PDA

View Full Version : Belgium v Scotland

Pages : [1] 2

we are hibs
11-06-2019, 07:12 AM
Belgium are number 1 ranked team in the world. They have plenty world class players. It could be a long night for Scotland but we live in hope. Would certainly be one of the most unexpected results in Scottish football ever if they won. There 100% needs to be a massive improvement in performance from the other night if Scotland are to get anything.

worcesterhibby
11-06-2019, 08:45 AM
I suspect we will see a much better performance. Scotland normally are at their best against better sides, where we are expected to defend and only have a few chances from set plays and breakaways. Unfortunately our defence doesn't fill me with confidence at the moment, but I would expect this to end 2-0 or 3-1 rather than a drubbing. Belgium will feel their BIG games are against Russia and most of the Belgian Team must be wishing they were on the beach with their mates as pre-season starts in about a week for many clubs. If Scotland have the right attitude and some luck, it might be closer than we think.

Smartie
11-06-2019, 08:51 AM
I suspect we will see a much better performance. Scotland normally are at their best against better sides, where we are expected to defend and only have a few chances from set plays and breakaways. Unfortunately our defence doesn't fill me with confidence at the moment, but I would expect this to end 2-0 or 3-1 rather than a drubbing. Belgium will feel their BIG games are against Russia and most of the Belgian Team must be wishing they were on the beach with their mates as pre-season starts in about a week for many clubs. If Scotland have the right attitude and some luck, it might be closer than we think.

Historically we are because we have historically produced great defenders. This team's weak spot is the defence so I don't hold out much hope for this one.

The centre of our midfield is good, and they'll relish the battle with some top players but I can't see Mulgrew, O' Donnell and McKenna being able to do much to keep out the likes of DeBruyne and Hazard.

We don't even have that wee bit of class up front to hit them on the break.

It's going to be a long and unpleasant night.

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 08:54 AM
Belgium are overrated and struggle if they don’t score an early goal. Mon Scotland.

number9dream
11-06-2019, 09:02 AM
After the dreadful defeat in Kazakhstan we need to pull something special out of the bag somewhere over the next four games - Belgium & Russia home & away. To have any chance of finishing second we need to beat Russia at Hampden and pick up a bonus in one of the other games - and then no slip ups in any of the remaining fixtures. A very, very tall order. I can't see us getting anything tonight but it's another game for Clarke to get to know the players and for them to understand his methods.

McGinn might well be dropped for a more defensive player like McTominay since the three lefties in midfield was a bit awkward and he was given the short straw on the right. Burke to start up front after his goal? Brophy looked a bit lost the other night. Can't see many other changes but the thought of Hazard running at O'Donnell is scary. Belgium have class in every position.

One Day Soon
11-06-2019, 09:18 AM
We are very likely to get caned and no-one should be over critical if that happens. Belgium are an excellent side, massively above our standard and we have a new manager finding his feet with a moderate squad.

I'll be happy if it's not worse that 3-0.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2019, 09:36 AM
Belgium are overrated.

Eh?

Hermit Crab
11-06-2019, 09:37 AM
Belgium are overrated and struggle if they don’t score an early goal. Mon Scotland.

Behave.

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 09:40 AM
Eh?

Pumped off Wales in the Euro’s bottle job in the WC. Yes they win their groups but I can’t think of many big wins for them and they struggle to break down teams. Individually brilliant mind.

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Behave.

The best teams in the world win stuff or even look like winning stuff. So far Belgium who are rated as number 1 in the world are over rated imo.

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2019, 09:44 AM
no kilmarnock players please

Smartie
11-06-2019, 09:44 AM
Pumped off Wales in the Euro’s bottle job in the WC. Yes they win their groups but I can’t think of many big wins for them and they struggle to break down teams. Individually brilliant mind.

FWIW I agree with you.

They still need to turn outstanding individual talent into a good team.

Even though this is the case, every individual could have an off-night and they'd be good enough to beat us.

Rather than say they are over-rated I'd that they have thus far underachieved given the talent they possess.

I think it'll click for them one day soon.

AugustaHibs
11-06-2019, 10:37 AM

wouldn't say they bottled the WC... they beat brazil and then got knocked out by the eventual winners??

H18S NX
11-06-2019, 10:50 AM
I think Belgium will take 4 off Scotland tonight,our defence is rank.

One Day Soon
11-06-2019, 10:50 AM
FWIW I agree with you.

Even though this is the case, every individual could have an off-night and they'd be good enough to beat us.

Rather than say they are over-rated I'd that they have thus far underachieved given the talent they possess.

Thanks, but why are you telling me this?

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 10:58 AM
FWIW I agree with you.

Yeah that’s more or less what I meant 👍

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 11:00 AM
wouldn't say they bottled the WC... they beat brazil and then got knocked out by the eventual winners??

They should have won it, perhaps bottling it was ott - which they certainly did in the Euros.

