PDA

View Full Version : NHC Soccer Aid Charity Football

iwasthere1972
16-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Just kicked off on STV. Jamie Carragher being booed. Wonder why.

C'mon Rest of the World. Usain Bolt (brother of Hearts player (Huvnaea Bolt) on for ROW.

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Why was Carragher booed?

16-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Why was Carragher booed?

Spat on Kirsty Gallacher.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Why was Carragher booed?

For being a Scouser. :duck:

iwasthere1972
16-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Cracking goal by Bolt.

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2019, 07:41 PM
For being a Scouser. :duck:

Oh yeah 🙄

Pretty Boy
16-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Is it just me who thinks Robbie Keane seems a particularly joyless individual? Whilst most of the other pros still have a bit of a competitive edge to them they do seem to be having a good time.

Keane just always looks raging and seems to be taking things far too seriously.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2019, 08:35 PM
The big Frenchman on now.

iwasthere1972
16-06-2019, 08:39 PM
2-2. :thumbsup:

we are hibs
16-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Is that England bottling it again :greengrin

Hiber-nation
16-06-2019, 08:59 PM
What the hell is that prick Piers Morgan doing celebrating with the World team?

Cod Boy
16-06-2019, 09:01 PM
Piers Morgan has won more trophies than levien

Hiber-nation
16-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Piers Morgan has won more trophies than levien

:thumbsup:

I might even prefer Levein to that tosser.

Haymaker
16-06-2019, 09:08 PM
What the hell is that prick Piers Morgan doing celebrating with the World team?

He's technically Irish so he's managing the ROW team

Sir David Gray
16-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Why was Carragher booed?

Maybe for spitting on a child?

Tug Wilson
16-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Dermot said that Morgan was going to be unbearable.

When exactly has that prick ever been bearable!

The_Horde
16-06-2019, 09:57 PM
Clive Tyldesley making casual jokes about suicide. Hopefully the end of his career, rotten commentator.

Unseen work
16-06-2019, 10:55 PM
Is it just me who thinks Robbie Keane seems a particularly joyless individual? Whilst most of the other pros still have a bit of a competitive edge to them they do seem to be having a good time.

Keane just always looks raging and seems to be taking things far too seriously.

Said the same watching it. Most pro’s seem to enjoy it and not fully got 100mph except from him who seems desperate to make it all about him.

Looked reluctant to pass to celebs and wanted to do it all on his own and prove how good a player he was. Actually seemed annoyed at times too which is bizarre.

BILLYHIBS
17-06-2019, 04:10 AM

:agree:

Despicable crass moronic individual very fortunate indeed to keep hold of his job

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2019, 05:28 AM

Despicable crass moronic individual very fortunate indeed to keep hold of his job

Robert Mugabe is a despicable individual, not a guy who spat on people abusing him in the heat of the moment and has thoroughly apologized since. The dad was the real bad guy in that video.

JimBHibees
17-06-2019, 05:52 AM
Robert Mugabe is a despicable individual, not a guy who spat on people abusing him in the heat of the moment and has thoroughly apologized since. The dad was the real bad guy in that video.

Agree a bit of context required.

ajf
17-06-2019, 05:59 AM

He spat on a wee girl who wasn't abusing him and only apologised because he was caught , the real bad guy was carragher

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2019, 06:12 AM

Or maybe for spitting in the direction of the car that the child was in with her father. Your version makes it sound as if he deliberately walked up to and spat on a child. Was still a silly thing to do though.

Sir David Gray
17-06-2019, 06:15 AM

Do you reckon he would have thoroughly apologised if the incident hadn't been caught on camera and sent to the media?

He thoroughly apologised because his £1 million a year job with Sky was under threat.

Sir David Gray
17-06-2019, 06:20 AM
Or maybe for spitting in the direction of the car that the child was in with her father. Your version makes it sound as if he deliberately walked up to and spat on a child. Was still a silly thing to do though.

That's why I carefully selected my words by saying he spat ON a child rather than he spat AT a child.

I don't believe it was deliberate however where he thought his saliva would end up landing, if not on the child, when he spat at an open window that the child was sitting next to is anyone's guess.

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2019, 06:22 AM
He spat on a wee girl who wasn't abusing him and only apologised because he was caught , the real bad guy was carragher

Do you reckon he would have thoroughly apologised if the incident hadn't been caught on camera and sent to the media?

He thoroughly apologised because his £1 million a year job with Sky was under threat.

You actually think he wanted to spit on the child? Obviously not. He would've regretted it and apologized like 99% of people do after making a very silly mistake. The real bad guy is the one bringing his child up by setting the example of abusing other human beings for no reason. Carragher make a mistake but at least it was provoked.

Otherwise came across as a sound, genuine and knowledgeable guy throughout his career.

Don't see people on here calling Martin Boyle despicable for drink driving and he could've killed someone, significantly worse than gobbing.

BILLYHIBS
17-06-2019, 06:29 AM
“You cannot condone that behaviour in anyway shape or form.”

Jamie Carragher

From the horses mouth

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2019, 06:37 AM
“You cannot condone that behaviour in anyway shape or form.”

Jamie Carragher

From the horses mouth
Who condoned it?

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2019, 06:44 AM

Yes I do once he realised or was made aware that the child was hit (was she) I believe he would have apologised 100%

BILLYHIBS
17-06-2019, 06:46 AM
Who condoned it?

His quote not mine

He also goes on to say

”It is the lowest of the low....I apologise.”

https://youtu.be/8GEBm3YdKuo

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2019, 06:48 AM
His quote not mine

He also goes on to say

Strange to post it through when no one condoned it?

Definitely not the lowest of the low, about 20 things I'd immediately consider lower including murder, rape, discrimination etc.

