PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool friendly @ Murrayfield

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Cod Boy
28-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Steven Whittaker was there with his kids suppose that will please his boo boys .

bigwheel
28-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Steven Whittaker was there with his kids suppose that will please his boo boys .

Why would anyone care ??

LustForLeith
28-07-2019, 08:05 PM
I thought some of the younger Liverpool players that they brought on as subs have great potential.

danhibees1875
28-07-2019, 08:05 PM
Why would anyone care ??

The last 25 pages have highlighted that there are plenty people who seem to take it very personally how others spend their money and time. :wink:

Steve20
28-07-2019, 08:12 PM
The people on this thread moaning about people going to this game need to have a look at themselves. Absolute tools. Too many people on this site think they have a right to comment on how others spend their own time.

Clearly their lives aren’t upto much since they found time to cry and moan about a game they claim to “care nothing about”

Pathetic.

hibsbollah
28-07-2019, 08:15 PM
I thought some of the younger Liverpool players that they brought on as subs have great potential.

Harvey Elliott managed to play very well for a 16 year old, and who looked like he was balancing a coconut on his head.

Beefster
28-07-2019, 08:17 PM
Insigne was tremendous.
Napoli were tremendous.
Murrayfield is much better than Hampden.
The new rules regarding restarts look like they will make a big difference this year. Teams that play out from the back well can defeat a high press.
Enjoyable day.

Good summary. Napoli were a joy to watch today. Liverpool not so much.

theonlywayisup
28-07-2019, 08:22 PM
My thoughts on the game:

Napoli were very impressive; Liverpool toothless without the front three.

I didn't hear one Liverpool accent all day, very few English in fact.

It seemed that many took the opportunity to take their family to watch the game, loads of young kids which was great. When will they get the opportunity to attend a match with 65,000 plus in attendance, whilst also watching the European Champions.

Not surprisingly, the atmosphere was subdued, which is being kind. I think that's a combination of the previous two points.

Must have been a lot of Hibs fans as loads started to leave after the 80th minute. We stayed to the end and it was great to see the Liverpool team walk round the stadium thanking the fans. Pity 90% had left by that time.

Very enjoyable day out.

nellio
28-07-2019, 08:23 PM
I went along as a fan of football in general. Disappointed Couilibaly wasn't playing and was particularly looking forward to seeing Insigne and wasn't dissapointed. What a player.

The number of people there though who don't have a clue how good a team Napoli are was amazing. Real lack of football knowledge with some folk. Goes to show some fans don't live outside the bubble of the premier league.

Golden Bear
28-07-2019, 08:37 PM
I didn't go but if something similar is arranged for next year then I certainly will. By all accounts it seems to have been something different and an enjoyable day out.

Cod Boy
28-07-2019, 08:40 PM
Me and me son got mentioned we must be h@@s from the row behind because we didn’t join in with walk on song.

Tom Hart RIP
28-07-2019, 09:28 PM
Napoli were a joy to watch, insigne is class. Murrayfield is excellent.

My thoughts exactly 👍

Clarence
28-07-2019, 09:35 PM
I didn't go but if something similar is arranged for next year then I certainly will. By all accounts it seems to have been something different and an enjoyable day out.

Likewise, I couldn’t make it but I hope to see similar fixtures coming to the city in future. I’m also keen to see more football at Murrayfield as it’s a bit of a waste to limit the number of events that will require its full capacity each year, to a handful of rugby matches.

basehibby
28-07-2019, 10:00 PM
You're not comparing like with like. Going for a meal or to the Zoo is a very different experience to attending a football match.

Holding a football match at Murrayfield between two teams with no connection to Edinburgh is direct competition for the three senior clubs in the city at a time of year when they are playing League Cup games or holding friendlies of their own.

Real footy fans know that the proceedings at Murrayfield were just wind and pish - the game last week against East Fife at ER had more meaning.

McSwanky
28-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Leeann Dempster was there today. HOW DARE SHE!

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Sweet Left Peg
28-07-2019, 10:05 PM
My thoughts on the game:

Napoli were very impressive; Liverpool toothless without the front three.

I didn't hear one Liverpool accent all day, very few English in fact.

It seemed that many took the opportunity to take their family to watch the game, loads of young kids which was great. When will they get the opportunity to attend a match with 65,000 plus in attendance, whilst also watching the European Champions.

Not surprisingly, the atmosphere was subdued, which is being kind. I think that's a combination of the previous two points.

Must have been a lot of Hibs fans as loads started to leave after the 80th minute. We stayed to the end and it was great to see the Liverpool team walk round the stadium thanking the fans. Pity 90% had left by that time.

Very enjoyable day out.

Enjoyed the game and the experience in general. Took two seven year olds with me who were disappointed that Liverpool didn't score but excited to see them. As you say, it's not every day they can do something like they did today.

The reason we left early, after 78 minutes, was to beat the inevitable queue for the tram to get back to the Ingliston P&R. Two hour journey home after that. My mate from the same village left at full time and got home an hour later and a half later.

Best banter we saw all day was a guy mouthing off at the tram operators because he'd been let through the gates at the top, onto the platform, but didn't get onto the tram into the city. "Can you not use clickers to see how many folk you're letting through?" "Is this what I pay my Council Tax for?" "Disgraceful" blah blah blah. Generally being a rude so and so. Clearly thinking he was the business. But he resembled Richard Fairbrass from Right Said Fred. Queue a group of guys next to us singing "I'm, too sexy for the tram, too sexy for the tram..." Needless to say the boy wasn't too happy. His reply? "Aye, well yet team played like Hibs today"

calumhibee1
28-07-2019, 10:25 PM
Real footy fans know that the proceedings at Murrayfield were just wind and pish - the game last week against East Fife at ER had more meaning.

😂

Crazyhorse
28-07-2019, 10:38 PM

For me too. But I don’t care enough about these sort of strange games in cities unconnected with the clubs to be too bothered. Just another manifestation of corporate promotional culture I suppose.

Hi Heid Yin
28-07-2019, 10:38 PM
I saw Dylan McGeouch walking along Princes Street this afternoon, heading towards the West End with his good lady.

I didn't want to bother him but I was tempted to ask him if he was in town for the Liverpool game or to sign for us!:greengrin

dmc1875
29-07-2019, 01:41 AM
Game was quite surprising even for a friendly for me especially having a soft spot for Liverpool.

- they didn’t seem to take the game seriously at all
- Napoli were by far the better team

But the thing that surprised me the most was how woeful Alexander Arnold was. So off the pace and gave Insigne the full roam of murrayfield all day and never seemed to learn his lesson with how he always was looking to cut inside. Could do with a lesson or do from SDG going on that performance...

It was a friendly and they did look leggy and also were missing the world class front three but was really disappointed with chamberlain, Arnold and Fabinho

FilipinoHibs
29-07-2019, 02:08 AM
Good summary. Napoli were a joy to watch today. Liverpool not so much.

Just like the Champions League final then.

FilipinoHibs
29-07-2019, 02:13 AM
For me too. But I don’t care enough about these sort of strange games in cities unconnected with the clubs to be too bothered. Just another manifestation of corporate promotional culture I suppose.

Yes agree no interest what so ever in a sub standard under strength Liverpool game.

I would be interesting to have a poll to see how many Hibs went to this and did not go or did go to the cup tie against Abroath. Not sure if we would get a set of truthful answers though. But give us some idea of the lost revenues.

Same as Hibs fans who would go to a rugby international rather a Hibs if there was a clash.

Time For Heroes
29-07-2019, 04:20 AM
People still complaining about how people spend their money and time.
Absolutely bizarre.

FilipinoHibs
29-07-2019, 04:56 AM
People still complaining about how people spend their money and time.
Absolutely bizarre.

The argument is if you had to choose between Hibs and this then choose Hibs in a competitive match such as last Tuesday's which was a competitive one and vital to win choose Hibs if you are a Hibs fan. If you have enough money to do both and you like events like Sunday's then do both. Sunday was not my cup of tea. If it was the champions league final well I would go although Liverpool would likely bore us to death again. The fact only 5000 at Tuesday's game told you a lot of people choose Sunday rather than Hibs. The same people will complain about Hibs lack of budget and progress in competitions but not fully support the club.

theonlywayisup
29-07-2019, 06:22 AM
The fact only 5000 at Tuesday's game told you a lot of people choose Sunday rather than Hibs

What a load of nonsense! There would have 5,000 at the Arbroath game whether the Liverpool game took place or not.