MartinfaePorty
11-06-2019, 11:10 AM
Looking forward to it. Weather is decent, especially given the forecast was cloudy and rain. Been sunny and quite warm. Currently enjoying hair of the dog, just off the main square, after a good session last night. I predict 3-1 Belgium, but some of our party more optimistic.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Diclonius
11-06-2019, 11:11 AM
Anything from this game would be a bonus. Clarke has previous for motivating Killie against superior opponents, tonight will be a good test of whether he's already managed to instill that mentality in Scotland.

overdrive
11-06-2019, 11:52 AM
5-0 Belgium.

WeeRussell
11-06-2019, 11:57 AM
Suspect we'll lose by a few goals tonight. Fear the worst and hope for the best.

I'd at least like to see some signs of improvement albeit not the game they should be judged on too much.

NAE NOOKIE
11-06-2019, 12:01 PM
Cant but fear we will get absolutely horsed. If we get a draw Steve Clarke's picture should be up in the hall of fame by Thursday afternoon :greengrin

Scorrie
11-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Shaun Maloney one of the Belgium coaches an aw. Very highly rated apparently

Pretty Boy
11-06-2019, 12:20 PM
If Belgium score early then it could be a long night. If we can contain them then, as said above, they don't always find it easy to break teams down.

I'm going to say 2-0 Belgium. Goals coming in the 2md half just as the crowd start to get frustrated.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 12:22 PM
I’m predicting 3-0 Belgium. Just far too strong.

Hoping to be proved wrong though and we do sneak something in Brussels tonight

Sylar
11-06-2019, 12:33 PM
I fear an absolute hammering tonight, particularly given the lack of options in the squad.

Burke should probably start - he at least has a bit of physique, which we'll need up there against the likes of Kompany, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Vermaelen. Brophy will get absolutely nothing against any of them.

We also could be doing without any passengers in the midfield area. Get MacGregor and McLean out of there - they're absolute enigmas and shirk out of most 50-50 tackles.

Defense featuring Mulgrew and O'Donnell is just asking for them to run riot. I mean, just imagine de Bruyne or Hazard running at either of them...Christ.

One Day Soon
11-06-2019, 12:39 PM
I fear an absolute hammering tonight, particularly given the lack of options in the squad.

Burke should probably start - he at least has a bit of physique, which we'll need up there against the likes of Kompany, Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Vermaelen. Brophy will get absolutely nothing against any of them.

We also could be doing without any passengers in the midfield area. Get MacGregor and McLean out of there - they're absolute enigmas and shirk out of most 50-50 tackles.

Defense featuring Mulgrew and O'Donnell is just asking for them to run riot. I mean, just imagine de Bruyne or Hazard running at either of them...Christ.

When you put it like that I think I'll check what bet365 is offering for over 4 goals...:faf:

Sylar
11-06-2019, 12:41 PM
When you put it like that I think I'll check what bet365 is offering for over 4 goals...:faf:

I offer no apologies if we somehow sneak a draw, or (whisper it), a win...:greengrin

One Day Soon
11-06-2019, 12:43 PM
I offer no apologies if we somehow sneak a draw, or (whisper it), a win...:greengrin

This should be brutal for us. So we'll either get tanked horribly or somehow win it.

Greenbeard
11-06-2019, 12:48 PM
I think Belgium will take 4 off Scotland tonight,our defence is rank.
The ponderous big lump that is Mckenna will be targeted. TBH I'd prefer Berra, even though he is not one for the long term. It's not just Hibs that need Porto back. Scotland do too.

WHAM
11-06-2019, 12:49 PM

I agree re. Callum McGregor. Never seen him make a tackle but I think he is almost certain to start.

I would go with a midfield centre three of McGinn and McTominay both playing deep (we should be building the team around these boys) with Armstrong slightly in front. Forrest and Fraser out wide.

I can’t see us taking anything at all tonight but in football you never know...

ekhibee
11-06-2019, 12:52 PM
I quite fancied the scorecast, De Bruyne to score first, Belgium to win 4-0. The only thing is, they might tinker about with the team selection, so might just go for scores.

Scouse Hibee
11-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Looking forward to this one, Clarke knows he can’t go toe to toe with Belgium so interesting to see what how and who he sets up with. Come on Scotland.

lyonhibs
11-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Looking forward to it. Weather is decent, especially given the forecast was cloudy and rain. Been sunny and quite warm. Currently enjoying hair of the dog, just off the main square, after a good session last night. I predict 3-1 Belgium, but some of our party more optimistic.

Likewise. On Grande Place, sun shining beer flowing. First 20 minutes are key, concede early and we're buggered. I want a good performance, a goal and then we'll take it from there.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2019, 01:13 PM
I fear the worst for tonight, hopefully the Belgians will just go through the motions at the end of a long season and we get off lightly.

Here’s Lucy!
11-06-2019, 01:16 PM
A Hazardous match for Scotland.

neil7908
11-06-2019, 01:16 PM
We'll get a doing. Can see another 4-0.

SteveHFC
11-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Scotland will win 1-0 with Mulgrew scoring.

worcesterhibby
11-06-2019, 01:34 PM
no kilmarnock players please

Unless they are playing for Belgium !

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2019, 01:39 PM

Ah yeah, they lost 1-0 to a header from a set piece in the world cup semi final to eventual winners France. Bottlers...

Probably the most overused word in football these days.

we are hibs
11-06-2019, 05:26 PM
That team looks horrible

Billy Whizz
11-06-2019, 05:27 PM
That team looks horrible

Is Robertson injured?

SteveHFC
11-06-2019, 05:28 PM
That team looks horrible

What a shocking line up.

My money will be going on Belgium -2.

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2019, 05:28 PM
Is Robertson injured?

Hamstring

weecounty hibby
11-06-2019, 05:29 PM
That team looks horrible

I hope that's a fake!

HoboHarry
Ye Gods - that's not for real is it?

hfc rd
That team looks horrible

WTF

That team is horrific!

Easy pesy Belgium win tonight if that is true.

HoboHarry
11-06-2019, 05:30 PM
We must be better than I thought if Fraser and McGinn are only good enough for the bench.....

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2019, 05:32 PM
It’s real. Tweeted by the SFA. Shocking team

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2019, 05:35 PM
Oh dear! Just over 5/2 De Bruyne anytime on Betfair

B.H.F.C
11-06-2019, 05:37 PM
Some strange selections in that team.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Belgium team:

Courtois

Alderweireld
Kompany
Vertonghen

Meunier
Tielemans
Witsel
T.Hazard

De Bruyne
Lukaku
E.Hazard

God help us

Unseen work
11-06-2019, 05:43 PM
If McLeish picked that team he would get dogs abuse.

Forrest and Fraser are our two best attacking threats by a mile.

BoomtownHibees
Belgium team:

Courtois

Alderweireld
Kompany
Vertonghen

Meunier
Tielemans
Witsel
T.Hazard

De Bruyne
Lukaku
E.Hazard

Hazard up against O’Donnell should be fun 🙈

number9dream
It’s real. Tweeted by the SFA. Shocking team

The account must have been hacked... Fraser and Forrest on the bench! Who's playing wide? Russell & Burke with no striker? Or is Armstrong being shunted out on one flank with Burke in the middle?
Tough debut for Taylor. Might have been better with Shinnie in the middle rather than McLean since we're going to be doing a lot of chasing and closing down.
Ah well, Belgium have made a couple of changes too, bringing some duffers from PSG & Monaco...

Since452
11-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Steve Clarke knows better than me but that team looks poor

Pretty Boy
11-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Can't really complain about McGinn being dropped. He was wasteful in possession the other night and gifted Cyrpus 2 good chances. Armstrong gives us a decent bit drive in there and McTominay put in a couple of really good performances for United in Europe last season so the 3 of McGregor, McTominay and Armstrong actually looks OK to me.

Fraser being dropped is a strange one. He's a great outball with his pace and looked promising on Saturday.

Billy Whizz
11-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Steve Clarke knows better than me but that team looks poor

I’ll give him the benefit of doubt, was always going to be a tough game, whoever we picked tonight

Hermit Crab
11-06-2019, 05:49 PM
4-0 Belgium with that Scotland team on the park.

brianmc
11-06-2019, 05:50 PM
I'm not even sure we'll score nil!!!

Diclonius
11-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Why

MagicSwirlingShip
11-06-2019, 05:53 PM
Stinker of a team selection from Clarke. The mind boggles

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Can't really complain about McGinn being dropped. He was wasteful in possession the other night and gifted Cyrpus 2 good chances. Armstrong gives us a decent bit drive in there and McTominay put in a couple of really good performances for United in Europe last season so the 3 of McGregor, McTominay and Armstrong actually looks OK to me.

Fraser being dropped is a strange one. He's a great outball with his pace and looked promising on Saturday.

It won’t be that 3 in the middle I wouldn’t think with McLean playing as well. Mcgregor could play from the left with Russell from the right possibly. Burke through the middle

Smartie
11-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Who is Greg Taylor?

I'm going for 5, it would have been 2 or 3 with a decent team.

We're in for a pumping here.

Belgium 8/13 to keep a shut out and 6/5 -2.5 goals.

I don't think I've ever been so tempted to bet against my own team as that looks like free money to me.

Since452
11-06-2019, 05:59 PM
That team would be a decent Premiership top 6 team

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2019, 06:00 PM

What Premiership?

AugustaHibs
11-06-2019, 06:00 PM

Faroes premiership?

Jim44
11-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Who is Greg Taylor?

I'm going for 5, it would have been 2 or 3 with a decent team.

We're in for a pumping here.

If we hold them to five, SC will come out of it relatively unscathed. In the interview I saw a couple of days ago he was claiming that we should be hopeful of a result. I know he’s got to keep our pecker up but c’mon man, we have no chance of a positive result, scorewise.

number9dream
11-06-2019, 06:02 PM
4-3-2-1, with Armstrong & Russell behind Burke? Belgium with their usual 3-4-3, could be a very tough night for the two Killie full-backs...

Since452
11-06-2019, 06:03 PM
What Premiership?

Scottish

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 06:07 PM

I would fancy Hibs to beat that team, never mind Belgium

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Scottish

I might have my green tinted specs on however I wouldn’t take the goalie or any of the back 4 at Hibs

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 06:10 PM
I might have my green tinted specs on however I wouldn’t take the goalie or any of the back 4 at Hibs

That’s extremely green tinted. All of them would be first choice for Hibs.

Since452
11-06-2019, 06:13 PM
I can see what Clarke is trying to do even at this stage. Trying to make them a club type side.

Brightside
11-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Bollocks.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2019, 06:14 PM
I can see what Clarke is trying to do even at this stage. Trying to make them a club type side.

I doubt that tactic will work tonight.

Since452
11-06-2019, 06:15 PM
I doubt that tactic will work tonight.

Nah im doubtful too!

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2019, 06:15 PM

Can’t agree with that. Rocky every bit as good as Marshall imo. O’Donnell instead of Gray? Not for me. Mulgrew was good in his day, not so much now. Don’t rate Mckenna, despite the “£8m price tag”. And I wouldn’t swap Lewis for Taylor.

Sylar
11-06-2019, 06:19 PM
No quality at either RB or LB? This could be a record drubbing.

The Modfather
What’s going on with the pre match analysis? Why don’t they have separate studios for the Scotland & N.Ireland games?

Leith Green
If Belgium score early on then we could end up getting a good rodgering. Its a team that lacks quality and experience in key areas.

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 06:24 PM
Bollocks.

No problem. Lewis perhaps.

heretoday
11-06-2019, 06:25 PM
We're going to get gubbed.

Michael
11-06-2019, 06:27 PM
I think we're going to win because getting hammered is too obvious.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 06:27 PM
If Clarke manages to get a result tonight with that team, he deserves a MBE

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Can’t agree with that. Rocky every bit as good as Marshall imo. O’Donnell instead of Gray? Not for me. Mulgrew was good in his day, not so much now. Don’t rate Mckenna, despite the “£8m price tag”. And I wouldn’t swap Lewis for Taylor.

I don’t think so. If they where as good then they would all have any sort of look in with the national side. Marshall’s a class goalie playing at a higher level as is Mulgrew. O’Donnell has been outstanding this year and is getting and better. McKenna is debatable but to say you wouldn’t take any of the back 5 when none of our defence is anywhere near the national side at the moment and we finished a poor 5th. Steve Clarke’s Killie conceded only 31 goals in total last season so I’m hoping he can sport defenders to do a job.

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 06:29 PM
I think we're going to win because getting hammered is too obvious.

Nah, hammered. Closer the game gets the more the realisation kicks in.

The 90+2
11-06-2019, 06:30 PM
What’s going on with the pre match analysis? Why don’t they have separate studios for the Scotland & N.Ireland games?

They don’t invest much in international football because itv get England games.

Hibernian Verse
11-06-2019, 06:32 PM
Hayley McQueen is awful. Thank God shes off next year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
11-06-2019, 06:36 PM

Doing it on the cheap, dreadful

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2019, 06:37 PM
I don’t think so. If they where as good then they would all have any sort of look in with the national side. Marshall’s a class goalie playing at a higher level as is Mulgrew. O’Donnell has been outstanding this year and is getting and better. McKenna is debatable but to say you wouldn’t take any of the back 5 when none of our defence is anywhere near the national side at the moment and we finished a poor 5th. Steve Clarke’s Killie conceded only 31 goals in total last season so I’m hoping he can sport defenders to do a job.

Marshall and Mulgrew are playing for lower half Championship teams, not exactly a “higher level”.

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Black trackie tops with navy shorts is another shocker

xyz23jc
11-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Mon' the Brigadoon! :greengrin:thumbsup:

lord bunberry
11-06-2019, 06:43 PM
That’s a very strange looking team imo, but it’s picked now so let’s get the job done Scotland.

The Harp Awakes
11-06-2019, 06:43 PM
The midfield looks very lightweight. No-one there to stop them running through us. Can't believe McGinn's no playing. At least he would have given us a bit of dig in there. Throw in 2 very ordinary full backs (IMO) and the ingredients are there for a humping.

Smartie
11-06-2019, 06:44 PM

That's all very well as long as the club isn't Kilmarnock.

Sylar
11-06-2019, 06:45 PM
Their lineup is horrifically scary. So is ours (but for very different reasons).

Anything less than 3-0 will be a respectable result here.

supermcginn
11-06-2019, 06:47 PM
That's all very well as long as the club isn't Kilmarnock.

Killie can't be that bad, they finished 13 points ahead of us on a lower budget!

Sir David Gray
11-06-2019, 06:47 PM
5-0 Belgium is my prediction if they take this seriously.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2019, 06:49 PM
Like watching Brazil!

The Modfather
11-06-2019, 06:55 PM
Game is still to properly get going but been a decent enough first 10 minutes

Pretty Boy
11-06-2019, 06:55 PM
Good start by Scotland. We look lively on the break. Early days of course.

11-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Half chance for Burke there, should have done better with it.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 06:58 PM
So far, credit where it is due, we have done actually well to contain them so far.

J-C
11-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Just found a decent stream and seen the line up, not the best Scotland team I've seen, not overly confident.

California-Hibs
11-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Good start by Scotland. Clarke can organize, I'm looking forward to his long term reign.

California-Hibs
11-06-2019, 07:00 PM
Does anyone elses Sky Sports keep losing focus and then refocusing?

11-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Well we're 2 goals better off than we were at this point v Kazakhstan.

Spike Mandela
11-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Hayley McQueen is awful. Thank God shes off next year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Awww, I like a bit of Hayley.:cb

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 07:03 PM
De Bruyne should have scored there.

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2019, 07:04 PM
FT soon shirly

Sylar
Cut apart instantly by Hazard.

Still, we're looking OK early doors...

Sir David Gray
De Bruyne with a sitter by his standards. Outstanding by Hazard.

CMac1988
11-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Distribution has to be better. What little we have of the ball we're giving it away too easily.

Since452
11-06-2019, 07:09 PM
We are Scotland we are good we have Belgium camped in our half

Diclonius
11-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Greece getting beaten by Armenia. Wow.

SteveHFC
11-06-2019, 07:10 PM
We are Scotland we are good we have Belgium camped in our half

:faf:

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Jeez, that was close again from De Bruyne.

We were all over the place there

SChibs
11-06-2019, 07:12 PM

You can't really disagree with this considering our back 4 is Scottish and they aren't in the squad and the Scotland back four is in the squad (obviously)

Sylar
11-06-2019, 07:14 PM
Should be 1-0. That hits any part of Lukaku and it's 1-0.

Stunning delivery again by Hazard.

Since452
11-06-2019, 07:16 PM
This reminds me of the recent derby at Easter Road. One team in it but somehow level

California-Hibs
11-06-2019, 07:16 PM
30 minutes in and we're still level, I'll take that.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Fraser coming on for Armstrong

Diclonius
11-06-2019, 07:19 PM
A whole third of the game is gone and we haven't conceded yet!

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 07:22 PM
A whole third of the game is gone and we haven't conceded yet!

Yep, certainly did not see that coming.

BoomtownHibees
11-06-2019, 07:22 PM
You can't really disagree with this considering our back 4 is Scottish and they aren't in the squad and the Scotland back four is in the squad (obviously)

No really. All it means is that the current Scotland manager prefers them.

If I was Scotland boss I would pick Gray and Stevenson ahead of the 2 Killie players

leither17
11-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Taylor is playing better that I expected

heretoday
11-06-2019, 07:26 PM
Lukaku is a total haddie.

Onceinawhile
11-06-2019, 07:27 PM
Hanging on a bit at times, but still hanging in there.

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2019, 07:30 PM
nice to hear our footy fans singing FoS in tune :applause:

CMac1988
11-06-2019, 07:30 PM
Marshall been training at the Marciano school of goal keeping. Assured shot stopper but aimless distribution.

SteveHFC
11-06-2019, 07:31 PM
1-0 Belgium.

Sir David Gray
1-0 Lukaku

hfc rd
1-0 Belgium

Cruel but was coming

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2019, 07:32 PM
ridiculous goal to lose, ridiculous

and McKenna is an absolute donkey

Since452

Your fault

Sylar

He just haddied it into the net...

Hazard slaughtered our defense again.

Avalanche to follow - we can't keep the ball in their half.

Bristolhibby
11-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Players all stopped, expecting the ball to go out. My 10 year old wouldn’t do that!

Schoolboy goal to give away.

J

Sir David Gray
11-06-2019, 07:34 PM
Half time 1-0.

Lago

Can't jump !!!

hfc rd
Pathetic goal to concede.

SquashedFrogg
11-06-2019, 07:35 PM
He just haddied it into the net...

Hazard slaughtered our defense again.

Avalanche to follow - we can't keep the ball in their half.

Tbf I'd fancy my chances against McKenna.

Just Jimmy
11-06-2019, 07:35 PM
every player stopped and its a goal.

we're utter pish. it's rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The Harp Awakes
11-06-2019, 07:36 PM

£8m turned down for McKenna:faf:

CMac1988
Players all stopped, expecting the ball to go out. My 10 year old wouldn’t do that!

Schoolboy goal to give away.

J

Indeed. Poor stuff. Done well to keep it level until that point but if you play not to get beat against the best team in the world then you're going to get beat.

One Day Soon
Aww naw

Bishop Hibee
Played pretty well up until the goal given the opposition. McTominay needs a kick up the arse for stopping playing thinking it was going for a corner.

B.H.F.C
1-0 Belgium

Cruel but was coming

No cruel. They switched off thinking the ball was going out. Silly goal to lose.

MartinfaePorty
11-06-2019, 07:37 PM
Poor goal to give away, especially as we'd been defending pretty well so far. Was great to see the Mexican wave going after 20 minutes, as meant we'd frustrated them. We need a goal now, which doesn't look likely, unfortunately.

Hermit Crab
11-06-2019, 07:39 PM
Scotland getting slaughtered down our right side, McKenna in the middle is gash.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 07:40 PM
No cruel. They switched off thinking the ball was going out. Silly goal to lose.

I meant cruel in regards to the time we conceded that goal, not how we conceded it.

