PDA

View Full Version : Hibbys on holiday

Garymcl
07-06-2019, 03:22 PM
Off on holiday to Turkey tomorrow will be taken the usual hibs holiday gear ie beach towels a couple of nice flags ( one for the balcony and one for the local sports boozer for my good friend to put on display in his pub ) will be taking a photo or two just interested about the travels of fellow hibbys this summer :thumbsup:spread the word of the hibby family around the world :flag:

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2019, 03:27 PM
You hang a Hibs flag on your balcony when you go on holiday! Out of interest how old are you?

DC_Hibs
07-06-2019, 03:28 PM
Off on holiday to Turkey tomorrow will be taken the usual hibs holiday gear ie beach towels a couple of nice flags ( one for the balcony and one for the local sports boozer for my good friend to put on display in his pub ) will be taking a photo or two just interested about the travels of fellow hibbys this summer :thumbsup:spread the word of the hibby family around the world :flag:

Thailand, nae Hibs gear but defo spreading some Hibee love.
Later.

NthCarolinaHibs
07-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Just why would you take a Hibs flag to hang on ...ach, nevermind...🙄

SouthMoroccoStu
07-06-2019, 03:47 PM
You hang a Hibs flag on your balcony when you go on holiday! Out of interest how old are you?

Is there an age limit to being a passionate Hibs fan now?

sixtwo
07-06-2019, 03:53 PM
Going to Malta. Might swap a Hibernian shirt for a Hibernians one when I’m over there!

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2019, 03:57 PM
Is there an age limit to being a passionate Hibs fan now?

Not that I am aware of.

There is however an age when folk think they are past doing certain things.

JDT
07-06-2019, 03:59 PM
I'm on holiday in Salou at the minute, going to wear my strip to portaventura. Maximum exposure!

HoboHarry
07-06-2019, 04:00 PM
You really won't like what he wipes his erchie with then.....22124

Scouse Hibee
07-06-2019, 04:02 PM
You really won't like what he wipes his erchie with then.....22124

That’s wallpaper for model houses.

Here’s Lucy!
07-06-2019, 04:53 PM

The flag for the sports bar is great, but the one for the balcony???

:confused:

Please say you don't walk about on holiday in a football strip?

The 90+2
07-06-2019, 04:59 PM

Yes how dare he/she decide to wear whatever they would like. Shocking patter.

sauzee=legend
07-06-2019, 05:35 PM
Walking around Tenerife in the hibs shorts... had a few funny looks from THE rangers fans.
By the time I’ve walked past and keep looking - they then get a nice view of the cup final tattoo on my back 😂

SteveHFC
07-06-2019, 05:38 PM
I'm on holiday in Salou at the minute, going to wear my strip to portaventura. Maximum exposure!

Full Kit ****er. ;-)

Albanian Hibs
07-06-2019, 05:39 PM

I will be wearing my hibs top with pride when I go to Florida in 2 weeks. What's your problem?

cabbageandribs1875
07-06-2019, 05:43 PM
mon the photos of the hibees on their travels to near and far exotic destinations :flag:

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2019, 06:07 PM
Going to Malta. Might swap a Hibernian shirt for a Hibernians one when I’m over there!

Big Malta HIBS supporters social club oot there

Didnae go in just past on the Hop on Hop off bus

Didnae have ma HIBS toap with me 😁

Here’s Lucy!
07-06-2019, 06:13 PM
I will be wearing my hibs top with pride when I go to Florida in 2 weeks. What's your problem?

No problem and no offence intended.

I just feel that football tops/strips are for playing football in or for wee boys.

Kojock
07-06-2019, 06:21 PM

I just feel that football tops/strips are for playing football in or for wee boys.

Ooof that's sexist wee girls wear Hibs tops as well

matty_f
07-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Folk can wear what they want, imho.

Always like to see a Hibs strip when I'm away somewhere.

