PDA

View Full Version : Killie installing some safe standing

Antifa Hibs
12-06-2019, 02:31 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48612693

Brilliant to see some standing places for U16's aswell. Good on them and the Killie Trust.

HibeeHibernian4
12-06-2019, 02:35 PM
And yet seemingly the board and a large percentage of fans don't want Hibs to install safe standing because it all needs to go on the playing budget, which dwarfs Kilmarnock but saw us finish two places and thirteen points behind them. :rolleyes:

Blaster
12-06-2019, 02:37 PM
And yet seemingly the board and a large percentage of fans don't want Hibs to install safe standing because it all needs to go on the playing budget, which dwarfs Kilmarnock but saw us finish two places and thirteen points behind them. :rolleyes:

Fans funded

Carheenlea
12-06-2019, 02:39 PM

Kilmarnock fans are funding this project, and it’s not very many seats/standing spaces.

Bishop Hibee
12-06-2019, 02:48 PM
Well done Killie for allowing this fan led initiative. Over to Dempster and Petrie to facilitate something similar at Easter Road if the demand is there.

Lago
12-06-2019, 02:49 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48612693

Brilliant to see some standing places for U16's aswell. Good on them and the Killie Trust.

1st in Britain, well done the Killie fans, would be perfect for FF lower ,but wait it's a pet project called the family section 😐

Since452
12-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Good on them. FF lower should be the same.

Moulin Yarns
12-06-2019, 03:37 PM

Which particular 324 do you think should be made into safe standing seats in the famous five lower?

green day
12-06-2019, 04:00 PM
They had rail seats in Molde. I thought they were quite unsafe.....largely because we were pished and standing on them !

1van Sprou7e
12-06-2019, 04:01 PM

This

SquashedFrogg
12-06-2019, 04:35 PM
This

I guess if fans are prepared to fund it then the club would listen.

Billy Whizz
12-06-2019, 04:38 PM

Presume the Killie trust are giving the money on this occasion, to do this, rather than to give the money to Kilmarnock to buy players. Providing this is how their Trust works?

Quite an interesting concept

Wonder what HSL think of this

SquashedFrogg
12-06-2019, 04:43 PM
Presume the Killie trust are giving the money on this occasion, to do this, rather than to give the money to Kilmarnock to buy players. Providing this is how their Trust works?

Quite an interesting concept

Wonder what HSL think of this

Not sure entirely BW. Clearly money to squad is the priority but I think a visible benefit like this lets people see something for their money and get direct benefit?

Maybe not necessarily seats, but other additions to the stadium perhaps.

Billy Whizz
12-06-2019, 04:49 PM
Not sure entirely BW. Clearly money to squad is the priority but I think a visible benefit like this lets people see something for their money and get direct benefit?

Maybe not necessarily seats, but other additions to the stadium perhaps.

They managed to get a a seat on the board by buying up un allocated shares

Https://killietrust.killiefc.com/en/what-we-do_48755/

Hibernian32
12-06-2019, 04:55 PM
100% this should be at ER bottom of the East right on the half way line

Hermit Crab
12-06-2019, 05:03 PM
C'mon Hibs, get on board with this!

LaMotta
12-06-2019, 05:19 PM
100% this should be at ER bottom of the East right on the half way line

100 percent in FF lower would be far better.

green day
12-06-2019, 05:43 PM
OMG, no this again

Naw, it's a fantastic idea called the Family Section. That a very large number of people are fully behind, and a small number constantly whinge about.

Yep.

If you want to stand, just stand - I am not bothered, please just crack on.

However, dont tell the club to remove the family area as the result of that will be people moaning about that...................

Power
12-06-2019, 05:56 PM
I’ve no doubt it has been discussed before and I do know it has been marked up during the exploration of the ‘improve the atmosphere’ conversations played out since I’ve been around.
Looking on a ‘can do’ attitude it can certainly be done - just where and at what cost. Where does this spend fall between everything else needing done (?). I can keep this on my radar.
Important to note that this is self-funded (40k) by Killie fans (trust) and only 2% of the capacity. I like their progressive attitude.

Billy Whizz
12-06-2019, 06:06 PM
I’ve no doubt it has been discussed before and I do know it has been marked up during the exploration of the ‘improve the atmosphere’ conversations played out since I’ve been around.
Looking on a ‘can do’ attitude it can certainly be done - just where and at what cost. Where does this spend fall between everything else needing done (?). I can keep this on my radar.
Important to note that this is self-funded (40k) by Killie fans (trust) and only 2% of the capacity. I like their progressive attitude.

We’ve got the equivalent in HSL

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-06-2019, 06:06 PM
Would rather have seen a safe pitch.

PH91
12-06-2019, 06:19 PM
This looks like it is costing roughly £125 per seat. I would certainly pay an extra 125 on top of my season ticket for one season (or maybe it could be split over 2 or 3) to get a safe standing seat and perhaps others would also. If there was enough interest id love to see it happen at hibs.

Location is of course a big issue as demonstrated on here but i just dont believe that there are absolutely no options. The stadium has to evolve with the times and hibs will eventually have to annoy some people by moving in the near future in order to do so.

Onceinawhile
12-06-2019, 08:14 PM
This looks like it is costing roughly £125 per seat. I would certainly pay an extra 125 on top of my season ticket for one season (or maybe it could be split over 2 or 3) to get a safe standing seat and perhaps others would also. If there was enough interest id love to see it happen at hibs.

Location is of course a big issue as demonstrated on here but i just dont believe that there are absolutely no options. The stadium has to evolve with the times and hibs will eventually have to annoy some people by moving in the near future in order to do so.

How does that work though? Is that your seat forever? What if you move away and someone buys that area, they've not paid for the safe standing, but they're getting it. That's not fair on the others.

Juniper Greens
12-06-2019, 08:24 PM
We’ve got the equivalent in HSL

We don't, that has been stated as going to the playing budget.
I think the 'pay an extra £50 a season for 3 years' option is the best?

Billy Whizz
12-06-2019, 08:26 PM
We don't, that has been stated as going to the playing budget.
I think the 'pay an extra £50 a season for 3 years' option is the best?

It’s the same, as in the fans pay into it
Who agrees where HSL pays it to?

PH91
12-06-2019, 08:37 PM
How does that work though? Is that your seat forever? What if you move away and someone buys that area, they've not paid for the safe standing, but they're getting it. That's not fair on the others.

I see it as a one off donation to form a safe standing section at easter road and it would guarantee a seat within the section for a year (or as noted before, maybe 2 or 3 as further incentive). Beyond that it would be mines to give up season on season, just like the current scheme.

Assuming hibs wont look at a non fan funded section being installed, it would be interesting to know how many others would pay a bit extra to have an initial section formed.

How that then is further developed would depend on the success of it. I suppose if it didnt work out well then hibs would be stuck with them but i think the seats can be locked and function similar to the current ones.