Yes I agree, it was an abysmal goal to concede.

we are hibs
11-06-2019, 07:40 PM
I don't think we've played well. We've barely touched the ball since the 20th minute and could've easily been 3 or 4 down.

Smartie
11-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Killie can't be that bad, they finished 13 points ahead of us on a lower budget!

They're a decent side for Scottish premier league level.

Not for International football.

Having said that, I don't think the Killie players have played that badly tonight.

AugustaHibs
11-06-2019, 07:44 PM
2 minute chat about Scotland at half time and onto talking about wales and Northern Ireland?! Get sky and BT to ****. Can bbc Scotland not just get the rights. They’re clearly not bothered

Sylar
11-06-2019, 07:44 PM
Darren Fletcher is utterly deluded if he thinks we're still in this.

We can't retain the ball, we can't stop Hazard, and they're ripping the utter pish down both flanks - both Taylor and O'Donnell aren't getting close to their men.

I understand it's still only 1-0, but there's no evidence we're capable of getting back into this.

Again, happy for them to prove me wrong, but I don' see it.

Ronniekirk
11-06-2019, 07:45 PM
They played us off the Parkin the last at Hamden They were a pleasure to watch
We an only dream of having players of that quality
So if we manage to avoid conceding three or more we will have done well
Would be nice if we could score one as well
Not a night to judge Clark given how little time he has had in charge and the squad he has inherited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MartinfaePorty
11-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Jesus, feels like I've been transported back 15 years. Had to leave my seat as half a dozen folk behind me smoking and it appears about 50% of the crowd doing the same. Stewards not giving a ****.

California-Hibs
11-06-2019, 07:47 PM
Listen to half you lot. Pre kick off we all stated as long as we keep it respectable and get in and get out. Well so fast we're more than doing that and were only 2 minutes aswel from going level at the half.

Some people have their heads in the sand, slating certain Scotland players as pish, they're up against top notch world class players who can make near on every other teams players look 'pish'.

It's all about Russia at home, that truly is the biggie!

SquashedFrogg
11-06-2019, 07:49 PM
Jesus, feels like I've been transported back 15 years. Had to leave my seat as half a dozen folk behind me smoking and it appears about 50% of the crowd doing the same. Stewards not giving a ****.

Can you not smoke in Belgian stadiums?

The Harp Awakes
11-06-2019, 07:50 PM
2 minute chat about Scotland at half time and onto talking about wales and Northern Ireland?! Get sky and BT to ****. Can bbc Scotland not just get the rights. They’re clearly not bothered

Taylor has been lost in the first 45. Not fair on the lad to draft him in against the world's best team away from home. Shinnie would have been an obvious and better option.

One Day Soon
11-06-2019, 07:50 PM
I can confirm that Peter Houston on Radio Scotland is a) struggling to find credible positives and b) has that standard Jambo Billy Brown type voice. No question about his vehicle and cardigan of choice.

On the upside - as with all Scotland games when we are serially failing - there is some kind of silver lining. That silver lining is the palpable gutted-ness of the media commentary teams focusing their disappointment on Scotland's performance as the cover for their real angst - not getting to go abroad on taxpayer cash for yet another tournament while many of their foreign colleagues get ready to pack the sun tan lotion, the condoms and the expenses slips.

MartinfaePorty
11-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Can you not smoke in Belgian stadiums?I thought it was illegal, but maybe I'm wrong.

Pretty Boy
11-06-2019, 07:52 PM
An annoying goal to lose because it ultimately comes down to individual slackness.

Over the piece we were 2nd best by miles, as to be expected, without ever really looking like we were going to concede a lot of goals. If we had got to half time at 0-0 there would be plenty praise for a gutsy display with plenty heart. Lose a daft goal and every decision and player becomes fair game. That's football I suppose.

Keep doing what we were doing, stay in the game and look to bring on some fresh legs in Forest with 20 to go would be the best bet imo.

MartinfaePorty
11-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Nope, ticket says no smoking. Anyway, come on Scotland!

Smartie
11-06-2019, 07:54 PM
Taylor has been lost in the first 45. Not fair on the lad to draft him in against the world's best team away from home. Shinnie would have been an obvious and better option.

Taylor's done ok. He's got a very tough job tonight and he's stuck to his task. I don't fancy his job one bit tonight. Bizarrely I'd never heard of him before tonight.

Shinnie got torn to pieces by Kazakhstan. He showed in that game there was no way he could be trusted at left-back against Hazard.

Diclonius
A point in this game was always going to be a bonus. Right now the only thing separating us and Russia is that ****ing Kazakhstan game.

HoboHarry
An annoying goal to lose because it ultimately comes down to individual slackness.

Over the piece we were 2nd best by miles, as to be expected, without ever really looking like we were going to concede a lot of goals. If we had got to half time at 0-0 there would be plenty praise for a gutsy display with plenty heart. Lose a daft goal and every decision and player becomes fair game. That's football I suppose.

Keep doing what we were doing, stay in the game and look to bring on some fresh legs in Fraser with 20 to go would be the best bet imo.
Fraser's already on mate :greengrin

Pretty Boy
11-06-2019, 07:55 PM
Fraser's already on mate :greengrin

Yep I meant Forrest. Edited.

hfc rd

Keep doing what we were doing, stay in the game and look to bring on some fresh legs in Fraser with 20 to go would be the best bet imo.

Fraser is already on. Looking at the bench, maybe Forrest & McGinn but Belgium can step it up another gear if they really wanted too.

Pretty Boy

Shinnie was absolutely torn apart against Kazakhstan at LB. He should never be near a Scotland Jersey again in that position.

California-Hibs
11-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Just like for Man United, Lukaku is useless.

supermcginn
11-06-2019, 08:01 PM

Absolute tripe. Lad has done as well as anyone else and looks a decent player. Shinnie was a disgrace in Kazakhstan.

SteveHFC
11-06-2019, 08:02 PM
2-0.

Sir David Gray
2-0 Lukaku

Ronniekirk

He scored that’s what’s he is there to do

Hermit Crab

Aye nah bother. :faf:

GlesgaeHibby
11-06-2019, 08:03 PM
De Bruyne offside in build up there.

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2019, 08:03 PM
marshal-lukaku one-two

Sylar
11-06-2019, 08:04 PM
I don't even see who Clarke brings into the squad that makes the difference to us.

Our defense is absolutely horrific - no Scottish player out there is a markedly better option, and that's worrying.

Same up front - if Burke is as good as it gets, God help us.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 08:04 PM

If he is useless then what does that make our players?

He’s the difference maker tonight.

Pretty Boy
11-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Time to focus on keeping it respectable.

Get out of here with a 2-0 defeat and focus on the next round of games.

SquashedFrogg
Aye nah bother. :faf:

Not sure scoring against that defence suggests he's a great striker.

California-Hibs
If he is useless then what does that make our players?

He’s the difference maker tonight.

Couldnt miss that 2nd, fortunate. He's pish, ask any Man United fan what they think.

matty_f

Think the boy marking Lukaku played him on.

Scotland are showing them far too much respect, we need to get closer to them and start getting some challenges in.

Hermit Crab
11-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Couldnt miss that 2nd, fortunate. He's pish, ask any Man United fan what they think.

He couldn't miss, you're right but he had to be there to score it, he was quicker than our defenders.

Hibrandenburg
11-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Estonia getting ripped by the Germans. Dual nationality has its advantages. 🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪

PatHead
11-06-2019, 08:07 PM

Can't believe that wasn't picked up by VAR

Bishop Hibee
11-06-2019, 08:07 PM
De Bruyne looked a mile offside when the ball was played to him. Not that the Scotland haters on here will mind.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 08:09 PM

Don’t think they have VAR for the qualifiers

California-Hibs
He couldn't miss, you're right but he had to be there to score it, he was quicker than our defenders.

This isn't a Lukaku comparison to Scotland. The statement is Lukaku in general, is fairly pish. Control and passing shocking.

Bristolhibby

No VAR.

This some do, some don’t is annoying. We are all used to it now. Should be in place for all qualifiers.

J

HoboHarry
Not sure scoring against that defence suggests he's a great striker.
He's got 46 goals in 80 internationals so there must be a lot of crap defenses out there then.......

Zazu62
Johnny Russell is really bad eh

Hermit Crab
Scotland getting cut open every time Belgium go up the park.

Speedway
11-06-2019, 08:10 PM
If Belgium could finish, this would be a massacre.

CMac1988
De Bruyne looked a mile offside when the ball was played to him. Not that the Scotland haters on here will mind.

Bit much. De Bruyne was offside. People have already mentioned it. What more do you want?

Hermit Crab
He's got 46 goals in 80 internationals so there must be a lot of crap defenses out there then.......

:tee hee:

California-Hibs

Thought the same thing! Really want to see another replay now, looked way off!

Carheenlea
Mocking us with flicks and backheels - should have reciprocated the lack of respect and went right through one of them.

Bristolhibby
bit much. De bruyne was offside. People have already mentioned it. What more do you want?

var!

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 08:11 PM
Just hope Cyprus sneak a late draw in Russia.

Only 1-0 so far

Speedway
11-06-2019, 08:11 PM
Mocking us with flicks and backheels - should have reciprocated the lack of respect and went right through one of them.

Hazard preferably.

CMac1988
11-06-2019, 08:13 PM
var!

Good luck with that. No idea what the criteria is but should be used at every stadium at every stage of the competition.

Speedy
11-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Thought the same thing! Really want to see another replay now, looked way off!

Definitely off. Taylor still way too deep though.

Pretty Boy
11-06-2019, 08:14 PM
Just hope Cyprus sneak a late draw in Russia.

Only 1-0 so far

Embarrassing for Russia. They should be winning at least 8-0 if they were half decent, no way could Cyrpus actually be quite a tough team to break down.

Hermit Crab
11-06-2019, 08:16 PM
McKenna must play for Hearts, all he's done is hoof it up the park. Hopeless.

Sylar
11-06-2019, 08:17 PM

Was about to write just this.

