PDA

View Full Version : Gael Bigirimana

Northernhibee
04-06-2019, 04:45 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/gael-bigirimana-hibs-paul-heckingbottom-is-the-best-man-manager-i-ve-ever-had-1-4940137

Incredible that a player who couldn't even make the bench for Hecky speaks so highly of him as a manager. We're onto a winner here.

Since452
04-06-2019, 05:10 PM
Good to hear

1van Sprou7e
04-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Find it weird he never got a chance but I guess he sums things up quite well

Seems to be a pretty switched on guy in any case, hope he finds a good club to go to

basehibby
04-06-2019, 10:01 PM
I felt for Biggi a bit because the only game I saw him play he made a great contribution and looked like he could have done a job for us. The arrival of Omeonga who was probably our player of the 2nd half of the season though - that was the main reason he didn't get a sniff, together with both Mallan and Milligan putting together some great runs of form.

i wish him all the best - he looks well worth a good bit more game time at this level.

Pretty Boy
05-06-2019, 06:41 AM
I liked the look of him in his cameo albeit we were so poor that day a guy managing to complete a few 5 yard passes probably stood out more than he should have.

I suppose the fact he didn't even make the bench for a couple of months says it all though. Good luck to him in the future, seems a decent lad in that interview with a good attitude.

Blaster
05-06-2019, 07:13 AM
I had heard we offered him a 2.5 year deal in January but he only wanted a loan till end of the season as he wanted to go down south

SquashedFrogg
05-06-2019, 07:42 AM
I had heard we offered him a 2.5 year deal in January but he only wanted a loan till end of the season as he wanted to go down south

Not doubting what you heard mate but I'd be surprised if we offered him that length of deal when we were in the middle of recruiting a new manager.

A decent wee player but that's a big commitment considering he was aquired at the last minute before deadline.

Blaster
05-06-2019, 07:46 AM
Not doubting what you heard mate but I'd be surprised if we offered him that length of deal when we were in the middle of recruiting a new manager.

A decent wee player but that's a big commitment considering he was aquired at the last minute before deadline.

I agree mate. Unless discussions had happened earlier

SquashedFrogg
05-06-2019, 07:47 AM

Fair point.

bigwheel
05-06-2019, 09:25 AM

doubt it though - we were trying to get one of their centre halfs , and when that broke down asked about Bigi...seemed quite a last minute thing...

Hibbee13
07-06-2019, 03:41 PM

I know him quite well and this is actually half true. He was a target for hibs earlier on than most people know but only signed 6 months because he wanted to make sure he didn't sign at another club that didn't play him. If he played he would have extended if not he had a few offers down south.

SquashedFrogg
07-06-2019, 03:47 PM
I know him quite well and this is actually half true. He was a target for hibs earlier on than most people know but only signed 6 months because he wanted to make sure he didn't sign at another club that didn't play him. If he played he would have extended if not he had a few offers down south.

Seems fair enough. Obviously values playing more than simply collecting a wage which is very admirable. Wish him well and look forward to seeing where he ends up and how he gets on.