PDA

View Full Version : The most glorious failure

Sioux
26-05-2019, 08:42 AM
A team that ran about, committed their usual number of fouls, played no football at all, hardly created a chance in open play, frequently played the ball back to the keeper from 20 yards into the opposition half, yet the goons in maroon are salivating over all that. They're all proud as punch that their worst performance in a cup final, even after taking account of Aberdeen and St Mirren finals, ended in tears. Not tears of sorrow, sorrow, but tears of unbridled pride in not getting smashed.

Their singing was restricted to the H.E.A..........dirge, and more than a few renditions of the Billy boys (not a minority by the way, and no mention of that in their pride).

By all means show appreciation if its warranted, but all this crap about how yesterday is now being viewed as a badge of honour, 'I was there', type of moment, is seriously creating doubt as to the ability of these morons to realise the reality of a world that's outside of their bubble.

It is truly weird for the fans who invented the 'third force' and the 'big team' to now celebrate in the style of Braveheart, an utterly forgettable football performance.

Is this really a Big Team?

Tom Hart RIP
26-05-2019, 08:54 AM
Apart from their goal I can’t think of one other decent chance. Also what about the kick for touch from the kick off? I can’t remember ever seeing that before.

Keith_M
26-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Levein is quoted as saying he's disappointed but "proud".

"I’m very proud of the way the players performed "

"I thought they all tried ever so hard to implement the gameplan and did all the running they needed to do...."

Proud of that? Seriously?

Glory Lurker
26-05-2019, 08:57 AM
They were the poorer team in a desperately bad game of football.

Sioux
26-05-2019, 08:58 AM

"I thought they all tried ever so hard to implement the gameplan and did all the running they needed to do...."

Its a new type of football invented by the tactical genius. Watch Barca, Bayern and Citeh follow suit shortly.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-05-2019, 09:03 AM
Has to be one of the worse finals I’ve watched in a while!

Night and day compared to 2016 - and not just because of the winners

So many jambos “proud” of that performance. Proud of what exactly?

The second half ko was baffling and laughable. Aye, kick it into touch. Must have practiced that so many times at the Watt

Only heard they’re fans once - when they scored

The only success in tactics was dragging Celtic down to their level

Since452
26-05-2019, 09:07 AM
I'd give that title to Rangers in 2016

SouthMoroccoStu
26-05-2019, 09:15 AM

Why? Andy Halliday scored the winner and I turned the channel over!

04Sauzee
26-05-2019, 09:25 AM
Still can't get my head round the fact that the Hearts fans thought they played well. They also thought their fans were excellent. I thought the atmosphere was rubbish and the game was possibly the worst cup final I can recall

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-05-2019, 09:31 AM
Cup Finals should be end to end and played in glorious sunshine as a fitting end of the season high point. 2016 had it all and will be hard to beat in terms of being an iconic game. Swap treble treble for terrible drivel.

PatHead
26-05-2019, 09:39 AM
Can't stop thinking of Vince Lombardi's quote, "Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser."

Sums Hearts up. A bunch of losers with a losers mentality.

matty_f
26-05-2019, 09:39 AM
I'd 100 percent challenge the narrative that they played well. All they did was pack the midfield to stop Celtic playing. The game was dreadful and Hearts were largely responsible for that.

iwasthere1972
26-05-2019, 09:47 AM
I've never seen a team kicking the ball into touch from the second half kick off. Thought I was watching the Glasgow Warriers. Tactical genius is that Potter. Not surprised that he has a barrowload of medals. It was a good day.........for us.

CyberSauzee
26-05-2019, 10:32 AM
Still can't get my head round the fact that the Hearts fans thought they played well. They also thought their fans were excellent. I thought the atmosphere was rubbish and the game was possibly the worst cup final I can recall

Playing well for them now equates to stopping the other team playing.

mjhibby
27-05-2019, 08:39 AM

That's exactly what it means when potter is involved. No tactics on how to actually win the game but a massive effort to stop their opponents playing passing moves. The weird Hertz fans actually thought they played well. They are so used to hoofball that's what they expect. It's like a cult religion in only seeing what they think is football. Jeezo.

Sammy7nil
27-05-2019, 08:42 AM

I think Hibs would probably win 2-0 up at home to Hamilton in the play off and we lose. That really takes a lot of beating.

Jim44
27-05-2019, 08:52 AM
I think Hibs would probably win 2-0 up at home to Hamilton in the play off and we lose. That really takes a lot of beating.

:agree: :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Bostonhibby
27-05-2019, 08:57 AM
I think Hibs would probably win 2-0 up at home to Hamilton in the play off and we lose. That really takes a lot of beating.We had Terry Butcher though. Craig Levein with medals.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 09:03 AM

Or perhaps one draw away from winning the league at Dundee while having a much better goal difference in case they lose. That has to be up there.

