PDA

View Full Version : Return of the crocks

147lothian
10-06-2019, 12:56 PM
When are we going to see Martin Boyle and Ryan Porteous back?

MWHIBBIES
10-06-2019, 12:59 PM
Probably when the season starts? Boyle was in training before season finished.

Calling them crocks is pretty poor, they both suffered really bad injuries.

superfurryhibby
10-06-2019, 01:02 PM

I agree, a bit shan really.

Porteous started running a month ago. Both should be fit for pre-season training.

easty
10-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Knew, as soon as I saw the thread title, there would be folk getting worked up about the word "crocks".

The internet is such a touchy place.

lyonhibs
10-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Knew, as soon as I saw the thread title, there would be folk getting worked up about the word "crocks".

It does rather imply they are Tim Clancy-esque repeated treatment room inhabitants who have contributed little to the team, which couldn't be further from the case, especially for Boyle.

It'll be like 2 new signings when they return from their respective serious injuries and I can't wait.

Northern Hibby
10-06-2019, 01:26 PM
Return of the Crocks
When are we going to see Martin Boyle and Ryan Porteous back?

I agree, a bit shan really.

Porteous started running a month ago. Both should be fit for pre-season training.

I think it was tongue on cheek :wink:

My_Wife_Camille
10-06-2019, 01:42 PM

So predictable isn't it!https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Bangkok Hibby
10-06-2019, 02:15 PM
It does rather imply they are Tim Clancy-esque repeated treatment room inhabitants who have contributed little to the team, which couldn't be further from the case, especially for Boyle.

It'll be like 2 new signings when they return from their respective serious injuries and I can't wait.

Didnt think it implied anything of the sort but there you are...opinions 😕

Agree, I'll be glad to see them back.

iwasthere1972
10-06-2019, 02:27 PM
So predictable isn't it!https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Could have been worse. At least he spelt it correctly.

SteveHFC
10-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Thought this was thread about hearts when I opened it.

HFC93
10-06-2019, 02:45 PM
Thought this was thread about hearts when I opened it.

I thought it was about shoes.

staunchhibby
10-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Boyle is ready and raring to go

scotia44
10-06-2019, 02:48 PM
I thought it was about shoes.

I just misread it :faint::shocked:

147lothian
10-06-2019, 02:53 PM

Lighten up a wee bit matey it doesn't imply anything, I also can't wait to see these two back both of whom are vital players in their own right

Keith_M
10-06-2019, 03:21 PM
People determined to take offense will see it everywhere.

So what if somebody described Porteous and Boyle as a couple of C0cks. Im sure theyv been called worse.

HoboHarry
10-06-2019, 03:30 PM
People determined to take offense will see it everywhere.

So what if somebody described Porteous and Boyle as a couple of C0cks. Im sure theyv been called worse.
Pretty sure you have too

:greengrin

superfurryhibby
10-06-2019, 03:44 PM

To be fair your response is one of the most predictable things about hibs.net.

No one is really taking offence are they?

Describing Boyle and Porteous as “crocks” is a bit shan. It does carry implications and if you post carelessly then you can expect to have that pointed out, fair enough?

hfc rd
10-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Looking forward to seeing them back in action. They were hugely missed towards the latter stages of the season as evidenced by our results in the split.

My only concern is that I really hope they are just as good as what they were before they picked up these nasty injuries. Reason being is take Alex Harris for e.g. - was terrific when he first broke through then got a terrible injury and was never the same player when he returned to the team. I just seriously hope the same doesn’t happen with both Boyle & Porteous.

matty_f
10-06-2019, 04:39 PM

**irony claxon**

tamig
10-06-2019, 04:47 PM

Describing Boyle and Porteous as “crocks” is a bit shan. It does carry implications and if you post carelessly then you can expect to have that pointed out, fair enough?

A bit shan - really? I remember not so long ago when it was a commonly used term to described long term injured players. Especially in the written press. Is it now banned in the digital age?

