PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Utd

hfc rd
28-05-2019, 12:17 AM
Set to be taken over by Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan.

He’s a senior member of the Abu Dhabi royal family and cousin of the Man City owner Sheikh Mansour.

I fear it’s just a matter of time now that a number of clubs are going to be getting bought over by these Middle Eastern Sheikhs.

hibsfan7
28-05-2019, 01:05 AM
I wish some arab sheik would buy hibs

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2019, 01:06 AM

He’s a senior member of the Abu Dhabi royal family and cousin of the Man City owner Sheikh Mansour.

I fear it’s just a matter of time now that a number of clubs are going to be getting bought over by these Middle Eastern Sheikhs.

Maybe so, but I bet the NUFC fans are pissing themselves with excitement and dreaming of Man City like glory. To be fair to them there cant be many clubs with such a large and loyal support who have been let down by so many for so long … I'm no NUFC fan, but their fans never ending devotion to the club through years of at best mediocrity is admirable, who could grudge them a bit of success.

Said it so many times, but the fact that these guys ignore Scotland is missing a trick if you ask me. For relative peanuts compared to the investment required to get Newcastle into the top 4 in England they could break the longest lasting duopoly ( and lately monopoly ) in world football and that would bring them just as much kudos as relative success in the EPL would. I suggest a club with a growable fanbase, an expandable stadium and already decent training facilities :greengrin

Scott Allan Key
28-05-2019, 01:50 AM

I fear it’s just a matter of time now that a number of clubs are going to be getting bought over by these Middle Eastern Sheikhs.I wonder if he realises how many of them sang about Mido of Middlesbrough being a terrorist bomber. They don't deserve success.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Steve-O
28-05-2019, 02:12 AM
Maybe so, but I bet the NUFC fans are pissing themselves with excitement and dreaming of Man City like glory. To be fair to them there cant be many clubs with such a large and loyal support who have been let down by so many for so long … I'm no NUFC fan, but their fans never ending devotion to the club through years of at best mediocrity is admirable, who could grudge them a bit of success.

Said it so many times, but the fact that these guys ignore Scotland is missing a trick if you ask me. For relative peanuts compared to the investment required to get Newcastle into the top 4 in England they could break the longest lasting duopoly ( and lately monopoly ) in world football and that would bring them just as much kudos as relative success in the EPL would. I suggest a club with a growable fanbase, an expandable stadium and already decent training facilities :greengrin

As soon as any Sheikh was shown around the facilities at East Mains, they'd definitely be in!

Austinho
28-05-2019, 04:13 AM

Said it so many times, but the fact that these guys ignore Scotland is missing a trick if you ask me. For relative peanuts compared to the investment required to get Newcastle into the top 4 in England they could break the longest lasting duopoly ( and lately monopoly ) in world football and that would bring them just as much kudos as relative success in the EPL would. I suggest a club with a growable fanbase, an expandable stadium and already decent training facilities :greengrinObviously can’t be many Sheiks from the Middle East with too much interest in Scottish Football, however the club should be casting their net further and wider for investment and sponsorship.

- People/businesses with an Edinburgh connection
- People/businesses from Ireland
- Perhaps American businessmen who have Scottish/Irish heritage who’d be interested in the prestige of owning or sponsoring a Scottish football team with Irish connections. Americans go mad for their heritage - look at Donald Trump buying up Scottish golf courses.
- same goes for Australian’s to a lesser degree. But we’ve also had 3 Aussies in the national team, so perhaps a good connection there.
- for sponsorship, we could be targeting companies who have green logos - compare our sponsorship with Whyte and Mackay who were recognised by one small blue box on the chest, and Carlsberg where the whole front of the strip was basically one big green advert for them. Land Rover is a good one off the top of my head.

thegaffer12
28-05-2019, 06:15 AM
Does that mean we'll be seeing Neymar line up for Newcastle at Easter Road this summer?

CraigHibee
28-05-2019, 06:54 AM
As soon as any Sheikh was shown around the facilities at East Mains, they'd definitely be in!

If only, not enough money to be made in Scottish football for them to take an interest

Hibernia&Alba
28-05-2019, 07:07 AM
I can't help but wonder what these foreign billionaires are up to. Is it just a vanity project, so they can say they own a big football club, or is more sinister e.g. money laundering projects? It isn't a business proposition, as to be successful they have to spend far more than they recoup.

overdrive
28-05-2019, 07:13 AM
If only, not enough money to be made in Scottish football for them to take an interest

Dunno, Saddam Hussein was a big Hibby, maybe there’s someone else out there that bleeds green and white :greengrin

Diclonius
28-05-2019, 07:22 AM
So now Newcastle will be a super rich club. I'd be annoyed, but they're my team, so fair enough.

bingo70
28-05-2019, 07:35 AM
So now Newcastle will be a super rich club. I'd be annoyed, but they're my team, so fair enough.

Now there’s so many super rich clubs, does it not just mean that previously relatively average players will now be going for crazy money.

There’s only so many genuinely exciting world class players out there and the best ones will still go to Man City, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG etc.....

Being a super rich club in the Premiership is unlikely to mean what it did 5-10 years ago, especially with these vague financial fair play rules.

Pretty Boy
28-05-2019, 07:38 AM
A guy with an alleged shady attitude towards human rights with wealth made on the back of poor migrant workers. But enough about Mike Ashley......

It will be interesting to see how this develops. There is a very decent infrastructure in place at Newcastle so new owners really only have to give a manger the funds to build a team. How much does it cost to break into the top 4 these days? That is, quite literally, the billion pound question.

allezsauzee
28-05-2019, 07:57 AM
I can't help but wonder what these foreign billionaires are up to. Is it just a vanity project, so they can say they own a big football club, or is more sinister e.g. money laundering projects? It isn't a business proposition, as to be successful they have to spend far more than they recoup.

Not so much money laundering as shifting assets from a country that could erupt into chaos in a short period of time into one with a more stable political regime....well until England and Wales decided to vote for Brexit!

04Sauzee
28-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Not that I'd want it at Hibs, but how much would it cost to ensure a Scottish club qualify for CL football every season.

Gloucester Hibs
28-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Now there’s so many super rich clubs, does it not just mean that previously relatively average players will now be going for crazy money.

There’s only so many genuinely exciting world class players out there and the best ones will still go to Man City, Barca, Real Madrid, PSG etc.....

Being a super rich club in the Premiership is unlikely to mean what it did 5-10 years ago, especially with these vague financial fair play rules.

First point is spot on. Regarding your second point there's no reason why Newcastle (or any team) couldn't elevate themselves to this level with massive investment. It's only in the last 5-10 years that we've began to consider Man City and PSG in these kind of terms for exactly that reason.

As a fan of NUFC since the early 90's under Ossie Ardiles in the old 2nd division it would be great to see them win a trophy - any trophy!

1van Sprou7e
28-05-2019, 08:04 AM
I wonder if he realises how many of them sang about Mido of Middlesbrough being a terrorist bomber. They don't deserve success.

Just like all the Hibs fans calling skacel a refugee, that club also deserves no success....

Michael
28-05-2019, 08:07 AM
Not that I'd want it at Hibs, but how much would it cost to ensure a Scottish club qualify for CL football every season.

Celtic should be qualifying every year as they're probably outspending every other team on the champions route.

Onceinawhile
28-05-2019, 08:08 AM

It is sportswashing.

Get your name linked to a famous football club that's doing well and people will forget how barbaric a reign you have at home.

It also enlists 10s if not 100s of thousands of people to defend you should something break into the western news cycle regarding your country or emirate.

The Modfather
28-05-2019, 08:54 AM
Will Newcastle now be viewed the same disparaging way as Man City & Chelsea who were artificially elevated above their natural level?

MWHIBBIES
28-05-2019, 09:04 AM
Will Newcastle now be viewed the same disparaging way as Man City & Chelsea who were artificially elevated above their natural level?

If they are successful off the back of money laundering, human rights violations and other criminal activity like those 2 then of course they should be.

.Sean.
28-05-2019, 09:13 AM
I’d honestly hate Hibs to be taken over by someone like that and become a plastics club full of foreign tourist ‘fans’ and zoomers filming the game so their wee pals on social media know they were at the game. **** that.

Soulless and boring.

Souter96Mac
28-05-2019, 09:46 AM
It seems this lad is not related to the Man City owner.

Since452
28-05-2019, 10:20 AM
I’d honestly hate Hibs to be taken over by someone like that and become a plastics club full of foreign tourist ‘fans’ and zoomers filming the game so their wee pals on social media know they were at the game. **** that.

Soulless and boring.

I know where you're coming from but if we stayed at ER with current capacity there wouldn't be much change from the hardcore radges that go now. Only change would be dominating Scottish football. I'd take it. If it ment a move to the 50k Ethihad Edinburgh Arena on the outskirts of the city I'd pass.

heid the baw
28-05-2019, 10:24 AM
Said it so many times, but the fact that these guys ignore Scotland is missing a trick if you ask me. For relative peanuts compared to the investment required to get Newcastle into the top 4 in England they could break the longest lasting duopoly ( and lately monopoly ) in world football and that would bring them just as much kudos as relative success in the EPL would.
The reason they don't want to invest in Scotland is the same reason that they don't race their thoroughbreds at Musselburgh or moor their superyachts in Granton Harbour.
They simply don't know it exists because it has no relevance globally or even south of Berwick for that matter.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2019, 10:44 AM

Its not about money for these guys, most of them already have more money than you could spend in a hundred lifetimes. What it is about is prestige and glamour … you get that by owning a club in the worlds most popular league, or in the case of PSG in arguably the worlds most glamourous city.

That being said, if you ask me that prestige could just as easily be available to anybody who could claim to be behind the breaking of the tightest football stranglehold out there. I can still recall an interest being taken in Hearts in other parts of Europe when they had that unbeaten start under George Burley. Imagine what it would be like if a club like Hibs could win the league, small country or not it would make waves around the world. One of these guys could do that for the amount of money they spend on a yacht.

Crazyhorse
28-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Its not about money for these guys, most of them already have more money than you could spend in a hundred lifetimes. What it is about is prestige and glamour … you get that by owning a club in the worlds most popular league, or in the case of PSG in arguably the worlds most glamourous city.

That being said, if you ask me that prestige could just as easily be available to anybody who could claim to be behind the breaking of the tightest football stranglehold out there. I can still recall an interest being taken in Hearts in other parts of Europe when they had that unbeaten start under George Burley. Imagine what it would be like if a club like Hibs could win the league, small country or not it would make waves around the world. One of these guys could do that for the amount of money they spend on a yacht.

Precisely as others have suggested it’s a kind of attempt at soft power by the back door, particularly for the Gulf theocracies. Whether it works or not I don’t know.

StevieC
28-05-2019, 12:05 PM
I’ve got my doubts ..

I’ve seen Ashley talk about a takeover every time the transfer window opens for about the last 5 seasons. It’s his way of avoiding spending money on players, and pocketing it to buy failing businesses (like House of Fraser) for his retail empire.

Expect this to run until it’s too late to buy players, and then it will collapse.

Diclonius
28-05-2019, 12:08 PM

Soulless and boring.

I'm one of said fans so not bothered. :greengrin

But honestly, if it was Hibs - agree. Sure, we'd win the league and batter Hearts more often than not but it wouldn't feel "real", if you know what I mean. Regular 4-0 humpings and easy Scottish Cup wins with vastly superior squads would be nothing compared to last-minute winners and tight cup wins on an even playing field. It'd get boring.

Northernhibee
28-05-2019, 01:01 PM
All these clubs being strengthened by rich Sheiks, as opposed to Nigel Farage who is ****ing terrified of milk sheiks.

aljo7-0
28-05-2019, 01:07 PM
All this talk of rich sheiks - so soon after that sickening attack on Nigel Farage. Really some people have no respect https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANEAAP///729vVn/yAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh/sFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnJ0bHNvZnQuY29tL2FuaW1hZ2ljLwoKQ3J lYXRlZCB3aXRoIEFuaW1hZ2ljIEdJRiBWIDEuMjEKYnkgUmlna HQgdG8gTGVmdCBTb2Z0d2FyZSBJbmMuCgpUbyBzdXBwcmVzcyB 0aGlzIG1lc3NhZ2UgaW4gdGhlIHJlZ2lzdGVyZWQgdmVyc2lvb gp1bmNoZWNrICJPcHRpb25zIHwgQW5pbWFnaWMgY29tbWVudCB mcmFtZSIKACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD2Zx5EC4WIjW nmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOYw9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhbbtSF3OB cplQpqrqlADC88Ju6M023G86nZRzD Uot2SiDUmAomsik4VA1CgAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhSD7RJYfh p1/koqrpVAwC8sOy6MxzP7Xb3rsOT5X7AFo7zAbUUGIqp08ioGgUA IfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYkM8WcfJ0nbtRK KoVeNpZcqqpBYADHAMqy9d166M41ko49F odTsAiqyJI1LZNJwrBoFACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD 2Zx5EC4WIjWnmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiQzxZx8nSdu1Eoqh V42llyqqkFgAMcAyrL13XrozjWSjj0X6h1OwCKrIkjUtk0nCsG gUAIfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYiNaeap4Ug 0SWH4adf5KKq6VQMAvLDsujMcz 12967Dk V wBaO8wG1FBiKqdPIqBoFADs=

southsider
28-05-2019, 01:15 PM
For that Pr&ck. Aye your right.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2019, 01:18 PM
I'm one of said fans so not bothered. :greengrin

But honestly, if it was Hibs - agree. Sure, we'd win the league and batter Hearts more often than not but it wouldn't feel "real", if you know what I mean. Regular 4-0 humpings and easy Scottish Cup wins with vastly superior squads would be nothing compared to last-minute winners and tight cup wins on an even playing field. It'd get boring.

