PDA

View Full Version : Celtic and their fans

27-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Of course at the moment they are giving it large about the "Treble Treble" and fair enough, anybody would but I was sitting thinking to my myself on Saturday, those folk will never experience a true "high" in football. They win trophies every single year and whilst we would all love that to be hibs, it must just become so routine and mundane for them surely?!

Sure they love getting it up Rangers etc but it surely just becomes pretty boring. Not a single one of them will EVER experience anything near the ecstasy, the joy, the emotion, the relief etc etc that we all felt on the beautiful day in May 2016.

I even recall when they beat us in the 2013 final, we stayed behind to applaud the team but whilst walking back up the road to the buses there were actually some Celtic supporters walking up to. Just another final, just another cup, just another tick in the box for them, nothing special just a "awck good" shrug of the shoulders then home to catch the 6 o'clock news. As I said above, compare that with the scenes and the emotion of 21.05.2016.

Don't get me wrong if I was told hibs will win at least 1 trophy every single year then obviously I'd be ecstatic but it does take the specialness of it away when the cups do come around.

Stranraer
28-05-2019, 08:09 AM
After watching the Cup final I was wondering how boring it must be to support them. They take success for granted. The feeling we got when Hibs won the cup must be better than anything a Celtic fan as experienced in recent years.

worcesterhibby
28-05-2019, 08:23 AM
If they had won that Uefa cup final it would have been a similar celebration to our Cup final. That's where they need to get to, to know the same joy.

Since452
28-05-2019, 09:01 AM
I couldn't ever imagine supporting Celtic. They'll never experience a 21/5/16 and what it ment. Even Hearts 98 cup win was beyond what they'll ever feel. We'd all love Celtic's success of course we would but wouldn't change the highs and lows supporting a club like ours bring. Supporting Celtic is easy.

JeMeSouviens
28-05-2019, 09:28 AM
They did in 1967. Outside my lifetime, but then again plenty of Hibbies lived their whole lives without getting our high.

The problem for Celtc (and ultimately for UEFA given it affects every club outside the big 4 leagues) is that that path to success is all but closed to them now.

Robinho08
28-05-2019, 09:33 AM
Sevco fans on the otherhand still waiting on that elusive first major trophy. Discounting the Petrofac cup of course. 😏