PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Rod Petrie

CentreLine
12-06-2019, 06:08 AM
Scotsman headline “Rod Petrie to be sworn in unopposed as Scottish FA President”
Only the third Hibs official to do so, after Harry Swan and Tommy Younger.
Now we will see the media turn on the SFA all the more but Rodders will not flinch an I personally think he will steer the ship expertly to bigger and better things.

JimBHibees
12-06-2019, 06:11 AM
Scotsman headline “Rod Petrie to be sworn in unopposed as Scottish FA President”
Now we will see the media turn on the SFA all the more but Rodders will not flinch an I personally think he will steer the ship expertly to bigger and better things.

Does that mean he can have nothing to do with Hibs?

Billy Whizz
12-06-2019, 06:24 AM
Does that mean he can have nothing to do with Hibs?

Think he means he has to still be at Hibs to be the SFA president

DarlingtonHibee
12-06-2019, 06:26 AM

My mistake Billy

Billy Whizz
12-06-2019, 06:27 AM
My mistake Billy

I’m not saying I’m right, just think you need to be associated with a club to get on the board in the 1st place

we are hibs
12-06-2019, 06:29 AM
Surely the chairman of hibs being the head of the SFA is a conflict of interest, no?

JimBHibees
12-06-2019, 06:30 AM

Ok cheers honestly didn't know.

green day
12-06-2019, 06:30 AM
I’m not saying I’m right, just think you need to be associated with a club to get on the board in the 1st place

I think thats correct.

I assume that it means he has less to do with the day to day at ER, so hope that means Dempster is here for a while yet.

Golden Bear
12-06-2019, 06:31 AM
Many congrats Rod.

:thumbsup:

neil7908
12-06-2019, 06:48 AM
Can't decide if this is a good or bad thing for us. We'll undoubtedly see more attacks on him and the SFA in general from the media. No doubt after decades of mediocrity this will be the impetuous for the some to call for "real change"

The Modfather
12-06-2019, 07:41 AM

What are the bigger and better things you think he will steer us to? Genuine question.

I think he might manage to improve the SFA commercially, but on the football and footballing infrastructure side he won’t have any idea what to do or how to do it, same with the rest of the old boys network at the SFA. Here’s hoping Clarke is here for a long time as Petrie was one of McLeish’s advocates.

Siralbertkidd
12-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Ah, now the no raking over the coals quote seems to have had a purpose.

Bostonhibby
12-06-2019, 07:51 AM
I just hope he makes a better job of introducing an SFA Ponzi scheme than he did marketing his Hibs one. Still not clear how it works.

Petrie out.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
12-06-2019, 08:03 AM
Fud of a man, perfectly suited for the job I suppose

Pretty Boy
12-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Totally indifferent to this.

He's been in a position of influence at the SFA for years and the organisation is fundamentally flawed. I don't see how him moving one office along really changes anything. Let's be honest there have been calls for change at the SFA for decades and it's not happened and it's not going to happen now. We have what we have and that's about all there is to be said.

The whole system of people walking into the top jobs unopposed needs looked at really. It won't be.

Diclonius
12-06-2019, 08:26 AM
He got what he wanted, well done. When does he leave us now?

Greencore
12-06-2019, 08:29 AM

Shhhh, you'll make his lovers angry and they'll attack you for having a difference of opinion, even though this is a public forum....

The 90+2
12-06-2019, 08:31 AM
It can’t be a bad thing for the club. Nice one Rodders.

Frazerbob
12-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Well done RP.

Peevemor
12-06-2019, 08:41 AM

He's been in a position of influence at the SFA for years and the organisation is fundamentally flawed. I don't see how him moving one office along really changes anything. Let's be honest there have been calls for change at the SFA for decades and it's not happened and it's not going to happen now. We have what we have and that's about all there is to be said.

The whole system of people walking into the top jobs unopposed needs looked at really. It won't be.

Ordinarily the influence of a Vice President is nothing compared to that of the President.

RP will be in a position to propose his own initiatives and try to steer the board in the direction he wants to go.

We'll see how it pans out.

Bostonhibby
12-06-2019, 08:43 AM
Shhhh, you'll make his lovers angry and they'll attack you for having a difference of opinion, even though this is a public forum....In the interests of fairness, Should the Rod Petrie fan club members (I'm not one) not get the same warning?

