PDA

View Full Version : Twas the day before pre-season........

MyJo
19-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Assuming Jackson and Newell have been brought in as starters i would guess our strongest team is looking like this:

________________Marciano

Gray______Jackson______Hanlon_____Stevenson

_______Mallan____Allan_____Newell

Boyle_____________________________Horgan
________________Kamberi

Second 11
________________Dabrowski

Whittaker___McGregor___Porteous___Mackie

__??????_____Slivka___Murray______??????

______________Shaw____??????

Not looking too bad but still work to be done in adding some robustness to that midfield and more firepower and pace so we aren't absolutely snookered by injuries or lack of options to replace out of form players.

Should be enough to get us through the Betfred cup group stages but would feel much happier with another two or three in the door before then.

yerauldda
19-06-2019, 01:25 PM
We certainly look well covered at the back.. we could really do with getting a defensive midfielder sorted.
I don't think Newell will play in the centre. I'd expect as many as 5/6 new players to come in before the window closese.

GK
CDM
Omeonga
Winger
Striker x2

GlesgaeHibby
19-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Assuming Jackson and Newell have been brought in as starters i would guess our strongest team is looking like this:

________________Marciano

________________Kamberi

Second 11

Not looking too bad but still work to be done in adding some robustness to that midfield and more firepower and pace so we aren't absolutely snookered by injuries or lack of options to replace out of form players.

Should be enough to get us through the Betfred cup group stages but would feel much happier with another two or three in the door before then.

Porteous was superb first half of last season and would hope to see him kick on after injury and cement his place as a starter week in, week out.

Col2
19-06-2019, 02:20 PM
Given the noises by Hibs and PH I am confident we will get McNulty and Omeonga.

That would be 5 new signings.

I still think we will see:-

GK
Defensive Midfielder
Full back (cover)
Striker (more physical)

If Slivka and Marciano leave then replacements x 2

04Sauzee
19-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Was there not strong rumours about a dutch midfielder coming in? An absolutely unit of a guy.
Sure it was a supposed done deal just waiting for him to return from his holidays

jax67
19-06-2019, 02:41 PM
Was there not strong rumours about a dutch midfielder coming in? An absolutely unit of a guy.
Sure it was a supposed done deal just waiting for him to return from his holidays

Danzell Gravenberch, I also heard this rumour. Don’t know if there’s any substance to it. Hopefully someone else may know more?

bingo70
19-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Danzell Gravenberch, I also heard this rumour. Don’t know if there’s any substance to it. Hopefully someone else may know more?

Think the rumour was that he had agreed to sign but it wasn’t being announced until after his holiday. With the players being back tomorrow I’d assume that to be nonsense unless he signs today.

Since452
19-06-2019, 02:56 PM

________________Marciano

________________Kamberi

Second 11

Thats a pretty good starting point tbf

NAE NOOKIE
19-06-2019, 02:59 PM

Looking at his Wiki profile if we are interested in him it must be as a fixer upper, because so far the highlight of his career seems to have been a bad tackle on an extremely expensive Arsenal player. Also wiki lists him as a centre back rather than a defensive midfield player.

GloryGlory
19-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Think the rumour was that he had agreed to sign but it wasn’t being announced until after his holiday. With the players being back tomorrow I’d assume that to be nonsense unless he signs today.

Could have been planning a later holiday, as the English clubs aren't back for another few days? :dunno:

Souter96Mac
19-06-2019, 03:04 PM

hopefully true. The boy looks an absolute tank from what I've seen on youtube. Also love the fact it seems like he's played CB, CM and upfront for previous clubs. Get the boy in.

PatHead
19-06-2019, 04:28 PM
I think we will get the benefit of the players having a good rest. Last year we were back in training really quickly.

Keith_M
19-06-2019, 04:38 PM
I'd hope to see us resolve our problem with scoring goals.

The highest scorer in league games was Kamberi, with eight.

hfc rd
19-06-2019, 04:47 PM
We certainly look well covered at the back.. we could really do with getting a defensive midfielder sorted.
I don't think Newell will play in the centre. I'd expect as many as 5/6 new players to come in before the window closese.

GK
CDM
Omeonga
Winger
Striker x2

Add a RB to that list as Whittaker will be a liability in that possession if he is the cover for Gray.

Unseen work
19-06-2019, 04:48 PM
Highlights the need for legs and someone who can actually tackle in centre mid.

Omeonga and McNulty would be good signing but we can’t just rely on them. Would need another striker and defensive mid even if they come in.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we announce another signing today as it’s the day before (not in the know, just a hunch).

B.H.F.C
19-06-2019, 05:14 PM
I think we will get the benefit of the players having a good rest. Last year we were back in training really quickly.

Not sure we’ll be back much later this year?

Competitive games start pretty much the same time.