BILLYHIBS
17-06-2019, 06:57 AM
Strange to post it through when no one condoned it?

Definitely not the lowest of the low, about 20 things I'd immediately consider lower including murder, rape, discrimination etc.

So are you defending him?

HFC93
17-06-2019, 07:03 AM
Why was Carragher booed?

I've no idea. What's your take?

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2019, 07:12 AM
I've no idea. What's your take?

It’s been pointed out to me that it was maybe because of the spitting incident.

JimBHibees
17-06-2019, 07:33 AM
It’s been pointed out to me that it was maybe because of the spitting incident.

Possibly in response to some booing terry. The crowd would have been made up of manys clubs supporters.

ajf
17-06-2019, 09:00 AM
His quote not mine

He also goes on to say

https://youtu.be/8GEBm3YdKuo

If there is abuse on that video (other than by carragher ) I don't see it , sorry

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2019, 09:53 AM
So are you defending him?

I'm arguing he's not a despicable person because I think that's a ridiculous exaggeration for what he actually done.

BILLYHIBS
17-06-2019, 10:12 AM
I'm arguing he's not a despicable person because I think that's a ridiculous exaggeration for what he actually done.
I get that!

Depends on your point of view

Ever been spat upon on the football field?

It is not nice I can assure you

Definition of despicable:

Contemptible loathsome hateful detestable reprehensible abhorrent abominable awful heinous
Very unpleasant or bad causing strong feelings or dislike deserving to be hated or strongly criticised

He is all of the above

I agree he is not a mass murderer or rapist

The guy made a mistake he overreacted his reaction was way above what should be expected of a man of his position he has apologised and he has kept his job

Imagine if he had spat on your daughter?

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2019, 10:50 AM
I get that!

Depends on your point of view

Ever been spat upon on the football field?

It is not nice I can assure you

Definition of despicable:

Contemptible loathsome hateful detestable reprehensible abhorrent abominable awful heinous
Very unpleasant or bad causing strong feelings or dislike deserving to be hated or strongly criticised

He is all of the above

I agree he is not a mass murderer or rapist

The guy made a mistake he overreacted his reaction was way above what should be expected of a man of his position he has apologised and he has kept his job

Imagine if he had spat on your daughter?

Spitting isn't reprehensible or abhorrent. It's minging and disrespectful.

He wouldn't spit on my daughter because I wouldn't be giving him abuse while driving on the motorway.

BILLYHIBS
17-06-2019, 11:28 AM
Spitting isn't reprehensible or abhorrent. It's minging and disrespectful.

He wouldn't spit on my daughter because I wouldn't be giving him abuse while driving on the motorway.

Faults on both sides but no need for his over reaction

Started off as light hearted banter

Why not just ignore it and drive on?

HFC93
17-06-2019, 11:44 AM
Quite enlightening that people are still making excuses for Carragher spitting at a young girl. A grown man who couldn't control his anger.

Barman Stanton
17-06-2019, 12:14 PM

Good post. People forget the likes of this in the internet instant-rage age.

we are hibs
17-06-2019, 02:23 PM
You actually think he wanted to spit on the child? Obviously not. He would've regretted it and apologized like 99% of people do after making a very silly mistake. The real bad guy is the one bringing his child up by setting the example of abusing other human beings for no reason. Carragher make a mistake but at least it was provoked.

Otherwise came across as a sound, genuine and knowledgeable guy throughout his career.

Don't see people on here calling Martin Boyle despicable for drink driving and he could've killed someone, significantly worse than gobbing.

Abuse? As far as I recall he asked what the score was. Hardly like he was calling him a dirty Scouse this or that. Pretty harmless jibe. He has probably heard far worse on and off the park. The "abuse" was Certainly not one that would merit him gobbing in the direction where he knew a child was sitting regardless of it was intended to hit her that's irrelevant. He knew a young child was sitting there and he shouldn't have reacted.

vuefrom1875
17-06-2019, 02:35 PM

And also a complete toss#r.

HFC93
17-06-2019, 02:59 PM
Worth also noting that spitting at someone is common assault. Posters conflating it with crimes that are more serious and African dictators is odd.

Fuzzywuzzy
17-06-2019, 03:18 PM
As crass as spitting at/on anyone is wtf is the guy doing filming while driving let alone with his kid in the car.

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Abuse? As far as I recall he asked what the score was. Hardly like he was calling him a dirty Scouse this or that. Pretty harmless jibe. He has probably heard far worse on and off the park. The "abuse" was Certainly not one that would merit him gobbing in the direction where he knew a child was sitting regardless of it was intended to hit her that's irrelevant. He knew a young child was sitting there and he shouldn't have reacted.
Strange you've ignored the Boyle point entirely. Suggests to me your problem is actually with Carragher and not really his actions.

When did anyone say he should've done it? My point was the reaction on here to it is ridiculous

Itsnoteasy
17-06-2019, 06:02 PM

No the Martin Boyle & Marvin Bartley incidents are glossed over & if you mention it your a YAM. Let's not condone other clubs failings when we have our own to worry about.

MWHIBBIES
17-06-2019, 08:21 PM
No the Martin Boyle & Marvin Bartley incidents are glossed over & if you mention it your a YAM. Let's not condone other clubs failings when we have our own to worry about.

Seems like it, no replies to my mention of him at all.

Iggy Pope
17-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Faults on both sides but no need for his over reaction

Started off as light hearted banter

Why not just ignore it and drive on?

I find it easy to ignore Jamie really as I can never understand a ****ing word he says.

BILLYHIBS
17-06-2019, 08:42 PM
I find it easy to ignore Jamie really as I can never understand a ****ing word he says.