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2019, 06:29 AM
What a load of nonsense! There would have 5,000 at the Arbroath game whether the Liverpool game took place or not.

Exactly, some amount of pish being spouted on this thread.

Pagan Hibernia
29-07-2019, 06:33 AM
The argument is if you had to choose between Hibs and this then choose Hibs in a competitive match such as last Tuesday's which was a competitive one and vital to win choose Hibs if you are a Hibs fan. If you have enough money to do both and you like events like Sunday's then do both. Sunday was not my cup of tea. If it was the champions league final well I would go although Liverpool would likely bore us to death again. The fact only 5000 at Tuesday's game told you a lot of people choose Sunday rather than Hibs. The same people will complain about Hibs lack of budget and progress in competitions but not fully support the club.

im no Liverpool fan but one thing they are not under Klopps management is boring. Or if that’s what boring means then I wish Hibs would bore me to tears

FilipinoHibs
29-07-2019, 06:35 AM
Exactly, some amount of pish being spouted on this thread.

Well Hearts who we have a comparable fan base and attendances managed two and half thousand more for less crucial game. We had higher attendances last season for similar games. There is no doubt Sunday's fun day out had an impact on the Alloa and Arbroath and the Newcastle games because the tickets are on top of seasons. If you pay to go the fun day at a multiple of what you pay at ER then some people because of their household budget will have cut out some if not all the ER games.

Scouse Hibee
29-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Well Hearts who we have a comparable fan base and attendances managed two and half thousand more for less crucial game. We had higher attendances last season for similar games. There is no doubt Sunday's fun day out had an impact on the Alloa and Arbroath and the Newcastle games because the tickets are on top of seasons. If you pay to go the fun day at a multiple of what you pay at ER then some people because of their household budget will have cut out some if not all the ER games.

There is every doubt, you however seem determined to use the Liverpool game as a stick to beat missing Hibs fans with.

Hibby70
29-07-2019, 07:00 AM
There are a number of people who have no interest in Scottish football (who are Scottish) and just follow English Premier League teams. I know about 10 adults personally from in and around Edinburgh.

I suppose what we need to do is ensure that we capture the imagination of the youngsters who may come along on the odd occasion to Easter Road so they at least have a Scottish team to watch every week rather than an English club they'll see once or twice.

The Spaceman
29-07-2019, 07:02 AM
The whole "you whurnae there to see Hibs in our last league cup group game, but went to watch Liverpool on the Sunday. You're an awful supporter" argument is absolutely tragic. Get a life.

scoopyboy
29-07-2019, 07:14 AM
I really enjoyed it and thought Napoli were excellent, Liverpool obviously missed their front three but I thought they put the effort in and it would have been a better spectacle if they were at full strength.

Happy that I got value for my money.

McSwanky
29-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Well Hearts who we have a comparable fan base and attendances managed two and half thousand more for less crucial game. We had higher attendances last season for similar games. There is no doubt Sunday's fun day out had an impact on the Alloa and Arbroath and the Newcastle games because the tickets are on top of seasons. If you pay to go the fun day at a multiple of what you pay at ER then some people because of their household budget will have cut out some if not all the ER games.Hold on, you're blaming a match at Murrayfield (a stone's throw away from Tynecastle) for Hearts getting a bigger crowd at their game than Hibs?

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

hibby rae
29-07-2019, 07:30 AM

Last season's games at this time of year were European fixtures, so not a great comparison. You should look at attendances for previous League Cup games in July if you want to make comparisons.

Personally, I went yesterday and didn't go to the Arbroath game. I decided instead to have a bbq in my garden after work. So Hibs lost my money to Scotmid. 😉

Hibernian Verse
29-07-2019, 07:39 AM
Enjoyed it. Particularly the atmosphere in the pubs pre & post match.

Only saw 5 Celtic tops as well :rolleyes:

calumhibee1
29-07-2019, 07:52 AM

We didn’t play similar games last year, we were in Europe and missed the LC groups?

We did however play a similar game, Arbroath, at home in the LC group in 2017. It doesn’t get any more similar than that. There was no glamour friendly in town that year and the attendance was 4856. The Alloa game this year was about 700 higher than that game and the Arbroath game this year about 70 lower.

Since452
29-07-2019, 07:54 AM
Wonder how many will be at tomorrows game. 7/8k would be decent

supermcginn
29-07-2019, 08:00 AM

What a lot of drivel lol. Chill out mate.

Sean1875
29-07-2019, 08:13 AM
Enjoyed it. Particularly the atmosphere in the pubs pre & post match.

Only saw 5 Celtic tops as well :rolleyes:

Think I saw about double that. Boy sitting next to me on the aisle had one on and the amount of folk walking past saying 'Hail hail mon the hoops' to him was giving me the heave - theres no creepier support base in the world :sick:

calumhibee1
29-07-2019, 08:16 AM
Wonder how many will be at tomorrows game. 7/8k would be decent

I just had a look at Newcastle’s squad as I could hardly name any players off the top of my head. To say I’m uninspired is an understatement :greengrin

I’d doubt many folk will be looking at this as any more glamorous than a normal friendly so I’m saying 5k.

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2019, 08:20 AM

So did no Hearts fan go to the Liverpool game yesterday as they went to Tynecastle last week instead? And in what way was their game less crucial?

In summation; you’re talking pish

Hibernian Verse
29-07-2019, 08:22 AM
Think I saw about double that. Boy sitting next to me on the aisle had one on and the amount of folk walking past saying 'Hail hail mon the hoops' to him was giving me the heave - theres no creepier support base in the world :sick:

To be fair I did see a Hibs top and a Hearts top too

Golden Bear
29-07-2019, 08:40 AM
I could afford to go to yesterday's game as it was something different and I now regret that I chose not to go.

I can afford to go tomorrow night's game but I'll choose not to go as I can't be bothered to make a round trip of 50 miles to what will be a meaningless friendly. I also question the wisdom of arranging a game like this a few days before the opening league game. Our pre season should have ended last Friday imo.

However ---------- I'm really looking forward to Saturday's opening fixture. I guess my thought process makes me a part timer though.

JimBHibees
29-07-2019, 08:59 AM
To be fair I did see a Hibs top and a Hearts top too

Also saw Rangers Ayr and Thistle tops. Enjoyed the day.

green&left
29-07-2019, 09:02 AM
I could afford to go to yesterday's game as it was something different and I now regret that I chose not to go.

I can afford to go tomorrow night's game but I'll choose not to go as I can't be bothered to make a round trip of 50 miles to what will be a meaningless friendly. I also question the wisdom of arranging a game like this a few days before the opening league game. Our pre season should have ended last Friday imo.

However ---------- I'm really looking forward to Saturday's opening fixture. I guess my thought process makes me a part timer though.

So your not going tomorrow cos it's a meaningless friendly, yet your regretting not being there yesterday for what was also a meaningless friendly? Strange.

Paisley Hibby
29-07-2019, 09:05 AM
The whole "you whurnae there to see Hibs in our last league cup group game, but went to watch Liverpool on the Sunday. You're an awful supporter" argument is absolutely tragic. Get a life.

I wonder if all the Hibs fans that went to see Real Madrid v Eintracht Frankfurt at Hampden in 1960 got the same hassle?

JimBHibees
29-07-2019, 09:07 AM
I just had a look at Newcastle’s squad as I could hardly name any players off the top of my head. To say I’m uninspired is an understatement :greengrin

I’d doubt many folk will be looking at this as any more glamorous than a normal friendly so I’m saying 5k.

This is their squad from Preston game and looks pretty strong to me.

Team: Woodman, Manquillo (Sterry 46), Dummett (Clark 46), Fernandez, Schar (Lascelles 46), Ritchie (Ki 46), M.Longstaff (S.Longstaff 46), Hayden (Colback 46), Shelvey (Murphy 46), Muto (Almiron 46), Aarons (Joelinton 46).
Subs n/u: Darlow, Watts, Cass, Allan, Sorensen.

Saw the very brief highlights and the new guy looked good. Strong quick good on the ball. Will be a decent test for us.

monarch
29-07-2019, 09:24 AM
I wonder if all the Hibs fans that went to see Real Madrid v Eintracht Frankfurt at Hampden in 1960 got the same hassle?

Probably not, considering that Real v Eintracht was a competitive European Cup Final and not a money grabbing glamourised training session.

we are hibs
29-07-2019, 09:46 AM
So your not going tomorrow cos it's a meaningless friendly, yet your regretting not being there yesterday for what was also a meaningless friendly? Strange.

Dont use logic. It confuses them

MWHIBBIES
29-07-2019, 10:31 AM

Heres the wisdom - Some guys haven't played since last Tuesday, some since last Saturday, they'd be 2 full weeks without a game going into the season opener, thats why we have a game this Tuesday. I'll be making the 82 mile round trip to watch us tomorrow :wink:

FilipinoHibs
29-07-2019, 10:40 AM
So did no Hearts fan go to the Liverpool game yesterday as they went to Tynecastle last week instead? And in what way was their game less crucial?

In summation; you’re talking pish

Hearts crucial game was against East Fife not Stenhousemuir. Ours was against Abroath. I would to see the new players developing and back the team in a crucial rather than the family picnic at Murrayfield. I put Hibs first not being overcharged for a flat friendly with nothing at stake where I have no emotional interest.

hibby rae
29-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Also saw Rangers Ayr and Thistle tops. Enjoyed the day.

I saw a Roma top, apparently Napoli have this biggest rivalry with them?

scoopyboy
29-07-2019, 10:58 AM
Probably not, considering that Real v Eintracht was a competitive European Cup Final and not a money grabbing glamourised training session.

I thought beforehand it may have turned out to be a glorified training session before I went, but the laddie wanted to go as well so I got two tickets.

I was pleasantly surprised how much effort both teams put in and IMO Liverpool wanted to win and never showed signs of going through the motions.

hibby rae
29-07-2019, 10:58 AM

Tbf he does point out that it was something different. Which it was. Who knows when the European champions will next be in town.

McSwanky
29-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Hearts crucial game was against East Fife not Stenhousemuir. Ours was against Abroath. I would to see the new players developing and back the team in a crucial rather than the family picnic at Murrayfield. I put Hibs first not being overcharged for a flat friendly with nothing at stake where I have no emotional interest.

Congratulations, you have reached the status of Uber Fan. You now have two choices:

1. Continue to berate people for not being as committed, dedicated, and all-round amazing super-fannish as you, or:
2. Let it go, and accept that some people like to spend their money in different ways to you.

The decision, as they say, is yours! :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
29-07-2019, 11:20 AM
I thought beforehand it may have turned out to be a glorified training session before I went, but the laddie wanted to go as well so I got two tickets.

I was pleasantly surprised how much effort both teams put in and IMO Liverpool wanted to win and never showed signs of going through the motions.

Agree was a decent watch given it was a friendly certainly no lack of effort from both. Napoli were good and moved the ball well though Liverpool looked leggy no doubt down to recent American trip. Think Klopp little afraid of putting too many young players on earlier however when they were on was probably their best part of the game imo.

Beefster
29-07-2019, 11:45 AM

To be honest, it was a pish picnic venue. I couldn’t even put my blanket down without the guy behind harumphing and putting his feet on it. I won’t even get started on the lack of artisan scotch eggs rolled by the thighs of a virgin.

The Spaceman
29-07-2019, 12:00 PM

Well done you, here's a medal :1:

Wish I was like you.

Hibernian Verse
29-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Well done you, here's a medal :1:

Wish I was like you.

Hope you enjoyed your family picnic, we should've met up and talked about how glad we were we went to Murrayfield instead of the Hibs game that must have been on yesterday.

neil7908
29-07-2019, 12:17 PM
We didn’t play similar games last year, we were in Europe and missed the LC groups?

We did however play a similar game, Arbroath, at home in the LC group in 2017. It doesn’t get any more similar than that. There was no glamour friendly in town that year and the attendance was 4856. The Alloa game this year was about 700 higher than that game and the Arbroath game this year about 70 lower.

Why bring statistics and logic into this when you can just have a moan at Hibs fans you've never met and have no evidence to back up your position?

calumhibee1
29-07-2019, 12:19 PM

You seem utterly convinced that a huge portion of the Hibs fans that went yesterday did so at the expense of going to a Hibs game? Every Hibs fan I know that was there yesterday is going to the Newcastle game on Tuesday and they’ve also been at the LC games. It’s not one or the other.

29-07-2019, 01:11 PM

calumhibee1
30-07-2019, 10:02 PM
And after all the posts about how there’d be nobody there tonight due to Sunday’s game.. the crowd was actually pretty decent.

Ringothedog
30-07-2019, 10:07 PM
And after all the posts about how there’d be nobody there tonight due to Sunday’s game.. the crowd was actually pretty decent.

FilipinoHibs
30-07-2019, 10:17 PM

Down to away end being full.

linlithgowhibbie
30-07-2019, 10:22 PM

But it wasn't, top tier only 1/3rd full, but a good 2500 Geordies there.

Since452
30-07-2019, 10:22 PM

And not the 10000 Hibs fans? Biggest turnout for a friendly i can remember

BoomtownHibees
30-07-2019, 10:37 PM

Wrong again

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2019, 12:17 AM
Wrong again

Looking at the attendances for comparable games for the home section cup ties of 17/18 and 19/20 they are pretty much in line. Despite no glamour game at Murrayfield in 2017/18. Also, there were nearly twice as many at last night's friendly against a major EPL side. I agree that the glamour game had no impact on gates or income. Clearly there is a hard core who will watch Hibs no matter what - I am one. The majority of support want to see top level games or meaningful games. The Cup knock out game against Morton I am sure will attract more than the two home section games. There are many among us who have no time for the EPL nevermind a meaningless friendly where several top players are missing. That is our choice as is those who choose to go to such games. Anyway on to Saturday for a game that really counts and here's to what we all hope will be a good season for us. GGTTH .

Frazerbob
31-07-2019, 12:37 AM

Full? 😂

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2019, 12:46 AM
Full? 😂

See previous post🙄

BoomtownHibees
31-07-2019, 06:57 AM
Looking at the attendances for comparable games for the home section cup ties of 17/18 and 19/20 they are pretty much in line. Despite no glamour game at Murrayfield in 2017/18. Also, there were nearly twice as many at last night's friendly against a major EPL side. I agree that the glamour game had no impact on gates or income. Clearly there is a hard core who will watch Hibs no matter what - I am one. The majority of support want to see top level games or meaningful games. The Cup knock out game against Morton I am sure will attract more than the two home section games. There are many among us who have no time for the EPL nevermind a meaningless friendly where several top players are missing. That is our choice as is those who choose to go to such games. Anyway on to Saturday for a game that really counts and here's to what we all hope will be a good season for us. GGTTH .

That’s all good and well however your previous post stated that the crowd was only as big as it was due to the “away end being full” which it quite clearly wasn’t and it should have been the 10k Hibs fans that were praised for turning up

calumhibee1
31-07-2019, 07:02 AM

The last bit is totally understandable about having no time for the EPL. I don’t care much for it either to be honest but I went on Sunday (and last night of course) and enjoyed it.

People took issue with the idea that Hibs fans were cheating Hibs out of money/fans by going to this game/taking kids to see the European Champions. Some posters were weirdly that pissed off about it that they were hoping all the Hibs fans going had a crap day. Which was shown to be as ridiculous as it sounded after last nights attendance.

JimBHibees
31-07-2019, 07:04 AM

Agree decent turnout for what was a very watchable game.

Frazerbob
31-07-2019, 07:04 AM
See previous post🙄

I see it. Doesn’t mention anything about you making up nonsense about the away end being full though.

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2019, 08:42 AM
I see it. Doesn’t mention anything about you making up nonsense about the away end being full though.

The post acknowledges a good turn out for Newcastle game. On my wee phone lying in bed in the remote north of the Philippines in the early hours of the morning I could not see the full upper tier of the South. It looked full from what I could see. I am asking for your forgiveness, understanding and mercy in this matter.

Allant1981
31-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Full? 😂

It wasnt far off being full

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2019, 09:54 AM

I demand an apology😀

Paisley Hibby
31-07-2019, 10:05 AM
That’s all good and well however your previous post stated that the crowd was only as big as it was due to the “away end being full” which it quite clearly wasn’t and it should have been the 10k Hibs fans that were praised for turning up

You don't get it, do you? Hibs.net is supposed to be a place to moan and moan and moan about Hibs. So don't give us any of these positive facts whatever you do. That's a slippery slope that could lead to happy clapping.

Frazerbob
31-07-2019, 10:16 AM

Just about 40% 😂

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Just about 40% 😂

Can we get picture evidence please. This is not the place for wild claims.

NAE NOOKIE
31-07-2019, 10:34 AM
Are we still talking about this? …. Its done now. The EPL fanboys have had their fix and if they are really lucky this will become a 'thing' and they will get to watch a game of proper football again next year, maybe Tottenham v Benfica or some such glamour friendly :aok:

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2019, 10:56 AM
Are we still talking about this? …. Its done now. The EPL fanboys have had their fix and if they are really lucky this will become a 'thing' and they will get to watch a game of proper football again next year, maybe Tottenham v Benfica or some such glamour friendly :aok:

Did you say Benfica are coming. Defo go to that. My mothers home team and my second favourite team. Do you think there will be special scarves. I can cheer the team bus in and pay over the odds. Oh I hear Harry Kane has called off already. Never mind it is still Spurs.

WeeRussell
31-07-2019, 11:24 AM
The post acknowledges a good turn out for Newcastle game. On my wee phone lying in bed in the remote north of the Philippines in the early hours of the morning I could not see the full upper tier of the South. It looked full from what I could see. I am asking for your forgiveness, understanding and mercy in this matter.

Does you being in the Philippines mean you won't be there to support the team for our crucial season-opener on Saturday?

Tut.

Allant1981
31-07-2019, 11:30 AM
Just about 40% 😂

Wont let me attach the screen shot but I'm sure there is a pic on the match thread clearly disputing that

Beefster
31-07-2019, 11:38 AM
Did you say Benfica are coming. Defo go to that. My mothers home team and my second favourite team. Do you think there will be special scarves. I can cheer the team bus in and pay over the odds. Oh I hear Harry Kane has called off already. Never mind it is still Spurs.

Take this in the spirit it’s intended - you don’t half spout some pish.

HibsGW
31-07-2019, 11:57 AM

I would be absolutely delighted to go and see Tottenham play Benfica in Edinburgh next summer, make it happen

FilipinoHibs
31-07-2019, 11:58 AM

It may be pish but unfortunately it will be reality or something close to it. I forgot we have no sense of humour here and don't do sarcasim or irony. We just insult people when faced with an argument. When the argument is lost the loser resorts to insults which are actually a self reflection of the insulter.

hibsbollah
31-07-2019, 12:06 PM
If this discussion was a political event it would be Brexit. Suez maybe.

PatHead
31-07-2019, 12:18 PM

He will still claim a hat trick though.

Frazerbob
31-07-2019, 10:36 PM
Wont let me attach the screen shot but I'm sure there is a pic on the match thread clearly disputing that

I’d say that’s about 60% full. I have a photo from the East the shows the area out of shot and it’s almost totally empty. Can’t load it up for some reason.

Anyway, does anyone really care now?

FilipinoHibs
02-08-2019, 02:50 AM
I’d say that’s about 60% full. I have a photo from the East the shows the area out of shot and it’s almost totally empty. Can’t load it up for some reason.

Anyway, does anyone really care now?

Evening News quoting 3000 Newcastle fans. So that would make it 77% full. But 300 likely to be a guess. So who knows or cares.

Brooster
02-08-2019, 07:33 AM
Evening News quoting 3000 Newcastle fans. So that would make it 77% full. But 300 likely to be a guess. So who knows or cares.

You obviously care because you keep going on about it. We got a very good crowd for what turned out to be a good game. In my opinion there was around 3k Geordies and circa 9.5k Hibbys. These are all positives to take from a very worthwhile exercise.

FilipinoHibs
02-08-2019, 07:40 AM
You obviously care because you keep going on about it. We got a very good crowd for what turned out to be a good game. In my opinion there was around 3k Geordies and circa 9.5k Hibbys. These are all positives to take from a very worthwhile exercise.

I am only labouring the point because I was accused of maki g stuff up. I explained it looked full on Hibs TV on a small phone. Those that claim only 60% full st Newcastle end are ones making studd up. I explained in my post it was a good turn out and a majority of Hibs do not have an appetite for less crucial games against lower league competition even if they are competitive.

Brooster
02-08-2019, 07:50 AM
I am only labouring the point because I was accused of maki g stuff up. I explained it looked full on Hibs TV on a small phone. Those that claim only 60% full st Newcastle end are ones making studd up. I explained in my post it was a good turn out and a majority of Hibs do not have an appetite for less crucial games against lower league competition even if they are competitive.

An accusation which has correctly been proved to be true. You did make it up and you were wrong. I'll leave it at that.