https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48473238

Oscar T Grouch
31-05-2019, 03:19 PM
Here you go :aok:

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?339867-Scottish-attendances

The 90+2
31-05-2019, 03:21 PM
There will be excuses galore no doubt.

That’s what happens when they had no novelty murrayfield this season with 20,000 huns.

Northernhibee
31-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Pathetic from Aberdeen. Only one team in their city and only fifth.

31-05-2019, 03:34 PM
This will hurt the morons in maroon.

GreenLake
31-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Hearts are the cockblockers of exciting skillful football. No surprise their following is thinning out like a middle-aged yams barnet.

The_Sauz
31-05-2019, 03:55 PM
Can the Admins do merger for me :not worth

it's an old age thing :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
31-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Hertz are no longer the big team :thumbsup::flag::faf::bye::scarf:

They never were! If they were that big a club they wouldn't need to tell everyone.

It's like someone having to tell everybody they meet that they are "famous".

Sylar
31-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Celtc's figures suggest every single game at Parkhead was a sell-out...no doubt including season tickets as part of their "attendance" figures.

Hah!

calumhibee1
31-05-2019, 04:28 PM
Celtc's figures suggest every single game at Parkhead was a sell-out...no doubt including season tickets as part of their "attendance" figures.

Hah!

So do we to be fair..

RoxburghHibs
31-05-2019, 04:31 PM
So do we to be fair..

Everyone does

calumhibee1
31-05-2019, 04:33 PM
Everyone does

Yup, just seems to be the done thing now. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me when it’s an attendance figure but hey ho.

GreenCastle
31-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Hertz are no longer the big team :thumbsup::flag::faf::bye::scarf:

They never were the big team.

Big teams win the league cup...59 and counting.

Big teams have stadiums which hold over 20,000.

Big teams have full size pitches - not the smallest in the league.

iwasthere1972
31-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Hopefully Hamilton and Livingston/Ross County will be replaced by Dundee United and Dundee/Dunfermline.

jax67
31-05-2019, 05:53 PM
This will hurt the morons in maroon.

They will refuse to believe anything that puts us in a better position or better light than them. Jeez!! They think they play football. How could you convince them(that think that’s football) of anything.

Jim44
31-05-2019, 06:08 PM
So do we to be fair..

:agree: A season ticket is a seat sold whether there’s a bum on it or not. I don’t understand the opposite viewpoint.

iwasthere1972
31-05-2019, 06:12 PM
:agree: A season ticket is a seat sold whether there’s a bum on it or not. I don’t understand the opposite viewpoint.

I think the clue is attendance. Personally I'm not fussed either way.

Since90+2
31-05-2019, 06:17 PM
This will probably hurt them more than losing the cup final.

The idea we have more fans than them eats them up.

Truth hurts.

iwasthere1972
31-05-2019, 06:22 PM

When you say bum I assume that you're talking about Hearts fans. :wink:

Jim44
31-05-2019, 06:29 PM
I think the clue is attendance. Personally I'm not fussed either way.

How can you possibly calculate ‘attendance’? If you’re talking about ‘actual bums on seats’, do you get employees to go round and count empty seats? Crazy. If a seat has been paid for, whether through season tickets or through the gate, it is an attendance in my book. Another thing that irks me is the suggestion that club’s, for whatever reason, exaggerate attendance. Why would they do that and pay more tax? I’m satisfied that any match attendance bottom line is ‘number of ST’s sold.

Deansy
31-05-2019, 06:44 PM
They're taking it stoically - even having fun with the thread's title -

Levein/Budge everybody oot

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/183441-leveinbudge-everybody-oot/&page=2

Hibs played 3 games at home after the split compared to our 2'

'Doesn't add up correctly. There is zero way hibs have attendances that match tynecastle. They regularly hand out up to 2500 free tickets which I can only assume that they count towards their attendance regardless of weither they attend or not'

'Need someone to make a freedom of information request to the Police to ask what they actual attendances were for all the games - My guess is Hearts will move to 3rd'

So far my particular favourite is -

'You are correct that they have divide the total by 19 to get the average attendance however if you look at the fixtures on the attached it shows they did in fact have 19 home games. Not sure if this is correct though' :confused: :faf:

hibbyfraelibby
31-05-2019, 06:47 PM
When you say bum I assume that you're talking about Hearts fans. :wink:

Nah Hearts fans only share the letter U from bum. They also have a T and a C and an N

The Harp Awakes
31-05-2019, 06:51 PM

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/183441-leveinbudge-everybody-oot/&page=2

'Doesn't add up correctly. There is zero way hibs have attendances that match tynecastle. They regularly hand out up to 2500 free tickets which I can only assume that they count towards their attendance regardless of weither they attend or not'

'Need someone to make a freedom of information request to the Police to ask what they actual attendances were for all the games - My guess is Hearts will move to 3rd'

'You are correct that they have divide the total by 19 to get the average attendance however if you look at the fixtures on the attached it shows they did in fact have 19 home games. Not sure if this is correct though' :confused: :faf:

:faf: 3 games after the split to our 2 :faf:

Made my night.

iwasthere1972
31-05-2019, 07:02 PM
How can you possibly calculate ‘attendance’? If you’re talking about ‘actual bums on seats’, do you get employees to go round and count empty seats? Crazy. If a seat has been paid for, whether through season tickets or through the gate, it is an attendance in my book. Another thing that irks me is the suggestion that club’s, for whatever reason, exaggerate attendance. Why would they do that and pay more tax? I’m satisfied that any match attendance bottom line is ‘number of ST’s sold.

