PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

we are hibs
30-05-2019, 06:07 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/scott-allan-adopts-strict-fitness-regime-to-ensure-peak-condition-for-hibs-return-1-4937499

Apparently in the best shape of his career and took up yoga in January to make sure he is in top condition before pre season starts.

The Spaceman
30-05-2019, 06:26 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/scott-allan-adopts-strict-fitness-regime-to-ensure-peak-condition-for-hibs-return-1-4937499

Apparently in the best shape of his career and took up yoga in January to make sure he is in top condition before pre season starts.

Follow him on Instagram - he has definitely been putting in a shift at some private football training complex. If he still has the same brain, then we are in for one hell of a midfielder next season.

DetroitHibs
30-05-2019, 06:28 AM
Very excited at the prospect of seeing Allan and Boyle back on the pitch.

JimBHibees
30-05-2019, 06:36 AM
Think he could have a great understanding with Sparky mcnulty who makes great off the ball runs.

04Sauzee
30-05-2019, 06:53 AM
Think he could have a great understanding with Sparky mcnulty who makes great off the ball runs.

That could take a hoof of Berra proportions if he's still at Reading 😀

Pagan Hibernia
30-05-2019, 06:58 AM
Looking forward to seeing him ping one straight into touch from the kick off. Think he’ll have great accuracy to gain some good territory.

Since452
30-05-2019, 06:58 AM

Follow him on Instagram and yeah he's been working on his fitness a lot

jeffers
30-05-2019, 07:16 AM
Hopefully another season with us playing as we know he can and he’ll be in the Scotland squad where his talent belongs. Getting a player of his ability at 27 on a three year deal is a fantastic bit of business. Really excited to see him again next season along with hopefully McNulty up front and Omeonga beside him.

JimBHibees
30-05-2019, 10:20 AM
That could take a hoof of Berra proportions if he's still at Reading 😀

Hoping he wont be. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
30-05-2019, 10:34 AM
The consensus among professionals seems to be that there's no substitute for game time, so fit or not it will probably take him a wee while to get up to speed.

Hibernian32
30-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Can't wait for Saturday and he's back in the right shade eh green

Forza Fred
30-05-2019, 10:37 AM
Looking forward to seeing him ping one straight into touch from the kick off. Think he’ll have great accuracy to gain some good territory.

Ho ho!

BlackSheep
30-05-2019, 10:38 AM
Can't wait for Saturday and he's back in the right shade eh green

Emerald or Bottle :)

Wilson
30-05-2019, 10:44 AM
Follow him on Instagram - he has definitely been putting in a shift at some private football training complex. If he still has the same brain, then we are in for one hell of a midfielder next season.

As long as Marty Feldman isn't handling his affairs he will probably come with the same brain.

CockneyRebel
30-05-2019, 10:49 AM
The consensus among professionals seems to be that there's no substitute for game time, so fit or not it will probably take him a wee while to get up to speed.

Plenty of friendlies and cup ties to get everyone up to speed before the league season starts

One Day Soon
30-05-2019, 11:01 AM
As long as Marty Feldman isn't handling his affairs he will probably come with the same brain.

:agree:

30-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Follow him on Instagram and yeah he's been working on his fitness a lot

Good to hear he's not been doing a Vanecek.

Cocaine&Caviar
30-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Marciano

Gray Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Allan Omeonga Horgan

Kamberi McNulty

Would do for me

Heisenberg
30-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Marciano

Kamberi McNulty

Would do for me

That midfield would be unbelievable going forwards but would get absolutely pumped defensively.

Michael
30-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Marciano

Kamberi McNulty

Would do for me

Definitely need a more defensive midfielder in there in place of Boyle/Horgan/Kamberi/McNulty IMO.

stokesmessiah
30-05-2019, 11:27 AM
That midfield would be unbelievable going forwards but would get absolutely pumped defensively.

This.

147lothian
30-05-2019, 12:17 PM

Aye a tend to agree with this, so I think fans are going to have to show a bit of patience it may well take him half a season to get up speed, when he has game time under his belt we'll see the real SA don't forget he was player of the year in a championship that included hertz and the rangers that's what got him the move to celtic an unquestionable talent and a great bit of business to get him at 27 on a 3 year deal.

KeithTheHibby
30-05-2019, 12:34 PM
Aye a tend to agree with this, so I think fans are going to have to show a bit of patience it may well take him half a season to get up speed, when he has game time under his belt we'll see the real SA don't forget he was player of the year in a championship that included hertz and the rangers that's what got him the move to celtic an unquestionable talent and a great bit of business to get him at 27 on a 3 year deal.

Disagree with that part.

He may not have played competitive football for a year however he will be starting on the same foot as every other player next season.
He will have a full pre-season under his belt so I don't expect him to have any problem getting up to speed.

CapitalGreen
30-05-2019, 12:38 PM
Disagree with that part.

He may not have played competitive football for a year however he will be starting on the same foot as every other player next season.
He will have a full pre-season under his belt so I don't expect him to have any problem getting up to speed.

Agreed, I think it gets longer every time someone mentions it. Used to be "a couple of games", then "a couple of weeks", then months and now its half a season.

calumhibee1
30-05-2019, 01:32 PM
Agreed, I think it gets longer every time someone mentions it. Used to be "a couple of games", then "a couple of weeks", then months and now its half a season.

Yup. If a player needs more than one or two games to get up to speed then there’s something wrong.

Onceinawhile
30-05-2019, 01:46 PM
Yup. If a player needs more than one or two games to get up to speed then there’s something wrong.

How long til someone blames his diabetes for a poor performance?

LeithMike
30-05-2019, 02:00 PM
Marciano

Kamberi McNulty

Would do for meMcGeouch for Kamberi (with the obvious formation adjustment) and I'd take it along with some competition/back-up for McNulty and wide positions.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
30-05-2019, 02:58 PM
We need Mallan in our starting eleven IMO. Swapping Kamberi for McGeouch would remove goals from up front and if we were to drop Mallan that’s another 20-30 goals from assists or goals from him we’d need to replace.

ArmadaleHibs
30-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Steve Mallan is the players player and fans player of the year. His goals in a semi decent side have been invaluable. In a better side he will get even better. I have no doubt. He should and I would imagine will start every game. I can’t wait to see him alongside scotty allan

GGTTH

Unseen work
30-05-2019, 03:36 PM
Luckily Scott is a confident boy as the pressure on him is incredible.

He’s one of my favourite players though, in terms of style, vision and flair. He should be one of the best midfielders in the league and is yet to discover his best form as he’s made some poor career moves.

From January to end of last season he was absolutely brilliant and had added a real work rate and goals to his game, think he scored 4? I can see him playing in the hole for heck or potentially on the left of a 4 as Omeonga done for us.

No way should Mallan be dropped and I don’t expect him to, I think people have got too carried away with what Heckingbottom has said about pace, power etc. If you look at his Barnsley team it was a relatively small midfield, they were however fit and competitive all over the park with real drive and directness out wide.

I expect us to sign a sitting midfielder with legs to get about the park and put pressure on players with the tactical knowledge of when to sit etc.

I think he is more concerned about 1 vs 1 positions out wide and up top, being able to pin teams back and drive at them or go over the top. If you have that out ball teams get scared and sit off, leaving more space in the middle for guys like Allan, Mallan etc.

Lloyd Isgrove. Connor Hourihane. Josh Brownhill Adam Hammil

That was his midfield at Barnsley when they won the final. Not one of them is over 6 ft.

Diclonius
30-05-2019, 04:04 PM
As long as Malallan have someone in there to help them out, they will do just fine.

Hibs1969
30-05-2019, 04:25 PM
Disagree with that part.

When he came back to us on loan a year past January he hadn’t played much at all but fitted in seamlessly and looked like he’d never been away. Here’s hoping for more of the same 🙏🏼

Stokesy's on fire
30-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Cant wait to see him play for us again and to hear he has been doing extra work to be ready just goes to show how much he wants to do well at Hibernian

J-C
31-05-2019, 08:34 AM
Getting McGeouch in would allow Mallan more freedom

Aim Here
31-05-2019, 08:43 AM
When he came back to us on loan a year past January he hadn’t played much at all but fitted in seamlessly and looked like he’d never been away. Here’s hoping for more of the same 🙏🏼

He was picked for every game at Dens Park he was eligible for (he dropped a few due to injury or loan restrictions) and only sat out two full games on the subs bench. He was getting regular first-team gametime at Dundee.

Hermit Crab
31-05-2019, 09:02 AM
Potential to be a club legend, love Scotty Allan, some player. :not worth

jax67
31-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Look how much Kamberi benefitted from having Allan in the team. Imagine how well McNulty would do. Hope we can do a deal to get McNulty back.

JimBHibees
31-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Look how much Kamberi benefitted from having Allan in the team. Imagine how well McNulty would do. Hope we can do a deal to get McNulty back.

Totally agree think Mcnulty will seem like a different player next season given how good his movement is and being fed by Scott Allan's reverse passes.

Since452
31-05-2019, 12:35 PM
Allan is just sheer class

jax67
31-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Totally agree think Mcnulty will seem like a different player next season given how good his movement is and being fed by Scott Allan's reverse passes.

👍

Stevie Reid
31-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Don't think I've ever been as excited about a signing as I am about Scotty.

LeithMike
31-05-2019, 03:06 PM
Quite funny to see the positive reaction to Scotty returning. Almost the complete opposite to when he signed for us for the second time when very few (if any) wanted him back. Talk about redemption. . .

CockneyRebel
31-05-2019, 03:34 PM

Nonsense! He will have a full pre season with friendlies and cup ties with the rest of the squad so match fitness/sharpness should not be a concern at all.

we are hibs
31-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Nonsense! He will have a full pre season with friendlies and cup ties with the rest of the squad so match fitness/sharpness should not be a concern at all.

He hasn't played in a competitive first team match since May 2018. It might take him a couple of months to get into his groove.

Hibee Mac
31-05-2019, 04:39 PM
Don't think I've ever been as excited about a signing as I am about Scotty.

Agreed, last time I was this excited was the last time he signed for us 😂

jax67
31-05-2019, 04:45 PM
Quite funny to see the positive reaction to Scotty returning. Almost the complete opposite to when he signed for us for the second time when very few (if any) wanted him back. Talk about redemption. . .

Very few people I know didn’t want him back second time, no brainier for me as far as footballing decisions go.

jax67
31-05-2019, 04:47 PM
He hasn't played in a competitive first team match since May 2018. It might take him a couple of months to get into his groove.

His desire to be on the ball makes me think it won’t be long before he’s splitting defences again.

Smartie
31-05-2019, 04:53 PM
Agreed, last time I was this excited was the last time he signed for us 😂

I was drifting away from Hibs, but his signing the first time made be buy a season ticket.

Scott Allan is an absolute joy to watch play football.

Hibee Mac
31-05-2019, 05:32 PM
I was drifting away from Hibs, but his signing the first time made be buy a season ticket.

Scott Allan is an absolute joy to watch play football.

Agreed, he's one of those rare players who frequently pulls off the unexpected. I'm excited every time he's on the ball so can't wait until next season, 3 year deal is also a fantastic piece of business.

CockneyRebel
31-05-2019, 06:29 PM

I made the point about pre season, friendlies and cup ties (remember that's all that the rest of the squad will get - will we have to wait a couple of months for all of them as well?). He has kept fit and put in extra shifts so I'm sure by the start of the season he will be fine. Just IMO so let's see how it goes.

PH91
31-05-2019, 08:13 PM
Very few people I know didn’t want him back second time, no brainier for me as far as footballing decisions go.

Yep, all the hibees i knew were happy to have him back. In fact, a good few were cheesed off when he went to dundee rather than us at the start of the season.

Fritz
31-05-2019, 08:24 PM

That is simply not true.

31-05-2019, 09:03 PM
A fully fit, eager to prove a point Scott Allan is a very exciting prospect indeed :thumbsup:

On his day he's one of the best midfielders in the league. The way he ripped the absolute pish outta Rangers in the 4-0 game at ER a few seasons ago, absolutely unbelievable and probably one of the best individual performances ive ever witnessed from a hibs player. Every hibs player was fantastic that day but Scott Allan in particular just ran the show and better still, had that wee rat Ian Black absolutely on toast. Black could get absolutely nowhere near him that day, you could see him getting more and more frustrated so was rightly subbed before he was inevitably sent off as trying to boot Allan was his only chance of getting close to stopping him.

Codheed
31-05-2019, 10:52 PM
Not long now ................................. !!

jax67
01-06-2019, 04:32 AM
All we need is a bit of protection for him in there.

JimBHibees
01-06-2019, 06:43 AM
A fully fit, eager to prove a point Scott Allan is a very exciting prospect indeed :thumbsup:

On his day he's one of the best midfielders in the league. The way he ripped the absolute pish outta Rangers in the 4-0 game at ER a few seasons ago, absolutely unbelievable and probably one of the best individual performances ive ever witnessed from a hibs player. Every hibs player was fantastic that day but Scott Allan in particular just ran the show and better still, had that wee rat Ian Black absolutely on toast. Black could get absolutely nowhere near him that day, you could see him getting more and more frustrated so was rightly subbed before he was inevitably sent off as trying to boot Allan was his only chance of getting close to stopping him.

That was brilliant when Black was subbed after 30 mins. Hysterical wee hissy fit. Scotty owned him big time.

Centre Hawf
01-06-2019, 07:05 AM

When we were linked with him I was delighted with the prospect of him coming back.

sauzee=legend
01-06-2019, 07:16 AM
Was I right in thinking he is officially our player from today?
(1st of June)

J-C
01-06-2019, 09:53 AM
Was I right in thinking he is officially our player from today?
(1st of June)

Just looked and seems to be 11th June

LeithMike
01-06-2019, 10:00 AM
That is simply not true.Yeah, looked through some of the old threads and there were a number of people keen for him to sign. Still, he was pretty much a pariah at one point and a divisive figure for the support but now his signing has been universally welcomed. It just shows you how well he did in his 4-5 months' loan period (not just performances but attitude and conduct too).

Really looking forward to seeing Scott playing for Hibs again and hope we get the right players around him.

JoeT
01-06-2019, 10:46 AM

Don't underestimate the challenge of managing diabetes as an athlete. Exercise impacts blood sugar significantly and not always in a predictable way. Both high and low blood sugar will impact performance and staying in the middle is not always easy

HibeesGal
01-06-2019, 10:55 AM
https://mobile.twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1134771278974541824

Eyrie
01-06-2019, 11:23 AM
There were a number of posters (myself included) who didn't want Allan back for the six month loan spell based on how he left us and what he'd done in the interval.

Allan's performances on his return won me (and I'm sure everyone else) over.

jax67
01-06-2019, 12:27 PM
When we were linked with him I was delighted with the prospect of him coming back.

Me tae!

weecounty hibby
01-06-2019, 12:33 PM
I'm big enough to admit that I wasn't fussed about him coming back last time after the way he left. But he proved me wrong with the way he played, can't wait to see him back next season

Hermit Crab
01-06-2019, 01:51 PM
I'm big enough to admit that I wasn't fussed about him coming back last time after the way he left. But he proved me wrong with the way he played, can't wait to see him back next season

I remember a few dunderheeds giving him dogs abuse away at Dumbarton for apparently not trying hard enough which resulted in small outbreaks of fans scrapping with each. Ridiculous behaviour that day. He's a top player, we should think ourselves lucky to have him as imo, he's too good for this league.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2019, 01:57 PM
I remember a few dunderheeds giving him dogs abuse away at Dumbarton for apparently not trying hard enough which resulted in small outbreaks of fans scrapping with each. Ridiculous behaviour that day. He's a top player, we should think ourselves lucky to have him as imo, he's too good for this league.

Think it was more to do with him handing in a transfer request, so he could go to Rangers
Thankfully Hibs stood strong

Hermit Crab
01-06-2019, 01:59 PM
Think it was more to do with him handing in a transfer request, so he could go to Rangers

I can't ever see us selling to them again Billy, it would have to be some offer from them but **** their money we don't want it.

Iggy Pope
01-06-2019, 02:49 PM

He was not a popular laddie that day though and I understood why at the time. Bad enough being forced to play (and lose) games against Dumbarton without your top man trying to find his way to those *******s (who we were in absolute competition with at the time). I think he realised his mistake pretty quickly and he’s been great for Hibs since then and hopefully again.

Diclonius
01-06-2019, 03:04 PM
Allan telling McCann he wanted to go to us and his performances (and attitude) since have shown he realised he'd made a mistake and wanted to make up for it.

Shrekko
01-06-2019, 10:54 PM
Don't underestimate the challenge of managing diabetes as an athlete. Exercise impacts blood sugar significantly and not always in a predictable way. Both high and low blood sugar will impact performance and staying in the middle is not always easy

Sometimes he’s does look tired after 70 mins but he’s often full of running near the end in other games which probably proves your point.

He’s so good though and it’s going to be great having him for hopefully his peak years.

Northernhibee
01-06-2019, 11:41 PM
Being truthful I thought his behaviour under Stubbs at the start of his second season was absolutely appalling and I never wanted to see him back in a Hibs shirt again.

His performances when we signed him on loan suggested that he was willing to make up for his mistake. I hope he never is as stupid again and I'm looking forward to his return.

Unseen work
02-06-2019, 11:57 AM
https://twitter.com/homeofhibs/status/1134955985079033857?s=21

Brilliant to see.

Maybe needs to brush up on his timing a bit though!😁

Hermit Crab
02-06-2019, 12:30 PM
I love this man. Scotty is going to be a Hibs legend 100%. Fully fit and on his game he is unplayable. Cannot wait to see him in the famous green and white again.

02-06-2019, 12:49 PM
https://twitter.com/homeofhibs/status/1134955985079033857?s=21

Brilliant to see.

Maybe needs to brush up on his timing a bit though!😁

Good lad. Can't wait to see him back.

Hibeewilly
02-06-2019, 02:22 PM
Great to see...….a terrific player:agree:

.Sean.
02-06-2019, 09:07 PM
Try living with t1 diabetes on a daily basis. I do and it is utterly exhausting. No wonder he’s blowing out of his arse after an hour with the shift he puts in coupled with the condition.

dp00
12-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Looking at his Instagram lately looks like him, Doran’s and Patrick Roberts are putting in some extra training .... some good dedication

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unseen work
12-06-2019, 06:08 PM
Looking at his Instagram lately looks like him, Doran’s and Patrick Roberts are putting in some extra training .... some good dedication

He’s certainly putting the work in that’s for sure. He looks in fantastic condition and like he has already done a pre season, not away to start one!

Can’t wait to see what a fully fit Scott Allan can do with a full pre season under him!

Here’s Lucy!
12-06-2019, 06:09 PM

That's great to hear. :aok:

HibbyAndy
12-06-2019, 07:00 PM

Patrick Roberts signed for Norwich has he no ?

Pretty Boy
12-06-2019, 07:05 PM
I can't wait to see Scott Allan back in Hibs gear. Some things are just meant to be and Allan and Hibs fall into that bracket. I think he realises it now as well.

JohnM1875
12-06-2019, 08:18 PM
He's looks in outstanding shape! Cannot wait to see him at ER again terrorising the opposition.

hfc rd
12-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Patrick Roberts signed for Norwich has he no ?

Yep, season loan

The 90+2
12-06-2019, 08:39 PM
I can't wait to see Scott Allan back in Hibs gear. Some things are just meant to be and Allan and Hibs fall into that bracket. I think he realises it now as well.

This. We will get the remainder of his career which I’m hoping is another 5 years at a very impressive level. This time next year he will be in the Scotland squad.

Since452
12-06-2019, 09:33 PM
This. We will get the remainder of his career which I’m hoping is another 5 years at a very impressive level. This time next year he will be in the Scotland squad.

Yeah i can't see him leaving us again. He knows where he's happiest.

Smartie
12-06-2019, 09:39 PM

He'll be off at the first sign of more cash.

To manage to do so, he'll need to play very well for us.

I'm not going to get all weepy schoolgirl when the inevitable happens, and I'll enjoy every moment of him playing for us between now and then.

12-06-2019, 09:44 PM
Last season we really missed his ability to play that killer pass to unlock a defence.

I'm hoping for big things this season from Scotty but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. Don't want to be too disappointed if he gets off to a slow start.

Marvellous
13-06-2019, 08:34 AM

This is becoming a bit cringeworthy.

Onceinawhile
13-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Try living with t1 diabetes on a daily basis. I do and it is utterly exhausting. No wonder he’s blowing out of his arse after an hour with the shift he puts in coupled with the condition.

I'm not doubting that it is utterly exhausting. My point was meant to be that the second he has a bad game, it will be used as an reason, rather than just that he played poorly.

Golden Bear
13-06-2019, 08:45 AM
Let's hope the laddie lives up to the apparent very high expectations.

Personally I think it will take him time to regain the high qualities he obviously has and I hope last season's period of "inactivity" has not damaged his mind set.

We'll see.

calumhibee1
13-06-2019, 08:55 AM

I'm not going to get all weepy schoolgirl when the inevitable happens, and I'll enjoy every moment of him playing for us between now and then.

Yup. And hopefully he’ll get the opportunity to bugger off to a higher level again as it’ll mean he’s been tearing it up for us.

Here’s Lucy!
13-06-2019, 04:59 PM

Correct. He would go to the Rangers at the drop of a hat.

This is becoming a bit cringeworthy.

Correct.

HoboHarry
13-06-2019, 05:02 PM
Correct. He would go to the Rangers at the drop of a hat.

Correct.
He would go to any number of clubs at the drop of a hat if it was a step up. As would almost any other player anywhere in the world...

marinello59
13-06-2019, 05:05 PM
He would go to any number of clubs at the drop of a hat if it was a step up. As would almost any other player anywhere in the world...

Exactly.
I can’t wait to see him back in a Hibs strip.

BlackSheep
13-06-2019, 05:16 PM
It’s great to see a player working hard in pre-pre-season. After a waste of a year of his career it looks like Scott is doing his best to hit the ground running. All the best to him and hopefully he can reproduce the form he has in hibs shirt in the past, it’s exciting to wait and see. The potential impact he can have on the team is definitely a big one and if all goes tonplan other players will benefit too... looking forward to our first few games with him back.

BILLYHIBS
13-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Bought my Season Ticket to see Scott Allan back and Heckys first full season at the wheel with hopefully more of his signings to come it is only the second week in June and already everyone is trying to spoil things 😁

MSK
13-06-2019, 05:22 PM
Exactly.
I can’t wait to see him back in a Hibs strip.Likewise, and alongside our other new signings

13-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Transfer window opened a couple of days ago so I'd have expected us to register Scotty as a Hibs player right away. I'm guessing they're waiting on him getting back from holiday before officially announcing it. Or maybe they're working on an announcement video.

tamig
13-06-2019, 06:59 PM

Personally I think it will take him time to regain the high qualities he obviously has and I hope last season's period of "inactivity" has not damaged his mind set.

We'll see.
I think he’ll hit the ground running and be on it from the start. He seems to be a man on a mission.

Franck Stanton
13-06-2019, 07:26 PM
Just announce Scott Allan and show us him outside the training ground with the scarf above his head. P L E A S E

Just Jimmy
13-06-2019, 07:28 PM
kenny Miller said the other day he's officially back on 10th but on holiday so starts back on 20th.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

tamig
13-06-2019, 07:33 PM
kenny Miller said the other day he's officially back on 10th but on holiday so starts back on 20th.

Kenny Miller is officially back at Dundee on the 10th but they’re letting him have another 10 days? Whats that all about? And whats it got to do with Scotty?

Just Jimmy
13-06-2019, 08:54 PM
Kenny Miller is officially back at Dundee on the 10th but they’re letting him have another 10 days? Whats that all about? And whats it got to do with Scotty?o.k.

Here’s Lucy!
14-06-2019, 04:40 PM

We'll see.

This is what worries me.

The way folk are talking, he's going to rip up the league and smoke a cigar at the same time.

Unfair pressure on him in my opinion, good player he undoubtedly is, but let's keep calm and give him a chance to get back to where he was.

Smartie
14-06-2019, 04:44 PM
This is what worries me.

The way folk are talking, he's going to rip up the league and smoke a cigar at the same time.

Unfair pressure on him in my opinion, good player he undoubtedly is, but let's keep calm and give him a chance to get back to where he was.

I disagree.

He's a cracking player and deserves better than to be left in a comfort zone.

The player is putting in a power of work to be ready to impress. Let's set a high bar, let's expect a lot of Scott and all the other players.

He's capable enough and I think he'll thrive on the pressure.

The_Horde
14-06-2019, 04:46 PM
This is what worries me.

Don't think it's this at all. I think people are just really looking forward to seeing him pulling on the green and white and doing what he does best again.

I think he'll be a fans favourite and he'll naturally be allowed some leniency because of that.

If results are going badly the usual scapegoats will get it in the neck!

Hermit Crab
14-06-2019, 04:48 PM
This is what worries me.

I just want to see him back in the colours green and white playing the wonderful football we all know he is capable of. Theres no pressure on him as he is more than capable of tearing up this league. we've seen him do it previously.

southsider
14-06-2019, 08:21 PM
Lewis & Paul expect him to hit the ground running. On STV this eve.

bingo70
17-06-2019, 09:14 PM
For anyone that’s interested in how hard it is for him playing with Type 1 Diabetes I see he’s put a link on his Instagram story to a short film called Hypo that could be an interesting watch.

I’ve not been able to watch it myself as I’m having to read about it with the sound down so not sure if the link is a trailer or it is actually the short film but thought it could be worth mentioning.

I suspect Heckingbottom will be a good manager for him working with that condition.

jacomo
17-06-2019, 10:17 PM
I disagree.

He's a cracking player and deserves better than to be left in a comfort zone.

The player is putting in a power of work to be ready to impress. Let's set a high bar, let's expect a lot of Scott and all the other players.

He's capable enough and I think he'll thrive on the pressure.

I think he thrives when he knows his team mates are going to try and get the ball to him and expect him to do something with it.

He may take a little while to get going but he’s not here to make up the numbers.

The_Exile
17-06-2019, 11:19 PM
For anyone that’s interested in how hard it is for him playing with Type 1 Diabetes I see he’s put a link on his Instagram story to a short film called Hypo that could be an interesting watch.

I’ve not been able to watch it myself as I’m having to read about it with the sound down so not sure if the link is a trailer or it is actually the short film but thought it could be worth mentioning.

I suspect Heckingbottom will be a good manager for him working with that condition.

It’s really difficult playing with it, I jacked it in aged 15/16 as just couldn’t hack it any longer so he has my utmost respect for making it work. There’s quite a few type 1 pros out there these days and sure there will be more in the future now that managing the condition is becoming relatively easier with new technologies.

Lendo
18-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Kenny Miller is officially back at Dundee on the 10th but they’re letting him have another 10 days? Whats that all about? And whats it got to do with Scotty?

I assume this is a joke.

jeffers
18-06-2019, 11:34 AM
This is what worries me.

I get your point but I think expectations are realistic based on his performances last season. You don’t lose that ability in 12 months. SJM aside, Scott Allan is one of my favourite Hibs players in recent memory. It’s a total waste of talent that someone with his ability isn’t a regular for Scotland.

Not only does he have ability but he seems to now appreciate what he’s missed in not playing regular football. I’m really impressed with his pre season training regime.

I can’t remember wait to see him pull on a Hibs jersey again.

oldbutdim
18-06-2019, 11:49 AM
I assume this is a joke.

Kenny Miller/Kenny Millar confusion.

bingo70
18-06-2019, 11:53 AM
It’s really difficult playing with it, I jacked it in aged 15/16 as just couldn’t hack it any longer so he has my utmost respect for making it work. There’s quite a few type 1 pros out there these days and sure there will be more in the future now that managing the condition is becoming relatively easier with new technologies.

Is there? I hadn’t heard of any others.

Danny Mcgrane and Gary Mabbutt were the only other players I knew of that had it, any other ones in Scotland do you know?

Betty Boop
18-06-2019, 11:53 AM
Makes you wonder why he couldn't get a game for Celtic ?

bingo70
18-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Makes you wonder why he couldn't get a game for Celtic ?

What does?

Lots of players not made the great at Celtic I’d happily take at Hibs, they’re a considerably better side than us.

tamig
18-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Kenny Miller/Kenny Millar confusion.

Its one of those some folk just can’t seem to get their heads around.

Since452
18-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Its one of those some folk just can’t seem to get their heads around.

Is Kenny Millar signing for an SPFL team or is he staying in the Championship? 😉

calumhibee1
18-06-2019, 12:09 PM
What does?

Lots of players not made the great at Celtic I’d happily take at Hibs, they’re a considerably better side than us.

Of course. However Scott Allan that has been at Hibs twice and performed twice is quite possibly the best midfielder in Scotland. He should have been more than good enough for them.

BILLYHIBS
18-06-2019, 12:20 PM
Strange one!

Obviously Brenda did not fancy him.

1van Sprou7e
18-06-2019, 12:32 PM
Of course. However Scott Allan that has been at Hibs twice and performed twice is quite possibly the best midfielder in Scotland. He should have been more than good enough for them.

Bit much to say he was the best midfielder in Scotland when we were in the championship lol

calumhibee1
18-06-2019, 12:39 PM
Bit much to say he was the best midfielder in Scotland when we were in the championship lol

Regardless of the league we were playing in I don’t think there was many better at the time. I’m not sure who Celtic had at that point but I’d be pretty comfortable with saying he was better than anything Hearts, Rangers or Aberdeen had to offer and if that’s the case he’d most likely been better than all the ‘smaller’ teams midfielders aswell.

The_Exile
18-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Is there? I hadn’t heard of any others.

Danny Mcgrane and Gary Mabbutt were the only other players I knew of that had it, any other ones in Scotland do you know?

Off the top of my head there’s Nacho (Real Madrid centre back) and another young Real player who’s name escapes me. I think Alan Kernaghan was diabetic and also a few players in the lower leagues down south. Think Scott the only one playing pro football in Scotland with it.

Jay Cutler, Quarterback with the Bears was diagnosed in the middle of his career and you’d see him doing blood tests etc on the sidelines. Plenty folk with type 1 throughout the sporting world it would seem.

HFC93
18-06-2019, 01:26 PM

The best midfielder in Scotland currently?

calumhibee1
18-06-2019, 01:28 PM
The best midfielder in Scotland currently?

On the form he showed second half of last season at us he’d be right up there with anything else on show in Scotland. That’s the last we’ve seen of him of course.

oldbutdim
18-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Is Kenny Millar signing for an SPFL team or is he staying in the Championship? 😉

It could only be for Rotherham United.

hibs#1
18-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Off the top of my head there’s Nacho (Real Madrid centre back) and another young Real player who’s name escapes me. I think Alan Kernaghan was diabetic and also a few players in the lower leagues down south. Think Scott the only one playing pro football in Scotland with it.

Jay Cutler, Quarterback with the Bears was diagnosed in the middle of his career and you’d see him doing blood tests etc on the sidelines. Plenty folk with type 1 throughout the sporting world it would seem.

Steve Redgrave as well I'm sure.

Lewiehas2
19-06-2019, 10:01 AM
Regardless of the league we were playing in I don’t think there was many better at the time. I’m not sure who Celtic had at that point but I’d be pretty comfortable with saying he was better than anything Hearts, Rangers or Aberdeen had to offer and if that’s the case he’d most likely been better than all the ‘smaller’ teams midfielders aswell.

If I remember rightly St Mirren had quite a good midfielder at the time, name escapes me though...

calumhibee1
19-06-2019, 10:04 AM
If I remember rightly St Mirren had quite a good midfielder at the time, name escapes me though...

Touché :greengrin

I’d still suspect Allan was one of the best in the country at the time. And if there’s any doubt as to whether he was in the Championship then there can be none as to whether he was last time at us.

MagicSwirlingShip
19-06-2019, 10:24 AM

I’m sorry but no. Big fan of Scotty but to suggest he is a better player than any of the Celtic side who kept him picking splinters from his backside ie Rogic, Mcgregor doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. These guys have been the stand out players in the treble treble winning side.

Magic player at our level, just not as consistent, physically strong or defensively reliable as others.

IMO he won’t force his way into the Scotland squad either.

calumhibee1
19-06-2019, 10:28 AM
I’m sorry but no. Big fan of Scotty but to suggest he is a better player than any of the Celtic side who kept him picking splinters from his backside ie Rogic, Mcgregor doesn’t stand up to scrutiny. These guys have been the stand out players in the treble treble winning side.

Magic player at our level, just not as consistent, physically strong or defensively reliable as others.

IMO he won’t force his way into the Scotland squad either.

His performances at Hibs were imo better than anything I’ve saw those you mentioned deliver over similar lengths of time. Guys like Rogic are great players on their day, but he’s often absolutely anonymous aswell. Allan at us second half of last season was outstanding for the vast majority of it imo.

Of course these guys have done it for their whole careers, but I’m only talking about his time at Hibs.

MagicSwirlingShip
19-06-2019, 10:32 AM
His performances at Hibs were imo better than anything I’ve saw those you mentioned deliver over similar lengths of time. Guys like Rogic are great players on their day, but he’s often absolutely anonymous aswell. Allan at us second half of last season was outstanding for the vast majority of it imo.

Of course these guys have done it for their whole careers, but I’m only talking about his time at Hibs.

Watch much of Celtic do you? These guys turn it on every single week.

calumhibee1
19-06-2019, 10:34 AM

From what I’ve saw of Celtic recently they have hardly turned it on this year, never mind every week.

MagicSwirlingShip
19-06-2019, 10:38 AM
From what I’ve saw of Celtic recently they have hardly turned it on this year, never mind every week.

McGregor got POTY and Players POTY. hardly turned it on though.

calumhibee1
19-06-2019, 10:41 AM

The vast majority of people all agreed Celtic had been absolutely garbage since Lennon took over months ago. If you want to claim that these guys turned it on every week then go for it. If they all turned it on every week though then nobody would have been saying how bad Celtic had been. Including the Celtic fans who do actually see their team every week.

Hermit Crab
19-06-2019, 10:44 AM

Celtic have been average since Lennon took over.

jeffers
19-06-2019, 10:48 AM

McGregor clearly is a good player and one who developed under Rodgers, he can also play in different positions in midfield. However ability wise I don’t think he’s any better than Scott Allan who if he plays to the same levels as the last spell with us should definitely get picked for Scotland. I’m struggling to think of a Scottish midfielder who can split open a defence like he can.

Also having watched last two Scotland games I don’t think Mcgregor was particularly impressive.

yerauldda
19-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Cannot wait to see Scott back.. just thinking about both of his spells and some of the games he dominated on his own.. The semi we lost against Falkirk he was magnificent as well as the 4-0 rangers game. What a player he is on his day.

MagicSwirlingShip
19-06-2019, 12:19 PM
The vast majority of people all agreed Celtic had been absolutely garbage since Lennon took over months ago. If you want to claim that these guys turned it on every week then go for it. If they all turned it on every week though then nobody would have been saying how bad Celtic had been. Including the Celtic fans who do actually see their team every week.

Celtic fans who see their team every week also say that the reason Scott Allan never got a game for them was because they had better options ahead of him in the queue.

calumhibee1
19-06-2019, 12:24 PM
Celtic fans who see their team every week also say that the reason Scott Allan never got a game for them was because they had better options ahead of him in the queue.

But again, I was talking about his performances at Hibs, not his performances during 5 minute cameos for Celtic once in a blue moon.

MagicSwirlingShip
19-06-2019, 12:58 PM
But again, I was talking about his performances at Hibs, not his performances during 5 minute cameos for Celtic once in a blue moon.

I never referenced his performances at Celtic. I referenced the better players ahead of him. As is my point, there are better midfielders in the Scottish game, who have consistently produced at a high level over the past few years.

Delighted to have him back at Hibs, but realistically, he will find it very hard to displace anyone in the Scotland midfield.

calumhibee1
19-06-2019, 01:08 PM
I never referenced his performances at Celtic. I referenced the better players ahead of him. As is my point, there are better midfielders in the Scottish game, who have consistently produced at a high level over the past few years.

Delighted to have him back at Hibs, but realistically, he will find it very hard to displace anyone in the Scotland midfield.

Well agree to disagree. In my opinion the performances put in by SA last season at us were by and large better than the vast majority of performances I’ve saw Rogic or McGregor produce.

MagicSwirlingShip
19-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Well agree to disagree. In my opinion the performances put in by SA last season at us were by and large better than the vast majority of performances I’ve saw Rogic or McGregor produce.

Not taking anything away from those performances from Scotty. Was a magic time to be a Hibs fan. It’s clear you hold Scott in high regard, as do I.

To put into context though, Mcgregor and Rogic have had countless MOM performances, in cup finals, Europe, old firm games. These are facts. Not opinion.

HibbyKeith
19-06-2019, 02:48 PM
Seen Scott today on Easter Road, delighted to have him back.

Franck Stanton
19-06-2019, 04:04 PM
Scott Allan struggle to get a game for Scotland? Imo he should be first pick and then build the team around him. Great player.

Lewiehas2
19-06-2019, 05:32 PM

I’d still suspect Allan was one of the best in the country at the time. And if there’s any doubt as to whether he was in the Championship then there can be none as to whether he was last time at us.

For what it’s worth I totally agree with you btw, scotty is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders I’ve ever seen at ER (not just hibs, either)

Lewiehas2
19-06-2019, 08:23 PM

For what it’s worth I totally agree with you btw, scotty is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders I’ve ever seen at ER (not just hibs, either)