The 90+2
07-06-2019, 06:32 PM
I personally love it when I’m on holiday and I see a stranger with a Hibs top. It’s usually all hun tops or 6 days unwashed Celtic tops with the occasional jambo top thrown in.

I wish we didn’t have to go to Seton Sands every year right enough 😩

Since90+2
07-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Folk commenting on what people wear abroad. Get a grip. Sad as ****.

The 90+2
07-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Who mentioned abroad? Show off 😏

Jay
07-06-2019, 06:49 PM

Im just back . Saw one hibs strip and a handful of celtic and rangers ones when i was there

Viva_Palmeiras
07-06-2019, 06:59 PM
Once bumped into a Hibee in Priaha do Forte, near Salvador in Brazil. Was pleased to inform him that Konte had helped us qualify for Europe... A triple surprise...

HibeeLR
07-06-2019, 07:08 PM
Not necessarily a holiday, but I've been living in Prague for the past 5 months and occasionally stick a hibs top on and wander around the town centre. Feels good representating the hibs abroad 👍

MSK
07-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Folk can wear what they want, imho.

Always like to see a Hibs strip when I'm away somewhere.Likewise, didnt take long for the easily offended brigade to hit the thread, poor wee snowflakes 😆

O'Rourke3
07-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Once bumped into a Hibee in Priaha do Forte, near Salvador in Brazil. Was pleased to inform him that Konte had helped us qualify for Europe... A triple surprise...Ran into a guy in Hibs top in the very narrow passages of the Great Pyramid of Giza. No space to stop and chat but one of my greatest holiday moments.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

weecounty hibby
07-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Wouldn't wear a strip myself I leave that to my son. I prefer something more subtle like a t-shirt or shorts. But I do really enjoy seeing Hibbies on holiday wearing tops.

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-06-2019, 07:20 PM
I was in Turkey just last week

Saw a fella sitting by the pool bar one evening with his family and he and his son had this season's away top on. By the time I'd got my drinks in and went over to chat, he was gone

Always great to see our colours abroad

MSK
07-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Been in Menorca for a week now and other than my hibs towel I have only seen one other football related item, a wee laddie at the harbour wearing a the rangers top, keep Menorca clean 😆

Bostonhibby
07-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Not my personal choice of holiday wear for sure, but the September after the 2012 cup final we encountered a maroon baloon and his sizeable good lady on the local train from Sorrento to Vesuvius.

Resplendent in ill fitting wonga tops and hearts hat I was forced by the wife to enjoy their bad taste but say nothing, it was hard.

We made our way independently of the tours to the top to enjoy the volcanic clouds at the top. Imagine our disappointment when at the highest point the wonga top was already ahead of us and posing for a photo.

It was only slightly offset by him slipping backwards through the fence and sliding down the shingle after the photoshoot finished [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Fergos
07-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Love bumping into Hibees when away. Always pack Hibs polo shirt and have met fellow Hibernians or got chatting to locals to spread the word. Met 2 Italian lads in Rome who had been to ER when working at Valvonas and studying, saw my polo and got speaking for ages, top people who had a soft spot for the Hibs and were up to speed with how we were fairing. Bumped into Hibees in the Canaries couple of years back, several renditions of SOL over a fair few nights were had and a Hibs T-shirt left for the barman who tolerated us!

GGTTH

bigwheel
07-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Was once (10+) years ago in Cuba. In quite a remote hotel. Sitting on one of their Pcs browsing on .Net...

Guy next to me was doing the exact same !

HappyAsHellas
07-06-2019, 08:18 PM
Never wear a strip anywhere, but don't mind a t shirt. Hibs in Heraklion, Crete at the players entrance for ΟΦΗ.

hibbie02
07-06-2019, 08:21 PM
Featuring my Hibernian towel in St Lucia. No one has a scoob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hibbie02
07-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Ran into a guy in Hibs top in the very narrow passages of the Great Pyramid of Giza. No space to stop and chat but one of my greatest holiday moments.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

I wore a London Hibs t-shirt at the top of the pyramid at Chitzen Itza many years ago. A like minded gentleman gave me a knowing nod. Also noticed by a soor faced hun in team shirt and Union Jack shorts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JDT
07-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Im just back . Saw one hibs strip and a handful of celtic and rangers ones when i was there

Haven't seen anything apart from rangers so far. Everytime time it's been the orange or sash strip, not that's it's a massive surprise though

delaCalz
07-06-2019, 08:35 PM
Wore my Hibs top in Seattle last year. A guy starts singing for its a grand old team to play for....was a Hibs season ticket holder, got to meet him and his family and he met mine. Great and easy way to meet people!

O'Rourke3
07-06-2019, 08:39 PM
I wore a London Hibs t-shirt at the top of the pyramid at Chitzen Itza many years ago. A like minded gentleman gave me a knowing nod. Also noticed by a soor faced hun in team shirt and Union Jack shorts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProSoor faced, excellent

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

JeMeSouviens
07-06-2019, 08:42 PM
I remember being at the top of the sagrada familia in Barcelona. Up the stairs behind us comes 2 Huns in full kit. I’m wondering at this point if they know what this building is for? :wink:

Also took the kids to Portaventura that week and spotted full family of Huns, Ma, Pa and weans all in full kilt including socks. A healthy looking bunch and no mistake!

Jay
07-06-2019, 08:53 PM
Haven't seen anything apart from rangers so far. Everytime time it's been the orange or sash strip, not that's it's a massive surprise though

Got chatting to a young guy who works in one of the pubs in Salou, hes from Paisley. He was saying he got his car broken into and they took his old football boots and shinpads, snowboarding boots, loose change and chewing gum (i think) . He said he didnt know whether to be delighted or gutted that they had taken his brand new rangers top out of its plastic bag then made the decision not to steal it too:greengrin

The Pointer
07-06-2019, 08:57 PM
I think it's a bit naff older guys wearing strips but polos and t-shirts are ok. I usually take a couple of the latter and wore one the other week when out cycling in Turkey.

I was there for the anniversy of the Cup Final and had s toast with our host who's a Galatasaray fan. I took an HMS Argyll rugby strip (cotton and cool) which is a lovely dark green with white sleeves.

07-06-2019, 09:08 PM

We are all still wee boys at heart.

EI255
07-06-2019, 09:28 PM
Always have my Hibs towel for the pool on holiday. Always pack Hibs shorts too. Coupled with my Hibs tattoos and others, it's always sweet getting the double-take from The Rangers fans abroad [emoji16]

oooooh the seeeethe [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

EI255
07-06-2019, 09:29 PM
Ran into a guy in Hibs top in the very narrow passages of the Great Pyramid of Giza. No space to stop and chat but one of my greatest holiday moments.

Sent from my F8331 using TapatalkClass!

EI255
07-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Been in Menorca for a week now and other than my hibs towel I have only seen one other football related item, a wee laddie at the harbour wearing a the rangers top, keep Menorca clean [emoji38]Smelly Hun-fud

Here’s Lucy!
07-06-2019, 09:31 PM
Ooof that's sexist wee girls wear Hibs tops as well

You know what I meant!

Aye, sad.

Here’s Lucy!
07-06-2019, 09:34 PM
We are all still wee boys at heart.

Would rather you hadn’t used the word ‘heart’ in a fun thread. It’ll only spoil it. :greengrin:greengrin

MSK
07-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Always have my Hibs towel for the pool on holiday. Always pack Hibs shorts too. Coupled with my Hibs tattoos and others, it's always sweet getting the double-take from The Rangers fans abroad [emoji16]

oooooh the seeeethe [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-H840 using TapatalkIm hibs and Scotland tattooed to the hilt, I wont be missed 🇳🇬

Alex Trager
07-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Not my personal choice of holiday wear for sure, but the September after the 2012 cup final we encountered a maroon baloon and his sizeable good lady on the local train from Sorrento to Vesuvius.

Resplendent in ill fitting wonga tops and hearts hat I was forced by the wife to enjoy their bad taste but say nothing, it was hard.

We made our way independently of the tours to the top to enjoy the volcanic clouds at the top. Imagine our disappointment when at the highest point the wonga top was already ahead of us and posing for a photo.

It was only slightly offset by him slipping backwards through the fence and sliding down the shingle after the photoshoot finished [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Funny you should say that.
After that final I went euro-railing and in our Napoli hostel on the first morning I went upstairs to get scran and there was a boy in a retro hibs top.

It right cheered me up.

I wear my hibs tops abroad regularly. From the beaches of Varadero in Cuba (I wore this years away top here because I seen a tim and it annoyed me) to the bridge over the river Kwai.

I’ve never had a convo about it yet. I will continue to wear my tops abroad.

The 90+2
07-06-2019, 10:00 PM
You know what I meant!

Aye, sad.

Why’s it sad? Out of interest?

Just Alf
07-06-2019, 10:30 PM
Love seeing someone in a hibs top when in foriegn climes.... Met someone who is now a good mate that way, while I prefer "authentic" local pubs I quite like the occasional sports type bar especially if they've got flags from Scottish clubs..... The balcony though... Oh.... Biggest laugh last year was a Yam doing the balcony flag... Was a talking point I guess, met guys from all over, tic, gers, Aberdeen, dunfermline etc etc and as soon as anyone realised each other was from Scotland the 1st question was are you THE jambo?

Good Times.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
07-06-2019, 10:33 PM
Not that I am aware of.

There is however an age when folk think they are past doing certain things.

Well I’m 68 and I thoroughly approve of hanging a Hibs flagfrom your holiday hotel’s balcony.

Why not?

we are hibs
08-06-2019, 06:53 AM
Don't think I've worn a hibs top out and about since I was 16. I'll occasionally wear one to fives but that's the only time

Ringothedog
08-06-2019, 07:08 AM
Don't think I've worn a hibs top out and about since I was 16. I'll occasionally wear one to fives but that's the only time

I am too old for fives, so wear my Hibs top on holiday

Bristolhibby
08-06-2019, 07:15 AM
Never wear a strip anywhere, but don't mind a t shirt. Hibs in Heraklion, Crete at the players entrance for ΟΦΗ.

Likewise. I always chuck one in the bag, for schleping round the pool. I generally gong them too hot to wear on holiday walking about. Was in Florida in August last year and a nylon top would have been torture in the heat.

J

Bristolhibby
08-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Well I’m 68 and I thoroughly approve of hanging a Hibs flagfrom your holiday hotel’s balcony.

Why not?

I have a Hibs towel. I hang that from the balcony. Kills two hirds with one stone. Flys the “flag” and dries my towel off for the next day.

J

Hermit Crab
08-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Imo the waring of football tops by adults, especially on holiday should be banned unless your team is playing.

coco mc
08-06-2019, 07:17 AM
Was me lol

Was once (10+) years ago in Cuba. In quite a remote hotel. Sitting on one of their Pcs browsing on .Net...

Guy next to me was doing the exact same !

Forza Fred
08-06-2019, 07:19 AM
Retired so on a permanent holiday.

Have a large collection of HIbs strips and most days I am in my Sydney suburban front garden with one of them on.

No doubt some people driving the cars that pass every day, only register the green and white and not the subtle differences in the various strips,, ..and probably think I'm wearing the same one day in, day out!

Eaststand
08-06-2019, 07:26 AM
I am too old for fives, so wear my Hibs top on holiday

I'm too old for fives and holidays so I wear my top around the old folks home :-)

*That's a lie, I don't own a top and don't live in an old folks home........yet

GGTTH

Ringothedog
08-06-2019, 07:31 AM
Imo the waring of football tops by adults, especially on holiday should be banned unless your team is playing.

Out of curiosity can I ask why?

Hermit Crab
08-06-2019, 07:33 AM
Out of curiosity can I ask why?

I personally find it a tad cringey and have found it can attract trouble if your with groups of lads abroad and happen to bump into a group of undesirables. Leave the wearing of football tops to the kids.

southsider
08-06-2019, 07:36 AM
Not a strip but was wearing my Cup winning T-Shirt in Southern Spa[n when a fellow fan came over to my wife and i, introduced himself (hi Ray) told us that he lived nearby. We had a few drinks and a spot of lunch. He then asked would we care to go out on his boat, which is called The Persevere. Our schedules did not tie up but we have kept in touch and next time we will take him up on his kind offer. So, always wear those colours with pride.

Ringothedog
08-06-2019, 07:38 AM
I personally find it a tad cringey and have found it can attract trouble if your with groups of lads abroad and happen to bump into a group of undesirables. Leave the wearing of football tops to the kids.

I suppose it depends where you go on holiday, I will wear mine with pride today in Berlin.

bigwheel
08-06-2019, 07:44 AM
Was me lol

[emoji2][emoji119]. Hello again !

Allant1981
08-06-2019, 07:56 AM
If people want to wear football tops or hang flags/towels then fire in. Personally dont own a strip as I hate the material but always take my hibs towel wherever I go

bigwheel
08-06-2019, 08:31 AM
I’m a bit double standard on this stuff...don’t wear a Hibs top , haven’t done since about 14 years old...not my thing

However, always like to see people in Hibs gear around the world ....

Keith_M
08-06-2019, 08:44 AM
It's confirmed, I will actually be going on holiday to The Harz (the Hearts!)

Oh the shame of it

MKHIBEE
08-06-2019, 08:44 AM
I don't normally wear a top unless I'm going to a match but in Uganda I wore a top regularly and was filmed to be broadcast on national TV. There are now a few in Kampala who have Hibs tops

oldbutdim
08-06-2019, 09:56 AM
I’ve enough assorted Hibs t shirts (one strip) to ensure that I am suitably and differently attired every day on holiday.
Meant a few ‘looks’ from some over the years, and approval from others - including a ‘Hi Hibby’ from a Chinese bloke passing in Hong Kong.
The missus used to frown on it a bit, but once I hit my sixties she seemed to relax and even looks them all out for me prior to holiday packing.
I quite like to see other strips on holiday too, apart from the usual suspects and others that I deem to be glory hunters.

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2019, 10:28 AM
A football top is a fine garment for holidays, if you wear it for breakfast, you can then wear it in the pool, and if theres any breakfast residue dropped on it you then can dry it on your sun bed, and its ready then for going out at night.

I take 2 with me if i'm away for a fortnight, it leaves plenty of space in the suitcase for Donkeys and sombreros i always bring back.

Scouse Hibee
08-06-2019, 11:02 AM

Why not?

It’s not something me or the hotel approves of , that’s why not.

tamig
08-06-2019, 11:09 AM
It’s not something me or the hotel approves of , that’s why not.

Is it a sunshine holiday hotel you’re in though?

Here’s Lucy!
08-06-2019, 11:22 AM

Aye, sad.[/QUOTE]

Why’s it sad? Out of interest?

I was being sarcastic in response to the poster who said it was ‘sad as ****’ to comment on what folk wear abroad.

I don’t see how it’s ‘sad’ to make a remark on an opinion based football forum.

I also don’t need to ‘get a grip’.

Hibrandenburg
08-06-2019, 11:53 AM
I suppose it depends where you go on holiday, I will wear mine with pride today in Berlin.

Make sure you don't run into any Yam paramedics.

Hibrandenburg
08-06-2019, 11:55 AM
It's confirmed, I will actually be going on holiday to The Harz (the Hearts!)

Oh the shame of it

Try not to get Brocken hearted about it.

Hibs1969
08-06-2019, 12:00 PM
There’s nothing like a wee reminder of Hibs when you are in your holidays to cheer you up, whether it’s a shirt, flag or something else. I saw this in a bar in Bangkok a couple of weeks after we won the cup. That the legend of SDG reached as far as Thailand 🇹🇭 shortly after his heroics fair made my day.

overdrive
08-06-2019, 12:34 PM
I think it's a bit naff older guys wearing strips but polos and t-shirts are ok. I usually take a couple of the latter and wore one the other week when out cycling in Turkey.

I was there for the anniversy of the Cup Final and had s toast with our host who's a Galatasaray fan. I took an HMS Argyll rugby strip (cotton and cool) which is a lovely dark green with white sleeves.

I agree with this. Each to their own, but it is all a bit naff for me which nobody will find surprising given my comments on the name on the third strip thread.

Keith_M
08-06-2019, 01:08 PM
Try not to get Brocken hearted about it.

Alles Klar(a)

Glory Lurker
08-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Life's too short to bother about folk wearing football gear. Crack on, or not.

LancashireHibby
08-06-2019, 01:51 PM
I very rarely wear a Hibs top to matches but I do tend to buy them in the end of season sale purely for sitting around the pool on holiday.

Saturday Boy
08-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Slightly off topic, but as a short, chubby 60 year old, I’ll proudly be wearing my Scotland shirt in Nice tomorrow 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Keith_M
08-06-2019, 03:39 PM
Yet another thread gone waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy off topic.

Amazing

:greengrin

Here’s Lucy!
08-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Slightly off topic, but as a short, chubby 60 year old, I’ll proudly be wearing my Scotland shirt in Nice tomorrow 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hope the team remove theirs to celebrate the defeat of England!

at last 61
08-06-2019, 05:01 PM

My son and I wore Hibs tips in Busch gardens last month didn't see any other hibees but would normally say something to fellow supporters ,if you're going to Manny's Haines city I've got a Hibs number plate on one of the he booths as you walk in go down to the booths at the bottom and it's there.enjoy

HoboHarry
08-06-2019, 05:12 PM
I would wear my Hibs top on holiday but the wife doesn't own any green matching underwear so I don't bother......

HH81
08-06-2019, 05:22 PM

Banned 😂😂😂. Why do you even care what others do?

What about my Hibs shorts are they banned?

Hibrandenburg
08-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Always have my boy kitted out in Hibs gear on holiday. He usually gets a "C'mon the Hibees" reaction from some folks. Never had any negative reactions.

Colr
08-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Off to Berlin late summer with my son. He never goes on holiday without his Hibs tops.

Might go somewhere at the beginning of the holidays but its all exam result dependant so up in the air.

MichelleHibs
08-06-2019, 10:02 PM
Had my Hibs strip on at a BC Lions game in Vancouver... group of guys in front started singing sunshine on leith when they saw it! ⚽️

oldbutdim
08-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Off to Berlin late summer with my son. He never goes on holiday without his Hibs tops.

Might go somewhere at the beginning of the holidays but its all exam result dependant so up in the air.

Good luck with the exams; make your son proud.

:thumbsup:

19Leith75
09-06-2019, 02:22 AM
I couldn't wait for the new Hibs kit to come out before my holidays and didn't like last years kit, so got myself a couple of really smart tees from cabbageandribs.com (http://www.cabbageandribs.com) including one of these beauties

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5Z_OG5V4AA1TwZ.jpg:large

HibbySpurs
09-06-2019, 05:27 AM
Maybe no the flags but I have the beach towel which I guess doubles as a flag when hung over the balcony to dry.

HibbySpurs
09-06-2019, 05:35 AM
Football gear on holiday chat always reminds me of being in Menorca one year on a first choice holiday.

There was a guy there who went about every day in a Rangers top, had a red hand tattoo etc. The whole nine yards including England tops!

One of the reps was a good enough lad from Tranent but a Jambo for his sins but his crowning glory was the day said hun win the table tennis competition and that evening when he went up to collect his certificate wearing an England shirt the rep gave him the certificate then said...

“Before you go big man, I’m sure there’s lots of people out there in the audience who would like to know why a guy like yourself with a broad Glasgow accent is wearing an England top?”

The look on the huns face was priceless.

southsider
09-06-2019, 07:33 AM
The club shop have soon cool t’s imcluding a green one with 1875 on the breast. The 7 is a harp. Only £12.

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2019, 07:57 AM
Walking down The Strip Albufiera a few years back on a Saturday night we had our youngest all decked out in his HIBS strip top, shorts and socks

Two random lassies approached us dressed to kill and one of them said in a broad Edinburgh accent “ Aw look at this wee boy Alexis all dressed up in his wee Hibs strip. How cute!”

Babe magnet! :greengrin

mjhibby
09-06-2019, 08:03 AM
Not one for wearing my hibs gear on hol but in my much younger days wore my Hibs top to York races when I decided to go to their big August meeting at the last moment. Had the bukta top on and had the security guards fascinated as to which team i supported as there were very few teams with sponsorship on their shirts their. They followed me for a bit till they eventually asked me they didn't know about sponsorship on shirts and thought I was from Europe. Great day and saw the best horse in the world,alleged, at that time. Also used to go on holiday with my Jambo pal so it was Scotland tops to avoid any friction.

One Day
09-06-2019, 08:07 AM
The club shop have soon cool t’s imcluding a green one with 1875 on the breast. The 7 is a harp. Only £12.

I was in the shop yesterday and bought 1 for my holidays. The badge is very subtle, recognisable to other Hibbies

PatHead
09-06-2019, 10:37 AM
To protect my napper from being burnt always wear a cap. A lot of the time my Hibs one. It is amazing how many Hibby comment on it.

Sometimes when at the poolside I wear the yellow Hibs top to protect the ladies from getting all moist at the sight of my tanned six pack. Very rarely though.

Hibs90
09-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Aye, sad.

I was being sarcastic in response to the poster who said it was ‘sad as ****’ to comment on what folk wear abroad.

I also don’t need to ‘get a grip’.[/QUOTE]

Who gives a **** what people wear, its their choice. Your opinion stinks.

Jay
09-06-2019, 11:59 AM
I dont care if your 9 or 90, if your in a hibs strip you'll put a smile on my face. A T shirt, shorts or towel will probably have the same effect :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
09-06-2019, 11:59 AM
This is my favourite thread of all time 😍

Jay
09-06-2019, 12:06 PM

Im quite sure its not

s2hart
09-06-2019, 12:49 PM

Wore one of the 1875 tops on my recent trip to Vietnam plus out and about in Tokyo, no one gave/gives a toss! Not one for wearing a replica shirts only when playing football each to their own.

Here’s Lucy!
09-06-2019, 12:58 PM

I also don’t need to ‘get a grip’.

Who gives a **** what people wear, its their choice. Your opinion stinks.[/QUOTE]

As does yours. :na na:

Here’s Lucy!
09-06-2019, 12:59 PM

Very opposite for me. :wink:

Wakeyhibee
09-06-2019, 01:12 PM
Was in the Saltaire lounge in Malia for the Scottish Cup final. There was a handful of non colour wearing Celtic fans in there including my mate. 2 Rangers fans walked in in full gear.

No hassle but a bit odd to me if your teams not playing, and very confusing for an old dear from London who kept shouting "Kam On Rangaaahs " lol

StevesFamau5
09-06-2019, 05:02 PM
Sitting in the Dolphin Pub Fuengirola, Hibs top on. Nothing but positive response 😎

Bangkok Hibby
09-06-2019, 05:24 PM
Who gives a **** what people wear, its their choice. Your opinion stinks.

As does yours. :na na:[/QUOTE]

Haha, amazing what winds people up. Loving this thread and I love wearing my Hibs top too

BILLYHIBS
09-06-2019, 06:47 PM
Nothing gets my hackles up more if I am abroad on holiday going about my normal holiday business and I see a Hun top walking towards me

If looks could kill 😬

Deansy
09-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Nothing gets my hackles up more if I am abroad on holiday going about my normal holiday business and I see a Hun top walking towards me

If looks could kill ��

I was in Crete 10/12 years ago with my ex and we had a young honeymoon-couple (from Stirling) in the next apartment to us. I'd got into the habit of getting a paper from home early doors, reading it on our balcony and then handing it over to the new hubby on their balcony. However, one morning I actually had to stand up to hand the paper over (I can't turn my head/neck around as I have ankylosing spondilitis and my spine is fused solid, iron-rods etc, etc), only to find the guy - who I'd previously considered ok - standing there, chest all puffed out with his hand out, proudly wearing a Hun-top !. Like you, I cannot stand these creatures so after a few seconds of splutering/stammering I managed to say - 'Wtf is THAT ??' pointing at his top, to which he proudly replied 'We arra peepil big-man !' I just stared at him for a few seconds and then just said - '******-off and get your ain paper ya skanky wee ********* !'. I know it's chldish/petty (well that was my furious ex's opinion !) but I just couldn't and can't help it, whenever I see that top, I immediately think of the damage they've done - and continue to do - to our country's name and also to our game, and the red-mist just comes down !

LancashireHibby
09-06-2019, 08:32 PM
Life’s too short to get wound up by Huns on holiday.

That said, maybe subconsciously I take a Hibs top or two away with me to kind of equalise the numbers a bit. Went to Fuerteventura in June 2016 so obviously I took great pride in wearing one of the Perservered tops and to be fair a Rangers fan actually shook my hand (I made sure to wash it afterwards) and said we fully deserved it, asked if I went to the game etc. In fact, I’d go as far as to say that I’ve never had a problem with any set of fans on holiday, particularly with the pack mentality removed.

Here’s Lucy!
09-06-2019, 09:13 PM
As does yours. :na na:

Haha, amazing what winds people up. Loving this thread and I love wearing my Hibs top too[/QUOTE]

I like you, Bangkok. :aok:

Not too keen on the post I quoted earlier from the other bloke, mind.

One Day Soon
09-06-2019, 09:17 PM
I take a couple of my Hibs t-shirts on holiday with me. One more subtle one with the left chest club badge and the other one has the lovely big 0-7 on the reverse.

Love seeing Hibbies wearing their tops on holiday. Had a pleasant chat with one such on the way out of Tenerife's Siam Park last year. Always feels like finding a friend.

oldbutdim
09-06-2019, 10:54 PM
I've always taken a bit of Hibs gear with me on hols.
Back in 1991 I was on holiday in Corfu and the guy doing publicity for a new complex opening in Kavos asked me if I'd agree to be in the pic, lounging at the pool wearing my Hibs cap and speedos. To be honest he was a fan of the Hibs hat rather than my budgie smugglers.
As a result I 'starred' in the Cosmos Holiday brochure for several years.
The paper I was reading informing me that Goram had just signed for Rangers.
True story.

Here’s Lucy!
10-06-2019, 04:45 PM
I've always taken a bit of Hibs gear with me on hols.
Back in 1991 I was on holiday in Corfu and the guy doing publicity for a new complex opening in Kavos asked me if I'd agree to be in the pic, lounging at the pool wearing my Hibs cap and speedos. To be honest he was a fan of the Hibs hat rather than my budgie smugglers.
As a result I 'starred' in the Cosmos Holiday brochure for several years.
The paper I was reading informing me that Goram had just signed for Rangers.
True story.

Folk are now frantically Googling 'Cosmos brochure 1991'. :wink: