PDA

View Full Version : Genoa

The 90+2
26-05-2019, 08:07 PM
Hanging on to survival through the skin of their teeth at the moment as a draw would do. Potentially good news for us I would imagine!

26-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Empoli just equalised

The 90+2
26-05-2019, 08:17 PM
Empoli just equalised

Still ahead by one goal 😁

nickwhibs
26-05-2019, 08:19 PM
Still ahead by one goal 😁

Inter ahead now 👍

Mango Man
26-05-2019, 08:28 PM
It's really infuriating as I'm just waiting on Fiorentina in a bet, they have both been passing it about between themselves, so annoying.

Mantis Toboggan
26-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Comedy goal for 3 1, goalie not happy

Edit: pretty good use of VAR

The 90+2
26-05-2019, 08:36 PM
It's really infuriating as I'm just waiting on Fiorentina in a bet, they have both been passing it about between themselves, so annoying.

Why didn’t Fiorentina try? Was weird watching it considering they could have gained a few places in the league.

Anyway Genoa stay up. Happy about that even if just because they loaned us Stephane.

heid the baw
26-05-2019, 08:37 PM
That was a crazy last 10 minutes. Braw stuff

Onceinawhile
26-05-2019, 08:38 PM
Why didn’t Fiorentina try? Was weird watching it considering they could have gained a few places in the league.

Anyway Genoa stay up. Happy about that even if just because they loaned us Stephane.

Probably been offered cash not to try. It's quite common in Spain and Italy. Team that needs a result offers team who doesn't need a results players money.

In other news, verona gone 1 up.

heid the baw
26-05-2019, 08:38 PM

Might be a tuscan thing. Empoli is close to Florence

Billy Whizz
26-05-2019, 08:39 PM

If he couldn’t get a game for them this season, think they’ll be looking to strengthen next season. He’ll be surplus to requirements next season

franck sauzee
26-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Tried to lump on the draw just before 90 mins at odds of 1/10 but they dropped before I got it on. Was like that game that got us into Europe against the old Rangers. Neither team were interested

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2019, 07:13 AM
If he couldn’t get a game for them this season, think they’ll be looking to strengthen next season. He’ll be surplus to requirements next season

He's a kid they loaned out for experience and to play.

I doubt he's just getting binned because they might strengthen. Maybe he'll be part of their plans to strengthen?

Billy Whizz
27-05-2019, 07:28 AM

I doubt he's just getting binned because they might strengthen. Maybe he'll be part of their plans to strengthen?

He’s not a kid anymore, he’s now 23

Jim44
27-05-2019, 07:40 AM

:agree: Most players loaned out are generally very much in the long term plans of the lending club and, unfortunately, Omeonga probably falls into that category. It might be the case, tho’, that Genoa see an advantage in leaving him with us for one more year, given the game time he gets and his mental well being gained from life at ER and Edinburgh. On the other hand, they might judge that his progress last season warrants an immediate promotion into their squad.

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2019, 07:46 AM
He’s not a kid anymore, he’s now 23

The top scorer this season in Italy is 36, Omeonga has plenty of time ahead of him.

B.H.F.C
27-05-2019, 07:51 AM
:agree: Most players loaned out are generally very much in the long term plans of the lending club

Not sure about that. From this seasons loanees McNulty, Bogdan, Agypong and Gauld will probably never play for their parent clubs again.

The boy we got from Leicester might as he’s young. Not sure Omeonga will go back there and play.

CockneyRebel
27-05-2019, 10:31 AM
Genoa

Never heard of her.....(that ones as old as me).

My_Wife_Camille
27-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Not sure about that. From this seasons loanees McNulty, Bogdan, Agypong and Gauld will probably never play for their parent clubs again.

The boy we got from Leicester might as he’s young. Not sure Omeonga will go back there and play.
I’d agree with that and you could probably say it about the majority of loanees we’ve had over the years.

Marciano
Oxley
Ambrose
Commons
McGeouch
Allan
Henderson
Stokes
MacLaren
Barker
Kamberi
Boyle
O’ Donovan
Soares
Claros
McGivern
Done
Hyndman

I’d guess that those players barely have 10 games between them at their parent clubs after their loans expired

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 10:41 AM
I’d agree with that and you could probably say it about the majority of loanees we’ve had over the years.

Marciano
Oxley
Ambrose
Commons
McGeouch
Allan
Henderson
Stokes
MacLaren
Barker
Kamberi
Boyle
O’ Donovan
Soares
Claros
McGivern
Done
Hyndman

I’d guess that those players barely have 10 games between them at their parent clubs after their loans expired

The exception is that prick Docherty. You could even add Sparky at Wolves to the list.

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 10:42 AM
Might be a tuscan thing. Empoli is close to Florence

Probably been offered cash not to try. It's quite common in Spain and Italy. Team that needs a result offers team who doesn't need a results players money.

In other news, verona gone 1 up.

👍 weird regardless the Viola support where going mental.

My_Wife_Camille
27-05-2019, 10:44 AM
The exception is that prick Docherty. You could even add Sparky at Wolves to the list.
Yeah obviously it isn’t going to be 100% either way but I’d say the majority of players that go on loan aren’t in the parent clubs long term plans, especially once they reach Omeongas age.

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 10:52 AM
Yeah obviously it isn’t going to be 100% either way but I’d say the majority of players that go on loan aren’t in the parent clubs long term plans, especially once they reach Omeongas age.

Definitely. More of a shop window to get some money back. There are exceptions though but I’ve a feeling Omeonga sees his future in the UK otherwise it’s just too random sending him to us. There must be some potential plan.

27-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Genoa up for sale and 41 players were out on loan so I think we've got a decent chance of getting Omeonga again next season, loan or permanent.
. https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-stephane-omeonga-faces-uncertain-future-as-parent-club-genoa-put-up-for-sale-1-4927642

mayo hibee
27-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Had a look there - they really have a ridiculous number of players out on loan for a relatively small club. You'd have to think with a bit of scouting and research there'd be another player or two of the standard of Omoenga to be found there that are surplus to requirements.

worcesterhibby
27-05-2019, 04:26 PM
Had a look there - they really have a ridiculous number of players out on loan for a relatively small club. You'd have to think with a bit of scouting and research there'd be another player or two of the standard of Omoenga to be found there that are surplus to requirements.

To be honest I think it shows what brilliant scouts we have, that they picked a a gold nugget out of a skip full of Iron Pyrite

renato
27-05-2019, 07:38 PM

Agree with your point re the scouting but one correction - Genoa are not a small club, they’re one of the oldest and grandest clubs in Italy and have won 9 league titles - only Juve and the Milan clubs have won more.

Not that I’m sticking up for them, prefer Samp myself!

renato
27-05-2019, 07:42 PM
They’re no where near punching their weight just now but should be competing with the likes of Lazio, Roma and Fiorentina..

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 07:47 PM
They’re no where near punching their weight just now but should be competing with the likes of Lazio, Roma and Fiorentina..

Fiorentina finished a place above them. Italian football has went to ***** big time sadly.

GreenLake
27-05-2019, 08:25 PM
I'm thinking Genoa would be a great off the radar retirement location.

MWHIBBIES
27-05-2019, 09:14 PM
Fiorentina finished a place above them. Italian football has went to ***** big time sadly.

Because Fiorentina finished near the relegation places?