PDA

View Full Version : If Hibs received ‘major investment’

.Sean.
14-06-2019, 12:10 PM
Hypothetical and more than likely not a chance in Hell of it happening, but how much investment would be too much? Would you be happy supporting Hibs, sitting in a stadium with loads of football tourists and supporters who’ve jumped on the bandwagon cause Hibs are winning every week?

I imagine it would be pretty boring being even a Celtic supporter, you only need to look at their support who are so used to domestic success a sizeable number of them don’t even hang around for trophy presentations any more.

I’d be happy with investment but I wouldn’t want the soul being ripped out of the club and thousands of plastics jumping on board. In saying that I would however be over the moon with the occasional league win, continually being competitive up the top of the league rather as having as many pish seasons as decent ones, European trips every year, frequent Hampden pitch invasions in May and ragdolling Hearts 3/4 times a season :greengrin

The 90+2
14-06-2019, 12:17 PM
I don’t think Easter Road would have loads of added extras as we almost sell out already, it would be probably hard to get a match ticket until we expand the stadium.

I would never get tired of horsing hearts! Added to the fact it would never get boring winning cups against Celtic and the huns plus the European adventures would be incredible. It’s boring for a generation of Celtic fans because all they know is success. We would savour every last bit because of looking from the outside for years.

BoomtownHibees
14-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Hypothetical and more than likely not a chance in Hell of it happening, but how much investment would be too much? Would you be happy supporting Hibs, sitting in a stadium with loads of football tourists and supporters who’ve jumped on the bandwagon cause Hibs are winning every week?

I imagine it would be pretty boring being even a Celtic supporter, you only need to look at their support who are so used to domestic success a sizeable number of them don’t even hang around for trophy presentations any more.

I’d be happy with investment but I wouldn’t want the soul being ripped out of the club and thousands of plastics jumping on board. In saying that I would however be over the moon with the occasional league win, continually being competitive up the top of the league rather as having as many pish seasons as decent ones, European trips every year, frequent Hampden pitch invasions in May and ragdolling Hearts 3/4 times a season :greengrin

I wouldn’t get bored of it in my lifetime and that’s all that matters to me 😁

NAE NOOKIE
14-06-2019, 12:22 PM

I get where you are coming from. I feel extremely sorry for the die hard Man City fans who stuck with their club through years and years of dross and who are now lumped in with the 'new' fans the club has attracted …. If anybody deserves the club's recent success they do, they must be really annoyed at the glory hunter accusations levelled at the club's fans.

As for us. Celtic and Rangers / Sevco for decade after decade have dominated our game on the back of stealing fans who already have local clubs to support from every region of Scotland and perpetuated a money making rivalry based on hatred and bigotry which has little if anything to do with football … what could be more artificial than that? If Hibs were to put a stop to that on the back of a cash injection from some multi billionaire I for one wouldn't feel bad or guilty about it in the slightest.

Bring it on :aok:

Greencore
14-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Then it's settled, bring back loyalty points...

Billy Whizz
14-06-2019, 12:25 PM
Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s to build the indoor football pitch at East Mains?
Just a hunch

Diclonius
14-06-2019, 12:43 PM
I want enough investment for us to be the top dog amongst us, Hearts and Aberdeen, with an occasional shot at the title and a cup every 4/5 years.

I don't want us to become a soulless artificially rich Man City/PSG.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-06-2019, 12:47 PM
Id want investment on the team first and facilities second.....no point having a great training centre if we have a mid table team battling for top six every year

NAE NOOKIE
14-06-2019, 12:52 PM
Id want investment on the team first and facilities second.....no point having a great training centre if we have a mid table team battling for top six every year

Sod that ……………. lets do both :thumbsup:

RobR27
14-06-2019, 01:02 PM
I get where you are coming from. I feel extremely sorry for the die hard Man City fans who stuck with their club through years and years of dross and who are now lumped in with the 'new' fans the club has attracted …. If anybody deserves the club's recent success they do, they must be really annoyed at the glory hunter accusations levelled at the club's fans.

As for us. Celtic and Rangers / Sevco for decade after decade have dominated our game on the back of stealing fans who already have local clubs to support from every region of Scotland and perpetuated a money making rivalry based on hatred and bigotry which has little if anything to do with football … what could be more artificial than that? If Hibs were to put a stop to that on the back of a cash injection from some multi billionaire I for one wouldn't feel bad or guilty about it in the slightest.

Bring it on :aok:

I'm sure they survive

The 90+2
14-06-2019, 01:10 PM
I'm sure they survive

Having arguably the best manager and best team in the world must soften the blow of not having to feed the Goat anymore.

matty_f
14-06-2019, 01:20 PM

As things stand, there isn't a whole lot of room at Easter Road for the tourists because our support has been almost filling the stadium regularly.

southsider
14-06-2019, 01:30 PM
As things stand, there isn't a whole lot of room at Easter Road for the tourists because our support has been almost filling the stadium regularly.

Once we fill in the corners,,,,,,

heretoday
14-06-2019, 01:33 PM
I'm fed up with the struggle season after season with the occasional cup that cheers.
Before I die I want a Man City amount of investment, domination of Scottish football like Celtic and a world class stadium with comfy seats and quality food and drink on offer.

lyonhibs
14-06-2019, 01:34 PM
I'd quite like a 5-10 year stretch when we absolutely skoosh the league à few times, win a couple of cups and have some real big European games back at ER. Then some non cataclysmic resettling of the equilibrium to be the definite 3rd force in Scotland, giving the OF a real run for their money and continuing to do reasonably well in the cups.

So a combo of Hibs in the 60's and Aberdeen in the 80's before cementing our place as the 3rd force in Scottish football.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me........ :greengrin

Hermit Crab
14-06-2019, 01:38 PM
I'm fed up with the struggle season after season with the occasional cup that cheers.
Before I die I want a Man City amount of investment, domination of Scottish football like Celtic and a world class stadium with comfy seats and quality food and drink on offer.

I hope you're still young as that is not happening anytime soon.

Hibbyradge
14-06-2019, 01:38 PM
Why would tourists at games bother anyone?

Why is it even a talking point?

easty
14-06-2019, 01:41 PM

wouldn't bother me if the seats that would otherwise be empty were bought by tourists.

The Modfather
14-06-2019, 01:43 PM

It’s just inverse snobbery

Hibbyradge
14-06-2019, 01:46 PM
wouldn't bother me if the seats that would otherwise be empty were bought by tourists.

Precisely.

I doubt that the tens of thousands of Man United season ticket holders are too bothered about the tourists who are ripping the soul out of the club.

It's all very ubery.

hibbie02
14-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Having arguably the best manager and best team in the world must soften the blow of not having to feed the Goat anymore.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

.Sean.
14-06-2019, 02:04 PM

It’s just inverse snobbery
It’s not inverse snobbery at all and you both know exactly what I mean.

Football tourists, the losers who stand with their phones out all game recording the whole thing for strangers on social media and wear half and half scarves, that type of tourist.

Barman Stanton
14-06-2019, 02:12 PM

Football tourists, the losers who stand with their phones out all game recording the whole thing for strangers on social media and wear half and half scarves, that type of tourist.

We are close to selling out every game anyway so its not like we could even entertain that many tourists.

But as a tourist city we really should be trying to get more of them along to Easter Road anyway. Have always thought its a massive missed opportunity with the amount of tourists Edinburgh gets. Not all tourists are 'losers who stand with there phones out'. What about the Hibs fans that go to other countries to watch games, they are tourists.

CapitalGreen
14-06-2019, 02:19 PM

I've seen loads of Hibs season ticket holders filming things at the game on their phones. Not sure this is something unique to tourists.

Hibbyradge
14-06-2019, 02:36 PM

Why are they losers if they're doing what they want to do?

I was thinking about going to see a game in the Maracanã in Rio in September. No doubt I'd have taken my phone out and shot pictures and video.

Should I not go now?

Whether it's inverse snobbery or not, it's definitely an Uber fan thing to worry about. Thinking that you're somehow better than folk enjoying themselves.

Hibbyradge
14-06-2019, 02:42 PM
I've seen loads of Hibs season ticket holders filming things at the game on their phones. Not sure this is something unique to tourists.

:agree:

There are always videos of big Hibs games on YouTube.

I'd post one of the clips I took at Tripolis but the wi-fi on this train is crap.

Man Down Under
14-06-2019, 02:42 PM

Football tourists, the losers who stand with their phones out all game recording the whole thing for strangers on social media and wear half and half scarves, that type of tourist.Turning the stadium into a pillow fortress.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190614/8eccb2948940f812dd06b9c977aec702.jpg

erin go bragh
14-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Just a hunch

Doing the rounds that it’s 2m Billy . To go on that pitch and players .

Billy Whizz
14-06-2019, 03:05 PM

Thanks, didn’t know the sums involved
Wonder how much training centre indoor facility cost. Will need seating if Hibs were to play a Youth Scottish Cup match indoors

04Sauzee
14-06-2019, 03:07 PM

Not sure how much it would be for the indoor covered pitch but I didn't think there would be a lot of change out of 1m? I thought I had read that was the original estimate but happy to be corrected

hhibs
14-06-2019, 04:30 PM
I'd quite like a 5-10 year stretch when we absolutely skoosh the league à few times, win a couple of cups and have some real big European games back at ER. Then some non cataclysmic resettling of the equilibrium to be the definite 3rd force in Scotland, giving the OF a real run for their money and continuing to do reasonably well in the cups.

So a combo of Hibs in the 60's and Aberdeen in the 80's before cementing our place as the 3rd force in Scottish football.

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me........ :greengrin

Should that be the 70's for us rather the 60's ?

Onceinawhile
14-06-2019, 04:48 PM

Or 50s?

hibbysam
14-06-2019, 05:05 PM
One league title and a champions league group stage amount of investment. We could then continue that domination of the multimillions it would provide.

lyonhibs
16-06-2019, 12:22 PM

I was thinking from the "big games in Europe" point of view there. A lot of the most famous ones were in the 60's, unless I'm much mistaken no? :confused:

Since452
16-06-2019, 12:30 PM
Would hate to become a Manchester City. New stadium and tourist fans. Wouldn't take much investment in a Scottish club to challenge Celtic imo. I sometimes think investors miss a trick with Scottish sides. Easy route to Champions League if you beat Celtic.

Hibbyradge
16-06-2019, 12:43 PM
Would hate to become a Manchester City. New stadium and tourist fans. Wouldn't take much investment in a Scottish club to challenge Celtic imo. I sometimes think investors miss a trick with Scottish sides. Easy route to Champions League if you beat Celtic.

What's wrong with tourists wanting to watch football on holiday?

Ringothedog
16-06-2019, 12:54 PM
I love that people think it wouldn’t take much investment to challenge Celtc, the new huns have about 5 times our income and are still nowhere near challenging for a league title. We would need at least £15m extra every year to start challenging for league titles.

Since452
16-06-2019, 01:09 PM
I love that people think it wouldn’t take much investment to challenge Celtc, the new huns have about 5 times our income and are still nowhere near challenging for a league title. We would need at least £15m extra every year to start challenging for league titles.

Thats tiny compared to the hundreds of millions being invested down south

Hermit Crab
16-06-2019, 01:12 PM

Agree:agree:, £15m might be a good starting point to challenge for the title but we'd need a lot more. That figure is still chicken feed to Celtic though.

Ringothedog
16-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Thats tiny compared to the hundreds of millions being invested down south

We are not down south and our game has nowhere near the prestige or coverage that would make it worthwhile for an investor/owner to put that much money into us

Since452
16-06-2019, 04:13 PM
We are not down south and our game has nowhere near the prestige or coverage that would make it worthwhile for an investor/owner to put that much money into us

My point still stands though. Compared to English clubs it wouldn't take much investment to challenge Celtic

Keith_M
16-06-2019, 04:14 PM
What's wrong with tourists wanting to watch football on holiday?

They should be banned.