Keith_M
10-06-2019, 04:49 PM
Nobody's used the word "snowflake" yet

cabbageandribs1875
10-06-2019, 05:07 PM

Crocked, end of

p.s.

#snowflakes

superfurryhibby
10-06-2019, 05:47 PM

Crocked, end of

p.s.

#snowflakes

:aok:

It needed said, etc, etc.

cabbageandribs1875
10-06-2019, 05:51 PM
:aok:

It needed said, etc, etc.

:thumbsup:

superfurryhibby
10-06-2019, 05:54 PM
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crock

Some other definitions, including a worn out or decrepit horse or a person who is a sham.

Could we just settle for calling our injured players injured?

Keith_M
10-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Pretty sure you have too

:tsk tsk:

147lothian
10-06-2019, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=Keith_M;5809251]Nobody's used the word "snowflake" yet

:greengrin[/QUOTE
Nobody has mentioned chalk or the word blackboard either because these words also have implications for the pc brigade

Aldo
10-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Anyone know if we got any compensation from the Australian National Team following Boyle’s injury?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson
10-06-2019, 11:06 PM
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crock

Some other definitions, including a worn out or decrepit horse or a person who is a sham.

Could we just settle for calling our injured players injured?

No.

The sooner we get these decrepit horses back in the team the better.

HoboHarry
10-06-2019, 11:21 PM
:tsk tsk:
Snowflake

:wink:

Forza Fred
10-06-2019, 11:57 PM
Barry Crocker would like the description!

GreenLake
11-06-2019, 04:07 AM
Can't wait to see Boyle back in a Hibs jersey.

My_Wife_Camille
11-06-2019, 07:59 AM

**irony claxon**
These responses from these particular posters are even more predictable than the predictable post they are replying to about the predictable nature of Hibs.net. My irony meter is off the chart.

So predictable.

_hucks_
11-06-2019, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=Keith_M;5809251]Nobody's used the word "snowflake" yet

:greengrin[/QUOTE
Nobody has mentioned chalk or the word blackboard either because these words also have implications for the pc brigade

Complete strawman. Nobody has any problem with blackboard.

Keith_M
11-06-2019, 08:12 AM
These responses from these particular posters are even more predictable than the predictable post they are replying to about the predictable nature of Hibs.net. My irony meter is off the chart.

So predictable.

Damn predictive text!!!

My_Wife_Camille
11-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Damn predictive text!!!
I knew you'd say that

One Day Soon
11-06-2019, 09:21 AM
Bloody nazis.

superfurryhibby
11-06-2019, 10:16 AM

So predictable.

Ironically, I quite like some of your posts, but not the ones where you have to try too hard.

MWHIBBIES
11-06-2019, 10:19 AM
Ironically, I quite like some of your posts, but not the ones where you have to try too hard.

Which is about 90% of them.

Bangkok Hibby
11-06-2019, 10:36 AM
Bloody nazis.

Haha Godwin strikes 😂😂😂

One Day Soon
11-06-2019, 10:51 AM
Haha Godwin strikes 😂😂😂

I felt it was time.

WeeRussell
11-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Returning from injuries can go either way for players. Hopefully Ryan and Boyle are able to make quick starts and get at it straight away, with Boyle looking like his old dangerous self and Porteous resuming his progress as an important defender for us. Definitely a good couple of players to get back into the squad.

That's assuming they can get over being called a term used to describe injured players on hibs.net of course.

Keith_M
11-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Returning from injuries can go either way for players. Hopefully Ryan and Boyle are able to make quick starts and get at it straight away, with Boyle looking like his old dangerous self and Porteous resuming his progress as an important defender for us. Definitely a good couple of players to get back into the squad.

That's assuming they can get over being called a term used to describe injured players on hibs.net of course.

I think four weeks of intensive psychotherapy will do the trick.

blackpoolhibs
11-06-2019, 05:24 PM
Are they fit or will they have to be put down?

Wilson
11-06-2019, 05:39 PM
Are they fit or will they have to be put down?

They shoot horses don't they?