PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen wrapping

H18 SFR
09-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Moved house recently, I'm in Ayrshire, can't get a kitchen wrapper for love nor money, they don't get back to me, haven't turned up for the quotes, too busy, blah blah blah!

Seriously considering going on a wrapping course to get set up with a wee side earner, anyone any experience of doing it? Know anyone who does it? Any advice welcome.

grunt
09-06-2019, 11:30 AM
What are you talking about?

Edit - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was my 3000th post. A landmark, one might say.

H18 SFR
09-06-2019, 01:00 PM
What are you talking about?

Edit - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was my 3000th post. A landmark, one might say.

Sorry, vinyl wrapping kitchens to give it a new look,colour etc.

Hibby70
09-06-2019, 01:17 PM
I can't put a mobile phone screen protector on without having bubbles so don't look at me for advice.

heretoday
09-06-2019, 08:20 PM
Ask B&Q vinyl kitchen wrapping department. They might have some pointers.

grunt
09-06-2019, 10:12 PM
I had no idea this was a thing. I live a sheltered life.

Alfiembra
11-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Hadn't heard of this either, although have you seen the thin replacement granite worktops that you can fit over your existing wooden worktops. There's sometimes a pop up shop i the middle of the Gyle displaying the stuff.

beensaidbefore
11-06-2019, 09:27 PM
Moved house recently, I'm in Ayrshire, can't get a kitchen wrapper for love nor money, they don't get back to me, haven't turned up for the quotes, too busy, blah blah blah!

Seriously considering going on a wrapping course to get set up with a wee side earner, anyone any experience of doing it? Know anyone who does it? Any advice welcome.

Could you order the stuff and do it yourself? Even if you order a bit more for mistakes, it will most likely be cheaper than getting someone to do it. I have seen it done and its not really that difficult provided you take your time and get the right stuff, a plastic wallpaper tool was what the guy i saw doing it used to use.

Mr_F
12-06-2019, 10:48 AM
https://www.wrapdirect.com/kitchen-wrapping-kits-includes-tools/

:aok: