PDA

View Full Version : Hull in for Heckingbottom

Hannah_hfc
12-06-2019, 09:54 PM
Noticing the Sun and the Daily Record both posting in the last 10 minutes that Hull are interested in Heckingbottom

Hope there isn’t much in it given the sources...

Edit: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4359156/paul-heckingbottom-hibs-hull-city-shock-move-considered/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Link Provided
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernian32
12-06-2019, 09:56 PM
Not gonna happen

Hermit Crab
12-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Very unlikely he’ll go.

The_Horde
12-06-2019, 10:03 PM
Out

Jamesie
12-06-2019, 10:32 PM
If he wants to go then he should go.

SON OF PADDY
12-06-2019, 10:35 PM
The Sun and The Daily Record !
Well it must be true ?

Hannah_hfc
12-06-2019, 10:53 PM
Well it must be true ?

Normally don’t take what either say seriously, but I was a bit worried that both papers came out with the story at the same time.

I’m guessing we’re going to have to get used to this every time a lower PL/ Championship team have a vacancy [emoji849]

The 90+2
12-06-2019, 10:59 PM
Agent work?

The 90+2
12-06-2019, 11:01 PM
Well it must be true ?

Why not? Our head of communications came from one of them. Not that I think it’s linked. Scottish suns editor is a hibs fan also.

Ronniekirk
13-06-2019, 12:02 AM
This is second job he has been linked to yet he is hardly in the door and was unemployed for months
He sounds a decent guy and I would think he would want to at least give next season a go and if he continues to do well then offers will come in but we really cAnt be letting him go at this point when he has already brought players in and other moves are in pipeline
Fed up with us losing key people quickly Feels like it happens to us more than other Clubs but probably just the way I am feeling after reading the post

Forza Fred
13-06-2019, 03:14 AM
This is second job he has been linked to yet he is hardly in the door and was unemployed for months
He sounds a decent guy and I would think he would want to at least give next season a go and if he continues to do well then offers will come in but we really cAnt be letting him go at this point when he has already brought players in and other moves are in pipeline
Fed up with us losing key people quickly Feels like it happens to us more than other Clubs but probably just the way I am feeling after reading the post

Don’t think the Hull story is based on anything other than a need to fill column inches by the papers mentioned.

On another note, when it comes to people leaving when ‘hardly in the door’..Hecky actually left to join Leeds 4 days after signing a contract with Barnsley.

Ronniekirk
13-06-2019, 03:27 AM
Don’t think the Hull story is based on anything other than a need to fill column inches by the papers mentioned.

On another note, when it comes to people leaving when ‘hardly in the door’..Hecky actually left to join Leeds 4 days after signing a contract with Barnsley.

Cheers Wasn’t aware of that last fact Assume The Board we’re and would play hard ball to get decent compensation if he was lured away

Colr
13-06-2019, 05:38 AM
Well it must be true ?

That's funny. They usually only run a story like this when we're due to play Rangers.

we are hibs
13-06-2019, 06:42 AM
Both he and Appleton are 6/1 with skybet. Both have the same agent.

Since452
13-06-2019, 06:45 AM
We have a very good manager it seems. Like i said when he was linked to Middlesbrough i highly doubt he'd jump ship so quickly after his experience at Leeds.

PapillonVert
13-06-2019, 06:46 AM
That's funny. They usually only run a story like this when we're due to play Rangers.

They're practising for the new season.

Golden Bear
13-06-2019, 07:24 AM
I was hearing yesterday that Middlesborough are still interested in Heckie and I didn't believe a word.

The Hull "rumour" is more than likely false news and something we may have to put up with as long as our Manager is doing ok.

Speedway
13-06-2019, 07:33 AM
Not at all convinced by the boy or the calibre of his first two signings

No problem at all if he goes.

Heisenberg
13-06-2019, 07:39 AM

This post is gash.

Barman Stanton
13-06-2019, 07:44 AM
Looks like he is being linked with pretty much every job below the Premier down south. If he has a good season I don't see him being around for long unfortunately.

Jim44
13-06-2019, 07:47 AM

Fair enough. We’re all entitled to our opinion and, who knows, PH might not take us to dizzy heights, but based on his time so far, it would be beneficial for the club to experience a reasonable spell of stability with a decent manager.

Speedway
13-06-2019, 07:51 AM
Fair enough. We’re all entitled to our opinion and, who knows, PH might not take us to dizzy heights, but based on his time so far, it would be beneficial for the club to experience a reasonable spell of stability with a decent manager.

Agreed.

Keith_M
13-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Havent we already had this story, but a different club?

What's next, Chelsea to sign Levein?

jacomo
13-06-2019, 08:26 AM
Havent we already had this story, but s different club?

What's next, Chelsea to sign Levein?

Personal terms agreed, but when they started talking about trophies Levein got cold sweats and returned to Edinburgh.

Keith_M
13-06-2019, 08:27 AM

That's fair enough, it's all about opinions.

I'd rather wait to see how he gets on with his own signings and a full season under his belt before writing him off.

DarlingtonHibee
13-06-2019, 08:29 AM

We've not even started the pre season!!!

Love how many experts we have on here with football badges 🙄

Souter96Mac
13-06-2019, 08:31 AM
I was hearing yesterday that Middlesborough are still interested in Heckie and I didn't believe a word.

The Hull "rumour" is more than likely false news and something we may have to put up with as long as our Manager is doing ok.

Woodgate is taking the Boro job.

iwasthere1972
13-06-2019, 08:56 AM

You've hooked a few already. :greengrin

sean04
13-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Potential candidate along with another 20 guys who they have identified as a possible next manager. Non story

MikeyS
13-06-2019, 09:03 AM
He was apparently approached by a team down south back in March/April but turned down the chance to talk with them.

Will all depend on the cash I suppose but he seems to be enjoying it here and he's certainly busy building a side so hopefully he rejects this too.

MagicSwirlingShip
13-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Can we change this thread title to “Hull linked with Heckingbottom”

Heedersnvolleys
13-06-2019, 09:09 AM
Whether Hull have approached or not it must be being banded about by his agent he is keen to get back down south as soon as he can?

green day
13-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Mark Atkinson EEN just tweeted that due to his record he will be linked with lots of Championship roles - however he is happy here and working hard on pre-season

https://twitter.com/monsieuratko/status/1139092281728937985?s=19

MikeyS
13-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Whether Hull have approached or not it must be being banded about by his agent he is keen to get back down south as soon as he can?

Or just an agent doing the job he's presumably very well paid for. Whether we like it or not our manager's (and players) agents will all be touting their clients at every possible chance. Its just the way it goes.

Wakeyhibee
13-06-2019, 09:31 AM
Journo to Hull Recruitment/Chairman: "you're looking for a new manager, PH is doing a great job at Hibs, would you be looking at him?"

Hull Rep: "Yes we probably will, amongst many others"

Headline: ..........."Hull in for PH"

As long as he's doing reasonably well he'll be linked with every northern managerless club from the Championship down at least. Maybe some Prem and Southern clubs also.

We'd better get used to this and remember that it's not what's in the headline that matters, rather what's not.

If it said Hull to hold talks after many interviews I'd be worried.

Hibernian32
13-06-2019, 09:37 AM
3rd at chrimbo and he's gone and we are back where we were last january.

Fickle old game this one. get a good manager in he's gone in 6months a year. Mediocre manager stick around 2 years has a " faze" then sacked.

Northernhibee
13-06-2019, 09:42 AM
I think it just shows how much of a coup it's been to get Heckingbottom. I think we were so distracted by the likelihood of Appleton that we didn't appreciate at the time that we've got a really highly regarded manager with modern methods on our hands.

I think he'll hang around for at least one full season IMO as he had his fingers burned at Leeds and he needs to make sure that the job he does now is as good as Barnsley and I don't think he'll jump ship without extremely careful consideration first.

Smartie
13-06-2019, 09:52 AM
3rd at chrimbo and he's gone and we are back where we were last january.

Fickle old game this one. get a good manager in he's gone in 6months a year. Mediocre manager stick around 2 years has a " faze" then sacked.

I know which of these situations I would prefer.

If he gets some decent work done this summer, he shuffles off with us 3rd in December and the rest of the club stays the same, I'd trust the club to replace him adequately.

He's not the messiah. He's the head coach.

One Day Soon
13-06-2019, 10:09 AM
I think it just shows how much of a coup it's been to get Heckingbottom. I think we were so distracted by the likelihood of Appleton that we didn't appreciate at the time that we've got a really highly regarded manager with modern methods on our hands.

I think he'll hang around for at least one full season IMO as he had his fingers burned at Leeds and he needs to make sure that the job he does now is as good as Barnsley and I don't think he'll jump ship without extremely careful consideration first.

I don't agree with this - yet.

We finished fifth under PH. We had a good initial run and then not great after the split. The signs so far are good but the jury is definitely out in terms of both style of play and achievement.

He will be one of a pack of people seen as possibilities for these kinds of jobs - clearly they can't all get those jobs and of those that do only a limited number will be successful.

It's way too early so say that getting him has been either a coup or a mistake.

The 90+2
13-06-2019, 10:13 AM
Or just an agent doing the job he's presumably very well paid for. Whether we like it or not our manager's (and players) agents will all be touting their clients at every possible chance. Its just the way it goes.

You think a manager would be happy to be touted about clubs by his agent “doing his job” when it could potentially scupper transfer dealings at this time of the year or unsettle this current squad at other times of the season questioning his commitment? I would presume he’s raging at his agent putting distractions in place while he’s trying to build a squad.

IWasThere2016
13-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Why not? Our head of communications came from one of them. Not that I think it’s linked. Scottish suns editor is a hibs fan also.

And posts here

Both he and Appleton are 6/1 with skybet. Both have the same agent.

It is their agent as source

:greengrin

Jones28
13-06-2019, 10:18 AM

Is this a serious post?😂

MikeyS
13-06-2019, 10:51 AM
You think a manager would be happy to be touted about clubs by his agent “doing his job” when it could potentially scupper transfer dealings at this time of the year or unsettle this current squad at other times of the season questioning his commitment? I would presume he’s raging at his agent putting distractions in place while he’s trying to build a squad.

It would only scupper deals for the club he'd be leaving though. If a manager was given a job say doubling his wages, he would no doubt be given a transfer fund dwarfing his previous clubs budget and most likely wouldn't give a ***** about what he was previously trying to build.

jacomo
13-06-2019, 10:52 AM
Is this a serious post?😂

He keeps on saying it so he must believe it.

The 90+2
13-06-2019, 10:59 AM
It would only scupper deals for the club he'd be leaving though. If a manager was given a job say doubling his wages, he would no doubt be given a transfer fund dwarfing his previous clubs budget and most likely wouldn't give a ***** about what he was previously trying to build.

It would place a bit of doubt in the mind of any player the manager was trying to sell the club to. Imo I don’t think he will be happy to be linked with these clubs if happy right now here and wouldn’t be advising his agent to get him linked.

As for the second part, he took a risk with basket case Leeds for all the benefits you explain, he got his fingers burnt and came out of it looking slightly unloyal to Barnsley. I highly doubt he will do the same 6 months in to go to Hull, who’s manager just walked out on.

MikeyS
13-06-2019, 11:14 AM
It would place a bit of doubt in the mind of any player the manager was trying to sell the club to. Imo I don’t think he will be happy to be linked with these clubs if happy right now here and wouldn’t be advising his agent to get him linked.

As for the second part, he took a risk with basket case Leeds for all the benefits you explain, he got his fingers burnt and came out of it looking slightly unloyal to Barnsley. I highly doubt he will do the same 6 months in to go to Hull, who’s manager just walked out on.

I'm not sure that players are generally that bothered who the manager may be. There will be exceptions of course, but these guys get brought in on 2/3/4 year deals and regularly out last the manager that brought them in.look at McNulty & Omeonga last season, didnt seem to put any doubt in their performances that Lennon left before their deals where even finalised.

Anyway, I actually agree with you on the 2nd part. He seems an honest man who has had a bad experience in the past moving to a big club and I do feel he won't jump ship straight away. As I previously mentioned he's had a chance already to do this and didnt & I'd hope that he takes the same stance here if there is any truth to the Hull rumour.if he does though, so be it. We will survive.

where'stheslope
13-06-2019, 11:41 AM
As soon as any manager or player comes up with an unexpected performance, they are put straight into the shop window!
When Heckie arrived we were on the fall in the division, he pulled us right up to 5th, so its only to be expected that others will be looking at his methods!!!!

Squealing pig
13-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Hope Hecky comes out and dedicated his near future to the hibees

Brightside
13-06-2019, 12:07 PM
I wish the season would start!:greengrin

Northernhibee
13-06-2019, 01:04 PM
I don't agree with this - yet.

We finished fifth under PH. We had a good initial run and then not great after the split. The signs so far are good but the jury is definitely out in terms of both style of play and achievement.

He will be one of a pack of people seen as possibilities for these kinds of jobs - clearly they can't all get those jobs and of those that do only a limited number will be successful.

It's way too early so say that getting him has been either a coup or a mistake.

Top six looked beyond us when he took over. Fifth was a fantastic achievement with a demoralised, thin squad.

Onion
13-06-2019, 01:18 PM
EEN knew what they were doing with the headline of "Heckingbottom leaving Hibs for Hull City.... would be premature". Very naughty.

green with envy
13-06-2019, 01:35 PM

That would mean absolutely nothing i'm afraid. Remember Judas McLeish?

Smartie
13-06-2019, 01:37 PM

I'd rather he continued to focus on getting the squad together for the new season.

The 90+2
13-06-2019, 01:48 PM
Top six looked beyond us when he took over. Fifth was a fantastic achievement with a demoralised, thin squad.

Definitely. Must have made us a few £ too.

eastmainsmsh
13-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Hull chairman saying he is willing to pay compensation for their new manager linked with rotherhams Paul warne hope hecky stays

Since452
13-06-2019, 02:01 PM

I was actually worried about a Butcheresque type slide to the playoffs. We were in that kind of form. The transformation was remarkable.

Since452
13-06-2019, 02:02 PM
What division are Hull in?

iwasthere1972
13-06-2019, 02:07 PM
What division are Hull in?

Championship. Finished 13th last season.

Do you get Google? :wink:

HoboHarry
13-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Championship. Finished 13th last season.

Do you get Google? :wink:
Ach it can be confusing right enough - I googled Hull and got this along with something about leagues under the sea.......

Stonewall
13-06-2019, 02:19 PM
That's fair enough, it's all about opinions.

I'd rather wait to see how he gets on with his own signings and a full season under his belt before writing him off.

There’s a difference between an opinion and a pile of unsubstantiated nonsense.

HFC93
13-06-2019, 02:29 PM
Hecky is going to be linked with lots of jobs in England, we’ll have to get used it. I would rather have someone in demand leading our club opposed to a has been.

Since452
13-06-2019, 02:55 PM
I've always found Hibs managers are sounded out far quicker than their Hearts or Aberdeen counterparts. Off the top of my head I remember us losing McLeish, Mowbray and Stubbs over the years. McInness has been at the sheep for years after impressive league positions (i know he's turned down a couple of jobs) and can only remember Jefferies leaving Hearts for Bradford. Always found it slightly annoying as soon as we do reasonably well our managers are linked to everyone. Heckys barely in the door.

Speedway
13-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Bear in mind why Hull's last manager left.

EdinMike
13-06-2019, 03:04 PM
Bu... bu... but The Rangers and Celtic aren’t playing us this week !!

The 90+2
13-06-2019, 03:14 PM
I've always found Hibs managers are sounded out far quicker than their Hearts or Aberdeen counterparts. Off the top of my head I remember us losing McLeish, Mowbray and Stubbs over the years. McInness has been at the sheep for years (i know he's turned down a couple of jobs) and can only remember Jefferies leaving Hearts for Bradford. Always found it slightly annoying as soon as we do reasonably well our managers are linked to everyone.

Mr Moneyspinner jumped ship from hertz for the mighty MK Dons. Mcinness seems to be the exception, if successful they jump ship.

Since452
13-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Mr Moneyspinner jumped ship from hertz for the mighty MK Dons. Mcinness seems to be the exception, if successful they jump ship.

True. Forgot about him. Potter to Leicester too

Just Jimmy
13-06-2019, 03:21 PM
managers are lucky to even get 18 months now. even at the two exceptions to that rule, Manchester United and arsenal, that's no longer the case.

would you turn down a pay rise and a refresher to that 18 month contract if you were 8 to 12 months in? it's a percentage game.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
13-06-2019, 03:33 PM
Can’t say I’d be too bothered if he left.

He’s never going to be with us longish term so if he wants to go now then fine.

Jim44
13-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Can’t say I’d be too bothered if he left.

He’s never going to be with us longish term so if he wants to go now then fine.

He’s not saying he wants to go. It’s run of the mill paper talk which will likely come to nothing. As I said in an earlier thread, we deserve a settled period with a decent manager and not yet another untimely, unsettling disruption taking us back to square one just before the build up to a new season.

Unseen work
13-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Think Heckingbottom is too clever to leave already.

Going by his interviews since he’s got the job and for the period he was unemployed, he speaks a lot about self reflection and looking for the exact job that is right for him. Every detail was right for us and that’s why he took it, he also said he thinks that’s why things went wrong at Leeds as he went without properly looking into it.

Being however long out the game also highlights he won’t just take a job for the sake of it or for money.

With us he has his enthusiasm back and seems to be loving life here. He’s got off to a good start with transfers too being able to sign two players of the calibre he wanted before pre season has began.

Can’t believe the criticism he is getting too, we were rank before he came in and he managed to get us some very good results and finish 5th (which seemed impossible).

I’m very excited to see us next season.

Northernhibee
13-06-2019, 05:10 PM
I was actually worried about a Butcheresque type slide to the playoffs. We were in that kind of form. The transformation was remarkable.

The football, man management and feel about the club in the last 2-3 months of Lennons reign was every bit as bad as Terry Butchers. Freak result against Celtic aside, we were awful and his public treatment of certain players was absolutely howling.

5th was an utter miracle.

hibs#1
13-06-2019, 05:25 PM
No danger he'd even entertain the idea about joining Hull. He spoke a lot about picking the right club after getting binned early with Leeds.Hulls owners don't exactly have the best reputation.

I have no doubt he will want to go back down south at some point in his career but I believe he's smart enough to pick the right moment. Hopefully after he has been a success here and his reputation fully recovered.

Keith_M
13-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Is this a serious post?😂

He's posted the same thing a few times already, so I presume he's serious.

Craigmount Hibs
13-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Hecky is going to be linked with lots of jobs in England, we’ll have to get used it. I would rather have someone in demand leading our club opposed to a has been.

I agree with this

Deansy
13-06-2019, 06:44 PM
And still no-one's in for Gerard !

Scouse Hibee
13-06-2019, 06:49 PM

Houlier?

number9dream
13-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Hull Daily Mail quoting a long list of targets with the only mention of PH “the Scottish Sun reports”...
He can’t have had many offers in the seven months he was out of work after leaving Leeds, otherwise we wouldn’t have got him and taking Hibs from 8th to 5th isn’t going to excite too many English Championship chairmen.
I smell BS.

madhatter
13-06-2019, 07:37 PM
Hull Daily Mail quoting a long list of targets with the only mention of PH “the Scottish Sun reports”...
He can’t have had many offers in the seven months he was out of work after leaving Leeds, otherwise we wouldn’t have got him and taking Hibs from 8th to 5th isn’t going to excite too many English Championship chairmen.
I smell BS.

I read this as an attempt to unsettle because I think Rangers are worried about other clubs in-and-around them. Hibs seem to be the common target though, any player or manager that does mediocre at Hibs is sought after according to the "media". I think Hecky could do a great job at Hibs but let's be honest he hasn't done anything yet. Even when you objectively look at the good run we had - there were a lot of games where we were fortunate to get the 3 points. Many hard working games but very few games where we had control and bossed the other team. You can see he has good tactical knowledge, can set out a team and influence the match with subs but I think against some teams we've been far too negative/structured when we should attack with more freedom especially with only 1 upfront. After our good run we became a bit of a hoofball team tbh. Hecky seems to know this though, hence midfield restructuring.

Hope we see a good season (minimum) out of Hecky. Never understood the urgency with managers to leave something good - look at Stubbs' managerial career after he left Hibs...

Hermit Crab
14-06-2019, 08:17 AM
I read this as an attempt to unsettle because I think Rangers are worried about other clubs in-and-around them. Hibs seem to be the common target though, any player or manager that does mediocre at Hibs is sought after according to the "media". I think Hecky could do a great job at Hibs but let's be honest he hasn't done anything yet. Even when you objectively look at the good run we had - there were a lot of games where we were fortunate to get the 3 points. Many hard working games but very few games where we had control and bossed the other team. You can see he has good tactical knowledge, can set out a team and influence the match with subs but I think against some teams we've been far too negative/structured when we should attack with more freedom especially with only 1 upfront. After our good run we became a bit of a hoofball team tbh. Hecky seems to know this though, hence midfield restructuring.

Hope we see a good season (minimum) out of Hecky. Never understood the urgency with managers to leave something good - look at Stubbs' managerial career after he left Hibs...

Maybe the huns are still pissed off about us getting Scott Allan. :greengrin

The 90+2
14-06-2019, 08:25 AM

Liverpool don’t need a new cone operator yet.

Stevie Reid
14-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Woodgate confirmed as Boro manager:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48621624

JimBHibees
14-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Woodgate confirmed as Boro manager:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48621624

On the face of it quite a strange appointment

Since452
14-06-2019, 09:45 AM
Hulls new kit alone would put me off going there. Hideous.

PapillonVert
14-06-2019, 10:00 AM
I think it just shows how much of a coup it's been to get Heckingbottom.

True!

You never read "So-and-so in for Levein."

The 90+2
14-06-2019, 12:50 PM
He doesn’t sound like he’s going anywhere speaking about building plans this year and next, also Flo’ isn’t for sale.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4366145/hibs-paul-heckingbottom-florian-kamberi-part-of-plans-osijek-interest/

cabbageandribs1875
16-06-2019, 08:25 PM
Sarri has left Chelsea for Juventus, the heck will now be linked with the london club

Souter96Mac
16-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Seems Appleton is favourite for the job at Hull

Since452
17-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Seems Appleton is favourite for the job at Hull

Hopefully for him Hull have a good severance package on offer

Wakeyhibee
17-06-2019, 08:04 PM
He'll be linked with the Charlton job now Bowyers not accepted to stay on

SON OF PADDY
18-06-2019, 02:05 PM

I could be wrong, but I always thought that KM came from the SFA ?

04Sauzee
18-06-2019, 02:06 PM
I could be wrong, but I always thought that KM came from the SFA ?

I believe he did,previous to that he worked at the Sun

hibs#1
18-06-2019, 02:09 PM
He'll be linked with the Charlton job now Bowyers not accepted to stay on

I'm sure Bowyer did end up signing a new contract sure I saw it announced on twitter today.

SON OF PADDY
18-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Neither of these Red Tops, are worthy of being called a Newspaper imo.

stokesmessiah
18-06-2019, 04:16 PM
Birmingham City job just became available.

Here’s Lucy!
18-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Birmingham City job just became available.

Poisoned chalice.

Wakeyhibee
18-06-2019, 06:21 PM
I'm sure Bowyer did end up signing a new contract sure I saw it announced on twitter today.

Fair play BBC had him down as him leaving after he rejected the offer a day or so ago

Smartie
19-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Poisoned chalice.

Do they not have something like a 200% wages to turnover ratio?

Keith_M
19-06-2019, 09:00 AM

Don't the FA have any rules in place to prevent things like that?

Smartie
19-06-2019, 09:03 AM

That's what I thought, but I'm sure that when the figures were released a few weeks ago, Birmingham's were the worst.

Billy Whizz
19-06-2019, 09:18 AM

Think the got a points deduction last season
Wonder if they used a clause in Monk’s contract, to remove him, get someone cheaper in

Caversham Green
19-06-2019, 12:00 PM
Think the got a points deduction last season
Wonder if they used a clause in Monk’s contract, to remove him, get someone cheaper in

:agree: They were docked nine points - took them from just below the competition for play-off spots to just above the relegation battle, so no real damage done.

The 90+2
19-06-2019, 12:03 PM
Doncaster manager has been approached by Hull.

Oscar T Grouch
19-06-2019, 12:13 PM

Yes, yammish type overspend at St Andrews, current wage bill is 210% of annual turnover. They are on a fast track to a brick wall at the moment

we are hibs
19-06-2019, 05:18 PM
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grant-mccann-hull-city-manager-2996167.amp?__twitter_impression=true

At the bottom of the story. Claiming Hull have asked to speak to heckingbottom.

bingo70
19-06-2019, 08:23 PM
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/grant-mccann-hull-city-manager-2996167.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Bit concerning that a local paper is reporting that, they’re likely to have good inside knowledge from the club.

19-06-2019, 09:18 PM

Surely we've got to tell them to gtf. Unless they pay a huge amount of compensation it's not going to be worth it. Having to replace him now would be too much of a disruption to the beginning of the season.

bingo70
19-06-2019, 09:21 PM
Surely we've got to tell them to gtf. Unless they pay a huge amount of compensation it's not going to be worth it. Having to replace him now would be too much of a disruption to the beginning of the season.

Depends if he starts talking about wanting to see other bags of sweeties.

If a manager wants to go somewhere else you’re pretty powerless to stop it as a manager who doesn’t want to be here is no good to anyone.

Not that there is any suggestion from Hecky that is the case, it’s just the only scenario I can see where he would move on at this stage.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2019, 09:41 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190619/c57921db882cd8ad9060dc18c5076e5e.jpg

Stuart93
19-06-2019, 09:50 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190619/c57921db882cd8ad9060dc18c5076e5e.jpg

Ah the good old reliable hibs news on Twitter

Heisenberg
19-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Ah the good old reliable hibs news on Twitter

They’ve just lifted the quote from the Hull Daily Mail.

Stuart93
19-06-2019, 10:22 PM
They’ve just lifted the quote from the Hull Daily Mail.

Aye I just read the article, interesting.

See McCann is the preferred choice at this point unless Doncaster deny them permission, you’d hope we’d say the same

Paisley Hibby
20-06-2019, 08:07 AM
Aye I just read the article, interesting.

See McCann is the preferred choice at this point unless Doncaster deny them permission, you’d hope we’d say the same
A bit worrying though. If not now then probably just a matter of time before we have another upheaval. I'd imagine our club already have ideas on who they'd go for next.

Steven79
21-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Grant McCann: Hull City appoint Doncaster Rovers boss as head coach

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48726207

The 90+2
21-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Doncaster manager has been approached by Hull.

And appointed.

heretoday
21-06-2019, 10:32 PM
And appointed.

Hurrah!