PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lafferty

Kojock
31-05-2019, 06:37 AM
Been told he can leave The Rangers. Anyone think he can do a job for us. Knows where the goals are and has a 21/05/216 tattoo 😂

franck sauzee
31-05-2019, 06:38 AM
So he'll be back to Hearts then

JimBHibees
31-05-2019, 06:43 AM
So he'll be back to Hearts then

Going abroad I think.

MSK
31-05-2019, 06:43 AM
So he'll be back to Hearts thenSure I heard some Cypriot team (or it might be Bulgarian 😆) are interested

Sir David Gray
31-05-2019, 06:56 AM
I don't think Kyle Lafferty would ever sign for us. I'm not saying I want him but if we are interested in him, I still don't think he would want to come to us.

we are hibs
31-05-2019, 06:58 AM
I don't think Kyle Lafferty would ever sign for us. I'm not saying I want him but if we are interested in him, I still don't think he would want to come to us.

I'm pretty sure that works both ways. Not many Would want him near Easter road.

Souter96Mac
31-05-2019, 07:03 AM
Didn't see that coming

Since452
31-05-2019, 07:19 AM
He's an upgrade on that big lump Hearts have up front at the moment

Steve20
31-05-2019, 07:42 AM
Lafferty is an awful player. Vastly overrated during his time at Hearts and done nothing at a poor Rangers side.

No thanks.

Diclonius
31-05-2019, 07:43 AM
He'd be a great signing for us.

HappyAsHellas
31-05-2019, 07:53 AM
He would be a brilliant addition to the squad as he offers something different up top and knows where the goals are. Too many on here just thinking on similar lines as hun fans but in reverse.

Tynie01011973
31-05-2019, 07:53 AM
He does have a tattoo of our greatest day 🍻
But nah just nah

Smartie
31-05-2019, 07:55 AM
Where's that bargepole again?

The 90+2
31-05-2019, 07:56 AM
I would imagine he will be leaving Scotland pretty sharpish

Since452
31-05-2019, 08:03 AM
He would be a brilliant addition to the squad as he offers something different up top and knows where the goals are. Too many on here just thinking on similar lines as hun fans but in reverse.

I agree. I'd take him in a heartbeat

Hibbyradge
31-05-2019, 08:08 AM
After what he did to Hibs and Lennon in order to ingratiate himself with the gunts, I don't want him anywhere near our club.

One Day
31-05-2019, 08:17 AM
Been told he can leave The Rangers. Anyone think he can do a job for us. Knows where the goals are and has a 21/05/216 tattoo 😂

No thank you,

Sylar
31-05-2019, 08:21 AM
God, no.

Nothing to do with who he's previously played for, but his attitude, work-rate, general ability and off-field "politics" are not a fit with our club at all.

What a horrible notion.

Forza Fred
31-05-2019, 08:24 AM
God, no.

Nothing to do with who he's previously played for, but his attitude, work-rate, general ability and off-field "politics" are not a fit with our club at all.

What a horrible notion.

Agree.

He would be a terrible role model to aspiring Academy players.

The 90+2
31-05-2019, 08:29 AM
After what he did to Hibs and Lennon in order to ingratiate himself with the gunts, I don't want him anywhere near our club.

Forgot about that. That’s of course the correct answer.

One Day
31-05-2019, 08:30 AM
God, no.

What a horrible notion.

Exactly

Bostonhibby
31-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Surely Edinburgh Rangers will be after him. Ticks all the boxes.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
31-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Surely Edinburgh Rangers will be after him. Ticks all the boxes.

I'm sure it's being implied on here that after spending all their money last season it'll be a far more conservative approach this summer from them. I doubt they can afford him now, especially if they're signing Naismith.

cocteautwin
31-05-2019, 08:43 AM
I'm sure it's being implied on here that after spending all their money last season it'll be a far more conservative approach this summer from them. I doubt they can afford him now, especially if they're signing Naismith.

It depends how much Mr Anonymous throws at the club during the close season. Someone(s) put in £3.25m after the end of their financial year 2018. Will be interesting to see how much gets thrown at them for them to waste in the coming 12 months.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2019, 08:43 AM
I'm sure it's being implied on here that after spending all their money last season it'll be a far more conservative approach this summer from them. I doubt they can afford him now, especially if they're signing Naismith.I think you're right, we do keep hearing how far ahead of us they are though because of all that extra money.

Hearts are a perfect example of it's not how much you've got but what you do with it. I'm delighted they self built the megastand and potter signs the players.