He's awful. Absolutely awful.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 08:17 PM
What on Earth is going through Stewart Milne’s mind to think McKenna is worth just under £10M? Ludicrous!

Hibby70
11-06-2019, 08:19 PM
That drum is doing my tits.

Smartie
11-06-2019, 08:19 PM

Tin hat on, but Berra and Mulgrew at CH were as solid a pairing as I've seen play for Scotland for a while.

Berra has his limitations but he can hold a position and defend - neither of which I am convinced McKenna can do.

Hermit Crab
11-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Forrest in acres there and provides a pish final ball in.

Hiber-nation
11-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Kenny McLean has been outstanding. Miles ahead of any other Scotland player.

hfc rd
11-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Just when you think Belgium already had enough attacking talent on the park, they now introduce Dries Mertens....

CMac1988
11-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Right, with 15 minutes to go they've decided job done and we're starting to see some of the ball. Decent effort from Fraser.

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2019, 08:26 PM
wtf is McGregor doing

HoboHarry
11-06-2019, 08:27 PM
What on Earth is going through Stewart Milne’s mind to think McKenna is worth just under £10M? Ludicrous!
Didn't some club have a 6M bif for him rejected? I'd settle for $6 and a couple of pork pies to get rid of him.....

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Forrest in acres there and provides a pish final ball in.

he can't see the woods for the trees

HoboHarry
11-06-2019, 08:29 PM
he can't see the woods for the trees
I pine for more puns.....

Hermit Crab
Oh my god!!!! What a fcking miss!!!! Horrendous

CMac1988

hfc rd
FFS, you idiots!

How the hell did we not score that!

Sir David Gray
Scotland inexplicably miss a sitter on several chances.

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2019, 08:30 PM
burst the net forrest for the love of god man

California-Hibs
Oh my god!!!! What a fcking miss!!!! Horrendous

Settle down, you loved it.

Hermit Crab
Scotland desperately need an out and out striker.

One Day Soon
Just when you think Belgium already had enough attacking talent on the park, they now introduce Dries Mertens....

Wonderful player, I could watch him all day.

Bristolhibby
11-06-2019, 08:31 PM
Jesus Christ! It’s small margins in international football. That’s unforgivable.

Defence asleep for the first
Offside for the second
Burke snatches
Total cluster ****.

In some parallel dimension we are 0-2 up.

J

cabbageandribs1875
11-06-2019, 08:31 PM
I pine for more puns.....

Forrests a grand old team to play for

J-C
11-06-2019, 08:32 PM
****ing embarrassing 3 players with an open goal and still ****ed it up, no wonder we get bored with Scottish internationals

mjh
11-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Tin hat on, but Berra and Mulgrew at CH were as solid a pairing as I've seen play for Scotland for a while.

Berra has his limitations but he can hold a position and defend - neither of which I am convinced McKenna can do.

This

HoboHarry
11-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Thought I would pecan to see if you had replied.....

Joe6-2
11-06-2019, 08:34 PM
****ing embarrassing 3 players with an open goal and still ****ed it up, no wonder we get bored with Scottish internationals

Embarrassing, that’s the word!

Hibbyradge

Folk will be along shortly demanding that you leaf off the puns.

One Day Soon
I said I'd be happy if it wasn't more than 3-0 in all the circumstances. One way and another this could have been a great deal worse.

We're utter mince just now but with time maybe Clarke can shape us into something better. Somehow.

cabbageandribs1875
Thought I would pecan to see if you had replied.....

you're Nuts

oops, a pecan aint a nut after all :doh:

heretoday
11-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Scotland done OK. It could, and probably should, have been a lot worse.

Sir David Gray
3-0

HoboHarry
you're Nuts

Yew must be too for replying ....

One Day Soon
you're Nuts

It's not a nut?

Hermit Crab
11-06-2019, 08:37 PM
Some finish, Scotland are 5hite!

hfc rd
Superb strike by KDB

cabbageandribs1875
i truly despair

California-Hibs
Well, 3-0 for all the on lookers is respectable enough. Now the big one against Russia, must win that and with a full Hampden and players having competitive legs with the leagues all underway, I'm confident we can do it.

HoboHarry
11-06-2019, 08:38 PM
It's not a nut?
:agree: Yes it is, as well as being a species of wood ....

Hibbyradge
11-06-2019, 08:38 PM
It's not a nut?

It is.

California-Hibs
11-06-2019, 08:39 PM
i truly despair

Its Belgium away, bloody hell. Could be worse, we could be Wales who got beat against...Hungary!

Ronniekirk
Well, 3-0 for all the on lookers is respectable enough. Now the big one against Russia, must win that and with a full Hampden and players having competitive legs with the leagues all underway, I'm confident we can do it.

Have you been to a Scotland game recently No chance of a Full House

One Day Soon
It is.

That's what I thought. Why did he say it wasn't?

Bishop Hibee
Good finish from De Bruyne. Biggest disappointment over the Cyprus and Belgium games was Callum McGregor. Did nowt. Get Griffiths fit!

Hibbyradge
11-06-2019, 08:40 PM
Losing 3-0 away to the best team in the world is hardly a surprise.