There'll be someone along to attack you for having a different opinion from them even though it's a public forum.

Wilson
12-06-2019, 08:46 AM

If that's all it takes then, going by your post, you'd likely have been in with a shout.

The Leith Dutch
12-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Shhhh, you'll make his lovers angry and they'll attack you for having a difference of opinion, even though this is a public forum....

It's less of a difference of opinion and more just a crass insult. Petrie was clearly limited in terms of delivering on the football side but did a pretty decent job on finance and infrastructure.

I suspect there are few lovers out there because ultimately we're fans of a football club and not a business but that shouldn't take away from what he did do.

As with most things on this site it shouldn't only be about extremes - most of our players are neither imposters or the Scottish Pele.

CentreLine
12-06-2019, 08:53 AM
What are the bigger and better things you think he will steer us to? Genuine question.

I think he might manage to improve the SFA commercially, but on the football and footballing infrastructure side he won’t have any idea what to do or how to do it, same with the rest of the old boys network at the SFA. Here’s hoping Clarke is here for a long time as Petrie was one of McLeish’s advocates.

What I see is that he is now in a position where he can drive changes from the top. A considerably more influential position than being deputy.

I think he will change some of the things that he has spoken of being frustrated by when addressing AGM's over the years. One that springs immediately to mind is the "rolling out of a carpet" style of selecting fixtures, something that disadvantaged Hibs year on year when it came to the plum fixtures during the festive season. For a long time the Ne'er Day Derby was disproportionately to be staged at Tynecastle. I think we may see a fairer system there.

I cannot see the SFA being stuck for a sponsor for long now that Rod is at the helm

I also see Rod as someone who will encourage a broader church of views and participants in the management of the SFA and bring in capable people in crucial roles. I do hope that does not mean that we will see Leeanne Dempster head hunted

None of that may happen of course but when it comes to strong and resolute leadership Rod has shown that in the face of vitriolic opposition for years at ER and I think he will bring that to the SFA. He does not need to be popular to be effective.

Oh...... and I forgot the need for a five year plan

What I do not see is a great deal more openness at the SFA though

Since452
12-06-2019, 09:00 AM
Hopefully some favourable decisions coming our way driven from the top 😉

BegbieHSC
12-06-2019, 09:30 AM
I’ve never been big on Petrie, but seeing the foaming rage he got the huns into after 21.05 made me respect him that bit more.

His appointment has them hyperventilating with it too: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rod-petrie-to-be-sfa-president.78336/

Up the Rod!

Since452
12-06-2019, 09:46 AM
His tears after the cup win were genuine. He's a Hibby like the rest of us. I find some of the criticism he gets a bit OTT to be honest.

Bostonhibby
12-06-2019, 09:47 AM
I’ve never been big on Petrie, but seeing the foaming rage he got the huns into after 21.05 made me respect him that bit more.

His appointment has them hyperventilating with it too: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rod-petrie-to-be-sfa-president.78336/

Up the Rod!Unopposed as well so hopefully they realise he was sevco's man for the job[emoji16]

LeithMike
12-06-2019, 09:50 AM
If we are thinking of the good of Scottish football then there are huge question Mark's over this. RP has been part of the system that has been in perpetual decline for a number of years. Transformational change (which is very much needed) typically only happens when there is a clear change in the leadership. RP is embedded in a flawed system and it's only going to be natural for him to defend decisions which he has previously been involved in.

His record at Hibs is also very mixed. The club has probably under achieved for large parts of his tenure and it was only 3 to 4 years ago that there was a real disconnect with the fans. Bringing in LD was surely an admission that he was failing in a number of key aspects of football administration. To now get the most senior role in football administration in Scottish football raises serious question marks for me. Hopefully, he has learned from his failures and will listen to Steve Clarke.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
12-06-2019, 09:57 AM
If that's all it takes then, going by your post, you'd likely have been in with a shout.

Haha yes very good mate

Unfortunately being sleekit and having good connections are also requirements

CapitalGreen
12-06-2019, 09:58 AM
Congratulations to the Cup Winning Legend

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article8020727.ece/ALTERNATES/s508/JS90678655.jpg

SquashedFrogg
12-06-2019, 10:06 AM
His tears after the cup win were genuine. He's a Hibby like the rest of us. I find some of the criticism he gets a bit OTT to be honest.