Antifa Hibs
31-05-2019, 08:47 AM
God, no.

What a horrible notion.

This.

It's not his ability that wasn't getting him game time at Rangers. More getting caught sending pictures of his cock to some lassie, being a lazy ******* at training and often reeking off bevvy from the night before after being out on the town with his Weegie pals.

I'd rather have Junior Agogo back up front.

Hermit Crab
31-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Sure I heard some Cypriot team (or it might be Bulgarian 😆) are interested

Apollon Limasol?

Greenbeard
31-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Apollon Limasol?
Applyin' Anusol would be more appropriate 'cos he is as likeable as a muckle big haemorrhoid.
No thanks.

Bostonhibby
31-05-2019, 09:05 AM
Applyin' Anusol would be more appropriate 'cos he is as likeable as a muckle big haemorrhoid.
No thanks.[emoji23][emoji23]

Jones28
31-05-2019, 10:43 AM
No no no no no no no

TelaStella
31-05-2019, 01:54 PM
I wouldn’t pay the money to watch something like that turn out for us sorry. Thankfully it’ll never happen and Scottish football can say a final good riddance to the ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aim Here
31-05-2019, 02:17 PM
As someone who abides by the principle of maximum seethe, seeing the reaction to Lafferty scoring for us against either of his two previous teams would be hilarious, if incredibly unlikely...

lord bunberry
31-05-2019, 04:30 PM
I would rather play with 10 men.

jax67
31-05-2019, 05:46 PM
No thanks, not Hibs class, in fact no class at all.

Wilson
31-05-2019, 05:51 PM
No no no no no no no

Mama mia mama mia

Stantons Angel
31-05-2019, 05:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that works both ways. Not many Would want him near Easter road.

it does with me too!

id never want him pulling that jersey over his head! that type of player has no place at Easter Road!

spike220
01-06-2019, 05:41 AM
No no no no no no no

Sounds like a yes

Squealing pig
01-06-2019, 05:58 AM
No thanks

SouthMoroccoStu
01-06-2019, 08:51 AM
He has a lovely tattoo celebrating us beating rangers

Must be a nice guy

Hibernia&Alba
01-06-2019, 09:16 AM
Absolutely one hundred per cent NO!! He's one hundred per cent Hun anway, and wouldn't join Hibs.

Hermit Crab
01-06-2019, 09:53 AM
I'd take him as he is a good finisher just a shame he's a bit of a bell end.

NORTHERNHIBBY
01-06-2019, 10:01 AM
He should never have left Hearts. He was the perfect fit for them in every way.

EI255
01-06-2019, 10:03 AM
anyone got a pic of his 21.5.16 tattoo?

EI255
01-06-2019, 10:04 AM
Absolutely one hundred per cent NO!! He's one hundred per cent Hun anway, and wouldn't join Hibs.

totally and utterly agree :agree:

no thanks.

Weegreenman
01-06-2019, 10:51 AM
He'd be a great signing for us.

I couldn't ever see myself warming to this clown. It’s a big no from me! :cb

Sir David Gray
01-06-2019, 10:57 AM

kaimendhibs
01-06-2019, 10:58 AM
No thanks

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

01-06-2019, 11:12 AM
He should never have left Hearts. He was the perfect fit for them in every way.

He might end up back there.

matty_f
01-06-2019, 11:13 AM
No no no no no no no

There's no limits!

speedy_gonzales
01-06-2019, 11:18 AM
There's no limits!

Brilliant,,,, you sir have my Hibs.net "post of the year" vote!

ben johnson
01-06-2019, 11:19 AM
Close season madness setting in with some on here or a spot of weekend fishing

JoeT
01-06-2019, 11:20 AM
No thanks.

Brilliant😀

Eyrie
01-06-2019, 11:31 AM
I think we need to be more open minded about what Lafferty would offer us.

Teams need a Plan B for when Plan A isn't working, and sometimes even a Plan C. Lafferty would be ideal if we ever needed a Plan Z.

erin go bragh
01-06-2019, 11:35 AM
Please god no . Can play when it suits him but classless individual that I wouldn’t want associated with our club .

heretoday
01-06-2019, 11:54 AM
I don't care. If Heck reckons he can do a job get him in. We could do with a bit of snide up front.

Jones28
01-06-2019, 12:29 PM
There's no limits!

And we have a winner! Well done matty

BILLYHIBS
01-06-2019, 12:35 PM
Laugherty did not have the decency to even speak to Lenny about the possibility of joining us when invited so as far as I am concerned he has burnt his bridges

I would not want him anywhere near my club

Just no happening

Waste of thread space!

Jim44
01-06-2019, 12:44 PM

No, but here’s another fond memory of the muppet.

https://youtu.be/B3iUDg6JEo0

Sir David Gray
01-06-2019, 01:07 PM
No, but here’s another fond memory of the muppet.

https://youtu.be/B3iUDg6JEo0

I do, see above.

basehibby
01-06-2019, 01:08 PM
He does have a tattoo of our greatest day 🍻
But nah just nah

Really? Why? I'm confused by this as he ain't no Hibee

Sir David Gray
01-06-2019, 01:09 PM
Really? Why? I'm confused by this as he ain't no Hibee

He got married on 21st May 2016.

Iggy Pope
01-06-2019, 01:50 PM
He got married on 21st May 2016.

Bet the wedding reception was a ****ing hoot!

Hermit Crab
01-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Bet the wedding reception was a ****ing hoot!

Dunno about a hoot but I bet it involved a flute!

andybev1
01-06-2019, 02:02 PM
Horrible player/person. Remember a couple of seasons back he was meant to meet Lennon and the agent he agreed the meeting with but just left them waiting without a phone call. No respect for Hibs. The feeling is mutual with most fans I am sure.

BSEJVT
01-06-2019, 02:03 PM
I think you're right, we do keep hearing how far ahead of us they are though because of all that extra money.

Hearts are a perfect example of it's not how much you've got but what you do with it. I'm delighted they self built the megastand and potter signs the players.

I don’t think you do keep hearing that but people hear what they want to I suppose.

What you do hear is that if they ever get their act together the extra FOH monies will give them a huge advantage

Seems to me we have 3 options to deal with that situation:

1) keep hoping they **** up and that we keep getting it right

2) take steps to level the playing field so that when either or both of the options under 1 dont fall our way we are in a position to take them on

3) keep sticking our fingers in our ears and shouting la la la at the top of our voices and that will stop anything bad ever happening

As neither 1) or 3) seem tenable long term propositions to me then that leaves us with 2)

I keep reading that 1) hasn’t happened yet but you would need to be either deluded or imbecilic to believe that it won’t one day

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

Still you keep congratulating yourself on being right till now and leave those us of us who don’t want to pick up the pieces when you are wrong one day to get off our ***** now and do something about it.

I take it that your viewpoint is that the £1m or thereabouts raised by HSL and the other monies contributed by shareholders buying direct has had no impact on delivering and preserving our marginal recent supremacy?

Of course it didnt

Btw neither apologies or thanks will be required when that day dawns

We do what we do for the love of Hibs

GGTTH

Since452
01-06-2019, 02:07 PM
Wonder if he's placed a bet on what club he's going to....

Hermit Crab
01-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Wonder if he's placed a bet on what club he's going to....

Thats not funny, many people struggle with a gambling addiction or an addiction of some sort and to be fair it took balls for him to admit that knowing he'd probably get mocked doing so.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2019, 02:10 PM
I don’t think you do keep hearing that but people hear what they want to I suppose.

What you do hear is that if they ever get their act together the extra FOH monies will give them a huge advantage

2) take steps to level the playing field so that when either or both of the options under 1 dont fall our way we are in a position to take them on

3) keep sticking our fingers in our ears and shouting la la la at the top of our voices and that will stop anything bad ever happening

As neither 1) or 3) seem tenable long term propositions to me then that leaves us with 2)

I keep reading that 1) hasn’t happened yet but you would need to be either deluded or imbecilic to believe that it won’t one day

Still you keep congratulating yourself on being right till now and leave those us of us who don’t want to pick up the pieces when you are wrong one day to get off our ***** now and do something about it.

GGTTH

Congratulating?

I hear it from the other half of Edinburgh mostly, and on here from time to time as well.

I agree all you say, as a life long shareholder and someone who has been in HSL from the start I must do.

Liking the squirrel analogy[emoji3]

Iggy Pope
01-06-2019, 03:05 PM

I take it that your viewpoint is that the £1m or thereabouts raised by HSL and the other monies contributed by shareholders buying direct has had no impact on delivering and preserving our marginal recent supremacy?

Of course it didnt

GGTTH

I’m all for HSL, but are you representing the organisation with your many responses or yourself? If it’s the latter I’d stop using such adjective as imbecilic. The thread is about the perennial Hun moron Kyle Lafferty not about HSL.
I’ll continue to contribute to our cause but Hearts and whatever they are raising can go **** themselves with it. Using them as a yardstick is not going to encourage more contributors I don’t think.

BSEJVT
01-06-2019, 03:57 PM
I’m all for HSL, but are you representing the organisation with your many responses or yourself? If it’s the latter I’d stop using such adjective as imbecilic. The thread is about the perennial Hun moron Kyle Lafferty not about HSL.
I’ll continue to contribute to our cause but Hearts and whatever they are raising can go **** themselves with it. Using them as a yardstick is not going to encourage more contributors I don’t think.

I represent me no-one else

Iggy Pope
01-06-2019, 04:03 PM
I represent me no-one else

Well you’ve used a lot of collectives and pluralising in your post, but thanks for letting me know that it’s only you.

we are hibs
01-06-2019, 04:08 PM
Delighted to see another thread turn into an HSL snoozefest.

chrisski33
01-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Nothing to worry about here he wont be signing for us as we arent wanting him.

BSEJVT
01-06-2019, 05:07 PM
Delighted to see another thread turn into an HSL snoozefest.

Great to see another post front someone whose only function on Hibs Net seems to be to criticise and complain

You are a right little ray of sunshine

Try posting something interesting or informative or failing that positive about anything Hibs related

I won’t hold my breath

Here’s Lucy!
01-06-2019, 05:14 PM
How can a Kyle Lafferty thread turn into this?

:confused:

Hermit Crab
01-06-2019, 05:21 PM

Threads regularly drift off topic, I wouldn't worry about it.

Iggy Pope
01-06-2019, 05:25 PM

There’s not any one reason really. No escaping the fact that he is a bonehead who hopefully won’t be coming near us.

we are hibs
01-06-2019, 05:48 PM
Great to see another post front someone whose only function on Hibs Net seems to be to criticise and complain

You are a right little ray of sunshine

Try posting something interesting or informative or failing that positive about anything Hibs related

I won’t hold my breath

Please post more about how much of a better hibs fan you are than everyone else. That's all you ever do. Or you could accept others have a differing opinion without becoming abusive and up yourself. I won't hold my breath.

MSK
01-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Please post more about how much of a better hibs fan you are than everyone else. That's all you ever do. Or you could accept others have a differing opinion without becoming abusive and up yourself. I won't hold my breath.In fairness, he does have a point.

**** Laugherty 🖕

BSEJVT
01-06-2019, 07:56 PM
Please post more about how much of a better hibs fan you are than everyone else. That's all you ever do. Or you could accept others have a differing opinion without becoming abusive and up yourself. I won't hold my breath.

Utter pap

I have never and would never profess to be a better Hibs fan than anyone whether they contribute to HSL or otherwise go home and away or
otherwise

Folk do what they can or want

What I will do is point out inconsistencies in folks comments or positions

Still waiting for you to post anything positive about Hibs. Ever

AZhibee
01-06-2019, 08:11 PM
I agree. I'd take him in a heartbeat

There are other brilliant additions

BILLYHIBS
02-06-2019, 08:06 PM
In fairness, he does have a point.

**** Laugherty 🖕
Agree

In my time on this Forum BSEJVT has always gone out of his way to be as helpful and informative as possible nothing has been too much trouble for him and his comments and opinions have always been clear and concise

Anyway Laugherty is no happening

CraigHibee
02-06-2019, 08:22 PM
i personally wouldn't want him to come to us, he messed us about the last time and tbh although he did score a few for hearts he was horse **** imo. Didn't exactly set the heather alight at sevco either.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2019, 08:29 PM
No thanks, has too much baggage with his off the field problems regardless of his talent/lack of it.

Marvellous
02-06-2019, 08:47 PM
I bet he wishes he stayed at Rangers lite: the only other club in the country where he could still hear Rangers songs sung word for word; and his very own flute song.

AK86
02-06-2019, 10:28 PM
It's an often said phrase, but I absolutely would not go to watch a Hibs team that has that big lanky streak of pash in the team.
He is obscene in so many ways.
I have no worries , it's not going to happen .

HappyAsHellas
02-06-2019, 10:49 PM
I still find some of the objections strange in a way. I mean I don't know enough about Hibs players past or present, but I dare say we have admired racists, misogynists and heaven forbid, even tories over the years watching our beloved team. If Lafferty ever signed and rattled in 20 a season I'm sure we'd put up with it.

02-06-2019, 10:51 PM
i personally wouldn't want him to come to us, he messed us about the last time and tbh although he did score a few for hearts he was horse **** imo. Didn't exactly set the heather alight at sevco either.