As opposed to what? Seeing the league handed on a plate every year to two clubs whose spending power is vastly inflated because of the huge numbers of 'fans' they leech from clubs all over Scotland and Northern Ireland. A state of affairs which has enabled Celtic and to a lesser extent these days Sevco to year after year rake in tens of millions from Champions league qualification which they use to batter the rest of us into submission …. when they start feeling guilty about that I'll worry about where the financing of my club comes from.

Northernhibee
28-05-2019, 01:25 PM
All this talk of rich sheiks - so soon after that sickening attack on Nigel Farage. Really some people have no respect https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAPANEAAP///729vVn/yAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh/sFodHRwOi8vd3d3LnJ0bHNvZnQuY29tL2FuaW1hZ2ljLwoKQ3J lYXRlZCB3aXRoIEFuaW1hZ2ljIEdJRiBWIDEuMjEKYnkgUmlna HQgdG8gTGVmdCBTb2Z0d2FyZSBJbmMuCgpUbyBzdXBwcmVzcyB 0aGlzIG1lc3NhZ2UgaW4gdGhlIHJlZ2lzdGVyZWQgdmVyc2lvb gp1bmNoZWNrICJPcHRpb25zIHwgQW5pbWFnaWMgY29tbWVudCB mcmFtZSIKACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD2Zx5EC4WIjW nmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOYw9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhbbtSF3OB cplQpqrqlADC88Ju6M023G86nZRzD Uot2SiDUmAomsik4VA1CgAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiI1p5qnhSD7RJYfh p1/koqrpVAwC8sOy6MxzP7Xb3rsOT5X7AFo7zAbUUGIqp08ioGgUA IfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYkM8WcfJ0nbtRK KoVeNpZcqqpBYADHAMqy9d166M41ko49F odTsAiqyJI1LZNJwrBoFACH5BAkeAAEALAAAAAAPAA8AAAI6jD 2Zx5EC4WIjWnmqeFIPtElh GnX SiqulUDALyw7LozHM/tdveuw5PlfsAWjvMBtRQYiqnTyKgaBQAh QQJHgABACwAAAAADwAPAAACOow9mceRAuFiQzxZx8nSdu1Eoqh V42llyqqkFgAMcAyrL13XrozjWSjj0X6h1OwCKrIkjUtk0nCsG gUAIfkECR4AAQAsAAAAAA8ADwAAAjqMPZnHkQLhYiNaeap4Ug 0SWH4adf5KKq6VQMAvLDsujMcz 12967Dk V wBaO8wG1FBiKqdPIqBoFADs=

Let the lactose meet the intolerance.

Northernhibee
28-05-2019, 01:26 PM
As opposed to what? Seeing the league handed on a plate every year to two clubs whose spending power is vastly inflated because of the huge numbers of 'fans' they leech from clubs all over Scotland and Northern Ireland. A state of affairs which has enabled Celtic and to a lesser extent these days Sevco to year after year rake in tens of millions from Champions league qualification which they use to batter the rest of us into submission …. when they start feeling guilty about that I'll worry about where the financing of my club comes from.

That attitude worked well for Hearts. Begging buckets, cash cows, Cathro and Levein.

ancient hibee
28-05-2019, 01:28 PM
Sheik Ratul Nrole in talks with Sir Tom.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 01:32 PM

It's not him.

It's Sheik Envak.

Betty Boop
28-05-2019, 02:49 PM
Just like all the Hibs fans calling skacel a refugee, that club also deserves no success....

Quite.

jonty
28-05-2019, 03:01 PM
It's not him.

It's Sheik Envak.

No carpet salesmen in sight.
It’s sheik itlike apolor oidpicture

Greencore
28-05-2019, 03:11 PM
I wonder if a takeover like this that's genuine will ever happen to a Scottish club? Easy way into the champions league...

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2019, 03:21 PM
That attitude worked well for Hearts. Begging buckets, cash cows, Cathro and Levein.

I wasn't talking about the morality of where the rich guy gets his money, that's a whole different discussion. I'm talking about not being the least bit bothered if Hibs were to become a force in the game being financed by money from a rich owner … provided that money was earned legally and morally, if that wasn't the case I would have an issue with it.

Here’s Lucy!
28-05-2019, 03:50 PM
I wonder if he realises how many of them sang about Mido of Middlesbrough being a terrorist bomber. They don't deserve success. Sent from my LYA-L09 using TapatalkThey don't deserve success because a section of their fans sang a song around 2009?
Get a grip.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 04:08 PM
I wasn't talking about the morality of where the rich guy gets his money, that's a whole different discussion. I'm talking about not being the least bit bothered if Hibs were to become a force in the game being financed by money from a rich owner … provided that money was earned legally and morally, if that wasn't the case I would have an issue with it.

Maybe someone should give this woman a call ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48436622

speedy_gonzales
28-05-2019, 04:22 PM

It's not him.

It's Sheik Envak.

I thought it was the guy from Whizzer & Chips,,,,Mustapha Million?

hfc rd
28-05-2019, 07:53 PM
I wonder if he realises how many of them sang about Mido of Middlesbrough being a terrorist bomber. They don't deserve success.

That’s like saying Hibs don’t deserve success because we called that rat boy rudi skacel a refugee and had a chant about it.

Every club has a******** amongst their support.

Scott Allan Key
29-05-2019, 12:41 AM
That’s like saying Hibs don’t deserve success because we called that rat boy rudi skacel a refugee and had a chant about it.

Every club has a******** amongst their support.We don't. And I've said as such to 'fans' calling out that refugee chant on a train coming back from an away game. It's true there are ******* in all support. I don't like racism or islamophobia of any sort and I'll call it out wherever and I don't need people trying to call me out on it.

Scott Allan Key
29-05-2019, 12:45 AM
They don't deserve success because a section of their fans sang a song around 2009?
Get a grip. Kids get bullied because of this Tommy Robinson ***** lying and spreading hate about Arabs and Muslims. Just see that poor kid in Huddersfield whose family had to leave town.

You get a grip. You're tolerating religious bigotry and anyone else here defending those supporters go and support Rangers who also like to attack people because of their race and religion.

SRHibs
29-05-2019, 02:42 AM
**** you. Kids get bullied because of this Tommy Robinson ***** lying and spreading hate about Arabs and Muslims. Just see that poor kid in Huddersfield whose family had to leave town.

You get a grip. You're tolerating religious bigotry and anyone else here defending those supporters go and support Rangers who also like to attack people because of their race and religion.

Or he’s saying that the vast majority of their fans are innocent, but like every other club they have a dodgy element. Relax.

Haymaker
29-05-2019, 03:07 AM
There's only a finite amount of top draw players in the world. While Newcastle might bring in some better talent than they have now... There's only a finite amount of them too.

And a lot of teams spending money on bang average players.

Not sure it's worth the investment myself but then I'm not a billionaire businessman

jgl07
30-05-2019, 04:30 AM

I think he is from Dubai not Abu Dhabi.

Allant1981
30-05-2019, 05:49 AM
I think he is from Dubai not Abu Dhabi.

Nope he is from Abu Dhabi

Alex Trager
30-05-2019, 07:41 AM

Soulless and boring.

I’d 100% take it.

We don’t have the capacity for that to happen.
We currently play in a league where a team had won the last 8 leagues on the bounce. They have also swept up 9 out of 9 available trophies.

Them and their rivals have 104 league titles between them.

The closest teams to them in terms of league titles won are Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs.

All with 4 titles each. If that’s not soulless and boring I do not know what is.

If we were inflated to a level that we could start winning leagues then I’d be delighted because the league in it’s current format, and previous incarnations is only working for two teams and it’s dreadful.

ekhibee
30-05-2019, 09:19 AM
It'll be interesting to see what team they send up for the friendly, now that they're loaded. Possibly 1 or 2 Man U players? A lot of them seem to be out of contract now.

ekhibee
31-05-2019, 08:23 PM
A Newcastle fan at my work just got a text saying Newcastle have made a bid of £10 million for Moreillos, don't know if anybody else has heard this or if it's just a rumour?

Jones28
31-05-2019, 08:44 PM

Soulless and boring.

Great for a few years, stale after a while.

Mind you, don't hear stories of Man City fans chucking it in.