This sums things up for me.

One Day Soon
12-06-2019, 10:28 AM

I've never understood posts like this - on any theme. I don't think I've ever seen anyone attacked for having a different opinion on anything.

I've seen people expressing differing views from one another and then some people getting humpty about other people disagreeing with them, but that's not really the same as being attacked for having a different opinion.

Franck Stanton
12-06-2019, 10:39 AM
I think thats correct.

I assume that it means he has less to do with the day to day at ER, so hope that means Dempster is here for a while yet.

Anything that keeps Dempster at Easter Road & Petrie away gets my vote.

Mcpakeisgod
12-06-2019, 10:40 AM
Not perfect. Just like all of us. Cares for the club though and wish him all the best in his role as president

we are hibs
12-06-2019, 10:41 AM

He most defo isn't "like the rest of us".

Antifa Hibs
12-06-2019, 11:09 AM
The reaction on FF by greeting huns has confirmed this is the correct appointment. Top marks SFA and Roddy

AltheHibby
12-06-2019, 11:19 AM

Up the Rod!

Their absolute lack of self awareness is breathtaking! 😂

Since452
12-06-2019, 11:27 AM
The funniest thing about the FF thread is that they still believe their players were attacked 3 years on

SquashedFrogg
12-06-2019, 11:33 AM

How do you define the rest of us?

Northernhibee
12-06-2019, 12:27 PM

Or maybe people will come along and put forward a more balanced and well informed post than calling him a "fud" because it's a public forum and if you put your opinions forward then you can expect someone to disagree with you?

FWIW I'm not his biggest fan but the combination of his prudence with Leeann Dempster's contribution has been very fruitful for the club and seen record season ticket numbers and a Scottish Cup win so in balance, he's hardly a "fud" of a man and neither has he been a disaster.

Caversham Green
12-06-2019, 12:28 PM

He's expressed an opinion, some will disagree with him but no-one has tried to prevent him from expressing it. You don't seem keen on letting people disagree with him though.

Even though this is a public forum.

Northernhibee
12-06-2019, 12:39 PM

Well no, he has to make difficult decisions for the wellbeing of the club that may not be popular but have to be made.

So you're quite right. His time at Hibs has had some extreme low points - relegation - but if you're to criticize him for that you also have to congratulate him for his successes otherwise it's a rather one sided thing, isn't it?

12-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Good luck Rod

KeithTheHibby
12-06-2019, 12:51 PM

This is the crux of it for me. Jobs for the boys.

Ozyhibby
12-06-2019, 12:53 PM

Our commercial income trails Aberdeen’s and Hearts even though our crowds are comparable with both so I don’t see how improves the SFA commercially?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
12-06-2019, 12:56 PM
What I see is that he is now in a position where he can drive changes from the top. A considerably more influential position than being deputy.

I think he will change some of the things that he has spoken of being frustrated by when addressing AGM's over the years. One that springs immediately to mind is the "rolling out of a carpet" style of selecting fixtures, something that disadvantaged Hibs year on year when it came to the plum fixtures during the festive season. For a long time the Ne'er Day Derby was disproportionately to be staged at Tynecastle. I think we may see a fairer system there.

I cannot see the SFA being stuck for a sponsor for long now that Rod is at the helm

I also see Rod as someone who will encourage a broader church of views and participants in the management of the SFA and bring in capable people in crucial roles. I do hope that does not mean that we will see Leeanne Dempster head hunted

None of that may happen of course but when it comes to strong and resolute leadership Rod has shown that in the face of vitriolic opposition for years at ER and I think he will bring that to the SFA. He does not need to be popular to be effective.

Oh...... and I forgot the need for a five year plan

What I do not see is a great deal more openness at the SFA though

There is no evidence Rod has any intention of changing any of those things.

12-06-2019, 12:58 PM
There is no evidence Rod has any intention of changing any of those things.

Except for the evidence mentioned in the post.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2019, 01:33 PM
He is a good administrator … most of the downside of his tenure at Hibs was a failure on the playing side by the club which depending on your point of view was a result of penny pinching and the odd dodgy managerial appointment.

Who does or doesn't play for Scotland has nothing to do with a playing budget so how Rod thinks the SFA's money should be spent wont impact directly on the current national side. How he views the resourcing and funding of infrastructure to foster and grow the game at grass roots level will in the long term though. his enthusiasm for building Hibs a proper training centre at least hints that he appreciates the importance of such things.

What he is definitely very good at is identifying what's needed in the way of infrastructure and delivering it, so maybe in the fullness of time Hampden might be transformed from the less than brilliant venue it is just now into something resembling a national stadium worthy of the name.

Anyway, good luck to him.

Hibs07p
12-06-2019, 02:33 PM
Leeann for our Chairperson. :agree::agree::agree:

Will he still be employed at Hibs?

Yes. The SFA president has to be attached to a club - Alan McRae's affiliated club was Cove Rangers - so Petrie will still hold onto his role as chairman of the Easter Road side.

Can he leave his role at Hibs?

Yes. The SFA's Articles of Association stipulate that: "An Office-Bearer, for the period of his term of office as an Office-Bearer, shall be entitled, at any time during the period of his term of office as an Office-Bearer, to renounce all connections with the club on whose Official Return he is specified, subject to prior written intimation to the Board."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/rod-petrie-as-sfa-president-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-hibs-chairman-s-new-role-1-4945914

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

The Modfather
12-06-2019, 02:34 PM
He is a good administrator … most of the downside of his tenure at Hibs was a failure on the playing side by the club which depending on your point of view was a result of penny pinching and the odd dodgy managerial appointment.

Who does or doesn't play for Scotland has nothing to do with a playing budget so how Rod thinks the SFA's money should be spent wont impact directly on the current national side. How he views the resourcing and funding of infrastructure to foster and grow the game at grass roots level will in the long term though. his enthusiasm for building Hibs a proper training centre at least hints that he appreciates the importance of such things.

What he is definitely very good at is identifying what's needed in the way of infrastructure and delivering it, so maybe in the fullness of time Hampden might be transformed from the less than brilliant venue it is just now into something resembling a national stadium worthy of the name.

Anyway, good luck to him.

I think Petrie can build the bricks and mortar projects like a training centre, but building it is the easy part. I have no faith he has any idea how to use them or get the best out of them.

Peevemor
12-06-2019, 02:40 PM
I think Petrie can build the bricks and mortar projects like a training centre, but building it is the easy part. I have no faith he has any idea how to use them or get the best out of them.

I know. I mean when was the last time we saw Rod in a tracksuit?

Oh, wait a minute - he appoints people to employ other people for that stuff...

we are hibs
12-06-2019, 02:45 PM
The funniest thing about the FF thread is that they still believe their players were attacked 3 years on

I still have 3 huns on my mantelpiece that I battered on the park that day and took home. Got them stuffed and stuck them up there to keep the bairn away from the fire.

Hibs90
12-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Getting Dempster in was a point of genius to be fair.

The Modfather
12-06-2019, 02:49 PM
I know. I mean when was the last time we saw Rod in a tracksuit?

Oh, wait a minute - he appoints people to employ other people for that stuff...

I did think about rewording my post to say he has no idea what needs to be in place to get the benefit of something like a training centre, but didn’t think anyone would be deliberately obtuse. Clearly I was wrong.

It took Dempster coming in and setting up a modern structure with a sport science department etc before we were using the training centre to it’s potential. I’ve no confidence Rod will have a vision to improve the coaching and training structure that will change how we produce players as a nation. I suspect it will be more of the same of what we’ve been doing the last 30 years with the exact same results.

Bishop Hibee
12-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Altogether now “The Tache is at the wheel. How good does it feel.......”

DarlingtonHibee
12-06-2019, 03:13 PM

What doesn't he have that we all have?

Peevemor
12-06-2019, 03:15 PM
I did think about rewording my post to say he has no idea what needs to be in place to get the benefit of something like a training centre, but didn’t think anyone would be deliberately obtuse. Clearly I was wrong.

It took Dempster coming in and setting up a modern structure with a sport science department etc before we were using the training centre to it’s potential. I’ve no confidence Rod will have a vision to improve the coaching and training structure that will change how we produce players as a nation. I suspect it will be more of the same of what we’ve been doing the last 30 years with the exact same results.

I think RP put too much faith in the managers. Now, under Leeann Dempster (who was head hunted and appointed by RP) & George Craig, the managers are required to fit into the existing system.