Agree, he did score a few for Hearts, 19 last season but 7 of those were in cups (4 of which were against lower league teams). I'd say 12 in 35 league games isn't any better than okay.

Smartie
02-06-2019, 10:54 PM
I still find some of the objections strange in a way. I mean I don't know enough about Hibs players past or present, but I dare say we have admired racists, misogynists and heaven forbid, even tories over the years watching our beloved team. If Lafferty ever signed and rattled in 20 a season I'm sure we'd put up with it.

We would.

He wouldn't be offered any margin when it came to slightly poor performances though. As much as I'm not a fan of the guy, he'd be on a hiding to nothing at Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
02-06-2019, 11:02 PM
I watched him closely at Hearts and his speciality was winning free kicks outside the opposition box
He must have been quite successful at it as referees seemed to fall for it time after time
I also remember a wonder strike versus Brenda’s Celtic at Tinycastle
Anyone else think Neil Lennon has got Celtic playing like HIBS?
Anyway it’s still a no from me

Ómaigh-Hib
02-06-2019, 11:29 PM
He got lucky at hearts. They did a lot to help him through his problems but he got greedy and wanted the money rangers had to offer.
Selfish player. Typical fermanagh man; always looking out for themselves. Would not want him anywhere near our club.

sadtom
03-06-2019, 03:48 AM
Where's that bargepole again?

I can only hope you're intending on beating him to within an inch of his miserable life with it

Smartie
03-06-2019, 05:50 AM
I can only hope you're intending on beating him to within an inch of his miserable life with it

I'd gone so long without finding it that I'd assumed it had taken up the flute and gone to play for Sevco.

Marvellous
03-06-2019, 07:01 AM

He's not good enough for me to tolerate seeing his face and witnessing his dickhead behaviour on a weekly basis. He's an absolute tool.

hibee316
03-06-2019, 07:24 AM
Typical fermanagh man; always looking out for themselves.

What a weird thing to say.

vercol36
03-06-2019, 07:31 AM
Typical fermanagh man; always looking out for themselves. Would not want him anywhere near our club.

I’m curious...how accurate is this County-based psychological profile? Does selfishness operate right up to the County border then stop suddenly? Or is it more of a gradual thing. Just asking, cos my new boss is from Fivemiletown in Co. Derry, but it’s alarmingly close to the Fermanagh border. I’m getting really worried - can you reply ASAP?

vercol36
03-06-2019, 07:33 AM
I’m curious...how accurate is this County-based psychological profile? Does selfishness operate right up to the County border then stop suddenly? Or is it more of a gradual thing. Just asking, cos my new boss is from Fivemiletown in Co. Derry, but it’s alarmingly close to the Fermanagh border. I’m getting really worried - can you reply ASAP?

Also, he’s got a cat. Does it work for cats too? I know cats are c***s in general, but I’m not going to go near it if Fermanagh cats are extra c***y.

The 90+2
03-06-2019, 07:36 AM
Lafferty is the worst kind of hun. It wouldn’t even be a goal in a derby and like him. It would be like Ian Ferguson or John Brown signing but worse because the prick played for Hearts too.

jacomo
03-06-2019, 08:59 AM
Should Hibs express interest in signing him, arrange a meeting and then not bother showing up?

Tobias Funke
03-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Lafferty is the worst kind of hun. It wouldn’t even be a goal in a derby and like him. It would be like Ian Ferguson or John Brown signing but worse because the prick played for Hearts too.

Lafferty should still attract a decent club, if I were him I’d be prostituting my services around some top level English championship sides.

Here’s Lucy!
03-06-2019, 06:14 PM
For me, he's about Motherwell level now.

Or 3rd tier in England.

WeeRussell
03-06-2019, 10:36 PM
Pretty s***e and a total prick.

Not for me.

My_Wife_Camille
03-06-2019, 11:07 PM
Sorry but if he signed for Hibs I’d be more than happy to give him a chance instead of judging him o his past, that’s how being an adult works...

Crazyhorse
03-06-2019, 11:25 PM

They must’ve moved it Fivemiletown was in Co Tyrone last time I drove through it!
And I’ll need to tell my uncle, he lives there and will be chuffed to hear he’s from Derry :)

vercol36
04-06-2019, 06:07 AM
They must’ve moved it Fivemiletown was in Co Tyrone last time I drove through it!
And I’ll need to tell my uncle, he lives there and will be chuffed to hear he’s from Derry :)

😱 The mystery deepens.....