PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: FF EXEC/FF LOWER SEASON TICKETS

RSS Bot
04-06-2019, 12:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10015)

Ringothedog
04-06-2019, 01:10 PM
What are the changes(apart from price) being made?

Onceinawhile
04-06-2019, 01:34 PM
What are the changes(apart from price) being made?

Groups without a child ticket have been asked to vacate the FF lower.

Ringothedog
04-06-2019, 02:49 PM

Sounds fair to me

Mikey
04-06-2019, 02:54 PM

I wonder how successful that will be. It's obvious that there are groups of adults near us, and a lot of empty seats nearly every week, and shifting them out might help get more families in there.

I believe the FF Lower concourse will be much more family friendly next season with lots of things for kids to do before kick off.

Iggy Pope
04-06-2019, 02:59 PM
Sounds fair to me

Not so fair on pensioners some of whom don’t get about so easily, who have sat there for years and now have to move. It’s a crying shame and I know that the club have lost long term ticket holders because of it. If you think it looked sparsely populated on occasion this past season I’ve no doubt it will look worse next season.

The need for ‘family seating’ escapes me. Kids can sit anywhere in the stadium with their folks and often do.

Itsnoteasy
04-06-2019, 08:06 PM
I wonder how successful that will be. It's obvious that there are groups of adults near us, and a lot of empty seats nearly every week, and shifting them out might help get more families in there.

I believe the FF Lower concourse will be much more family friendly next season with lots of things for kids to do before kick off.

What makes you think it will be more family friendly next season. It's been a family friendly section for long enough without any entertainment thrown in.

PatHead
04-06-2019, 08:36 PM
What makes you think it will be more family friendly next season. It's been a family friendly section for long enough without any entertainment thrown in.

The Concourse is being done up. Will be much more attractive for youngsters.

GreenCastle
04-06-2019, 08:41 PM
The seats need replaced - they are really in a bad state.

Nicho87
04-06-2019, 08:47 PM
What if no families with kids want to take the leftover seats?

Onceinawhile
04-06-2019, 08:58 PM
At the very least there's a football pool area going in to the ff lower concourse.

Keith_M
05-06-2019, 11:52 AM

I don't see that scenario happening.

I've been hoping to get seats for a small group with kids in there for a while. I'd imagine there's others in the same boat.

CapitalGreen
05-06-2019, 12:00 PM

Good to hear and not before time.

Leith Green
05-06-2019, 01:29 PM
Good to hear and not before time.

Makes you wonder how difficult it would be for the club to do the same to accommodate a new singing section in the east stand. The argument from some on here has been about it not being fair on long standing season ticket holders. Dont see how this is any different to be honest

Brightside
05-06-2019, 01:33 PM
So we are putting in bouncy castles behind the goals?! I’m a bit lost with all this. Since when did kids expect some sort of crèche at a game. As a young kid you just sit with your parents and learn to love the game. It’s all getting a bit silly.

PatHead
05-06-2019, 01:35 PM
Makes you wonder how difficult it would be for the club to do the same to accommodate a new singing section in the east stand. The argument from some on here has been about it not being fair on long standing season ticket holders. Dont see how this is any different to be honest
The Famous Five lower has been the family section since it was built. The people keeping their seats since their children have grown up are effectively blocking seats for the next generation and are therefore not entitled to renew.

At least that is the rationale for the changes.

Aim Here
05-06-2019, 01:56 PM

I'm under the impression that the reason for this change is that there ARE families with kids who can't get seats in the FF lower.

My_Wife_Camille
05-06-2019, 02:04 PM
So we are putting in bouncy castles behind the goals?! I’m a bit lost with all this. Since when did kids expect some sort of crèche at a game. As a young kid you just sit with your parents and learn to love the game. It’s all getting a bit silly.
When you were a young kid the football didn’t have smartphones, iPads, online gaming and other popular distractions to compete with though.

Times change and we need to change with them.

Onceinawhile
05-06-2019, 02:05 PM

Thread after thread on here has people moaning about the match day experience.

Hibs try and fix that for a certain demographic and someone complains about it!

SMAXXA
05-06-2019, 02:13 PM

Spot on

SMAXXA
05-06-2019, 02:14 PM
When you were a young kid the football didn’t have smartphones, iPads, online gaming and other popular distractions to compete with though.

Times change and we need to change with them.

Spot on

Mikey
05-06-2019, 02:43 PM
The Famous Five lower has been the family section since it was built. The people keeping their seats since their children have grown up are effectively blocking seats for the next generation and are therefore not entitled to renew.

Do you know if it's freed up a lot of seats?

Billy Whizz
05-06-2019, 02:48 PM

Find out next week

Brightside
05-06-2019, 03:07 PM

I just don’t understand it. Are we saying we have to create entertainment for the kids coz they don’t watch the game?! I see kids around me on their phones but now the club is going to create some other features.

CapitalGreen
05-06-2019, 03:13 PM
I just don’t understand it. Are we saying we have to create entertainment for the kids coz they don’t watch the game?! I see kids around me on their phones but now the club is going to create some other features.

There is enhancements to the match day experience for adults such as Behind the Goals and the Gallery restaurant.

What's wrong with the club putting in place some things to help enhance the match day experience for our younger fans.

The more someone (both young and old) enjoys their day at the football, the more likely they are to return again for the next game.

The 90+2
05-06-2019, 03:29 PM
Cartoon Network instead of Soccer Saturday?

The 90+2
05-06-2019, 03:30 PM
There is enhancements to the match day experience for adults such as Behind the Goals and the Gallery restaurant.

What's wrong with the club putting in place some things to help enhance the match day experience for our younger fans.

The more someone (both young and old) enjoys their day at the football, the more likely they are to return again for the next game.

It’s all well doing that but if they are still going to charge extortionate prices for a pizza or chicken nuggets or £2 a Ribena it’s not going to help much.

The 90+2
05-06-2019, 03:31 PM

Probably more to do with stuff to interact the club with younger fans before kickoff like guess the player picture colouring or something. I don’t expect dodgems and circus clowns.

Since90+2
05-06-2019, 03:54 PM

Behind the Goals is already aimed at families primarily in my experience. It's where folk who have kids can go before the game and get a pint.

The gallery restaurant is hospitality so I would argue it's not really adding anything to your average punters match day experience.

A decent supporters bar that folk can go before and pre match and have a scran and a decent pint is something I think alot of fans would appreciate and utilize.

The 90+2
05-06-2019, 04:01 PM
Behind the Goals is already aimed at families primarily in my experience. It's where folk who have kids can go before the game and get a pint.

The gallery restaurant is hospitality so I would argue it's not really adding anything to your average punters match day experience.

A decent supporters bar that folk can go before and pre match and have a scran and a decent pint is something I think alot of fans would appreciate and utilize.

If they are going to do so it should be aimed to be built at the towards the end of the season and possibly pilot having it open for the Euros next year too. Hibs/football themed quiz machine/Duke Box/music player with classic matches on in the background or Hibs tv interviews would be splendid.

Get some WiFi in place with an option to purchase happy Hibee half times through your account would be something to look at too.

BILLYHIBS
05-06-2019, 04:08 PM
If they are going to do so it should be aimed to be built at the towards the end of the season and possibly pilot having it open for the Euros next year too. Hibs/football themed quiz machine/Duke Box/music player with classic matches on in the background or Hibs tv interviews would be splendid.

Get some WiFi in place with an option to purchase happy Hibee half times through your account would be something to look at too.

WiFi?

Now your talking!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-06-2019, 04:18 PM

I dont know about others, but unused to spend most of the time at fitba as a youngster running around playing dig on the retracing, playing fitba with a bottle top on the east terrace concourse (next to the old programme stand), or sometimes just rolling rocks down the back of the cowshed / terracing, or dipping under that weird wee gap they had under the fence between terracing and cowshed (I presume that was meant to be a safety thing?!

I didn't really watch the match, and often couldnt see even when I did want to.

This is just a 21st century version of that.

Iggy Pope
05-06-2019, 07:38 PM

It was never once an exclusive Family Stand so that's wrong. It remains attractive to people who struggle with stairs and have sat there for a long time. What's not family about an 80 year old choosing to keep their seat there for ****s,sake.
There is no queue of kids,waiting on seats anywhere in Easter Road.

Iggy Pope
05-06-2019, 07:45 PM
I don't see that scenario happening.

I've been hoping to get seats for a small group with kids in there for a while. I'd imagine there's others in the same boat.

I'm truly surprised to hear any family weren't able to get season seats together in there. How many family members are you talking about? I've had a family of three booted out there now and all over the age of 75, one uses a walking frame.

PatHead
05-06-2019, 07:47 PM

I honestly don't know.

PatHead
05-06-2019, 07:56 PM
It was never once an exclusive Family Stand so that's wrong. It remains attractive to people who struggle with stairs and have sat there for a long time. What's not family about an 80 year old choosing to keep their seat there for ****s,sake.
There is no queue of kids,waiting on seats anywhere in Easter Road.

You are wrong on both counts. It always has been a family stand hence the cheaper tickets for children and there is a number of families who would like to move there.

It is unfortunate that elderly supporters are having to move but the bottom line is that they should not have been there in first place.

Iggy Pope
05-06-2019, 07:59 PM

Here's one for you. I know an old fellah who stood in the cow shed with his brother religiously. Thick thin and thinner 60s, 70s, 80s.
They purchased season tickets in the new North from the start.
His brother died a number of years ago. He continues to buy his brothers season ticket in his memory and let's other family, all Hibbies, use it. He's been doing this all through the lean years when you couldn't give a seat away and our club was being throttled. Even the club tried giving them away, bring a pal and stuff.

He's not renewed and is getting nothing back after enquiries to the club he loves and who who plainly don't care much about his story.

Iggy Pope
05-06-2019, 08:04 PM
You are wrong on both counts. It always has been a family stand hence the cheaper tickets for children and there is a number of families who would like to move there.

It is unfortunate that elderly supporters are having to move but the bottom line is that they should not have been there in first place.

I'm not. Anyone and anybody could have bought a seat in the lower North close to past 25 odd years and it's fact that the club happily sold them. You didn't need kids with you, never have. I've posted an anecdote above. I'm right on both counts. Option for those with kids? Yes. Exclusively? Never so.

Keith_M
06-06-2019, 07:49 PM

Aye, they should be seen and not heard. Give them Bread and Water and they should be grateful for it.

Keith_M
06-06-2019, 07:51 PM
I'm truly surprised to hear any family weren't able to get season seats together in there. How many family members are you talking about? I've had a family of three booted out there now and all over the age of 75, one uses a walking frame.

Wow, you really have a bee in your bonnet.

Have a Horlicks and calm doon.

Juniper Greens
06-06-2019, 08:05 PM
I'm not. Anyone and anybody could have bought a seat in the lower North close to past 25 odd years and it's fact that the club happily sold them. You didn't need kids with you, never have. I've posted an anecdote above. I'm right on both counts. Option for those with kids? Yes. Exclusively? Never so.

Apart from 2010 until the start of 2013, I believe the Famous Five Lower has always been called the "Family Stand"
I think they tried to introduce families everywhere in the in-between times, but saw child attendance fall quite a bit.
Hopefully now Hibs are properly implementing the Family section, we will see a further uptake in youngsters attending.
I caught the Hibs but at a very young age, thanks to being lifted over half the time, would hate to think that some youngsters don't have access to the cheaper tickets because groups of adults are taking all the space, meaning those reductions go to waste (as the cheaper seats can't be purchased elsewhere)
I feel for those affected, but Hibs have been saying for a couple of years now that something like this would happen, and are giving affected parties priority seat moves

derekduval
06-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Here's one for you. I know an old fellah who stood in the cow shed with his brother religiously. Thick thin and thinner 60s, 70s, 80s.
His brother died a number of years ago. He continues to buy his brothers season ticket in his memory and let's other family, all Hibbies, use it. He's been doing this all through the lean years when you couldn't give a seat away and our club was being throttled. Even the club tried giving them away, bring a pal and stuff.

He's not renewed and is getting nothing back after enquiries to the club he loves and who who plainly don't care much about his story.

Assuming it’s a concession ticket is this not what the club are trying to stop. People buying concession tickets and then other people using them even if they are upgraded.

WhileTheChief..
06-06-2019, 08:51 PM

That’s just horrible the way he’s been treated.

He should get a heartfelt apology, a free season ticket and get to choose any damn seat he likes.

Keith_M
07-06-2019, 01:38 PM
That’s just horrible the way he’s been treated.

He should get a heartfelt apology, a free season ticket and get to choose any damn seat he likes.

I think the message from the club is that anybody having to move out of the FF Lower because of the new rules will have their (exclusive) pick of available seats for four days. There's still 2,000 people not yet renewed, so I'd imagine that there's some decent seats he could move to.

It's still quite sad, though, that he has to move if he really likes where he's currently sitting.

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2019, 01:43 PM

Sounds about par for the course

We are just numbers now not supporters that have followed the club through the generations through thick and thin dating back to the ninteenth century

It is now all about money and corporate finance

Gone are the days when Dougie Crombe would open up the old club shop for you and let you have a look around

An absolute disgrace!

The 90+2
07-06-2019, 01:57 PM

No they couldn’t. I had a season ticket there until 2002 from 1999 and it was exclusively to children under 15 and adults who bought one had to be with a child under 15. I had to move when 16 when my wee brother didn’t want to go anymore so I had no “child” to sit beside.

Not that I’m arguing in any way the pensioner in this circumstance should hopefully be rehoused with as easy access to the ff Lower but I think it only became a little more say adult friendly when the old east got taken down (that I also had to move from god-dammit 😁)

The 90+2
07-06-2019, 01:59 PM

We are just numbers now not supporters that have followed the club through the generations through thick and thin dating back to the ninteenth century

Gone are the days when Dougie Crombe would open up the old club shop for you and let you have a look around

An absolute disgrace!

I wouldn’t say that at all Billy.

From 2008-2015 say the club couldn’t give a ***** I would agree but a lot of hard work is going on by the club to make it most fan orientated once again. Before it just felt like a number than can be replaced now it’s a lot more people friendly.

The 90+2
07-06-2019, 02:01 PM

Iggy, could the solution not to be for your friend to swap the other season ticket to a junior concession, say one of the family and then he won’t have to move at all?

BILLYHIBS
07-06-2019, 02:07 PM
I wouldn’t say that at all Billy.

From 2008-2015 say the club couldn’t give a ***** I would agree but a lot of hard work is going on by the club to make it most fan orientated once again. Before it just felt like a number than can be replaced now it’s a lot more people friendly.
Good to hear

Going down to change my seat on Tuesday

Will let you know how cheery they are 😁

The 90+2
07-06-2019, 02:11 PM
Good to hear

Good man 👍

Brightside
07-06-2019, 02:27 PM
Aye, they should be seen and not heard. Give them Bread and Water and they should be grateful for it.

Or maybe just encourage them to learn about football?!

PaulSmith
07-06-2019, 06:11 PM
Hibs have been very vocal in publishing the exclusive period for those impacted and indeed have given the name of the specific person in the club whom impacted supporters should contact.

I get the frustration but suggest that anyone impacted who wants to support Hibs next season, albeit in another seat, simply makes contact and goes through the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keith_M
08-06-2019, 08:52 AM
Good to hear

There's a couple of decent seats near the back of section 2 that'll be available. You'll be surrounded by ex players, often including Tony Higgins, Keith Wright and Mickey Weir

tamig
08-06-2019, 09:47 AM

Adults could buy tickets for the FF Lower when it originally opened. There were no rules saying “unless accompanied by a child” but its always been targetted at family groups. For years and years. There is obviously a demand for seats in there. Otherwise why would the club be doing this? Your story about the old boy who’s brother had died was very sad. Has anyone been in touch with Leeann from the family?

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2019, 09:52 AM
There's a couple of decent seats near the back of section 2 that'll be available. You'll be surrounded by ex players, often including Tony Higgins, Keith Wright and Mickey Weir

Ha Ha !

Sit there just now just along from Ralph Callachan

Trying to get more central

Phoned the TO asking for Centre Stand but as all Corporate was told to bolt

I do not fancy paying for a three course meal and 8 pints of HIBS ale every time we have a home game

:partyhibb

Mikey
10-06-2019, 09:15 AM
We got our seat move within the FF Lower this morning. We're now more central and near the back.

If nothing else it takes us away from the firing line when the players are doing shooting practice before the game. Those were dangerous seats!

Onceinawhile
10-06-2019, 09:21 AM
We got our seat move within the FF Lower this morning. We're now more central and near the back.

If nothing else it takes us away from the firing line when the players are doing shooting practice before the game. Those were dangerous seats!

Mikey, you must have say pretty near where I do!

I thought the move was only for people who fell in to the two groups mentioned, so I've done nothing about moving (wanted to do the same as you).

Have I missed the first couple days of relocation already?

Hermit Crab
10-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Mikey, you must have say pretty near where I do!

I thought the move was only for people who fell in to the two groups mentioned, so I've done nothing about moving (wanted to do the same as you).

Have I missed the first couple days of relocation already?

FROM THE FISHY SITE

The Hibernian Ticket Office will be closed to the general public on Saturday 8 June and Monday 10 June to prioritise the movement of supporters impacted by changes in the Famous Five Lower and Executive Seating areas.
Supporters in these areas have been impacted by changes in these areas and have a priority period in which they are able to move seats. The Hibernian Ticket Office will be working exclusively on these moves on Saturday 8 June and Monday 10 June to ensure the process is as smooth as possible.
Please note to qualify for the exclusive window these supporters must have renewed for next season by 5pm on Friday in a different section of the ground. Season Tickets are currently off-sale to ease the process for supporters in the affected areas to move seats.
Supporters who qualify for the exclusive window must have purchased a Season Ticket for the 2019/20 campaign in a different area of the ground ahead of the seat release deadline.
Supporters who have already done so should have had correspondence from the Ticket Office inviting them to Easter Road on Saturday or Monday to be shown the available seating. If you have not had any information about this please contact Aidan (agorman@hibernianfc.co.uk) as soon as possible.
Should you be unable to attend we can arrange a call or email discussion to facilitate the choosing of new seats.
All other Season Ticket holders looking to move seats will only be able to do so from 12pm on Tuesday 11 June, ideally in person, if not by phone.
Season Tickets will also be put back on sale at 12pm on Tuesday.

Onceinawhile
10-06-2019, 09:51 AM
FROM THE FISHY SITE

The Hibernian Ticket Office will be closed to the general public on Saturday 8 June and Monday 10 June to prioritise the movement of supporters impacted by changes in the Famous Five Lower and Executive Seating areas.
Supporters in these areas have been impacted by changes in these areas and have a priority period in which they are able to move seats. The Hibernian Ticket Office will be working exclusively on these moves on Saturday 8 June and Monday 10 June to ensure the process is as smooth as possible.
Please note to qualify for the exclusive window these supporters must have renewed for next season by 5pm on Friday in a different section of the ground. Season Tickets are currently off-sale to ease the process for supporters in the affected areas to move seats.
Supporters who qualify for the exclusive window must have purchased a Season Ticket for the 2019/20 campaign in a different area of the ground ahead of the seat release deadline.
Supporters who have already done so should have had correspondence from the Ticket Office inviting them to Easter Road on Saturday or Monday to be shown the available seating. If you have not had any information about this please contact Aidan (agorman@hibernianfc.co.uk) as soon as possible.
Should you be unable to attend we can arrange a call or email discussion to facilitate the choosing of new seats.
All other Season Ticket holders looking to move seats will only be able to do so from 12pm on Tuesday 11 June, ideally in person, if not by phone.
Season Tickets will also be put back on sale at 12pm on Tuesday.

Perfect thanks :thumbsup:. That's what I thought, but Mikey's post about being able to move had surprised me.

Alex Trager
10-06-2019, 09:52 AM
It’s all well doing that but if they are still going to charge extortionate prices for a pizza or chicken nuggets or £2 a Ribena it’s not going to help much.

Take your own ribena in

Kojock
10-06-2019, 09:54 AM
Wait till a few kids get whacked by a ball during the warm up, they will soon want to move to another part of the ground lol

Hermit Crab
10-06-2019, 09:56 AM

This will probably will be an unpopular opinion but I think the family stand should not have any of the usual pies, pizza, chips, crisps and sweets etc. Should be healthy options only in the family sections, or at the very least have healthy options available if there is not any already.

Iggy Pope
10-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Assuming it’s a concession ticket is this not what the club are trying to stop. People buying concession tickets and then other people using them even if they are upgraded.

It’s a concession ticket as he’s a pensioner, I take your point. I still see OAPs being punted out of that stand for no reason.

Iggy Pope
10-06-2019, 11:25 AM
No they couldn’t. I had a season ticket there until 2002 from 1999 and it was exclusively to children under 15 and adults who bought one had to be with a child under 15. I had to move when 16 when my wee brother didn’t want to go anymore so I had no “child” to sit beside.

Not that I’m arguing in any way the pensioner in this circumstance should hopefully be rehoused with as easy access to the ff Lower but I think it only became a little more say adult friendly when the old east got taken down (that I also had to move from god-dammit 😁)

Trust me, anyone could have bought a seat in the FF Lower. My mother in law is no kid and has sat there for years without a kid even if she treats me like one.

Iggy Pope
10-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Iggy, could the solution not to be for your friend to swap the other season ticket to a junior concession, say one of the family and then he won’t have to move at all?

He’s done with it if I’m honest.

CapitalGreen
10-06-2019, 11:27 AM
It’s a concession ticket as he’s a pensioner, I take your point. I still see OAPs being punted out of that stand for no reason.

There is a reason and it has been discussed at length. Whether people agree or disagree with the reason is a different conversation but there is a reason.

Iggy Pope
10-06-2019, 11:31 AM
Hibs have been very vocal in publishing the exclusive period for those impacted and indeed have given the name of the specific person in the club whom impacted supporters should contact.

I get the frustration but suggest that anyone impacted who wants to support Hibs next season, albeit in another seat, simply makes contact and goes through the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The club did all this but have failed in their role to explain to the individuals involved. Not everyone lives in the internet.
The communications have been dire.

I see no reason at for emptying long standing OAP season ticket holders out of their long held seats. No reason at all. Why the club are content to lose any ST holder never mind one tied to the club for decades is saddening.

Iggy Pope
10-06-2019, 11:32 AM
There is a reason and it has been discussed at length. Whether people agree or disagree with the reason is a different conversation but there is a reason.

I don’t see the reason. I’m still discussing it at length if that’s ok fellah.

The 90+2
10-06-2019, 11:35 AM
He’s done with it if I’m honest.

Not good at all mate.

The 90+2
10-06-2019, 11:35 AM
Trust me, anyone could have bought a seat in the FF Lower. My mother in law is no kid and has sat there for years without a kid even if she treats me like one.

No bother, I do trust you so apologies!

My_Wife_Camille
10-06-2019, 11:39 AM
Exactly this. It's like saying the pensioner in question is giving up his season ticket for no reason imo

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2019, 11:57 AM

An absolute disgrace!

I wouldn't go so far as that mate. IMO the club have worked hard over the last 4 years to achieve a balancing act between what they need to do to finance the club and still foster positive fan engagement. … Nobody is pretending they always get it right though.

On that note. I just don't get the decision re the FF 'executive seats' and IMO the club have got this wrong … in the grand scheme of things the extra money doing this will bring in must be extremely small beer and given that I don't see how its worth pissing off long standing ST holders to do it. I'm willing to guess the executive seats take up more room than ordinary ones and we would probably be better served ripping them out and fitting in a couple of dozen more green seats.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it will be interesting to see how popular the more expensive executive seats are this season and more pertinently how much 'extra' money was generated … A question the club should be asked to answer honestly once the 19/20 season is over.

kennedy
10-06-2019, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't go so far as that mate. IMO the club have worked hard over the last 4 years to achieve a balancing act between what they need to do to finance the club and still foster positive fan engagement. … Nobody is pretending they always get it right though.

On that note. I just don't get the decision re the FF 'executive seats' and IMO the club have got this wrong … in the grand scheme of things the extra money doing this will bring in must be extremely small beer and given that I don't see how its worth pissing off long standing ST holders to do it. I'm willing to guess the executive seats take up more room than ordinary ones and we would probably be better served ripping them out and fitting in a couple of dozen more green seats.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it will be interesting to see how popular the more expensive executive seats are this season and more pertinently how much 'extra' money was generated … A question the club should be asked to answer honestly once the 19/20 season is over.

Regarding the FF Upper executive seating, I previously suggested as you said that they just ripped out the comfy seats, replaced with plastic ones and kept the price the same, never got a reply. Just wonder if they will now check season ticket holders in this section ensuring they have paid to sit there as I have already witnessed in previous seasons supporters just sitting in any vacant seats. You are also correct, I think they will lose money and just caused themselves and supporters a lot of extra hassle having to move seats. Will wait until lunch time tomorrow to see how many vacant seats there will be in section 50.

BILLYHIBS
10-06-2019, 04:07 PM
So I suppose this means there is no chance of the Singing Section getting moved to the FF lower then? 😁

hibbyfraelibby
10-06-2019, 04:11 PM
So I suppose this means there is no chance of the Singing Section getting moved to the FF lower then? 😁

Singing section to be relocated from FF Upper to the Albert Hall due to improved accoustics...you heard it here first.

Aim Here
10-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Regarding the FF Upper executive seating, I previously suggested as you said that they just ripped out the comfy seats, replaced with plastic ones and kept the price the same, never got a reply. Just wonder if they will now check season ticket holders in this section ensuring they have paid to sit there as I have already witnessed in previous seasons supporters just sitting in any vacant seats. You are also correct, I think they will lose money and just caused themselves and supporters a lot of extra hassle having to move seats. Will wait until lunch time tomorrow to see how many vacant seats there will be in section 50.

If the section 50 ST holders have just moved to the cheaper plastic seats elsewhere, then Hibs aren't losing money by the price hike, even if folk from neighbouring stands decide to move to a vacant S50 seat on match day. It's only if they don't renew at all that there's a loss. One normal price S50 ticket last year will translate to a normal price ticket elsewhere in the stadium this year. And of course, empty space in the section will be filled by walkups for category A matches, barring the season turning into a severe disappointment halfway through. There's no need to police the situation unless someone unilaterally moves to a comfy seat and decides to be an arse about it when challenged by someone who has a ticket for the seat in question.

Given that the ST renewal rate is roughly the same as last year (slightly lower, but that can also be explained by poorer results last season, or by the changes to FF lower), I don't see Hibs as losing money with the higher pricing for the comfy seats.