PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren v Dundee utd

Pages : 1 [2]

Since452
26-05-2019, 06:12 PM
Why is Neilson giving it the little fist pump at full time, was a draw the peak of his ambitions?

Probably thought they'd won on away goals. Too much time in Gorgie depletes the brain cells.

PH91
26-05-2019, 06:12 PM
I'm delighted St Mirren have stayed up purely because we go to the bowling club near the ground pre match for a beer and its excellent:greengrin

Where is that? We couldn't find anywhere decent when through this season.

Seveno
26-05-2019, 06:13 PM
That was like watching Hearts play Hearts.

wallpaperman
26-05-2019, 06:21 PM
That was like watching Hearts play Hearts.

Without the long throw ins and obligatory towel.

Hibeewilly
26-05-2019, 06:22 PM
Where is that? We couldn't find anywhere decent when through this season.
Its on the main Greenock Road just after you turn right to go along to the ground. Caledonia Bowling Club...….great prices we don't get ripped off

G B Young
26-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Following Potter's insightful Hampden analysis yesterday that "we conceded two goals and that's what's cost us" Neilson follows up today with "We're just disappointed fortune didn't favour us in the penalty shootout. At least the boys went up and took them as it can be a very difficult thing to do."

What was the alternative? To not go up and take them?

goosefat
26-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Because it's amusing to laugh at the failures of other clubs and their fans. The game would be considerably more boring without it.

This.

I'm certian all of those Utd penalty takers will get a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep tonight :greengrin

Speedway
26-05-2019, 06:59 PM
That was two teams trying very hard not to beat each other and almost succeeding.

Arab keeper looked alright but.

PH91
26-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Its on the main Greenock Road just after you turn right to go along to the ground. Caledonia Bowling Club...….great prices we don't get ripped off

Cheers, might try there next time.

The 90+2
26-05-2019, 07:25 PM
Ah I see. Thought they would be happy another club voted to allow them to enter at the 3rd, and not come up from the regional leagues as should happen to all new teams!

You forget their sense of entitlement because they are the peepul.

Carheenlea
26-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Free beans (while stocks last) again next season. Saying that, I haven't actually seen any Hibs fans taking advantage of the offer with their matchday pie.

Brunswickbill
26-05-2019, 07:58 PM

Went past the Alamo Bar today and there’s work being done on it. Don’t know if it’s opening again. I’ll keep you posted for next season.

The Harp Awakes
26-05-2019, 08:01 PM
St Mirren deserve it imo for the form they have shown second part of the season. Have a bit to offer on their day.

As for Neilson fist pumping after 90mins and for taking it to pens? Very strange.

Yes, I found that very strange. Looked like he was relieved to get to extra time then penalties. Looked to me like he and the Dundee United players didn't have any belief they could win the game. When St Mirren went down to 10 men you thought United would throw the kitchen sink at them but the last 6 minutes they just passed across the park. I'd be raging if I was a United supporter.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2019, 08:02 PM
Went past the Alamo Bar today and there’s work being done on it. Don’t know if it’s opening again. I’ll keep you posted for next season.

Must be about sixty years when it last had any work done on it. It was like going back in the past. Nice people behind the bar (even took dollars) but what a dump.

we are hibs
26-05-2019, 08:08 PM
Tom English being a fanny on twitter again. Moaning cause st.mirren had the audacity to celebrate staying up. The man is an ******** who should stick to rugby as football clearly isn't a strong point.

Hibeewilly
26-05-2019, 08:09 PM
Cheers mate

.Sean.
26-05-2019, 08:27 PM
Both John McGinns brothers less than complimentary regarding AS on BBC website

w pilton hibby
26-05-2019, 08:41 PM
Both John McGinns brothers less than complimentary regarding AS on BBC website

Who's AS?

Sir David Gray
26-05-2019, 08:44 PM
Who's AS?

Alan Stubbs.

w pilton hibby
26-05-2019, 08:47 PM
Alan Stubbs.

Cheers.

Peevemor
26-05-2019, 08:47 PM
Who's AS?Stubbs. They don't name him directly, but they describe the club as a "car crash" at the start of the season.

Billy Whizz
26-05-2019, 08:49 PM
Stubbs. They don't name him directly, but they describe the club as a "car crash" at the start of the season.

They were at the end of the season too!

Think some of the McGinn’s took exception to Stubbs wanting to move on some of their pals. Player power

The_Horde
26-05-2019, 08:58 PM
They were at the end of the season too!

Think some of the McGinn’s took exception to Stubbs wanting to move on some of their pals. Player power

Doesn't excuse the bit where they said they had a league one squad. Absolutely and specifically talking about Stubbs' signings.

Sylar
26-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Disappointed United didn't come back up, despite the presence of Jambos around their club.

They're a far better addition to the SPFL than a number of clubs, and have the resources to be playing in the top level.

Still, well done to the Buddies - they did what was necessary.

Hermit Crab
27-05-2019, 02:46 AM
St Mirren are tin pot and will more than likely find themselves down in or near the playoffs again next season. They struggled this season and that was with a decent cash boost from the McGinn sale.

Since452
27-05-2019, 07:13 AM
Enjoy Arbroath away next season United

bigwheel
27-05-2019, 09:25 AM
Enjoy Arbroath away next season United

I’m sure they will. Only about 20 miles away ...

Here’s Lucy!
27-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Enjoy Arbroath away next season UnitedLovely wee place is Arbroath.

Since452
28-05-2019, 12:57 PM
Lovely wee place is Arbroath.

We'll find out maybe!

Liam89
28-05-2019, 01:03 PM
St Mirren are tin pot and will more than likely find themselves down in or near the playoffs again next season. They struggled this season and that was with a decent cash boost from the McGinn sale.

'Tin pot' :rolleyes:

Such a cringeworthy insult, one synonymous with English da's belittling our leagues quality and stature, so is embarrassing to see spouted by a hibs fan towards a fellow Scottish Premiership team.