PDA

View Full Version : Players budget

Pages : [1] 2

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Sorry if I have missed this on another thread.

How can we still have the same budget for paul(leeann, stated this on hibs tv) when we don't have a commercial partner, and now have community partner.

Not critical of the decision but must mean less funds for the manager

Daniel 1875
22-06-2019, 10:24 AM
No corporate sponsor will mean less money for the club, doesn’t necessarily need to come out of the ‘playing budget’ (wages, transfers etc).

The money has either been generously donated by someone or it’s been lost from other areas of the club. No idea what sort of money is on the table for 1 year shirt sponsorship but if the playing budget isn’t affected and the Foundation is getting some good exposure then I think it’s a good initiative for one season.

Wilson
22-06-2019, 10:27 AM

How can we still have the same budget for paul(leeann, stated this on hibs tv) when we don't have a commercial partner, and now have community partner.

And if it doesn't mean less, i.e. the money the fans are throwing at the covers the difference of this commercial loss, then it surely signals a missed opportunity to provide even greater funds for the manager?

I don't see the point in folk on here dissecting Aberdeens revenue streams, and asking why we can't match them, while our club seems intent on shooting itself in the foot,

chrisski33
22-06-2019, 10:29 AM
Id rather have something like the foundation as partner rather than a commercial gambling partner.
As been said it wont affect the players budget

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 10:32 AM
And if it doesn't mean less, i.e. the money the fans are throwing at the covers the difference of this commercial loss, then it surely signals a missed opportunity to provide even greater funds for the manager?

I don't see the point in folk on here dissecting Aberdeens revenue streams, and asking why we can't match them, while our club seems intent on shooting itself in the foot,

It could also have been a great opportunity - once the point was clearly reached when they'd failed to land a commercial sponsor - to encourage many more supporters to join HSL. That would have given the HSL initiative a massive boost with front of strip visibility, helped to grow fan ownership of the club and added to the direct playing budget for PH.

Leitherhibs
22-06-2019, 10:33 AM
No corporate sponsor will mean less money for the club, doesn’t necessarily need to come out of the ‘playing budget’ (wages, transfers etc).

The money has either been generously donated by someone or it’s been lost from other areas of the club. No idea what sort of money is on the table for 1 year shirt sponsorship but if the playing budget isn’t affected and the Foundation is getting some good exposure then I think it’s a good initiative for one season.

Quoted on another thread as a difference in income of100-200k - Not as big an impact as I’d have thought.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Quoted on another thread as a difference in income of100-200k - Not as big an impact as I’d have thought.

Per season, so a three year deal (wasn't Marathon Bet 3 seasons?) is worth between £300,000 and £600,000 to the club. That's without cup final bonuses etc.

Being able to bank on either 3 or 6 hundred k over the next three years makes quite a difference, it's certainly a lot of loan repayments or debt interest covered that otherwise has to come from other sources.

LeithMike
22-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Id rather have something like the foundation as partner rather than a commercial gambling partner.
As been said it wont affect the players budgetThe truth is that it probably means the playing budget wont be cut and that the shortfall is met from other means (McGinn transfer?).

In one sense you can say the playing budget is unaffected. In another sense, however, the playing budget is affected as it could have been increased with the money now used to plug the gap.

I think there are positives from this but let's not kid ourselves that there is absolutely no impact on the playing side. Money which could have gone to the playing side is being diverted elsewhere. That may be something we are prepared to accept (as it is a more noble purpose) but it does raise questions about HSL's position that every penny matters for the playing budget and why they are geared to maximising this but the club is not.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Hibernian32
22-06-2019, 10:48 AM
I think it's a good thing we are keeping it within the hibs family if you like and helping out our own. Even tho were not a wealthy club but we are willing to maybe take a small hit for a good cause kinda is what hibs class is isn't it?

Also it's no red white and blue so it'll do

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 10:51 AM
The truth is that it probably means the playing budget wont be cut and that the shortfall is met from other means (McGinn transfer?).

In one sense you can say the playing budget is unaffected. In another sense, however, the playing budget is affected as it could have been increased with the money now used to plug the gap.

I think there are positives from this but let's not kid ourselves that there is absolutely no impact on the playing side. Money which could have gone to the playing side is being diverted elsewhere. That may be something we are prepared to accept (as it is a more noble purpose) but it does raise questions about HSL's position that every penny matters for the playing budget and why they are geared to maximising this but the club is not.

It strikes me that this is exactly the sort of issue that fan reps should get their teeth into. I'm not sure there is any more important initiative around the club at the minute than HSL for a whole host of reasons. Some transparency and clarity on this, fast, is probably a good idea before it becomes problematic. Perhaps there is a wider context - potential investors having been mentioned elsewhere, though I'm very sceptical about that - and if so I'd rather see this piece of a jigsaw credibly explained than have a ropey line on sponsorship left out there to gather barnacles.

1875Sean
22-06-2019, 10:52 AM
Per season, so a three year deal (wasn't Marathon Bet 3 seasons?) is worth between £300,000 and £600,000 to the club. That's without cup final bonuses etc.

Being able to bank on either 3 or 6 hundred k over the next three years makes quite a difference, it's certainly a lot of loan repayments or debt interest covered that otherwise has to come from other sources.

Do you know if we will stick with this current sponsorship for the next 3 years?

Brooster
22-06-2019, 10:53 AM
Epic fail by someone in the commercial department which Hibs have attempted to spin in to a positive. Disappointing when so many fans try to raise 2 or 3 hundred pounds here and there.

easty
22-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Epic fail by someone in the commercial department which Hibs have attempted to spin in to a positive. Disappointing when so many fans try to raise 2 or 3 hundred pounds here and there.

Obviously this.

We can spin it anyway we want. We’re bringing in less money than we should be. It’s not a good thing.

LeithMike
22-06-2019, 11:02 AM
Epic fail by someone in the commercial department which Hibs have attempted to spin in to a positive. Disappointing when so many fans try to raise 2 or 3 hundred pounds here and there.That's what I question Brooster. In itself this a great initiative. But, to me, charitable giving is all about motive. If the club are just doing this to spin a corporate failure then it doesn't sit too well with me. If it was a genuine decision to help less fortunate people then I'm behind it. I really hate spin though.

A lot of fans will be giving money to HSL that I am sure they could use elsewhere as they are trying to get the best Hibs team possible on the park. In making this sponsorship decision, the board are going against that. To me, there is now a disjoint between the purposes of HSL and the board.

All that said, it is good if the effect is going to be more money to people who need it.

B.H.F.C
22-06-2019, 11:07 AM

Agree and posted similar on one of the other threads. Supporters are putting in more money than ever whilst the club struggle to attract a sponsor.

The ‘football’ budget or whatever it’s called isn’t affected in the sense that it isn’t getting reduced on the back of this decision. It does mean it’s not getting increased though. Disappointing.

JimBHibees
22-06-2019, 11:08 AM

Only an epic fail if you know how much interest there was from other companies. May be that any offers weren't of a decent commercial level and the club took a decision to take on a more community based approach. It is an interesting one and making a benefit on a more longer term basis e.g the community work inspires other companies to get on board with the club.

bigwheel
22-06-2019, 11:12 AM

There is a lot of truth in this Brooster...certainly not the outcome the club would have aimed for.

I’m taking at face value that they wanted to get a non alcohol or betting company as main sponsor..so that narrows down the field and likely narrows down the offer value too..seems they have failed to get the right offer made. They will be as disappointed as anyone I suspect

You are right to point out it is disappointing due to the reach for additional funds from HSL...hopefully they will find another way to get cash injection into the club

matty_f
22-06-2019, 11:13 AM

That would only be true if the sponsorship revenue was or only income stream we have.

If the club can find that revenue elsewhere then we can cope without it. Naturally you'd rather have it than not because it would give us additional funds, but we could be in a position where, for example, the additional income from McGinn's transfer is more than we would have got in sponsorship.

We wouldn't have been able to rely on Villa getting promoted so we likely didn't budget for that money as guaranteed - so right away there's the shortfall been made up and then some.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 11:16 AM
Do you know if we will stick with this current sponsorship for the next 3 years?

No, why?

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 11:23 AM
That would only be true if the sponsorship revenue was or only income stream we have.

If the club can find that revenue elsewhere then we can cope without it. Naturally you'd rather have it than not because it would give us additional funds, but we could be in a position where, for example, the additional income from McGinn's transfer is more than we would have got in sponsorship.

We wouldn't have been able to rely on Villa getting promoted so we likely didn't budget for that money as guaranteed - so right away there's the shortfall been made up and then some.

If we also had the sponsorship money then we'd be up by both unbudgeted McGinn revenue AND sponsor income. I think it's a weak explanation from the club and a net dent in revenue whichever way you look at it.

jeffers
22-06-2019, 11:25 AM

Even if we do recoup the money elsewhere it’s still not the point IMO. We are now missing out on a revenue stream that every other club in our league will be taking advantage of.

I await the uproar if we miss out on signing Omeonga or McNulty if we can’t stretch the fee by another £150k.

LaMotta
22-06-2019, 11:26 AM
:agree:

Obviously this.

We can spin it anyway we want. We’re bringing in less money than we should be. It’s not a good thing.

:agree:

There is a lot of truth in this Brooster...certainly not the outcome the club would have aimed for.

I’m taking at face value that they wanted to get a non alcohol or betting company as main sponsor..so that narrows down the field and likely narrows down the offer value too..seems they have failed to get the right offer made. They will be as disappointed as anyone I suspect

You are right to point out it is disappointing due to the reach for additional funds from HSL...hopefully they will find another way to get cash injection into the club

I'm not buying that we wouldnt take a gambling ot alcohol sponsor.

Marathon bet chose to end the agreement or we would have kept it going.

And we have a distillery emblazoned on the back of the shirt.

Wonder why we couldnt have Eden Mill on the front as our main sponsor and get them to cough up a bit more?

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 11:27 AM
If we also had the sponsorship money then we'd be up by both unbudgeted McGinn revenue AND sponsor income. I think it's a weak explanation from the club and a net dent in revenue whichever way you look at it.

I opened the thread, and agree 100% with your comments.

Unseen work
22-06-2019, 11:29 AM
I found her interview interesting, she says a lot without saying anything of note and doesn’t really answer the questions m.

Also interesting she refers to it as a test

Speedway
22-06-2019, 11:35 AM
We’re also assuming that we haven’t be paid a marathon bet equivalent by someone to put HCF on the shirts.

Real Emerald
22-06-2019, 11:36 AM
I found her interview interesting, she says a lot without saying anything of note and doesn’t really answer the questions m.

I’ve no idea what we’re testing here. Advertising revenue is one of the main things that keeps all types of sport going. It just doesn’t make sense that we should be testing doing without it. Very strange decision or at least a very strange spin on it.

Bob Box Fish
22-06-2019, 11:39 AM

This

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 11:49 AM
We’re also assuming that we haven’t be paid a marathon bet equivalent by someone to put HCF on the shirts.

That would be fine by me. They need to say it though because otherwise this threatens HSL.

Niffy
22-06-2019, 11:50 AM
The up-spin on this is no free tables for yee-has from a corporate sponsor getting on the lash for free at every home game etc... all the associatted costs, so there's more tables to sell to punters.

Maybe.

bigwheel
22-06-2019, 11:53 AM
The up-spin on this is no free tables for yee-has from a corporate sponsor getting on the lash for free at every home game etc... all the associatted costs, so there's more tables to sell to punters.

Maybe.

Lol. Very positive spin. Although as they are laying six figures - it’s not a free table is it. It’s quite an expensive one [emoji2][emoji6]

Niffy
22-06-2019, 11:55 AM
I'm a glass 3/4 full kinda guy.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 11:57 AM
I'm a glass 3/4 full kinda guy.

I might be more into that if you would express it in decimal odds.

WhileTheChief..
22-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Every time we signed a new sponsorship deal we were delighted and went on about how it will help strengthen the team.

Now all of a sudden it makes no difference to the playing budget?!

That’s some line we’re being sold and we’re lapping it up. Imagine if Rod did this a few years ago?

Or if any other club did the same? We’d be ripping them apart for failing to find a sponsor.

Jack
22-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Hibs not willing to sell themselves cheaply?

Hibs listening to supporters who aren't keen on drink or betting companies look elsewhere only find there isn't much else out there. Eden Mills contract is most likely a continuing one so is still active.

We're quick to slag off the Scottish football authorities for selling off the game too cheaply. "We should do our own thing" cry the baying crowd, Hibs do their own thing and get slagged off by the baying crowd!

I understand the deal is for this season and we'll take it from there.

weecounty hibby
22-06-2019, 12:29 PM

Hibs listening to supporters who aren't keen on drink or betting companies look elsewhere only find there isn't much else out there. Eden Mills contract is most likely a continuing one so is still active.

We're quick to slag off the Scottish football authorities for selling off the game too cheaply. "We should do our own thing" cry the baying crowd, Hibs do their own thing and get slagged off by the baying crowd!

This 100%. I said it on another thread I would rather we did this than literally sell the jerseys too cheaply. Who knows how much we were offered? We may have been offered pretty poor terms and have done something innovative and in line with the Hibs original ethos. Someone said earlier we should have got Eden Mill to be main sponsor and tell them to cough up more money. Aye right cos that's how it works right enough.
Well done Hibs, a great and forward thinking move. It's only a matter of time that gambling and alcohol ads are banned in this country anyway

04Sauzee
22-06-2019, 12:33 PM

Agreed and fantastic post

MyJo
22-06-2019, 12:41 PM
income as a result of Villa’s promotion and the extra money this got us from the McGinn deal.

This wouldn’t have been accounted for when deciding the budget for this season. Having that spare money allows the playing budget to be maintained at expected levels despite the drop in sponsorship income.

If figures being banded about are accurate then we’re over half a million up from Villa’s promotion and about £150k down for the season by not having a shirt sponsor.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 12:44 PM

Have you a link to the interview please?

BoomtownHibees
22-06-2019, 12:45 PM
income as a result of Villa’s promotion and the extra money this got us from the McGinn deal.

This wouldn’t have been accounted for when deciding the budget for this season. Having that spare money allows the playing budget to be maintained at expected levels despite the drop in sponsorship income.

If figures being banded about are accurate then we’re over half a million up from Villa’s promotion and about £150k down for the season by not having a shirt sponsor.

That’s still £150k lower than what we could have had rather than £350k up in my eyes

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 12:49 PM
I’m still hoping there’s outside investment who didn’t want to put the name on the top but will be paying a sponsorship fee on the basis the foundation is on the front, perhaps to butter us all up if the club are handing shares to said investors also.

JimBHibees
22-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Have you a link to the interview please?

On Hibs twitter. As always I think she communicates very well.

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 01:10 PM
On Hibs twitter. As always I think she communicates very well.

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC

Thanks 👍 can’t see any interview though.

Billy Whizz
22-06-2019, 01:13 PM
Thanks �� can’t see any interview though.

https://m.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2FHibernianTV

Lago
22-06-2019, 01:13 PM

You've nailed it, Hibs should be doing everything in their power to bring cash into the club. It's a very altruistic move on the club's part, but can a Scottish club in a poorly financed league really afford it.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 01:23 PM
https://m.youtube.com/user/HibernianTV?desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2FHibernianTV

Cheers Billy got it now thanks.

Jack
22-06-2019, 03:15 PM
You've nailed it, Hibs should be doing everything in their power to bring cash into the club. It's a very altruistic move on the club's part, but can a Scottish club in a poorly financed league really afford it.

So the club should accept any deal, even a bad one?

JohnM1875
22-06-2019, 03:19 PM
So the club should accept any deal, even a bad one?

Surely any deal that was offered (there were a few according to Leanne) would have been better financially for us than the Foundation sponsorship deal though?

For the record I actually love the direction we're going with this and totally back the clubs decision.

PH91
22-06-2019, 03:23 PM
That’s still £150k lower than what we could have had rather than £350k up in my eyes

Its not if no sponsor would pay it!

Sounds like Hibs had a few poor offers from sponsors and rather than accept a crap deal over the next (say) 3 years we have given the shirt space to HCF and given ourselves a year to find and negotiate a better one. Maybe a 2 year deal from next year will bring in more money than the 3 year deals on the table now.

keith_darcy
22-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Its not if no sponsor would pay it!

Sounds like Hibs had a few poor offers from sponsors and rather than accept a crap deal over the next (say) 3 years we have given the shirt space to HCF and given ourselves a year to find and negotiate a better one. Maybe a 2 year deal from next year will bring in more money than the 3 year deals on the table now.

Agree with this. Plus MarathonBets sponsorship included advertisement in and around the ground which can now be sold off to other parties to help make up some of the difference.

I fully believe Hibs know what they’re doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2019, 03:36 PM
This will be brought up after every bad result all season

Since452
22-06-2019, 03:39 PM
I don't believe for a second one of the biggest clubs in Scotland got a poor sponsorship offer

HFC93
22-06-2019, 03:41 PM
No deal is better than a bad deal :wink:

barcahibs
22-06-2019, 03:51 PM
Delighted to have the community foundation on the front of the jersey and utterly confident that LD and the club's financial team know more what they're doing - and the actual al financial situation of the club - than anyone posting on here.

I hope this marks the beginnings of a deeper engagememt with the community foundation and Hibs becoming more of a community focused club.

Wakeyhibee
22-06-2019, 03:54 PM
Taking us from 8th to 5th put £300k back in the coffers. so maybe this in part covers it.

WhileTheChief..
22-06-2019, 03:57 PM
We finished 4th last year not 8th so...

bigwheel
22-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Agree with this. Plus MarathonBets sponsorship included advertisement in and around the ground which can now be sold off to other parties to help make up some of the difference.

I fully believe Hibs know what they’re doing.

There have been advertisement boards up around the ground for the last two seasons that were not paid for - so it’s not as if we are selling out those currently

CockneyRebel
22-06-2019, 04:04 PM
I don't believe for a second one of the biggest clubs in Scotland got a poor sponsorship offer

Could easily have happened if you take tobacco and drink companies off the table.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 04:07 PM
We finished 4th last year not 8th so...

Think the poster meant 5th from 8th got us ££ when Lennon left.

weecounty hibby
22-06-2019, 04:09 PM
I think that's the point, companies just don't see Scottish football as value for money. One company that I do business with moved from sponsoring der hun to Newcastle as they felt it was much better for their company and more high profile. Only a few hours on the train for their clients as well. I'm not sure we would have been getting offers of £250k to £300k as some seem to be alluding to

LaMotta
22-06-2019, 04:24 PM
This 100%. I said it on another thread I would rather we did this than literally sell the jerseys too cheaply. Who knows how much we were offered? We may have been offered pretty poor terms and have done something innovative and in line with the Hibs original ethos. Someone said earlier we should have got Eden Mill to be main sponsor and tell them to cough up more money. Aye right cos that's how it works right enough.
Well done Hibs, a great and forward thinking move. It's only a matter of time that gambling and alcohol ads are banned in this country anyway

Drivel from start to finish.

Since452
22-06-2019, 04:25 PM
White and Mackay were paying Hibs 200k per season back in 2004. Puts it in perspective.

Niffy
22-06-2019, 04:28 PM
Won the League Cup in 91 without a sponsor mind

The Modfather
22-06-2019, 04:31 PM
If Hibs were happy to write off the sponsorship fee and absorb it somewhere else like the the McGinn bonus I’d have preferred to get a sponsor and use that money for the fans. Fix some of the things we have been complaining about for years e.g. catering and the sound system.

Since452
22-06-2019, 04:36 PM
If Hibs were happy to write off the sponsorship fee and absorb it somewhere else like the the McGinn bonus I’d have preferred to get a sponsor and use that money for the fans. Fix some of the things we have been complaining about for years e.g. catering and the sound system.

Or the bloody sniffer dogs and cctv Leeann was banging on about

FitbaFolkKen
22-06-2019, 04:40 PM
If the shirt offers have been low then doing something like this shows that we won’t accept a low offer next year. It may well be that shirt sponsorship costs have been dropping for years and this is an attempt to move them in the opposite direction while also doing something positive and a bit different.

I wouldn’t describe it as an epic fail as it has been earlier as I suspect there will be a fair amount of strategy involved.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 04:46 PM
If the shirt offers have been low then doing something like this shows that we won’t accept a low offer next year. It may well be that shirt sponsorship costs have been dropping for years and this is an attempt to move them in the opposite direction while also doing something positive and a bit different.

I wouldn’t describe it as an epic fail as it has been earlier as I suspect there will be a fair amount of strategy involved.

I really hope you are right but I suspect that there is very little strategy involved, principally because of the apparent delay in releasing the new kits and what looks and feels very much like a last minute cover story as regards the Foundation option. If we were going this path as part of a more deeply thought out strategy you would have expected the strips and the Foundation choice to have been announced a good deal earlier.

Mikey
22-06-2019, 04:47 PM
This is the sort of thing that the Fans Reps could easily clear up. They will have been at the board meeting(s) discussing it.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 04:49 PM
This is the sort of thing that the Fans Reps could easily clear up. They will have been at the board meeting(s) discussing it.

You would hope so and I think it would be very helpful if they did.

DetroitHibs
22-06-2019, 04:52 PM
All the chat about the McGinn money offsetting the loss.... We don’t have a Scooby Doo what kind of add ons if at all any were involved. We are constantly in the dark about our financial dealings and have no clue if we are getting a good deal. Motherwell had no problem saying what they are asking for or got for Turnbull, pretty transparent. The club should be out hustling trying to make a buck any which way they can. A club of our stature and set up should clearly be able to attract a decent sponsorship.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 04:55 PM

Probably be confidentially muted tbh.

Mikey
22-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Probably be confidentially muted tbh.

We don't need the fine points, just confirmation that it was the best option compared to the 2 deals turned down. And if it's simply a cover up, as some obviously feel it is, they should come out and say it.

MrRobot
22-06-2019, 05:09 PM
A club of Hibs size being able to say no to income through a sponsorship deal is pretty ballsy and says a lot about the position the club are in from a financial point of view.

If it doesn’t impact the playing budget and helps the foundation, I’m not entirely sure why people are viewing this as a bad thing. It also looks pretty cool on the shirt.

tonyrougier123
22-06-2019, 05:19 PM
If hibs sell 50k shirts adding an extra fiver revenue to each by getting the logo printed,thats a decent amount of cash.

This is an opportunity to grow both hibs and the foundation.

Shirt sponsors are probably no what they were a few years ago,although ive always wanted to see hibs sponsored by BARR as both became to be in 1875 plus good scottish brand.

James Stephen
22-06-2019, 06:22 PM

I agree.

I took from what she said that the club had opportunities, but they weren't what we were after, therefore we deemed no deal to be better than a bad deal (to steal a topical phrase 😀) because we could attempt to grow the club and income in other ways (I.e. the foundation).

I wonder if maybe betting sponsors are getting nervous about over exposure to small clubs, increasing the risk of severe regulation of betting sponsorship, for little gain for them.

Or if the market is just falling out of old school shirt sponsorship for smaller clubs like us, and marathon would simply rather chuck another few hundred thousand at online advertising.

Either way, it's not good for the club (at least in the short term), and it does seem like a PR solution to a commercial problem. That being said, what were hibs supposed to do, once they had failed to get the deal we were looking for? We've made the best of a bad situation.

It's definitely less money for Hibs though, which is not good given the financial advantages our two peer clubs already have over us.

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 06:34 PM
I agree.

I took from what she said that the club had opportunities, but they weren't what we were after, therefore we deemed no deal to be better than a bad deal (to steal a topical phrase 😀) because we could attempt to grow the club and income in other ways (I.e. the foundation).

I wonder if maybe betting sponsors are getting nervous about over exposure to small clubs, increasing the risk of severe regulation of betting sponsorship, for little gain for them.

Or if the market is just falling out of old school shirt sponsorship for smaller clubs like us, and marathon would simply rather chuck another few hundred thousand at online advertising.

Either way, it's not good for the club (at least in the short term), and it does seem like a PR solution to a commercial problem. That being said, what were hibs supposed to do, once they had failed to get the deal we were looking for? We've made the best of a bad situation.

It's definitely less money for Hibs though, which is not good given the financial advantages our two peer clubs already have over us.

Leeann is paid to be ceo of a business.

Her targets will include -

Maximising revenue streams.

Increase margin and profit.

Cost control.

Three year revenue forecast.

She was rewarded when we won the cup.

The termination contract will our main partner would be a minimum six month period.

Sorry major mistake here, which they are trying to cover up.

Are you really telling me that hibs can't find a commercial partner.

I'd also add that Rod is not blameless here .
This should have been item one on the monthly board meeting.

Clarence
22-06-2019, 06:40 PM
It does seem weird that practically every club in the world for going on the last 40 years, has decided to get a commercial shirt sponsor but now we don’t see it as necessary.

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2019, 06:51 PM
It does seem weird that practically every club in the world for going on the last 40 years, has decided to get a commercial shirt sponsor but now we don’t see it as necessary.

Barcelona won a treble without one

Ringothedog
22-06-2019, 06:53 PM

Our neighbours across the city have not had a commercial sponsor for 2 years

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Our neighbours across the city have not had a commercial sponsor for 2 years

Benefactors money pays for that including the owner.

James Stephen
22-06-2019, 07:03 PM

Cost control.

The termination contract will our main partner would be a minimum six month period.

Well clearly Hibs couldn't get a commercial sponsor, I'm speculating as to why that might be the case. The whole board are responsible for oversight, but I'd agree with you that this sits squarely at the CEOs door

My guess is there was a deal(s) on offer, but they were of such low value or from such disreputable sources, that they were deemed not suitable.

It's hard to judge that decision without knowing the ins and outs, but as i said this is a PR solution to a commerixal problem, and I do think it's a problem - whatever way we cut it, it's less money for (at least) a year relative to our rivals.

Lago
22-06-2019, 07:10 PM
OK, I'll show my ignorance here but, what is the foundation, what is the connection with Hibs, how is it financed & what financial benefits are there to Hibs ?

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Well clearly Hibs couldn't get a commercial sponsor, I'm speculating as to why that might be the case. The whole board are responsible for oversight, but I'd agree with you that this sits squarely at the CEOs door

My guess is there was a deal(s) on offer, but they were of such low value or from such disreputable sources, that they were deemed not suitable.

It's hard to judge that decision without knowing the ins and outs, but as i said this is a PR solution to a commerixal problem, and I do think it's a problem - whatever way we cut it, it's less money for (at least) a year relative to our rivals.

Thanks.

Another objective leeann would have is management of key suppliers and partners.

I'd rather they told the truth, we have all made mistakes in business, but ultimately hibs are a business, and she has failed.

I would add that I am a huge fan of her.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 07:12 PM
OK, I'll show my ignorance here but, what is the foundation, what is the connection with Hibs, how is it financed & what financial benefits are there to Hibs ?

They look after the ladies team I think.

The goal of the sponsorship is to ultimately gain publicity and questions such as yours I suppose. I would rather people donate to HSL and not dilute it with this but that’s just my opinion.

Eyrie
22-06-2019, 07:17 PM

The goal of the sponsorship is to ultimately gain publicity and questions such as yours I suppose. I would rather people donate to HSL and not dilute it with this but that’s just my opinion.

Most of the Foundation's income is from restricted grants by funders rather than donations by the public.

jabis
22-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Got halfway through the first page.....Hibernian Football Club are trying to be a COMMUNITY entity in Leith.

Suck it and support it,see how it goes.

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Got halfway through the first page.....Hibernian Football Club are trying to be a COMMUNITY entity in Leith.

Suck it and support it,see how it goes.

Hibs play a huge role in the community, but ultimately we are a business.

Revenue gets us more money and more transfer budget, at least that is what we have been told for decades

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Most of the Foundation's income is from restricted grants by funders rather than donations by the public.

Is that still what we are advertising with this?

Lago
22-06-2019, 07:29 PM

Bit of a worry if as I read it, it could be diluting income to the main ( men's ) club, the way it was explaine on the video tended to point to it as being of financial benefit to the club in the longer term. Time will tell I suppose.

Silky
22-06-2019, 07:36 PM

Why?

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 07:38 PM
Bit of a worry if as I read it, it could be diluting income to the main ( men's ) club, the way it was explaine on the video tended to point to it as being of financial benefit to the club in the longer term. Time will tell I suppose.

Like the poster Mikey suggested earlier it would be nice if the fans rep could find out the overall picture and let us know after the next board meeting. I’m sure KP will try and get as much info as possible. Just have to wait and see, after the announcement reality has kind of kicked in and there is more questions than answers in all of this.

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 07:44 PM
Like the poster Mikey suggested earlier it would be nice if the fans rep could find out the overall picture and let us know after the next board meeting. I’m sure KP will try and get as much info as possible. Just have to wait and see, after the announcement reality has kind of kicked in and there is more questions than answers in all of this.

The fans reps are great, but they will have no details on what happened.

The board meeting will be a general update.

The real talking is leeann financial director and Rod.

Lago
22-06-2019, 07:47 PM

👍

LeithMike
22-06-2019, 07:49 PM
Would like to hear views of official HSL too.

Peevemor
22-06-2019, 07:50 PM
Could it be that a sponsor was lined up but the deal collapsed late in the process? This could happen for a number of reasons, one being a change in strategy at (the sponsor's) board level - in my work I've seen this happening with pretty incredible consequences. It could even be that they tried to change/reduce the terms and Hibs told them to do one.

The club wouldn't publicise this as it would effect the confidence of potential future sponsors.

Anything could have happened. If I remember correctly the Frank Graham Company went down the tubes when their name was still on our shirts.

Some people are too quick to criticise the club over anything that doesn't happen the way that they think it should.

lord bunberry
22-06-2019, 07:51 PM

They run the ladies team and the girls youth teams. Parents pay monthly subs for the girls just like you would for any kids football team. The foundation do a great job and as they’re associated with the club the kids get plenty chances to be around the stadium and they play home games at the training centre.

Peevemor
22-06-2019, 07:52 PM
The fans' rep won't contradict anything that Leeann has said.

Saturday Boy
22-06-2019, 07:57 PM

Copied from the Community Foundation website:

Hibernian Football Club has a long and proud tradition of working to support local communities. The creation of the Hibernian Community Foundation as an independent charity in 2008 signalled a clear commitment to step up the efforts to have wider scope and greater impact.

Since it was established, the Hibernian Community Foundation has brought opportunities and enjoyment to many people. The creation of the Hibernian Learning Centre in the South Stand at Easter Road Stadium in 2009 has enabled us to support the community in many different ways and is the hub of all our activity.

The Foundation has contributed to ground breaking work in disability football, support for people moving into employment, educational tours for local schools and various activities to improve the health and fitness of male and female members of the Hibernian family. And the breadth and depth of our activity continues to grow.

Key to our approach is partnership with fans, volunteers, Hibernian Football Club and a wide range of organisations who share our hopes and aspirations. We know that by working together we can achieve much more – creating positive impact in our community and bringing a sense of achievement and enjoyment for all who are involved.

LeithMike
22-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Some people are too quick to criticise the club over anything that doesn't happen the way that they think it should.

Most of what I have read is healthy questioning rather than criticism. It's hard to criticise the end result too if a charity is benefitting.

Too often on here, threads are polarised into those who are for the Board and those who are against. There's always a balance and its healthy to analyse, question and challenge.

The sponsorship deal may be best but there are lots of unanswered questions and I dont think it's right that we just have to accept it because it's what the Board say. Boards/CEs are always protecting other interests. Just look at Boeing. There may be perfectly plausible explanations but fans have the right to ask the question and it's up to us to hold the Board accountable.

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 08:07 PM
Bottom line is we need the truth,not a recovery position.

We are entitled to that as shareholders and clients.

A top six football team based in Edinburgh can't find a commercial partner??

Huge error from the ceo and the board.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 08:22 PM

I remember you questioned me being hibs for less around the Lennon ***** time but for what it’s worth I agree.

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2019, 08:23 PM

We're entitled to nothing but entry to the games we pay for. There is nothing in any shareholder agreement that they owe us explanation for decisions.

Why not see how this turns out instead of panicking and demanding explanation?

PH91
22-06-2019, 08:25 PM

The truth is there were sponsors on the table but Hibs chose to go down another route, whether it be for the short or long term benefit to the club.

Until such time where Hibs are not punching their weight and/or are using the lack of a sponsor as an excuse for underperformance then i dont believe you are entitled to anything more.

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 08:26 PM
I remember you questioned me being hibs for less around the Lennon ***** time but for what it’s worth I agree.

Cheers, we all love the club.

They are quick at asking fans to do there bit.

This position is untenable, unless someone is putting in the equivalent of the marathon bet deal.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 08:29 PM
We're entitled to nothing but entry to the games we pay for. There is nothing in any shareholder agreement that they owe us explanation for decisions.

Why not see how this turns out instead of panicking and demanding explanation?

Not strictly true when the club are encouraging supporters to set up donations to the HSL to give the club more money whilst neglecting sponsorship losing the club money. There will be a shortfall somewhere unless it’s topped up by some mystery person like over the road.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 08:30 PM

This position is untenable, unless someone is putting in the equivalent of the marathon bet deal.

👍 no bother mate, said the same myself.

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Not strictly true when the club are encouraging supporters to set up donations to the HSL to give the club more money whilst neglecting sponsorship losing the club money. There will be a shortfall somewhere unless it’s topped up by some mystery person like over the road.

None of that is mandatory and none of it entitles anyone to anything.

DetroitHibs
22-06-2019, 08:33 PM
The club are always asking the fans for financial support. Wether it be season tickets, shirts, brick on the wall or HSL. And the fans give and give. What pisses me off is the way we are treated. Everything is confidential, fans are told next to nothing.

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 08:38 PM
The club are always asking the fans for financial support. Wether it be season tickets, shirts, brick on the wall or HSL. And the fans give and give. What pisses me off is the way we are treated. Everything is confidential, fans are told next to nothing.

Great Post.

I will say it again, as shareholders and customers we are entitled to know the truth.

I would be happy if they held there hands up and admitted the error.

We could rally behind them but they don't and they are not telling the truth.

Ffs, we have been through a lot worse.

Rumble de Thump
22-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Great Post.

I will say it again, as shareholders and customers we are entitled to know the truth.

I would be happy if they held there hands up and admitted the error.

We could rally behind them but they don't and they are not telling the truth.

Ffs, we have been through a lot worse.

What is it they've lied about? If you know they've lied then you obviously know what the truth is. So what is it?

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 08:43 PM
None of that is mandatory and none of it entitles anyone to anything.

I thought we had turned a corner with the cloak and dagger be told what the club want us to know period. Nothings entitled but a transparent Hibs will keep the support more on side.

Beefster
22-06-2019, 08:43 PM

You make it sound like you’re handing over money for nothing in return, which is unlikely to be the case.

You’re being asked to buy goods and services from the club you support. I buy trainers from Adidas but don’t expect to get the inside track on their business dealings as a side perk.

I’m not sure why you think buying a ticket or brick entitles you to confidential commercial information tbh.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 08:45 PM
What is it they've lied about? If you know they've lied then you obviously know what the truth is. So what is it?

Poster hasn’t said the club have lied. More of not being forthcoming with why we have ended up in this situation. We didn’t want a sponsor that was offered with the strips on sale ages after loads of other clubs doesn’t really wash well.

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 08:46 PM

I think they have been economical with the truth.

In my personal opinion, it's unthinkable that hibs can't attract a partner.

I believe the failure is basic management within the club.

And it happens, but just be honest with us.

MWHIBBIES
22-06-2019, 08:48 PM
I thought we had turned a corner with the cloak and dagger be told what the club want us to know period. Nothings entitled but a transparent Hibs will keep the support more on side.

No, a winning Hibs will do that. 150k people didn't turn up to the Scottish cup parade because we issued a few statements telling us our catering will be changing or anything else that doesn't really matter. Judge these decisions on the results that come from them.

flash
22-06-2019, 08:48 PM

I take it you don't know the meaning of untenable.

Rumble de Thump
22-06-2019, 08:50 PM

So you're imagining there's been some sort of failure? And, therefore, the club aren't being honest unless they say what you've imagined?

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 08:50 PM

Yes I do.

PH91
22-06-2019, 08:52 PM

Hibs have stated they had offers but chose not to pursue them.

As long as Hibs are performing on the ptich then there is no failure.

WhileTheChief..
22-06-2019, 08:53 PM

You’re no more ignorant than practically everyone else on here!

There’s probable been more google searches for it today that since it was formed.

Folk saying it’s brilliant when nobody has a clue what they do. Guess we’ll find out through the season.

Saturday Boy
22-06-2019, 08:56 PM

I think there’s a few posters that are un-Tena-able

Vault Boy
22-06-2019, 08:59 PM
You make it sound like you’re handing over money for nothing in return, which is unlikely to be the case.

You’re being asked to buy goods and services from the club you support. I buy trainers from Adidas but don’t expect to get the inside track on their business dealings as a side perk.

I’m not sure why you think buying a ticket or brick entitles you to confidential commercial information tbh.

Completely agree with this post.

It's also worth noting that Hibs don't just conceal their sensitive financial information from the fans, they do so from every public entity outwith their bank(s) and HMRC, as they should. It's not spiteful, it's how every good business should be run.

It's vital that we don't leak important information to our rivals, or potential business partners. It would be so detrimental to the club to highlight and detail any internal issues that cause decisions like this to be made, so why on earth would we do that just to make some nosey folk happy to see their assumptions about our marketing/commercial department ratified?

The club owes us no explanation other than the fine one they have released.

DetroitHibs
22-06-2019, 09:11 PM
I can’t believe people buy in to the spiel the club have fed us however long Rod’s been here. The wage structure won’t be broken for individual players as it disrupts the squad. That line was spouted however long ago and is still being used. Look at every other club, they have players that earn double what others are on and it’s not an issue. Hearts paying Lafferty or whoever the next big signing double everyone else never creates a problem.

Then there’s the whole undisclosed fee that we keep rolling out. That’s the party line so we don’t get fleeced when buying a player. Absolute bollocks. They don’t tell us the fee as fans would want that money spent back in to the squad. Motherwell have no issues saying they want and are getting 3 million for Turnbull and will invest in the squad. We can the world that we sold 12,000 season tickets worth about 2.5 million, but not what we got for SJM or his add ons.

22-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Could it be that a sponsor was lined up but the deal collapsed late in the process? This could happen for a number of reasons, one being a change in strategy at (the sponsor's) board level - in my work I've seen this happening with pretty incredible consequences. It could even be that they tried to change/reduce the terms and Hibs told them to do one.

The club wouldn't publicise this as it would effect the confidence of potential future sponsors.

Anything could have happened. If I remember correctly the Frank Graham Company went down the tubes when their name was still on our shirts.

You could be right. Maybe a deal collapsed around the time of the Buckfast bottle incident, the Tavernier incident or the Zlamal incident. Maybe that's partly why Leeann seemed so exasperated when she spoke out about them, imagine trying to sell the benefits of sponsoring the club whilst the press were all over these incidents.

ElginHibbie
22-06-2019, 09:19 PM
I can’t believe people buy in to the spiel the club have fed us however long Rod’s been here. The wage structure won’t be broken for individual players as it disrupts the squad. That line was spouted however long ago and is still being used. Look at every other club, they have players that earn double what others are on and it’s not an issue. Hearts paying Lafferty or whoever the next big signing double everyone else never creates a problem.

Then there’s the whole undisclosed fee that we keep rolling out. That’s the party line so we don’t get fleeced when buying a player. Absolute bollocks. They don’t tell us the fee as fans would want that money spent back in to the squad. Motherwell have no issues saying they want and are getting 3 million for Turnbull and will invest in the squad. We can the world that we sold 12,000 season tickets worth about 2.5 million, but not what we got for SJM or his add ons.

Mothewell haven't said a figure or that the money will go into squad though have they? Just that it's a record fee and will be 'transformational'

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 09:21 PM
Completely agree with this post.

It's also worth noting that Hibs don't just conceal their sensitive financial information from the fans, they do so from every public entity outwith their bank(s) and HMRC, as they should. It's not spiteful, it's how every good business should be run.

It's vital that we don't leak important information to our rivals, or potential business partners. It would be so detrimental to the club to highlight and detail any internal issues that cause decisions like this to be made, so why on earth would we do that just to make some nosey folk happy to see their assumptions about our marketing/commercial department ratified?

The club owes us no explanation other than the fine one they have released.

The club needs to explain why we had no succession plans after marathon bet.

We should have four companies chasing our business.

We are a top six club, based in Edinburgh, with a marketable fan base.

Somebody or something has gone seriously wrong.

And if the offers were not good enough, tell us why.

As shareholders we are entitled to know.

Lago
You’re no more ignorant than practically everyone else on here!

There’s probable been more google searches for it today that since it was formed.

Folk saying it’s brilliant when nobody has a clue what they do. Guess we’ll find out through the season.
I am not alone then, that makes me feel better, but I do feel there's been a bit of a cop out as far as this is concerned.

PH91

Read the post above yours, it's spot on.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 09:35 PM

Blame the fans for it then? Are you actually serious?

jacomo
22-06-2019, 09:40 PM
I agree.

I think you are spot on here.

The sponsorship market is really tough. But if shirt sales and support for the foundation increase then the financial hit might not be so bad.

Rumble de Thump
22-06-2019, 09:41 PM

What does this mean? Who is blaming the fans for what?

DetroitHibs
22-06-2019, 09:42 PM

Maybe spot on in your opinion. In my opinion the club have underachieved for a very long time, with glimpses here and there.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 09:44 PM

The post above Detroit’s quoted post blamed the fans for incidents. Sorry.

HFC93
22-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Loads of clubs do this or have done. Middlesbrough will have a local hospice as their shirt sponsor for 19/20. Curious if they're fuming about this on Boro.net.

PH91
22-06-2019, 09:50 PM
The post above Detroit’s quoted post blamed the fans for incidents. Sorry.

No it didn't. Vault Boy made an excellent post.

bigwheel
22-06-2019, 09:50 PM
Loads of clubs do this or have done. Middlesbrough will have a local hospice as their shirt sponsor for 19/20. Curious if they're fuming about this on Boro.net.

Perhaps they meant that to happen...that’s not what’s happened here....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HFC93
22-06-2019, 09:55 PM
Perhaps they meant that to happen...that’s not what’s happened here....

So Hibs didn't mean to have the Hibernian Community Foundation as shirt sponsor? Must have missed that

Jones28
22-06-2019, 09:55 PM

Oh FFS give over will you?

The club have said they have chosen to go down a different route, this could be to do with the John McGinn situation that has given the club a windfall, as well as a chance to give something back to a community foundation that supports the people of Leith and beyond.

I don't understand the anger towards a club who are doing something altruistic with something usually associated with alcohol or bookmakers.

PH91
22-06-2019, 09:56 PM
Maybe spot on in your opinion. In my opinion the club have underachieved for a very long time, with glimpses here and there.

Imo the club have not under achieved since LD came in and certainly have not under achieved since they announced there would be no sponsor this year.

In any case, i responded to a post that said nothing about achievement but bemoaned why the club does not announce transfer and wage figures. Vault Boys post was spot on in that regard.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 09:58 PM

I said his quoted post not actual post.

dunfyhibby
22-06-2019, 10:05 PM

The club have said they have chosen to go down a different route, this could be to do with the John McGinn situation that has given the club a windfall, as well as a chance to give something back to a community foundation that supports the people of Leith and beyond.

I don't understand the anger towards a club who are doing something altruistic with something usually associated with alcohol or bookmakers.

Well said you!
Some people on here are never f***in happy what the club does! Why support them then?? Just don’t get it!

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 10:05 PM

Yes all good but if marathon bet had of stayed would they gave done? Or if a new deal had been to liking? Happy club have done this but not sure it's to save faces. Revenue has been lost that we normally had coming in

Jones28
22-06-2019, 10:07 PM
Yes all good but if marathon bet had of stayed would they gave done? Or if a new deal had been to liking? Happy club have done this but not sure it's to save faces. Revenue has been lost that we normally had coming in

Probably not, because the revenue was coming in and it would likely have been announced some time ago if they'd renewed their deal.

I'd be willing to bet that money coming from McGinn getting promoted with Villa would cover it with change left over.

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Probably not, because the revenue was coming in and it would likely have been announced some time ago if they'd renewed their deal.

I'd be willing to bet that money coming from McGinn getting promoted with Villa would cover it with change left over.

Yes but could have had mcginn money plus sponsor money.

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 10:14 PM

And that must be a figure to pay a wage another player

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 10:15 PM

👍

matty_f
22-06-2019, 10:22 PM

Can you point to a quote from anyone at the club regarding the wage structure or a maximum wage being in place that prevents one player having a much higher wage, please?

I can't remember that ever being said by the club.

Jones28
22-06-2019, 10:22 PM

Or could have had money for old rope AND helped the community foundation too, while taking in money paid for cracking new strips. Oh wait we did that, and should be glad we did.

bigwheel
22-06-2019, 10:23 PM
So Hibs didn't mean to have the Hibernian Community Foundation as shirt sponsor? Must have missed that

Eh no.......perhaps Boro meant theirs to happen....

Jones28
22-06-2019, 10:25 PM

Tell the story then.

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 10:26 PM
Or could have had money for old rope AND helped the community foundation too, while taking in money paid for cracking new strips. Oh wait we did that, and should be glad we did.

Not sure I get hibs would sell any old rope if could. I believe a good cause and not against I'm more worried the spin being used what else could they get up too. Their job is to secure best budget possible. Strip cracking but also late in coming out

Jones28
22-06-2019, 10:28 PM
Not sure I get hibs would sell any old rope if could. I believe a good cause and not against I'm more worried the spin being used what else could they get up too. Their job is to secure best budget possible. Strip cracking but also late in coming out

Was it? I must have missed the date the club stated the strip would be released and then missed.

HFC93
22-06-2019, 10:29 PM

Please expand

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 10:30 PM
Was it? I must have missed the date the club stated the strip would be released and then missed.

If out early June a month of sales in summer budget already

w pilton hibby
22-06-2019, 10:31 PM

Give us the story then.

Jones28
22-06-2019, 10:32 PM
If out early June a month of sales in summer budget already

So people aren't going to bother because it was out a week after they thought it would be you mean?

Pish IMO, especially when the strips look that good and are helping a good cause.

Vault Boy
22-06-2019, 10:32 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I think if the club said any more than they have, it would only hurt our negotiating position going forward.

The club can't share sensitive information with the fans, even if we are 'shareholders,' without it becoming common knowledge to every media outlet in the country. That's just not viable.

Vault Boy
22-06-2019, 10:34 PM

I don't usually do that so please savour the moment. 😉

pacorosssco
So people aren't going to bother because it was out a week after they thought it would be you mean?

Pish IMO, especially when the strips look that good and are helping a good cause.

Didnt say that stated we would have had more money banked by this point

DarlingtonHibee
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I think if the club said any more than they have, it would only hurt our negotiating position going forward.

The club can't share sensitive information with the fans, even if we are 'shareholders,' without it becoming common knowledge to every media outlet in the country. That's just not viable.

Respect your opinion my friend

Surely hibs can attract a commercial sponsor?

Jones28
22-06-2019, 10:38 PM
Didnt say that stated we would have had more money banked by this point

We've brought players in without that though, and will now bring more in.

There are a select group of people every year who will kick the club about everything. It seems to rotate but they can't get anything right can they?

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 10:40 PM

There are a select group of people every year who will kick the club about everything. It seems to rotate but they can't get anything right can they?

I'm not a kicker unless it's rod and as stated not unhappy with community deal but I am concerned how it's all been handled.

Vault Boy
22-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Respect your opinion my friend

Surely hibs can attract a commercial sponsor?

Absolutely, we'd surely be one of the most attractive prospects for any business looking to sponsor a club in Scotland. I completely get why that makes the situation an interesting one that fans are desperate to know more about! I just don't think it's in the best interest of the club to detail everything. (That's if there's anymore to tell).

FWIW, I believe Dempster when she says we had offers that we turned down. Reading between the lines, it seems that the financial gains weren't worth the moral sacrifice/potential degradation of our kit. I honestly see that as a positive, it means the club aren't desperate for any cash they can get a hold of, unlike some other teams we could name...

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 10:53 PM
Well said you!
Some people on here are never f***in happy what the club does! Why support them then?? Just don’t get it!

Never happy? The club has failed to secure a sponsor it seems. It’s what this thread is about. Apart from that and any possible neglected parts of the club that the downfall will effect most of us are happy.

Jack
22-06-2019, 10:53 PM

Cost control.

You just made that up.

DetroitHibs
22-06-2019, 10:54 PM
Here’s a spin.... Maybe the rumors are true about the club being bought and the potential owners don’t want the sponsors that have been presented :cb

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 10:55 PM
You just made that up.

?

Jack
22-06-2019, 10:55 PM

Et tu, Brute?

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 10:56 PM
Here’s a spin.... Maybe the rumors are true about the club being bought and the potential owners don’t want the sponsors that have been presented :cb
Spin away . Or they will sponsor once deal done

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 10:57 PM
Et tu, Brute?

You have lost me 😂

Jack
22-06-2019, 10:57 PM
?

You're post has no basis in fact - that you can be sure of.

You just made it up.

Jack
22-06-2019, 10:58 PM
You have lost me 😂

His post was drivel too.

In my opinion.

One Day Soon
22-06-2019, 10:59 PM

I'm not a club kicker. Or a Rod or Leeann kicker - quite the reverse where both are concerned. In fact I'm probably one of the happiest clappers you will find on here. There are however perfectly reasonable questions to ask about this and labeling it as complaints from the usual suspects is neither sensible nor going to make those questions go away.

I have a high level of confidence in the people running the club. However I also recognise that even the most successful of organisations and leaders can have failures as well as successes. Not getting a sponsor is a negative in financial terms unless that Foundation strip logo is being paid for by someone else. I think we'd have heard by now if that were the case.

It doesn't matter how much we may or may not be getting from the McGinn position. Not having a sponsor for the shirt means we have less than we would otherwise have. I can only tell you that as an HSL donor it feels like there is a dissonance between us trying to support the club with additional funds on the one hand and being told that not having shirt sponsor income won't matter on the other. I don't think that is helpful in retaining HSL donors or attracting new ones.

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 10:59 PM
You're post has no basis in fact - that you can be sure of.

You just made it up.

So you don't believe the targets that any ceo has.

Leeann got a descent bonus after the cup win.

She is paid to maximise cash.

Jack
22-06-2019, 11:05 PM
So you don't believe the targets that any ceo has.

Leeann got a descent bonus after the cup win.

She is paid to maximise cash.

I don't believe you know what her targets are, or how they should be achieved.

I'm sure it would have been an assent bonus if anything. However that has nothing to do with this.

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 11:08 PM

I'm sure it would have been an assent bonus if anything. However that has nothing to do with this.

We don't know her contract but being ultimately responsible for overseeing sponsorship absolutely will be one of her objectives

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 11:10 PM

Sorry mate, she is a ceo, she was brought in to regenate the club, she has been very successful.

First major wrong decision, which does happen.

I'm not blaming her alone.

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 11:13 PM
Sorry mate, she is a ceo, she was brought in to regenate the club, she has been very successful.

Head of Sales and Sponsorship must play a massive part.

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 11:13 PM

Love her but Lennon sacking was first badly handled situation. And I still want to see accounts to show we didn't pay off or if did had clause to recoup if he took another job

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 11:14 PM
Head of Sales and Sponsorship must play a massive part.

Yes and who does he report to?

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 11:16 PM
Yes and who does he report to?

She reports to LD. I responded to LD isn’t solely to blame.

Jack
22-06-2019, 11:18 PM
We don't know her contract but being ultimately responsible for overseeing sponsorship absolutely will be one of her objectives

Exactly. But as we don't know what the outcome of the objectives are we can't say if there's been any sort of failure ... or success!

jabis
22-06-2019, 11:18 PM
Hibs play a huge role in the community, but ultimately we are a business.

Revenue gets us more money and more transfer budget, at least that is what we have been told for decades

Businesses go bust.....

I support my local team,not a crap franchise like Man U or Real.
You want some life destroying sponsor on the shirt for a few quid says more about you than the Hibernian board.

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 11:19 PM
She reports to LD. I responded to LD isn’t solely to blame.

Ok fair point I agree a collective mess to let happen

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 11:21 PM
Exactly. But as we don't know what the outcome of the objectives are we can't say if there's been any sort of failure ... or success!
A loss of income is a failure to me but what happens now I hope is a success

The 90+2
22-06-2019, 11:21 PM
Ok fair point I agree a collective mess to let happen

👍 I’m out. Feelings made (not that they are worth a sook).

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 11:23 PM
Businesses go bust.....

You want some life destroying sponsor on the shirt for a few quid says more about you than the Hibernian board.

Harsh been no complaints money taken . I'd like nothing on shirt all deals are for boards stadium advertising only

pacorosssco
22-06-2019, 11:24 PM
👍 I’m out. Feelings made (not that they are worth a sook).

Also out. Sponsored bevy over :) best wishes all

DarlingtonHibee
22-06-2019, 11:59 PM
Businesses go bust.....

Who is going bust?

Jack
23-06-2019, 12:20 AM
A loss of income is a failure to me but what happens now I hope is a success

As said earlier no deal is better than a bad deal. At the end of the accounting period we'll know if there has been a loss of income and if there has how detrimental it has been to the club.

I suspect various scenarios have been considered and the club has made the best decision on the information available.

That's good enough for me.

Robbo6-2
23-06-2019, 06:43 AM
Maybe there is no sponsorship deal as the money has come from a nice rich buisness man who wants to remain unnamed and the club dont want to announce it until transfer dealings have been concluded...

bigwheel
23-06-2019, 06:53 AM
Give us the story then.

I was simply pointing out that the Boro reference was not comparable with us. We have failed to get a sponsor that works so we have donated the space to our foundation..

The Boro story is quite different from ours. They have secured a large sponsorship deal with a firm..the firm though have donated the front of the strip space to a local hospice - seems an incredible gesture ...

Eyrie
23-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Maybe there is no sponsorship deal as the money has come from a nice rich buisness man who wants to remain unnamed and the club dont want to announce it until transfer dealings have been concluded...

Unlikely. There is no downside to including a statement that an anonymous benefactor has covered the cost and donated the advertising space to the Foundation, as bigwheel says was done by Middlesbrough or as happened at the Tiny PBS.

The strips were later in being released than those of many other clubs, so there must be a reason for the delay which is most likely the sponsor as the design was agreed last year (see the HSL third kit discussion). It's pretty clear that the lack of a commercial sponsor is a failing by the person responsible within Hibs. Dempster refers to a couple of offers which weren't suitable, which probably means that we were being lowballed by latecomers.

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2019, 09:45 AM
The fact we haven't secured a sponsor for the coming season can't be denied but some of the accusations and presumptions as to why on this thread are pure speculation. Just like the usual quotes of players salaries etc which are pure guess work. The club have no obligation to divulge any further information than they already have. There are numerous revenue streams from literally dozens of sponsors lots of which have been newly secured this season.

HFC93
23-06-2019, 10:42 AM
I was simply pointing out that the Boro reference was not comparable with us. We have failed to get a sponsor that works so we have donated the space to our foundation..

The Boro story is quite different from ours. They have secured a large sponsorship deal with a firm..the firm though have donated the front of the strip space to a local hospice - seems an incredible gesture ...

Is it not a fantastic gesture from Hibs? You also suggested Hibs didn't mean for this to happen, which is speculation packaged as fact.

BoomtownHibees
23-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Is it not a fantastic gesture from Hibs? You also suggested Hibs didn't mean for this to happen, which is speculation packaged as fact.

It’s not speculation. The club were looking for a corporate sponsor but nothing came that was deemed good enough, hence the decision to go with the foundation

SMAXXA
23-06-2019, 11:42 AM
It’s apparent we didn’t want to go with a gambling or alcohol sponsor which reduces the scope considerably. This approach will be more and more common going forward, lol at Barca even Hearts regardless of people say a benefactor paid for this surly they could still maximise Income by getting benefactor money and a sponsor I think it’s ethical this approach. See Sunderland are now sponsored by children with cancer uk it’s going to be a shift change imo and we have adopted this quickly imo.

Lots of speculation unsubstantiated claims and knickers in a twist on people being at fault for having to go down this route, can we not just celebrate a good thing and let those that run the club do what they do best and get the best for the clubs interests. 🤷🏼*♂️

Sioux
23-06-2019, 11:58 AM
Lots of speculation unsubstantiated claims and knickers in a twist on people being at fault for having to go down this route, can we not just celebrate a good thing and let those that run the club do what they do best and get the best for the clubs interests. 🤷🏼*♂️

No that's not possible. There are far too many self appointed financial experts on here who must be listened to, coz they know best.

bigwheel
23-06-2019, 12:00 PM

It is brilliant gesture. I like it a lot - yet I was just saying they are not comparable. Hibs have been clear they went out to get the right sponsor but didn’t manage it - Boro have a commercial deal where the business has said give the shirt to a local hospice.

Not sure what point you are seeking to make tbh

HFC93
23-06-2019, 12:01 PM
It’snotspeculation.Theclubwerelookingforacorporate sponsorbutnothingcamethatwasdeemedgoodenough,hence thedecisiontogowiththefoundation

I think people are reading Leeann's quotes differently.

Wilson
23-06-2019, 12:08 PM
It’s apparent we didn’t want to go with a gambling or alcohol sponsor which reduces the scope considerably. This approach will be more and more common going forward, lol at Barca even Hearts regardless of people say a benefactor paid for this surly they could still maximise Income by getting benefactor money and a sponsor I think it’s ethical this approach. See Sunderland are now sponsored by children with cancer uk it’s going to be a shift change imo and we have adopted this quickly imo.

Celebrate a good thing? We are a football team at the end of the day. Nobody is handing out trophies for being sooo ethical and socially responsible. If there are questions to be asked on issues that could impact our ability to compete then we should be asking them. Shouldn't we?

Nobody is going to be congratulating the club over this after another 5th place finish. We'll get the same picking apart of other teams accounts and asking why not us. It'll be the fan's fault for not buying enough shares of course - heaven forbid that the blame lies with the club for failing to maximize all possible revenue streams.

SMAXXA
23-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Celebrate a good thing? We are a football team at the end of the day. Nobody is handing out trophies for being sooo ethical and socially responsible. If there are questions to be asked on issues that could impact our ability to compete then we should be asking them. Shouldn't we?

Nobody is going to be congratulating the club over this after another 5th place finish. We'll get the same picking apart of other teams accounts and asking why not us. It'll be the fan's fault for not buying enough shares of course - heaven forbid that the blame lies with the club for failing to maximize all possible revenue streams.

LD already answered that question and said the budget wouldn’t be Impacted so I don’t see the point?

DarlingtonHibee
23-06-2019, 12:32 PM
She answered it cleverly.

She knew weeks ago that we would not have a commercial partner.

Which ever way its dressed up, we have less revenue, unless a benefactor is paying for this.

matty_f
23-06-2019, 12:33 PM

Have we finished fifth next season already? FFS, what a shambles etc.

Hibs aren't the first business to go big on corporate social responsibility, Edinburgh Pride was sponsored by a financial institution, one which is careful about costs and has a responsibility to its shareholders.

That's an example straight off the top of my head, and they do it because being socially responsible has numerous benefits and actually drives profitability rather than reducing it.

We've seen the benefit at Hibs of a CEO who put community engagement high on the priority list of things to get right. We've been promoted, won the Scottish Cup, had two European qualifications and or best league points total in years.

We have seen players engage with the club in a way that I can't remember ever seeing before - a stark contrast to the days of a squad full of couldn't-care-less loanees taking a beating at Hampden in 2012.

So we might have not got c£200k from the sponsorship but if that money is made elsewhere, and there is a long term gain from this approach, them the club deserve credit rather than criticism for doing something different.

B.H.F.C
23-06-2019, 12:36 PM
LD already answered that question and said the budget wouldn’t be Impacted so I don’t see the point?

The budget was obviously set without any sponsorship money being accounted for, because we didn’t have one in place.

So it’s fair enough for her to say that this decision won’t see us having to reduce the agreed budget. You can argue that budget isn’t what it could or should be though?

Since90+2
23-06-2019, 12:39 PM
The budget was obviously set without any sponsorship money being accounted for, because we didn’t have one in place.

So it’s fair enough for her to say that this decision won’t see us having to reduce the agreed budget. You can argue that budget isn’t what it could or should be though?

Exactly this.

Paul1642
23-06-2019, 12:43 PM

The budget may not be affected but an extra £200k from sponsorship could have meant the budget could be increased by £200k which would be nice.

hibbyfraelibby
23-06-2019, 12:49 PM

...and as a result bound by commercial confidentiality. The "fans reps" are not shop stewards they are directors and as such have to abide by certain rules.

One Day Soon
23-06-2019, 12:53 PM
No that's not possible. There are far too many self appointed financial experts on here who must be listened to, coz they know best.

Or perhaps they are just paying customers and fans on the one hand and donors through HSL on the other legitimately asking questions?

Mon Dieu4
23-06-2019, 12:57 PM
How much was a top last season? I notice they are £47 this year without a sponsor, maybe making up for sponsorship with increased prices

hibbyfraelibby
23-06-2019, 01:06 PM
Many years ago tobacco advertising was accepted until it became taboo. Alcohol and betting were the two main follow up vices that pumped many into sport whilst ruining peoples lives. I think we are a tipping point now where these brands on sports shirts become unacceptable by society. Hibernian didnt brand kids kit because of it.

Betting is a cancer in the game so why advertise it. Alcohol, like a flying Buckfast bottle, can destroy a life and a reputation in an instant. They shouldnt be anywhere near the game.

So whats left? Financial Services? Backed by Bankers? Or our own Community Foundation?

Hibernian is more than a football business it is genuinely part of the community in a way few other are. If you dont get that you dont get Hibernian.

Since90+2
23-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Many years ago tobacco advertising was accepted until it became taboo. Alcohol and betting were the two main follow up vices that pumped many into sport whilst ruining peoples lives. I think we are a tipping point now where these brands on sports shirts become unacceptable by society. Hibernian didnt brand kids kit because of it.

Betting is a cancer in the game so why advertise it. Alcohol, like a flying Buckfast bottle, can destroy a life and a reputation in an instant. They shouldnt be anywhere near the game.

So whats left? Financial Services? Backed by Bankers? Or our own Community Foundation?

Hibernian is more than a football business it is genuinely part of the community in a way few other are. If you dont get that you dont get Hibernian.

There are literally thousands of companies that are potential sponsors. That's who would be left if you exclude alcohol , tobacco and financial services (though I don't see the issue with financial services personally).

If we are going to stop working with alcohol companies then I assume Eden Mill will also be going at the end of their contract. That's more money from shirt sponsorship and the added things such as personalised products. We won't know the level of this however it's not going to be a insignificant amount of money that will need to be replaced.

Whatever way we dress it up it's a failure to not have been able to secure a suitable sponsorship and therefore have less money coming into the club.

Power
23-06-2019, 01:15 PM
Hearing a few people on here with the right questions and some good responses.

Leeann has rightly said:
“With respect to the football budget, it is never going to be impacted by these decisions. Paul and his team will continue to get very strong support from the club, as they always do.

“Not one penny will be lost to him from this decision.

“I actually think it will encourage everyone to look forward to buying the strip, wearing it and supporting the Foundation throughout their different campaigns.”

The Hibernian Community Foundation Will now have more exposure and financial backing which is fantastic.

The club will now re-align Finances in other areas to account for no commercial sponsor on the front of shirt. I can’t go into that for commercial sensitivity as pointed out - there is no concern here. It’s looking at all the options and deciding what gives us more value.

Since90+2
23-06-2019, 01:17 PM

Leeann has rightly said:
“With respect to the football budget, it is never going to be impacted by these decisions. Paul and his team will continue to get very strong support from the club, as they always do.

“I actually think it will encourage everyone to look forward to buying the strip, wearing it and supporting the Foundation throughout their different campaigns.”

The Hibernian Community Foundation Will now have more exposure and financial backing which is fantastic.

The club will now re-align Finances in other areas to account for no commercial sponsor on the front of shirt. I can’t go into that for commercial sensitivity as pointed out - there is no concern here. It’s looking at all the options and deciding what gives us more value.

Thanks for the update though I think the most telling part of your post is the first sentence in the last paragraph.

easty
23-06-2019, 02:06 PM

Leeann has rightly said:

Re-align finances = make up the shortfall from sponsorship money we expected, from elsewhere

And that’s why no matter how Hibs spin this, it’s not a good thing.

DarlingtonHibee
23-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Re-align finances = make up the shortfall from sponsorship money we expected, from elsewhere

And that’s why no matter how Hibs spin this, it’s not a good thing.
Agree

How can we not have a commercial partner? Hibs would have had at least six months notice, but would surely have known before that.

We rattle on about selling the players the club, htc, the city etc.

A high profile club with low financial risk, based in the capital of Scotland.

Sorry complete farce, and I've been a huge leeann fan since she arrived.

I've supported the club all my life and since the mercer bid, we have been told every penny helps the manager.

Now we are the only club in the spfl without a commercial partner.

That money could be two signing on fees

Mikey
23-06-2019, 02:38 PM

Leeann has rightly said:

What's your take on it? Is it being used to cover up a cock up?

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2019, 02:48 PM

Very much so.

calamitus
23-06-2019, 03:27 PM
I genuinely don't know the answer to this, but could it be that by having other offers on the table, giving free sponsorship to the Community charity counts as a charitable donation? If so, it can get offset against profits, so in reality the amount we're down by could be a lot less.

hibbyfraelibby
23-06-2019, 03:28 PM
There are literally thousands of companies that are potential sponsors. That's who would be left if you exclude alcohol , tobacco and financial services (though I don't see the issue with financial services personally).

If we are going to stop working with alcohol companies then I assume Eden Mill will also be going at the end of their contract. That's more money from shirt sponsorship and the added things such as personalised products. We won't know the level of this however it's not going to be a insignificant amount of money that will need to be replaced.

Whatever way we dress it up it's a failure to not have been able to secure a suitable sponsorship and therefore have less money coming into the club.

Ok if there are thousands of companies out there wanting to sponsor us so name them. Our CEO said there were two potential ones.

Small tuppeny ha'penny companies dont have the wherewithall to fund it and get the required return. The Multinationals have bigger fish in bigger markets to fund. The actual pool of suitable companies whose profile matches ours and ourd meets the marketing requirements is quite a shallow pool especially when many dont know what trading environment they'll be operating in in three months time, never mind in three years because of the gammon's stupidity of Brexit.

Football fans need to get real and accept the sport does not live in an insulated bubble breathing in fantasy.

Lago
23-06-2019, 03:30 PM

Sounds like the Salvation Army you're describing.:confused:

easty
23-06-2019, 03:34 PM
Ok if there are thousands of companies out there wanting to sponsor us so name them. Our CEO said there were two potential ones.

Thats such a **** argument.

If my mate gets dumped tomorrow, and I tell him he’ll find someone else...I wouldn’t expect to have to come up with actual names of people to prove my point.

There are clearly thousands of companies who are interested in sponsoring football teams, the evidence being the thousands of companies who currently sponsor football teams.

Since90+2
23-06-2019, 03:34 PM

Small tuppeny ha'penny companies dont have the wherewithal to fund it and get the required return. The Multinationals have bigger fish in bigger markets to fund. The actual pool of suitable companies whose profile matches ours and ourd meets the marketing requirements is quite a shallow pool especially when nanh dont know what trading environment they'll be operating in in three months time, never mind in three years because of the gammon's stupidity of Brexit.

Football fans need to get real and accept the sport does not live in an insulated bubble breathing in fantasy.

I'm not the CEO of Hibs so it's not my job to secure our main sponsors. My point was you said after alcohol, tobacco and financial services who is there? Well the answer to that is every single other industry that's not fags or gambling ie quite alot of potential companies.

Our fans rep has just confirmed that finances will need to be cut in other areas due to this.

Dress it up how you like but it's not a positive that's for sure.

Golden Bear
23-06-2019, 03:36 PM

Great post.

DetroitHibs
23-06-2019, 03:40 PM
When have the club ever cocked up and actually admitted to it? This is a mistake not taking what’s on offer. Every penny we can bring in through sponsorship should be the main priority.

DarlingtonHibee
23-06-2019, 03:47 PM
When have the club ever cocked up and actually admitted to it? This is a mistake not taking what’s on offer. Every penny we can bring in through sponsorship should be the main priority.

👍

hibbyfraelibby
23-06-2019, 03:59 PM

If my mate gets dumped tomorrow, and I tell him he’ll find someone else...I wouldn’t expect to have to come up with actual names of people to prove my point.

There are clearly thousands of companies who are interested in sponsoring football teams, the evidence being the thousands of companies who currently sponsor football teams.

What a facile arguement. You made the point based on absolutely no evidence. I feel for your mate. Thousands of prospective suitors out there but he's not got a clue where to look so he's reduced to pacing the streets around Leith Links hoping one of them suddenly appears out of the blue.

bigwheel
23-06-2019, 04:04 PM

Nah. Sometimes it is wise to reject an offer which is materially lower than You’ve had before. The market gets to know about these things- would give you a real challenge to get it back up again...

I can understand the decision here ..

Need to do better creating options for next season.

Meanwhile. Let’s enjoy our foundation on the shirt . Important part of our club ...

Sioux
23-06-2019, 04:05 PM

And there are thousands of millionaires out there that I don't know about who would love to put money into a football club. Hibs have failed there.

Is that how this works? :bitchy:

B.H.F.C
23-06-2019, 04:08 PM
Need to do better creating options for next season.

This is the important thing for me. You shouldn’t just be accepting something on the basis it is better than nothing. But we shouldn’t have found ourselves in a position where we didn’t have something that we considered acceptable.

MagicSwirlingShip
23-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned the knock on effect Hibs will see from a better funded Community Foundation?

Power
23-06-2019, 04:47 PM
What's your take on it? Is it being used to cover up a cock up?

Ideally we would have a local commercial sponsor that buys into the ethos and everything Hibs, matching the value of such sponsorship - my opinion, not the fans or the clubs.

Definitely not a cock-up. A decision based on what was on the table.

I understand the position of taking the best sponsorship offer regardless.

I also take on the position of not taking a commercial sponsorship and boosting our Foundation whilst exploring other opportunities.

Opinions will differ.

As always if there is any concerns I’m happy to pass them on.

Mikey
23-06-2019, 04:53 PM
Ideally we would have a local commercial sponsor that buys into the ethos and everything Hibs, matching the value of such sponsorship - my opinion, not the fans or the clubs.

Definitely not a cock-up. A decision based on what was on the table.

I understand the position of taking the best sponsorship offer regardless.

I also take on the position of not taking a commercial sponsorship and boosting our Foundation whilst exploring other opportunities.

Opinions will differ.

As always if there is any concerns I’m happy to pass them on.

That's good enough. Ta.

Lago
23-06-2019, 04:56 PM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned the knock on effect Hibs will see from a better funded Community Foundation?

Añd that will be what ?

easty
23-06-2019, 05:09 PM
And there are thousands of millionaires out there that I don't know about who would love to put money into a football club. Hibs have failed there.

Is that how this works? :bitchy:

Are there thousands of millionaires out there currently pumping money into football teams for no reason?

Doubt it.

Are there thousands of football teams sponsored by companies? Yes.

Your argument is just fundamentally horse ****.

One Day Soon
23-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Here are the current front of shirt sponsors of the competition. Three betting companies, no alcohol companies.

Rangers - 32 Red
Celtic - Dafabet
Aberdeen - Saltire Energy
Hearts - Save the Children
St Johnstone - Binn Group
Motherwell - Bet Park
Hamilton - EMH
Kilmarnock - QTS
Livingston - Tony Macaroni
Ross County - McEwan Fraser
St Mirren - Skyview
Hibernian - ?

Since452
23-06-2019, 05:28 PM
I wonder how much Hibs are getting from Eden Mill

SMAXXA
23-06-2019, 05:28 PM
I wonder how much Hibs are getting from Eden Mill

That seems to be forgotten about

DetroitHibs
23-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Here are the current front of shirt sponsors of the competition. Three betting companies, no alcohol companies.

Rangers - 32 Red
Celtic - Dafabet
Aberdeen - Saltire Energy
Hearts - Save the Children
St Johnstone - Binn Group
Motherwell - Bet Park
Hamilton - EMH
Kilmarnock - QTS
Livingston - Tony Macaroni
Ross County - McEwan Fraser
St Mirren - Skyview
Hibernian - ?

That tells me that every other club in the SPL are doing it wrong and we’re the only ones that have got this right..... :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
23-06-2019, 05:33 PM
That tells me that every other club in the SPL are doing it wrong and we’re the only ones that have got this right..... :rolleyes:

The also tells me the sponsors some have will be paying an absolute pittance and wouldn’t be losing out much not having one of them 🤷🏼*♂️

Since452
23-06-2019, 05:33 PM
That seems to be forgotten about

Got to be honest I'd forgotten about it. We still carry a sponsor on our strip albeit on the back

DetroitHibs
23-06-2019, 05:38 PM
The also tells me the sponsors some have will be paying an absolute pittance and wouldn’t be losing out much not having one of them 🤷🏼*♂️

We’ve lost out on upwards of £100,000. About the same amount we paid for Flo last season.

Golden Bear
23-06-2019, 05:42 PM
And there we have it. So many contrasting views from fans who all support the same Club. It's one of the reasons why the concept of fan ownership needs to be handled very very carefully.

MagicSwirlingShip
23-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Añd that will be what ?

Well, a stronger Hibs presence in the community means a stronger Hibs. I believe that by Hibs supporting local causes it increases the amount of people who engage with the club, and who strike up an emotional connection with us.

It’s hard to quantify in terms of a balance sheet, granted. But by supporting more community projects our fanbase will grow over the medium to long term

Caversham Green
23-06-2019, 05:45 PM
We’ve lost out on upwards of £100,000. About the same amount we paid for Flo last season.

Who offered upwards of £100,000?

Radium
23-06-2019, 06:04 PM
Seems to be a straightforward cost v value argument.

Club see more value from the current deal.

It’s cost in terms of lost revenue is being highlighted.

Similar to decisions around early bird discounts and low cost child tickets in the FF, not always trying to maximise income is a reasonable choice

DetroitHibs
23-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Who offered upwards of £100,000?

I don’t know as the club tells us peons **** all. I’m guessing the offer was in that ball park based on previous sponsorship.

Peevemor
23-06-2019, 06:21 PM
I don’t know as the club tells us peons **** all. I’m guessing the offer was in that ball park based on previous sponsorship.And what if someone offered £20k? Should the club have accepted that?

Basically we have no idea what happened so I don't understand all the bumping of gums.

PH91
23-06-2019, 06:22 PM
I think it is fair to say the route Hibs have gone down will result in less money coming into the club this season but there are far more considerations for a business than purely short term financial gain.

LD would have been well aware of potentially making a rod for her own back here should Hibs underperform this season and still took the decision, which suggests to me there is no doubt it is of the best interests of the club.

The question that some seem to want answered is why we couldnt attract a sponsor which would be of sufficient financial gain that HFC couldnt possibly be the best option? But as with all sponsorship, it is impossible for Hibs to disclose any details without jeopardising any future deals. For those asking this question, what answer do you want Hibs to provide?

As it stands, there is a good (relative to recent seasons) player budget for this season and there are no signs that the board will not back the manager, having already brought in (what appear to be) targetted signings early in the window.

Caversham Green
23-06-2019, 06:26 PM
I don’t know as the club tells us peons **** all. I’m guessing the offer was in that ball park based on previous sponsorship.

The previous sponsors decided not to continue with the relationship, suggesting that they felt it was not worth the money, so how can you assume someone else would decide it was?

On another tack, if the Sun Newspaper offered to match Marathon Bet's previous sponsorship, should we accept?

DarlingtonHibee
23-06-2019, 06:32 PM

Leeann has rightly said:

I assume you are one of the fan rep's.

I know you are not privy to the negotiation, and will be quoting leeanns briefing.

But, with respect this should have been sorted 12 months ago, especially given leeanns background.

It is a commercial fiasco, and if it happened in the company I worked for, people would have walked.

Two offers on the table, sorry I love my club, but that is truly woeful