27-05-2019, 04:03 PM
As "easy" as that :wink:

green day
27-05-2019, 04:04 PM

?

Onion
27-05-2019, 04:05 PM
Just what I was thinking. Going to be the richest ex-Hibs player in history - a very rich young man.

HoboHarry
27-05-2019, 04:06 PM
I'm not following? Where are those figures coming from?

SquashedFrogg
27-05-2019, 04:28 PM
But he missed out on a treble treble and games against Motherwell and St Johnstone next season.

Here’s Lucy!
27-05-2019, 04:33 PM

Who?

The_Sauz
27-05-2019, 04:49 PM
SJM....I just don't think you understand!!!! :wink:

Since452
27-05-2019, 04:50 PM
2.5k a week maybe....

malcolm
27-05-2019, 04:51 PM

Missed a . out of the first value :wink:

Shrekko
27-05-2019, 04:56 PM
Apart from seeking attention, has anyone any idea why this thread was created?

Here’s Lucy!
27-05-2019, 05:02 PM

It's a quiet Monday afternoon?

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 06:09 AM

I was going to elaborate, but I had to go out. My point was about the money on offer in the EPL. Money that SJM will now be earning.

I was talking to a friend who's son has just signed for Leeds United.

He's 16 and earns £230 per week basic. Had Leeds been promoted, that would have doubled.

However, it's his current terms in the championship that are mind boggling.

If he is called up to the reserve team squad, he gets a bonus of £250. If he is a used substitute, he gets £500 and if he starts, he gets £1000. He's 16 and this is the reserves.

If he ever gets a game for Leeds first team, he automatically gets a bonus of £25000! And that's per game.

There are also huge bonuses for points won and goals.

Let those figures sink in and then imagine what EPL players can earn.

When SJM signed for Villa the talk was about him earning £25k a week.

That will have multiplied several times now.

Since90+2
28-05-2019, 06:39 AM
I was going to elaborate, but I had to go out. My point was about the money on offer in the EPL. Money that SJM will now be earning.

He's 16 and earns £230 per week basic. Had Leeds been promoted, that would have doubled.

If he is called up to the reserve team squad, he gets a bonus of £250. If he is a used substitute, he gets £500 and if he starts, he gets £1000. He's 16 and this is the reserves.

If he ever gets a game for Leeds first team, he automatically gets a bonus of £25000!

He won't be on a anything like 150k a week. That's just silly.

SquashedFrogg
28-05-2019, 07:09 AM

Agree. I'm sure Andy Robertson is on around 60k pw.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 07:11 AM

Obviously I don't know what he'll earn, but it'll be eye-wateringly high.

Man United were reported as paying a yearly AVERAGE wage of £6.5m a year. Paul Pogba alone earns £15m a year, plus he has a £31m sponsorship deal with Adidas. Barcelona are averaging £10m a year. Mental.

SJM won't be earning anywhere near that, yet, but Villa will need to multiply his championship salary considerably if they want to keep him.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 07:16 AM

I think that's probably right as far as his basic salary is concerned.

There's also bonuses for appearances, wins, points and goals etc.

I think it's no wonder footballers are coy about their earnings.

sambajustice
28-05-2019, 07:17 AM
If he gives us one weeks wages we could get Griff back...

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 07:18 AM
If he gives us one weeks wages we could get Griff back...

I've a feeling that Aston Villa will be giving us a lot more than that! 😁

SquashedFrogg
28-05-2019, 07:19 AM
I think that's probably right as far as his basic salary is concerned.

There's also bonuses for appearances, wins, points and goals etc.

I think it's no wonder footballers are coy about their earnings.

Fair point. I'm sure I read recently that champions league bonuses are ridiculous.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 07:24 AM
Fair point. I'm sure I read recently that champions league bonuses are ridiculous.

:agree:

Real Madrid players got £2m each last year for winning the final.

Liverpool players will share £7m if they beat Spurs, so roughly £500k pp.

Spurs bonus pot is £5m.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 07:31 AM
This was posted on the thread about Hibs getting money because of SJM:s promotion;

Cabbageandribs1875 11:48 PM Yesterday

"Ross McCormack, who last played for villa in january 2017 and has been farmed out on loan to a few clubs will see his weekly wage rise to 70k/week for the remaining 12 months of his contract,

yep...SEVENTY grand/week due to big bonuses for promotion and a few other players as well"

SquashedFrogg
28-05-2019, 07:33 AM
This was posted on the thread about Hibs getting money because of SJM:s promotion;

Cabbageandribs1875 11:48 PM Yesterday

"Ross McCormack, who last played for villa in january 2017 and has been farmed out on loan to a few clubs will see his weekly wage rise to 70k/week for the remaining 12 months of his contract,

yep...SEVENTY grand/week due to big bonuses for promotion and a few other players as well"

Read that last night. Mental.

