PDA

View Full Version : 'Established' posters posting less ?

Pages : 1 [2]

SaulGoodman
03-06-2019, 02:22 PM
Whatever happened to The Cat?

Couldn’t stand the heat in the Hibs.net transfer rumour kitchen.

J-C
03-06-2019, 02:29 PM
I really hope not. He was a very good forum member.

He's on Twitter most of the time, not taking any sides here not he had enough of .net and felt it was time to go, it happens.

son of haggart
03-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Ah, my mistake. It was a poster called Stanley and for whatever reason I think I got it in my head you were related :greengrin

Similarly, my children have a very loose attachment to Hibs, despite STs, merchandise and subliminal influence all their lives. I dread to think what they would make of football forums.

Ah. I get it now. He’s my nephew and I’d forgotten all about him being on here. Age......

Mibbes Aye
03-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Ah. I get it now. He’s my nephew and I’d forgotten all about him being on here. Age......

:greengrin

Memory's a ......it's something but I can't quite remember what.

McD
03-06-2019, 06:46 PM
I agree with Peevemore, the longer you've been on here the more you see the same threads and discussions happening over and over again and the less engaged you become in it.

I also quite often find myself typing up replies to posts and then changing my mind halfway through and scrapping it as its not worth the bother. Sometimes trying to have a discussion on here can feel like p*ssing in the wind, particularly after a bad result or during things like the Lennon sacking this year.

I would also say that a lot of "established posters" will have been here for a number of years and life has probably got in the way of them posting as frequently as time goes on.

I know what you mean about typing replies then scrapping it, I’ve done that many a time.

I've been a member here for 11 years, and was a long time reader before that. As you’ve said, life does get in the way sometimes, my wife is about to have a baby and I’m sure it will impact my time to read and occasionally post on here.

And equally new frequent posters will emerge and contribute, in many manners :greengrin

KDY Hibs
03-06-2019, 06:56 PM
I know what you mean about typing replies then scrapping it, I’ve done that many a time.

I've been a member here for 11 years, and was a long time reader before that. As you’ve said, life does get in the way sometimes, my wife is about to have a baby and I’m sure it will impact my time to read and occasionally post on here.

And equally new frequent posters will emerge and contribute, in many manners :greengrin

Good luck to you and your Mrs!

MyJo
03-06-2019, 07:06 PM

congratulations :aok:

I signed up to this site about a month before my wife fell pregnant with our daughter.......now she's almost finished her first year of high school and has two little brothers :Ummm:

Hibernia&Alba
03-06-2019, 07:08 PM

Indeed. All the best with the wee one.

SquashedFrogg
03-06-2019, 07:10 PM
I joined when the East stand was getting built because I wanted to see the photos that Doddie was posting and I had to make an account to see them.

EDIT: It was actually Disc ‘O Dave that posted the photos

Christ, I remember that!

Mibbes Aye
03-06-2019, 07:47 PM

I signed up to this site about a month before my wife fell pregnant with our daughter.......now she's almost finished her first year of high school and has two little brothers :Ummm:

Your wife has almost finished first year at high school!

I'm open-minded and in fairness you're a Hibby, but still, c'mon :greengrin

Lago
03-06-2019, 07:48 PM

Are you suggesting .net had an influence on your reproductive ability :greengrin

Brooster
03-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Slight change of tact but what intrigues me is the fact that I probably know lots of people on here without realising it. I know hundreds of Hibbys but only know the identity of about 12 on here. Saying that I do like the element of anonymity.

Diclonius
03-06-2019, 08:11 PM
Slight change of tact but what intrigues me is the fact that I probably know lots of people on here without realising it. I know hundreds of Hibbys but only know the identity of about 12 on here. Saying that I do like the element of anonymity.

Only people who have met me from here are the guys who ran the supporters bus back when I lived in Edinburgh, under an older username!

Quite like the anonymity, but unlike social media I think people do tend to think a bit more about what they say before they post, as is forum etiquette.

FilipinoHibs
03-06-2019, 08:53 PM
Well yes although everyone has probably been accused at one time or another!
Under previous account I was accused of being one during final days of the thieves admin or in bed with Alec Salmond. Yes Troll's get stones up on the west stand wall for their family name which was part of username here!

Smartie
03-06-2019, 09:06 PM

I like the anonymity and get a bit paranoid that everyone seems to know each other on here yet I don't know anyone (first names, calling folk by initials etc).

My brother has been asked a few times if he is Smartie off here, as it is a nickname he tends to get more than me nowadays (it is the name I chose when I first joined back when I was at Uni, a nickname derived from a fairly obvious source).

One of my early memories of Hibs.net was sitting in one of the IT suites up at Dundee Uni. There was quite a lot of activity on here as Hibs had been rumoured to be making a major signing and announcing it that afternoon. There were all sorts of rumours about who it was going to be, most folk thinking it was going to be Marc Libbra (who had been with us on loan towards the end of the previous season) but it ended up being Frankie Moon (or Paco Luna if you prefer).

That was one of my early memories of losing what could have been a useful day's study to, frankly, a load of pish, although if it was really a load of pish then I wouldn't have chosen to repeat it as many times as I have since.

Hibbyradge
03-06-2019, 09:06 PM
Could it be that some posters who have been more prolific in their time are posting less due to a sentiment of déjà vu - that often threads end up us reruns of others prviously posted numerous times and we end up going round in circles?

For example, currently on the main forum we have

New strip - bottle or dark green, collars, white shorts green shorts, purple/yellow/black change strip, why the need for a 3rd kit, etc. It's the same every season

European cup/CL winners to haave played for Hibs - been done

Celtic's poaching - we've been speaking about the ugly sisters doing this for years

McGeouch - again, has been discussed plenty both during and after his time at ER

Grant Holt - ditto McGeouch

Hearts/Levein medals - good fun but already done

I'm in no way criticising those who started these threads nor those who have contributed. For example, Holt brings out a book, it's news and there's Hibs content so it's normal that there's a thread, but then we get into whether Holt was decent or not, should we have kept him, etc. It's not surprising that those who voiced their opinions on Grant Holt in numerous relatively recent threads can't be bothered doing so again.

Yep. That's a good interpretation.

There are loads of threads that I don't even bother opening because I know what will lie within.

I do still post regularly, mostly pish obviously, but I'm nowhere near as prolific as I used to be.

Glory Lurker
03-06-2019, 09:22 PM
Could be wrong of course but it wouldn't surprise me if the average number of weekly/monthly whatever posts have gone down a bit of late. 2012 through to the Cup win afterglow was packed with big talking points at ER and beyond, but it's calmed down for now.

I'd be interested to know how our stats compare to Kickback. I'm guessing we're, well, the bigger forum. I remember back to 2000-ish and our rivals site was way more busy than theirs. I wonder if the gap has narrowed since then, but if we are still busier I wonder why that is? I don't look at KB enough to get a feel for the atmosphere in there. Are we better moderated so that folk feel more inclined to contribute or even just read?

Then again, if our stats aren't stronger that whole last paragraph was rubbish!

jonty
03-06-2019, 09:55 PM
I completely forgot that! Yes, I checked it almost every day :greengrin
Not the webcam, but the other side

http://www.hibs.net/media/displayimage.php?album=86&pid=1079

Memory lane is still there but beware the rabbit hole.

Diclonius
04-06-2019, 08:38 AM
Could be wrong of course but it wouldn't surprise me if the average number of weekly/monthly whatever posts have gone down a bit of late. 2012 through to the Cup win afterglow was packed with big talking points at ER and beyond, but it's calmed down for now.

I'd be interested to know how our stats compare to Kickback. I'm guessing we're, well, the bigger forum. I remember back to 2000-ish and our rivals site was way more busy than theirs. I wonder if the gap has narrowed since then, but if we are still busier I wonder why that is? I don't look at KB enough to get a feel for the atmosphere in there. Are we better moderated so that folk feel more inclined to contribute or even just read?

Then again, if our stats aren't stronger that whole last paragraph was rubbish!

Kickback has 29,000 members to our 14,000, and 7 million total posts to our 4 million.

It's always been the bigger forum, though I think that's in part down to the fact that we've always had two forums (.net and the Bounce) compared to their one.

The Green Goblin
04-06-2019, 12:14 PM
Kickback has 29,000 members to our 14,000, and 7 million total posts to our 4 million.

It's always been the bigger forum, though I think that's in part down to the fact that we've always had two forums (.net and the Bounce) compared to their one.

Plus they count subscribers in those totals, even if they don’t post. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
04-06-2019, 12:34 PM

The bounce is even less popular than .net.

jonty
04-06-2019, 01:17 PM

If you look at the latest members, their IDs are 354xx range, so over the years we've not admitted/dropped/banned/lost 20,000 users :greengrin that's a fair whack.
Posts used to get trimmed too (although since the newer servers, not so much housekeeping). this is post 5,804,635.

don't they have more than one forum too?

Here’s Lucy!
04-06-2019, 04:13 PM
If you look at the latest members, their IDs are 354xx range, so over the years we've not admitted/dropped/banned/lost 20,000 users :greengrin that's a fair whack.
Posts used to get trimmed too (although since the newer servers, not so much housekeeping). this is post 5,804,635.

don't they have more than one forum too?

Yes, but a very small membership.

McD
04-06-2019, 07:43 PM

Indeed. All the best with the wee one.

thanks folks :aok: our first, so we'll see how things go, I’ll probably end up posting on threads that are weeks old :greengrin

HoboHarry
04-06-2019, 09:08 PM
What about Marinello? Haven't seen him post for a while.....

Hibbyradge
04-06-2019, 09:57 PM
What about Marinello? Haven't seen him post for a while.....

He's around.

Check out the Holy Ground ...

HoboHarry
04-06-2019, 09:59 PM
He's around.

Good to hear :thumbsup:

One Day Soon
04-06-2019, 10:32 PM
He's around.

Abandon hope all ye who enter there...

oldbutdim
04-06-2019, 10:43 PM
The bounce is even less popular than .net.

The Bounce is much quieter nowadays.
It used to be known as 'the provisional wing' of the Hibs online folk.
A refuge for those banned from .net for being over argumentative, aggressive, annoying or just ****in radge.

I know that for a fact because I was these guys.

I'm much nicer now.

Occasionally.

Hibernia&Alba
05-06-2019, 12:02 AM
thanks folks :aok: our first, so we'll see how things go, I’ll probably end up posting on threads that are weeks old :greengrin

No sleep for months and your hoose smelling of keek all the time. Best experience of your life :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
05-06-2019, 12:09 AM
Abandon hope all ye who enter there...

HoboHarry
05-06-2019, 12:17 AM
No sleep for months and your hoose smelling of keek all the time. Best experience of your life :greengrin
In fairness it gets a bit better as they learn to walk especially if you get in some practice first. Try walking around the supermarket with a goat (not on a leash by the way) and then pay for anything the goat eats or breaks as well as clean up any, errrrr, potty break debris.....

FilipinoHibs
05-06-2019, 12:24 PM
The Bounce is much quieter nowadays.
It used to be known as 'the provisional wing' of the Hibs online folk.
A refuge for those banned from .net for being over argumentative, aggressive, annoying or just ****in radge.

I know that for a fact because I was these guys.

I'm much nicer now.

Occasionally.

Once I left here by mutual consent I was deemed too dangerous for the bounce. Much low key now but once the book comes out that may change. Well protected here in the Philippines by a large family many who went underground to fight the Marco's dictatorship. So come on over you Jambos

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2019, 02:01 PM
When I joined in 2007 practically the first thing that happened was getting called a Yam. Not knowing any better I rose to the bait and went radge about it.

Also changed my user name to Nae Nookie from Bovril after another poster suggested I mustn't be getting any … I meant to change it back, but never did :greengrin

I'm happy to admit I'm one of the more verbose posters on here, a stick which is often used to beat me with by folk who don't agree with what I have to say, but hey ho I suppose that's why I don't do twitter. Anyway, its not my problem if folk are too lazy to read more than a sentence :na na:

HoboHarry
05-06-2019, 02:15 PM
When I joined in 2007 practically the first thing that happened was getting called a Yam. Not knowing any better I rose to the bait and went radge about it.

Also changed my user name to Nae Nookie from Bovril after another poster suggested I mustn't be getting any … I meant to change it back, but never did :greengrin

I'm happy to admit I'm one of the more verbose posters on here, a stick which is often used to beat me with by folk who don't agree with what I have to say, but hey ho I suppose that's why I don't do twitter. Anyway, its not my problem if folk are too lazy to read more than a sentence :na na:
Yam.

Keith_M
05-06-2019, 04:57 PM

I was that poster.

And I still think it must be true, ya Soor Ploom!

:na na:

McD
05-06-2019, 06:22 PM

In fairness it gets a bit better as they learn to walk especially if you get in some practice first. Try walking around the supermarket with a goat (not on a leash by the way) and then pay for anything the goat eats or breaks as well as clean up any, errrrr, potty break debris.....

:greengrin:faf: Aye, can’t wait hahaha

Pedantic_Hibee
05-06-2019, 06:44 PM
I was accused of being Filled Rolls when I first joined.

Now I mainly just get (rightly) accused of being an ersehole.

My_Wife_Camille
05-06-2019, 07:29 PM

I’ve been accused of being another poster before too even though it’s been confirmed by admin that me and MWC are different posters!

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Yam.

How dare you :grr:

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2019, 07:49 PM
I was that poster.

And I still think it must be true, ya Soor Ploom!

:na na:

Hmmmmm :hmmm: …. thinking of another change of name :greengrin

Hannah_hfc
05-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Just checked the stats- 3.1k posts over 16 years must be in the lower end of the posting scale [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tornadoes70
06-06-2019, 07:14 AM
Yeah Scouse is Silent Boatman now. Still here and posting.

Guessed this to be CWG's new user name as not seen him for a bit. Best poster on here by a country mile at one time. Hope he's okay if not SB.

ian cruise
06-06-2019, 07:35 AM

I was accused of being Paul Hanlon when I first posted about ten years ago on account of my insistence he would end up being a top central defender for us. I feel over the years my view has been vindicated however I sense it's all about to come full circle.

matty_f
06-06-2019, 07:40 AM
I’ve been accused of being another poster before too even though it’s been confirmed by admin that me and MWC are different posters!

:hilarious

Diclonius
06-06-2019, 07:41 AM
I was accused of being Paul Hanlon when I first posted about ten years ago on account of my insistence he would end up being a top central defender for us. I feel over the years my view has been vindicated however I sense it's all about to come full circle.

Aye whatever Paul.

ian cruise
06-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Aye whatever Paul.

Blown my cover again! I'll need to go back in to hiding.

JimBHibees
06-06-2019, 07:59 AM

and at 3 in the morning. All the best. :aok:

spike220
06-06-2019, 08:37 AM
This has been a good thread to flush out some of the old farts. But where is unseenwork, dashing bob and Mickey??? ... and who else is missing??

givescotlandfreedom
06-06-2019, 09:32 AM
I don't post much anymore. Most of the topics have been done to death over the years. Serious threads that turn into pun fests are a bit annoying too.

iwasthere1972
06-06-2019, 11:22 AM
I'm still here but nobody knows me. I'm a massive Hearts fan and have not once been found out. 20K posts and counting.

Hiber-nation
06-06-2019, 11:35 AM
This has been a good thread to flush out some of the old farts. But where is unseenwork, dashing bob and Mickey??? ... and who else is missing??

All have posted in the last few days (if it's Mikey you mean). That means I spend far too much time reading this board.....

JeMeSouviens
06-06-2019, 12:10 PM
I don't post much anymore. Most of the topics have been done to death over the years. Serious threads that turn into pun fests are a bit annoying too.

It's only the puns that keep me going, tbh.

ehf
06-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Bring back Slovenian Sam - and Tony!

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 01:04 PM
Cropley was God anyone?

Smartie
06-06-2019, 01:19 PM
More and more you hear about people trying to reduce their "screen time" and the negative side of social media.

Maybe we're seeing a bit of that?

Stevie Reid
06-06-2019, 01:32 PM
I agree with Peevemore, the longer you've been on here the more you see the same threads and discussions happening over and over again and the less engaged you become in it.

I also quite often find myself typing up replies to posts and then changing my mind halfway through and scrapping it as its not worth the bother. Sometimes trying to have a discussion on here can feel like p*ssing in the wind, particularly after a bad result or during things like the Lennon sacking this year.

I would also say that a lot of "established posters" will have been here for a number of years and life has probably got in the way of them posting as frequently as time goes on.

This applies to me also. I've had a recent resurgence in number of posts (mainly because work is quieter) but there's been a couple of times in the last couple of years where I've stopped for a while.

The signal to noise ratio at times is horrendous, and it can be really wearing.

HoboHarry
06-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Cropley was God anyone?
Mentioned him earlier in the thread myself - hope all is ok with him......

Broken Gnome
06-06-2019, 01:53 PM
This applies to me also. I've had a recent resurgence in number of posts (mainly because work is quieter) but there's been a couple of times in the last couple of years where I've stopped for a while.

The signal to noise ratio at times is horrendous, and it can be really wearing.

Aye, the act of making a fairly routine and well-intentioned post needs to be heavily vetted against any number of things that warrant sarky/petty responses, or not having a spare hour to defend yourself. Sometimes the due diligence isn't really worth it.

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 02:02 PM
Mentioned him earlier in the thread myself - hope all is ok with him......

Yeah!

Not heard from him for a while was always good for the financial advice

Hope he o.k. :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
06-06-2019, 04:17 PM
Guessed this to be CWG's new user name as not seen him for a bit. Best poster on here by a country mile at one time. Hope he's okay if not SB.

Silent boatman definitely is Scouse. CWG still has the same username just hasn’t posted for a while. CWG is/was certainly one of the saner posters on this forum 😂

Pete
06-06-2019, 04:23 PM
I think I’ve fluctuated between posting all the time and posting occasionally since the place opened.

I’m at peace with the fact that this place will probably be a part of my life until I’m carried away in a box. Or banned.

SquashedFrogg
More and more you hear about people trying to reduce their "screen time" and the negative side of social media.

Maybe we're seeing a bit of that?

May also be that more and more people using other social media platforms to 'discuss' Hibs? :dunno:

Hibernia&Alba
Silent boatman definitely is Scouse. CWG still has the same username just hasn’t posted for a while. CWG is/was certainly one of the saner posters on this forum 😂

Have you changed your name from something else also? It gets very confusing.

Tornadoes70
06-06-2019, 04:25 PM
Silent boatman definitely is Scouse. CWG still has the same username just hasn’t posted for a while. CWG is/was certainly one of the saner posters on this forum ��

Thanks for putting me right on that.

A real character as well. If you managed to find your way onto CWG's radar you knew who'd likely win the argument. A top poster sadly missed. Hope he's okay.

:aok:

JeMeSouviens
06-06-2019, 04:44 PM

:agree:

There should be a name change notification thread.

Hibernia&Alba
06-06-2019, 04:45 PM

There should be a name change notification thread.

Aye, a name you've never seen before suddenly appears with 15,000 posts :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
06-06-2019, 04:51 PM
Thanks for putting me right on that.

A real character as well. If you managed to find your way onto CWG's radar you knew who'd likely win the argument. A top poster sadly missed. Hope he's okay.

:aok:

Ha Ha!

He was like a terrier you just couldnae shake him off! :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
06-06-2019, 06:02 PM

Yeah, I was looking at a few peoples username history and thought to myself I’d never done it. I had changed my avatar over to Oscar a while back (what’s not to like about a green curmudgeon?) so just decided to change the username too. Used to be vince1973.

Here’s Lucy!
06-06-2019, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=Oscar T Grouch;5806107]Silent boatman definitely is Scouse. CWG still has the same username just hasn’t posted for a while. CWG is/was certainly one of the saner posters on this forum ��[/QUOTE

Wilson
06-06-2019, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I was looking at a few peoples username history and thought to myself I’d never done it. I had changed my avatar over to Oscar a while back (what’s not to like about a green curmudgeon?) so just decided to change the username too. Used to be vince1973.

That's a good change. That's a good change.

Tornadoes70
06-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Ha Ha!

He was like a terrier you just couldnae shake him off! :greengrin

Many tried, they invariably all failed.

lord bunberry
06-06-2019, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know cropley was god? It would be comforting to know all is well with him. His posts were always worth reading and his advice on the depression and anxiety thread were amongst the most worthwhile things I’ve read on this site.

Smartie
06-06-2019, 08:21 PM
I made the odd cheeky comment to him on the Sevco meltdown thread.

Personally I'd like to think that he's headed off to a happy retirement in the "orgasm denial" section of pornhub that my mate told me about, given he used to apply common sense and wisdom to that particular thread, stopping us from ever getting too carried away.

Hibbyradge
06-06-2019, 08:23 PM
I made the odd cheeky comment to him on the Sevco meltdown thread.

Personally I'd like to think that he's headed off to a happy retirement in the "orgasm denial" section of pornhub that my mate told me about, given he used to apply common sense and wisdom to that particular thread, stopping us from ever getting too carried away.

Cue everyone googling"orgasm denial" ...

Hibernia&Alba
07-06-2019, 12:23 PM

I remember that name well :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
07-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Cropley was God anyone?

He is probably just busy at the moment, and all is well - hope so.

HoboHarry
07-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Cue everyone googling"orgasm denial" ...
Anyone who's been married more than 5 years will know what that is.......

Hibbyradge
07-06-2019, 02:27 PM
Anyone who's been married more than 5 years will know what that is.......

:faf:

Alfred E Newman
07-06-2019, 03:42 PM
I have been a member since 2002 but haven't posted on here for the past three years. I won't go into the reasons as it's water under the bridge but I really don't miss it as there is certainly a lot of crazy stuff on here now. I still pay my PM subs though and regularly pop in for a look to see if there is any worthwhile info to be had but refrain from commenting.

bigwheel
07-06-2019, 03:47 PM
I have been a member since 2002 but haven't posted on here for the past three years. I won't go into the reasons as it's water under the bridge but I really don't miss it as there is certainly a lot of crazy stuff on here now. I still pay my PM subs though and regularly pop in for a look to see if there is any worthwhile info to be had but refrain from commenting.

Well Malcom, as someone who knows the Bogie family and knew well (I’m assuming due to your user name) your late brother John (may he rest in peace). Glad to hear from you and hope you are keeping well [emoji119][emoji106]

oldbutdim
07-06-2019, 05:21 PM

Anyone else immediately go and see what it was all about?

No?

Well it's pretty good entertainment.

BILLYHIBS
08-06-2019, 12:42 PM
EricStoner used to be good for the tips on the Bookie Bashing thread??

Here’s Lucy!
08-06-2019, 04:06 PM
Anyone else immediately go and see what it was all about?

No?

Well it's pretty good entertainment.

Scrolled through May and June 2016 but found nowt. :confused:

Hibernia&Alba
12-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Any sign of CWG? I'm getting a bit concerned about the great man; a lovely guy.

Pretty Boy
12-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Any sign of CWG? I'm getting a bit concerned about the great man; a lovely guy.

I spoke to him the other day. He's fine.

Hibernia&Alba
12-07-2019, 05:49 PM

That's good to hear. Was that in person? Why hasn't he been on here?

Keith_M
12-07-2019, 06:29 PM
That's good to hear. Was that in person? Why hasn't he been on here?

He'll reappear if another club goes into Admin.

I think he's been a bit busy handling the Hibs takeover the last few months

One Day Soon
12-07-2019, 06:55 PM

Reassuring to hear.

HoboHarry
12-07-2019, 06:56 PM
Really glad to hear that - was getting worried about the fella. Come back CWG - all is forgiven :greengrin

ancient hibee
12-07-2019, 07:23 PM
Perhaps he is back with a new name.

steakbake
12-07-2019, 07:30 PM
I used to read h.net many times daily. Keep an eye on it, but it was miles better a few years ago. Posters like Filled Rolls, the Calendar Signing thread and pish like that. No one really is in the know and the private thread is barely worth a tenner a year these days, but you know... it’s still home.

Billy Whizz
12-07-2019, 07:32 PM
I used to read h.net many times daily. Keep an eye on it, but it was miles better a few years ago. Posters like Filled Rolls, the Calendar Signing thread and pish like that. No one really is in the know and the private thread is barely worth a tenner a year these days, but you know... it’s still home.

steakbake, I pay the £10 to keep the site running, not for scoops

matty_f
12-07-2019, 07:33 PM

I’m biased, obviously, but under a quid a month is great value for the site, especially when you see how much we’re able to give Hibs as a result of our members etc.

Hibernia&Alba
12-07-2019, 07:33 PM

I rarely look at the private members board, but it's just a wee something towards the site. A tenner is nothing.

One Day Soon
12-07-2019, 07:35 PM

That reminds me, can someone DM me a name and address I can send a tenner to. Not just to post a random tenner, for the PM board.

Hibernia&Alba
12-07-2019, 07:37 PM
I’m biased, obviously, but under a quid a month is great value for the site, especially when you see how much we’re able to give Hibs as a result of our members etc.

One hundred per cent :top marks

I'd be lost without .net

One Day Soon
12-07-2019, 07:39 PM
One hundred per cent :top marks

I'd be lost without .net

I'd probably be a lot more sensible without.net.

Hibernia&Alba
12-07-2019, 07:43 PM

Never. It's who we are.

steakbake
12-07-2019, 07:44 PM

Yeah, that’s why I pay it. As I say, it’s home.

But the fact there’s no scoops doesn’t mean there aren’t a stack of folk who claim they’re in the know.

Billy Whizz
12-07-2019, 07:50 PM
Yeah, that’s why I pay it. As I say, it’s home.

But the fact there’s no scoops doesn’t mean there aren’t a stack of folk who claim they’re in the know.

Good man, think we’re all just a bit wary of posting rumours now, for various reasons

spike220
13-07-2019, 07:25 AM
Has there ever been a Hibs net get together?

makaveli1875
13-07-2019, 07:53 AM

Judging by the state of some threads on here it would be utter carnage :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
13-07-2019, 07:58 AM
Judging by the state of some threads on here it would be utter carnage :greengrin

:greengrin:greengrin

FilipinoHibs
13-07-2019, 08:23 AM
He'll reappear if another club goes into Admin.

I think he's been a bit busy handling the Hibs takeover the last few months

Fingers crossed for the Huns then!

FilipinoHibs
13-07-2019, 08:25 AM

There was once talk of a Hibs Hearts get together from that Facebook group. Left it because of the personal abuse from Jambo huns aimed at my family and wife in particular.

Glory Lurker
13-07-2019, 10:02 AM

Was there not one a million years ago, about 2000?

BILLYHIBS
13-07-2019, 10:28 AM
There was once talk of a Hibs Hearts get together from that Facebook group. Left it because of the personal abuse from Jambo huns aimed at my family and wife in particular.

Yeah their loyal fans apparently gave Jake Mulraneys partner loads of personal abuse due to the fact they thought he was gash

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Was there not one a million years ago, about 2000?

Was the Frank Sauzee leaving do not in some way led by Hibs.net, i remember getting a sticky badge with Blackpoohibs on my jacket? :confused:

Keith_M
13-07-2019, 10:34 AM

If somebody organised one, I'd go.

FilipinoHibs
13-07-2019, 10:37 AM

Two of my sons on the net a lot. When they come off it their partners say: " Well have you learnt anything?". Me it is my third username. Almost on from the start. Had couple of years break after Hearts admin. Now retired so helps keep me busy.