PDA

View Full Version : Old Hibs programmes

H18 SFR
08-06-2019, 08:06 AM
I'm moving house at the end of the month and have thousands of old Hibs programmes and many others from Scotland/Scottish Cup Finals and FA cup finals. Where's the best place to sell these and are there any more sought after?

Bobo
08-06-2019, 08:38 AM
I'm moving house at the end of the month and have thousands of old Hibs programmes and many others from Scotland/Scottish Cup Finals and FA cup finals. Where's the best place to sell these and are there any more sought after?

http://www.almondvaleprogrammes.co.uk/

Brian might be able to help you out, anything pre 60's will be more sought after, have a look at his website for an idea on relative prices.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2019, 09:02 AM
HIBS v Rangers SC Final £50 on eBay

EHZERO7
08-06-2019, 09:53 AM
If you sell to a Programme Dealer, you more often or not get peanuts. If you have time sort them into perhaps seasons and put a rough price on what you are looking for and try either ebay or facebook programme pages.

Also the condition they are in will come into it

CMurdoch
08-06-2019, 10:23 PM
If you sell to a Programme Dealer, you more often or not get peanuts. If you have time sort them into perhaps seasons and put a rough price on what you are looking for and try either ebay or facebook programme pages.

That is good advice.

lord bunberry
08-06-2019, 10:29 PM
HIBS v Rangers SC Final £50 on eBay
Is it? I’ve got mine signed by Sir David, but i will be buried with it.

Itsnoteasy
09-06-2019, 06:01 AM

Yes you will get peanuts. I took a bundle of Football Scot mags to him. He offered me £1 each, then I found out they are worth at least £4 each. I had 60 of them.

southsider
09-06-2019, 06:49 AM
Yes you will get peanuts. I took a bundle of Football Scot mags to him. He offered me £1 each, then I found out they are worth at least £4 each. I had 60 of them.

Where can I get £4 each. I would take £2.50 each if I could get it. I have thousands in my mums loft mostly Hibs from 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.

hibeg
09-06-2019, 07:22 AM
Where can I get £4 each. I would take £2.50 each if I could get it. I have thousands in my mums loft mostly Hibs from 60’s, 70’s and 80’s.

He was talking about Football Scot magazines, not Hibs programmes. Most programmes from 60s to 80s are worth a lot less than £2.50

southsider
09-06-2019, 07:25 AM
Ah ok cheers.

Sweet Left Peg
09-06-2019, 08:24 AM
If anyone has the program from 13th September 1986, at home Vs St Mirren, or the one from 13th August 1991 at home to St Johnstone, I will buy either.

EHZERO7
09-06-2019, 09:05 AM

To be fair to him, he has to find a buyer. Not defending him but they are only worth that figure if someone see's and wants them.

I totally agree though that I think you could get a lot more than £1 each as I have seen a good few on ebay that I would like to relive my childhood and buy but were a wee bit too dear for me.

RoxburghHibs
09-06-2019, 09:34 AM
If anyone has the program from 13th September 1986, at home Vs St Mirren, or the one from 13th August 1991 at home to St Johnstone, I will buy either.

I have both these. Is there a reason you want these or just looking to complete a collection? If you PM me your address I will post you them both later in the week.

Itsnoteasy
09-06-2019, 01:29 PM
To be fair to him, he has to find a buyer. Not defending him but they are only worth that figure if someone see's and wants them.

I totally agree though that I think you could get a lot more than £1 each as I have seen a good few on ebay that I would like to relive my childhood and buy but were a wee bit too dear for me.

You are spot on. Memorabilia is only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I have the whole set bar 2 & worth well more than £60

sauzee6_2
09-06-2019, 08:54 PM
Does anyone know the really valuable programmes? I have hundreds ranging back decades.

scoopyboy
09-06-2019, 09:29 PM
Does anyone know the really valuable programmes? I have hundreds ranging back decades.

It can vary. I've been selling a few on ebay and sometimes I get a fair bit for some but others I hoped to sell haven't moved.

Best one for me at the moment is Hibs v Everton from 1962, it's sitting at £67.07 with a few days left.

MSK
09-06-2019, 10:49 PM
It can vary. I've been selling a few on ebay and sometimes I get a fair bit for some but others I hoped to sell haven't moved.

Best one for me at the moment is Hibs v Everton from 1962, it's sitting at £67.07 with a few days left.Do you have the hibs v rangers cup final going spare scoops ? Cant pay silly money though

scoopyboy
10-06-2019, 06:58 AM
Do you have the hibs v rangers cup final going spare scoops ? Cant pay silly money though

There are three on eBay at the moment all fixed price, cheapest £45 and dearest £50.

The £50 is mint condition with copies of all seven team sheets.

Auction ones come up frequently and usually go for around £30

MSK
10-06-2019, 07:38 AM
There are three on eBay at the moment all fixed price, cheapest £45 and dearest £50.

Auction ones come up frequently and usually go for around £30Cheers mate, Fathers Day is just around the corner, will speak nicely to my Daughters 😆🇳🇬

hibeg
10-06-2019, 09:06 AM
There is a collectors forum on Hibs.net. You could ask the question there and I’m sure people will give their opinions. :thumbsup:

Generally the 55/6 European homes plus Barcelona postponed are valuable. Also most pre 1958 friendlies fetch decent prices on eBay. If you have any pre 1949/50 homes then you could be pleasantly surprised at the amounts they go for

Iggy Pope
10-06-2019, 11:37 AM
There is a collectors forum on Hibs.net. You could ask the question there and I’m sure people will give their opinions. :thumbsup:

Generally the 55/6 European homes plus Barcelona postponed are valuable. Also most pre 1958 friendlies fetch decent prices on eBay. If you have any pre 1949/50 homes then you could be pleasantly surprised at the amounts they go for

Collectors corner could sure use the posts!

Anyone with a going copy of the Newcastle friendly in 56/57 I’d like to hear from.

.Sean.
10-06-2019, 05:23 PM

Auction ones come up frequently and usually go for around £30
I’ve got mine signed by the team. Should really have had it framed by now!

Sweet Left Peg
10-06-2019, 07:00 PM
I have both these. Is there a reason you want these or just looking to complete a collection? If you PM me your address I will post you them both later in the week.

I have tried to send a couple of PMs but nothing is listed in my sent box. Did you get either of them?

RoxburghHibs
10-06-2019, 07:40 PM
I have tried to send a couple of PMs but nothing is listed in my sent box. Did you get either of them?

I haven't received any PMs from you which is odd.

Sweet Left Peg
10-06-2019, 08:23 PM
I haven't received any PMs from you which is odd.

Ok. Basically, the St Mirren game was my first game and I'd like to put that program with my son's, which we went to together. The St Johnstone game was the last one I went to with my dad before he died. I'll gladly give you a few quid for the programs.

RoxburghHibs
10-06-2019, 08:24 PM
You can have them both for free if you can send me your address?

BoomtownHibees
10-06-2019, 08:51 PM
Does anyone know if Third Dimension Framing are still on the go? I’ve got a 0-7 programme I want framed but I’ve emailed, phoned, tweeted them and sent a PM on Facebook. I got one reply to my first email weeks ago and then nothing since

Sweet Left Peg
15-06-2019, 10:40 AM
You can have them both for free if you can send me your address?

Got them. Thanks very much, Mr F Sauzee is really chuffed. Although Mrs SLP asked "Who's this guy, F Suzy???" Nice one RH.

Centre Hawf
15-06-2019, 04:50 PM
I've been searching for a while for a copy of our replay win against Inverness from the Cup run. That and the Hearts away and Raith away games. Anyone know if they're kicking about?

Saturday Boy
15-06-2019, 05:34 PM
I've been searching for a while for a copy of our replay win against Inverness from the Cup run. That and the Hearts away and Raith away games. Anyone know if they're kicking about?

Inverness away is probably the most difficult and expensive programme from the cup run.

Midweek game and not many printed.

budgiemcb
15-06-2019, 05:34 PM

Inverness will be a tough one to get mate. Rarely come up and when they do it’s silly money that they usually go for.

Centre Hawf
15-06-2019, 05:55 PM
Inverness will be a tough one to get mate. Rarely come up and when they do it’s silly money that they usually go for.

I thought as much. Was there that night and had one but not a clue what I had done with it.

Iggy Pope
15-06-2019, 06:52 PM

They’re all the hardest friend with good reason. You’ll need to be diligent in your search.

tanfield
15-06-2019, 07:58 PM
I had to register on the ICT fans forum and plead for a copy. Managed to get lucky!

Always worth trying although I dont think I was anywhere like the first Hibs fan to try...

hibby6270
15-06-2019, 09:42 PM

There are a couple of Hearts away programmes on eBay just now. Both BIN. One at £25 free postage. The other at £30 plus £3 postage.

As has already been said, the other 2 are difficult to come by. Last time I saw an ICT away on eBay it went for over £100.

Since452
15-06-2019, 10:29 PM
I've got loads from the 80's my old man gave me. When I was a laddie in the 90's i used to collect newspaper pullouts and clippings of Hibs stuff. Got hundreds of them. Then i grew up, lost my virginity and the rest is history. Still dig them out from time to time after a few drams though 😉

RoxburghHibs
15-06-2019, 11:06 PM
Got them. Thanks very much, Mr F Sauzee is really chuffed. Although Mrs SLP asked "Who's this guy, F Suzy???" Nice one RH.

I posted before I got you name :greengrin

Glad you will get some enjoyment out of them.

Brooster
16-06-2019, 07:08 AM

ICT is the rarest programme of the cup run. Rarely comes up and when it does it attracts £75 at least. Raith is rare too. Hertz away comes up fairly regularly for £30-40ish. The final you will get for £50ish. The semi final is rare too as not many were printed. You will be very lucky to pick the whole set up for anything less than £300. You really just need to keep looking on auction sites and programme sites.

RoxburghHibs
16-06-2019, 07:18 AM
ICT is the rarest programme of the cup run. Rarely comes up and when it does it attracts £75 at least. Raith is rare too. Hertz away comes up fairly regularly for £30-40ish. The final you will get for £50ish. The semi final is rare too as not many were printed. You will be very lucky to pick the whole set up for anything less than £300. You really just need to keep looking on auction sites and programme sites.

Good to know. When I got home, the night after that day in May, I drunkenly went online and purchased all the programmes from the run (including replays). Most were face value at the time and I had a feeling they would be hard to come by soon enough.

Out of interest is it the home or away ICT programme that’s rare?

MSK
16-06-2019, 07:20 AM
ICT is the rarest programme of the cup run. Rarely comes up and when it does it attracts £75 at least. Raith is rare too. Hertz away comes up fairly regularly for £30-40ish. The final you will get for £50ish. The semi final is rare too as not many were printed. You will be very lucky to pick the whole set up for anything less than £300. You really just need to keep looking on auction sites and programme sites.Its a bloody expensive business 😲 thanks to Scoopyboy further up on the thread for the heads up with regards the cup final v rangers programme, I hinted to my Daughters that one was available on ebay, Im eagerly awaiting my Daughters visiting me today, they will be disowned if they walk in empty handed 🇳🇬🤬🇳🇬

Brooster
16-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Good to know. When I got home, the night after that day in May, I drunkenly went online and purchased all the programmes from the run (including replays). Most were face value at the time and I had a feeling they would be hard to come by soon enough.

That's a tremendous piece of foresight Roxburgh. The programme shop on Albion Road does ICT home for £10 which is a good price, the Hertz one will be harder to come by, maybe £30. In season 15/16 Hibs were printing and selling 900 programmes per game.

hibby6270
16-06-2019, 12:04 PM
Similar to RoxburghHibs, a few days after the final, I managed to buy the ICT away programme direct for £2 (!!) from Curtis Sport who published the programme (coincidentally they did the Hibs progs that season as well).
Also, by sheer luck the Raith programme was on eBay for £2-99 BIN around the same time. Couldn’t believe it!!
To counter those “savings”, I did pay a bit more for the semi and final programmes after the event but well worth it to know I have the full set.:greengrin

Centre Hawf
16-06-2019, 02:56 PM

I thought as much. I've thankfully got the Final (although I had 2 and 1 got lost again on the way home) and Semi-Finals as well as multiple copies of the Hearts and Inverness home games. I didn't think to buy a Raith Rovers one that day for some reason, and as said before Inverness one got lost in the commotion of the trip back.

I managed to order multiple copies of the home games from our supplier as well after the games. Worth it.

MSK
16-06-2019, 04:37 PM

Auction ones come up frequently and usually go for around £30Daughter got it for me mate £50, thanks for the heads up 👍

Only problem, it was delivered to her work, and she isnt due back until Tuesday, will get my hands on that bloody programme yet 🤬😆

tonyrougier123
17-06-2019, 06:05 AM
Ive got a pat stanton hand signed scotland debut and pat stanton hand signed testimonial programs any1 sure wat they might go for?feel like they should be on show and ive just got them stored away.

Barman Stanton
17-06-2019, 06:33 AM
Ive got a pat stanton hand signed scotland debut and pat stanton hand signed testimonial programs any1 sure wat they might go for?feel like they should be on show and ive just got them stored away.

You might want to check the testimonial program as it is printed with Pats autograph on the front. If it has 2 signatures it will be real though.

tonyrougier123
17-06-2019, 08:38 AM
You might want to check the testimonial program as it is printed with Pats autograph on the front. If it has 2 signatures it will be real though.
I will need to check that cheers bud 👍