PDA

View Full Version : I Want My Name On That Shirt

OfficialHSL
04-06-2019, 05:39 AM
As one could imagine we have received a very positive response to the news that our Official 3rd Strip for Season 2020/2021 will incorporate the names of Hibernian Supporters.

We have received a number of emails from supporters saying " I want my name on that shirt ". Clearly we want to open up this initiative to as many supporters as possible while at the same time not compromising the position of existing Members. We are working hard with the Club to extend the deadline to as late a date as possible to give supporters the chance to have their names included. In the meantime can we make the following recommendation :

join Hibernian Supporters now at https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

If you can start with just £10 per month there will be opportunities for you to add one off payments as and when you can thus getting closer and closer to your desired position. We will be offering many initiatives over the coming months and we are certain that as time draws closer more and more supporters will want to see their names worn by their favourite heroes. At our recent AGM, Leeann made it very clear that this strip will not be a novelty and it will be worn in Competitive games. With a bit of luck, Europe.

So, don't miss this opportunity, join now from just £10 per month to get you started.

Hibernian Supporters

BILLYHIBS
04-06-2019, 07:35 AM
As one could imagine we have received a very positive response to the news that our Official 3rd Strip for Season 2020/2021 will incorporate the names of Hibernian Supporters.

We have received a number of emails from supporters saying " I want my name on that shirt ". Clearly we want to open up this initiative to as many supporters as possible while at the same time not compromising the position of existing Members. We are working hard with the Club to extend the deadline to as late a date as possible to give supporters the chance to have their names included. In the meantime can we make the following recommendation :

join Hibernian Supporters now at https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

If you can start with just £10 per month there will be opportunities for you to add one off payments as and when you can thus getting closer and closer to your desired position. We will be offering many initiatives over the coming months and we are certain that as time draws closer more and more supporters will want to see their names worn by their favourite heroes. At our recent AGM, Leeann made it very clear that this strip will not be a novelty and it will be worn in Competitive games. With a bit of luck, Europe.

So, don't miss this opportunity, join now from just £10 per month to get you started.

Hibernian Supporters

Could you remind us of the cut off date and the total amount required to have the necessary Francks to have your name on the strip

Many thanks

BILLYHIBS
04-06-2019, 07:41 AM
Found it £225 by 30/9/19

Hibbyradge
04-06-2019, 07:49 AM
Found it £225 by 30/9/19

People spend £100s on shirts worn by players.

A shirt with your own name on must be worth £275.

It's a great idea.

:thumbsup:

OfficialHSL
04-06-2019, 08:02 AM
Found it £225 by 30/9/19
Billy
30th September was just an indicative date. It is very likely that it will be later than this. The Club are awaiting confirmation from Macron on the very latest date that we can provide the data. If we can get an extra couple of months so much the better. As soon as we have confirmation we will announce this.

Worth joining now to start the ball rolling.

Hibernian Supporters

GreenCastle
04-06-2019, 08:06 AM
Who will decide the strip design / colour ?

Can you just pay a one off fee and what font will the name be in ?

What’s the target number of names ? Will the strips be limited stock ?

BILLYHIBS
04-06-2019, 08:06 AM
Billy
30th September was just an indicative date. It is very likely that it will be later than this. The Club are awaiting confirmation from Macron on the very latest date that we can provide the data. If we can get an extra couple of months so much the better. As soon as we have confirmation we will announce this.

Worth joining now to start the ball rolling.

Hibernian Supporters

Already joined

😁👍🏾⚽️🇳🇬🏆

SouthMoroccoStu
04-06-2019, 08:19 AM
If I change my name to **** The Hearts, will that be allowed on the shirt?

JXM73
04-06-2019, 08:28 AM

You'd end up with that 2000 times and a dave smith in a random place

Though could have fun with it....
Hugh Jarse

SouthMoroccoStu
04-06-2019, 08:29 AM
You'd end up with that 2000 times and a dave smith in a random place

:greengrin

jonny
04-06-2019, 08:35 AM
How do I update my address details on the HSL site. There seems to be options for updating everything else.
I've recently moved house and wouldn't want to miss any mailshots etc.
Thanks in advance.

malcolm
04-06-2019, 11:52 AM
Is there a practical limit to the number of names that can appear on a shirt and be legible. I mean we have say over 10k season ticket holders and great if the all signed up but maybe hard on the eyes to read your own name 😉

Spaniel
04-06-2019, 02:39 PM
Hibs never disappoint when it comes to new ways of getting the fans involved ,the names on the tops is a cracking idea it will show the other clubs that Hibernian are always first for new ideas.:flag:

OfficialHSL
04-06-2019, 02:47 PM
Who will decide the strip design / colour ?

Can you just pay a one off fee and what font will the name be in ?

What’s the target number of names ? Will the strips be limited stock ?
We will be working with the Club on this although it is fair to say I would imagine the Shirt Manufacturer will make proposals.
We don’t have a target number of names but we understand that other Clubs have had many more names than we are likely to have without any issues.
Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
04-06-2019, 02:49 PM
Why would you want to change your name to C’Mon the Hearts ?

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
04-06-2019, 02:50 PM
How do I update my address details on the HSL site. There seems to be options for updating everything else.
I've recently moved house and wouldn't want to miss any mailshots etc.
Thanks in advance.

Just drop us a line to info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

Iggy Pope
04-06-2019, 03:03 PM
It is surely to be hoped that people continue to contribute after their name is on the shirt.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-06-2019, 03:05 PM
Why would you want to change your name to C’Mon the Hearts ?

Hibernian Supporters

Lol

Damn you saw right through my evil plan

Bangkok Hibby
04-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Any further thoughts on paying a premium for a good position on the shirt? Whilst its fantastic to be named on a shirt the team will wear, I'd much prefer to pay a premium to be nearer the badge on the front than near the arse on the back 😀👍🏻

Since452
04-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Hibs never disappoint when it comes to new ways of getting the fans involved ,the names on the tops is a cracking idea it will show the other clubs that Hibernian are always first for new ideas.:flag:

Mind the gap

Iggy Pope
04-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Any further thoughts on paying a premium for a good position on the shirt? Whilst its fantastic to be named on a shirt the team will wear, I'd much prefer to pay a premium to be nearer the badge on the front than near the arse on the back 😀👍🏻

Interesting. I’d hope that several years worth of premiums might be considered in that event!

Iggy Pope
04-06-2019, 03:17 PM

Waving flags about won’t rid us of the stink of wet spaniel.

BILLYHIBS
04-06-2019, 03:35 PM
Interesting. I’d hope that several years worth of premiums might be considered in that event!

Got to worth a free POPE

1 on the back at least :greengrin

edinburghhibee
04-06-2019, 03:39 PM
I’d quite like to do this as a present for someone... i there any way that could be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OfficialHSL
04-06-2019, 07:36 PM
It is surely to be hoped that people continue to contribute after their name is on the shirt.
IggyPope

Absolutely. We plan to offer more incentives/recognition for our Members who continue to generously give that little bit extra help. In future, these will be directed at regular contributing Members with an X Franck’s balance.

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
04-06-2019, 07:39 PM

Bangkok Hibby
We had not really given thought to this. Would be good to hear what others think about this.

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
04-06-2019, 07:42 PM
I’d quite like to do this as a present for someone... i there any way that could be done?

Yes, www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Hibernian Supporters

oneone73
04-06-2019, 07:51 PM
Bangkok Hibby
We had not really given thought to this. Would be good to hear what others think about this.

Hibernian Supporters

Not for me. It should be about loyalty, not wealth. You're looking to reward dedicated supporters, not de facto shirt sponsors.

GreenCastle
04-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Not for me. It should be about loyalty, not wealth. You're looking to reward dedicated supporters, not de facto shirt sponsors.

Surely it’s about wealth already as some folk can’t afford to pay.

I would say go for it and see maybe even have bids for several areas to raise more funds for the club?

Hibbyradge
04-06-2019, 08:25 PM

Every member's name will feature on the shirt so no-one will miss out.

The opportunity to collect some more revenue from selling premium placements is a good idea.

I'd pay extra, within reason, for a prominent spot.

Pagan Hibernia
04-06-2019, 08:27 PM

pretty much how I see it.

One of my favourite things about HSL is that once you hit the £225 mark and become a full member you are equal to everyone else regardless of how much you or they have put in.

each to their own like, and I’m sure such an incentive would raise more money, but I don’t understand why those who could afford to pay more wouldn’t see helping the club as reward enough rather than having to have their names prominently above those of others. That’s just me though. If there’s a huge demand for it fair enough.

DaveF
04-06-2019, 08:30 PM
It's not for me either. You pay 225 you are an equal with fellow members in my opinion.

The Spaceman
04-06-2019, 08:36 PM
So, am I right in saying that if I paid £225 to HSL next week or so, I would 100% be getting my name on the 3rd replica strip?

I am not an HSL member, but instead around the same time bought shares directly in Hibs.

Not saying I will, more just wondering if that's how this works?

Pagan Hibernia
04-06-2019, 09:00 PM
So, am I right in saying that if I paid £225 to HSL next week or so, I would 100% be getting my name on the 3rd replica strip?

I am not an HSL member, but instead around the same time bought shares directly in Hibs.

Not saying I will, more just wondering if that's how this works?

Yes, that is correct.

One Day Soon
04-06-2019, 09:03 PM

For some reason the way you phrased that immediately made me think of The People's Friend.

bod
04-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Why are we having a 3rd strip when we don’t need 1 ? Why not put the names on the 2nd strip ?

One Day Soon
04-06-2019, 09:09 PM
I can see the merit in the extra funds raised by bidding for badge proximity but for me everyone whose name appears on that strip should be equally valued. You should be able to look a it and know that whether you end up on an arm, chest, navel, upper ass cheek or anywhere else, we are all in it together. Equal fee and random positioning of names.

When I was leaping around like a loon on 21 May 2016 cuddling complete strangers we were all one. I liked that then and I'd like it in this instance.

oneone73
04-06-2019, 09:10 PM
I can see the merit in the extra funds raised by bidding for badge proximity but for me everyone whose name appears on that strip should be equally valued. You should be able to look a it and know that whether you end up on an arm, chest, navel, upper ass cheek or anywhere else, we are all in it together. Equal fee and random positioning of names.

When I was leaping around like a loon on 21 May 2016 cuddling complete strangers we were all one. I liked that then and I'd like it in this instance.

This.

Hibbyradge
04-06-2019, 09:51 PM
It's not for me either. You pay 225 you are an equal with fellow members in my opinion.

I've paid £225 every year since it started.

I'll continue to do so, and I'm not looking for plaudits, but it's a wee bit galling to realise that my contribution isn't valued any differently to someone who has paid the minimum and withdrew.

I guess it's a similar debate to the why should folk who actually go to the matches get preference for tickets over those who rarely go or don't.

Pagan Hibernia
04-06-2019, 10:07 PM

I'll continue to do so, and I'm not looking for plaudits, but it's a wee bit galling to realise that my contribution isn't valued any differently to someone who has paid the minimum and withdrew.

I guess it's a similar debate to the why should folk who actually go to the matches get preference for tickets over those who rarely go or don't.

i appreciate the point Hibbyradge and of course your contribution is of immense value, but equally someone else might have also been paying in since the start but at a lesser amount of £7.73/month, possibly because that’s literally all they can spare after the rent and bills are paid and the food’s on the table. Why should that person be seen as less valued because they have a lower income?

Hibbyradge
04-06-2019, 10:26 PM
i appreciate the point Hibbyradge and of course your contribution is of immense value, but equally someone else might have also been paying in since the start but at a lesser amount of £7.73/month, possibly because that’s literally all they can spare after the rent and bills are paid and the food’s on the table. Why should that person be seen as less valued because they have a lower income?

I don't think anyone is being seen as less valued.

We're talking about raising more money to make Hibs a supporters owned, or at least controlled, club.

Every member's name will be on the shirt, but there are going to be premium locations. Should those spots just be allocated randomly or should they be used as an incentive for people to contribute more?

Dafties like me would pay more for a prime spot. Why would anyone object to that?

Stantons Angel
04-06-2019, 10:41 PM
Didnt Hearts do this last season for their members who pay into the fans ownership fund thing they run?

they were releasing a strip with every founder member's name on it?

Bangkok Hibby
05-06-2019, 03:56 AM
I really didn't mean or even consider that paying for a premium spot on the shirt would make others think they are not equally valued. That's plainly not the case. However pandering to those of us who are vain enough to fancy a prominent position 😎 is 100% an extra income source and shouldn't trouble or upset those who are just happy enough to be anywhere on the shirt.

Since452
05-06-2019, 05:44 AM
Well done to HSL for this. Definitely the most high profile and popular initiative yet and a great way to increase funds and members. For a very financially secure club to get something like this off the ground is very difficult. Unlike Hearts, our fans weren't blackmailed into monthly donations due to extreme financial mismanagement. It looks like HSL is now gaining some serious momentum which is fantastic.

DaveF
05-06-2019, 06:21 AM

I've 'only' paid 120 per year but I take your point. For me though it flies in the face of the 1 member 1 vote line HSL stand by.

We are either equal or not.

Bangkok Hibby
05-06-2019, 06:37 AM
I've 'only' paid 120 per year but I take your point. For me though it flies in the face of the 1 member 1 vote line HSL stand by.

We are either equal or not.

Judging by some of the opinions it seems that people think buying a prominent position creates unequality amongst us. I dont agree. Perhaps there is a touch of "if I cant get on the front you shouldn't either"..human nature eh?
Anyway the last thing I want to do here is generate doubt and bad feeling around this fantastic plan so HSL, whilst you're at liberty to do whatever you want, I'll withdraw my proposal.
Ps, sneak me on the front and I'll bung you a ton 😂😂😂

Brummie_Hibs
05-06-2019, 07:07 AM
I'll withdraw my proposal.
Your proposal? Previous thread... (https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?339832-Your-name-on-Official-Strip&p=5800791&viewfull=1#post5800791)

I can't let you tale all the flack! :na na:

Bangkok Hibby
05-06-2019, 07:29 AM
Your proposal? Previous thread... (https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?339832-Your-name-on-Official-Strip&p=5800791&viewfull=1#post5800791)

I can't let you tale all the flack! :na na:

Oh I'm so sorry...you're the man to blame/applaud 😀👍🏻🤝. Many apologies I was so enthused by it I obviously forgot where it initially came from 🙏🏻

Bostonhibby
05-06-2019, 07:35 AM
Not for me. It should be about loyalty, not wealth. You're looking to reward dedicated supporters, not de facto shirt sponsors.Same here, don't favour any priority system, but if there's to be one, as it's all about the share uptake how about those who took up the initial sale offer up and those that have been in from the beginning and go from there.

Personally I'd just do it alphabetically and decide whether to start from the back or the front. Easier to find the names as well.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Kojock
05-06-2019, 08:09 AM
Same here, don't favour any priority system, but if there's to be one, as it's all about the share uptake how about those who took up the initial sale offer up and those that have been in from the beginning and go from there.

Personally I'd just do it alphabetically and decide whether to start from the back or the front. Easier to find the names as well.

I don't favour any priority system either, I have paid over £800 into the scheme and there are others who have paid in more than me.It should be the luck of the draw where your name goes with all qualifying members having an equal chance.

Since452
05-06-2019, 08:53 AM
HSL. Don't really care where my name is on the strip but will founding members be notified as to where our names are? If not my wee lassie has a job for a weekend trying to find my name. Also will we get confirmation that our names will definitely be on the strip? I'd hate to fork out for a strip to find out my name isn't on it for whatever reason. Also sorry if already covered but will sales of the 3rd strip go directly to the player budget as our HSL payments do?

MSK
05-06-2019, 09:03 AM
I don't favour any priority system either, I have paid over £800 into the scheme and there are others who have paid in more than me.It should be the luck of the draw where your name goes with all qualifying members having an equal chance.Likewise, Im happy my name will be on the shirt, just glad I done my bit and am continuing my payments to HSL

hibby6270
05-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Priority position for your name on the shirt?
I have a potential solution..........

BRING BACK LOYALTY POINTS!! :wink::agree::greengrin

Bostonhibby
05-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Priority position for your name on the shirt?
I have a potential solution..........

BRING BACK LOYALTY POINTS!! :wink::agree::greengrinGreat idea, how do you buy some[emoji3]

Bangkok Hibby
05-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Great idea, how do you buy some[emoji3]

I'll pay extra for some 😂😂😂

Bostonhibby
05-06-2019, 10:49 AM
I'll pay extra for some [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji16] I can see where this is heading.

worcesterhibby
05-06-2019, 11:04 AM
brilliant idea this..I love it. I've been contributing £10 a month since the start and will continue to do so as long as I can afford it. Being based own south and with a job that sees me working at the weekends quite a lot, I can't get up to games that often, so it's great to have a way to support the team in such a direct way. I'm very excited about the founder members board inside the ground as well !! It will go nicely with the stone on the West stand that my kids bought me for my 50th Birthday :)

Personally I wouldn't like to see names bigger than others, they should all be the same as far as I'm concerned.

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2019, 12:50 PM
brilliant idea this..I love it. I've been contributing £10 a month since the start and will continue to do so as long as I can afford it. Being based own south and with a job that sees me working at the weekends quite a lot, I can't get up to games that often, so it's great to have a way to support the team in such a direct way. I'm very excited about the founder members board inside the ground as well !! It will go nicely with the stone on the West stand that my kids bought me for my 50th Birthday :)

Personally I wouldn't like to see names bigger than others, they should all be the same as far as I'm concerned.

I'm pretty sure that's not what's being suggested WH …. If it was I'm sure a lot of folk would be annoyed about it.

But having said that, I have no problem with folk chucking in a few bob to get their name above the badge or something, in the grand scheme of things if name placement was done at random for example its probably a 2000/1 shot of any one individuals name appearing there, so if wasn't mine I wouldn't be bothered … luck of the draw and all that. That being the case why not chuck a few bob more into the coffers by auctioning off the most prominent locations.

All I'm bothered about is my name being on it somewhere, I have a few friends and acquaintances who are HSL contributors and I would be very peed off to see their name on the strip without mine being there … you know who you are :greengrin

Bangkok Hibby
05-06-2019, 01:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not what's being suggested WH …. If it was I'm sure a lot of folk would be annoyed about it.

But having said that, I have no problem with folk chucking in a few bob to get their name above the badge or something, in the grand scheme of things if name placement was done at random for example its probably a 2000/1 shot of any one individuals name appearing there, so if wasn't mine I wouldn't be bothered … luck of the draw and all that. That being the case why not chuck a few bob more into the coffers by auctioning off the most prominent locations.

All I'm bothered about is my name being on it somewhere, I have a few friends and acquaintances who are HSL contributors and I would be very peed off to see their name on the strip without mine being there … you know who you are :greengrin

Exactly what some of us were proposing but doesn't seem to be gaining favour

Bangkok Hibby
05-06-2019, 01:02 PM
[emoji16] I can see where this is heading.

Haha it wis my idea 😂😂😂

Iggy Pope
05-06-2019, 03:03 PM
Bangkok Hibby

Hibernian Supporters

I’ve been contributing, perpetually, £30 a month for 5 years. I think you now how many Franck’s that adds up to HSL Is it feasible that a few bob might see some short term privilege for a one off contributor? I hope you don’t give this any real thought at all.
Contribute and get your name somewhere on the shirt like the rest.
Loyalty points were scuppered in part by disenchantment over the HSL bonus points (fact by the way, straight from the horse) and it clearly led to a rift in the support. Best avoid, seriously.

Iggy Pope
05-06-2019, 03:04 PM
For some reason the way you phrased that immediately made me think of The People's Friend.

Your choice of reading material seems a bit, well, ‘conservative’ might I say?

Bostonhibby
05-06-2019, 03:09 PM
I’ve been contributing, perpetually, £30 a month for 5 years. I think you now how many Franck’s that adds up to HSL Is it feasible that a few bob might see some short term privilege for a one off contributor? I hope you don’t give this any real thought at all.
Loyalty points were scuppered in part by disenchantment over the HSL bonus points (fact by the way, straight from the horse) and it clearly led to a rift in the support. Best avoid, seriously.

[emoji106]

Same boat as me here....

Don't know if that's good or bad [emoji16]

derekduval
05-06-2019, 03:28 PM
Imagine your on the underside of the turn up or lost in the seam. A small might lose some names too.

Why not make it £225 for the back and £450 for the front, sleeves could be £300. A grand for being within an inch of the badge.

There’s a lot to think about here

Iggy Pope
05-06-2019, 03:32 PM
Imagine your on the underside of the turn up or lost in the seam. A small might lose some names too.

Why not make it £225 for the back and £450 for the front, sleeves could be £300. A grand for being within an inch of the badge.

There’s a lot to think about here

I’m over a grand ahead already so that’s a lot to think about. Like many others.
We’re gonna have to get Mixu or The Tank proportions back to fill this shirt with the monied. Or some **** like Robbo.

OfficialHSL
05-06-2019, 03:36 PM
[emoji106]

Same boat as me here....

Don't know if that's good or bad [emoji16]

Thank you so much to everyone for contributing to this debate, as we have said before even if we cannot all agree exactly on every single aspect it still has a positive outcome for us. i.e. we are better informed and in most cases we have a few more Members
We will be doing more work on this but there are a couple of key points that probably are worth stating just now.
Our basic Membership Fee of 1875 Francks (£225) gives you only one thing, part ownership of Hibernian Supporters Ltd . You will have a Membership Certificate to prove this and you will be an equal part owner of the entity that now almost owns 20% of the Club. This is the biggest prize of them all. This principle of one Member one vote will never be compromised. No matter what your Francks balance is your voice will be equal to someone with ten times as many Francks.
Moving forward it has become increasing clear that supporters do like incentives/recognition/prizes. We should not therefore compromise our ability to grow, and therefore generate more money for the Manager, by being too worried about acknowledging different contribution levels. It is likely that in future we will target all incentives to regular contributors. Different Francks balances can be used in this regard.
If we look round our competitors they happily offer different things for different contribution levels.
One last word, in relation to the Strip , it is likely that simple practical issues will dictate things. We want to make sure that names are perfectly legible.

Hope this helps

Hibernian Supporters

StevieC
05-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Bangkok Hibby
Hibernian Supporters

I’d be against it.
I’m lucky enough that I could comfortably afford it, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable if a fellow supporter couldn’t and ended up with his name slap bang between the a**e cheeks because that’s where elitism pushed him down to.

Is that a bit too “socialist” for this forum?? Have I just relegated myself to the a**e cheek area??

One Day Soon
05-06-2019, 04:28 PM
Your choice of reading material seems a bit, well, ‘conservative’ might I say?

**** me, I don't actually read it. But then how did I know you write for it? :hmmm:

Bostonhibby
05-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Thank you so much to everyone for contributing to this debate, as we have said before even if we cannot all agree exactly on every single aspect it still has a positive outcome for us. I.e. we are better informed and in most cases we have a few more Members
We will be doing more work on this but there are a couple of key points that probably are worth stating just now.
Our basic Membership Fee of 1875 Francks (£225) gives you only one thing, part ownership of Hibernian Supporters Ltd . You will have a Membership Certificate to prove this and you will be an equal part owner of the entity that now almost owns 20% of the Club. This is the biggest prize of them all. This principle of one Member one vote will never be compromised. No matter what your Francks balance is hour voice will be equal to someone with ten times as many Francks.
Moving forward it has become increasing clear that supporters do like incentives/recognition/prizes. We should not therefore compromise our ability to grow, and therefore generate more money for the Manager, by being too worried about acknowledging different contribution level. It is likely that in future we will target all incentives to regular contributors. Different Francks balances can be used in this regard.
If we look round our competitors they happily offer different things for different contribution levels.
One last word, in relation to the Strip , it is likely that simple practical issues will dictate things. We want to make sure that names are perfectly legible.

Hope this helps

Hibernian SupportersThanks

I personally go with the flow on HSL as I've always understood the initial motivation. I had a view on this and expressed it but whatever's actually done won't make any difference to the reason I'm in.

OfficialHSL
05-06-2019, 06:08 PM

Iggy Pope

Your point is well made. As we were saying on another post we intend to use Francks balance as a subtle means to recognise things. For example, with the final draw of the season ( two signed shirts ) we opened this up free to all with a Francks balance of 1875 but still gave others the opportunity to be included by making a one off single donation. It could be in the future that the required Francks balance is 8000 for a different item. The reality is that the Francks balance is likely to be a result of Members who have been around for a long time rather than a quick large donation. The idea will be to make things interesting but never divisive.

As previously stated the Strip issue is likely to be driven by design/production capabilities rather than us being able to specify anything. Looking around at other Teams who have done this it looks like names are randomly incorporated into the strip.

One thing is for sure, it is a really exciting thing for us as supporters.

Hibernian Supporters

kaimendhibs
05-06-2019, 06:11 PM
Probably unpopular but perhaps members with the required amount of Francs who signed up and reached 225 quid earliest should be given the most prominent positions on the shirt?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
05-06-2019, 07:19 PM
Iggy Pope

Your point is well made. As we were saying on another post we intend to use Francks balance as a subtle means to recognise things. For example, with the final draw of the season ( two signed shirts ) we opened this up free to all with a Francks balance of 1875 but still gave others the opportunity to be included by making a one off single donation. It could be in the future that the required Francks balance is 8000 for a different item. The reality is that the Francks balance is likely to be a result of Members who have been around for a long time rather than a quick large donation. The idea will be to make things interesting but never divisive.

As previously stated the Strip issue is likely to be driven by design/production capabilities rather than us being able to specify anything. Looking around at other Teams who have done this it looks like names are randomly incorporated into the strip.

One thing is for sure, it is a really exciting thing for us as supporters.

Hibernian Supporters

This isn't about prize draws or pot luck. I'm sure you'll do the right thing and won't whore it out (if you'll pardon the vocabulary), causing needle to the folk that have backed HSL to the hilt through their pockets for a long time.
Great initiative. Don't over egg the cake.

Hibernian Supporter.

southsider
05-06-2019, 07:28 PM
I bought 25,000 shares does that count ?

Pagan Hibernia
06-06-2019, 11:18 AM

not unless you’re an HSL member too.

hibee_nation
06-06-2019, 11:39 AM
The rich always want to get one up even if it does benefit Hibs in this instance its just their nature.

overdrive
06-06-2019, 12:21 PM
Can you opt out? I know I’m in the minority here but I think having my name on a strip is a bit naff.

Bangkok Hibby
06-06-2019, 12:26 PM
The rich always want to get one up even if it does benefit Hibs in this instance its just their nature.

So can we invert that and say the poor dont want anyone else to get what they can't because its their nature? Of course not..don't generalise.

hibby6270
06-06-2019, 12:37 PM

I was in the same boat as yourself. Bought shares (not quite as many as you mind) and love having that wee certificate hanging on my wall. It’s a personal thing but in my mind it’s “proof” I own a very, very small part of the club outwith my usual ST purchases.

So, after weeks, no months, of prevarication, I have finally taken the plunge and signed up to HSL a few days ago.

Not ashamed to admit the incentive of having my name on the founders board and the 20/21 3rd strip was the little push I needed to do it. Monthly contribution to start with (and continue) but will make a single payment donation to reach the £225 threshold next month.

Hamish
06-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Can you opt out? I know I’m in the minority here but I think having my name on a strip is a bit naff.

I am with you on this one.

hibbydad
06-06-2019, 03:50 PM
Well done Hibby 6270

OfficialHSL
06-06-2019, 06:35 PM

We are not considering this at the moment as it will just create more logistical problems. We have always assumed that those who did not have any particular interest in this would just not buy the strip.

Hibernian Supporters

Stuart93
06-06-2019, 06:38 PM

Quite a strange opinion to have tbh. If your name ends up on the strip just don’t buy and most likely no-one else will notice it?

OfficialHSL
06-06-2019, 06:39 PM
I was in the same boat as yourself. Bought shares (not quite as many as you mind) and love having that wee certificate hanging on my wall. It’s a personal thing but in my mind it’s “proof” I own a very, very small part of the club outwith my usual ST purchases.

So, after weeks, no months, of prevarication, I have finally taken the plunge and signed up to HSL a few days ago.

Not ashamed to admit the incentive of having my name on the founders board and the 20/21 3rd strip was the little push I needed to do it. Monthly contribution to start with (and continue) but will make a single payment donation to reach the £225 threshold next month.

Hibby6270

First of all thank you for joining your fellow Hibernian Supporters.

We are always looking to acquire as many shares as possible so if you feel you don't need all of those that you have, get in touch.

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
06-06-2019, 06:40 PM

Southsider

Are you looking to re house some of these ?

Hibernian Supporters

southsider
06-06-2019, 07:53 PM
Southsider

Are you looking to re house some of these ?

Hibernian Supporters
No, they will be in my will to my family when I pass on. I pay 5 x £5 for family members. As I pay is it i my name or theirs ?

OfficialHSL
06-06-2019, 08:06 PM
No, they will be in my will to my family when I pass on. I pay 5 x £5 for family members. As I pay is it i my name or theirs ?
Southsider

if you drop us an email at info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk we can check to see if you have set these up correctly.

Hibernian Supporters

Brummie_Hibs
06-06-2019, 08:10 PM
We are not considering this at the moment as it will just create more logistical problems. We have always assumed that those who did not have any particular interest in this would just not buy the strip.

Hibernian Supporters
I do wonder if this could be a GDPR issue?

Any GDPR experts who can advise?

Hibbyradge
06-06-2019, 08:17 PM

That's funny.

IberianHibernian
06-06-2019, 10:36 PM

Any GDPR experts who can advise?I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago on this thread or other similar one when idea was introduced . I`m no expert but can understand fully why people might object to making an anonymous contribution ( not the same as buying shares and being on shareholders list ) to find their name displayed in public albeit mixed with several thousand others on a shirt . Not sure if we sell a 3rd shirt every year ( seem to remember one being sold in one of the years we qualified for Europa League qualifying ) and I`m sure the extra promotion in this case would mean more sales but might be better to offer people the chance to buy a shirt with their name on it and no other names or as a compromise sell a shirt thanking contributors to HSL .

Since452
07-06-2019, 10:52 AM
I didn't know about the founding members board until i read it on here.I like the idea. Where will it be displayed?

One Day Soon
07-06-2019, 10:53 AM
That's funny.

And bollocks, You forgot that it's bollocks.

One Day Soon
07-06-2019, 10:58 AM
I'd quite like my name on my seat. Could we have that somehow?

Just Alf
08-06-2019, 02:17 PM

Any GDPR experts who can advise?
I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago on this thread or other similar one when idea was introduced . I`m no expert but can understand fully why people might object to making an anonymous contribution ( not the same as buying shares and being on shareholders list ) to find their name displayed in public albeit mixed with several thousand others on a shirt . Not sure if we sell a 3rd shirt every year ( seem to remember one being sold in one of the years we qualified for Europa League qualifying ) and I`m sure the extra promotion in this case would mean more sales but might be better to offer people the chance to buy a shirt with their name on it and no other names or as a compromise sell a shirt thanking contributors to HSL .Part of the reason HSL are struggling a wee bit to push back the cut off date is directly linked to sending a message out to all members and giving them time to respond saying that they want included.

The other element is to allow members to do a 'look up' in case yer names missing!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Leithenhibby
20-06-2019, 03:19 PM
Came across this Borussia Dortmund top with the names of the fans on it...

This would work a treat, don't you think?... In our club colours of course. :cb

CapitalGreen
25-07-2019, 04:54 PM
Just received an email from HSL regarding this. From my understanding of the email, being a fully paid up member is no longer a guarantee of getting your name on the strip. We are now expected to pay more to ensure we have the requisite number of “Francks” (whatever they are) before getting your name on the strip. So no longer is the strip for all members of HSL it is for members of HSL who pay more than others.

poulton hibs
25-07-2019, 05:03 PM
Just received an email from HSL regarding this. From my understanding of the email, being a fully paid up member is no longer a guarantee of getting your name on the strip. We are now expected to pay more to ensure we have the requisite number of “Francks” (whatever they are) before getting your name on the strip. So no longer is the strip for all members of HSL it is for members of HSL who pay more than others.

Looks like they have upped the required amount of Francks from 1875 to 2020 I suppose to encourage those who stopped contributing when they reached the minimum to contribute some more.

CapitalGreen
25-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Looks like they have upped the required amount of Francks from 1875 to 2020 I suppose to encourage those who stopped contributing when they reached the minimum to contribute some more.

Possibly but the initial promotion on here has been a strip for all members who have paid the £225 to secure members so to up the requirement now leaves a bad taste. Especially considering there is probably people who signed up with the understanding that once they paid £225 there name would be on the strip.

JohnM1875
25-07-2019, 05:12 PM

That is absolutely shocking if true.

CallumLaidlaw
25-07-2019, 05:12 PM

Pretty big change that. Pretty poor. Just read the email and it seems that even those that DO pay to reach the new amount STILL won’t be guaranteed to get on the shirt.
I paid up my membership to make sure I was included on this but now fall short of the new amount. [emoji107]

Bangkok Hibby
25-07-2019, 05:19 PM
Pretty big change that. Pretty poor. Just read the email and it seems that even those that DO pay to reach the new amount STILL won’t be guaranteed to get on the shirt.
I paid up my membership to make sure I was included on this but now fall short of the new amount. [emoji107]

Dont know where you're reading that. Yes the amount has increased but those with 2020 will most definitely have their names on the shirt.

Its a bit **** though to change the amount, I agree

OfficialHSL
25-07-2019, 05:29 PM

Capital Green

Thank you for your post and bringing this to our attention.

We had been working on this initiative for a while before recent events drew our attention to other matters.

We have been concentrating on refining the proposal, mostly around deadline, and considering other feedback around the potential for people to pay for name prominence. We also wanted to bring attention to the year in which the strip relates to - 2020. We have simply overlooked the precise wording of our original email and you are correct to say that we promised this based on £225 or 1875 Francks.

Rest assured we will stick to that promise. For most of our Members, you will have already exceeded that limit and therefore nothing changes. We can assure you that we were not trying to change the goalposts for the sake of £12. We simply had not looked back to the original post.

Hibernian Supporters

OfficialHSL
25-07-2019, 05:30 PM
That is absolutely shocking if true.

Please see our later post

OfficialHSL
25-07-2019, 05:35 PM

Callum

Please note our response above.

In terms of your point about not guaranteeing that your name will be on the shirt we are simply pointing out the reality given by all shirt manufacturers, a mistake could happen, albeit it is highly unlikely. It is also important to point out that supporters are receiving Membership for their £225, nothing else. That has always been the position from day one. This initiative was simply intended as a thank you.

Hibernian Supporters

JohnM1875
25-07-2019, 05:35 PM
Capital Green

We had been working on this initiative for a while before recent events drew our attention to other matters.

We have been concentrating on refining the proposal, mostly around deadline, and considering other feedback around the potential for people to pay for name prominence. We also wanted to bring attention to the year in which the strip relates to - 2020. We have simply overlooked the precise wording of our original email and you are correct to say that we promised this based on £225 or 1875 Francks.

Rest assured we will stick to that promise. For most of our Members, you will have already exceeded that limit and therefore nothing changes. We can assure you that we were not trying to change the goalposts for the sake of £12. We simply had not looked back to the original post.

Hibernian Supporters

So, just to confirm. I'm a monthly DD and currently on about 1200 Francks. I'll still only need to reach the original 1875 amount by the deadline to have my name on the shirt?

OfficialHSL
25-07-2019, 05:42 PM
So, just to confirm. I'm a monthly DD and currently on about 1200 Francks. I'll still only need to reach the original 1875 amount by the deadline to have my name on the shirt?

Absolutely correct.

We will be publishing lists leading up to the deadline to make sure all the names that should be on the list are on it before we forward it to the manufacturer.

Really sorry about the earlier confusion.

Hibernian Supporters

JohnM1875
25-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Absolutely correct.

We will be publishing lists leading up to the deadline to make sure all the names that should be on the list are on it before we forward it to the manufacturer.

Hibernian Supporters

No problem at all. Cheers for the response and clearing things up. Appreciate it.

BT58
25-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Ive not had an email, does this mean im ok for having enough franks, also when is this top coming out ??
B

OfficialHSL
25-07-2019, 06:01 PM
Ive not had an email, does this mean im ok for having enough franks, also when is this top coming out ??

B

Can you please drop us an email to info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk to allow us to investigate this.

Hibernian Supporters

bod
25-07-2019, 06:26 PM
Absolutely correct.

Hibernian Supporters

any chance you can have a link to HSL on your posts ? would make it easier to look up

OfficialHSL
25-07-2019, 06:33 PM
any chance you can have a link to HSL on your posts ? would make it easier to look up

Will do.

www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

matty_f
25-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Capital Green

Hibernian Supporters

Good response.

Big_Franck
25-07-2019, 07:21 PM
Good response.

I agree that it's good of HSL to come on here and answer the queries of fans quite quickly today. Whoever posted the responses did so out of their own time and they should be thanked for that.

However, I think it's typical of how HSL has been run and how it has communicated with fans (or hasn't for large periods) that they stated previously we'd need to reach one level of Francks (daft name btw) and then state a different figure in their email today. It's amateur hour again. IMO the communications from HSL are still painful to read.

thebakerboy
25-07-2019, 07:59 PM
I started paying in November 2015 at £10 a month so have donated well over £250 but have never received anything to say I am a full member and have emailed several times about this and received no reply , can anyone tell me how to go about this .

Billy Whizz
25-07-2019, 08:02 PM
I started paying in November 2015 at £10 a month so have donated well over £250 but have never received anything to say I am a full member and have emailed several times about this and received no reply , can anyone tell me how to go about this .

Log onto the website and have a look

Scorrie
25-07-2019, 08:19 PM

I started paying a DD in October 15 though didn’t realise it was as long as that. I got the email from HSL today about the name on the shirt to check my balance and there was a link for me to download my membership certificate. I had no idea I’d reached the 225 amount to be honest so a nice surprise. Your certificate should be on the web site

Kojock
25-07-2019, 08:21 PM
Just checked my Franks and have 7032 two of the best scorelines in the history of Hibernian FC.

thebakerboy
25-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Log onto the website and have a look
I have tried that but can find no way to find out, rotten web site still welcoming Paul and Robbie to club

Billy Whizz
25-07-2019, 08:26 PM
I have tried that but can find no way to find out, rotten web site still welcoming Paul and Robbie to club

Have you registered before?
If not, register an email address and a password

thebakerboy
25-07-2019, 08:33 PM
Have you registered before?
If not, register an email address and a password
Cant find anywhere to do this , have tried several times.

Lancs Harp
25-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Im sure this has come up many times but as a HSL member i dont understand the frank thing. Whats that all about? Why the need for it and does it just simply confuse people? Sorry for the negative slant but i just dont quite get it.

Frazerbob
25-07-2019, 08:47 PM
And folk wonder why fan ownership is a bad idea lol

oldbutdim
25-07-2019, 09:17 PM

Do you mean the certificate?

If so, log in to your account and there is a 'download your certificate' button.

GreenLake
26-07-2019, 01:02 AM
Those who give the least complain the most - Mahatma Gandhi

thebakerboy
26-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the help last night guys , finally found way in and I am a registered member with 3750 Francks , so will be on shirt. Just got to see if I can get address changed now.

MSK
26-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the help last night guys , finally found way in and I am a registered member with 3750 Francks , so will be on shirt. Just got to see if I can get address changed now.Send a pm to official hsl on here mate and he will advise you, I pmd him a while back and issue was sorted 👍

BT58
26-07-2019, 01:04 PM
Thanks for my help too.
B