Wilson
12-06-2019, 03:28 PM
What doesn't he have that we all have?

A reflection?

The Modfather
12-06-2019, 03:30 PM
I think RP put too much faith in the managers. Now, under Leeann Dempster (who was head hunted and appointed by RP) & George Craig, the managers are required to fit into the existing system.

I don’t think we particularly had a system under Petrie, we just lurched from manager to manager.

One of the best things Petrie did was admit he wasn’t capable of running the footballing side of Hibs. He is now at the head of an association that has been going backwards for 30 years. What is it that Petrie will do differently to all those before him?

greenpaper55
12-06-2019, 04:07 PM
He looks more like PC Murdoch from oor Wullie every year !

superfurryhibby
12-06-2019, 04:57 PM
Our commercial income trails Aberdeen’s and Hearts even though our crowds are comparable with both so I don’t see how improves the SFA commercially?

How do you work out commercial income? Turnover and accounts which include donations from benefactors, anonymous and known. Both clubs have be benefitted from external inputs that Hibs haven’t had. I suspect that this is the difference in the turnover figures.

As for Rammers, it can’t hurt Hibs to have our man at the helm of the games governing body, can it? It’s also a nice girfuy to Lawwell and the Huns. Satisfying.

12-06-2019, 05:01 PM
I think thats correct.

I just hope he doesn't poach Leeann to sort out the SFA.

HIGHLANDLEITHER
12-06-2019, 09:02 PM
Or maybe people will come along and put forward a more balanced and well informed post than calling him a "fud" because it's a public forum and if you put your opinions forward then you can expect someone to disagree with you?

FWIW I'm not his biggest fan but the combination of his prudence with Leeann Dempster's contribution has been very fruitful for the club and seen record season ticket numbers and a Scottish Cup win so in balance, he's hardly a "fud" of a man and neither has he been a disaster.

Full respect for Petrie’s financial prudence over a number of years, especially compared to a host of clubs including one not far away.
Unfortunately he has been at the SFA during the 5 way agreement and also trumpeted the lets move on nonsense when RFC were found guilty on their use of EBTs. This after saying we can’t do anything until the court case is completed. If he takes the chance to make the SFA a more open, honest and accountable organisation he may regain some respect.

Mibbes Aye
12-06-2019, 09:18 PM
I for one welcome our new overlord :greengrin

Let's face it, the Rod-haters are always going to hate. They always seized on the new big thing until it was discredited - the car park money, the ownership of East Mains, the Ponzi scheme and countless other accusations that have been flung his way over the years. Now they can throw everything about Scottish football at Rod's door.

It's pretty pathetic but I guess if you aren't smart enough to think things through, then creating a bogeyman and placing all ills on him is the way to go.

The Modfather
12-06-2019, 10:04 PM
I for one welcome our new overlord :greengrin

Let's face it, the Rod-haters are always going to hate. They always seized on the new big thing until it was discredited - the car park money, the ownership of East Mains, the Ponzi scheme and countless other accusations that have been flung his way over the years. Now they can throw everything about Scottish football at Rod's door.

It's pretty pathetic but I guess if you aren't smart enough to think things through, then creating a bogeyman and placing all ills on him is the way to go.

While that’s true, and some are more interested in their own agendas than the truth, none of that is reflective of this thread or many of the threads on here over the years.

There’s plenty to question Petrie on in terms of his ability to run the footballing elements of Hibs or the national team without needing to make things up like Ponzi schemes.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2019, 11:31 PM
The reaction on FF by greeting huns has confirmed this is the correct appointment. Top marks SFA and Roddy

Some of the nonsense on there is truly disturbing. They drag up the Gordon Neely case in the full knowledge ( or maybe not, they really are that thick ) that absolutely nobody connected with Hibs since tom Farmer acquired the club at the start of the 90s, including Rod Petrie, was around Easter Road when Neely was there. That doesn't matter to them embroiled in their hatred as they are.

Jeez they really are pathetic …….. A lot of comments on that sight professing worry about the future of Scottish football with Petrie at the helm. If they really are concerned about the image and future of Scottish football they could do worse than buy a sodding mirror to help them find its biggest problem.

Squealing pig
13-06-2019, 12:05 AM
All the best Rodders .

