PDA

View Full Version : Rocky punching above his weight?

TwoPennyPrince
06-06-2019, 12:23 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-ofir-marciano-tells-israeli-media-he-wants-to-move-to-bigger-club-1-4942284

Best keeper I've seen in hibs shirt by far and I understand its a short career and all that but is this slightly disrespectful?

Diclonius
06-06-2019, 12:26 PM
As long as he understands that if clubs don't meet our asking price we won't sell.

Get a good fee for him, spend some of it on Bogdan and keep the rest for more players. Win-win.

Centre Hawf
06-06-2019, 12:27 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-ofir-marciano-tells-israeli-media-he-wants-to-move-to-bigger-club-1-4942284

Best keeper I've seen in hibs shirt by far and I understand its a short career and all that but is this slightly disrespectful?

I imagine theres probably a bit more context to his quotes from his perspective. "Moving forward" seems to mean improving as he's mentioned it a few times in the context of getting better and having good seasons. But he did outright say he looks forward to bigger clubs which I don't really mind because he is 29 and although goalkeepers do last a lot longer he's at the age where it would be right for him to try his hand down south and could be a good keeper for a Derby or Leeds etc.

If he stays great, if he goes then good luck to him and I hope we get a good fee.

Bangkok Hibby
06-06-2019, 12:28 PM

No..its a career move. Hibs aren't the biggest team around so he's said nowt wrong

Edina Erin
06-06-2019, 12:32 PM
I think we only "own" 50% of Rocky.
I'm sure the deal was constructed in a way that some agency, or even his former club, retain 50% ownership. It was the only way we could do the deal to bring him to Hibs.

matty_f
06-06-2019, 12:37 PM
Rocky has been excellent for us, he's well capable of earning more and playing at a higher level so I wouldn't grudge him his move if it came about, so long as we get good value for him.

CapitalGreen
06-06-2019, 12:38 PM
I'm sure the deal was constructed in a way that some agency, or even his former club, retain 50% ownership. It was the only way we could do the deal to bring him to Hibs.

Part-ownership of players is against Association rules. What we apparently have is a sell-on clause where 50% of any fee received will be passed on to his previous club.

The 90+2
06-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Not in any way, shape or form.

IF the comments quoted are correct then look at things from his perspective:

Came on loan initially to us the signed a loan term deal to probably showcase his skills on a British platform. He’s been here three years and has came off his best and most consistent half season, his stock has never been higher and may never get a better chance at this stage of his career to make that one career defining move to make sure his family at comfortable for the rest of his life. I have no problem with the comments, it’s not exactly a Keef Jackshun exclusive either it’s a piece to his national magazine presumably while on international duty. We’ve had good service from him and the arrangement suited all parties.

Hibs90
06-06-2019, 12:43 PM
“I’m healthy, and I finished well, personally, I want to concentrate on the team and there are those who take care of it ... I’m looking forward to moving on to bigger clubs. It gives you a good feeling, you work hard and such interest is an appreciation for yourself, it’s good.”

Disrespectful IMO.

Bangkok Hibby
06-06-2019, 12:45 PM
“I’m healthy, and I finished well, personally, I want to concentrate on the team and there are those who take care of it ... I’m looking forward to moving on to bigger clubs. It gives you a good feeling, you work hard and such interest is an appreciation for yourself, it’s good.”

Disrespectful IMO.

Which part? I can't see any problem whatsoever with this

Pretty Boy
06-06-2019, 12:46 PM
I'm always wary about lending weight to selective quotes from part of a longer interview that can easily look bad taken out of context.

I've been on the receiving end of such an occurence before and it isn't nice at all. A perfectly innocent remark can be totally misconstrued unfairly.

FilipinoHibs
06-06-2019, 12:48 PM

I've seen Goram, Leighton, Roughie, and Heriot in a Hibs shirt.

MagicSwirlingShip
06-06-2019, 12:48 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with Rocky having ambitions beyond Hibs. In my opinion he could hold his own in some of the top leagues around Europe.

Absolutely nobody gave Mcginn any stick for stating he was ambitious beyond Hibs. Shouldn’t apply here either.

Deansy
06-06-2019, 12:50 PM
I'd also like to hear the actual interview - the EEN isn't exactly pro-Hibs and I'd bet there's more than one or two 'out of context' remarks in it !

Hibs90
06-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Which part? I can't see any problem whatsoever with this

I don't have an issue with his ambition to grow as a player and if that means moving then good luck to him but why come out in the media when you are under contract and say you want a move to a bigger club. It's just disrespectful to your current employers.

TwoPennyPrince
06-06-2019, 12:52 PM

I've seen Brown, Zibby, Ma-Kalambay and McNeil.

1van Sprou7e
06-06-2019, 12:53 PM
Fair enough to him, but what happened to him being settled in Edinburgh? Perhaps wants to go West or to north England I suppose

FilipinoHibs
06-06-2019, 12:54 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with Rocky having ambitions beyond Hibs. In my opinion he could hold his own in some of the top leagues around Europe.

Absolutely nobody gave Mcginn any stick for stating he was ambitious beyond Hibs. Shouldn’t apply here either.

They never mouthed off in the papers about it. They showed respect. It's an agent planted story.

overdrive
06-06-2019, 12:56 PM
I thought he was clearly saying “goodbye” to the club from the way he acted before and after the last game of the season.

The 90+2
06-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Fair enough to him, but what happened to him being settled in Edinburgh? Perhaps wants to go West or to north England I suppose

Celtic.

Smartie
06-06-2019, 01:01 PM
Celtic.

This is going to be our next battle with Lennon, and that particular club.

Fortunately we can have faith that our club will not sell us short.

MagicSwirlingShip
06-06-2019, 01:04 PM
They never mouthed off in the papers about it. They showed respect. It's an agent planted story.

Can’t see much difference in the two stories tbh, one has been translated from a different language though.https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/john-mcginn-i-m-ambitious-but-i-don-t-have-to-leave-hibs-now-1-4728835

KeithTheHibby
06-06-2019, 01:09 PM
Celtic.

To go and sit on the bench? Ambitious.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-06-2019, 01:11 PM
Thought this would be a thread about Shelly Marciano

GloryGlory
06-06-2019, 01:13 PM

Disrespectful IMO.

the "I'm looking forward..." can be construed in a way that means "of course, like all players I am ambitious to play at the highest level I can..."

hibeemikey21
06-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Watch the highlights of his performance v Spain. I’ve long suspected that any larger clubs looking at him will have seen that and thought “nah”, particularly when they have to consider his mentality re playing at an elite level. Arguably the biggest game of his life and he well and truly *bleeped* the bed!