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 09:05 AM

Running about putting challenges in, winning a few throw ins close to the opponents box = success. The young boy done well against an unfit James Forrest and now he’s actually been quoted off them like Phillip Lahm

JeMeSouviens
27-05-2019, 09:46 AM
Shhhhhh, everybody! Levein looks safe in post for another year. Don't spoil it. :wink:

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Shhhhhh, everybody! Levein looks safe in post for another year. Don't spoil it. :wink:

I don’t think if Budge ignores he loyal(ist) subjects she will take any notice of how hilarious we find it.

we are hibs
27-05-2019, 10:17 AM
I've never seen a team kicking the ball into touch from the second half kick off. Thought I was watching the Glasgow Warriers. Tactical genius is that Potter. Not surprised that he has a barrowload of medals. It was a good day.........for us.

At a time where we are trying to attract better tv money and you have that welt of a man telling his players to lump the ball 70 yards into the corner from kick off to gain territory like irs rugby. Who is going to see that and think "that league is worth investing in"? It's embarrassing for Scottish Football

Since452
27-05-2019, 10:22 AM
At a time where we are trying to attract better tv money and you have that welt of a man telling his players to lump the ball 70 yards into the corner from kick off to gain territory like irs rugby. Who is going to see that and think "that league is worth investing in"? It's embarrassing for Scottish Football

Up there with his offside trap

JeMeSouviens
27-05-2019, 10:26 AM

Can't think of anyone, short of Terry Butcher & Maurice Malpas taking over Sky (shudders).

NC1875
27-05-2019, 10:58 AM
Levein now says they are 4 players short of challenging Celtic next season!!

They really are a bunch of weirdos

greenpaper55
27-05-2019, 11:08 AM

Aye, Ronaldo, Messi, Sane and Aguero !

SouthMoroccoStu
27-05-2019, 11:08 AM

Just a shame those players are Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Virgil van Dijk and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-05-2019, 11:15 AM

Just read that 😂 you gotta love the delusions at Tiny (no view of the) castle 😂😂😂

Jim44
27-05-2019, 11:24 AM

Maybe four decent players might improve their chances of challenging Celtic in a one off cup tie but over a full season he’s talking out of his erchie.

Jack Hackett
27-05-2019, 11:27 AM

No doubt he'll be signing about 20 trying to find them.

The 90+2
27-05-2019, 11:28 AM

Why not just keep his trap shut ffs. How would he know what winning anything entails?

southsider
27-05-2019, 11:36 AM

So are we but we ain’t gonna get Leigh, SJM, Barker & McNulty (well may get 2)

Bostonhibby
27-05-2019, 11:38 AM

They really are a bunch of weirdos4 more 6 and a half foot tall cloggers bogging down the midfield, hacking their way through the game and practicing relentless back passes should ensure even more glorious defeats like Saturday.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Deansy
27-05-2019, 12:52 PM
A team that ran about, committed their usual number of fouls, played no football at all, hardly created a chance in open play, frequently played the ball back to the keeper from 20 yards into the opposition half, yet the goons in maroon are salivating over all that. They're all proud as punch that their worst performance in a cup final, even after taking account of Aberdeen and St Mirren finals, ended in tears. Not tears of sorrow, sorrow, but tears of unbridled pride in not getting smashed.

Their singing was restricted to the H.E.A..........dirge, and more than a few renditions of the Billy boys (not a minority by the way, and no mention of that in their pride).

By all means show appreciation if its warranted, but all this crap about how yesterday is now being viewed as a badge of honour, 'I was there', type of moment, is seriously creating doubt as to the ability of these morons to realise the reality of a world that's outside of their bubble.

It is truly weird for the fans who invented the 'third force' and the 'big team' to now celebrate in the style of Braveheart, an utterly forgettable football performance.

Is this really a Big Team?

Think you've forgotten the Jambos utter loathing of 'Reality' - they've never been, or will be, able to face it !

Kato
27-05-2019, 05:02 PM
Why not just keep his trap shut ffs. How would he know what winning anything entails?

He is their Wizard of Oz. All bluster and fake narrative. Their fans and Missus Budge are mugs to fall for it. His "style" of football is absolutely horrible.

27-05-2019, 09:16 PM

Proud of what exactly, that they never took a tanking? That yet again he has failed at winning a trophy?

The final was brutal to watch. Hearts game plan was to simply stuff out Celtic in the midfield. Effective but it really is eye bleeding stuff to watch. they gave Celtic a scare but lets be honest Celtic looked murder as well, a half decent side would have beat them on Saturday.

27-05-2019, 11:39 PM

Where did you read that? Evening News article says he thinks the current Hearts team can win a trophy and then goes on to say he thinks they only need to sign 4 players in the summer. No mention of challenging Celtic.