Ozyhibby
13-06-2019, 08:09 AM
Has there been a statement from Petrie? After waiting for a long time to finally take charge of the Scottish game he would have been keen to let the games supporters know what his plans were for taking the game forward? Or is it just more of the same? [emoji849]

Since452
13-06-2019, 03:11 PM
Silly question thats maybe already been answered but will he have to leave Hibs due to a conflict of interests?

Peevemor
13-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Silly question thats maybe already been answered but will he have to leave Hibs due to a conflict of interests?

SFA board members (and thus the President) have to be affiliated to a club, so anyone eligible to be appointed could be said to have a conflict of interests.

JimBHibees
13-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Some of the nonsense on there is truly disturbing. They drag up the Gordon Neely case in the full knowledge ( or maybe not, they really are that thick ) that absolutely nobody connected with Hibs since tom Farmer acquired the club at the start of the 90s, including Rod Petrie, was around Easter Road when Neely was there. That doesn't matter to them embroiled in their hatred as they are.

Jeez they really are pathetic …….. A lot of comments on that sight professing worry about the future of Scottish football with Petrie at the helm. If they really are concerned about the image and future of Scottish football they could do worse than buy a sodding mirror to help them find its biggest problem.

I don't think supporters of any club including our own really should be throwing mud re that issue as all will likely have uncomfortable closets in their own cupboards.

Since452
13-06-2019, 04:20 PM
SFA board members (and thus the President) have to be affiliated to a club, so anyone eligible to be appointed could be said to have a conflict of interests.

👍

cmcd
13-06-2019, 04:23 PM
This sums things up for me.

Me also

Ozyhibby
13-06-2019, 05:04 PM
It’s been great hearing all his plans for Scottish football going forward. Such a breath of fresh air. [emoji849]

One Day Soon
14-06-2019, 09:03 AM
A reflection?

Yeah, but he's OUR vampire.

One Day Soon
14-06-2019, 09:04 AM
I don’t think we particularly had a system under Petrie, we just lurched from manager to manager.

One of the best things Petrie did was admit he wasn’t capable of running the footballing side of Hibs. He is now at the head of an association that has been going backwards for 30 years. What is it that Petrie will do differently to all those before him?

Not favour the Old Firm. He may be many things, but a patsy for them isn't one of them.

Siralbertkidd
14-06-2019, 09:06 AM
Not favour the Old Firm. He may be many things, but a patsy for them isn't one of them.

Really? He has already let the rangers off the hook by not "raking over the coals" and stripping them of their cheated titles.

One Day Soon
14-06-2019, 09:12 AM
It’s been great hearing all his plans for Scottish football going forward. Such a breath of fresh air. [emoji849]

Never his style at Hibs and won't be in the new role. If they wanted someone that likes to make their mouth go, overspend on terrible infrastructure development, release pictures of massive planning applications, narrate fantasy hotel developments and generally fanny about with very public displays of with ill fitting self importance then perhaps the other side of the city would have been more fertile recruiting grounds.

If, on the other hand, someone who can STFU and keep their cards close to their chest until a deal is done with all i's dotted and all t's crossed is what you're after then Rod's your man.

One Day Soon
14-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Really? He has already let the rangers off the hook by not "raking over the coals" and stripping them of their cheated titles.

In any direct dealings he has had with either of the OF I don't recall him ever coming off second best. Not in transfers and not in sporting integrity. When it's really mattered to us he's always kept his eyes on the prize and protected the club's interest.

ICGAF about their illicit titles. Everyone knows what they were up to and that whole period is irretrievably tainted. That was never going to be formally undone in retrospect (though it would have deserved to have been) and having our Chairman pursue that path would have been a massive diversion of energy, time and resource better put into the running of our club.

itslegaltender
14-06-2019, 09:23 AM
Anyone hearing rumour about Hibs being sold? Load of keek?

One Day Soon
14-06-2019, 09:45 AM

IDK, but if Hibs are sold presumably Rod is out which then means it's difficult for him to hold on to the SFA post. So it seems unlikely.

Peevemor
14-06-2019, 09:48 AM
IDK, but if Hibs are sold presumably Rod is out which then means it's difficult for him to hold on to the SFA post. So it seems unlikely.

It's possible that in the event of a takeover the new majority shareholder could keep RP on the board, therefore he could also keep his place at the SFA.

w pilton hibby
14-06-2019, 10:28 AM
It's possible that in the event of a takeover the new majority shareholder could keep RP on the board, therefore he could also keep his place at the SFA.

