PDA

View Full Version : Sell on fees.

nellio
19-06-2019, 08:26 PM
With Vaulks moving to Cardiff it's been reported Falkirk will get a decent sell on fee.

Good to see Scottish clubs including ourselves getting some decent money from ex players moving about or doing well getting promotions.

Can only be a good thing.

From a Cardiff perspective I'm disappointed, I don't think he is good enough. Been awful for Wales the last few games.

DetroitHibs
19-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Still waiting on confirmation that Hibs got anything from Villa getting promoted. All we have is speculation.

nellio
19-06-2019, 08:38 PM
Fair point but not sure the club would come out and say if we did.

I would say it's fair to assume we had some form of promotion payment added in.

No idea why there is a little sad face on this post btw!

MagicSwirlingShip
19-06-2019, 09:12 PM
Still waiting on confirmation that Hibs got anything from Villa getting promoted. All we have is speculation.

Hibs rightly won’t comment. Why let the clubs of potential players know we have had a confirmed windfall?

Ringothedog
19-06-2019, 09:18 PM

Our accounts will show any transfer income

Power
19-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Hibs rightly won’t comment. Why let the clubs of potential players know we have had a confirmed windfall?

That’s pretty much it - I’ve seen it asked previously before I came into role.

Don’t show others what you’re negotiating and what you have - get the best deal for Hibs every time.

hfc rd
19-06-2019, 09:46 PM

These things are usually kept in-house though. Example being Steven Fletcher’s transfers from Burnley to Wolves & then Wolves to Sunderland. Hibs got a % from each of these moves but never publicly came out to say how much they got.

If we were to publicly announce how much we got, clubs will start taking us taking us to the cleaners for transfer fees and also players/agents for wages.

These sell-on clauses are kept in house.

DetroitHibs
19-06-2019, 10:49 PM
I still don’t think even half the money we got from the sale of McGinn was invested back in to the squad, but what do I know. For a start no clue what we sold him for, how much St Mirren got, all a bit of a mystery. I also don’t buy the line about other teams trying to get more money from us in negotiations. Agents and football people all talk, that will all be pretty much common knowledge.

BSEJVT
21-06-2019, 01:44 PM
I still don’t think even half the money we got from the sale of McGinn was invested back in to the squad, but what do I know. For a start no clue what we sold him for, how much St Mirren got, all a bit of a mystery. I also don’t buy the line about other teams trying to get more money from us in negotiations. Agents and football people all talk, that will all be pretty much common knowledge.

I take it you don't gamble at cards for money?

Its one thing betting thinking you know the other persons hand and a completely different thing betting having had it confirmed that you definitely do know their hand.

DetroitHibs
21-06-2019, 02:28 PM
I take it you don't gamble at cards for money?

Its one thing betting thinking you know the other persons hand and a completely different thing betting having had it confirmed that you definitely do know their hand.

I just don’t buy in to the whole secrecy thing. Same when it came to breaking the wage structure, the club said the other players would be disgruntled. Happens all the time in the game, a player is earning much more than others. Hearts have done it for years, giving 1-2 players double what the rest get. I see Motherwell have no secrecy regarding Turnbull either. We don’t know what we got for McGinn or Cummings. Have no clue what add ons either.

Rumble de Thump
21-06-2019, 02:37 PM
I just don’t buy in to the whole secrecy thing. Same when it came to breaking the wage structure, the club said the other players would be disgruntled. Happens all the time in the game, a player is earning much more than others. Hearts have done it for years, giving 1-2 players double what the rest get. I see Motherwell have no secrecy regarding Turnbull either. We don’t know what we got for McGinn or Cummings. Have no clue what add ons either.

There is no wage structure.