04Sauzee
16-06-2019, 04:18 PM
My point still stands though. Compared to English clubs it wouldn't take much investment to challenge Celtic

It might and it might not
I guess it all has to come down to the structure and the recruitment. Hearts under Vlad should have done so much better than they did. Ok they won a couple of cups but done nothing of note in the league and didn't buy many players they sold on for a huge profit. They got very lucky with the Gordon money

Monts
16-06-2019, 04:29 PM
It might and it might not
I guess it all has to come down to the structure and the recruitment. Hearts under Vlad should have done so much better than they did. Ok they won a couple of cups but done nothing of note in the league and didn't buy many players they sold on for a huge profit. They got very lucky with the Gordon money
They would've been challenging for the league in the Burley season if Romanov wasn't such a madman.

04Sauzee
16-06-2019, 04:31 PM
They would've been challenging for the league in the Burley season if Romanov wasn't such a madman.

We will never know 😏

Hibernian32
16-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Agree:agree:, £15m might be a good starting point to challenge for the title but we'd need a lot more. That figure is still chicken feed to Celtic though.

Exactly 1 decent player down there cost 50mil put 25 in hibs and you've got champions league income

Since90+2
16-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Exactly 1 decent player down there cost 50mil put 25 in hibs and you've got champions league income

The Champions League is incredibly difficult to qualify for , Celtic struggle each year and their coefficient dwarfs ours.

Hibernian32
16-06-2019, 11:50 PM
The Champions League is incredibly difficult to qualify for , Celtic struggle each year and their coefficient dwarfs ours.

I think 25mil would do it, unfortunately I dont have that sort of money to prove it😂😂

04Sauzee
17-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Not the investment I was expecting

Peevemor
17-06-2019, 12:05 PM
Not the investment I was expectingCould that not be an HSL block?

04Sauzee
17-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Could that not be an HSL block?

Probably I have no idea about these things

Ringothedog
17-06-2019, 12:21 PM
Could that not be an HSL block?

It will be HSL

Keith_M
17-06-2019, 12:31 PM
I'd like lifts to the West and FF Upper stands, so the auld fogies don't have to use the stairs.

Oh and chips, please

CockneyRebel
17-06-2019, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=Keith_M;5814673]I'd like lifts to the West and FF Upper stands, so the auld fogies don't have to use the stairs.

Amen to that

jakedance
17-06-2019, 01:01 PM
I’d absolutely love for Hibs to be one of the richest clubs in the world, winning everything in sight, striking fear into biggest clubs in Europe and having the best players in the world. I’m glad to have lived the struggle and savour the occasional success, now I’m ready for the glamour years.

Hibbyradge
17-06-2019, 01:13 PM
I would move abroad and become a fully fledged tourist fan just to annoy the uber folk who think that they're better than that. :wink:

Keith_M
17-06-2019, 01:20 PM
I would move abroad and become a fully fledged tourist fan just to annoy the uber folk who think that they're better than that. :wink:

What are you on about, you already DO live abroad!!!

Glory hunting bassa!

:na na:

Hibbyradge
17-06-2019, 01:48 PM
What are you on about, you already DO live abroad!!!

Glory hunting bassa!

:na na:

I've already got a half and half York City/Hibs scarf, but I won't be truly happy until I've got a Hibs/Bangkok United one.

WeeRussell
17-06-2019, 02:35 PM

Phone-filming losers also allowed me to watch a couple of games I otherwise wouldn’t have over the past couple of seasons.. including at least one European tie.

I’ve never seen a half and half scarf at Easter road. If I did I wouldn’t consider them losers any more than those waving Irish flags at hearts fans. (That’s a personal opinion and not an attempt at restarting the dreaded flag debate)

WeeRussell
17-06-2019, 02:36 PM
Oh and I could quickly forgive myself for enjoying Man City-like sudden success :)

EastThomasSTboy
18-06-2019, 12:09 PM
Just a hunch

I think there might be something in this! Mostly around the expansion/extension of East Mains!!.:flag:

HoboHarry
18-06-2019, 12:31 PM

I've already got a half and half York City/Hibs scarf, but I won't be truly happy until I've got a Hibs/Bangkok United one.
I could get a Hibs/Houston Dynamo scarf - the green and orange might confuse the neanderthals on my next visit to Glesga........ :greengrin