PDA

View Full Version : New performance Analyst at ER

GloryGlory
19-06-2019, 11:46 AM
https://twitter.com/graeme_mcarthur

Eyrie
19-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Another new signing to improve the first team.

Greencore
19-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Falkirk fans won't be happy, however are they ever?

Jack
19-06-2019, 06:56 PM
What happened to our old one?

Future17
19-06-2019, 07:16 PM
What happened to our old one?

I think this is a new post within the existing Performance Analysis department.

eastcoasthibby
19-06-2019, 09:40 PM
What more spending on the backroom staff it's like every season that team is increasing !! How many do we actually need ?

19-06-2019, 09:41 PM
Falkirk fans won't be happy, however are they ever?

A devastating blow to their hopes of achieving promotion to the premiership next year........ oh wait

Eyrie
19-06-2019, 09:43 PM
What more spending on the backroom staff it's like every season that team is increasing !! How many do we actually need ?

McArthur has been brought in as the first team performance analyst. If that role helps improve our results, then it's worthwhile.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2019, 09:43 PM
McArthur has been brought in as the first team performance analyst. If that role helps improve our results, then it's worthwhile.

Any idea who he’s replaced?

Eyrie
19-06-2019, 09:46 PM
Any idea who he’s replaced?

Not a clue if he's replaced someone or if this is a new position.

I only know McArthur's role because Hibs retweeted Calvin Charlton's welcome to him.

SMAXXA
19-06-2019, 09:54 PM
New role I think

TheGreenMan
19-06-2019, 10:15 PM
Didn't Falkirk go on a 146 game losing run last season? Or something like that

cabbageandribs1875
19-06-2019, 10:17 PM

now THAT is an unenviable record, they should be in the juniors with that record :)

MWHIBBIES
19-06-2019, 11:16 PM

It's almost as if a good backroom staff and management team is more important than players.

DetroitHibs
20-06-2019, 12:02 AM
Doesn’t sound like one of Heckys signings.

Steve-O
20-06-2019, 12:04 AM

Presumably this guy accurately analysed their performances as utter pish, and that has helped him secure this role.

SMAXXA
20-06-2019, 06:37 AM
It's almost as if a good backroom staff and management team is more important than players.

You need a proper structure around the players to enhance and develop them not to mention as part of preparation for upcoming opponents and I’m fairly certain this type of thing is used when trying to convince players to come to the club demonstrating the professionalism and attention to detail for the team and specific player analysis for them to improve.

If Hibs feel the need for it then there must be one. The games changed and people need to move with the times, not saying you btw speaking generally.

MWHIBBIES
20-06-2019, 08:18 AM
You need a proper structure around the players to enhance and develop them not to mention as part of preparation for upcoming opponents and I’m fairly certain this type of thing is used when trying to convince players to come to the club demonstrating the professionalism and attention to detail for the team and specific player analysis for them to improve.

If Hibs feel the need for it then there must be one. The games changed and people need to move with the times, not saying you btw speaking generally.

Spot on. I agree that staff are more important, I was being serious.

Aim Here
20-06-2019, 01:17 PM

In 2014-15 Hibs had 60 player/management staff to 32 admin staff.

In 2017-18, Hibs had 61 player/management to 33 admin.

The ratio was fairly constant in-between, though there was a blip in 2015-16 when Hibs had fewer staff of both categories, maybe due to Leeann ruthlessly wielding the axe after settling into the job. Backroom staff are probably counted as 'management'. Player count is generally constant, so by extension, the backroom staff count is more or less constant.

Besides, in football, players are expensive, and non-players are cheap (with reasonable assumptions, the non-playing staff are getting far less than half the wage of the average player), and the level of scrutiny means the market is well-scrutinized and player bargains are increasingly rare. Hiring an extra statistician or performance analyst or fitness trainer is probably a cost-effective way of improving your results, compared to swapping a cheap player for a more expensive one.