Edit: found the link. Worse than I remembered!!

https://youtu.be/og29lMwOsWA

The 90+2
06-06-2019, 01:20 PM
To go and sit on the bench? Ambitious.

He’s better than Bain and will fancy being number 1.

Bangkok Hibby
06-06-2019, 01:21 PM
I don't have an issue with his ambition to grow as a player and if that means moving then good luck to him but why come out in the media when you are under contract and say you want a move to a bigger club. It's just disrespectful to your current employers.

Fair enough let's agree to disagree as I see nothing wrong with what he's said. There are plenty bigger clubs than us out there.
Maybe its the old Union member in me showing through...employers showing little loyalty or respect to their staff when the time comes to offload 🤝🏻

The 90+2
06-06-2019, 01:23 PM
This is going to be our next battle with Lennon, and that particular club.

Fortunately we can have faith that our club will not sell us short.

Yep. Although they know how to use the media to make it out like we are denying his dream move, unhappy etc etc while trying to take him on the cheap. Any clause in his contract etc Lennon will be more than aware of though. It may also be he wants to make his club back him some good money for being easy to deal with previously.

He seems a good guy, I don’t think we will have a toys out the Oran scenario.

Edina Erin
06-06-2019, 01:24 PM
Part-ownership of players is against Association rules. What we apparently have is a sell-on clause where 50% of any fee received will be passed on to his previous club.

I remember the deal being less than straightforward. The owner of the club in Israel was in jail and Hibs could only deal with him on Sunday, when he got his weekly telephone time.

basehibby
06-06-2019, 01:30 PM

I've seen Goram, Leighton ad Rough and on current form Rocky comes second behind Goram. He'd have to keep that form up over two or three seasons to cement his place in the Hibees pantheon of keepers though.

Smartie
06-06-2019, 01:34 PM
Rocky had a very good half season but I've never really taken to him.

His distribution is very poor and his concentration levels allow him to make the odd howler.

That said, he makes saves that very few other Hibs keepers make.

I do get the feeling that he thinks he's above us, he screwed the nut for half a season to improve his chances of getting a move elsewhere.

If there was any chance of getting Bogdan back, I'd go all out to make that happen.

Man Down Under
06-06-2019, 01:35 PM
He deserves a bigger club I think. He's been great for us, don't see any disrespect at all.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
06-06-2019, 01:45 PM
I’m hoping Rocky tipped off Hibs before mouthing off, gives Hibs time to get a replacement in

Broken Gnome
06-06-2019, 01:46 PM
As ever, it is not altogether stunning that a Hibs player sourced from outside Scotland doesn't see his relatively low wage as something he's content with, and doesn't see Hibs all of a sudden as his everlasting footballing love...

Hannah_hfc
06-06-2019, 01:46 PM
https://twitter.com/kenny_millar/status/1136607556527427584?s=21

Don’t know if anyone has seen the tweet from Kenny Millar on twitter but from reading that I would gather it’s the newspapers exaggerating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since452
06-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Don't see anything wrong with what he's said. He's been excellent and deserves a big pay day imo. If he moves on he'll go with my blessing. I'd be concerned if we were the hight of his ambitions. I want a team full of ambitious players. It's Hibs. Players will go if they're good enough. Clubs like us, Hearts and even Celtic are just springboards to better things these days.

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Was never a fan tbh!

Too many nightmares just lurking there for me

I have to admit his last half season totally changed my mind

He was outstanding

Absolutely brilliant!

If he stays he stays if he goes he goes good luck to the guy

He will always have my support when he is in the HIBS goal

As others have said he would have to repeat that last half season to be up there with the real Hibernian all time great keepers for the next three seasons without any cock ups to be up there in my book

Theres only two Andy Gorams :greengrin

Jim44
06-06-2019, 02:46 PM
No story here I think. Fair enough, he wouldn’t be human if he didn’t want what’s best for him and his family and he’s publicly saying that now. If nothing else it plants the seed in PH’s mind that keeping goalkeeper options well heated on the back boiler is important.

DTS
06-06-2019, 02:47 PM
I’d be gutted to see Rocky go. I don’t see anything wrong with his quotes alright they aren’t great but it’s also likely that the EEN have just fired his quotes from Hebrew into Google Translate and went from there. If his mind set is to use hibs as a stepping stone to bigger teams I think he’s a good example for players we want to attract. Him McGinn McGeouch etc all thrived here knowing we provide a platform to international football and big moves, compare that to a Liam Craig/ Scott Robertson who’s big move would be hibs and look at how they examples worked out. I would always want an ambitious player over a comfy player. If he does go I wouldn’t be against us using a chunk of his fee to give bogdan a wage he’d sign for

Itsnoteasy
06-06-2019, 03:12 PM

What aboot Budgie

Itsnoteasy
06-06-2019, 03:13 PM

What aboot Budgie & Jim Mcarthur

davidgray210516
06-06-2019, 03:31 PM
Have you seen his wife? Been punching above his weight for a long time 🤤

andybev1
06-06-2019, 03:40 PM
Bogdan is a better all round keeper, he can play football too. I hope we are smart enough to sign him and make some cash from marciano.

TrinityHibs
06-06-2019, 03:49 PM
What aboot Budgie & Jim Mcarthur

I saw Conrad Logan

truehibernian
06-06-2019, 04:02 PM
Bogdan is a better all round keeper, he can play football too. I hope we are smart enough to sign him and make some cash from marciano.

This :aok:

Just Jimmy
06-06-2019, 04:39 PM
tapped up by Lennon for Celtic?

otherwise I want ambitious players of his ability at hibs. id far rather this than crap we never enjoy or get talked about.

id be signing bogdan and cashing in if he wants to go. if not we have two top keepers. bogdan seemed to love it here so come on down.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

jacomo
06-06-2019, 04:47 PM

Maybe Lennon has tapped him up?

Keith_M
06-06-2019, 04:53 PM
If some bigger club want him, then £10M and he's yours.

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 04:53 PM

We will know if Rocky starts throwing chairs around and going in a huff :greengrin

The 90+2
06-06-2019, 05:04 PM

It wouldn’t be hard considering the relationship Lennon has with the agent. It’s a tough one though because the agent got us Efe too and got us the perm deal for Rocky and Ambrose. I’m not sure Petrie will want to be done over by law well again. I’ve a feeling there’s a contract clause.

superfurryhibby
06-06-2019, 05:10 PM
It wouldn’t be hard considering the relationship Lennon has with the agent. It’s a tough one though because the agent got us Efe too and got us the perm deal for Rocky and Ambrose. I’m not sure Petrie will want to be done over by law well again. I’ve a feeling there’s a contract clause.