As I read this

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/rod-petrie-as-sfa-president-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-hibs-chairman-s-new-role-1-4945914

Now he has been elected Chairman, Rod can leave Hibs but still keep his position with the SFA.

oldbutdim
14-06-2019, 10:43 AM

Yes.

Definitely I'd say.

BoomtownHibees
14-06-2019, 10:47 AM
See Bonnyrigg have been granted their SFA licence.

Well done Rod

Capt Mainwaring
14-06-2019, 10:51 AM
See Bonnyrigg have been granted their SFA licence.

Well done Rod

Just thinking the exact same. That fella Petrie disnae hang about.
In the door one day and Bonnyrigg’s previously declined membership application approved the next

Cheers Rod from all us Bonnyrigg Hibbys

donno
14-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Scottish football would have been better served with LD and AB as chairman and vice chairman!

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

The 90+2
14-06-2019, 03:59 PM
Scottish football would have been better served with LD and AB as chairman and vice chairman!

Wtf has budge done except loan them money? Check the utter state of the overpriced stand she’s built.

donno
14-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Wtf has budge done except loan them money? Check the utter state of the overpriced stand she’s built.If we had been in the same state as hearts, and she had come in and done for us what she has done for them, then the sun would shine out of her ass! Both LD and AB are football supporters. RP had never been in a football ground before TF brought him in! Good financial administrator, yes. Football person, no!!

Scotland will never qualify for another major international tournament with a good balance sheet. FFS, Celtic and New Rangers have a bigger turnover than the SFA, and the current incumbents in the SFA don't care.

Add in buying Hampden, with no plan of what to do with it, then the lunatics have really taken over the asylum!

Rant over![emoji3525][emoji3525]

The 90+2
14-06-2019, 04:16 PM
If we had been in the same state as hearts, and she had come in and done for us what she has done for them, then the sun would shine out of her ass! Both LD and AB are football supporters. RP had never been in a football ground before TF brought him in! Good financial administrator, yes. Football person, no!!

Scotland will never qualify for another major international tournament with a good balance sheet. FFS, Celtic and New Rangers have a bigger turnover than the SFA, and the current incumbents in the SFA don't care.

Add in buying Hampden, with no plan of what to do with it, then the lunatics have really taken over the asylum!

Rant over![emoji3525][emoji3525]

Again, apart from getting them promoted and overspending on a stand she leant their support money for what has she achieved? Take away the stand they had a complete free slate debt free when she arrived and has achieved on the pitch less than us, a club in absolute free fall at the same time LD took over.

Budge isn’t a football person either, she leaves potter to ***** away loads every season on duds leading to them finishing 6th twice and 5th over the past 4 years with no trophies either to show for it.

Moulin Yarns
15-06-2019, 08:52 AM
Not everyone is happy about the appointment :greengrin

Gazborangers‏ @gazborangers (https://twitter.com/gazborangers)

Well worth two minutes of your time to sign this petition calling for the removal of Rod Petrie as president of the SFA. In 2016 when Rangers players were assaulted on the pitch by Hibs supporters he described this as exuberance. #RangersFC (https://twitter.com/hashtag/RangersFC?src=hash) #Rangers (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rangers?src=hash)

https://www.change.org/p/scottish-football-fans-remove-rod-petrie-as-sfa-president?use_react=false

https://twitter.com/gazborangers/status/1139552633918775298

weecounty hibby
15-06-2019, 09:01 AM
Not everyone is happy about the appointment :greengrin

https://twitter.com/gazborangers/status/1139552633918775298
Rod has to be the right appointment if it is upsetting ****ers like gazbo. Good on you Rod, let's hope that during your tenure you manage to upset them even more

heretoday
15-06-2019, 12:44 PM
All those handshakes were worth it, eh Rod?

Gantin-troosers
15-06-2019, 08:55 PM
https://youtu.be/64rje_22I5k

Since452
15-06-2019, 10:42 PM
If it upsets Hearts and Rangers fans fantastic, I'm all for it. Rod Petrie at the helm won't make one iota of difference. We're ***** anyway. We might be a more financially prudent ***** under him if nothing else. Might help buy a new burger kiosk at Hampden.