the Curva B behind the goal it was less than 15 quid. **** no's were Scottish football get their pricing from.

bingo70
27-06-2019, 02:12 PM
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1144243994706305024?s=21

Not really a problem for me as I’m unlikely to go anyway but does anyone know why we are promoting tickets to go to the golf that weekend?

I’d have thought we would be trying to get people to go to the Hibs game instead?

Billy Whizz
27-06-2019, 02:25 PM

Not really a problem for me as I’m unlikely to go anyway but does anyone know why we are promoting tickets to go to the golf that weekend?

I’d have thought we would be trying to get people to go to the Hibs game instead?

Probably because it’s in East Lothian

Smartie
27-06-2019, 02:34 PM

I've just received an e-mail about the golf and found that strange myself.

Iggy Pope
27-06-2019, 02:36 PM

There’s a lot of golf in East Lothian, All of it nowt to do with Hibs. Very odd.

bingo70
27-06-2019, 02:36 PM

I’m not meaning this to sound negative but again, what’s that got to do with Hibs?

Do we have a sponsorship with them? No problem at all if we do, just find it a bit strange we’re promoting another sporting event the same weekend we have a game?

Iggy Pope
27-06-2019, 02:39 PM
I’m not meaning this to sound negative but again, what’s that got to do with Hibs?

Do we have a sponsorship with them? No problem at all if we do, just find it a bit strange we’re promoting another sporting event the same weekend we have a game?

And ****ing GOLF!!!!! Jeez. It’ll be yellow cardigans and a Rover in the drive before we know it.

Smartie
27-06-2019, 02:39 PM

I can only imagine we got a good few quid from them to access our database?

A few quid that should offset anyone choosing to give the Hibs game a swerve and go to the golf instead?

Billy Whizz
27-06-2019, 02:44 PM
There’s a lot of golf in East Lothian, All of it nowt to do with Hibs. Very odd.

Don’t shoot me IP, just thought maybe we were promoting the area

I’m going to Stirling anyway

Iggy Pope
27-06-2019, 02:45 PM
I can only imagine we got a good few quid from them to access our database?

A few quid that should offset anyone choosing to give the Hibs game a swerve and go to the golf instead?

The Hibs game is away from home though. Golf??? Bollox.

Iggy Pope
27-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Don’t shoot me IP, just thought maybe we were promoting the area

I’m going to Stirling anyway

Hibs promoting East Lothian???? Christ, another change of crest needed.

Blaster
27-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Aberdeen standard investments Easter road stadium........

Smartie
27-06-2019, 03:00 PM
The Hibs game is away from home though. Golf??? Bollox.

Do Hibs not get half of the gate for a cup tie?

Iggy Pope
27-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Do Hibs not get half of the gate for a cup tie?

No idea in the instance of the Betfred but nor should it matter unless they are really wanting people to watch an alternative sport whilst our heroes strive to win one of only two things they realistically can.
Golf though......

Iggy Pope
27-06-2019, 03:13 PM
Aberdeen standard investments Easter road stadium........

Hah! That would only be the start! :greengrin

we are hibs
27-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Hopefully the weather is like this on the terracing. As for the prices that's apparently what they charge for league games.

Smartie
27-06-2019, 03:55 PM
No idea in the instance of the Betfred but nor should it matter unless they are really wanting people to watch an alternative sport whilst our heroes strive to win one of only two things they realistically can.
Golf though......

Golf's a cracking game.

A good day out to watch live too, especially if it is just along the road in East Lothian.

Not worth missing a League Cup game for, but a good day out nonetheless.

And I agree that I don't think Hibs should be promoting another sporting event in the vicinity whilst they are playing. Doesn't matter if it is home or away.

Steven79
06-07-2019, 05:57 PM
Well over 2500 Hibs fans at the game today for a "friendly" yet a league cup tie that's almost as close with less space for away fans will be patg.

I would encourage you to come early as possible as I imagine it will take a while to get in.

southsider
07-07-2019, 01:13 PM
Anyone been to the hospitality at SA ?
£70 seems a good deal.

Keith_M
07-07-2019, 05:40 PM
How long is it since we last played at Forthbank?

I remember going twice and I'm sure we lost one of those games.

Hibbyradge
07-07-2019, 05:42 PM

We did.

Wasn't it an ex-Hibs player who scored their winner?

Chris someone. My memory ... :rolleyes:

bingo70
07-07-2019, 05:42 PM

I might be getting my games mixed up but was our last game there not the one where Alan O’Brien was looking like an actual footballer but then got injured and never looked the same again?

Think we also had a trialist that scored that day.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2019, 05:45 PM

We played a pre season friendly around 4/5 years ago
Lost in a Scottish Cup replay when McLeish was our manager
Also played one foggy day in the Scottish, can’t remember the date, but must be at least 10 years ago

S4uzee
07-07-2019, 05:51 PM
We played a pre season friendly around 4/5 years ago
Lost in a Scottish Cup replay when McLeish was our manager
Also played one foggy day in the Scottish, can’t remember the date, but must be at least 10 years ago

The time it was foggy did we not reach the final that year? Think Tam McManus scored late in a 3-2 win. Could barely see down the other end

brianmc
07-07-2019, 05:51 PM
I might be getting my games mixed up but was our last game there not the one where Alan O’Brien was looking like an actual footballer but then got injured and never looked the same again?

Think we also had a trialist that scored that day.

I was there that day. I think it was Alan O'Brien's debut..... I'm embarrassed to admit I thought to myself "We've signed a REAL player here. He's brilliant"
Little did I know at the time that an hour in a friendly would be his peak in a Hibernian jersey!!

Hibbyradge
07-07-2019, 05:53 PM
I was there that day. I think it was Alan O'Brien's debut..... I'm embarrassed to admit I thought to myself "We've signed a REAL player here. He's brilliant"
Little did I know at the time that an hour in a friendly would be his peak in a Hibernian jersey!!

Wasn't O'Brien's debut at Brechin?

I was at that game and that's when the "Ivan Sproule on a motorbike" description came from, iirc.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2019, 05:58 PM
The time it was foggy did we not reach the final that year? Think Tam McManus scored late in a 3-2 win. Could barely see down the other end

Well remembered, thought it was more recent than that.
We didn’t reach the final that year though

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scottish_cup/1175783.stm

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-07-2019, 05:58 PM
We did.

Jackson.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2019, 06:18 PM
Jackson.

He still goes to the games

Since452
07-07-2019, 06:22 PM

What a team that was

Diclonius
07-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Can you park outside Forthbank for games or is it restricted?

Billy Whizz
07-07-2019, 06:30 PM
Can you park outside Forthbank for games or is it restricted?

There’s a car park at our end of the ground, but you could park somewhere in a near industrial estate, and walk round

Hibbyradge
07-07-2019, 06:50 PM
Jackson.

👍

matty_f
07-07-2019, 06:55 PM

He was excellent that day, to be fair.

BILLYHIBS
07-07-2019, 07:06 PM
He was excellent that day, to be fair.

Fastest I have seen since the days of Arthur when he used to kick the ball ahead of the full back and run like ****** going doonhill and they used to open the gate at the bottom of the old North Enclosure 😁👍🏾🇳🇬

Hermit Crab
07-07-2019, 07:31 PM
Stirling better open all 3 stands for us on Saturday, the seated stand at the the 2x terraces behind each goal. There will be a riot if theres a lock out.

Topographic Hibby
07-07-2019, 08:01 PM
Worth pointing out a road closure and diversion near Forthbank Stadium.

Forthside Way is closed from the Muirton Roundabout on the A91 (nearest to Morrrisons) and is the access road to the Stadium. I’m pretty sure a diversion is signposted, but drivers better be aware and ready to follow diversion signs.