Lots of people have noted they would like to see a safe standing section installed. If hibs were to do this using their own funding, how would it be decided who gets a season ticket within it?

hibeedonald
12-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Has to be the east stand if we do it...

MagicSwirlingShip
12-06-2019, 08:50 PM
I think it's safe to say the bottom of the Famous 5 isn't an option for this.

In light of that, I'd like to see the bottom section of the East (the 4-5 rows down towards the pitch below entry level) put forward as a viable area to trial Rail Seating. No idea of how many seats would be in that section from top to bottom but I'd imagine 500+ ?

Juniper Greens
12-06-2019, 10:00 PM

I'm sure it was in the mission statement or something.
Official HSL have definitely told us on here that it's the football department the cash goes to.

Hermit Crab
12-06-2019, 10:03 PM
Has to be the east stand if we do it...

Pretty sure the East stand can’t have safe standing as it’s too steep.

MacGruber
12-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Put it in one or more of the corners.

Johnny Clash
12-06-2019, 10:44 PM
Put it in one or more of the corners.

Spot on! Corner between the FF and East.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2019, 11:51 PM
Forget it, it will never happen at Easter Road.

Steve-O
13-06-2019, 02:09 AM
I see it as a one off donation to form a safe standing section at easter road and it would guarantee a seat within the section for a year (or as noted before, maybe 2 or 3 as further incentive). Beyond that it would be mines to give up season on season, just like the current scheme.

Assuming hibs wont look at a non fan funded section being installed, it would be interesting to know how many others would pay a bit extra to have an initial section formed.

How that then is further developed would depend on the success of it. I suppose if it didnt work out well then hibs would be stuck with them but i think the seats can be locked and function similar to the current ones.

Lots of people have noted they would like to see a safe standing section installed. If hibs were to do this using their own funding, how would it be decided who gets a season ticket within it?

Not sure I'm following the theory of guaranteeing a seat in a safe standing section? Isn't the point of safe standing that capacity can be slightly increased too? i.e. surely you can get more in standing than one person per seat. Anyone know how Celtic work it?

Steve-O
13-06-2019, 02:11 AM
I think it's safe to say the bottom of the Famous 5 isn't an option for this.

In light of that, I'd like to see the bottom section of the East (the 4-5 rows down towards the pitch below entry level) put forward as a viable area to trial Rail Seating. No idea of how many seats would be in that section from top to bottom but I'd imagine 500+ ?

Why not? Just because it's the family section? Things can change. Back in my day the family 'enclosure' as it was then called was in what is now the West Lower.

Given the number of empty seats in that FF Lower each week, there is surely scope for some of those seats to go / be relocated elsewhere.

MagicSwirlingShip
13-06-2019, 02:39 AM
Why not? Just because it's the family section? Things can change. Back in my day the family 'enclosure' as it was then called was in what is now the West Lower.

Given the number of empty seats in that FF Lower each week, there is surely scope for some of those seats to go / be relocated elsewhere.

Hibs are getting lots of grief at the moment for moving season ticket holders from that section.

Imagine the reaction if they were to pull the same stunt again, but with a view of installing rail seating? They would be displacing kids and families too. It simply won’t happen in my opinion, not a chance Hibs will invite that situation once more.

The board have made their choice that the FF lower will remain the family section. We would be best accepting that fact as it’s not gonna change now

Hibs Giant
13-06-2019, 06:38 AM
I'd pay extra. Not fussed where it is. Anything which might improve ER's dwindling atmosphere.

.Sean.
13-06-2019, 06:51 AM
Should be bottom of the East, full length of the stand. All this ‘too steep’ nonsense is health and safety gone mental.

Since452
13-06-2019, 06:58 AM
I don't know why Hibs dont run a survey with the fans reps involvement about what we want in the stadium. Every year we have a thread on here about the FF lower being safe standing or a singing section. It seems the vast majority on .net would welcome that with family section relocated to the west stand. It would be interesting to hear what 17k odd think. Seems, like others have said, the club have no interest in changing it.

MSK
13-06-2019, 07:16 AM
I don't know why Hibs dont run a survey with the fans reps involvement about what we want in the stadium. Every year we have a thread on here about the FF lower being safe standing or a singing section. It seems the vast majority on .net would welcome that with family section relocated to the west stand. It would be interesting to hear what 17k odd think. Seems, like others have said, the club have no interest in changing it.The majority of hibs.net ? Where do the majority of hibs.net sit ? Bet ye the majority don't sit in the FF lower, nice to know that folk who sit elsewhere in the ground are happy to make arrangements to shift the folk that do sit there, thank **** the club have made their decision and are sticking to it.

MagicSwirlingShip
13-06-2019, 07:26 AM
Should be bottom of the East, full length of the stand. All this ‘too steep’ nonsense is health and safety gone mental.

That’s the most viable option in my opinion. Could even do it section by section as demand rises.

GreenCastle
13-06-2019, 07:32 AM
Full length of East Lower or FF lower middle sections.

Hibs need to get with the times !

Moulin Yarns
13-06-2019, 07:47 AM
Full length of East Lower or FF lower middle sections.

Hibs need to get with the times !

How will those seated behind any safe standing area be able to see the action? I don't mean just in the row behind but for a large chunk of seats behind a standing section? Any standing section would need to be the full height, front to back of a section, and to allow those seated to be able to see it would have to be an end section, like where the singing section is currently accommodated.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2019, 07:54 AM
There is only one place it can go, and thats the bottom tier of the FF. You cant have the first few rows of the east done, what will those who sit behind them do to watch the match, look at the new screens we'd have to build so they can see the match too?

LaMotta
13-06-2019, 07:57 AM
There is only one place it can go, and thats the bottom tier of the FF. You cant have the first few rows of the east done, what will those who sit behind them do to watch the match, look at the new screens we'd have to build so they can see the match too?

:agree:

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-06-2019, 08:00 AM

It could go in one of the end blocks of the east?

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2019, 08:03 AM
It could go in one of the end blocks of the east?

What do those who sit behind them do to watch the game?:confused:

Moulin Yarns
13-06-2019, 08:07 AM

As suggested 15 minutes ago.

How will those seated behind any safe standing area be able to see the action? I don't mean just in the row behind but for a large chunk of seats behind a standing section? Any standing section would need to be the full height, front to back of a section, and to allow those seated to be able to see it would have to be an end section, like where the singing section is currently accommodated.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2019, 08:14 AM
As suggested 15 minutes ago.

Ah, never saw that. While that would stop anyone missing the match, it has the same problems as we do now, where nobody can hear them and puts us at a disadvantage atmosphere wise with the opposition being heard much more with less numbers in a better place, IE right behind the goals.

Montford
13-06-2019, 08:17 AM
I kinda knocked football on the head when the terracing went. For me, the atmosphere went from game. Took me a while to get the bug again. Imagine you’re a young teen and going to a game, all singing, standing section... you’d be hooked, even in the rain down the front. Compare it with sitting shivering in a damp squib of a game.
Also imagine you’re a prospective signing watching clips from games and our striker scores a goal in front of our half empty lower FF stand. What’s he going to think? Now if that stand was packed with Safe Standing, colour and noise and the ball hits the net.., maybe it’ll be “I’ll have some of that”

It reaches into the psyche of players too

Moulin Yarns
13-06-2019, 08:22 AM
Ah, never saw that. While that would stop anyone missing the match, it has the same problems as we do now, where nobody can hear them and puts us at a disadvantage atmosphere wise with the opposition being heard much more with less numbers in a better place, IE right behind the goals.

Section 37 in the East would be a reasonable place for it, singing would be heard in most parts of the ground due to the walls to the side and back. The only part of the ground that would struggle to hear any singing would be the FF.

Edit: Also there are likely to be less season ticket holders to inconvenience in the end sections. If that section was the singing section and safe standing I would suggest a general season ticket for that section, so you can stand with your mates, move around in the section with seats allocated only for European games.

Oscar T Grouch
13-06-2019, 08:31 AM

The bottom sections of every section in the east is separated from the rest by a walkway where the entrances are. Making the bottom of some sections standing would work without effecting those behind.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Section 37 in the East would be a reasonable place for it, singing would be heard in most parts of the ground due to the walls to the side and back. The only part of the ground that would struggle to hear any singing would be the FF.

Edit: Also there are likely to be less season ticket holders to inconvenience in the end sections. If that section was the singing section and safe standing I would suggest a general season ticket for that section, so you can stand with your mates, move around in the section with seats allocated only for European games.

I disagree, we are continually out sung by a few hundred supporters from the likes of Motherwell and Kilmarnock, all down to where they are situated.

The bottom sections of every section in the east is separated from the rest by a walkway where the entrances are. Making the bottom of some sections standing would work without effecting those behind.

Aye thats true, completely forgot about that, although we again have the problem of moving folk and it not being in a place that optimises the acoustics.

Isaac_Refvik
13-06-2019, 08:55 AM

No, it wouldn't. At very least, the first row wouldn't be able to see, and possibly more.

PH91
13-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Not sure I'm following the theory of guaranteeing a seat in a safe standing section? Isn't the point of safe standing that capacity can be slightly increased too? i.e. surely you can get more in standing than one person per seat. Anyone know how Celtic work it?

I think that essentially the current seats get replaced with a seat which can be folded up and locked. These seats also have a rail which acts as a barrier for the person behind. Capacity remains identical and ticketing would work exactly as it does now.

cabbageandribs1875
13-06-2019, 09:02 AM
No, it wouldn't. At very least, the first row wouldn't be able to see, and possibly more.

i'd think it would be the first 3 rows that wouldn't see,it could only really be sect 37/38/39 as well which would look kinda stupid even if it was the full length, and where would the disabled fans be moved to, ain't gonna happen..imo

Since452
13-06-2019, 09:02 AM
The majority of hibs.net ? Where do the majority of hibs.net sit ? Bet ye the majority don't sit in the FF lower, nice to know that folk who sit elsewhere in the ground are happy to make arrangements to shift the folk that do sit there, thank **** the club have made their decision and are sticking to it.

Just going by what I've read on here over the last few years

MSK
13-06-2019, 09:14 AM
Just going by what I've read on here over the last few yearsFair enough mate, like I said, the club have made their decision on what happens/is happening to the FF lower and for the time being at least, Im happy to remain where I am.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-06-2019, 10:30 AM

There wouldn't be anyone sitting behind them if it was a whole block?

Might be an issue with sight lines to corner for seated people in the next block along right enough

LaMotta
13-06-2019, 11:53 AM
I kinda knocked football on the head when the terracing went. For me, the atmosphere went from game. Took me a while to get the bug again. Imagine you’re a young teen and going to a game, all singing, standing section... you’d be hooked, even in the rain down the front. Compare it with sitting shivering in a damp squib of a game.
Also imagine you’re a prospective signing watching clips from games and our striker scores a goal in front of our half empty lower FF stand. What’s he going to think? Now if that stand was packed with Safe Standing, colour and noise and the ball hits the net.., maybe it’ll be “I’ll have some of that”

It reaches into the psyche of players too

:agree: very important point. The FF lower is the section of the ground seen most on TV and sells an image and perception of the club to others.

There's no need to over complicate things by having random sections of the east with rail seating. If it is going to be done then just do entire FF lower.

Putting bench seating in the Old Cowshed in 1970s was a terrible move for the atmosphere of Easter Road with that end half empty most weeks after that. We should return to the days of a vociferous behind the goals support helping the ball into the net when we are attacking that end.

Monts
13-06-2019, 12:01 PM
It'll not happen unless we either fill in the corners, or our season ticket numbers drop drastically.

NAE NOOKIE
13-06-2019, 12:06 PM
The majority of hibs.net ? Where do the majority of hibs.net sit ? Bet ye the majority don't sit in the FF lower, nice to know that folk who sit elsewhere in the ground are happy to make arrangements to shift the folk that do sit there, thank **** the club have made their decision and are sticking to it.

I have spent the vast majority of my Hibs watching days in first the Coo shed and in the FF lower since the stand was built …. I will be there again next season because I much prefer watching from behind the goals.

Just for the record I would move in a heartbeat to see a standing / singing section in the FF lower and would always have been happy to do so because I think it would benefit Hibs massively to have one situated there.

Oscar T Grouch
13-06-2019, 12:07 PM

Thats not true, I sit just behind the disabled section in section 38. There are people who stand right in front of that section and they disturb no ones view. As BH said above it would not be great for atmosphere and we would need to move people but it would not effect anyone behind this section unless those standing about about 7' 9" tall

GreenCastle
13-06-2019, 12:22 PM
It would be fine to install into lower section of the East and the view wouldn’t be blocked for anyone.

Think lower East and in the Famous Five lower is way forwards

Move family section to West Lower and or South Lower - except Cat A games where tickets get first choice anywhere else in stadium.

Would love to see a full lower section behind the goals on TV and at games singing and bouncing.

Lago
13-06-2019, 12:32 PM
Do what most of them do at the moment, stand up.

Itsnoteasy
13-06-2019, 02:20 PM

I think the fans do more than enough funding.

HibeeHibernian4
13-06-2019, 03:01 PM
thank **** the club have made their decision and are sticking to it.

Translated: thank **** the club have made a decision that benefits me and are stubbornly sticking by it, even though it is blatantly to the detriment of the atmosphere at Easter Road and harms the club in the long term.

MSK
13-06-2019, 03:17 PM
Translated: thank **** the club have made a decision that benefits me and are stubbornly sticking by it, even though it is blatantly to the detriment of the atmosphere at Easter Road and harms the club in the long term.Away tae **** !! If the club decide to do anything at any part of the stadium they will do it regardless of who likes it or not, if and when that ever happens then so be it. As it stands and has been for a long time, my family enjoy where we are sitting, of course the kids will grow up and we will move on as per club rules. Its to the detriment of **** all so don't give me that nonsense, if seats are empty thats not my problem nor the group Im with.

