PDA

View Full Version : Feeling confident!

KDY Hibs
09-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Im feeling super confident for this season! Fancy top four with a cup run, in Hecky I trust.....

my left peg
09-06-2019, 09:18 PM
Im feeling super confident for this season! Fancy top four with a cup run, in Hecky I trust.....

Hope you are right mate!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2019, 01:02 AM
It all depends on how our new players fit in and if we can have a fully fit Boyle and Porteous available. Also its not certain yet that Omeonga or McNulty will be Hibs players next season, so we could well be looking for one or two new strikers if McNulty doesn't stay.

The chances are that Aberdeen and Killie might not be as strong as last season, so hopefully that will help.

Since452
10-06-2019, 05:27 AM
I think we'll be 3rd

Bangkok Hibby
10-06-2019, 07:05 AM
I think we'll be 3rd

I'm waiting to see the bookies handicap league prices. We're definitely on the up and could sneak that.

bigwheel
10-06-2019, 07:05 AM
I think we'll be 3rd

No idea of what our squad will be, relative to our competition...and not a ball kicked...the close season confidence is alive and well [emoji6][emoji3][emoji122]

Since452
10-06-2019, 07:09 AM
No idea of what our squad will be, relative to our competition...and not a ball kicked...the close season confidence is alive and well [emoji6][emoji3][emoji122]

Had to stop myself saying 2nd lol

Hermit Crab
10-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Im the same, really looking forward to next season.

KDY Hibs
10-06-2019, 07:55 AM
It all depends on how our new players fit in and if we can have a fully fit Boyle and Porteous available. Also its not certain yet that Omeonga or McNulty will be Hibs players next season, so we could well be looking for one or two new strikers if McNulty doesn't stay.

The chances are that Aberdeen and Killie might not be as strong as last season, so hopefully that will help.

A couple of variables, but as it stands now i think we're in a good place! As you mention, i also dont think killie and Aberdeen will be as strong and Hearts will just be as s@@t as last season only without the good start.

Hermit Crab
10-06-2019, 08:01 AM
A couple of variables, but as it stands now i think we're in a good place! As you mention, i also dont think killie and Aberdeen will be as strong and Hearts will just be as s@@t as last season only without the good start.

In fairness only really us and Aberdeen have shown serious intent by signing players early doors, theres plenty time for Hearts and Killy to sign players. Hearts will likely sign Naismith as well and while one player doesn't make a team he is most certainly a good player and will score goals and win them points.

See how the teams are after the the first round of games. Im still confident we will be up there at the right end though.

Hibernian32
10-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Hibs to win all 4 derby's was 12/1 last season

Could be feeling it this season

BegbieHSC
10-06-2019, 09:09 AM
It’s coming home

:flag:

Pretty Boy
10-06-2019, 10:01 AM
I don't know anything about the players we have signed with the exception of Allan but a guy who played regularly in the English Championship last year and who his former club wanted to keep suggests we have had to make a good offer to get him.

It looks a promising start to the window and it looks like we have made 3 good additions but there is still a lot of business to do. I'll hold off on predicting 3rd place and cup runs for now.

CMurdoch
10-06-2019, 10:26 AM
We desperately need to sign quality strikers and combative mobile midfielders.
These signings will dictate where we finish next season.
This is where we will be spending our money this summer.
So possibly 3 or 4 quality players still to come in as well as a new shirt sponsor.

The 90+2
10-06-2019, 10:30 AM
Far too early to predict anything just now.

Tug Wilson
10-06-2019, 10:46 AM
At the end of the season I think that it was apparent that we needed to bring in at least

1 Goalkeeper
2 Central Midfielders (1 a definite Defensive Holding type)
2 Strikers

So far we have sign a Centre Half and a Winger (although the suggestion seems to be that Hecky wants to play him through the middle).

Too early to be getting too excited about next season.

However, what I do like is that every player brought in (including Scott Allan) has spoken about how Hecky knows exactly how he wants the team to play and what he wants from each player coming in.

Fully expect to see a few more players come in and suspect they will be here in the next couple of weeks. Although I think that we will have to wait a bit longer for any deals on McNulty and/or Omeonga.

Oscar T Grouch
10-06-2019, 11:14 AM
I'm so confident about next season I went out and got myself an away season ticket!! :flag::flag::flag:

Sammy7nil
10-06-2019, 11:41 AM

Ha ha no wonder there are no poor bookies when was the last time Hibs won 3 never mind 4 Derbies. Also both teams have to make the top 6 to play 4 Derbies.

The real price is a very Conservative 35/1

Save yer cash and if you must bet them do it on the on the day rolling up the winnings each game. The match prices for a Hibs win are likely to be around 10/11 - 11/8 for the home games and for the away games 2/1 - 3/1 dependent on how each team is perfoming.

bigwheel
10-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Had to stop myself saying 2nd lol

[emoji23] A few 5 goal wins preseason you’ll have us winning it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

Iain G
10-06-2019, 12:31 PM

You are assuming Hearts will finish top six then? :-)

Since452
10-06-2019, 01:35 PM
[emoji23] A few 5 goal wins preseason you’ll have us winning it [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]

I think we'll only take 3 or 4 off Newcastle.

Northern Hibby
10-06-2019, 01:42 PM

I say the same every Year, May/June normally I'm like "that's it I'm done with Hibs" then it builds again until I'm a slavering wreck by the time we kick off again :greengrin

Keith_M
10-06-2019, 03:23 PM
Im feeling super confident for this season! .

Don't worry, it won't last.

KDY Hibs
10-06-2019, 04:01 PM
Don't worry, it won't last.

I`m not worried mate, Life`s too short! :wink: