PDA

View Full Version : Hibs ladies Transfer fee.

Greencore
31-05-2019, 12:42 PM
Just wondering, if a hibs ladies player were to move to another club for a transfer fee, would Hibernian FC get the money or would it be purely for hibs ladies? Are we the same club? Do hibernian fc own hibs ladies?

Brightside
31-05-2019, 12:46 PM
Just wondering, if a hibs ladies player were to move to another club for a transfer fee, would Hibernian FC get the money or would it be purely for hibs ladies? Are we the same club? Do hibernian fc own hibs ladies?

No to all of the above. None of the players are on contracts therefore cannot be "sold" to another club. The ladies are under the Community arm which is run on a charity status.

Greencore
31-05-2019, 12:46 PM
No to all of the above. None of the players are on contracts therefore cannot be "sold" to another club. The ladies are under the Community arm which is run on a charity status.

Thanks for clearing that up underscore. 👍🏻

Onceinawhile
31-05-2019, 12:47 PM
few players have already gone down south for no cash.

It's a shame for the club, but there's not much anyone can do until they start running the club as a "proper" club.

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Its highly unlikely Hibs players, or a player at any Scottish club, will ever go for a transfer fee … no Scottish club has the finance to fund a ladies professional team outside of Celtic … whereas paying 20 odd lassies 40K a year is small beer to the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea etc.

Having said that, purely on the understanding that they would have to be self funding I cant think of a single reason why the ladies team cant be as much a part of the club as any of its other teams …. unless to do so would disadvantage them vis a vis charitable status.

danhibees1875
31-05-2019, 05:30 PM
few players have already gone down south for no cash.

It's a shame for the club, but there's not much anyone can do until they start running the club as a "proper" club.

What would need to change for that to be the case?

Do the ladies get paid at all from the charitable arm of the club? Or do they play for free?

Given the raise in popularity of late, I wouldn't be surprised if the set up changes and I would imagine Hibs would be at the forefront of any changes.