The car parks can still be accessed, but you will probably have to go round via Springkerse industrial estate. Better allow more time to find parking spaces etc.

If I’m over that way this week, I’ll have a look and see what is signposted etc.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2019, 08:10 PM
Worth pointing out a road closure and diversion near Forthbank Stadium.

Forthside Way is closed from the Muirton Roundabout on the A91 (nearest to Morrrisons) and is the access road to the Stadium. I’m pretty sure a diversion is signposted, but drivers better be aware and ready to follow diversion signs.

The car parks can still be accessed, but you will probably have to go round via Springkerse industrial estate. Better allow more time to find parking spaces etc.

If I’m over that way this week, I’ll have a look and see what is signposted etc.
Would you suggest going to the stadium via the Bannockburn rd

Topographic Hibby
07-07-2019, 08:21 PM
Would you suggest going to the stadium via the Bannockburn rd
Probably not. It’s just the access road from A91 to the stadium area that is shut (and only in one direction - going in). Stadium area can be reached by going through Springkerse Ind Est.

mim
07-07-2019, 09:17 PM

I thought the same thing exactly :agree:
O'Brien came on as a sub. He went haring down the left wing and an Albion defender tried to half him. He did a couple of forward rolls, bounced up, carried on past another defender to the bye line and cut the ball across for Clayton Donaldson to tap in.

What a player we've got here, thought I. :greengrin

jgl07
08-07-2019, 01:17 AM
We did.

Chris Jackson was the one. It was during the Alex McLeish promotion season after a draw at Easter Road.

BILLYHIBS
08-07-2019, 06:34 AM
O'Brien came on as a sub. He went haring down the left wing and an Albion defender tried to half him. He did a couple of forward rolls, bounced up, carried on past another defender to the bye line and cut the ball across for Clayton Donaldson to tap in.

Clayton Donaldson?

Now there was a player

I wonder whatever happened to him?

:greengrin

HFC93
08-07-2019, 07:10 AM
Where's the best place to go for a pre game drink?

Diclonius
08-07-2019, 07:32 AM

He crashed into the advertising boards in the same game which injured him and probably did away with whatever talent he claimed to have had before then.

Allant1981
08-07-2019, 07:52 AM

There is the springkerse view pub/restaurant about 500 yards away, not the biggest though. The town centre is only a 15 minute walk if you come over by the train station so plenty of decent pubs

hibs#1
08-07-2019, 08:08 AM

City Centre would be the best plenty of pubs and only 10/15 minute walk from the train station. There is a brewers fayre right next to the stadium and a pub called the halfway House just the other side of the retail park not sure if it's still open though.

Daniel 1875
08-07-2019, 09:52 AM

Loads of pubs in the city centre which is across the road and up the hill from the train station.

Cold Beer Company (Formerly Morrisons) and Molly Malones is on Barnton St and a couple of minutes from the bus/train station.

Further up the hill is Baker Street which has loads of pubs (No. 2 Baker St, Nicky Tams, Wetherspoons, Brewdog etc).

It's about 20 mins walk from the station/city centre to Forthbank.

Topographic Hibby
08-07-2019, 02:04 PM
Was in Stirling town centre today and passed Forthbank on way home.

Access road from A91 is still closed. A diversion is signposted around the retail park and industrial estate. Wont be any problem getting in to car parks etc but will be busy around that way with Sat shoppers etc. Better allow plenty time in case roads are busy.

The exit road out from stadium back on to A91 appears open.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Is the game on hibs tv video stream for us overseas viewers?

ginger_rice
10-07-2019, 09:11 AM
City Centre would be the best plenty of pubs and only 10/15 minute walk from the train station. There is a brewers fayre right next to the stadium and a pub called the halfway House just the other side of the retail park not sure if it's still open though.