MWHIBBIES
28-05-2019, 07:52 AM
McGinns basic wage will not have multiplied several times by now, ridiculous suggestion. You think Villas wage bill has just tripled over night? Would be the worst run business in the world

calumhibee1
28-05-2019, 08:00 AM

If he ever gets a game for Leeds first team, he automatically gets a bonus of £25000! And that's per game.

So your pals son is 16 and has a £25k appearance fee per game for a Championship side? I find that very hard to believe. He’s got some agent if that’s the case though.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 09:22 AM
So your pals son is 16 and has a £25k appearance fee per game for a Championship side? I find that very hard to believe. He’s got some agent if that’s the case though.

He's just signed a pro-contract so there's virtually no possibility that he'll a game in the near future, but the players who do, get £25k. That's what Leeds pay.

I was gobsmacked, but he assured me that was the structure.

They also get £10k a goal. The money is unbelievable.

Remember, Brandon Barker was earning £10k a week at Man City and he's never played for the first team. If he had, his appearance bonus would have been considerable.

Phil MaGlass
28-05-2019, 09:23 AM

Could just be a matter of time until Robertsons contract is opehed up and he gets a massive pay increase, the guys quality.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 10:00 AM
McGinns basic wage will not have multiplied several times by now, ridiculous suggestion. You think Villas wage bill has just tripled over night? Would be the worst run business in the world

Yes, I agree that £150k a week was an excited exaggeration, but the Villa wage bill will rise significantly because of their promotion and good business or not, they can afford it.

Less than a year ago, an Egyptian billionaire invested in the club and now has a 55% shareholding.

They have a massive support and will sell out their 42000 stadium every week.

McGinn was their player of the year, he had 9 assists and scored 7 goals, one of which was goal of the season and one got them promoted.. Villa will have to chuck money at him if they want to stop one of the top 6 luring him.

I think he'd be amazing in a Man I shirt and I'm pretty sure that Ole already rates him.

MWHIBBIES
28-05-2019, 10:13 AM
Yes, I agree that £150k a week was an excited exaggeration, but the Villa wage bill will rise significantly because of their promotion and good business or not, they can afford it.

Less than a year ago, an Egyptian billionaire invested in the club and now has a 55% shareholding.

They have a massive support and will sell out their 42000 stadium every week.

McGinn was their player of the year, he had 9 assists and scored 7 goals, one of which was goal of the season and one got them promoted.. Villa will have to chuck money at him if they want to stop one of the top 6 luring him.

I think he'd be amazing in a Man I shirt and I'm pretty sure that Ole already rates him.

It will increase 10/15%, not multiple times. Im sure McGinn will get a new deal, increasing his wages by 20/25%, not by 6 times.

No one has any idea if ''Ole'' rates him. I doubt United are releasing a better player in Ander Herrera to make way for McGinn

J-C
28-05-2019, 10:29 AM
All players will have promotion clauses in their contracts it'll be standard procedure.

Steven79
28-05-2019, 10:51 AM
It will increase 10/15%, not multiple times. Im sure McGinn will get a new deal, increasing his wages by 20/25%, not by 6 times.

No one has any idea if ''Ole'' rates him. I doubt United are releasing a better player in Ander Herrera to make way for McGinn

Scott McTominay is nowhere near as good and has managed 22 games for United this season so how many would John get?

MWHIBBIES
28-05-2019, 10:55 AM
Scott McTominay is nowhere near as good and has managed 22 games for United this season so how many would John get?

Just a blanket statement really, McTominay isn't good enough for United either but hes not hopeless, actually had some great games for them.

The Modfather
28-05-2019, 10:59 AM
Just a blanket statement really, McTominay isn't good enough for United either but hes not hopeless, actually had some great games for them.

With the attributes McGinn has he would improve both Arsenal & Man U and make the whole greater than the sum of the parts IMO.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 11:00 AM

Well, the Leeds boy I referred to would have had his salary doubled if they'd been promoted.

And Ross McCormack, who doesn't even feature, has seen his salary rise from £40k a week to £70k.

SJM is on circa £25k at the moment. His wage rise will be a great deal more than £2.5k.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2019, 11:01 AM
It wouldn't be unreasonable to surmise that SJM's basic wage will go from around 20K a week to at least 35K ….. One of the reasons for the eye watering parachute payments relegated clubs get is to ease them through having to honour the mental contracts they hand out as EPL clubs when they are in the championship.

Whatever the case its clear that SJM will retire from football a very wealthy and still young man and in all honesty I cant think of a more deserving player for that to happen to … apart from that he must already be a stick on for a place in Scottish football's hall of fame :thumbsup:

jeffers
28-05-2019, 11:04 AM
Well, the Leeds boy I referred to would have had his salary doubled if they'd been promoted.

And Ross McCormack, who doesn't even feature, has seen his salary rise from £40k a week to £70k.

SJM is on circa £25k at the moment. His wage rise will be a great deal more than £2.5k.
Out of interest how do you know what SJMs salary is ?

MWHIBBIES
28-05-2019, 11:08 AM

His salary was 200 quid, that why is double. You don't double a whole squad on 25k. Why do you think McCormack made the news? its because its rare for something like that to happen. Increase yes, not by nearly 100%

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Out of interest how do you know what SJMs salary is ?

That's a good question actually.

I can't remember where I read it, but it was mentioned in the press I think. I think Steve Bruce alluded to it, but I'm not sure.

There are lists of Villa players'wages available online and £25k for John would seem to be a reasonable guess/assumption.

It could be more, but I doubt it would be much less.

jeffers
28-05-2019, 12:05 PM
That's a good question actually.

I can't remember where I read it, but it was mentioned in the press I think. I think Steve Bruce alluded to it, but I'm not sure.

There are lists of Villa players'wages available online and £25k for John would seem to be a reasonable guess/assumption.

It could be more, but I doubt it would be much less.

Cheers, fwiw I think you are probably not far off the mark. I do know it's a LOT more than Celtic would have paid him.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 12:08 PM
His salary was 200 quid, that why is double. You don't double a whole squad on 25k. Why do you think McCormack made the news? its because its rare for something like that to happen. Increase yes, not by nearly 100%

Ok. It's all speculation, but I'm basing my views on information I've found.

Ross McCormack and the other players on the fringes who don't get a game, are getting increased salaries "in line with Villa's EPL wage structure". A 75% increase for a player who they don't want.

Villa will receive nearly £200m extra revenue next season, more if they finish high enough in the league. Their current wage bill is £73m.

Crystal Palace's wage bill in the championship was £21m. The next year, in the EPL, it was £46m.

Palace pay their midfielders between £50k and £125k a week. James McArthur is one of their lower earners on £50k.

Villa will have a bigger income than Palace because their stadium holds 16k more fans.

I very much doubt that McGinn's agent will allow his client to play for half of that.

But, there's no point arguing about it. We'll find out in a year or so when figures are published.

MWHIBBIES
28-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Ok. It's all speculation, but I'm basing my views on information I've found.

Ross McCormack and the other players on the fringes who don't get a game, are getting increased salaries "in line with Villa's EPL wage structure". A 75% increase for a player who they don't want.

Villa will receive nearly £200m extra revenue next season, more if they finish high enough in the league. Their current wage bill is £73m.

Crystal Palace's wage bill in the championship was £21m. The next year, in the EPL, it was £46m.

Palace pay their midfielders between £50k and £125k a week. James McArthur is one of their lower earners on £50k.

Villa will have a bigger income than Palace because their stadium holds 16k more fans.

I very much doubt that McGinn's agent will allow his client to play for half of that.

But, there's no point arguing about it. We'll find out in a year or so when figures are published.

McCormack wasn't signed as a player who wouldn't get a game, he cost 12 million, hence the huge contract. He is not comparable to McGinn.

Crystal Palaces wage bill increased also because they signed 18 players when they were promoted. I'n guessing their highest payed midfielder now is Max Meyer on 125k a week? Probably so high because he was a free agent and had many clubs chasing him.

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 12:45 PM
McCormack wasn't signed as a player who wouldn't get a game, he cost 12 million, hence the huge contract. He is not comparable to McGinn.

Crystal Palaces wage bill increased also because they signed 18 players when they were promoted. I'n guessing their highest payed midfielder now is Max Meyer on 125k a week? Probably so high because he was a free agent and had many clubs chasing him.

McCormack's and the others' wages rose because of Villa's wage structure, not their individual contracts. I think it's safe to assume that will apply to all players.

It's reckoned that the increases for these fringe players alone will be circa £4m. McCormack's share of that is £1.5m.

Palace's wage bill for 2017 was more than double again. €133m (£118m).

Edit: Yes, Meyer is top earner on £125k. Benteke is next on £120k.

Keith_M
28-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Did you mean 'from £2.5k a week'?

Hibbyradge
28-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Did you mean 'from £2.5k a week'?

I should have. 😁

Keith_M
28-05-2019, 05:20 PM
I should have. 😁

I was wondering. 25k per week seemed quite generous for Hibs

:greengrin