PDA

View Full Version : FAO Keiran Power

Hibbyradge
03-06-2019, 09:33 AM
I'm not sure if this is the best way to get in touch with you, but I don't want to plague you with private messages so I'll give it a try.

I have a couple of requests/suggestions.

Firstly, would it be possible to ask the club to specifically advertise the dates and times of the TV games as soon as they are finalised?

I live in York now, but I want to go to as many home games as possible. However, I need to be able to book train tickets as far in advance as possible or it just becomes too expensive.

I realise that the kick off times appear on the official fixture list, but it would be a huge help if an email was sent out every time the scheduling was agreed.

Secondly, and I mentioned this to Tracey who said that she'd raise the idea, is there any scope for a flexible ticket to be introduced?

I'm thinking along the lines of a 6 game ticket which would guarantee you the same seat if you confirmed attendance in advance.

The benefit to the club would be cash up front and for the supporters, it would be that they'd get to sit with their friends and enjoy having a tangible connection with Hibs via a club membership. Some of the other benefits of membership could be included too e.g. discounts, cheaper hospitality, guaranteed seat etc.

Bradford City have an interesting scheme called Flexi-card, or web-flexi.

Supporters buy the card for £75 and they get to buy match tickets for £10.

However, not every game is included. I think something like that, with a different price structure obviously, would be popular with those of us who can't commit to a full season ticket because of where we live.

£120 up front, £15 a game might work. Just an idea.

However, if golf clubs can have "country members" (cue predictable jokes) why not Hibs?

Power
03-06-2019, 11:12 AM
I can definitely pass it on for consideration - ticket offering suggestion and wider communication when fixture changes occur

(from what I’ve seen the amendments for TV are for up to 2months periods in advance where possible - much like http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7151). We can always ask the club to push the SPFL to get what can be committed to by TV companies as early as possible.

Carheenlea
03-06-2019, 11:25 AM
I think we do get reasonable warning of TV games and the club post details as soon as they hear. Difficult, of course for those who have to arrange advance travel and accommodation, but the TV companies could easily announce TV games a lot further in advance than they do. I don’t see why they can’t look at the fixtures and plan as far as the split for what league games are selected. It’s usually pretty obvious which games are going to be moved, but not knowing if it’s Friday, Saturday or Sunday is of no help at all to long distance fans.

BigKev
03-06-2019, 11:38 AM
I think we do get reasonable warning of TV games and the club post details as soon as they hear. Difficult, of course for those who have to arrange advance travel and accommodation, but the TV companies could easily announce TV games a lot further in advance than they do. I don’t see why they can’t look at the fixtures and plan as far as the split for what league games are selected. It’s usually pretty obvious which games are going to be moved, but not knowing if it’s Friday, Saturday or Sunday is of no help at all to long distance fans.

The only problem with this scenario is matches against either of the OF should they progress in Europe.

I believe they have to get a 3 day break before and after any European tie so until such times as they're out you can't really confirm days. It's why the first OF league game is normally a Saturday lunchtime k.o.

The Spaceman
03-06-2019, 11:46 AM
If a flexi-ticket was ever introduced, it should be limited to games which are not against Hearts, Rangers, Celtic, or Aberdeen. Otherwise you remove the incentive for a Season Ticket and the club loses a sizeable chunk of income. Should also be valid for half a season I.e. 4 non-Cat A games before xx December 2019 for £x.

Aim Here
03-06-2019, 11:52 AM
If a flexi-ticket was ever introduced, it should be limited to games which are not against Hearts, Rangers, Celtic, or Aberdeen. Otherwise you remove the incentive for a Season Ticket and the club loses a sizeable chunk of income. Should also be valid for half a season I.e. 4 non-Cat A games before xx December 2019 for £x.

You can strike Aberdeen off that list, since it's not a cat A fixture and doesn't generally sell out.

MagicSwirlingShip
03-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Flexi ticket is a great idea. Id definitely get one if it was offered. Know a few young Dads who can’t commit to a season ticket due to family commitments who would definitely be interested too.

Juniper Greens
03-06-2019, 02:04 PM
Flexi ticket would be great.
I'm assuming it would be for south stand, given the lack of options in the other three?

hfc rd
03-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Flexi ticket would be great.
I'm assuming it would be for south stand, given the lack of options in the other three?

Would imagine so, if you wanted to purchase as a group.

Nonetheless it is a very good idea

GreenCastle
03-06-2019, 04:29 PM
I can definitely pass it on for consideration - ticket offering suggestion and wider communication when fixture changes occur

(from what I’ve seen the amendments for TV are for up to 2months periods in advance where possible - much like http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7151). We can always ask the club to push the SPFL to get what can be committed to by TV companies as early as possible.

I think Hibs should rename Season Tickets - Hibs Memberships.

For example

Gold - Home and Away
Silver - Home
Bronze - 6 game packages

Each could have only benefits too - like 10% off club shop for Gold or discount on hospitality etc.

I think Hibs would sell more - as many fans can't make games - though we don't want more empty seats and the 6 game packages - you would have to be careful as some fans would maybe buy these over full Home Season ticket membership.

lyonhibs
03-06-2019, 04:33 PM
If the club isn't keen on a flexi ticket idea where tickets are included in the price, then how about a version of what used to exist, basically a "membership level" above general public but below ST. Meaning you pay £50 (say) and that gets you a few quid off full price match tickets and, for away games and home/cup games where needed a purchasing window that comes after ST but before general sale.
If they fancied chucking in 10% off in the shop or something then great but that's really window dressing.

