PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Strachan (NHC)

Northernhibee
30-05-2019, 02:48 PM
Local papers suggesting he’s been approached and will likely be the new DoF at Dundee.

I get a feeling that we have have dodged a bullet.

Phil MaGlass
30-05-2019, 02:49 PM
I like Gordon and thihk he would do a great job there.

JimBHibees
30-05-2019, 02:50 PM

Assuming he still lives down south and this sort of part time role would suit both parties.

Since452
30-05-2019, 02:51 PM
Would be extremely popular up here in the city of discovery. Still well thought of around these parts.

Northernhibee
30-05-2019, 02:51 PM

Do you think his heart would have been in the managers role here though? I do think DoF may be better suited to him.

He could hire a fifteen year old looking for work experience as manager, pass him notes saying “schematics” and “remove the goalposts” then take four months to appoint himself manager when the young lad leaves. It’s what big teams do.

Nutmegged
30-05-2019, 09:24 PM
Local papers suggesting he’s been approached and will likely be the new DoF at Dundee.

Don't know about dodging a bullet, he's a good manager but I think at this stage he's absolutely perfect for a DoF role, he's a bit of a nightmare with the press but players love him and he's at his best on the training ground, I think he'd be perfect for a role like that here.

tamig
30-05-2019, 09:30 PM
Don't know about dodging a bullet, he's a good manager but I think at this stage he's absolutely perfect for a DoF role, he's a bit of a nightmare with the press but players love him and he's at his best on the training ground, I think he'd be perfect for a role like that here.

I don’t think a DoF role amounts to working on the training ground though.

CMurdoch
30-05-2019, 09:51 PM
I think he is a good manager.
I thought Dundee wanted to employ him as an advisor rather than as a director of football.
An advisor would be much cheaper than a DOF.

Would he just be on the end of a phone if McPake wants advise?
What can he offer other than give advise and raise their profile?

California-Hibs
30-05-2019, 10:57 PM

Dodged a bullet? Strange comment. He done great in 2017 as Scotland manager, and his overall track record is very good. Very likeable guy also and loves the Hibs. Think if true he'll do just fine if given that role