I would have thought that calculating the actual attendance (actual number of people in the stadium) would be very easy to do. Maybe by the number of clicks on the turnstiles. I'm pretty confident that a Hibs employee doesn't personally count the away support in order that it can be announced at the end of the match. I do think that it is wrong that the word attendance is used. Tickets sold would be a better description.

Chorley Hibee
31-05-2019, 07:13 PM

Brilliant, the hurt is strong on that thread. 😂

gaz1875
31-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Did they not play games at Murrayfield that boosted the attendance figure or was that last season?

Since452
31-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Hearts had to sell the whole stand to the Glasgow two each time they were in Gorgie to get their figure. We didn't.

Hibernianinc
31-05-2019, 07:30 PM
[/I][/COLOR]They regularly hand out up to 2500 free tickets which I can only assume that they count towards their attendance regardless of weither they attend or not'

Why don't we hand out 42,500 free tickets to folk who'll not attend?? That way we'd win the attendance league.

Petrie!! 😤😤

calumhibee1
31-05-2019, 07:54 PM
I would have thought that calculating the actual attendance (actual number of people in the stadium) would be very easy to do. Maybe by the number of clicks on the turnstiles. I'm pretty confident that a Hibs employee doesn't personally count the away support in order that it can be announced at the end of the match. I do think that it is wrong that the word attendance is used. Tickets sold would be a better description.
That’s how I see it. I don’t really care but it does seem strange when it would seem that they have the actual attendance stats there that they announce tickets sold as the attendance when it’s two different things.

Keith_M
31-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Definition: Attendance:

"the action or state of going regularly to or being present at a place or event."

"the number of people present at a particular place or event."

Oxford English Dictionaries (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/attendance)

It's up to the club what figures they want to announce, and I don't care either way, but I don't understand why some folk think the definition of the word "attendance" simply means buying a ticket.

Just Alf
31-05-2019, 08:59 PM
This attendance thing is a bit of a red herring.... The club, in fact all clubs, report tickets sold.... Moving on to the press reporting they (the press) then seem to report it as "attendance".... Dunno why, but it happens all the time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
31-05-2019, 10:02 PM
That’s how I see it. I don’t really care but it does seem strange when it would seem that they have the actual attendance stats there that they announce tickets sold as the attendance when it’s two different things.

Hibs are in a healthy position as far as selling tickets is concerned so we are bringing in good revenue.

Don't worry yourself over a statistic that is used everywhere - as you say you don't care.

GreenCastle
31-05-2019, 10:07 PM
We would have been above them last season too but they had the novelty factor of playing at Murrayfield with large attendances.

So really 2 seasons in a row below us.

jax67
01-06-2019, 04:36 AM
I’m pretty pissed off that we regularly give away 2500 tickets and I haven’t had one🤬

danhibees1875
01-06-2019, 05:59 AM

Turnstile count people entering. The old school ones used to have a physical counter on them, I'd assume the new ones work electronically.

We've joined other clubs in discussing tickets sold rather than attendance as a marketing exercise. It's obvious that Celtic and hearts were doing it previously, but I'm not sure who else has started doing similar now.

We don't pay tax based on tickets sold so it makes no difference to us on that front.

GlesgaeHibby
01-06-2019, 06:09 AM
Did they not play games at Murrayfield that boosted the attendance figure or was that last season?

Last season. The mega stand started in Nov 2017 still isn't finished though.

Since452
01-06-2019, 07:17 AM
We've been the 3rd biggest supported club in Scotland the last couple of years. Hearts fans just need to accept times have changed. Tears and snotters over on kickback. Hearts cant sell out derbys or cup finals these days. Just facts.

The_Horde
01-06-2019, 08:32 AM
This attendance thing is a bit of a red herring.... The club, in fact all clubs, report tickets sold.... Moving on to the press reporting they (the press) then seem to report it as "attendance".... Dunno why, but it happens all the time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We used to do it as bums on seats but no other club did and it made us look bad from a PR perspective. So we do it the same way as all other clubs now, which makes sense.

theonlywayisup
01-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Anyone know the averages of the Highland League teams. Would be good to see how they compare with the League Two attendances.