PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Next Killie Manager

LancsHibs
04-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Ian Holloway has stated that he wants the job. Would be an interesting addition to the SPFL

Michael
04-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Would be great entertainment - he's brilliant at interviews.

Iggy Pope
04-06-2019, 03:51 PM
I know it sounds odd but I hope Killie set their sights higher. Holloway is good entertainment but how long out of the game and into a third placed club in the SPL....?

Renfrew_Hibby
04-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Would be a bit of a gimmick imo. Would he walk into a decent job in England? Probably not so why should he walk into a to job in Scotland.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2019, 04:07 PM
A character amongst the lower leagues down here, and not all bad, but running out of options so if he can't make the break from football management maybe fancies rolling the dice in Scotland?

If I was a Killie fan I'd be hoping for a continuation of the progress they've made rather than this one, but who knows.

Here’s Lucy!
04-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Kris Boyd?

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Kris Boyd?
Hun tosser tried and failed before Clarke. They won't go down that route again.

Bostonhibby
04-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Hun tosser tried and failed before Clarke. They won't go down that route again.Agree, other hun tossers are available.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
05-06-2019, 04:08 PM
I know it sounds odd but I hope Killie set their sights higher. Holloway is good entertainment but how long out of the game and into a third placed club in the SPL....?

Only a year out the game, hardly unusual

And he's done well with a couple of clubs in England, Killie may have done well under Clarke but be realistic, they won't get a manager of his caliber again

worcesterhibby
05-06-2019, 04:10 PM
That would be good for the game in my opinion, good guy.

iwasthere1972
05-06-2019, 04:14 PM
Where's Warburton? He could rub some magic on the team and win a cup. Ally McCoist would eat all the pies so he won't get it.

we are hibs
05-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Simon Grayson is the 8/13 favourite on skybet. He was linked with us when Lennon left.

Since452
05-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Killie will be a very attractive job. Excellent group of players all under contract and in Europe. Gone are the days of having to take a punt on the likes of McCulloch. Not only did Clarke completely transform them he left them in an extremely healthy position too. Incredible.

hfc rd
05-06-2019, 05:06 PM
Where's Warburton? He could rub some magic on the team and win a cup. Ally McCoist would eat all the pies so he won't get it.

The bread man is at QPR

A Killie pie with Warburton’s bread? 🤔

The 90+2
05-06-2019, 05:12 PM
A character amongst the lower leagues down here, and not all bad, but running out of options so if he can't make the break from football management maybe fancies rolling the dice in Scotland?

If I was a Killie fan I'd be hoping for a continuation of the progress they've made rather than this one, but who knows.

Similar to Warnock but likes actual football to be played in his teams.

I’ve been told to stick on money for Simon Grayson.

The 90+2
05-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Holloway has done more in football management than the majority of managers in this country.

Since when did Stevie Clarke turn around Killie from hiring Billy Broon Gary Locke and Elbows McCulloch to Di Matteo and Holloway wanting it? 😂😂

Hibby70
05-06-2019, 05:54 PM
I'd be surprised if Gary Holt wasn't in for it.

Robbo6-2
05-06-2019, 06:55 PM
Jim Goodwin

Brightside
05-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Gary Holt has deffo been asked.

Billy Whizz
05-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Similar to Warnock but likes actual football to be played in his teams.

I’ve been told to stick on money for Simon Grayson.

Has he not been sacked at most jobs he’s been managing at?

Iggy Pope
05-06-2019, 07:29 PM
Only a year out the game, hardly unusual

And he's done well with a couple of clubs in England, Killie may have done well under Clarke but be realistic, they won't get a manager of his caliber again

Not sure of the pattern but wouldn't it be a year out of the game after a fair bit of deterioration at a few clubs prior to that? Thats why he's out of a job. He's past it. Bad news if he got a job at any top 6 Scottish club now even if he is a laugh.

Sylar
05-06-2019, 07:34 PM
Holt would be a great shout - he had Livi playing some good football at times this season, and was instrumental in their survival.

Given that Livi have lost Halkett, Gallagher and are about to lose Liam Kelly too, it might not be a terrible move for him. Guaranteed to go down next season IMO.

Smartie
05-06-2019, 08:48 PM

Did very well at Preston.

Made a mistake leaving them to join Sunderland, where he was the first manager to be there with them being a genuine basket case. He did some absolutely appalling transfer business in his short time there, albeit he was operating with both hands tied behind his back.

iwasthere1972
05-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Simon Grayson is the 8/13 favourite on skybet. He was linked with us when Lennon left.

Shut that door.

Paloschi
05-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Simon Grayson would be an awful appointment. I think Gary Holt is the strongest candidate. They could approach Motherwell for Robinson.

angus hibby
05-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Di Matteo was favourite a week or so ago.

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-06-2019, 09:24 PM
Di Matteo was favourite a week or so ago.

Was just looking at the betting just before coming on to this thread.

Skybet have him 2nd and Darren Moore 3rd favourites. Granted it's just the bookies but that's 2 managers that have had relative success down south and are linked to the killie post

Testament to our game and shows how it's on the rise. Big names want to come here and manage.

Mibbes Aye
05-06-2019, 10:32 PM

That Irish Sea can conjure up some cold winds for Ayrshire folk.

If Warburton was to get it I hope he had some protective headgear.

The 90+2
05-06-2019, 10:38 PM

Eventually guiding teams to the prem promotions and away from relegations though. Holloway is a class manager when you look at the normal people quoted.

Bostonhibby
05-06-2019, 10:39 PM
That Irish Sea can conjure up some cold winds for Ayrshire folk.

If Warburton was to get it I hope he had some protective headgear.When I seen warburton being mentioned I thought I'd strayed into the Hibs doormat thread by mistake.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk