PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland v Jamaica ( ladies)

Lago
28-05-2019, 07:26 PM
Watching on Alba & 2 cracking goals from Scotland, entertaining game.

Lago
28-05-2019, 07:30 PM
Maybe merge two threads?

Since452
28-05-2019, 07:38 PM
Im going to say it. It's absolute guff.

DaveF
28-05-2019, 07:47 PM

It's far better than the cup final was. Bar the result obviously :-D

HoboHarry
28-05-2019, 07:52 PM
Aye, I mean we never have to watch any guff during the men's season eh? :rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
28-05-2019, 07:54 PM
Over 18,000 there!

hfc rd
28-05-2019, 07:55 PM

I guess you haven’t seen our senior men’s team or you are getting the two mixed up?

Pretty Boy
28-05-2019, 07:56 PM
No one cares
Bunch of betas watching women's football
Sunday league is better
My sons under 9 team could beat this lot
There's more achievement in winning a Sunday league final
Who's making the dinner?
Who's doing the ironing?
No way can they expect to earn as much as men.

I think that covers it so we can just all concentrate on the game now.

Lago
28-05-2019, 07:58 PM
No one cares
Sunday league is better
Who's making the dinner?
Who's doing the ironing?

Well said :aok:

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2019, 07:59 PM
i thought the lassie beattie was very poor in the 1st 45, continually passing it out to a jamaican, along with the lassie ross up front, both subsequently subbed at HT, unfortunately the lassie that they brought on for beattie in defence also mucked up for the 2nd jamaican goal, i couldn't quite work out our tactics in the first 45, sometimes only two defenders against two and sometimes three attackers, it's hardly surprising our defence looks so shaky at the back sometimes, and i can see we are still mucking about at the back...get it sorted petrie

lovely goal for the lassie cuthbert though

Sylar
28-05-2019, 07:59 PM
Scotland moving the ball about very effectively. Just lacking a bit of a killer touch in the past 15 minutes.

HoboHarry
28-05-2019, 08:00 PM
No one cares
Sunday league is better
Who's making the dinner?
Who's doing the ironing?

:top marks

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2019, 08:01 PM
We expected a new record attendance for the women's national team and it's been absolutely smashed with 18,555 inside Hampden.

Remember, the previous best was under 5,000, so that's quite a leap.

Barney McGrew
28-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Pretty good game to watch so far :aok:

Jones28
28-05-2019, 08:03 PM
Cuthbert is a great wee player, at the heart of everything Scotland are doing.

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2019, 08:04 PM
what a team :saltireflag

makes up for her earlier error, good stuff

Sylar
28-05-2019, 08:05 PM
3-2 Scotland!

Deserved, as it should have been a penalty.

Pretty Boy
28-05-2019, 08:05 PM
We expected a new record attendance for the women's national team and it's been absolutely smashed with 18,555 inside Hampden.

Remember, the previous best was under 5,000, so that's quite a leap.

I think there's quite a decent following heading to France as well. Couple of guys I know from the Edinburgh TA are going over for a couple of games.

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2019, 08:06 PM
I think there's quite a decent following heading to France as well. Couple of guys I know from the Edinburgh TA are going over for a couple of games.

not double-checked but i think we play england in the first game yep ? could be wrong right enough :)

stoneyburn hibs
28-05-2019, 08:07 PM

Her desire during anytime I've seen her play is excellent.

stoneyburn hibs
28-05-2019, 08:08 PM
not double-checked but i think we play england in the first game yep ? could be wrong right enough :)

It is, apparently a 60,000 sell out. Could be slightly of with the numbers.

Jones28
28-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Her desire during anytime I've seen her play is excellent.

Who does she play for?

stoneyburn hibs
28-05-2019, 08:10 PM
Who does she play for?

Chelsea

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2019, 08:10 PM

wow, superb :agree:

Lago
28-05-2019, 08:13 PM

Has a lot of skill !!

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 08:13 PM
It really is pish.

I've not seen a single player rolling about like they've been mortally wounded and no-one has pointlessly berated the referee or assistant because of a decision they've made.