Halfway House has been closed for years mate

H18 SFR
10-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Anyone seen any odds for this? Can't find any yet!

we are hibs
10-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Skybet have us 1/5. Stirling are 15/2

S4uzee
10-07-2019, 09:35 PM

Got beat 3-0 by Celtic

Since452
11-07-2019, 05:27 AM

I Tweeted William Hill the other day as they seem to have completely forgotten about it. They say the fixtures will be up today or tomorrow. Pretty poor.

California-Hibs
11-07-2019, 06:08 AM
Is the game on hibs tv video stream for us overseas viewers?

Very much doubt Stirling Albion have a ground with internet capacity to put that strength out. It'll be audio only.

Souter96Mac
11-07-2019, 06:55 AM
Can't wait for this, and I'm not even going! Similar to what Hecky said in his post match the other night, there's only so many pre season friendlies I can be interested in. At least this will add some competitive edge.

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2019, 11:46 AM
Sounds like we will be missing a good half dozen players for this on Sat....obviously no Porto, Lewy nor Slivka. Also injured are Gray, Boyle, Hanlon and Whittaker.

I hope this season isn't going to be a repeat of last years casualty list.

All those injuries make the squad look very thin just now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
11-07-2019, 12:59 PM
Sounds like we will be missing a good half dozen players for this on Sat....obviously no Porto, Lewy nor Slivka. Also injured are Gray, Boyle, Hanlon and Whittaker.

I hope this season isn't going to be a repeat of last years casualty list.

All those injuries make the squad look very thin just now

I thought Gray, Boyle, Hanlon and Whittaker only missed the Carlisle match as a precaution?

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2019, 01:13 PM
I thought Gray, Boyle, Hanlon and Whittaker only missed the Carlisle match as a precaution?Not according to Hecky in EEN today mate

Perd Hapley
11-07-2019, 02:10 PM
City centre is only 15 mins away from the Forthbank over the railway walkway - plenty of good pubs there. Nicky-Tams and Curly Coo are both great wee old-fashioned spots - emphasis on 'wee' though, neither is going to be able to accommodate a big group. Settle Inn is also a really nice old bit - slightly further west though. Beyond that you've got the standard chain pubs and quite a few independent bits - you can't really go far wrong on the high street these days. Napizza is an outstanding Neapolitan pizza place slap bang in the middle and Maharaja and Green Gates are very good curry houses. Kilted Kangaroo is another good eating/drinking spot.

If you haven't guessed already I live in the city centre so fire away with any other questions :)

ginger_rice
11-07-2019, 06:41 PM
Very much doubt Stirling Albion have a ground with internet capacity to put that strength out. It'll be audio only.

It's owned by Stirling Council and hosts (small) conferences so may have the bandwidth

greenlex
11-07-2019, 07:45 PM
The scoring at the golf has been pretty tasty.:greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
11-07-2019, 08:20 PM
As it stands, the only coverage on hibs tv is audio, for both overseas and domestic subscribers

Info from Cliff Pike, hibs tv commentator

Carheenlea
11-07-2019, 08:26 PM
City centre is only 15 mins away from the Forthbank over the railway walkway - plenty of good pubs there. Nicky-Tams and Curly Coo are both great wee old-fashioned spots - emphasis on 'wee' though, neither is going to be able to accommodate a big group. Settle Inn is also a really nice old bit - slightly further west though. Beyond that you've got the standard chain pubs and quite a few independent bits - you can't really go far wrong on the high street these days. Napizza is an outstanding Neapolitan pizza place slap bang in the middle and Maharaja and Green Gates are very good curry houses. Kilted Kangaroo is another good eating/drinking spot.

If you haven't guessed already I live in the city centre so fire away with any other questions :)

What`s the shopping like in Stirling? Or rather, is there enough shops to keep a wife busy for a couple of hours while a husband heads to the game?

Billy Whizz
11-07-2019, 08:27 PM
What`s the shopping like in Stirling? Or rather, is there enough shops to keep a wife busy for a couple of hours while a husband heads to the game?

Drop her at Stirling Castle😜
Did she ever watch Colditz, although think you’re too young to remember it

Thehibeeswife
11-07-2019, 08:45 PM

Plenty shops in the centre to keep her amused 👌🏼

hibs#1
11-07-2019, 09:21 PM

Shopping centre is pretty decent.

Perd Hapley
12-07-2019, 01:46 PM

Aye it's not Edinburgh but there are some good spots - the old arcade is worth a visit - few nice boutique shops and good eating and coffee spots in there. Between the arcade and the Thistle centre and the surrounding streets she should have plenty to keep her going. Forest area up and around the castle is also a nice bit for a walk in the trees on a good day

Diclonius
12-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Remember when we all thought last season was a freak outlier and we'd be raring to go and injury free this season? :boo hoo:

Hibs90
12-07-2019, 02:03 PM
Injuries are concering but it always seems to be the same players.

hibbysam
12-07-2019, 05:19 PM

Guessing that’s a typo? Definitely got to the final and got scudded off Celtic.

Billy Whizz
12-07-2019, 05:28 PM
Guessing that’s a typo? Definitely got to the final and got scudded off Celtic.

You’re right, I was getting my years mixed up
Can’t believe it’s been 18 years since the game against Albion

Billy Whizz
12-07-2019, 06:32 PM
Just watched Heckys press conference
Other than a Porteous update, no team news for tomorrow

Keith_M
12-07-2019, 06:57 PM
Curious Fact For Today.

An away game against Stirling Albion in 1980 led to Tom Hart banning Irish Tricolours from ER (at least in the home end).

A Hi-Bee
12-07-2019, 07:07 PM
Curious Fact For Today.

An away game against Stirling Albion in 1980 led to Tom Hart banning Irish Tricolours from ER (at least in the home end).

A day away to Annfield was always a good day out even if the results did not always go our way, Stirling had a good wee team in them days, and we also stole there finest ever player from them for a paltry £7,000 one of the best Hibs left backs in many yaers. (We also stole their manager as well who was great for us before he to fell out with Tom Hart)

ginger_rice
12-07-2019, 08:53 PM
A day away to Annfield was always a good day out even if the results did not always go our way, Stirling had a good wee team in them days, and we also stole there finest ever player from them for a paltry £7,000 one of the best Hibs left backs in many yaers. (We also stole their manager as well who was great for us before he to fell out with Tom Hart)

Erich Shaedler you're right being a Stirling laddie I saw him play for both teams

ginger_rice
12-07-2019, 08:59 PM
True story, as a kid I was an Albion supporter, then I went to see Albion play Hibs at Annfield, and even though Albion won 1-0 I fell in love with Hibs (I was 10 at the time), then I discovered my dad used to sneak through to Edinburgh to watch the Famous Five, mind you the first two games I saw Hibs were both at Annfield, Albion 1 Hibs 0 then Albion 4 Hibs 1 that should have given me a heads up as to how the next 52 years were going to go!

Borderhibbie76
13-07-2019, 08:08 AM
Just watched Heckys press conference
Other than a Porteous update, no team news for tomorrowIt was in the EEN on Thurs basically no Porto, Lewis, Whittaker, Gray, Boyle, Slivka and Hanlon available for 2day I believe

Sir David Gray
13-07-2019, 08:35 AM
It was in the EEN on Thurs basically no Porto, Lewis, Whittaker, Gray, Boyle, Slivka and Hanlon available for 2day I believe

So basically a full defence unavailable then!

I'm assuming we'll go with some sort of combination of;

James
Jackson
McGregor
Mackie

bingo70
13-07-2019, 08:38 AM
I’d like us to go with this side the day-

Marciano

James
Jackson
Mcgregor
Mackie

Horgan
Allan
Mallan
Newell (he’s been poor so far but hopefully just needs a goal)

Kamberi
Doidge

That centre midfield would get over run in some games but I’d hope it’d have enough tag et through today’s game.

B.H.F.C
13-07-2019, 08:45 AM
I’d like us to go with this side the day-

Marciano

James
Jackson
Mcgregor
Mackie

Horgan
Allan
Mallan
Newell (he’s been poor so far but hopefully just needs a goal)

Kamberi
Doidge

That centre midfield would get over run in some games but I’d hope it’d have enough tag et through today’s game.

Don’t think you’ll be far away with that team. Couldn’t possibly play that midfield in the league but it’ll be fine today.

Jones28
13-07-2019, 09:00 AM
An appropriate first game ever for my 13 week old daughter?

Keith_M
13-07-2019, 09:04 AM

Absolutely NO game is appropriate for a 13 week old!

Wait till she's at least 6 months and can properly enjoy it.

hibbyfraelibby
13-07-2019, 09:07 AM

No way. At that age you'll spend the entire game waiting in the nappy changing queue behind usual .net suspects who are wetting themselves over nothing...

Chefki Kuqi
13-07-2019, 09:37 AM
Pay at the gate for us?

Keith_M
13-07-2019, 09:41 AM
I think a wee wander round the grounds of Stirling Uni is in order, for neuralgic reasons.

I might even get into their Student Bar, and try the cheap beer

:wink:

Forza Fred
13-07-2019, 09:55 AM
True story, as a kid I was an Albion supporter, then I went to see Albion play Hibs at Annfield, and even though Albion won 1-0 I fell in love with Hibs (I was 10 at the time), then I discovered my dad used to sneak through to Edinburgh to watch the Famous Five, mind you the first two games I saw Hibs were both at Annfield, Albion 1 Hibs 0 then Albion 4 Hibs 1 that should have given me a heads up as to how the next 52 years were going to go!

I was st that 4-1 game in November 1966, if that is the one you refer to.

I was 16 at the time, and after the game was the first time I got steaming drunk!

My Ma was mightily impressed!

And unbeknown to me, my brother also got arrested for Breach of the Peace and subsequently fined 30 quid!

Albanian Hibs
13-07-2019, 10:01 AM

Yes why not? It's only 2 hours, in sure you will be able to fit in between her naps and feeds.

Keith_M
13-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Yes why not? It's only 2 hours, in sure you will be able to fit in between her naps and feeds.

Do they have Nappy Changing facilities at Forthbank?

If they do, and we're 1-0 down at half-time, there might be a big Queue...

Partyraiser
13-07-2019, 10:06 AM
Any recommendations for free parking near the stadium?

Sir David Gray
13-07-2019, 10:14 AM
Pay at the gate for us?

Yes.

Keith_M
13-07-2019, 10:19 AM
Any recommendations for free parking near the stadium?

There's a Car Park at the Stadium but it's probably going to be busy.

If so, the Stadium is on the edge of a big Industrial Estate with on street parking and you'll definitely get a space in there.

If you fancy a stroll, there's loads of parking in the town centre and it takes 15-20 minutes to walk to the Stadium.

G B Young
13-07-2019, 10:21 AM
Apologies if already mentioned earlier in the thread, but I remember the last time I went to a game at Stirling during our run to the Scottish Cup final of 2001 the game was played in such a thick mist that you could barely see the pitch. It was remarkable that play continued for the full 90 minutes, though we were happy enough to win (I think) 2-0.

Partyraiser
13-07-2019, 10:24 AM
There's a Car Park at the Stadium but it's probably going to be busy.

If so, the Stadium is on the edge of a big Industrial Estate with on street parking and you'll definitely get a space in there.

If you fancy a stroll, there's loads of parking in the town centre and it takes 15-20 minutes to walk to the Stadium.

Good stuff, thank you!

thegaffer12
13-07-2019, 10:48 AM
Any idea if the game will be on Hibs TV? Or a Stirling equivalent

SteveHFC
13-07-2019, 11:03 AM
First game of the season for me today. Looking forward to seeing the new players.

Iggy Pope
13-07-2019, 11:05 AM
Apologies if already mentioned earlier in the thread, but I remember the last time I went to a game at Stirling during our run to the Scottish Cup final of 2001 the game was played in such a thick mist that you could barely see the pitch. It was remarkable that play continued for the full 90 minutes, though we were happy enough to win (I think) 2-0.

Think it was 3-2 to us and I never got a good look at any of them....

ginger_rice
13-07-2019, 11:12 AM
I think a wee wander round the grounds of Stirling Uni is in order, for neuralgic reasons.

I might even get into their Student Bar, and try the cheap beer

:wink:

The Gannochy has been demolished Meadowpark has gone all posh!

Stuart93
13-07-2019, 11:18 AM
I’m hoping for an Albion drubbing

bingo70
13-07-2019, 11:20 AM

We’ve set off too early to avoid those roadworks around the ground that I see have now been cleared.

If we get parked up at the ground is there a boozer within easy walking distance of the ground?

MacBean
13-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Bit of a gathering outside 2 Baker Street

JXM73
13-07-2019, 11:28 AM
We’ve set off too early to avoid those roadworks around the ground that I see have now been cleared.

If we get parked up at the ground is there a boozer within easy walking distance of the ground?

If you're here that early head into city centre, closest pub is a brewers fayre, better choice in town...10 minute stroll in the sun....

ginger_rice
13-07-2019, 11:29 AM

There's one just next to the Holiday Inn express and a beefeater just along the road in the other direction, or over the spiky bridge at the station into the centre.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-07-2019, 12:06 PM
Plenty Hibbies soaking up the sun outside Spoons

Keith_M
13-07-2019, 12:18 PM

Im in the Uni right now.

The place is a building site and we went to The MacRobert cafe.

Keith_M
13-07-2019, 12:21 PM
If you're here that early head into city centre, closest pub is a brewers fayre, better choice in town...10 minute stroll in the sun....

Only if you're Mo Farah

Heisenberg
13-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Starting XI - Maxwell, Whittaker, Hanlon (c), Horgan, Doidge, Newell, Mallan, James, Jackson, Allan, Campbell

Subs - Marciano, McGregor, Shaw, Murray, Stirling, Mackie

No Kamberi is a bit strange.

Brightside
13-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Christ. I’d hoped for a lot better than that starting 11.

SteveHFC
Starting XI - Maxwell, Whittaker, Hanlon (c), Horgan, Doidge, Newell, Mallan, James, Jackson, Allan, Campbell

That bench confirms we need a few more players in.

JohnM1875
Yeah agree. Quite strange Flo isn't even on the bench. Considering he's scored two pre-season already and has looked decent.

Allant1981
13-07-2019, 12:59 PM
Christ. I’d hoped for a lot better than that starting 11.

Who would you have played?

Diclonius
13-07-2019, 01:06 PM
There's a few spaces left in the car park if you're quick.

hibIBZ
13-07-2019, 01:35 PM
There is a large overflow car park right behind the ground with plenty spaces when we parked about 10-15 mins ago. Stand filling up nicely as well

KWJ
13-07-2019, 01:38 PM

Very different squad to last year.

Over to you Hecky.

Carheenlea
13-07-2019, 06:47 PM
Shopping centre is pretty decent.

Plenty shops in the centre to keep her amused 👌🏼

Aye it's not Edinburgh but there are some good spots - the old arcade is worth a visit - few nice boutique shops and good eating and coffee spots in there. Between the arcade and the Thistle centre and the surrounding streets she should have plenty to keep her going. Forest area up and around the castle is also a nice bit for a walk in the trees on a good day

Cheers for the advice - she said it was a pretty decent shopping centre (Thistle) with a lot of the familiar outlets, and the kids emptied her purse in Smiggle and other child friendly spots. Pretty cheap parking too as I just wandered down from there, but not as cheap as the plentiful parking outside the ground that I wasn’t aware of until getting to the stadium. Still, with a Saturday golf medal in morning and walk to and from ground, thats 18,961 steps chalked off so far for today.