PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Rod

Frazerbob
27-05-2019, 05:27 PM
It would seem that The Tache has played a blinder with the SJM deal. Credit where it’s due!

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Can you tell us what is?

Billy Whizz
27-05-2019, 05:44 PM
It would seem that The Tache has played a blinder with the SJM deal. Credit where it’s due!

And he’s got previous too, Fraserbob

The Modfather
27-05-2019, 05:53 PM
Maybe it was Dempster who was instrumental. Either way we look to have got a very good deal.

Lago
27-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Will it go to the player budget or the CCTV budget ?:greengrin

CMac1988
27-05-2019, 06:02 PM

It definitely won't go to the PA system that's for sure... ;)

judas
27-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Have we got a good deal though?

How could you know if you are not privy to any details?

Keith_M
27-05-2019, 06:04 PM

Nah, more sniffer dogs.

eastcoasthibby
27-05-2019, 06:06 PM

Or the much maligned PA system that it's felt by quite anumber needs upgraded ...one thing is for sure it won't all go on players, if it is over a million watch at least half go to east mains new indoor pitch !!

matty_f
27-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Can you tell us what is?

It's an agreement between two clubs to facilitate the transfer of a player's registration for an agreed sum of money, but that's not important just now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-05-2019, 06:15 PM
It's an agreement between two clubs to facilitate the transfer of a player's registration for an agreed sum of money, but that's not important just now.

What a hoot! 😆

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Not that I’m being in critical in any way shape or form but Lennon did want Ryan Christie as part of McGinn deal but we dealt with Villa.

Rod will always have our best interests at heart though and I’m sure he will be having a cheeky wee malt this evening.

One Day Soon
27-05-2019, 06:24 PM

Roger that.

Hibbeejohn
27-05-2019, 06:35 PM
300k apparently

judas
27-05-2019, 06:37 PM
300k apparently

Eh! That’s a bit pi5h is it not?!?

lord bunberry
27-05-2019, 06:49 PM
Why are people presuming it’s Petrie who negotiated the deal? It might have been Dempster, Petrie we were told was only remaining to be a conduit between the club and Farmer.

27-05-2019, 06:55 PM
I’m sure RP was on the park at the end celebrating the victory.

27-05-2019, 07:21 PM

Surely not.

Since452
27-05-2019, 07:21 PM

Exuberant

HoboHarry
27-05-2019, 07:23 PM
Mrs Petrie better watch oot tonight - that result was enough to get the old man randy.....

Viva_Palmeiras
27-05-2019, 07:27 PM

I was just wearing my Ché Petrie T-shirt last week... (true story)

judas
27-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Why are people presuming it’s Petrie who negotiated the deal? It might have been Dempster, Petrie we were told was only remaining to be a conduit between the club and Farmer.

Why is everyone assuming that there is a deal worth talking about?

lord bunberry
27-05-2019, 07:50 PM
Why is everyone assuming that there is a deal worth talking about?

It’s been reported in the press after the game.

hibby6270
27-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Surely not.

Stop calling me Shirley!

hibby6270
27-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Roger that.

Oveur captain!

Inconsequential
27-05-2019, 08:46 PM
Unfortunately we didn't really get that good a deal at all. We all know John McGinn was worth far, far more than the reported 3 million and he has gone on to prove it in the English Championship. Probably got the best deal we could get due to circumstances but in a ideal world Hibs should be rolling in it.

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 08:50 PM
Unfortunately we didn't really get that good a deal at all. We all know John McGinn was worth far, far more than the reported 3 million and he has gone on to prove it in the English Championship. Probably got the best deal we could get due to circumstances but in a ideal world Hibs should be rolling in it.

So we got the best deal we could = good deal. 😁

Likewise see St Mirren.

Steve-O
28-05-2019, 02:19 AM
The Guardian are calling him the bargain signing of the season so I'm not sure the deal was that great tbh.

Stonewall
28-05-2019, 02:52 AM
Due to English prejudice against the Scottish game and Rangers financial restrictions there is effectively no market for Scottish players. Hence Celtic thought they could screw us over the deal and it’s probable that Villa were only interested because they were in danger of breaching FFP regulations.

We didn’t get a great deal but we got the best one we could.

Since452
28-05-2019, 05:42 AM
We were in danger of losing him for nothing. After Villas promotion we're looking at 4m all in so far. Not too bad.

Austinho
28-05-2019, 06:49 AM
Lennon valued him at £5m and most people thought that was unrealistic at the time. There’s a good chance we could recoup more than that all in eventually.

PPZPOL
28-05-2019, 07:10 AM
The Guardian are calling him the bargain signing of the season so I'm not sure the deal was that great tbh.

It’s all relative though. When they talk about a bargain in the English Championship, they are probably referring to deals less than £5M!! Some of the clubs in there are buying boys for stupid money.

Speedway
28-05-2019, 11:01 AM
R-Pe reckons it wasn't him.

'The departure of the player was not unexpected and the executive team is to be congratulated – not only for securing appropriate value for the player but also for the work done to achieve the summer signings which have seen a number of full international players join the club'

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2019, 11:49 AM
We lost a very good player for far less than he was worth. Villa and the English press can bang on about bargains after the season SJM has just had, we knew they were getting a bargain the second he walked out the door at Easter Road.

The money SJM has contributed to Villa now being able to earn is such a massive return on their investment they should have been electronically transferring whatever the add on money was the second the final whistle went. I cant remember who the opposition was, but a few years ago when Cardiff were in the play off final the two clubs agreed that the loser would keep all of the Wembley gate money, which before tax would have been at the very least an £800,000 gift from the winning club based on 40,000 of an 80,000 crowd paying an average of £20 each. If perspective were needed of how valuable winning that game is look no further.

Danderhall Hibs
28-05-2019, 12:03 PM
Lets just be clear - if it was a bad deal it was Petrie, if it’s good deal it was someone else.

hibbydad
28-05-2019, 12:28 PM
Not atall Danderhall Rod is very skilled in these type of negotiations

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 12:31 PM
Not atall Danderhall Rod is very skilled in these type of negotiations

Who the ****** is Danderhall Rod?

hibbydad
28-05-2019, 12:40 PM
Should have put a full stop after Danderhall. I was replying to him re RP's negotiating skills

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 01:15 PM
Should have put a full stop after Danderhall. I was replying to him re RP's negotiating skills

Yes, I knew that.

It was merely a jolly jape on my part.

Silversand
28-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Who the ****** is Danderhall Rod?Rods non entity imposter. It's like the Big Lebowski.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

IanM
28-05-2019, 04:40 PM
It’s only a good deal if Hecky gets 100% of the cash

Northernhibee
28-05-2019, 04:43 PM

What if its a case that 90% goes into youth development and ends up producing another three John McGinns?

MWHIBBIES
28-05-2019, 05:00 PM

Which never happens at any club anywhere in the world.

overdrive
28-05-2019, 05:24 PM
Who the ****** is Danderhall Rod?

It’s Petrie. He’s had to move from East Lothian to a secret Danderhall location so the players don’t know where to go to in the event of a player revolt.

hibbydad
28-05-2019, 10:41 PM
Silver Sand you are wrong you totally underestimate Rod

CMurdoch
28-05-2019, 10:55 PM
Due to English prejudice against the Scottish game and Rangers financial restrictions there is effectively no market for Scottish players. Hence Celtic thought they could screw us over the deal and it’s probable that Villa were only interested because they were in danger of breaching FFP regulations.

That about covers it.

KerPlunk
29-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Large shovel of salt required here but there’s a poster over on Pn’B who claims to be best buddies (see what I did there ?) with Stuart Gilmour’s laddie and his info is that due to Villa gaining promotion to Premiership, Hibs get another 2.5m of which 33% goes to St. Mirren.
Anyone confirm ? :dunno:

Since452
29-05-2019, 09:20 AM
Large shovel of salt required here but there’s a poster over on Pn’B who claims to be best buddies (see what I did there ?) with Stuart Gilmour’s laddie and his info is that due to Villa gaining promotion to Premiership, Hibs get another 2.5m of which 33% goes to St. Mirren.
Anyone confirm ? :dunno:

Don't think anyone really knows and Hibs unlikely to say

Smartie
29-05-2019, 09:27 AM

The only way for that to change will be for more players to make the impact John McGinn has after moving South.

Tiny_Tim
29-05-2019, 09:41 AM
When do the accounts get released? That will show us income from player trading. I heard it was 3m upfront with 1m going to st midden.

Vini1875
29-05-2019, 01:02 PM
Congratulate Rod all you want, but I would suggest two things 1. It probably wasn't him that negotiated the SJM deal with Villa and 2. It was him who negotiated the deal with St. Mirren that is costing us a fortune at the moment and will cost us even more in the future.

IWasThere2016
29-05-2019, 01:07 PM
Great deal for the Hibs. Congrats to all involved - and that most certainly includes RP.

Peevemor
29-05-2019, 01:10 PM
Congratulate Rod all you want, but I would suggest two things 1. It probably wasn't him that negotiated the SJM deal with Villa and 2. It was him who negotiated the deal with St. Mirren that is costing us a fortune at the moment and will cost us even more in the future.

Cherry picking at it's best.

We signed SJM (or just JM as he was at that time) from St Mirren at the end of July, 2 months after Leeann Dempster arrived at ER. This was also the same period that we were refusing to sell Scott Allan to Rangers (I suppose that was Leeann's decision?).

We've no idea who negotiates what at Hibs, but some will attribute anything even slightly negative to RP.

The 90+2
29-05-2019, 01:17 PM

1) you have no clue of that
2) we had a chief executive in at the time same one you probably say was in charge of 1)
3) we would never have had the privilege of seeing John Mcginn in a hibs top winning he Scottish cup if we didn’t negotiate the deal we did with st Mirren.

John McGinn to Hibernian was an absolute pleasure. We got millions out of it on and off the field. My fav moment was either the goal at Tynie or the goal when he came off the bench from injury against Dundee Utd and scored 👍

MWHIBBIES
29-05-2019, 01:32 PM

So it was him who signed McGinn then?

Peevemor
29-05-2019, 01:35 PM
So it was him who signed McGinn then?

No, somebody else decided to do that, Rod just negotiated a crap deal.

Obviously.

mjhibby
29-05-2019, 01:43 PM
When do the accounts get released? That will show us income from player trading. I heard it was 3m upfront with 1m going to st midden.

My understanding was Hibs getting £2.4m and and stmirren getting £600,000 hence the deal costing £3m. The sum quoted of £3.5m I suspect included us getting around £500,000 if villa got promotion. I'm sure there will also be number of appearances,Scotland caps etc. There could be others but I would estimate we've made around £2.9m with no doubt other payments to follow plus if he is sold on. I believe that is what Steve Bruce was referring to when saying how complicated it was. Villa have got a steal but I'm sure in time we will get a good return on selling sjm to them. So delighted we did get him and the pleasure we got seeing him in a Hibs jersey.

BFG
29-05-2019, 02:17 PM
Can’t understand this point of view, We had SJM for 3 seasons and are earning millions from his sale, if we are after other players who may be out of our price range we can point to the extra money’s St Mirren are getting as an add on, who knows it may just swing the deal in our favour, either way we’re still quids in

Tiny_Tim
30-05-2019, 12:03 PM
My understanding was Hibs getting £2.4m and and stmirren getting £600,000 hence the deal costing £3m. The sum quoted of £3.5m I suspect included us getting around £500,000 if villa got promotion. I'm sure there will also be number of appearances,Scotland caps etc. There could be others but I would estimate we've made around £2.9m with no doubt other payments to follow plus if he is sold on. I believe that is what Steve Bruce was referring to when saying how complicated it was. Villa have got a steal but I'm sure in time we will get a good return on selling sjm to them. So delighted we did get him and the pleasure we got seeing him in a Hibs jersey.

Very decent price for a player in the final year of their contract