Just rubbish.

ben johnson
28-05-2019, 08:15 PM
I think it’s a good watch and very pleased the game is thriving when you think what they were up against not that long ago. :

Sepp Blatter, the president of the world governing body Fifa, said women should have skimpier kit to increase the popularity of the game. "Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball," he said.
"They could, for example, have tighter shorts. Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men - such as playing with a lighter ball. That decision was taken to create a more female aesthetic, so why not do it in fashion?"

Billy Whizz
28-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Unless it’s to make the crowd look good on TV, but no one is the North stand. South and North are the best seats in the stadium

stoneyburn hibs
28-05-2019, 08:19 PM
wow, superb :agree:

I was way out, Stade de Nice only holds 35,000 😁
Although 720,000 tickets have been sold for the tournament thus far.

KDY Hibs
28-05-2019, 08:19 PM
I think it’s a good watch and very pleased the game is thriving when you think what they were up against not that long ago. :

Sepp Blatter, the president of the world governing body Fifa, said women should have skimpier kit to increase the popularity of the game. "Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball," he said.
"They could, for example, have tighter shorts. Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men - such as playing with a lighter ball. That decision was taken to create a more female aesthetic, so why not do it in fashion?"

Is he not in jail yet?

Viva_Palmeiras
28-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Joelle playing?

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Unless it’s to make the crowd look good on TV, but no one is the North stand. South and North are the best seats in the stadium

Alba have been showing any of their games at Hampden with the camera facing the south stand

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2019, 08:23 PM
I was way out, Stade de Nice only holds 35,000 ��
Although 720,000 tickets have been sold for the tournament thus far.

sake man :grr: still good though, i imagine a lot of english will travel

it's going to be a great experience for our girls no matter the results

Billy Whizz
28-05-2019, 08:23 PM
Alba have been showing any of their games at Hampden with the camera looking facing the south stand

Ta
If they have 18,000 or so at the game, take a bow everyone who’s gone along tonight
Brilliant turn out

KDY Hibs
28-05-2019, 08:25 PM
Ta
If they have 18,000 or so at the game, take a bow everyone who’s gone along tonight
Brilliant turn out

And apparently they only had 2 turnstiles open so folk turned away, another sfa shambles.....

hibsbollah
28-05-2019, 08:26 PM
It really is pish.

I've not seen a single player rolling about like they've been mortally wounded and no-one has pointlessly berated the referee or assistant because of a decision they've made.

Just rubbish.

I'm glad the dinosaur brigade seems to be in the minority tonight. It isn't always the case on here.

HoboHarry
28-05-2019, 08:28 PM
And apparently they only had 2 turnstiles open so folk turned away, another sfa shambles.....
Did they have any inkling at all that there was going to be such a large crowd or are you just SFA bashing?

KDY Hibs
28-05-2019, 08:31 PM
Did they have any inkling at all that there was going to be such a large crowd or are you just SFA bashing?

Whilst I dont mind a bit of sfa bashing, its been reported in the press before game that they were expecting a bumper crowd and were having cash gates(x2) which caused the issues, some folk didnae get in until half time, so aye im giving them a bashing!

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2019, 08:32 PM
erin cuthbert sounds a sensible young lassie as well

Lago
28-05-2019, 08:34 PM

I'm glad the dinosaur brigade seems to be in the minority tonight. It isn't always the case on here.

I don't understand why some people slate the women's game, no it's not the same as the men's game, the physicality different, but we should encourage our young folk both boys & girls into the sport.

HoboHarry
28-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Good result and the best of luck to them. They're in rarefied air in Scotland knowing what its like to qualify for a World Cup......

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2019, 08:40 PM
:music: Don't come home too soon

:cb

oconnors_strip
28-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Just waited in the shortest queue at mount Florida for train back to central station, even with 18,555 fans there 👍🏻

Good game from the ladies, some well worked play and good boost to fitness for all who got on.

Good luck in France ladies! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Lago
28-05-2019, 09:05 PM
Just waited in the shortest queue at mount Florida for train back to central station, even with 18,555 fans there 👍🏻

Good game from the ladies, some well worked play and good boost to fitness for all who got on.

Good luck in France ladies! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

👍

The Modfather
28-05-2019, 10:09 PM
I’ve a friend going over for the Belgium game and travelling from their to Nice for the women’s game against Japan. Suspect he won’t be the only TA doing that.

GreenCastle
28-05-2019, 10:17 PM
I don't understand why some people slate the women's game, no it's not the same as the men's game, the physicality different, but we should encourage our young folk both boys & girls into the sport.

It’s football - Male / Female / walking football / 5 a side football etc

People are thick and stuck in old times - it’s he same sport just played by different gender - accept it for what it is. Lots of positives from the Scotland performance.

Men’s football team is awful so nice to have something to cheer on doing well.

Baader
28-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Having tried to contribute positively about the women's game on a recent thread here I'm surprised too. There's a few who seem to think no woman on earth can run faster than a man or that the beautiful game can only be played by men... FACT. :rolleyes:

18k there. That's very good.

Haymaker
29-05-2019, 03:17 AM

This.

The game is the game.

JimBHibees
29-05-2019, 05:49 AM
Very watchable game Scotland passed the ball well in the main and have some cracking players Weir, Little, Cuthbert to name 3. Tough group they are in with England and Japan but it players stay fit should be competitive with a bit of luck could qualify.

GloryGlory
29-05-2019, 06:18 AM

We are playing England at the Alliance Riviera in Nice - capacity is more like 30-35,000 than 60,000.

stoneyburn hibs
29-05-2019, 06:36 AM
We are playing England at the Alliance Riviera in Nice - capacity is more like 30-35,000 than 60,000.

I know mate, corrected my error further down the thread.

Mainstandman
29-05-2019, 07:11 AM
I’ve a friend going over for the Belgium game and travelling from their to Nice for the women’s game against Japan. Suspect he won’t be the only TA doing that.

its gonna be awfy quiet for him, the games in Rennes, i'll be there

Frazerbob
29-05-2019, 07:24 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night. Far higher standard than I expected. No cheating, diving, play acting. No moaning fans, no abuse from the stand aimed at players or fellow fans. All round a great experience.

Looking forward to the England game in Nice now, on route to Brussels. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Brightside
29-05-2019, 08:02 AM
i thought the lassie beattie was very poor in the 1st 45, continually passing it out to a jamaican, along with the lassie ross up front, both subsequently subbed at HT, unfortunately the lassie that they brought on for beattie in defence also mucked up for the 2nd jamaican goal, i couldn't quite work out our tactics in the first 45, sometimes only two defenders against two and sometimes three attackers, it's hardly surprising our defence looks so shaky at the back sometimes, and i can see we are still mucking about at the back...get it sorted petrie

lovely goal for the lassie cuthbert though

Beattie and Howard her replacement are very poor. They will get ripped apart by England. Rachel Corsie is a good footballing CH but really needs someone to help her. Ive watched Beattie loads of times and can only assume she is picked due to her size.

JimBHibees
29-05-2019, 10:43 AM
Beattie and Howard her replacement are very poor. They will get ripped apart by England. Rachel Corsie is a good footballing CH but really needs someone to help her. Ive watched Beattie loads of times and can only assume she is picked due to her size.

Always thought Jen Beattie looks good, not so good last night but a regular at Man City so they obviously rate her.

Hannah_hfc
29-05-2019, 02:21 PM
Was at the game last night, but of a shambles getting in- typical SFA advertising the game for weeks and being totally unprepared when folk turned up. Lack of turnstiles opened, advanced ticket seats sold to cash gate customers, crowds of people not knowing where to go or sit.

Very much enjoyed the game 20 mins in when we finally got seated. Was brilliant to see such a big crowd supporting the women before the World Cup.

Also the first Scotland goal was a belter [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian cruise
29-05-2019, 02:27 PM

I know someone who is doing that too think there will be be a few as you say.