Since452
03-06-2019, 04:34 PM
Flexi ticket a no brainer

Northern Hibby
03-06-2019, 04:40 PM
I'd throw in 2 cat A games, I think same seat would be a bit of a push though.

Juniper Greens
03-06-2019, 04:41 PM
I think a limited number (half the south) of Flexi tickets available. Would get us c1500, which might be about the right amount.
That way there would be no risk of double selling any seats

The 90+2
03-06-2019, 04:59 PM
Flexi ticket would be amazing because of the spouts of people coming as in early season then Xmas them end of season. Even a four game with always a chance for an addition would be great.

Hibbyradge
03-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Yes, I would agree with that.

The flexi-ticket idea would have to cost less than £120 + £15 though.

Maybe £100 + £10 per game with a maximum of 7 games. Call it Club 7 or something.

hibbysam
03-06-2019, 10:30 PM
How does the flexi ticket fellas work? Idea seems great, but how does the club know which games your turning up to, therefore not selling your seat for it?

Hibbyradge
03-06-2019, 10:40 PM
How does the flexi ticket fellas work? Idea seems great, but how does the club know which games your turning up to, therefore not selling your seat for it?

I think you have to confirm that you're attending by a certain date before each game.

Skol
04-06-2019, 05:24 AM
I think you have to confirm that you're attending by a certain date before each game.

It would be a money loser imo. Yes it works for a small few. For those that buy a season ticket though but miss a few games meaning they lose out this could be a cheaper option and means less money to the club.

Power
04-06-2019, 06:22 AM
Hibs have improved their speed at releasing tickets online for games over the last few years I’ve noticed. Could it be worthwhile viewing this purchase timeline further?

Purchasing bundles/multiple in advance to act like a Flexi ticket.

Been a number of good shouts and diverse ones on how such a scheme would work. Things to consider is administration for the Ticket Office and Operations teams (including cost) and as pointed out - the club appreciating cash flow from season tickets.

Steven79
04-06-2019, 06:58 AM
Hibs have improved their speed at releasing tickets online for games over the last few years I’ve noticed. Could it be worthwhile viewing this purchase timeline further?

Been a number of good shouts and diverse ones on how such a scheme would work. Things to consider is administration for the Ticket Office and Operations teams (including cost) and as pointed out - the club appreciating cash flow from season tickets.

A good idea would be selling bundles early for the derby with one cat B game before releasing them as individual games.

Would possibly bring a few more to games against the likes of Hamilton.

Hibbyradge
04-06-2019, 07:46 AM
It would be a money loser imo. Yes it works for a small few. For those that buy a season ticket though but miss a few games meaning they lose out this could be a cheaper option and means less money to the club.

It could be limited to 7 games and/or it could only be for out of town supporters.

Hibbyradge
04-06-2019, 07:54 AM

I considered the administration aspect, but I wouldn't have thought there would be an enormous take up so it shouldn't be too onerous.

Bradford City operate a similar scheme and their crowds, even in League One, are not far short of ours. Their stadium is 25% bigger than Easter Road too, so if/when they get promoted, their crowds, and probably scheme take up, will increase.

It would be easy enough for someone at Hibs to ask them about their experience of the scheme which they've had for a number of seasons.

DavieRoy
04-06-2019, 09:11 AM
Even when the TV announce the Rangers in October, it got postponed for the League Cup Semi-Finals, so sometimes notice doesn’t matter as other factors come in.

Power
04-06-2019, 12:58 PM
I considered the administration aspect, but I wouldn't have thought there would be an enormous take up so it shouldn't be too onerous.

Bradford City operate a similar scheme and their crowds, even in League One, are not far short of ours. Their stadium is 25% bigger than Easter Road too, so if/when they get promoted, their crowds, and probably scheme take up, will increase.

It would be easy enough for someone at Hibs to ask them about their experience of the scheme which they've had for a number of seasons.

It’s certainly an interesting concept - https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/season-tickets/faqs/

A hybrid of the idea maybe.

Positives - further guaranteed income from Walk-ups (upfront income), another attendance option for fans, connects those that can’t use a ST or long-distance supporters (both engagement)

Negatives - reserves a seat which may be unused unless proactively returned (seat income), another ticket layer (complex), resource required to support ticket purchases and stadium access control (Operations).

The world is changing in regards to ticketing - less paper & tickets and more mobile technology. The ability to manage your attendance, tickets and admission on your mobile would be very similar in look and feel to what Bradford operate - minus the seat reservation and cash at the turnstile.

I’ll pass the details onto the Commercial team to assess - it’s always good to see what others are doing and find inspiration.

Hibbyradge
04-06-2019, 03:42 PM
It’s certainly an interesting concept - https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/season-tickets/faqs/

A hybrid of the idea maybe.

Positives - further guaranteed income from Walk-ups (upfront income), another attendance option for fans, connects those that can’t use a ST or long-distance supporters (both engagement)

Negatives - reserves a seat which may be unused unless proactively returned (seat income), another ticket layer (complex), resource required to support ticket purchases and stadium access control (Operations).

The world is changing in regards to ticketing - less paper & tickets and more mobile technology. The ability to manage your attendance, tickets and admission on your mobile would be very similar in look and feel to what Bradford operate - minus the seat reservation and cash at the turnstile.

I’ll pass the details onto the Commercial team to assess - it’s always good to see what others are doing and find inspiration.

My idea would be that the seat would need to be proacativly booked a set time in advance, rather than returned.

Otherwise, I might have to accept a different seat.
It's always easy to find faults with ideas, but I do think it would be worthwhile trialing for a couple of seasons.