PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: RESERVE LEAGUE UPDATE

RSS Bot
29-05-2019, 01:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9996)

Peevemor
29-05-2019, 01:34 PM
Very informative announcement.

Spike Mandela
29-05-2019, 01:38 PM
What is the motive behind this? What exactly is wrong with the reserve league?

Peevemor
29-05-2019, 01:40 PM

From what I gather from the statement, Hibs are looking to choose and play a higher standard of opponent than is offered by the reserve league.

Billy Whizz
29-05-2019, 01:48 PM

Think the idea of the reserve league would be the young lads playing with with and against senior pros
Very few of the top teams, played many experienced players
I like the idea more of sending them out on loan

Pretty Boy
29-05-2019, 01:53 PM
100% the right decision.

CapitalGreen
29-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Good decision, zero benefit to youth players playing against the likes of Dundee reserves and winning 7 or 8 nil.

The Baldmans Comb
29-05-2019, 02:19 PM
There is a slight danger you miss the odd late developer but by and large 80% of any development squad are actually dross and quickly drop down the leagues or out of football altogether.

Fans never like to hear it but you see some real garbage at the reserve games with many players not having the physique or skill attributes necessary at pro level.

This sounds like a more pinpoint approach though it will leave an awful lot of game time to fill in a less than competitive environment.

Brave call by Hibs.

Stevie Reid
29-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Heckingbottom ticking all the boxes at the moment. If he can sign well this summer, we'll hopefully have a very bright future ahead.

GreenCastle
29-05-2019, 02:30 PM
I can see other teams doing this as basically gets them exposed to senior football sooner.

If players do well they come back to 1st team.

If they don’t we look elsewhere.

My concern is the travel and training - will it fatigue them / risk of injury plus who will train them? As a good player could also be ruined going on loan to a badly run club.

04Sauzee
29-05-2019, 02:35 PM
Maybe a reason we were looking at the 2 young trialists. Invest in youth development

lord bunberry
29-05-2019, 02:38 PM
I can see other teams doing this as basically gets them exposed to senior football sooner.

My concern is the travel and training - will it fatigue them / risk of injury plus who will train them? As a good player could also be ruined going on loan to a badly run club.
If they go to part time clubs they would still train with us and play in whatever fixtures we have.

Stevie Reid
29-05-2019, 02:38 PM

It's pretty clear from the story on the website, and Heckingbottom's previous comments that we will be very careful where we send players on loan, and will only allow the move if it will develop them properly, and the club will use them in the position that we see them playing in.

hibee-boys
29-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Something has to change, not many development players challenged for first team slots since we built HTC!

Renfrew_Hibby
29-05-2019, 02:40 PM
Really good call by the club.
Apart from ourselves who else has pulled out?

Hibby Bairn
29-05-2019, 02:52 PM
​https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46864784

The 90+2
29-05-2019, 03:04 PM
Great news.

Can anyone answer (maybe Billy) why we aren’t in the school development plan that hearts are in?

Brightside
29-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Great news.

Can anyone answer (maybe Billy) why we aren’t in the school development plan that hearts are in?

money. Hibs were talking about a performance school at Portobello for a long time but its never happened. They do school of football stuff at other schools but thats just providing extra training for kids already at the schools.

The 90+2
29-05-2019, 03:29 PM
money. Hibs were talking about a performance school at Portobello for a long time but its never happened. They do school of football stuff at other schools but thats just providing extra training for kids already at the schools.

How come hearts afford it then? We should be sticking our resources into this big time for not only the club but country. Is it Currie hearts have or balerno? I’m not from up that end so have no clue.

Greencore
29-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Good decision

Brightside
29-05-2019, 03:54 PM
How come hearts afford it then? We should be sticking our resources into this big time for not only the club but country. Is it Currie hearts have or balerno? I’m not from up that end so have no clue.

Balerno. They are also using it as a selling point for the girls academy now.

The 90+2
29-05-2019, 04:03 PM
Balerno. They are also using it as a selling point for the girls academy now.

We should have that. There’s no doubt.

DetroitHibs
29-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Every ex player that goes on the Si Ferry podcast encourages young players to drop down the divisions and get game time, rather than play reserve football. Can’t remeber one guest that wasn’t positive about it and how it really helped develop them as a player and person.

Saturday Boy
29-05-2019, 04:49 PM

FOH versus HSL.

They have more “disposable income “ than we have.

GreenCastle
29-05-2019, 04:56 PM
FOH versus HSL.

They have more “disposable income “ than we have.

Hibs Women and girls academy will soon be taken over if it isn't careful.

Behind the scenes the structure needs improvements and someone driving it. This isn’t happening.

Links like this should be getting established all over the city but they aren’t.

Don’t believe it’s all about money.

Since452
29-05-2019, 05:00 PM
Is that how bad the set up is that one of Scotland's biggest clubs has withdrawn? Deary me

NYHibby
29-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Something has to change, not many development players challenged for first team slots since we built HTC!

For anyone playing Hibs.net bingo, how long until someone calls for closing the training centre and start training in public parks instead? That is a classic bingo square.

Brightside
29-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Hibs Women and girls academy will soon be taken over if it isn't careful.

Behind the scenes the structure needs improvements and someone driving it. This isn’t happening.

Links like this should be getting established all over the city but they aren’t.

Don’t believe it’s all about money.

Correct. There isnt much benefit to being part of the Hibs umbrella at the moment.

Saturday Boy
29-05-2019, 06:16 PM
Correct. There isnt much benefit to being part of the Hibs umbrella at the moment.

Slightly off topic, but do you think that Laura Montgomery working in sponsorship and marketing at Hibs is a conflict of interest? Can someone so heavily involved with Glasgow City really be impartial when integrating Hibs Ladies into the football club?

Apologies for the leading questions, but I know what I think.

Brightside
29-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Slightly off topic, but do you think that Laura Montgomery working in sponsorship and marketing at Hibs is a conflict of interest? Can someone so heavily involved with Glasgow City really be impartial when integrating Hibs Ladies into the football club?

Apologies for the leading questions, but I know what I think.

Ive never understood it tbh. But i do know that at the moment that the teams are getting pretty much nothing from the Girls Academy. So if they want it to develop they need to get their finger out and start investing a proper amount of time in it. They haven't benefited at all from becoming part of the Community side of the club.

hibbyfraelibby
29-05-2019, 06:30 PM

Are Hibs not linked to Broughton? Know a couple of our academy youngsters who have been accepted there.

Brightside
29-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Are Hibs not linked to Broughton? Know a couple of our academy youngsters who have been accepted there.

Nope - thats the SFA Performance School. Keith Wright main coach there now.

hibbyfraelibby
29-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Nope - thats the SFA Performance School. Keith Wright main coach there now.

So our kids get to go to the Performance Centre whikst thd less able Hearts kids get papped out into the wilds of Currie? Sweet 😉

Radium
29-05-2019, 07:33 PM
Was it last season or the one before that TRIFC pulled out of the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J-C
29-05-2019, 08:24 PM
Good decision by the club, the players were not getting challenged enough. Going on loan never did Hanlon, Riordan etc any harm.