Remind me when Petrie was ever done over by Lawwell?

I'm sure when Rocky signed, as with all aspiring players, the intention was to move onto a bigger club. He's served Hibs well, good luck to him if he does go.

truehibernian
06-06-2019, 05:14 PM

I don't think there's any doubt Lennon has been doing that. Posted last month I expect Celtic to bid for Rocky and I still think they will once Gordon leaves.

Billy Whizz
06-06-2019, 05:15 PM
I don't think there's any doubt Lennon has been doing that. Posted last month I expect Celtic to bid for Rocky and I still think they will once Gordon leaves.

Don’t think you’re too far from the truth TH

supermcginn
06-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Got to agree.

truehibernian
06-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Don’t think you’re too far from the truth TH

I also expect them to unsettle Martin Boyle mate. Celtic want to offload players so I expect derisory bids with loans offered. Tell you what though, having watched Dembele's debut v Hearts, albeit he is so very young, I'd be more than happy having him on loan for a season (he is going to be an unbelievable talent) as well as Mickey Johnstone. I think they'll offer Lewis Morgan though.

As for Rocky, more than happy to get good cash for him and try and secure Adam Bogdan - solid keeper, good on the deck, and knows the club. I'm sure AB will have decent offers though. I've never been convinced by Dabrowski when I've seen him, and despite following young Paddy Martin since his performance academy days he's too young and raw to be near the first team (cracking lad who will do well in football - head well screwed on and deserves to do well in life).

hibbydog
06-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Brilliant goalkeeper. The save v Dundee at ER last season was the best I’ve ever seen.

No problem with his comments.

This will always happen at hibs. We’ve done well to get 2 seasons out of him.

Good luck from me

jacomo
06-06-2019, 05:43 PM
Got to agree.

Unfortunately Bogdan isn’t our player.

GreenCastle
06-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Not surprised - he’s a decent keeper and amazed we have kept him so long.

He’s not perfect but solid enough for Hibs and not surprised he has played for his country.

He is a great guy and his family have taken to Hibs so no complaints if he wants to go.

I just hope we have a few names lined up and would happily take Bogdan back who was in great form before his injury.

JohnM1875
06-06-2019, 05:47 PM
How long does he have left on his contract anyway? If over a year I can't see us letting him go on the cheap.

Fuzzywuzzy
06-06-2019, 05:50 PM
Was never a fan tbh!

Too many nightmares just lurking there for me

I have to admit his last half season totally changed my mind

He was outstanding

Absolutely brilliant!

If he stays he stays if he goes he goes good luck to the guy

He will always have my support when he is in the HIBS goal

As others have said he would have to repeat that last half season to be up there with the real Hibernian all time great keepers for the next three seasons without any cock ups to be up there in my book

Theres only two Andy Gorams :greengrin

Doesn't play cricket mind!!

ian cruise
06-06-2019, 05:52 PM
How long does he have left on his contract anyway? If over a year I can't see us letting him go on the cheap.

2 years. So this year we could get a good sum of money should we chose to sell or we retain him as our number one for another full season then next summer we're in John McGinn territory.

The Harp
06-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Rocky's a tremendous keeper when he's on form. For me, his comment about moving to a bigger club, is borderline disrespectful, considering he's under contract until 2021. Just wish he'd kept his intentions to himself, particularly if the rumours about celtic being interested in signing him are true.

Saint Hibee
06-06-2019, 05:55 PM
He’s a pretty good keeper, but far from excellent. I remember St Johnstone away in the season just gone when he booted the ball out of play with pretty much every single place kick. He’s a great shot stopper, but as others have said, his distribution is poor. If he wants to leave, fine. And if he wants to stay, fine. He’s totally replaceable.

LaMotta
06-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Cant believe how underrated Rocky is by people judging by some of the above posts.

He has been magnificent for us with an astonishing amount of really top class saves.

Lots of howlers? He's made 2 major mistakes in 3 seasons - Aberdeen cup semi and McDiamid park red card.

Huge loss if he goes.

DetroitHibs
06-06-2019, 06:50 PM
I think he’s a good keeper, has his flaws like most players. One surprising aspect is the complete lack of interest shown from other clubs. Usually there’s a championship team sniffing etc, but really been nothing during his time here. Some rumors of Celtic, but these are usually started here on .Net.

SRHibs
06-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Brilliant keeper who I'd wish the worst of luck if he went to Celtic!

lord bunberry
06-06-2019, 07:16 PM

The selling club have a 50% sell on clause.

lord bunberry
06-06-2019, 07:23 PM
Bogdan is a more than decent keeper, but he couldn’t lace Rocky’s boots. Losing Rocky and replacing him with Bogdan would be a step backwards. If Rocky does leave I would be delighted to keep Bogdan, but I certainly wouldn’t be encouraging it.

DetroitHibs
06-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Anyone know the stats of who kept the most cleaned sheets for us last season?

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 07:41 PM

Rocky 6

Bogdan 6

H18 SFR
06-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Cant believe how underrated Rocky is by people judging by some of the above posts.

He has been magnificent for us with an astonishing amount of really top class saves.

Lots of howlers? He's made 2 major mistakes in 3 seasons - Aberdeen cup semi and McDiamid park red card.

Huge loss if he goes.

I seriously couldn't think of any howlers bar the above.

Keith_M
06-06-2019, 07:44 PM

Definitely not the Bed Wetters on here.

leither17
06-06-2019, 07:51 PM

I think in all games it was Bogdan 23/8 and Rocky 21/6 with Laidlaw playing a couple of games in there

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 07:54 PM

Morelos near post Christmas Easter Road a few years back

Distribution shocking until Hecky noticed the obvious

DetroitHibs
06-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Rocky 6

Bogdan 6

Thanks Billy :aok:

I’d be happy with us getting a fee for Rocky and picking up Bodgan on a free.

Broken Gnome
06-06-2019, 08:03 PM

Hamilton home, dropped a cross.

Morelos against Rangers at ER season before last.

Four blunders still ranks him in the echelons of Hibs keepers mind you.

marinello59
06-06-2019, 08:12 PM
Thanks Billy :aok:

I’d be happy with us getting a fee for Rocky and picking up Bodgan on a free.

Up until his injury I though Bogdan was the better keeper. Rocky’s distribution wasn’t the best, he can’t kick a ball properly. His form at the end of the season was remarkable though. I hope he stays.

LaMotta
06-06-2019, 08:13 PM
Hamilton home, dropped a cross.

Morelos against Rangers at ER season before last.

Four blunders still ranks him in the echelons of Hibs keepers mind you.

Don't remember the Hamilton one. Did that lead to a goal?

The Morelos one is a "could have done better" rather than a howler. Hanlon far more to blame.

Sammy7nil
06-06-2019, 08:14 PM

His distribution is very poor and his concentration levels allow him to make the odd howler.

I do get the feeling that he thinks he's above us, he screwed the nut for half a season to improve his chances of getting a move elsewhere.

If there was any chance of getting Bogdan back, I'd go all out to make that happen.

Pretty much agree. I don't think he is as good as he or many others think he is. If he gets a better move good luck to him. In the meantime buckle down and get on with doing the best you can for Hibs and always be respectful.

DetroitHibs
06-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Remember Bodgan’s debut in Europe, had a nightmare. After that he was top drawer.

The Spaceman
06-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Great keeper who will be hard to replace, but not utterly irreplaceable?

No issues at all with him having ambitions beyond Hibs. He has been a good servant for us past 3 years and would go with my very best wishes.

overdrive
06-06-2019, 08:36 PM

Huge loss if he goes.

I still think the Aberdeen one was McGeouch’s fault.

Forza Fred
06-06-2019, 08:45 PM
EVERY player will leave at some time.

The good ones, usually of their choosing, and the not so good, usually at the club’s choosing.

Life goes on.....although I haven’t seen a better goalie at Easter Road than Ronnie Simpson...so I’m sure we will survive.

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 08:49 PM
I still think the Aberdeen one was McGeouch’s fault.
Boyle and McGeouch in the wall the wall separates too easily but Rocky gets beat too easily at the near post as he gets a good view of the kick straight forward save but to be fair he saves it once it has crossed the line

Broken Gnome
06-06-2019, 08:57 PM
Don't remember the Hamilton one. Did that lead to a goal?

The Morelos one is a "could have done better" rather than a howler. Hanlon far more to blame.

Yeah, Bingham I think? Kamberi hat trick after.

beensaidbefore
06-06-2019, 09:05 PM

Summed up perfectly for me. Dont know why but I felt more relaxed with Bogdan in goals. Like to see him back.

Eyrie
06-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Boyle and McGeouch in the wall the wall separates too easily but Rocky gets beat too easily at the near post as he gets a good view of the kick straight forward save but to be fair he saves it once it has crossed the line

Marciano didn't expect to have to make a save at the near post because he'd positioned the wall to prevent that happening.

Can't blame him for the wall not doing the job he gave it.

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 09:53 PM
Marciano didn't expect to have to make a save at the near post because he'd positioned the wall to prevent that happening.

Can't blame him for the wall not doing the job he gave it.

A goalie should never lose goals at his near post especially when he has good vision
He should be saving that without a wall
I appreciate your point but a routine save and listed as a howler by other posters as well
Christie could not believe his luck

hibbysam
06-06-2019, 10:01 PM
A goalie should never lose goals at his near post especially when he has good vision
I appreciate your point but a routine save and listed as a howler by other posters as well

Although that one could’ve done better, your first point is absolute nonsense. This ‘front post’ crap has grown arms and legs, like the Morelos one quoted earlier, he was one on one after Hanlon made a **** of it and he had a 50:50 guess and he guessed wrong, if he stood up to ‘protect’ his front post and he slid it past him into the back post it would still be a goal but not classed as a mistake. Crazy.

superfurryhibby
06-06-2019, 10:05 PM

Huge loss if he goes.

Absolutely agree. I can only assume that the some people have forgotten the absolute travesties we’ve had in goals these past 20 years, Simon Brown, Mark Brown, Graeme Smith, Zibi Malkowski, Yves Makalamby....the list goes on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a pre determined transfer figure where Hibs would have to listen to offers over. Lennon would obviously know the fine details of Rockie’s deal.

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 10:09 PM
Although that one could’ve done better, your first point is absolute nonsense. This ‘front post’ crap has grown arms and legs, like the Morelos one quoted earlier, he was one on one after Hanlon made a **** of it and he had a 50:50 guess and he guessed wrong, if he stood up to ‘protect’ his front post and he slid it past him into the back post it would still be a goal but not classed as a mistake. Crazy.

Watch it again

The ball goes right through him

Agree Hanlon does not look too clever has to pay to get back into the ground

https://youtu.be/y867uKt-o6A

madhatter
06-06-2019, 10:10 PM
Kicking and temperament are his biggest weaknesses. Kicking especially. I mention temperament because I think if he makes a mistake in a game he’ll go on to fumble everything. Rarely happens thankfully but certainly seems to have weaknesses there.

Celtic won’t be signing him for number 1 if they are interested. Too risky to play out from the back under pressure with Rocky, even his goal kicks are poor. I think this season alone I’ve seen him send horrible passes to Gray or Stevenson at least 10-20 times. Always putting them under pressure.

We’ll never have a perfect keeper. Bogdan is a more well-rounded goalkeeper. Rocky is a better shot stopper. No issue with Rocky leaving, he has been a good player but will be replaceable. If he wants to leave, please let him leave soon, not at end of window.

allezsauzee
06-06-2019, 10:14 PM
The people who think Rocky is being disrespectful need to wise up. Every member of our squad would jump at the chance of a move to a big club with the possibility of earning multiples of their current salary. I'd find it more disrespectful if treated us like idiots and pretended that he would stay at Hibs for the rest of his career only to go back on his word when a bigger club come along.

superfurryhibby
06-06-2019, 10:15 PM
Kicking and temperament are his biggest weaknesses. Kicking especially. I mention temperament because I think if he makes a mistake in a game he’ll go on to fumble everything. Rarely happens thankfully but certainly seems to have weaknesses there.

Celtic won’t be signing him for number 1 if they are interested. Too risky to play out from the back under pressure with Rocky, even his goal kicks are poor. I think this season alone I’ve seen him send horrible passes to Gray or Stevenson at least 10-20 times. Always putting them under pressure.

We’ll never have a perfect keeper. Bogdan is a more well-rounded goalkeeper. Rocky is a better shot stopper. No issue with Rocky leaving, he has been a good player but will be replaceable. If he wants to leave, please let him leave soon, not at end of window.

Every player is replaceable, but unfortunately the chances are that whoever replaces Rocky won’t be as good. That is the reality of it. He has his flaws, but he’s at Hibs not Real Madrid. By our standards, he is a very good goalie-end of.

lord bunberry
06-06-2019, 10:17 PM
That’s an outdated view. I agree that in the past that was the accepted view, but the game has changed, strikers have become more aware and the ball has become much lighter. Back in the day it was almost impossible to curl the ball into the far corner from a tight angle, so as long as the keeper guarded his front post he was pretty safe. That doesn’t apply anymore. I was a keeper as a youngster and I can assure you that guarding your near post could make you look pretty stupid at times. The games moved on.

hibbysam
06-06-2019, 10:22 PM
The people who think Rocky is being disrespectful need to wise up. Every member of our squad would jump at the chance of a move to a big club with the possibility of earning multiples of their current salary. I'd find it more disrespectful if treated us like idiots and pretended that he would stay at Hibs for the rest of his career only to go back on his word when a bigger club come along.

Totally agree. I’d be far more annoyed if we had quality players who were happy just to kick around ER and not have the ambition to go beyond and improve, and move onto bigger and better things. It’s how clubs like hibs work, players come with potential, play very well which wins us games, gets them a move and gets hibs money, we can then afford slightly better players and the cycle continues upwards (if recruited well). McGinn wasn’t shy to say he wanted to move on at some stage, he did but done us a big favour before he went.

Sammy7nil
06-06-2019, 10:23 PM

I would find it more respectful of If he did his work in the background and not publicly tout himself whilst he is still under contract. No problem with him moving but there are ways to do it.

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 10:26 PM
That’s an outdated view. I agree that in the past that was the accepted view, but the game has changed, strikers have become more aware and the ball has become much lighter. Back in the day it was almost impossible to curl the ball into the far corner from a tight angle, so as long as the keeper guarded his front post he was pretty safe. That doesn’t apply anymore. I was a keeper as a youngster and I can assure you that guarding your near post could make you look pretty stupid at times. The games moved on.

Outdated perhaps in the modern day Coaching Manuals but the Christie and Morelos near post gaffes by Rocky are howlers in anyone’s book be it 1960 1990 or 2020

I agree with the points raised in his defence yes he set up the wall versus Aberdeen and the wall let him down and yes Freddo turned Hanlon inside out and Rocky took the wrong option but both were unfortunately preventable goals conceded

mim
06-06-2019, 10:27 PM
........ I can assure you that guarding your near post could make you look pretty stupid at times. The games moved on.

Absolutely. Just ask Foderingham :gwa:

allezsauzee
06-06-2019, 10:31 PM
I would find it more respectful of If he did his work in the background and not publicly tout himself whilst he is still under contract. No problem with him moving but there are ways to do it.

He was being interviewed and was asked where he wanted to be next season and he gave an honest answer. It's not like he's handed in a transfer request and gone on strike. If you really think that most footballers aren't looking for the next big move then you are been very naive. As I've already said, i think it's more respectful that he's honest than told a pack of lies when he was asked where he sees his future.

Sammy7nil
06-06-2019, 10:37 PM
He was being interviewed and was asked where he wanted to be next season and he gave an honest answer. It's not like he's handed in a transfer request and gone on strike. If you really think that most footballers aren't looking for the next big move then you are been very naive. As I've already said, i think it's more respectful that he's honest than told a pack of lies when he was asked where he sees his future.

I know, you know we all know there are ways of doing things. If he had said I have ambitions to play at the highest level blah blah but I am happy at Hibs and I will continue to give my all and see where it takes me. I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid. However to say I hope to move on asap imho is not really the best thing to say.

superfurryhibby
06-06-2019, 10:43 PM
I also wonder how much is lost in translation. I assume the original interview was done in Hebrew. Is google translate really that accurate?

madhatter
06-06-2019, 10:49 PM
Every player is replaceable, but unfortunately the chances are that whoever replaces Rocky won’t be as good. That is the reality of it. He has his flaws, but he’s at Hibs not Real Madrid. By our standards, he is a very good goalie-end of.

Why? We got Rocky while in the Championship. If we were able to get him then, and on such a lengthy contract, I see no reason why we can’t get a similar calibre of goalkeeper. More than anything we need to ensure we don’t become snobby when Rocky leaves. Livingston had a good goalkeeper for a couple of seasons. St Mirren goalkeeper looks decent, solid enough. There are players out there.

I was annoyed when Daniel Andersson left, I thought he was a great keeper. Had his faults too. Nevertheless, there will be better keepers that play for Hibs in the future. I like adulation of current players, I worry sometimes when it gets to the stage of slim chances we’ll see a player of same level. Imagine we were Barcelona fans and saw Messi’s career coming to an end...

lord bunberry
06-06-2019, 11:09 PM
Outdated perhaps in the modern day Coaching Manuals but the Christie and Morelos near post gaffes by Rocky are howlers in anyone’s book be it 1960 1990 or 2020

I agree with the points raised in his defence yes he set up the wall versus Aberdeen and the wall let him down and yes Freddo turned Hanlon inside out and Rocky took the wrong option but both were unfortunately preventable goals conceded
But that’s the problem of being a modern day keeper. You can’t just cover the near post these days as the striker can easily hit the ball across you into the far corner. You see so many goals hit high into the near post these days and that leaves the keeper in doubt as to what will happen.

lord bunberry
06-06-2019, 11:10 PM
Absolutely. Just ask Foderingham :gwa:
Yes very true mike. How are you doing these days my friend, are you still in the West?

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Why? We got Rocky while in the Championship. If we were able to get him then, and on such a lengthy contract, I see no reason why we can’t get a similar calibre of goalkeeper. More than anything we need to ensure we don’t become snobby when Rocky leaves. Livingston had a good goalkeeper for a couple of seasons. St Mirren goalkeeper looks decent, solid enough. There are players out there.

I was annoyed when Daniel Andersson left, I thought he was a great keeper. Had his faults too. Nevertheless, there will be better keepers that play for Hibs in the future. I like adulation of current players, I worry sometimes when it gets to the stage of slim chances we’ll see a player of same level. Imagine we were Barcelona fans and saw Messi’s career coming to an end...

Agree with this 100%

Heard the same chat when SJM left

Still waiting to replace him imho

Agree about Rocky though :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 11:24 PM
But that’s the problem of being a modern day keeper. You can’t just cover the near post these days as the striker can easily hit the ball across you into the far corner. You see so many goals hit high into the near post these days and that leaves the keeper in doubt as to what will happen.

I hear what you are saying

My point is that Rocky is not as good or as infallible as people would like to think

He had a brilliant second half of the season

I struggle to remember any keeper that pulls off so many natural instinctive saves

At time he reminds me of Lev Yashin

His kicking and distribution have improved but still not great

If he wants to go fair enough

If he stays fair enough

I still feel there are a lot of very good keepers out there that would benefit from being at a big club like Hibernian Football Club

lord bunberry
06-06-2019, 11:30 PM
I hear what you are saying

My point is that Rocky is not as good or as infallible as people would like to think

He had a brilliant second half of the season

I struggle to remember any keeper that pulls off so many natural instinctive saves

At time he reminds me of Lev Yashin

His kicking and distribution have improved but still not great

If he wants to go fair enough

If he stays fair enough

I still feel there are a lot of very good keepers out there that would benefit from being at a big club like Hibernian Football Club
I agree about his kicking it’s something he really needs to improve on, a modern day keeper needs to be good with his feet. I definitely wouldn’t be blasé about him leaving though, we’ve struggled in that position for a long time and I’d doubt that Bogdan would take such a huge wage cut to join us.

LaMotta
07-06-2019, 01:25 AM
Yeah, Bingham I think? Kamberi hat trick after.

:aok:

LaMotta
07-06-2019, 01:34 AM

You were right to be angry about Daniel Anderrson leaving! He left in 2004, and was followed by Simon Brown, Zibby, McNeil, Makalambay.

In fact apart from possibly Ben Williams we never had another keeper of his quality until Rocky arrived in 2016.

Not as easy as aome people are making out to get a top quality keeper unfortuneatly.

lord bunberry
07-06-2019, 01:43 AM
You were right to be angry about Daniel Anderrson leaving! He left in 2004, and was followed by Simon Brown, Zibby, McNeil, Makalambay.

In fact apart from possibly Ben Williams we never had another keeper of his quality until Rocky arrived in 2016.

Not as easy as aome people are making out to get a top quality keeper unfortuneatly.
Absolutely mate. Good keepers are hard to find. We’ve currently got a top class keeper that’s just as important as having a top class striker. If Rocky leaves we will struggle to find a replacement that will be anywhere near his standard. I fully realise that he might go, but people on this thread saying he can easily be replaced obviously can’t remember the days when we had idiots like zibby and Simon Brown in goals or even worse Graeme Smith.

Crunchie
07-06-2019, 02:07 AM

Goram was the best I ever saw in a Hibs shirt. I wish Rocky would stop punching and do a bit more catching, fabulous shot stopper though.

matty_f
07-06-2019, 05:31 AM

Well said.

Hermit Crab
07-06-2019, 05:46 AM
He's a good shot stopper when one on one and has pulled off some brilliant point blank saves but with one or two howlers throw in as well.He's good but not amazing and those who think we will get crazy money for him are very much mistaken. If he does go I'd like us to sign Bogdan as he is a good keeper with a wealth of experience in the game.

For me before Rocky and Bogdan our last decent keeper was Daniel Andersson. Over the years we've had some shockers between the sticks but these 3 stick out for me in recent times.

Jones28
07-06-2019, 06:08 AM

Spilled the ball from an easy cross to allow Hamilton to score early in the Kamberi hat-trick game last season.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2019, 06:34 AM
Well said.

At our level I do not want my keeper “guessing” in a high pressure match versus The Rangers at home

He should be standing tall making himself big at his near post not making Freddos mind up for him by not committing himself to a cross cum shot to the far post that does not come

I seem to remember at the time that The Rangers knew Rocky was dodgy at his near post

Sorry but a howler in my book

Just watched it again #92

Dearie me!

Viva_Palmeiras
07-06-2019, 06:40 AM

Understandable to an extent - we were blessed with Rough, Gotham and Leighton so perhaps lulled into a false sense of security around excellent keepers as a norm. I do remember some punters
Giving Leighton pelters tho. - and that was before any incident as some like to do..:

Smartie
07-06-2019, 06:54 AM
Understandable to an extent - we were blessed with Rough, Gotham and Leighton so perhaps lulled into a false sense of security around excellent keepers as a norm. I do remember some punters
Giving Leighton pelters tho. - and that was before any incident as some like to do..:

That Gotham guy was bat **** crazy.

MWHIBBIES
07-06-2019, 07:02 AM
Why do people always say "with one or two howlers in there" as if there has even been or ever will be a goalie who doesn't make mistakes?

superfurryhibby
07-06-2019, 07:03 AM
At our level I do not want my keeper “guessing” in a high pressure match versus The Rangers at home

He should be standing tall making himself big at his near post not making Freddos mind up for him by not committing himself to a cross cum shot to the far post that does not come

I seem to remember at the time that The Rangers knew Rocky was dodgy at his near post

Sorry but a howler in my book

Just watched it again #92

Dearie me!

So what really. You think it was a howler....well it happens to the best. You're making the same point over and over. I don’t think it was a zibbiesque error, but maybe he could have done better, big deal, I’m long since over it.

As for Rangers knowing he’s dodgy at the near post. I doubt very much that was a tactic on the part of Morelos. It was a clever, instinctive finish, nothing more.

Fact is that he’s the best goalie at Hibs since Leighton and that was over 20 years ago. Howler or not, we’re going to struggle to find anyone better.

Simples really

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2019, 07:04 AM

Leighton was good for HIBS and HIBS were good for Jim Leighton

Relaunching his Scotland career 22 caps whilst a HIBS player

Another goalkeeper uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and kicking somewhat skewed

Only howlers I recall two howitzers from Paul Wright versus Killie in a snow storm at Easter Road in the Scottish Cup

Legend

:not worth

Brooster
07-06-2019, 07:04 AM
Let him go if he truly is manufacturing a move. Yes he had a very good end to the season but he's an average goalkeeper in my eyes.

Hermit Crab
07-06-2019, 07:06 AM
Let him go if he truly is manufacturing a move. Yes he had a very good end to the season but he's an average goalkeeper in my eyes.

Won't be a popular opinion on here but I do agree with this, in my post I said he's good but not amazing and stand by that.

Brooster
07-06-2019, 07:10 AM
Won't be a popular opinion on here but I do agree with this, in my post I said he's good but not amazing and stand by that.

Agreed. Take the cash.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2019, 07:12 AM
So what really. You think it was a howler....well it happens to the best. You're making the same point over and over. I don’t think it was a zibbiesque error, but maybe he could have done better, big deal, I’m long since over it.

As for Rangers knowing he’s dodgy at the near post. I doubt very much that was a tactic on the part of Morelos. It was a clever, instinctive finish, nothing more.

Fact is that he’s the best goalie at Hibs since Leighton and that was over 20 years ago. Howler or not, we’re going to struggle to find anyone better.

Simples really

As others have said plenty other good keepers out there

If he DOES decide to leave I have no doubt we will get over it

I would gladly take a decent fee now and try to secure Bogdan

Howlers or not he goes with my best wishes

After all we are talking about one brilliant half season out of three

superfurryhibby
07-06-2019, 07:28 AM
As others have said plenty other good keepers out there

If he DOES decide to leave I have no doubt we will get over it

I would gladly take a decent fee now and try to secure Bogdan

Howlers or not he goes with my best wishes

After all we are talking about one brilliant half season out of three

Of course we’ll get over it.

If there are so many decent keepers out there why have Hibs not signed one in the last 15 years prior to Bogdan and Rocky. Some of the clowns we’ve signed havent had a brilliant half season in their combined careers.

Decent keeper at Hibs, hard to find another on our budget...end of story.

Hermit Crab
07-06-2019, 07:29 AM
Agreed. Take the cash.

I'd be happy with that.

04Sauzee
07-06-2019, 07:34 AM
Brilliant goalkeeper. The save v Dundee at ER last season was the best I’ve ever seen.

No problem with his comments.

This will always happen at hibs. We’ve done well to get 2 seasons out of him.

Good luck from me
Agreed that save was outstanding, he's made another couple at least this season. His save against killie at home then then away to Rangers

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2019, 07:37 AM
Of course we’ll get over it.

If there are so many decent keepers out there why have Hibs not signed one in the last 15 years prior to Bogdan and Rocky. Some of the clowns we’ve signed havent had a brilliant half season in their combined careers.

Decent keeper at Hibs, hard to find another on our budget...end of story.

Not a crisis if Rocky was to decide to leave

It was not that long ago in the second place play off at Tinycastle that every kick out from Rocky went to an opposition player or out of touch

Not surprised Lenny lost the plot!

In Hecky we trust :greengrin

jacomo
07-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Leighton was good for HIBS and HIBS were good for Jim Leighton

Relaunching his Scotland career 22 caps whilst a HIBS player

Another goalkeeper uncomfortable with the ball at his feet and kicking somewhat skewed

Only howlers I recall two howitzers from Paul Wright versus Killie in a snow storm at Easter Road in the Scottish Cup

Legend

:not worth

Jim Leighton’s star had fallen and he had acquired a bit of a reputation as a liability. That is why he came onto Hibs radar in the first place. I think a few fans were very unsure about the signing.

His performances for us were generally great however, he was a fine keeper.

Similar to Bogdan in that way.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2019, 08:51 AM
Jim Leighton’s star had fallen and he had acquired a bit of a reputation as a liability. That is why he came onto Hibs radar in the first place. I think a few fans were very unsure about the signing.

178 appearances over four seasons

A very good reliable consistent goalkeeper for us and Scotland

Surprised he is not more revered

jacomo
07-06-2019, 09:30 AM

As I remember it, the vast majority of Hibs fans were won over at the time and he is fondly remembered, certainly by me.

I guess though that entire team has faded from memory a bit with time.

Souter96Mac
07-06-2019, 09:33 AM
Will be gutted if Rocky moves on. But that's football. Imagine we could get a fairly decent figure, even despite 50% of it going to ashdod. I hope he stays, but we'll see.

hibee-boys
07-06-2019, 09:43 AM
Have seen Mrs Rocky, he's punching!:) Then again, most men would be!lol

LaMotta
07-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Absolutely mate. Good keepers are hard to find. We’ve currently got a top class keeper that’s just as important as having a top class striker. If Rocky leaves we will struggle to find a replacement that will be anywhere near his standard. I fully realise that he might go, but people on this thread saying he can easily be replaced obviously can’t remember the days when we had idiots like zibby and Simon Brown in goals or even worse Graeme Smith.

:agree:

LaMotta
07-06-2019, 10:27 AM
Why do people always say "with one or two howlers in there" as if there has even been or ever will be a goalie who doesn't make mistakes?

:agree: Allison, De Gea, Pickford, Boruc, Alan McGregor......none of those top class keepers ever made one or two howlers have they? Oh wait..yes they have!

Its like saying Leigh Griffiths was decent at times for Hibs, but he missed a few sitters.

The 90+2
07-06-2019, 10:32 AM
Rocky is he leaves’ legacy will be shown by who we replace him with. I don’t think we will get Bognan so if it’s back to the same old ***** then it’s a disaster. It does show that there are decent keepers out there though as we got two this year. I would go down the route of an on loan EPL ‘keeper or ask the Aberdeen head of scouting.

JeMeSouviens
07-06-2019, 10:52 AM
As I remember it, the vast majority of Hibs fans were won over at the time and he is fondly remembered, certainly by me.

I guess though that entire team has faded from memory a bit with time.

Jim Leighton was brilliant for Hibs and everyone loved him as far as I remember. The passback rule was the end of him, he just was no good with the ball at his feet. Great keeper for us though, pretty much as good as Goram had been and that was outstanding.

I remember a penalty shoot out at Firhill in the league cup where he made a couple of the best penalty saves I've ever seen.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2019, 11:23 AM
I like Rocky, especially the one who came back after his injury last season. I also like Bogdan, who i think is slightly the better keeper but i understand fully why Rocky kept the gloves when Bogdan was injured.

I dont think we can sign Bogdan as i think he'd be looking for more than we can pay, yes i know he's not earning anything now but i'm sure there will be many clubs who can offer much much more than us.

Both are decent keepers for our standard, but we've already proved we can sign keepers who are good enough in these two, we need to make sure we sign ones equally as good should Rocky leaves.

Smartie
07-06-2019, 02:50 PM

Jim Leighton and Mixu Paatelainen have probably been the two players we've had where my expectation levels and the actual success of the transfer have been most at odds.

Leighton was finished by the time he rocked up with us and I wondered what on Earth Miller was playing at signing him. That was a truly inspirational signing, and the signing of Leighton and what he managed to get out of him must have been one of Miller's biggest achievements as a coach.

I also thought Mixu was over the hill, but it turned out he was just Finnish. Absolutely outstanding player for us.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Jim Leighton and Mixu Paatelainen have probably been the two players we've had where my expectation levels and the actual success of the transfer have been most at odds.

Leighton was finished by the time he rocked up with us and I wondered what on Earth Miller was playing at signing him. That was a truly inspirational signing, and the signing of Leighton and what he managed to get out of him must have been one of Miller's biggest achievements as a coach.

I also thought Mixu was over the hill, but it turned out he was just Finnish. Absolutely outstanding player for us.

Even stranger was his second spell 2002-2003

Bobby Williamson had the troops preseason training up Arthur Seat as you do and Mixu was out for a jog in Holyrood Park and just joined in

29 appearances 7 goals

Steve-O
08-06-2019, 10:45 AM

He left under a bit of a cloud IMO - going to Aberdeen on a Bosman left a sour taste considering Hibs had relaunched his career.

Aldo
08-06-2019, 10:50 AM

Indeed but I think Bogdan is a better all round keeper.

Not sure how long he has left but I would suspect a fee of around £500,000 to £750,000 will see him move! (Maybe not even as much as that).

Auckland Hibs
08-06-2019, 10:52 AM
He left under a bit of a cloud IMO - going to Aberdeen on a Bosman left a sour taste considering Hibs had relaunched his career.

That wasn't my recollection, my understanding was that we told Leighton that he wouldn't be first choice keeper and he was free to leave ER?

I may have remembered it wrong as it seems a long time ago!

Smartie
08-06-2019, 10:56 AM
That wasn't my recollection, my understanding was that we told Leighton that he wouldn't be first choice keeper and he was free to leave ER?

I may have remembered it wrong as it seems a long time ago!

I thought it was a simple as him wanting to finish his career where he started it, at his favourite club. As he'd served us so well we were happy to let him go.

That was the year we lost a few very important players over the summer - Hunter, Leighton and Jackson - and found ourselves relegated a year later when we inevitably failed to replace them with players of anything like the same quality.

LancsHibs
08-06-2019, 12:01 PM
Fantastic keeper, the only thing Rocky’s punch above his weight in is with his missus😆

overdrive
08-06-2019, 12:29 PM
I thought it was a simple as him wanting to finish his career where he started it, at his favourite club. As he'd served us so well we were happy to let him go.

That was the year we lost a few very important players over the summer - Hunter, Leighton and Jackson - and found ourselves relegated a year later when we inevitably failed to replace them with players of anything like the same quality.

I remember my dad writing to the Board that it was ridiculous replacing Jackson with Crawford. To be fair, Crawford turned into decent player (mostly after he left us and nowhere near the level of Jackson).

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Rewarded by Aberdeen by being booted out by Derek McInnes at the end of the 2014/15 season
Now works as a Sales Manager with a company linked to the oil industry

overdrive
08-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Rewarded by Aberdeen by being booted out by Derek McInnes at the end of the 2014/15 season
Now works as a Sales Manager with a company linked to the oil industry

Was he actually a good coach though? The standard of goalkeeping at Aberdeen seems to have improved since he left. No room for sentiment. Ironically replaced by the goalkeeper coach who many wanted punted from Hibs for years.

Smartie
08-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Was he actually a good coach though? The standard of goalkeeping at Aberdeen seems to have improved since he left. No room for sentiment. Ironically replaced by the goalkeeper coach who many wanted punted from Hibs for years.

That was always very strange.

We had crap goalkeepers who made a lot of mistakes, and we chose to blame the coach?

MWHIBBIES
08-06-2019, 01:24 PM

and our standard of goalkeeper has improved drastically since he left...

CMurdoch
08-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Indeed but I think Bogdan is a better all round keeper.

Not sure how long he has left but I would suspect a fee of around £500,000 to £750,000 will see him move! (Maybe not even as much as that).

Out of contract but wages would be the issue

Aldo
08-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Out of contract but wages would be the issue

You never know.

You don’t ask??

Weegreenman
08-06-2019, 07:33 PM
Rocky was a tad lucky to be back in the team as Bogdan was doing a very good job. Unfortunately for Bogdan he got injured and Rocky came back and showed us all what a very good goalie he actually is. I hope we can keep him. We need a solid base to build from.

DetroitHibs
08-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Shouldn't sell Rocky until we have a quality replacement already signed up, preferably Bodgan.

overdrive
08-06-2019, 09:21 PM
We seem to be getting linked to the Preston goalkeeper. My preference would be Bogdan but I appreciate wages would be an issue. Saying that, he seems to have bought into Hibs.

GreenCastle
25-06-2019, 09:54 PM
Has Rocky returned yet ?

Looks like still away from Edinburgh according to his media accounts.

Would be good to have him or Bogdan back.

hibbysam
27-06-2019, 12:01 AM
Has Rocky returned yet ?

I’d imagine he’ll have been given an extended break due to international duty.

tamig
27-06-2019, 01:05 AM
Has Rocky returned yet ?

Why wouldn’t he be coming back? He’s under contract

Hibernian32
27-06-2019, 02:14 AM
I’d imagine he’ll have been given an extended break due to international duty.

I feared the same thing another poster told me he should have reported back on Monday with sliv and I can't mind the other, I'm thinking he's been giving more time to think over options.

Unseen work
27-06-2019, 12:36 PM
He is 100% punching above his weight. I have no idea how he got her to marry him. She is gorgeous.

bordergreen
27-06-2019, 12:42 PM
We seem to be getting linked to the Preston goalkeeper. My preference would be Bogdan but I appreciate wages would be an issue. Saying that, he seems to have bought into Hibs.

We have an office in
Preston, one of our managers there, Preston Season Ticket Holder, told me he is an excellent keeper. They would be sad to see him go. Said he was only out of the Preston team due to an alleged indiscretion with another players wife.

Hibernian32
27-06-2019, 04:11 PM
He is 100% punching above his weight. I have no idea how he got her to marry him. She is gorgeous.

Oh oh ooooh she's tidaaaay we know shelly Marcianoooo

ekhibee
27-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Not surprised - he’s a decent keeper and amazed we have kept him so long.

He’s not perfect but solid enough for Hibs and not surprised he has played for his country.

He is a great guy and his family have taken to Hibs so no complaints if he wants to go.

I just hope we have a few names lined up and would happily take Bogdan back who was in great form before his injury.
This.

BILLYHIBS
27-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Oh oh ooooh she's tidaaaay we know shelly Marcianoooo

This!