That ok with you ? 👍

Keith_M
13-06-2019, 08:15 PM
Hibs should redevelop the East Stand to look like this (https://www.stokecityfc.com/sites/default/files/styles/focal_header_image_standard/public/image/2018-06/Millerntor-Stadion%20-%20169%20-%202400x1350%20-%20FC%20St.%20Pauli_0.jpg?h=44b879e5&itok=PMlZGvk8)

Keith_M
13-06-2019, 08:19 PM
Translated: thank **** the club have made a decision that benefits me and are stubbornly sticking by it, even though it is blatantly to the detriment of the atmosphere at Easter Road and harms the club in the long term.

Or the club made a sensible, long term decision, helping encourage the next generation of supporters, but you don't like it so you've thrown your toys out the pram.

If people want to make a better atmosphere at Easter Road, then just bl**dy do it, regardless of where they sit/stand.

Honestly, nobody's stopping them.

EI255
13-06-2019, 08:29 PM
Pity they never come close to selling out any game and regularly lift their skirt to the infirm. One decent season and they're creaming. Wait till the bad times hit again.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

MSK
13-06-2019, 08:48 PM
Or the club made a sensible, long term decision, helping encourage the next generation of supporters, but you don't like it so you've thrown your toys out the pram.

If people want to make a better atmosphere at Easter Road, then just bl**dy do it, regardless of where they sit/stand.

Honestly, nobody's stopping them.Bang on 👍

DTS
13-06-2019, 10:13 PM
Curious as to where this atmosphere will suddenly appear if people move to a standing section. I sit just a long from the current section it rarely looks full so people could probably still go sit there(maybe not) also the section can’t hold anymore than 500 so if we installed the safe standing and another 1500 seats were available then surely the people currently in the east presumably that are so desperate to stand in the famous five could attempt to create an atmosphere where they currently sit instead of relying on others?

Also “atmosphere” is a bit of a myth, standing singing section or not the atmosphere at home to Livingston mid December isn’t going to be electric. However that said a derby under the lights no matter what will be, and it has been the last few seasons with all the stands bouncing off one another, again a derby at 12:30 on a Sunday will pale in comparison, atmosphere is about mentality of people not if you’re in the singing section or standing, looking at the east the club look rather lenient with letting people stand as it is anyway.

I don’t want to come across as having a go here either, I do think it would help a bit but not as much as people think, singing sections because they’re so organised can actually sometimes just end up adding nothing, when Celtic come to ER a lot of the time you don’t notice the Green Brigade as it’s so scripted with low bits etc.

Also if we’re going to have a singing section I do believe 100% it should be in the lower FF and I would move the family section to lower west, I think that would make sense as the facilities in the west and space out the back would let them do plenty children’s activities pre match

lord bunberry
13-06-2019, 10:29 PM
Curious as to where this atmosphere will suddenly appear if people move to a standing section. I sit just a long from the current section it rarely looks full so people could probably still go sit there(maybe not) also the section can’t hold anymore than 500 so if we installed the safe standing and another 1500 seats were available then surely the people currently in the east presumably that are so desperate to stand in the famous five could attempt to create an atmosphere where they currently sit instead of relying on others?

Also “atmosphere” is a bit of a myth, standing singing section or not the atmosphere at home to Livingston mid December isn’t going to be electric. However that said a derby under the lights no matter what will be, and it has been the last few seasons with all the stands bouncing off one another, again a derby at 12:30 on a Sunday will pale in comparison, atmosphere is about mentality of people not if you’re in the singing section or standing, looking at the east the club look rather lenient with letting people stand as it is anyway.

I don’t want to come across as having a go here either, I do think it would help a bit but not as much as people think, singing sections because they’re so organised can actually sometimes just end up adding nothing, when Celtic come to ER a lot of the time you don’t notice the Green Brigade as it’s so scripted with low bits etc.

Also if we’re going to have a singing section I do believe 100% it should be in the lower FF and I would move the family section to lower west, I think that would make sense as the facilities in the west and space out the back would let them do plenty children’s activities pre match
Are you old enough to remember the days before all seater stadiums? I’ve never experienced atmospheres in all seater stadiums that I did when it was standing. It’s come close a few times, but never exceeded it. I remember being at a game against Dundee Utd when we were 2-0 down and came back to win 3-2. It was a midweek game and wasn’t a great attendance, but the atmosphere when that 3rd goal went in was something you’ll never see at an all seater stadium.

SquashedFrogg
13-06-2019, 10:41 PM

Blatantly to the detriment of the atmosphere?

DTS
13-06-2019, 10:55 PM
Are you old enough to remember the days before all seater stadiums? I’ve never experienced atmospheres in all seater stadiums that I did when it was standing. It’s come close a few times, but never exceeded it. I remember being at a game against Dundee Utd when we were 2-0 down and came back to win 3-2. It was a midweek game and wasn’t a great attendance, but the atmosphere when that 3rd goal went in was something you’ll never see at an all seater stadium.

Sadly I wasn’t no but that’s not really the point as it’s never going to get back to an all standing environment. Is roughly 10% of the stadium standing going to improve the overall atmosphere? Atmosphere will always be lost when a ground isn’t full. It’s not an issue solely at ER I’d argue not one ground in the country has a good atmosphere other than for the “big games”

lord bunberry
13-06-2019, 11:34 PM
Sadly I wasn’t no but that’s not really the point as it’s never going to get back to an all standing environment. Is roughly 10% of the stadium standing going to improve the overall atmosphere? Atmosphere will always be lost when a ground isn’t full. It’s not an issue solely at ER I’d argue not one ground in the country has a good atmosphere other than for the “big games”
You’ve got a point, but I would argue that even in the standing days the atmosphere still came from one section of the ground. In the days I started going that was the East, older fans might say it wasn’t always that way, but it was in my time. I disagree that the stadium has to be full to create a good atmosphere, some of the best atmosphers I’ve been involved in were in games that were no where near full.

tamig
13-06-2019, 11:50 PM

The HSL money has a clear purpose. And its not to fund changes to the stadium.

lord bunberry
14-06-2019, 12:22 AM
The HSL money has a clear purpose. And its not to fund changes to the stadium.

At the moment it is, but it’s up to the contributors to decide if they want to change that.

Steve-O
14-06-2019, 01:32 AM
Hibs are getting lots of grief at the moment for moving season ticket holders from that section.

Imagine the reaction if they were to pull the same stunt again, but with a view of installing rail seating? They would be displacing kids and families too. It simply won’t happen in my opinion, not a chance Hibs will invite that situation once more.

The board have made their choice that the FF lower will remain the family section. We would be best accepting that fact as it’s not gonna change now

Anyone getting themselves into a lather about moving seats really needs to take a step back and have some perspective. Especially if that move is going to benefit in terms of atmosphere.

You make 'displacing families' sound like a crisis in a war-torn country. Not suggesting you think that it is that way, but I really don't think it's a huge deal if the family section moves! And the "I've sat there for 20 years!" argument doesn't wash either. Things change.

MagicSwirlingShip
14-06-2019, 02:32 AM
Anyone getting themselves into a lather about moving seats really needs to take a step back and have some perspective. Especially if that move is going to benefit in terms of atmosphere.

You make 'displacing families' sound like a crisis in a war-torn country. Not suggesting you think that it is that way, but I really don't think it's a huge deal if the family section moves! And the "I've sat there for 20 years!" argument doesn't wash either. Things change.

Steve-O - totally mate, I agree. But the club have received ALOT of really negative feedback with regards to fans being forced to move. Housing kids and parents in the lower section of the Famous 5 is a long term project and I simply can't see Hibs budging on it.

The idea of the rail seating really appeals to me, however I can't see it ever being installed in the Famous 5 lower.

Jones28
14-06-2019, 06:21 AM
At the moment it is, but it’s up to the contributors to decide if they want to change that.

I don't want any of it spent on rail seats. I've sat in the West for the majority of my Hibs supporting life and see 2/3 sections of the east standing regardless of whether they are allowed to or not. These are the same people who didn't move when the singing section moved and often make more, if not as consistent a noise, as the singing section. So installing a thousand or so rail seats isn't going to persuade them either, it just costs the club money.

FWIW surely the best place for them would be BTG, but failing that it would be cool to put them in the top half of the East.

tamig
14-06-2019, 07:38 AM

I really can’t see the members voting for it to be diverted to schemes like this. I certainly wouldn’t be anyway. I want my money used on the pitch.

Hermit Crab
14-06-2019, 08:03 AM
Hibs should redevelop the East Stand to look like this (https://www.stokecityfc.com/sites/default/files/styles/focal_header_image_standard/public/image/2018-06/Millerntor-Stadion%20-%20169%20-%202400x1350%20-%20FC%20St.%20Pauli_0.jpg?h=44b879e5&itok=PMlZGvk8)

That is a top quality ground by the way!! ER would look brilliant like that!

Caversham Green
14-06-2019, 08:03 AM

Actually, it's not. As things stand the sole purpose of HSL is to buy shares in the club and both sides have consistently promised that all money raised from the sale of shares would go to the football budget. To now divert some of that money to stadium improvements would be a breach of trust and very possibly illegal. It also opens up a can of worms - what if some members want HSL to pay for a better PA system for example?

I think there would have to be a separate scheme to finance something like this.

Pretty Boy
14-06-2019, 08:47 AM
I've argued for ages that if fans want to see safe standing at ER then they have to come together and put together a workable assessment of the demand for it and the beginnings of a proposal for how it would be financed and so on. I fired off a few PMs a while back to some of those most vocal about it to test interest in setting something up and got no response.

It looks as though Killie have done something along those lines having seen funding secured from a fans trust. It seems people are content just to moan about it rather than taking practical steps to see it discussed where it matters and then potentially happen though.

Call that an open invitation. If anyone seriously wants to do a bit work to look at the demand for safe standing send me a PM and we can look to arrange a chat.

lord bunberry
14-06-2019, 12:31 PM
Actually, it's not. As things stand the sole purpose of HSL is to buy shares in the club and both sides have consistently promised that all money raised from the sale of shares would go to the football budget. To now divert some of that money to stadium improvements would be a breach of trust and very possibly illegal. It also opens up a can of worms - what if some members want HSL to pay for a better PA system for example?

I think there would have to be a separate scheme to finance something like this.
I’m aware of all that and I wasn’t suggesting that money should be diverted to fund safe standing. It would be possible though for the role of HSL to change in the future if the members agreed to it. FOH diverted funds to help pay for their new stand without any problems.

Oscar T Grouch
14-06-2019, 12:35 PM
I’m aware of all that and I wasn’t suggesting that money should be diverted to fund safe standing. It would be possible though for the role of HSL to change in the future if the members agreed to it. FOH diverted funds to help pay for their new stand without any problems.

I think if that was to happen it would need a 100% vote to avoid any legal issue, which as you can imagine would never happen.

Caversham Green
14-06-2019, 12:56 PM

FOH have a different setup. One of their stated purposes from the outset was to provide working capital for the club without any specification on how it would be spent - that's not the case with HSL. As Oscar says, it would probably need overwhelming approval from the members.

I don't want to see HSL getting a hard time for something they can't do - I think the approach outlined by Pretty Boy is the way to go.

lord bunberry
14-06-2019, 01:01 PM
I think if that was to happen it would need a 100% vote to avoid any legal issue, which as you can imagine would never happen.
I agree.

lord bunberry
14-06-2019, 01:11 PM
FOH have a different setup. One of their stated purposes from the outset was to provide working capital for the club without any specification on how it would be spent - that's not the case with HSL. As Oscar says, it would probably need overwhelming approval from the members.

I don't want to see HSL getting a hard time for something they can't do - I think the approach outlined by Pretty Boy is the way to go.

It would need overwhelming approval and that’s not going to happen unless the role of HSL is forced to change with a change of ownership of the club.

Caversham Green
14-06-2019, 01:25 PM
It would need overwhelming approval and that’s not going to happen unless the role of HSL is forced to change with a change of ownership of the club.

HSL and their new fellow shareholders would have to come to some agreement about the future role of HSL. That would almost certainly be done before any sale of shares was finalised. That's one of many reasons why I'm extremely sceptical about the rumoured sale of (a majority shareholding in) the club.

hibeedonald
14-06-2019, 02:37 PM
Sections 43, 44 and 45 could all be made safe standing. People stand here a lot of the time anyway. I think our support is big enough to justify a section that big.

mca
25-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Just spotted an update from kfc.. :greengrin looking for volunteers

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/safe-standing-update/

SMAXXA
25-11-2019, 09:39 PM
Are there any plans for Hibs to introduce this?

04Sauzee
25-11-2019, 09:49 PM

Unless it's in Ron's big plan that's still to be announced then no, not at this time.

jacomo
25-11-2019, 10:14 PM
So glad to hear the safe standing seats are safe!

And I do hope Hibs are looking us... get the FF lower all converted and reap the benefits!

BILLYHIBS
25-11-2019, 10:21 PM
So glad to hear the safe standing seats are safe!

And I do hope Hibs are looking us... get the FF lower all converted and reap the benefits!

Maybes a wee roof over the FFL and bring back the Cow Shed! 😁

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2019, 10:39 PM
Going by Killie's figures 2000 rail seats in the FF lower would cost just shy of £250,000 .... Considering the relative size of the two clubs if Killie can find and justify £40,000 for their project I seriously cant see why Hibs cant do the same. I am and always have been convinced that such a move would transform the atmosphere at Easter Road.

jacomo
25-11-2019, 10:48 PM
Maybes a wee roof over the FFL and bring back the Cow Shed! 😁

Would be a nostalgic move, but the problem is that such structures keep the noise inside. Sounds great if you’re part of it, but to the rest of the ground it’s just a muffled din!

I do believe that safe standing FF lower and a singing section in the East would benefit the atmosphere and turn ER into a fortress.

jgl07
25-11-2019, 10:54 PM
The South Stand will not happen. This would cause disruption all round with the entire family stand having to be relocated. To where?

Is there enough demand for standing to justify a full stand?

A better solution is to fill in the FF/East corner and install safe standing rails. No one disrupted and a test on demand.

mca
25-11-2019, 10:59 PM
Going by Killie's figures 2000 rail seats in the FF lower would cost just shy of £250,000 .... Considering the relative size of the two clubs if Killie can find and justify £40,000 for their project I seriously cant see why Hibs cant do the same. I am and always have been convinced that such a move would transform the atmosphere at Easter Road.

Good post.. but it would cost a lot of money...

Was the new east stand built with this in mind !!! seem to remember something about the possibility but i can't find it..

and - if fans were willing to pay for their seat to be converted then i think it's a good idea.. I hated sitting on my erse..

Hibby70
25-11-2019, 11:00 PM
I would have thought that the easiest solution is the south end of the East Stand starting from the back.

Would those that want it be willing to pay some of the additional cost in the first few years? Say an extra £50.

Jones28
25-11-2019, 11:11 PM
The South Stand will not happen. This would cause disruption all round with the entire family stand having to be relocated. To where?

Is there enough demand for standing to justify a full stand?

A better solution is to fill in the FF/East corner and install safe standing rails. No one disrupted and a test on demand.

And yet the ff lower is half empty the majority of the time, if there was such a demand for a family section why isn’t it rammed or at least 80/90% full?

Sometimes these things have to happen for the long term benefits. Give all the concessions free season tickets for a year as a goodwill gesture.

If it doesn’t work they get first dibs on relocating back.

jgl07
25-11-2019, 11:18 PM
And yet the ff lower is half empty the majority of the time, if there was such a demand for a family section why isn’t it rammed or at least 80/90% full?

Sometimes these things have to happen for the long term benefits. Give all the concessions free season tickets for a year as a goodwill gesture.

You haven’t said where the 2,000 (or so) season ticket holders from the FF Lower are going to be relocated to.

No way will the club spend huge sums and piss-off large numbers of season ticket holders to satisfy a few obsessives.

SMAXXA
26-11-2019, 12:02 AM
You haven’t said where the 2,000 (or so) season ticket holders from the FF Lower are going to be relocated to.

No way will the club spend huge sums and piss-off large numbers of season ticket holders to satisfy a few obsessives.

A few obsessives, care to expand?

Unseen work
26-11-2019, 12:16 AM
Personally, I’m not overly fussed about safe standing.

Im sure it would be good when the stadium is full etc but i wouldn’t want to spend a lot of money on it as I think we have a very good stadium.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-11-2019, 02:41 AM
Thought as a support we’d had our fill of infrastructure and wanted to concentrate on sporting excellence.

Jones28
26-11-2019, 05:27 AM

Take applications for the safe standing zone, free up the season ticket spots and give them first pick of the newly available seats all over the stadium.

I really struggle to believe there are 2000 season tickets in the FF lower.

BILLYHIBS
26-11-2019, 05:29 AM
Would be a nostalgic move, but the problem is that such structures keep the noise inside. Sounds great if you’re part of it, but to the rest of the ground it’s just a muffled din!

I do believe that safe standing FF lower and a singing section in the East would benefit the atmosphere and turn ER into a fortress.

Agree

Hermit Crab
26-11-2019, 06:15 AM
I’m all for safe standing and hope Hibs introduce this for next season. I’d happily chip in if it had to be fan funded.

jacomo
26-11-2019, 07:01 AM

:agree:

FF Lower isn’t working as intended in its current form and looks bad on TV. Likewise the singing section doesn’t work well in FF Upper. I know people would be inconvenienced by being asked to move but change is needed.

IMO the genteel West is the best place for a family section.

Hibi
26-11-2019, 07:12 AM
I would have thought that the easiest solution is the south end of the East Stand starting from the back.

Would those that want it be willing to pay some of the additional cost in the first few years? Say an extra £50.

On the last point I would definitely be willing to contribute extra for a ST.

Onceinawhile
26-11-2019, 07:16 AM
On the last point I would definitely be willing to contribute extra for a ST.

As much as the £125 per seat its costing Killie?

Mind you, there might be some slight economies of scale if we order 1,000 or so, so the price might come down to closer to something like £110.

I don't see that many people paying that much extra for a season ticket to be honest.

If it was up to me, I'd start with the bottom of the east, section by section. Then if the demand is there, start moving back in each section.

JXM73
26-11-2019, 07:37 AM
Make ff lowersafe standing, open up to all with no allocated seat...family folk can still stay there, waens will love being part of it...

Clarence
26-11-2019, 07:45 AM
Should be in the East in the section just south of the halfway line. Probably won’t happen because of the recent pitch invasions, thrown missiles and racial abuse though as standing areas seem to be more associated with unacceptable behaviour.

04Sauzee
26-11-2019, 07:46 AM
Lower FF or fill in a corner with safe standing and huge TV and scoreboard, the 2nd option is my favoured option 😁

Jones28
26-11-2019, 08:18 AM
Should be in the East in the section just south of the halfway line. Probably won’t happen because of the recent pitch invasions, thrown missiles and racial abuse though as standing areas seem to be more associated with unacceptable behaviour.

Have the club not already said the east is too steep? I might be making that up

Purple & Green
26-11-2019, 09:00 AM
HSL and their new fellow shareholders would have to come to some agreement about the future role of HSL. That would almost certainly be done before any sale of shares was finalised. That's one of many reasons why I'm extremely sceptical about the rumoured sale of (a majority shareholding in) the club.

That’s what I thought too!

Just shows how wrong you can be.

hibbyfraelibby
26-11-2019, 10:19 AM

Dont we already have some in the disabled areas for the carers to use already in the West and East?

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Nah we don’t need it, can’t see it increasing attendances so money better spent elsewhere on maintaining the stadium as it badly needs some TLC.

Antifa Hibs
26-11-2019, 12:26 PM
Nah we don’t need it, can’t see it increasing attendances so money better spent elsewhere on maintaining the stadium as it badly needs some TLC.

Will a hot tap, new Bose PA system or painted stairs also increase attendances? :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
26-11-2019, 02:19 PM

These 'obsessives' look at the Bundesliga and MLS stadiums all of whom recognize the value of standing sections behind the goals, with both leagues enjoying atmospheres that make ER look like a morgue every other Saturday. Perhaps these 'obsessives' like me think a game of football should be played in front of a noisy and colourful crowd with the folk who can only be arsed to turn up to a handful of games relegated in priority behind folk who want to create that noisy colourful atmosphere.

I don't see why the north end of the east couldn't be easily converted into a family section ... we could even put the TV cameras on that platform at the back so that TV viewers dont have to look at the huge gaps their non attendance causes every time we are at home ... I doubt there was 1000 people in the FF lower last Saturday ... an ongoing theme at every bloody home game.

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Will a hot tap, new Bose PA system or painted stairs also increase attendances? :rolleyes:

It’s all about maintenance and upkeep of your asset, there is a benefit to maintaining your property.

Hibeesforever
26-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Ron should prioritise the corner between the East and Famous Five. Safe standing in a lower section. Funds would have to come from Ron or a Debenture scheme like the original building of the Famous Five...fans asked to Pony up!

bigwheel
26-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Ron should prioritise the corner between the East and Famous Five. Safe standing in a lower section. Funds would have to come from Ron or a Debenture scheme like the original building of the Famous Five...fans asked to Pony up!

I’d say we would need to be in a position where we are regularly (most weeks) selling out before that ever became an important investment for us

Not sure it will ever be needed

HibeeHibernian4
26-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Thought as a support we’d had our fill of infrastructure and wanted to concentrate on sporting excellence.

Improved atmosphere at Easter Road (which would be achieved via safe standing) helps us achieve said sporting excellence.

Keith_M
26-11-2019, 08:57 PM
Improved atmosphere at Easter Road (which would be achieved via safe standing) helps us achieve said sporting excellence.

Or everybody just get behind the team like they did on Saturday.

I thought it was a very good atmosphere

Scouse Hibee
26-11-2019, 09:12 PM

Decent football and results improve the atmosphere, it’s as simple as that.

ABZHFC
26-11-2019, 09:39 PM

It's really not. The atmosphere has been considerably worse in recent years regardless of results, and that is in no small part due to the layout of the ground, where the singing section now are etc etc.

We need to have a look at this and see what to do, because the atmosphere is suffering as a result. Too many people go to the game nowadays and sit on their hands, not wanting to join in with any chants. Up to the club to create a proper, extensive area where those who want to stand and sing for 90 minutes can go and do so, hopefully allowing for other like-minded folk to join

Begbie79
27-11-2019, 08:04 AM

Have to disagree with this. Been to several Bundesliga 2, Bundesliga 3 and German lower league games. Football is dire sometimes but the atmosphere is always absolutely incredible.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2019, 08:52 AM
Have to disagree with this. Been to several Bundesliga 2, Bundesliga 3 and German lower league games. Football is dire sometimes but the atmosphere is always absolutely incredible.

I’m talking about Hibs, it’s plain and clear to see at Easter Road.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2019, 08:53 AM
It's really not. The atmosphere has been considerably worse in recent years regardless of results, and that is in no small part due to the layout of the ground, where the singing section now are etc etc.

We need to have a look at this and see what to do, because the atmosphere is suffering as a result. Too many people go to the game nowadays and sit on their hands, not wanting to join in with any chants. Up to the club to create a proper, extensive area where those who want to stand and sing for 90 minutes can go and do so, hopefully allowing for other like-minded folk to join

No I stand by what I said, just look at Saturday the atmosphere was great.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2019, 08:55 AM

Those who want to stand and sing for ninety minutes do so now at Easter Road?

Begbie79
27-11-2019, 09:01 AM
I’m talking about Hibs, it’s plain and clear to see at Easter Road.

Disagree again, Watched some eye bleedingly bad football under the likes of Alex Miller, Bobby Williamson, Jim Duffy etc etc in front of the old east terrace and the atmosphere was always decent.

Good results and good football would have a direct impact on attendance and thats it, but there are more than enough people at ER every second week to create a good/better atmosphere.

Scouse Hibee
27-11-2019, 09:55 AM
Disagree again, Watched some eye bleedingly bad football under the likes of Alex Miller, Bobby Williamson, Jim Duffy etc etc in front of the old east terrace and the atmosphere was always decent.

Good results and good football would have a direct impact on attendance and thats it, but there are more than enough people at ER every second week to create a good/better atmosphere.

We’ll have to agree to disagree then. I have watched the same stuff as you starting with Miller.

Hope it’s great on Saturday 👍

Hibby70
27-11-2019, 11:01 AM
I think singing sections with a drummer may actually be part of the problem.

Think folk are less likely to join in whereas before when it was more spread out you were more likely to join the guy singing along from you.

I personally can't stand all that choreography stuff you see in the continent and the feeble attempt to copy it in this country (Motherwell Boiz being a prime example).

InchHibby
27-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Still say the best part of the ground for a safe standing/singing area would be the corner between the FF and the East.
Unfortunately I know this would cost a few bob but I really think that if the singing section, who all stand anyway, had their very own section, it would be full every week. I can only dream.

Keith_M
27-11-2019, 11:18 AM

Think folk are less likely to join in whereas before when it was more spread out you were more likely to join the guy singing along from you.

I personally can't stand all that choreography stuff you see in the continent and the feeble attempt to copy it in this country (Motherwell Boiz being a prime example).

I agree with that.

On saturday, it was easy to join in the singing from the East Stand but didn't seem to work with the Since1875 guys(not every song, but quite a lot), as the drum seemed out of sync.

Not a criticism of them, as I think they often do a really good job of at least trying to create some noise, but it often doesn't transfer well to other areas of the ground.

lucky
27-11-2019, 11:19 AM
A standing area would be a great thing but is there enough demand to justify the cost? For years we’ve all moaned about spending on the infrastructure rather than the team. Now we’ve got a good stadium, needs a little TLC, a training ground that apparently need a bigger indoor training facility, do we really need to spend money on a standing area?

1 8 7 5
27-11-2019, 11:29 AM
A standing area would be a great thing but is there enough demand to justify the cost? For years we’ve all moaned about spending on the infrastructure rather than the team. Now we’ve got a good stadium, needs a little TLC, a training ground that apparently need a bigger indoor training facility, do we really need to spend money on a standing area?

Standing area would sell out first.

Our stadium isnt that good.

Keith_M
27-11-2019, 11:32 AM

That's the question that people proposing converting the FF Lower need to find an answer to, instead of just continually saying it should happen

If you want this to happen, come up with a reasonable solution to the relocation of the 1,600 people currently with season tickets in the FF Lower, the relocation of the people that would also be moved to house them, then the ultimate challenge...

Before doing all that, you could start by getting a list of people willing to buy Season Tickets in there, then that will gauge if there actually is enough demand to justify the cost... and inconvenience to other ST holders

Jones28
27-11-2019, 12:10 PM
That's the question that people proposing converting the FF Lower need to find an answer to, instead of just continually saying it should happen

If you want this to happen, come up with a reasonable solution to the relocation of the 1,600 people currently with season tickets in the FF Lower, the relocation of the people that would also be moved to house them, then the ultimate challenge...

Before doing all that, you could start by getting a list of people willing to buy Season Tickets in there, then that will gauge if there actually is enough demand to justify the cost... and inconvenience to other ST holders

My ideal posted earlier in the thread is to take applications for the standing area, then give the people who’d have to be moved out either first choice in the standing section or first pick of the free seats in the stadium.

Simple enough no?

ABZHFC
27-11-2019, 12:18 PM

I think they're a necessary evil myself. It would be lovely if every single person in the East Stand stood and sang for 90 minutes, without the need for a drum, but sadly, with the advent of all-seater stadia, that just won't happen anymore. As a result, we have to designate proper sections where people can stand for 90 minutes and sing - ideally, we'd get safe standing to do this

CMurdoch
27-11-2019, 02:08 PM
Those that desperately want a safe standing area should be accomodated in the FFL if they pay for the new seats and the work required for it to happen.
Work out how much it would cost and then collect the money from the interested parties.
Once fully subscribed and ALL moneys collected, work begins in the next close season and the family section becomes the seats at the North End of the East & West Stands.
Thereby also keeping almost all the home ned teasers and missile throwers far from the away supporters and the North End corner flags.

P.S. before those currently in the FFL get annoyed, it will not happen in the next 5 years, not a priority and importantly most of those that shout about it wouldn't want it enough to come up with the cash.

Steve-O
29-11-2019, 08:26 AM

They can be relocated to those many other seats around the stadium, or join in with the standing? Never understood why people are so precious about “their” seat at ER.

Jones28
29-11-2019, 08:32 AM
They can be relocated to those many other seats around the stadium, or join in with the standing? Never understood why people are so precious about “their” seat at ER.

I actually get that, I still miss the seats I had when I was a kid in the west.

Craig_in_Prague
29-11-2019, 08:38 AM
My local team have standing behind the goals (though partially with seats which noone uses really) and seated stand on one side, have had season tickets for over 10 years and just 2 of those in the stand, even then we moved sometimes to behind the goals to stand and that's where we'll stay. Its not as good a view but theres a better atmosphere and it just feels better standing (though we get beer too).

All seated stadiums I'm sure was on the back of the well known tragedy, discussed on another thread, but to me it has went too extreme, the atmosphere and fan experience bumped in the process.
ER is big enough to cater for all fans and some safe standing I'm sure would prove very popular and always sell out. Need it cost that much to do (?)

Steve-O
29-11-2019, 08:45 AM
I actually get that, I still miss the seats I had when I was a kid in the west.

I’ve sat in almost every area of the ground over the years and although I have various memories associated with each, I can never imagine being so wedded to that seat I’d be complaining and demanding the club listen to my complaints if I was told I had to move because something innovative was happening.

Jones28
29-11-2019, 08:53 AM
I’ve sat in almost every area of the ground over the years and although I have various memories associated with each, I can never imagine being so wedded to that seat I’d be complaining and demanding the club listen to my complaints if I was told I had to move because something innovative was happening.

I suggested earlier in the thread this would be a great idea and that those who have been moved get first pick of the newly available seats. Pretty easy really.

Does safe standing give a higher capacity?

Keith_M
29-11-2019, 08:53 AM
My ideal posted earlier in the thread is to take applications for the standing area, then give the people who’d have to be moved out either first choice in the standing section or first pick of the free seats in the stadium.

Simple enough no?

I'll go with 'it sounds simple in theory but not properly thought through'.

Jones28
29-11-2019, 08:54 AM
I'll go with 'it sounds simple in theory but not properly thought through'.

Do share.

Onceinawhile
29-11-2019, 08:59 AM
Do share.

Say we go in the FFL and I get moved out together with my two sons because they won't be able to see the game due to people standing.

We then need to rehouse three seats. What if there isn't three seats together anywhere? Then imagine a similar situation, but for groups bigger than mine.

I don't want to move particularly, but would reluctantly do so if this was to ever come about. I suspect thought that those who have been in their seats since the stand was built may feel differently. Annoying long standing (:wink:) season ticket holders probably isn't a good move.

Jones28
29-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Say we go in the FFL and I get moved out together with my two sons because they won't be able to see the game due to people standing.

We then need to rehouse three seats. What if there isn't three seats together anywhere? Then imagine a similar situation, but for groups bigger than mine.

I don't want to move particularly, but would reluctantly do so if this was to ever come about. I suspect thought that those who have been in their seats since the stand was built may feel differently. Annoying long standing (:wink:) season ticket holders probably isn't a good move.

So you’d get first pick of all the available seats, as well as all the seats vacated by people moving into the FFL - a capacity of what, 2000? - and still retain the discount afforded to the kids regardless of where the seats are.

There are, give or take, 16,500 season ticket seats in the home end of the ground (if we restructured the system we’d have even more category B season tickets but that another issue) - with 13,000 or so of those occupied leaving 3000. Say 500 people choose to stay in the FFL and 1500 decide to relocate there that gives you a total of 4500. That’s probably being generous actually as there’s no chance all of the seats in the FFL are sold.

The numbers are rough but that’s the main idea. Maybe a wee sweetener by giving a discount voucher for the club shop too?

HibeeHibernian4
29-11-2019, 11:42 PM
My local team have standing behind the goals (though partially with seats which noone uses really) and seated stand on one side, have had season tickets for over 10 years and just 2 of those in the stand, even then we moved sometimes to behind the goals to stand and that's where we'll stay. Its not as good a view but theres a better atmosphere and it just feels better standing (though we get beer too).

All seated stadiums I'm sure was on the back of the well known tragedy, discussed on another thread, but to me it has went too extreme, the atmosphere and fan experience bumped in the process.
ER is big enough to cater for all fans and some safe standing I'm sure would prove very popular and always sell out. Need it cost that much to do (?)

It was deliberately too extreme. The Taylor Report used the tragedy of Hillsborough as an attempt to eradicate the working class culture from football for good. There has been a massive shift towards the 'family friendly' football day out. It's no coincidence, it started from there.

RoYO!
30-11-2019, 07:00 AM
Get the loudest most vociferous fans in behind the away goalie. Not tucked away up in a corner. Right in behind him. Roar the team to the goal. Genuinely think we’d see results improve as a result.

GreenCastle
01-12-2019, 08:34 AM
St Mirren fans showed on Tuesday you don’t need many to many a noise.

I think the answer is to keep 2 or 3 blocks of FF lower seating.

The other 2 /3 closest lower sections closest to the East make safe standing to start with.

This should mean the FF looks more full as current ST holders move to other seats or other areas of the ground - including Upper where section is currently located. Would save having to relocate everyone.

Before you say family section with singing section...it’s pretty much like that as it is.

I would just give them south lower or even wear lower as family friendly.

The noise should stay within the stadium and would mean less disruption for all.

The atmosphere is crap at ER and it’s not because people aren’t trying it’s just a poor set up for those who want to improve it.

EI255
01-12-2019, 10:40 AM
Do they even need this?

Their support is rubbish.

Don't understand this one. Not as if it's cheap either.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk