PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: ADAM JACKSON BECOMES SECOND SUMMER SIGNING

RSS Bot
30-05-2019, 03:50 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9998)

04Sauzee
30-05-2019, 03:51 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9998)

Welcome to the cabbage. Look forward to seeing you in the green and white

hfc rd
30-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Welcome to Hibs Adam

Diclonius
30-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Good

Pretty Boy
30-05-2019, 03:53 PM
Know absolutely nothing about him but it's good to get one we have obviously been tracking in early doors.

Fingers crossed he's a success.

Franck Stanton
30-05-2019, 03:54 PM
Great news. Welcome aboard Adam.

Bristolhibby
30-05-2019, 03:55 PM
Wiki entry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Jackson

J

Inconsequential
30-05-2019, 03:55 PM
The second signing of the summer? I thought Adam would be the first man we signed. Shurely shum mishtake.

Northernhibee
30-05-2019, 03:56 PM
McGregor, Hanlon, Porteous and Jackson can play at CB. Two young, two experienced. Perfect.

A new striker, a winger or two next please 🙂

HoboHarry
30-05-2019, 03:56 PM
The second signing of the summer? I thought Adam would be the first man we signed. Shurely shum mishtake.
Scott Allan is mentioned on the website....

iwasthere1972
30-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't know him from Adam but welcome to the Hibees. :aok:

Inconsequential
30-05-2019, 04:00 PM
Scott Allan is mentioned on the website.... Yes I do know that..... Do I have to explain everything?

Oscar T Grouch
30-05-2019, 04:00 PM

Adam, first man....🤨

Speedway
30-05-2019, 04:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8C2pOWi-10

Since452
30-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Welcome

sauzee=legend
30-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Welcome to ER

Billy Whizz
30-05-2019, 04:04 PM
Welcome Adam

Spike Mandela
30-05-2019, 04:05 PM
I see that Barnsley have been promoted to the Championship yet he is coming to us.

Was he being released by Barnsley or has he chosen to come to us over,no doubt, a higher wage? Interesting one.

Northernhibee
30-05-2019, 04:06 PM
I see that Barnsley have been promoted to the Championship yet he is coming to us.

Was he being released by Barnsley or has he chosen to cone to us over,no doubt, a higher wage? Interesting one.

If Hecky is as good a manager to work for as McNulty has suggested we may see other previous players of his come to us.

Michael
30-05-2019, 04:09 PM

Was he being released by Barnsley or has he chosen to cone to us over,no doubt, a higher wage? Interesting one.

He wasn't getting first team football, so it was maybe a mutual decision for him to leave at the expiry of his contract.

The Barnsley forum seem to have the opinion that he did well when called upon.

SquashedFrogg
30-05-2019, 04:11 PM

From a Barnsley forum.

"Good luck to him, hope it works out! He was always a professional, never complained (at least externally) and was there to step in when called upon. Unlucky to be up against two defenders in the form of their life or he probably would've been a regular starter".

Some nice things said about him. Perhaps he needs games? Fresh challenge?

HoboHarry
30-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Yes I do know that..... Do I have to explain everything?
Then email Hibs and tell them their article is inaccurate. I imagine that Allan has to sign a full contract after initially signing a pre-contract in January so Allan could easily have been the first signing...

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2019, 04:30 PM
When his previous club released him the comments from the fans was very complimentary delighted to have him with us.

04Sauzee
30-05-2019, 04:34 PM
If Hecky is as good a manager to work for as McNulty has suggested we may see other previous players of his come to us.

Any thoughts on who? Going to be an interesting summer

04Sauzee
30-05-2019, 04:38 PM
Does seem well liked at Barnsley looking at some of the posts on their forum

Mixed feelings on this.
Good for us, in that would we offload a centre back if there was any intention to sell Pinnock or Lindsay? Hopefully not.
But Hecky knows this lad well, so knows he is getting a good pro who trains well with a brilliant attitude and ability.
So, sad to see him go, because I have rarely seen him put a foot wrong for us, when called upon, but pleased to see him make a move that will likely see him be a first team starter.
Good luck Adam and all the best for your future.

Billy Whizz
30-05-2019, 04:44 PM
Does seem well liked at Barnsley looking at some of the posts on their forum

Mixed feelings on this.
Good for us, in that would we offload a centre back if there was any intention to sell Pinnock or Lindsay? Hopefully not.
But Hecky knows this lad well, so knows he is getting a good pro who trains well with a brilliant attitude and ability.
So, sad to see him go, because I have rarely seen him put a foot wrong for us, when called upon, but pleased to see him make a move that will likely see him be a first team starter.
Good luck Adam and all the best for your future.

That’s a good review of him
Only 25 which is a good age

SRHibs
30-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Then email Hibs and tell them their article is inaccurate. I imagine that Allan has to sign a full contract after initially signing a pre-contract in January so Allan could easily have been the first signing...

I think he might just be making a joke about Adam being the first man.

wakeyhibs
30-05-2019, 04:46 PM
Good signing. Maybe he can bring that Sam winnall tae!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim44
30-05-2019, 04:48 PM

Yes I do know that..... Do I have to explain everything?

I think most of us consider SA as the first signing of the new season, so referring to AJ as the second signing seems fair enough to me. :dunno:

worcesterhibby
30-05-2019, 05:08 PM
I called this signing on the PM board in March.....Just saying :greengrin

PM Boarders ken what's goin' on !

1van Sprou7e
30-05-2019, 05:13 PM
I think most of us consider SA as the first signing of the new season, so referring to AJ as the second signing seems fair enough to me. :dunno:

Christ it's a joke, although to be fair it's certainly a poor one

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Never heard of him, but welcome him aboard. Let's hope he's a good centre-back.

Keith_M
30-05-2019, 05:21 PM

Just came over as a bit sarcastic to me, so it failed miserably.

Anyway, welcome to the club, Adam Jackshun.

(see, another bad joke ;-) )

jax67
30-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Welcome aboard Adam.

HoboHarry
30-05-2019, 05:35 PM

(see, another bad joke ;-) )
Take back what I said yesterday - you're not really a banger..... :greengrin

Diclonius
30-05-2019, 05:41 PM
He's actually the 4th signing of the season.

Fuzzywuzzy
30-05-2019, 05:49 PM

Certainly no RIB tickler

Hermit Crab
30-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Can he play left back?

Inconsequential
30-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Then email Hibs and tell them their article is inaccurate. I imagine that Allan has to sign a full contract after initially signing a pre-contract in January so Allan could easily have been the first signing... You still don't understand it do you? Shame.

Jim44
30-05-2019, 06:13 PM

Doh, but I agree it’s so crap it went over my head.:greengrin

SRHibs
30-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Doh, but I agree it’s so crap it went over my head.:greengrin

Yup, not the kind of joke that apples to me.

Inconsequential
30-05-2019, 06:16 PM

(see, another bad joke ;-) ) How dare you post bad jokes on this forum can you not see some posters will get upset? This sure is a friendly place.

Zazu62
30-05-2019, 06:18 PM
Not played many games in the last 3 years 38 according to wiki

HoboHarry
30-05-2019, 06:18 PM
You still don't understand it do you? Shame.
I get it now but it's you that maybe needs to learn that when your joke has to be explained to multiple people, that your attempt at humour fell on it's a**e.

Thanks for playing though....

Inconsequential
30-05-2019, 06:28 PM
I get it now but it's you that maybe needs to learn that when your joke has to be explained to multiple people, that your attempt at humour fell on it's a**e.

Thanks for playing though.... Maybe people that have intelligence would be able to grasp it straight away. Crime of the century a bad joke...guilty as charged. This is a sad place.

My_Wife_Camille
30-05-2019, 06:33 PM
Maybe people that have intelligence would be able to grasp it straight away. Crime of the century a bad joke...guilty as charged. This is a sad place.

Spot on

Inconsequential
30-05-2019, 06:34 PM
Spot on Thank you.

Jim44
30-05-2019, 06:34 PM
Maybe some of the younger, sharper dudes on this forum should make allowances for us older, slower on the uptake punters by slipping in the odd emoji. :greengrin Anyway, I don’t think this place is as unfriendly and sad as it’s being painted here.:love ya!:

30-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Not played many games in the last 3 years 38 according to wiki

Same as Scott Allan.

Welcome to Hibs Adam.

Eyrie
30-05-2019, 06:49 PM
Maybe people that have intelligence would be able to grasp it straight away. Crime of the century a bad joke...guilty as charged. This is a sad place.

As an atheist I got it immediately and enjoyed the humour.

Back on topic, delighted to sign a player that Heckingbottom knows well. Be interesting to see how he fits into the team but it certainly gives us real competition for CH.

CMurdoch
30-05-2019, 06:55 PM
He is a guy the manager wanted and the job is over the line.
Good stuff. Hope he does well.

Ambrose replacement. Tick.

Now to replace McGeough, McGinn, Stokes and Milligan/Bartley
Add a sprinkling of loan players and Bob's yer aunty.

Lago
30-05-2019, 07:09 PM
Bit slow down Texas way :greengrin

Lago
30-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Loved it. Too deep for some though😂

NAE NOOKIE
31-05-2019, 12:48 AM
Welcome to the Hibees Adam :aok:

A bit worried about his lack of 1st team appearances for Barnsley, but that's definitely tempered by the fact that the Barnsley fans seem to think the guys keeping him out have been in great form, as affirmed by them getting promoted I would presume, and also by the fact that they have a few good things to say about him.

Rob Jones got a mention … if he turns out to be as good for us as he was who the hell could complain about that, here's hoping :greengrin

sambajustice
31-05-2019, 01:03 PM
Speaking to my Barnsley ST holder mate, he said Hecky played him as a holding midfielder and is a bit of a ball player. Maybe a Milligan/Bartley replacement rather than centre half cover.

Said he was quite good but they brought in a guy from Germany who was a little better and kept him out the team.

Didnt have a bad word to say about him which is something coming from the guy who told me this.

He also said we were linked with someone else who has been released from Barnsley. Rated him highly but never got back to full fitness with them after his first stint with Barnsley, cant remember the name of the guy though.

Keith_M
31-05-2019, 01:29 PM
Take back what I said yesterday - you're not really a banger..... :greengrin

Thank you, you're so kind

:greengrin

Keith_M
31-05-2019, 01:32 PM

Spot on

Macfie, you're in bad company if MWC agrees with you.

Can't you guys just let it go and be happy about our new signing?

TrinityHibs
31-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Macfie, you're in bad company if MWC agrees with you.

Can't you guys just let it go and be happy about our second summer signing?

Fixed that for you

bingo70
31-05-2019, 01:58 PM
Speaking to my Barnsley ST holder mate, he said Hecky played him as a holding midfielder and is a bit of a ball player. Maybe a Milligan/Bartley replacement rather than centre half cover.

Said he was quite good but they brought in a guy from Germany who was a little better and kept him out the team.

Didnt have a bad word to say about him which is something coming from the guy who told me this.

He also said we were linked with someone else who has been released from Barnsley. Rated him highly but never got back to full fitness with them after his first stint with Barnsley, cant remember the name of the guy though.

Ryan Hedges?

matty_f
31-05-2019, 02:00 PM
Ryan Hedges?

No he doesn't.

sambajustice
31-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Ryan Hedges?

Might be. Apparently went to Barnsley, tore it up and helped them get promoted. Went back to Southampton I think it was, warmed the bench for a season. Went back to Barnsley this season but not got fit and a bit injury prone this year.

Whatever the guys name is, my mate said he was one of their best players when they got promoted a couple of years ago!

Northernhibee
31-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Ryan Hedges?
Got any clips?

Heisenberg
31-05-2019, 05:59 PM
Might be. Apparently went to Barnsley, tore it up and helped them get promoted. Went back to Southampton I think it was, warmed the bench for a season. Went back to Barnsley this season but not got fit and a bit injury prone this year.

Whatever the guys name is, my mate said he was one of their best players when they got promoted a couple of years ago!

Sounds like Lloyd Isgrove who has just been freed by Barnsley.

04Sauzee
31-05-2019, 06:01 PM
Got any clips?

https://youtu.be/WwA7CJ8iwdY

04Sauzee
31-05-2019, 06:03 PM
Sounds like Lloyd Isgrove who has just been freed by Barnsley.

https://youtu.be/b8oIGhInCP8

theonlywayisup
31-05-2019, 06:34 PM
Interesting 'first' signing for Hibs with Heckingbottom in charge.

Wonder what role the recruitment team had on this signing.

bingo70
31-05-2019, 06:39 PM

Jonathon Spector was heckingbottoms first signing.

The Recruitment team are there to work with the manager, not force signings upon him.

If Heckers knows a player and wants to sign him then he’ll get the final say.

Heisenberg
31-05-2019, 06:55 PM

It was the same under Lennon. If he had a player that he liked then we’d try and sign him, regardless of the targets put forward by the recruitment team. Manager will get to decide who he signs.